Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Grimoire of Myths - Feedback and criticisms!

Alvis Alendran

Supporter
Supporter
Pretty much what it say on the tin folks.

I'm looking for feedback, good or bad, suggestions, anything like that.

Every now and again, I'll step in here, adn explain a few things about the myths and process, which ones I feel I've done well on and which ones I feel I slipped up on. So...lemme know how they are, eh? Only way to improve is to hear what I'm doing right/wrong!

Crickets? Really? All I'm gettin' here?

So, I'm going to open up with little bit on the first myth I wrote. Which is actually Shadows.

Shadows was written well before I had any idea of continuity, and very nearly replaced Dusk Spirit.

Thanks the Gods it didn't. But more on Dusk Spirit later.

Shadows was written in fairly short time. Within an hour. and was really because I was trying to get over a chunk of writer's block. I'd had bits of it kicking around in my head for years at that point. SO I just kind of poured it out, and called it my own little mini-myth. And that was where it was going to stay.

And it would have, if not for the thread that brought up silly Gothic Names. And a few other select people. Whether he knew it or not, and I doubt he did, Lord Animus is one of the big offenders! His understandable dislike of his Gothic name made me want to restore a certain semblance of awe and tragedy to the name. Make it one to stand behind. So I made the thought of doing mini-myths.

A few good people asked me to do theirs! Erit of Eastcris came first, followed by Karameida and Razgriz. These last two were the reason there's continuity. Their myths were very easy to tie together, and so a kind of continuity was born.

So, I've rambled enough for now. Should be back later with more extras on the myths!

Okay, so clearly not a lot of interest in this kind of thing.

But I never did know when to quit. So..once more!

So...the Dusk Spirit! Sort of a creation myth to the world, this one was written very quickly, and really, elements of this myth are carried into a lot of, if not most of, future myths.

Now, admittedly, these elements become a little less prevalent in later Ages of the world, but they really did define the way the world worked in the First Age, and much of the Second. So that was why I felt I needed to make sure tehre were a few pretty good, explorable elements to be found in it.

And hey, making the main Goddess become a semi-fallen fiery wrath monster was a great image to have kicking around in my head when I wrote this! The image of her searing the round with fire, and then striding forth with the bound souls of the fallen, linked to her on spectral chains...come on, that's an image that anyone can appreciate!

Probably soon, I'll be shedding a little extra light onto the Scarlet Grave.

Back
Top Bottom