Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

All's Fair in Love and War ((Half-Demon X Yajirobe))

Natalia chuckled a bit and sat down on her bed. She would probably have to send him back to his room for the night, but for now they could spend some time together. She still did have to change into her nightwear. "Well, Planning the wedding and winning the war are the first things to do. Moving the Capitol is going to take the most time, I'm afraid."

"Yeah, I know what you are talking about,"he said looking for something and writing down something for her,"these are the elite elves coming to visit us soon, they will work with me and be added to an elite unit of your kind as the best example of us working together, you shall lead your demons and I shall lead the elves understood," he said looking at her as he handed her the names of the people so she would know them.

Natalia nodded as she took the names and began reading them over. It was almost amusing how Ico was acting like it was certain that her father would allow her to be in harm's way again. Still, it was best to be prepared in case the demon king agreed.

Ico kissed Natalia on her lips softly before he let go of her and smiled as he got to his feet, "well now, my lady, good night, sleep well, perhaps we shall have more elves here in the morning, my advance elite force tends to move pretty fast, then we can talk about plans to deal with the orcs together and also we can have talk about the marriage too," he said with a smile before he slipped out of her room. He slipped to his own room and went into it thinking about all he had to do, he was glad he had a bit of a break cause things were about to get rather busy.

After Ico left, Natalia changed into a nightgown and walked over to the balcony door. She stepped out into the cool air and looked out at the town below the castle. She wondered which would come first, the wedding or the war. She also wondered how they would fare against the orcs. They weren't as cunning as demons and elves, but they had the brute strength the demons had as well as the healing factor that elves had. It would be a difficult next few months.

The next morning when the Elf King was up, a group of elves joined the ranks of those in the town, they flew by Pegasus all the way into the capital and were walking towards the capital, the leader of a group a blonde elf had a angry look on her face as she walked, followed by the others who were behind her. They were going to meet their new king and they were going to work with the demons, Kaza looked out seeing that a group had arrived but he didn't see who was in the said group as they came marching into the castle.

Word spread quickly that elves had arrived. Natalia, dressed in one of her more warlike dresses made her way down to see the new arrivals. She had a meeting later on that day with her father about the war, but for now, she would rather show a strong front and act as if she were going to be fighting soon.

The group walked up most of them bowed, actually all of them did so, but as the leader of the group looked at Natalia she shot the demon daggers as gave her a look as if she were trying to measure up and judge the demon as best as she could, her purple eyes focused on the eyes of the demon before looking around for a moment, "We are here to find a place to rest and stay, give me the directions and I shall find it myself, and bunk up my men," the woman said her voice strong with authority as she looked dead in the eye of the woman.

Natalia's ruby eyes met the elvish woman's purple ones, almost as if she were daring her to try something. The princess had no problems with the others, but it seemed this woman had potential to cause trouble. "The elite barracks are on the east end of the castle. I am sure you could find it on your own, but it would be inhospitable of me to not give you a guide." She stated in a calm, even voice. She then motioned for one of her guards to do so and show them the way.

The blonde elf held judgment for the moment, but she was going to keep an close eye on Natalia, a really close eye if she could help it. The blonde and the others moved after the group heading towards the barracks, when she saw Ico, the blonde smiled and ran up to the King and hugged him, "brother, it is good to see you again, it has been to long," she said softly as she smiled looking at her elder brother, "I shall talk to you later after I get my men quartered," the woman said with a smile before heading off to the place that Natalia had instructed her to go. Ico walking past to smile as he walked up to Natalia giving her a warm smile as he waved to her.

Natalia smiled as she glanced up at Ico. "Good morning," she greeted. "It looks like your pegasi are almost as fast as our war horses." She stated with a chuckle. The demon decided to not mention her distrust towards the elvish woman, knowing that it would take more than just one meeting to get to know the newcomers.

"Well like this look too on too," he said as he looked at her before hugging her into his arms as he looked at her for moment taking in her beauty before he started to walk with her though the halls and than looked at the gathering people, " well, I am sure that they are, plus I am sure there is a great curiosity about you from the elves as you saw, I am not sure they will be so favorable at the start, but I think they will warm up to you."

"Well, there is a few days between now and leaving for the battlefield. I'm sure that at least some of their curiosities will be sated," She answered as she took hold of his hand and intertwining her fingers with his as they walked.

"That is very true," Ico commented as he looked at her out of the corner of his eye as he walked. He knew where he was going, he was going to meet with her father to talk about the wedding, how soon they could have it as well as the fact that his kind had arrived in the capital as well. He liked holding the hand of his future wife. To outsiders, they might look like a rather strange pair, but it seemed like they were a natural fit to him at least. Plus, it wasn't like he gave a damn about what others thought about the marriage anyhow.

Natalia was grateful that this meeting would be just her, Ico, and her father. This would be just be picking a date, and discussing possible war plans. If they could convince her father to let her go. The princess was almost certain she wouldn't be allowed to join the fighting until after marriage, due to demon laws. Her father held the right to keep her back until she was married. Then her husband held the right to allow her to fight or stay back.

He waited till they spoke, he knew that talking about marriage would be big, it was a big event, and he knew that their wedding was extra big given the relationship between them, and their status both ways. He looked at Natalia and smiled at her calmly for a moment and than let his hand grope her backside for a moment to see if he could get away with it as much as anything else. He gave her a innocent smile after doing so as if he had done nothing but he knew he had, and well he rather enjoyed getting a feel of her backside.

Natalia was grateful that her father was looking away when Ico let his hand wander a bit. She blushed brightly and glanced back at him, half-glaring at him. Now was not the time to be playing around. He could at least wait till after the meeting.

The king glanced back at the couple and rolled his eyes a bit. He was able to figure out what was going on between the two by the blush on Natalia and the not-so-innocent smile on Ico's face. It was, in a way, both worrying and reassuring. Worrying, because these two were already willing to play around, but reassuring because they looked like they were made for each other, despite the different races. It made him believe that a wedding sooner rather than later would be best.

Ico smiled as he looked at the king, "Well sir, I wish to marry your daughter as soon as possible, I figure that it would be best that way, I have fellow elves in town that are related to me, and are important people, and it would make it easy with them as representatives of my people. I know that this will be challenging for you and everything, but I think that the sooner that we get married the best," he commented as he looked at the older male giving him a warm smile as he knew that he had hidden his playfulness with his daughter poorly.

The king nodded and looked at his daughter to see if she had any objections. Naturally, she was for it. "When do you think would be the soonest possible, with the war and other issues?" Natalia asked her father, knowing that he would have a better idea on how soon it would be possible to get the wedding planned and get the word out to not just demons and elves, but let the other races know of the union.

The gray haired demon thought over everything. He knew it would have been easier if Natalia's mother were still alive, but if Natalia stayed and helped plan instead of heading out to war like she wanted, a month or so. "Would you be willing to stay here and help while you, Ico, go and lead the armies?" He knew if Ico spent the time planning and strategizing, he would be safe, but it would be a long month.

A month was a long time to wait, and the young king new it, he let out a soft sigh as he knew that he would have to agree in the end. It wasn't worth the argument or so he figured at least. He lookeda t the king and nodded his head agreeing to the statements by the man, "find, I shall do was you have asked, and I shall do all I can to help," he said as he looked at the king and than looked at Natalia and looked at her a month away from her was going to be harder than anything, really. He didn't care if the older man saw his next action as he pulled Natalia into a long kiss before smiling, "my people are here, have the ones your going to send meet me at the western gate, I shall march out tonight, there is no reason to wait for any time to start this month."

Natalia disliked that he would be gone for so long, and though she wanted to join him, she knew she had a lot to do on the home front. Weddings weren't done over night, especially ones as important as theirs. She still blushed again as he pulled her into a kiss, but she kissed back, knowing that it would be some time before they had the chance to do so again. As he pulled back, she gave his hand a light squeeze. The older king nodded at Ico's request and dismissed them both as he sent orders to the demon elites to prepare to move out.

The time passed slowly, very slowly each day seemed to drag on for a long period of time. He hated being away from Natalia and he wrote his love each and every single day, to the amazement of his men, both elf and demon as they did poke fun at him from time to time especially his younger sister. He managed to avoid to much trouble fighting and ambushing orc forces at every possible turn, they were a hard group to fight and he had a small scar over his right shoulder as the proof of this fact. Still they were driving them back into their own lands bit by bit as he worked and battled nearly every single day engaging new forces as he held the spot, before finally about 3 days before the month was up, he forced them across a large river on the border and burned down the bridge forcing them to stay on that side for a while at least which would give them time to create new defenses, and it would give him time to return to marry Natalia as well.

Natalia spent much of her month planning the wedding. She hated being away from Ico and from the fighting, but sadly she was needed with just how big of an event this really would be. She would reply to each of the Elf's letters, though she was spared the teasing. Everyone here was too busy setting up for the wedding. Especially now that there were three days left before the wedding. Decorations were being placed in the ball room, the food was being brought in so that it could be prepared in a few days, Natalia was forced to sit through several dress sizings. It was rather stressful.

The trip home was a long one, filled with boredom actually, as they went over the ragged roads of the demon kingdom, riding the whole day to get to the capital that night, they didn't have to worry about being jumped at least in the streets as he rode a flying horse this time landing it on the castle grounds before getting down, he had his people find their homes as their demon allies went to their own homes. He went into the building looking up he could see the moon in the sky as he walked in, it had been a very long day and he was going to hopefully find a place to rest sooner rather than later.

Natalia was sound asleep when Ico had returned. She had been expecting him the next day, not that night. Thankfully the guards recognized him and allowed him to enter. As he walked in though, he could see that much of the castle was almost prepared for the upcoming wedding.

Back
Top Bottom