Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

All's Fair in Love and War ((Half-Demon X Yajirobe))

He turned red at hearing the comments, and then smiled, "Well then tomorrow hopefully, you can wear that and I can see you in it, I promise I can't promise I won't remove it from your body though," he said in a whisper as he made sure that only she would be able to hear what he said as he knew that it would be wise to have it that way.

"Maybe.. Though I may make you wait a bit..~" She answered quietly. She probably shouldn't have said anything, but she was hoping that he got the hint that her father and the council had agreed to all of the treaty terms.

He got what she was getting out and now he felt like a kid on Christmas, about the be able to have the greatest gift ever the right to court and marry Talia. Ico kissed her hand and stood up, "I am off to bed, the faster I go to sleep the faster tomorrow shall come," he said as he smiled warmly at the young woman before turning and heading towards his room, he so was excited and pumped up as he could feel his heart beating so quickly in his chest the elf was more excited then ever at the prospects of having the demon in his life for good.

Natalia giggled softly as he left. She loved how excited he had gotten. It seemed that after life had thrown her the hurdles of the war, losing her mother to illness and her brother to the war, that something was beginning to go right. The princess hoped that it would stay that way, or at least life would stop taking things from her.
The demon continued to read her book for another hour or so before she reluctantly set it down and made her way to her room. She knew that tomorrow would be a very busy day for everyone. Announcing the treaty and engagement between she and the elf would cause for an interesting reaction for the demon and elvish people.

Ico had been rather honest with Natalia about him being excited about sleeping that night, the next day couldn't come fast enough. He rested turning in his sleep from moment to moment talking himself to sleep finally as he was just so pumped up and excited for what would happen the following day. Ico smiled softly as he looked at the sunrise the next morning. He got ready making sure he was wearing his best clothes, and waited to be told to meet with the king. He knew that it was going to happen, it just was a bit nerve wrecking still as he sat there rocking back and forth in the hall.

The demon king noticed how anxious the younger male looked. Rightfully so, too. It was true that the old king was ready to agree to all the terms, but he did have a few conditions of his own. One, was that his daughter and this elf be married either on nutral ground or here in the demon territory. His second term was understandable, as this would be another long term arrangement, but to have a new palace built in the middle of the two soon to be joined countries. He knew he would only be around for another few years, and figured this would prevent conflict between the two races. His third and final term was more of a father's request. He simply asked that Ico refrain from anything improper until after marriage.

Ico walked in and looked at the demon king and heard his conditions and nodded his head. He agreed to all of them without second question. He saw the wisdom of them nan and smiled as he looked at the demon king, he was a good man, as good as his father before his madness and a kind man. He would disagree without about his life expectancy, he figured the man would see his grandson grow old enough to take over. He hoped that anyhow. He had no problems with the ideas, they were honorable, and he knew that he would be served best by the ideas of moving the capital and waiting till marriage that was looked down on by his own people and despite his desire for Talia he could wait.

The older king nodded as Ico agreed. Now was the difficult part, announcing to the people about the wedding, the war, and as soon as the Orcs and war bands were taken care of, a change in capitol. He had a scribe write out the treaty with both men's terms in it and signed it and placed his seal on it. He waited for Ico to do the same. Once everything was finalized on their front, they would make the announcement.

Ico looked at the king and smiled as he signed it as well before he walked out with the king, he knew it was best to do this with him. He knew that the people would be told to come to the capital where they could find out the news of the peace and the alliance against the orcs. He knew this was going to be interesting as he knew that things were dicey between elves and demons up to that point. Ico saw the people gathering before he gave a speech promising friendship to the demons before the king gave his speech.

The crowd didn't seem to be the happiest over the alliance, but they knew that the Orcs were a much bigger threat. Then the demon king made the final announcement. The engagement of his daughter, Natalia to the new Elven King. Several people were shocked, knowing how the princess had turned down and actually scared the other suitors away. How would this elf be able to handle the fiery princess when demons couldn't?

Ico didn't expect them to be happy, but it was better then a riot, he knew that the war was on their mind and that they would have to work together if either one was to win. He walked into the castle and thanked the king as he gave him a friendly smile, "Now, I shall send a report telling my people about the success of the treaty," he told the king bowing before leaving and heading to his room to write a letter telling them about the agreement he had made with the demons, he would also have his elite guard come to the demon capital to plan with them as his advisors the war with the orcs using them as part of an elite group to combine with the demon's elite force.

Natalia had been hiding out in the town just before the announcements were made. She made sure to dress in a way she wouldn't be recognized. This was the easiest way to learn about how the people really felt. During the announcement, most were unhappy. They knew the threats though. She noticed a few that would refuse to help the elves, others who were curious about them, and even a few that were happy about the treaty. What she found the most amusing was the announcement of the engagement. Several questioned why she wasn't there, speculating that she was unhappy with the arrangement. The princess knew that she was known for her temper. Ah well. It seemed that over all the people were settling with it. Not many were openly against it anyways.

Ico smiled softly as he looked at the people gathered. He knew his people would be mixed in there opinion, but curiosity would be the greatest thing that would grew in his people. He knew they would want to know the woman there noble king was going to marry. There would be uncertainity as well. They would be unsure he figures. He sat quietly in the garden looking at the flowers and resting against the wall of the castle.

After spending a few hours wandering around with the people, she made her way back to the castle, slipping past the guards. She wasn't supposed to be out and about, but she preferred learning more about their point of view. When she got back in to the castle, she changed into a simple white dress and wandered around to find Ico.

Ico managed to find the demon woman who was going to be his future wife and queen as well the woman looked as lovely as ever. Ico looked at her and smiled taking in her beauty and how great the blonde fit in her elegant dress. He turned a good bit red as he looked at her and rubbed the back of his neck as he remembered his promise to not sleep with Talia till they were married. He could tell now he would have no problems at all making a move on her when the time was right. I o was so very attracted to the woman as he walked up to her and tapped her shoulder lightly giving her a kind caring smile as he looked at her.

Natalia glanced up at him as he tapped on her shoulder. She smiled at him and pulled him into a hug. "You know, not everyone hates the idea of us.. Several people are actually curious about you elves," She said with a chuckle.

Ico smiled as he was vet glad to hear that, having a hug from the blond demon was a joy in itself as well, he took her hands in his own as he smiled at her and than pressed his his lips to her own,"I am glad, I hope us fighting together in this war will help," he said looking into the eyes of Talia. He smiled as he walked with her,"so are you going to stay here or are you going to want to fight by my side," he asked seriously as he walked with her. He had a good guess as to what she would want to do and that would be to fight.

"Do you really think I am going to stay here?" She asked with a frown. Natalia wondered if he or her father would insist she not be on the battlefield this time, not that she's be happy about being left behind.

"I don't want you to remain here," he said as he looked at her and smiled,"I want you watching my back and making sure I don't get into any trouble while I am out there," Ico said with a smile as he walked with her. He was sure her father might disagree with her going out but he liked the idea, cause he knew just how amazing she happened to be when she was on a battlefield.

"Then I'm leaving it to you to convince my father to agree. It's uncommon for a female demon to be near a battlefield, let alone allowed to fight." The only reason Natalia had been on the battlefield before was out of necessity to keep her people's space. Still, she was sure Ico would watch her back if she was allowed to go.

"Oh, I see," he said with a smile as he looked at her and than smiled as he looked at Natalia,"I will do so, I need you by my side, who wouldn't want the real blood princess watching his back, plus it will show everyone that elves and demons ca get along and enjoy being around each other. We will be e example for others to follow," he said with a warm smile as he slipped his arm around her waist walking her down the hall,"you do keep wearing these sexy outfits after we are married you will end up in bed a lot."

A light blush dusted her cheeks as he pulled her closer. "These are what I would consider normal outfits," She stated as she glanced up at him. "Maybe you just got used to me at the hot springs," Natalia added as she smirked a bit.

He smiled as he looked down at her, "that or I got used to the fact you were dressing up like your brother when we first meet," he said before kissing her lips softly and long fully as he held her gently in his arms for a good long moment as he looked at her and than smiled as he pulled back, "I do like these dress, remind me how sexy you really are,"" he said softly as he knew this was going to be a challenge not taking her before they were wed.

"If I remember correctly, I wasn't dressed when we first met.." She whispered, grinning a bit. "And you thought that I was just a servant girl." Natalia quickly kissed him back and wrapped her arms around his neck.

"Good points, and I nought you were the sexiest thing I had ever seen then too," he replied softly to her as he walked with her to their bed, he would not sleep with her, but tat didn't mean he couldn't lay,with her and cuddle up close even in a chair,"so we get married move the capital and we'll win the war, seem like everything," he asked as he looked at her and waited for her own reaction to his words.

Back
Top Bottom