Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Senpai of a Giant Talking Praying Mantis ((New) Main Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stonebones

Star
"Knock! Knock! Knock!"

The hired mover rechecked the address on his clip board, confirming he had the right place. He fanned himself with his hat, as it was particularly warm this spring season. Tapping his foot, he waited for somebody to answer the the door so that he could head back to work, and more importantly, the air conditioning.

Melissa sighed as she heard someone knocking against her door, standing up and moving to answer it. She'd been in her room, putting away all that she had with her. She hadn't gotten all of her stuff, not yet anyway, but she was putting away what she did have as of now.

As she answered the door, she looked at the mover with a slight sigh, before she spoke. "Right. Umm...how many more boxes are there?" She couldn't remember exactly.

The mover glanced at his check board once again and raised an eyebrow. "I'm sorry miss, but I wouldn't know anything about that. It says here that you only rented the truck, and my job was to bring it here. You'll have to do the unpacking yourself" He turned to walk away. "I'll be back to pick the truck up at eight" He said waving his hand.

She sighed in exasperation, moving to walk towards the truck as she muttered something under her breath. "....truly a great moving service." She opened the back of it as she looked over all her stuff, frowning slightly. "Well....looks like I'm gonna be pretty busy for the rest of today." Most moving companies helped you unpack your stuff after all, and quite frankly she had assumed this one did too.

Across the way two sister's were returning from after a talk with their father. The Mizuki Twin's were quite known in the part of the world, and most were afraid to approach them since their father was an ex-crime boss now turned respected business man. The two brunettes stopped as they saw all of those boxes. Thinking the girl needed help Yumi began to walk over, with Amane following after.

"Ohh, are you new? Would you like some help?" Yumi asked the other girl, her sister, Amane just kinda looked at her curiously with a sleepy look on her face.

Melissa looked at the girls, assuming they were sisters as she answered the one who had addressed her. "I...yea. I just moved in today, and I uh....apparently the moving company my parents hired don't actually help me move my stuff. I'd more than appreciate if you'd help. My name's Melissa by the way." She smiled slightly, looking a bit odd, her skin being as pale as it was, and her makeup making her stand out from most of the people who lived in the small town.

Yumi had a very feminine and lady like posture, her left hand on her head. "I'm Yumi, and this derpy busty girl here is my sister Amane." She smiled as she introduced her "She can carry all the heavy stuff, she's stronger than she looks."

Amane blinked after looking at the two, for a moment "Umm...nice to meet you," she said with a light blush, and she then began to work. "Where do you want your stuff?" her voice heard over the large box she was carrying.

"I uhh..." She was a little off put by Yumi's introduction off the sisters, not sure how to reply for a minute. "Umm...right, right!" She picked up two of the lighter boxes, moving forward to show Amane into her house, putting down her own boxes as she just sorta shrugged. "Just anywhere is fine, I'll go through it all later." She smiled politely as she moved to continue unpacking her stuff, and when they finally finished she smiled at the two again, nodding as she spoke. "I uhh....thanks for all your help. I would've been stuck doing that all day if it weren't for you two."

Amane left the boxes where she was told, her hair as messy as it was, got ruffled by her sister. "Good girl," she told her with a smile Amane beamed.

"Anything else, dear?" Yumi spoke in her usual motherly tone, Amane seemed a bit dazed as she looked around Melissa's home.

"Umm...I uhh...no. Nothing else I think." Melissa was still a little off put by the sisters, a little confused by their personalities. She was also a little embarrassed by the way Yumi had introduced Amane. "I'll be here, and if I need anything I'll make sure to ask the two of you....it was really nice to meet you two." They were the first people she'd met in town so far.

Yumi could sort of tell that the new girl must have been uncomfortable some how or at least felt awkward to the both of them. "Ah I apologize if we seem weird, it's been a long day.."

As Yumi explained Amane noticed a vending machine nearby, "Hey...can we get something to drink?" she spoke softly, pointing out wards toward the machine.

"Oh it's not a problem, I'm just a little nervous. Being new in town is a little unusual for me. I spent the most of my life in one place before I made the decision to just leave." Melissa seemed more preoccupied than anything else, as if she was just having a hard time getting everything taken care off.

When Amane spoke up about the vending machine, she glanced towards it curiously, realizing she hadn't really looked around the neighborhood she was in now. She hadn't had a chance yet.

As Melissa glanced at the vending machine, a dumpster in a nearby ally briefly rumbled. A moment later, it moved again. If one listened closely, you could hear noises coming from it, sounding like something was rummaging through it from the inside.

As Amane dragged Yumi along just before she could respond to Melissa she heard rummaging from the nearby dumpster. Scared, she hid behind her sister. "It's probably just a mouse or something, don't worry, I thought you were thirsty?" She looked behind to her sister, Amane didn't say anything but nodded her head.

"I don't suppose you carry a bat or something with you?" She asked Melissa though she wasn't scared, she was the more violent of the two so she usually handled the more rough stuff, they were daughters of a Yakuza boss after all.

"A bat?" She looked at Yumi slightly amazed. "I thought you said it was just a mouse or something. A bat's a little overkill isn't it?" All the same she gestured towards the boxes they'd just brought in. "I've got a crowbar and a bat in one of these boxes, yet I've got no idea which one."

"But how about instead of just wasting our time trying to find a lethal weapon, we go see whatever it is first, and if it's a mouse we let it go free...." After all, there was no point to beat a little mouse with a baseball bat....or with anything, for that matter.

"I apologize for my sister," Amane stated, "She has umm..slight violent tendences, our father was really strict with her growing up." she apologized for her, well some protection would be good just incase. Well her sister was alredy one steps ahead of them!

Yumi poked her head over the dumpers, and immediately froze "What the hell?!" she spoke rather loudly before scuttling away from it.

"What's wrong, onee-chan?" Amane asked, comforting her.

"Giant...bug...thing.." Yumi muttered out of her mouth.

"I understand that anyway. Parents can be ridiculously strict sometimes." Melissa seemed a little uncomfortable talking about that, before she glanced to where Yumi had just shouted out, frowning slightly as the sister muttered something about a bug. "Umm...what did you just say?"

She didn't really give the other girl a chance to explain, moving to investigate the dumpsters herself as she left Amane to comfort Yumi. She couldn't really help it. Her curiosity got the best of her. "Umm...hello?"

A silence seemed to befell the neighborhood as the Dumpster briefly shook for a moment. A few seconds later the lid was flipped open, and from the dumpster emerged something unbelievable.

A praying mantis.

A giant praying mantis.

One could see that the massive insect must of measured at least seven feet in height as he surfaced from within the dumpster, his back facing the 3 girls. It looked to the left. Then to the right. It then turned it's head a whole 180 degrees. Finally laying eyes on the people who awoke it from it's sleep, it gasped. "Oh wow! Humans! My first interaction with actual humans!" it exclaimed.

It talked.

It turned around and climbed out of the dumpster, approaching the three girls. Looming over them, it spoke again. "Hello humans, what are your names? My name is Squishy"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom