Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Every saint has a past, and every sinner a future

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCorsair

Fruit Bat Vampire
Hello. I'm the Corsair, and this is my roleplay request thread. But I'm sure you already knew that. So, shall we move on?

First, allow me to say two words about myself. I'm a man, and I've been engaging in Forum RP for several years. I'm literate, enjoy intricate plots and shared world-building, and I love dialogue. I believe that plot should serve the characters, not characters the plot. After all, a strong and well-developed character will take on something of a life of his (or her) own. This is my first foray into "Adult RP".

As far as putting the "adult" in Adult RP, is concerned, I generally enjoy happy and affectionate heterosexual sex. Kissing, hugging, groping, licking and nibbling, and some light dominance and bondage all have a big "yes" in my book. Sex is best when it's hot, sweaty fun that leaves everyone too exhausted to move. That said, I can step outside my preference zone for a bit when writing. Particularly when the plot supports it.

Also, you may notice from my threads, that I like strong women. I guess I'm a "switch". I think. I can be more dominant or more submissive in any given scenario, mostly as mood strikes. But I like playing strong-willed men against equally strong-willed women.

I'm not interested in mindless sex, though. Nor am I interested in scat and similar activities, or in incest. In many ways, I'm pretty vanilla(1).

What genres am I interested in? All of them. Steampunk detectives, Lovecraftian horror, science fiction, and fantasy or urban fantasy top the list.

Plot Seeds:

1. Mississippi Queen of the Damned (Steampunk/Paranormal/Horror)
  • The Plot: The War Between the States has yet to end. It just sort of ground to a halt after the dead returned. Suddenly, both the USA and the CSA had to concentrate on the greater problem of flesh-eating ghouls - some of whom are smart - besieging their cities and threatening to destroy their nations. Twenty years later, the regions between the Atlantic and Appalachians are (mostly) secure. The railroads still connect the coasts, and serve as the life's blood that sustains the fortified cities and towns of the interior. But between the mountains, outside those fortresses, the dead rule. Recently, their attacks have become more organized, more effective, and more deadly. Marie Laveau, the undying Queen of New Orleans, has taken credit and promises more. The two nations, once united, must now put aside their differences and fight a common foe.
  • The Twists: What, beyond alternative history horror and steampunk clockworks devices? Magic's utterly on the table, and so is psychic powers. Because why not?
  • The Characters: One is a Union agent, a member of the Secret Service or a Pinkerton Detective. The other is a Confederate agent in a similar role. Both are the best their respective nations have to offer.
  • TL,DR: It's James Bond meets World War Z by way of Wild Wild West (James Garner or Will Smith version, take you pick).

2. Two Points of View (Star Wars)
  • The Plot: It is the waning years of the Galactic Republic. The Jedi Knights are hunting one of their own, a fallen Jedi who sews chaos and corruption through the systems he visits. Lives are ruined, governments destabilized, and delicate political alliances destroyed. One Jedi in particular has hunted him for decades, Knight and Master, getting to know him better than anyone else in the universe, believing that there is still some good to be found in him. Each has had opportunity to end the hunt multiple times over the years, but each has found some excuse to not strike the final blow. But how long can their protracted game of cat and mouse continue?
  • The Twists: The fallen Jedi is, of course, a Sith. But not precisely the "Darth Babyeatus" school of Sith. He is a principled anarchist, striking against the institutions put in place to enslave the populace. Also, both the Sith and the Jedi know each other so well that the very idea of a galaxy without their counterpart is... unsettling. Also, this is Star Wars. Some external threat that forces them to ally would be good.
  • The Characters: I'd be playing the Sith. You'd be playing the Jedi. Be prepared to debate philosophy, and flirt over lightsabers.
  • TL,DR: It's Star Wars meets The Usual Suspects, with a shot of either Romeo and Juliet or Taming of the Shrew.

3. A Princess of Mars. Or the Earth's Core.
  • The Plot: Open to development. This would be a reimagining of Edgar Rice Burrough's A Princess of Mars, or at least set on Barsoom. Strange lost civilizations, action and adventure, and romance (and sex) on a world of drop-dead gorgeous women and stunningly handsome men with a dress code that amounts to "belts".
  • The Twist: I dunno. We can figure that out.
  • The Characters: A noble of Barsoom. A person from Jasoom.
  • TL,DR: It's Edgar Rice Burroughs with a hard R rating.
  • Note: Prefer Pellucidar to Barsoom? I'm also up for that.

Fandom Favorites

Doctor Who (OCs or canons, classic or new series. I'm not picky here.)
Elfquest (Another OC or canon category, as far as I'm concerned...)
Primeval (I would adore an RP with Connor Temple and Abby Maitland)
Robotech (OCs set during the Macross Saga or Invid Invasion)

And I'm always up for ideas. I'd prefer RP on the forum and plotting by PM, so drop me a line.

(1) Of course, vanilla is a product of the vanilla orchid, which grew from the blood of a murdered goddess and her mortal lover. It was used by the Totonacs to pay tribute to the Aztecs. "Vanilla" does not, I assure you, logically equal "boring".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom