Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Gambling Debts [Eclipse Jalorda, Darkest_Fate]

There were many situations in which something unexpected happened. Most times, these were horrible situations and you never wanted them to happen. You moped over their existence and mourned the happiness you had before they came to destroy your life. But, once, once in a very, very rare while. Something wonderful happened. It was unexpected but it was the greatest thing to ever happen. These things never happened to her. But just this once, they did. She'd won a bet, at a narrow margin, and had very much expected to find herself at a great loss. Her friend, a bright, happy, popular girl, had decided to make a bet to see who's group project could get a better grade. The loser would be the servant of the winner for a month. Her team was the usual group of incompetents, but somehow they banded together in all of their adequacy and managed to blow the the teacher away with their multimedia presentation. She'd made it out with an A, but more importantly, her friend, made it out with an A-. The other girl seemed perfectly pleased about it, as though it was just the funniest thing, and promised to be by her dorm room promptly at 9 in the morning on the first day of the month. And that's how she found herself waiting, nervous, excited, frightened. How was she going to survive this month.

She leaned against the tiny sink in her tiny bathroom, glancing into the mirror at her face, nervousness etched deeply into every little crevice. She was a tall young woman, soft with slight curves. Her skin was tan, bordering on the pale side, from hours spent indoors. Only recently had the sun been eating back into her skin, from the time she spent watching her new, aide, out in the courtyard. Dark black hair fell in loose curls from a clip that pinned the bulk to the back of her head, several chunks slipping free and framing her circular face. Her large eyes roamed over her face, pale blue checking for even the slightest trace of imperfection, of a smudge of eyeliner or a patch of stainless lip. She looked fine, save for the anxiety that refused to leave her face. Her eyes closed, and she took a long, deep breath. It wasn't simply that her friend was going to obey her for a month. Although that alone was, unnerving. It was more the secret that weighed on her shoulders for the entire school year, and perhaps longer than that. She had a painful, desperate crush on the girl. But the outgoing girl was obviously the straightest straight to ever straight, and it was a lost cause. But now she was going to have her in her room, her personal space, at all times, for a month.

"It'll be okay Genevieve. You got this." She muttered into the mirror. Genevieve spun on her heel, looking down to check on her outfit. A dark black skirt, brushing against her knees, which are covered by soft white stockings that creep up her legs and rest on her thighs. She wore a simple black tank top, silvery lace circling the neck and hemlines. It was a cute outfit, but, would it impress her friend. No, no, she didn't have to think about that. Genevieve slid shaking feet into silver ballet flats, standing in the middle of the room, glancing around. The first thing she'd have her do was tidy her dorm room. It was only Genevieve in there, but she'd manage to make a right mess of it regardless. And she'd just watch, and maybe she'd request a hug, or, or just, just have her sit next to her for a while. Yes, baby steps. She didn't know what she would do if she asked her friend to kiss her and actually got a yes. It'd probably freak her out and Genevieve would go running from her own room. She perched on her desk chair, waiting for the knock at her door. "This'll be good, this'll be fine, nothing will go wrong."

The whole thing was stupid. Berry really should have known better than to bet against Genny. Berry really should have known better than to go out drinking the night before the big presentation that they'd gambled about. Sure, the Kappas had asked her, but Berry had been all like "nah, I'm not joining if Genny can't" and they'd been all cool with that. Didn't stop them from inviting Berry to everything. Actually, she got invited to, like, everything in a broader since. Really, she'd been lucky to pull the A-, lucky enough that she'd actually been happy, even when Genny had reminded her of the bet. What did Berry have to worry about? They'd been friends since, like, kindergarten. Plus Berry had been, like, totally protecting and hanging with Genny, even if it was a bit of a blow. Most people didn't "get" their friendship, so Berry just said "fuck you" to most people.

Nine was super early though, especially for Berry. She'd actually turned down an invite by the Betas to go out the night before, making up an excuse. A few had snorted, and Berry thought she heard someone mention a "date with her girlfriend," whatever that meant. It did mean that Berry was at least a little more bright eyed and bushy tailed that morning. Her flame red hair, that color that bordered on orange, usually had a nice flow to it, ending in these cute little curls that were downright anime sometimes. Early mornings did not treat Berry's hair well though: it stuck out at odd angles and one of the girls would have attacked her freckled face. Thankfully, God had invented ponytails for just such an occasion, even if it did nearly look like Berry had some kind of bunny tail sticking out of the back of her head. She yawned as she hurried toward Genny's dorm. Sucked that they hadn't managed to get a dorm together. Berry had tried, but her parents had intervened on that one. "You spend enough time with Genevieve, Berry, you need to make more---well, you need to spend more time with other people."

Yeah, cuz Berry definitely didn't need more friends. They'd been at college for, like, two months and it was harder to find someone who didn't know and like Berry than someone who did. Probably helped that she was good-lucking. Not so much sexy; Berry was petite in all the ways that mattered. She was one of the shortest girls at the school, and her body matched it all too well. Constant partying and a decent love-life left her pretty thin, eating away at her tendency to drink a fair amount and gorge on any chocolates that got in her way. Her button nose only enhanced the whole "cute as a button thing" and the sheer mass of freckles that dotted her body didn't help. Berry McIntire looked every bit as Irish as that last name sounded.

Berry looked up at at the numbers of the dorm rooms, squinting. She ended up sighing and dropping her glasses over her pretty, bright green eyes. Usually Berry had contacts, though she often forgot to prepare them. Since this was so early, and since Berry was seeing a friend instead of heading for a hot date with a total stud (which reminded her, she'd probably have to cancel with Niles this weekend), she didn't bother with fiddling with her eyes. Besides, Berry made the glasses thing look adorable. She also made the long denim skirt and the loose, overlong baby tee that hid her slim, freckled form as well as proclaiming her love for Imagine Dragons. Yep, definitely passed Genny's room.

Still yawning, Berry pulled a one-eight and headed down to the right room. There would be no knocking, no signal at all. Berry just burst into the room, practically beaming like a ray of sunshine. "Hiya Genny! Sorry I was so late, but I totally like, missed your room. Just walked right past it! But it's cool! I didn't even go out drinking last night! The Betas totally invited me and---wow," Berry had finally stopped talking long enough to look at her friend. Those green eyes went wide and Berry adjusted her glasses, crinkling her nose. "You look super cute! Oh, oh, is that my first job? Am I supposed to get you a date or something? There's this really cute guy in our History class, uhhhh, I think he's name's Henry, but he totally checks out your butt like every time we get into class. His eyes just zoom right to it. Like, zoom," Berry drew a line from her eyes to her friend's rear and then forced that beaming smile onto her.

Genevieve should've been mentally preparing for the energy storm that was about to burst into her dormroom. She'd expected Berry to be more, quiet, in the morning. At least groggy, or carrying a cup of coffee to nurse until she was back in the waking world. But she was wrong. She was horrifyingly wrong. Berry burst into her room with all the energy of the energizer buddy after a night of mainlining god knows what it but it made the world technicolor. The words poured out of her mouth at a rate that would turn the Niagra Falls green from jealousy, the pool of information she was drowning Genevieve in would become the new 7th wonder of the world. It was only when Berry broke her sentence to stare at Genevieve's outfit that she was able to enjoy a brief reprieve. She looked at her friend, eyes settling on the glasses that emphasized her glorious emerald eyes.

Genevieve loved Berry's glasses. They just, made her more adorable than she normally was. Brought her entire cute package together and tied it with an adora-bow. Although the cuteness was instantly broken with The continuation of Berry's early morning data stream. It was a little uncomfortable, that someone she knew so long hadn't the slightest idea that Genevieve was the lesbianist lesbian to ever lesbian. It wasn't, obvious. Genevieve never flirted with anyone in front of Berry, and the one girlfriend she'd had before never met her lifelong best friend. It wasn't as though she didn't trust Berry, but. If Berry knew Genevieve was a lesbian, then, it would just be to difficult to continue their friendship. It risked Berry seeing all the little friendship things as, subtle flickers of affection that went deeper than a friendship could. She shuffled nervously, picking at the hem of her tank top and looking anywhere but her too-happy-too-early friend. Berry had a lovely voice though. Genevieve could listen to it all day, when it wasn't trying to pair her up with a guy fro her history class who apparently spent too much time staring at her behind.

"It's alright that you're la-Um… No, that's. that's not, no. Although I need to talk to Henry now about appropriate places for his eyes to be when I walk past." Which was, frankly, anywhere but her ass. "No, I've been too busy to clean my room properly. So that is your first job. I've got cleaning supplies in that cupboard there, and gloves, if you want them. The only thing I don't want you doing is my laundry, I can handle that." Laundry was a little too intimate, the last thing she wanted to have was a conversation about why she had so many pairs of silky underwear. The answer was that they were comfortable but half of them having decoration of some kind sort of crashed that explanation.

Genevieve scooted to her desk, perching on her chair and opening one of her class-novels. "Well? A bet is a bet, hop to." She said quietly, faking a serious air. She wouldn't normally have enforced it at all but… well maybe she was slipping just a bit. Maybe, after a semester without her friend constantly glued to her side, she wanted her close constantly once more. Perhaps she was kidding herself, that it was becoming steadily impossible to continue their friendship whether or not Berry knew her orientation. She sighed. Perhaps this month was more of a test for her than it was a prize. Or maybe she'd just, be the one doing the testing. Look for exactly where the lines were drawn, and if, if she could bear to overstep them.

Genevieve crossed her leg over her knee, burying herself in her book. At least, as much as she could. She watched Berry out of the corner of her eye, in quick, slight glances. She'd never pegged Berry for the cleanliest of people, but, it wasn't as though her room was that serious. She'd seen some real disaster's while walking through the dorm. Berry should be pleased that Genevieve didn't leave everything scattered wherever it landed. As it was, her room had only went a week or so without a real good cleaning. "Don’t forget the restroom too." She remarked as she flipped a page, staring in confusion and flipping it back. She was supposed to find a usable essay quote in every chapter but that chapter was far too short. There wasn't anything that she could use fo- no wait that would work. She reached for a highlighter, losing her tab on Berry.

If Berry was disappointed that Genny had brushed aside her offer to help get her a date, the little redhead didn't show it. Actually, it was hardly surprising. Genny never seemed to want Berry to set her up on any dates, and boy, did Berry try. Most of the boys she managed to wrangle for her friend were even cute, but Genny seemed decidedly uninterested. Maybe she dug older men, there were a few cute professors...

But, alas, Berry would not be allowed to think on cute professors. For her friend had already gotten to the not so fun part of the date. Berry wrinkled her nose as her friend explained. "Seriously? You're, like, making me your maid?" she giggled as a thought came to her head, and, being Berry, she had to share: "What's next? You gonna make me dress up in a frilly French maid outfit? I know this one girl who totally has one. It's kinda sexy though," Berry twisted her mouth to the side, moving it back in forth in a manner that looked almost like a rabbit.

Which made the hop to it comment all the more accurate. Berry saluted and then headed straight for the gloves, pulling the long things over her fingers. She hesitated for a moment, looking down at her clothes. Sure, they were just what she'd thrown on that morning, but they were just a little too nice to be worn when doing grunge work. The redhead looked about the room, her eyes falling on the aforementioned laundry.

"Hey, like, do you have something I could wear?" she asked, turning to look at Genny. "I know I should have worn my own stuff, but I had kinda thought you were maybe joking about the whole being your personal slave thing. Or that maybe you'd, like, have me do your homework or something." Which would be stupid, and both girls knew it. Berry might not be quite as dim as her constantly moving mouth may suggest, but Genny had nearly always beaten her when it came to the grades. Berry wouldn't have even made the bet if it hadn't been a presentation. That was usually the redhead's strength. It was also why they usually worked together: Berry did the talking, Genny told her what to say, and it worked.

Now the little redhead was moving to where she knew Genny stored her clothes. "I know all your stuff's big for me, though I bet I totally have a bra in here somewhere. Got anything that's covered in smilie faces and about a size too small?"

Genevieve quickly turned around to shove her hand in her desk, looking for nothing in particular but certainly pretending. She did not need the mental image of Berry in a maid outfit. Well, it wasn't, a bad image, but it wasn't an image that she needed right then. Not when Berry was supposed to be running around her room. She composed herself as she held a handful of various pens and markers, releasing them when she was certain that she wasn't bright red.

"Yes, I am making you my maid, no, I am not demanding a uniform." She highlighted her quote and turned the page. "For now." It was partially a joke. And also partially completely serious. She knew exactly the girl who had it though. Knew her very well. Knew her very well, out of the outfit as well. It was tons of fun, but also fun that she wasn't really going to let Berry in on. Unless Berry was in it. But, no, no. Berry was the straight one. As evidenced by her boyfriends and her frequent attempts to secure Genevieve a matching boyfriend all her own.

She watched Berry pull the gloves on, tilting her head as her friend began to look around the room as though she was searching for something. Genevieve followed her eyes back to her laundry hamper and then stared at her, wondering exactly what her friend was thinking. She raised her eyebrow and chuckled, shaking her head. She wasn't too surprised, she wouldn't have worn her nice clothes for a good room cleaning either.

"Yes, people keep mixing their clothes with mine and now I have a collection of mystery clothing." That was a lie, but while she hadn't had many girlfriends, she wasn't, exactly, having a dry spell. Just, a romantic dry spell. Because of a crush. On her best friend. Genevieve's emotions were not as smart as she was. Sometimes she did wear the clothing her, acquaintances, left behind, if she attempted to wear Berry's bra she'd suffocate. Unless she wore it over one boob. But that was ridiculous. She walked to her tiny closet and pulled out the plastic storage container, opening it and motioning for Berry to grab what she wanted. Sometimes women came back for their clothes, but rarely. She never went back for her missing articles either. Except her one pair of jeans that fit her perfectly. She wasn't sure why the two had swapped outfits but she had to get those jeans back. The girl was happy to get her blue dress back too. Actually, now that Genevieve was thinking about it, that was french maid outfit girl, wasn't it. Huh, small world.

Doubtless, if Berry could read minds, she'd be in a fit of giggles about now, mostly over the French maid outfit, but also likely over the whole mass of coincidences. As established, Berry wasn't stupid; she just didn't want to think in certain ways. So what if her friend had a surprisingly large collection of clothing that didn't fit her yet was obviously made for women? Wasn't like Berry hadn't left stuff laying around from time to time. She probably had a shirt of Genny's back at her dorm (they were awesome to sleep in; Genny was just so freakin' tall!).

Still, as she burrowed, Berry did note the rather large amount of undergarments. Seemed a bit odd that so many girls would be forgetting bras and panties, and the thong collection here was starting to get downright embarrassing, but hey, it was college: Berry wore a thong, like, every Thursday. She definitely wore one every night she thought she was gonna get lucky, which happened far, far less often than you thought. Berry just wasn't a fan of sex. It was a lot of stabbing, sweating, and it generally hurt. The fact that most guys were about double Berry's size didn't help.

"Oh, these will totes work!" said Berry, digging out a pair of gray sweats. She stood quickly, hopping out of her tennis shoes with perhaps too much energy. Soon her skirt was off and not soon after that, she was shimmying the garment to the floor. Should Genny be looking, she'd get a nice view of Berry's pantie clad rear dancing back and forth. It was suitably tiny, and garbed in a ridiculous pair of girly panties: brilliant pink with the face of a smiling cartoon kitten emblazoned right on the butt.

"These are prolly too big," said Berry, stepping into the pants anyway. "Do you know I can, like, still fit girl sizes? I mean, they're kinda snuggly, and they never have enough boob space, even for my tiny ones, but they totally fit!" Though now, Berry was wiggling into a pair of sweats that were perhaps a half a size too big. They would work for her cleaning job, of course, but the picture now was almost ridiculous.

Letting Berry dig through her container of shame was probably not the best idea she ever had. She needed to go pray to every deity that has ever existed in all of man kind and thank them that she was not questioned once about the plethora of various embarrassing articles of clothing ladies had left in Genevieve's care. She probably needed to get rid of them. Just, leave the container out with a 'free clothes' sign in the common area. Although then she'd need to restart her collection and it was easy to hand it out to whoever knocked on her door asking if she had specific clothing. It was just awkward that Berry was digging through it.

At least she just thought it was bits and pieces from the laundry room that got caught up in Genevieve's laundry. Genevieve wasn't, excessive, but there was a point where you had to look at the storage container full of other people's clothing and accept in your soul that you had a good amount of sex. She enjoyed it, the network of ladies that quietly enjoyed other ladies. Well, not, quietly, very few were, literally quiet. It was just that none of them were ever seen together, they didn't hang out. Most of her friends were off the 'let's have sex list'. If she wanted to have a fun time, she knew here to look, and others knew where to find her, and it was all very, underground.

Her eyebrows raised when she realized that Berry just flung her skirt off right there in the room. She tried to glance away, but it was hard to avoid anyone dancing around in panties, forget the person you're regrettably attracted to. Although it was less arousing and more hilarious. It was like Berry's ass was a child's cartoon. Genevieve turned away, laughing quietly to herself, covering her mouth with her hand. She took a deep breath and turned back to her friend, relieved that the sweats were now suitably where they should be.

"I'm not surprised, you're awfully tiny." It explained where she got the cartoon kitty panties, at any rate. "Well, now you're suitably dressed, so have at it." She teasingly smiled, returning to her homework. This book was awful and every quote was barely stretchable to fit her essay.

Berry kept fiddling with the sweats. They definitely were just a little too big, but she thought they'd stay more or less. Just so long as Berry didn't go around dancing. Heck, she bet that if she asked Genny, the other girl would totally let her just do the work in her underwear. That would just feel weird though, better to do it this way.

It really did look like she'd have to. Berry sighed and rolled her eyes at Genny's insistence. She wasn't sure which she'd rather do: the essay that Genny was clearly slogging through or the room. Not like she had a choice; slaves didn't really get to pick their job. So Berry grudgingly went to work. First things first, she needed to get everything into its place, all nice and tidy. She moved about, picking up things and straightening.

To Berry's credit, she managed to remain quiet for a whole minute or so. Really, she got that Genny wanted to read and that Berry was supposed to be all worker-bee and junk, but not talking just didn't work out for Berry. There was a reason that the redhead was banned from three of the library's four floors. "So, like, is that the assignment for that one lit course I totally told you was a waste of time?" she asked, looking over. She didn't stop cleaning. In fact, she purposefully moved over so that she was scrubbing at something next to Genny's bed. Berry was pretty sure it was some kind of night-stand, but the names of stuff never really clicked with her.

"It looks totally boring," she said, stretching to try and look at the cover and get a good look, her curiosity getting the better of her.

Genevieve sighed. It was one of those books that flashed between good and bad, and you wanted to put it down, but sometimes it was good and you wanted to be there for the good parts, but do you really want to have to sit down and slog through the awful parts in order to finally get to that one good spark. At least she was getting class credit for this.

Plus, she was getting rid of two things she didn't want to do at once. Well, she had to do one of them, but it was actually sort of a relief not to have to clean up her own room. Maybe later she'd sit down and write out every little errand she needed to do but didn't really have the time to do. How much easier would it make her life if she could have a month of not running around to make sure that everything was in order. It was a blissful daydream.

Berry's voice broke through it, but Genevieve really shouldn't be day dreaming anyway. She shrugged, turning the page. "The class itself is generally pleasant, it's just this particular book that's the problem. Besides, it's required for my major." She replied. "It is boring though." Genevieve sighed, marking her page and placing it on her desk. She rested her hands in her lap, staring up at the ceiling. She wasn't aware of any other homework she still had to do. Just reading and marking out the book so she'd be ready to start working on the essay. A break wouldn't hurt her any, but what for her to do? She tilted her head, the smell of the disinfectant floating through the air.

"Is your class any better though?" Genevieve asked, raising an eyebrow. Making light conversation would do until something else struck her fancy.

Berry paid particular attention to the night stand. She thought she saw a smear of lipstick on the side that was being particularly difficult. Thankfully the girl was small enough to wiggle her way to it and give it a good scrubbing. Genny probably couldn't get decent leverage, not back here. It was weird though, something about the stand felt a little off. Berry didn't want to go poking around too much though.

The conversation changed, or at least altered enough to give Berry an opening. The redhead turned to beam up at her friend. "Oh, they're going just awesome! Sure, math still kinda sucks, and there's this whole thing with the history prof that's kinda shaky, but the rest are totally bitchin'! I got this really hot professor for philosophy. He's all making us think about really deep stuff and he encourages us to just sort of write what we think and all. He told me that I embody this whole live in the moment kind of thing that was really big for some Ancient Greek guys or something. Isn't that cool?"

Berry tried to move out from around the night stand but found that she had gotten stuck. She giggled at the sight of her arm still extended out, then twisted, pulling and wiggling. After a few seconds, she managed to work her way free. Which left her the time and chance to go wandering, seeking out another mess. Berry's energy was proving to be pretty efficient at this whole thing, though at the same time, it was starting to flag.

"So, uh, I, like, had a couple of cups of coffee and stuff," she admitted, looking over at Genny, "but I didn't grab anything to eat. You want me to go grab some muffins or something? Oh! I think the commissary has these blueberry ones that are totally awesome! You know the ones, they put this sugary stuff on the top of them," Berry pantomimed it, not that Genny likely didn't know exactly what she was talking about. as was to be expected, about half of Berry's diet seemed to consist of various sweets. If she didn't counterbalance that with a plethora of salads and fruits, she'd likely be large enough to be heard coming.

Though given her verbal diarrhea, that wasn't much of an issue anyway.

Genevieve watched Berry out of the corner of her eye, a small frown curving on her lips. Her friend was, a little too interested in it. It contained, well, what you'd expect the nightstand of a well sexed lesbian to have. The drawers were all locked, she wasn't just going to leave it to chance that Berry wouldn't try to open the drawers, and she didn't want to have to explain why she had a drawer full of protection and lubricants alone. Forget the other drawers.

That didn't mean she was entirely comfortable with Berry's interest in it. She hoped that whatever had caught her attention was just some, paint smear or something. Not a, questionable rattle or, the heaviness of the nightstand. Well, it was a well made night stand but...Still, she was relieved that she managed to coax her into a conversation. "Our history professor is the single skeeviest man in the history of skeevy men." Most men were skeevy to Genevieve, but he took the cake. It was uncomfortable, she hated that class. "Yeah, I can see where he's coming from. You are a 'here and now' kind of person." Too bad that Genevieve was a 'think over every little detail until you're a nervous wreck' kind of person. If she lived in the moment, she might actually ask Berry out.

"Are you… alright." She muttered, watching her friend fight the nightstand to keep her arm. It was, both comical and worrying. Genevieve got up to just move the nightstand, but Berry managed to save herself. It was the stuff of legends. They would sing of her victory. She sighed softly, returning to her chair, listening to her stomach wake up.

"Yeah, that sounds pretty good. Could you bring me back a tea too?" Genevieve paused, leaning back in her chair. "Hmmmm… any tea I guess. Thank you." She turned to get her purse, then paused and grinned, a surprisingly impish expression for her normally calm and reserved features. "Slave for a month has to pay though." She would probably pay her back after the month was done, taking her out for breakfast in turn, but it was fun to tease for the time being.

"Call me if you have any trouble though and I'll run down."

Berry didn't quite get the skeevy vibe from the professor. She was half tempted to say as much to her friend, especially because last she checked, pretty well every guy came off a little skeevy to Genny. Not that Berry could really blame her; the statement rang far too true, especially when it came to college boys. Nearly every guy that Berry met took advantage of her shortness to try and look down her blouse (not that she had much there to see) or to stare at her perky rear. If they weren't doing that, then they were tying to take subtle looks at her legs. Berry would be more upset if she didn't often love the attention and dress for it. Yeah, she'd dressed slightly down for coming over here, but normal Berry didn't mind showing off some skin or some other part of her petite little body.

"Awesomesauce! Wait, did you say tea? What are you, British? Did you stay up watching the Harry Potter movies again?" Berry would have prattled more, but she'd paused while Genny moved to dig through her purse. The redhead stood up on her toes, trying to get a look to see what her friend was digging out. Then Genny turned and made her announcement.

Berry groaned. "Oh, c'mon! Slaves don't have money, remember? It's all like, 'mistress be payin' me fir mah food," the accent was horrible, borderline racist, and it had Berry giggling, covering her mouth as though she could shove the words back in. She walked over to where she'd dropped her skirt, picking it up and fishing out some bills. She had a few that she'd tucked away in there, nothing much, but it should cover tea and a few muffins. Berry held the skirt for a moment, wondering if she should change into it before heading out into the unknown.

She opted to, dropping the sweatpants with remarkable easy. Wiggling into the skirt took a little more, but soon Berry was ready to go. She righted her glasses, repeated the order, and took off. Her energy carried her bolting through the dorm, nearly plowing into a few people as she went. She'd barely rounded the corner when she recognized a girl that she could have sworn she'd seen around Genny before. Berry dismissed the thought and simply barreled on. Wouldn't be long till she'd have the various goodies in a bag and the tea and a cappucino in a tray (she hadn't even needed her money; she just charged it to her account. The guy working the counter had dated her once, so he was totally willing to help). With tray in hand, Berry slowed only a bit, and she'd be back to Genny in no time.

It didn't even occur to her till she got close that she should probably have taken as much time as possible. Genny was probably gonna have Berry read that stupid book next. Not that Berry technically minded reading, but she was totally convinced it was what had made her need glasses, so... yeah...

Genevieve rolled her eyes. Coffee made her, aggressive. Great for a night of partying at someone's house thirty minutes away from campus when she needed to be both awake and ready to engage in group activities but not when she was just trying to study. Tea, however, was warm and delicious and black tea had enough caffeine to keep her going. She didn't need the caffeine, not at the moment, but it would be useful when the afternoon hit and the scant amounts of energy her body generated while she slept depleted completely. She should've asked Berry to get her a few energy drinks too, She only had, maybe one left in her mini-fridge.

She ignored Berry for a moment, sifting through the stack of papers on her desk to find the assignment print out. Her eyes flicked over when she saw brightly colored moments, noticing just in time to watch Berry change again. Genevieve snapped her attention back to the stack, trying to fight the blush that wanted to take over her face. She didn't relax until Berry was gone and she was free to just let herself blush and mope over her unobtainable friend and the nonsense she decided to put herself through. She was only stopped from her self-pity party by a knock at her door.

Esperanza, a cute olive toned girl she hung out with once in a while, stood leaning against the door frame, a coy smile on her face. Genevieve raised her eyebrows, crossing her arms. "Can I help you?" Her visitor chuckled, leaning in as though they were about to plan a bank robbery.

"How are things with your girlfriend?"

"what. I don't have a girlfriend. Literally everyone knows I'm single. Everyone."

Esperanza playfully pushed on Genevieve's shoulder. "Don't lie to me, there's that one girl. That cute little blonde you hang out with, the real short one. She's half your height?" Berry. Genevieve sighed, rubbing her temples. "Berry is not my girlfriend. She's straight. Trust me on this Esperanza I've known the girl since we were in Elementary school. She's not even the sort of straight that would fool around with a girl for kicks."

"Oh. Really? Man I always thought you two were a couple. I mean, a really open couple but still a couple. Sorry. Well are you looking for a girlfriend 'cause I can hook you up." Her eyebrows wriggled and she had a look in her eyes that convinced Genevieve she wasn't joking. "I know but no I'm not really looking for a girlfriend. Thanks."

"Are you sure? I'm sure you'd, get along." Esperanza teased. Genevieve raised her eyebrow, grinning a rare grin, eyes sparking with a playfulness she saved only for her nighttime visitors.

"Oh would we? Are you sure we wouldn't clash?" Her voice dipped low and soft, keeping the conversation between them. Esperanza giggled. "I think you'd clash a lot. But wouldn't you like the challenge?"

"Maybe I would." A flash of blonde drew her attention, and Genevieve turned to notice Berry coming down the hall. "But not today. Berry's hanging out and I've got an essay." Esperanza shrugged, tossing her a wink. "Well alright then, I'll give you a call."

Genevieve shook her head, returning to her desk, the door wide open. Berry could close it when she came back in.

Berry thought she saw this one hot girl leaving as she approached, some Latina or something. Berry immediately started racking her brain for a name, just knowing that it had to be bouncing around in there somewhere. La Cucaracha? No, that felt racist. Chimichanga? That was not better. It definitely had a sort of "anza" at the end and sounded totally Latin.

Berry was still wrapped up in the name of the visitor when she slid past the open door. A loose strand of the orange-y colored hair bounded into her face and she started blowing it, not really thinking about it. After a bit she just gave up; her glasses stopped it from hitting her eyes and she really didn't need to see that great, not in Genny's mostly clean room. Berry just stuck out a foot and did a little hopping thing to get the door closed. She felt the tray wobble for a bit, but she stuck her neck out and caught her coffee with her chin, keeping it all perfectly still.

"Ta da!" she said as she finally got it in, brandishing the tray. "Muffin tray! That's right, you totally get to sample my muffins!" Berry giggled, though she wasn't completely certain what the joke was about. She started walking, slowly making her way across the room. "Say, there was totally this girl who was, like, just in here. She looked sort of Latin or something, you know, tanned skin and all that junk. I like totally know her name but I just can't remember it. I kept thinking Chimichanga, but that's totally not it."

Berry paused when she got close to the bed, both in talking and in moving. she frowned down at the tray, raising it a bit to get a good look. She couldn't remember now whose was what. Shrugging, she raised one cup to her mouth and took a sip. The bitter taste made her pull a face, her nose scrunching up and her head shaking. "Bleh, yeah, that's your tea. So gross," she extended the tray to her friend, tea first, and then bowed slightly, a few of those loose orange-ish strands wiggling free of the horrible ponytail, "your tea, my master, oh, oops, it should totally be mistress, right? My mistress," which of course made Berry giggle again. It just sounded.... dirty, or something.

Genevieve glanced up as Berry walked in, mid-battle against a bit of hair that decided to drop itself right into her line of sight. Esperanza might've been talking about someone else, up close Berry's hair was more ginger than blonde. But there wasn't anyone else drastically shorter than her with light colored hair of any shade. Either way, the facts remained the same.

She watched her friend quietly, admiring how she could still look cute even when she was struggling not to drop everything. Genevieve would just end up looking like a dork. Although it could be said that Genevieve's observations were colored by personal opinion. She doubted that she could truly see her friend as anything besides adorable. Annoying, perhaps, but, even when Berry was getting on her nerves, she was the most adorable thing on campus. Genevieve sighed and glanced away, gazing out her little dorm window. The curtains looked, a little, drab.

Genevieve nervously chuckled. That wasn't, inappropriate at all. It just, sort of seemed a little inappropriate? She was uncomfortable. At least there was food now, so a conversation wasn't entirely necessary. Or was it. She didn't know. Everything was confusing and she was getting fairly tired of being in that tiny room. Maybe she would move them both elsewhere. Not sure where though. A park? She glanced up at Berry, raising her eyebrow with a disapproving expression marring her face. "Her name is Esperanza. She was in our math class last semester?"

She rolled her eyes, taking the tea from Berry. If she planned on making Berry call her mistress it wouldn't be in this situation. Genevieve sighed, taking a long sip of the tea. It was pretty good for something bought on campus. The best tea place was five minutes away, this tiny tea shop that also, for some reason, sold handmade purses. No one questioned it. She grabbed a muffin, placing her tea on her desk, taking pinches of the muffin and popping it into her mouth. They were pretty good. Berry was right. "Thanks for breakfast, Berry."

"Esperanza!" repeated Berry, dragging the name out and rolling her tongue over all the syllables. She ended up giggling a little at the end, but quickly tried to cover it with a sip from her drink. This nearly made spitting coffee everywhere, but Berry had skills when it came to eating and drinking while giggling. It was just something that she did with shocking regularity.

"Math class..." Berry crinkled her nose and tried to remember, "I think I blocked that one out..." Which wouldn't be the first time. Berry's memory had these selective holes in it, usually punched out by her various activities and energies. She shrugged and took another gulp of her coffee. It turned out to be too much of a gulp and she was soon waving her hand at her throat. Soon after that, she'd shoved most of a muffin into her mouth, figuring that maybe if she got some food in there, it would help smother the blazing heat. It sort of worked, but now Berry had a mouth filled of muffin.

"You're welcome," Berry tried to say in response. Of course, she had the previously mentioned mouthful of muffin filling most of her mouth, so it came out more like "'oar hellcomb," than anything else. She kept chewing for a bit before swallowing a little more than was probably safe. The reason for this soon became apparent. "It's no sweat, mistress," she nearly giggled again at that, "there was this guy, uh, I think it was Phillip, you know, I dated him for like a week back last October or something? But yeah, he was there, and he totally hooked us up. Sometimes it's awesome having your exes all over campus," at least it was for Berry, because nearly all of her breakups were amicable ones. At least a third of her exes wanted to get back together with her, another third had known they didn't have a chance, and the last third were just frustrated.

Berry took another sip of her coffee, finally managing to enjoy the taste. This also meant more caffeine and sugar for little Berry, which was not, perhaps, the wisest decision to make. She lowered it and beamed at Genny. "So, mistress," she bowed a little, her hair bobbing behind her, "what is your next command?"

Genevieve rolled her eyes slightly, relaxing in her chair. Esperanza was a rather pretty name. If she was going to stop being a ridiculous child and pining after Berry, then her friend was probably a good choice. Maybe after this stupid bet was over. Genevieve would have to grow up sometime, but she didn't mind procrastinating it. Plus it was hard to be mature with Berry around.

"I wish I could've blocked it out. Fucking statistics. It isn't even real math." It was, she just hated it. Genevieve would never take that class again no matter what it took. She grumbled into her tea, sipping it as though she was hoping it would wash the taste of the class out of her mouth. She stopped to watch Berry, tilting her head as she watched her battle the hot liquid that she'd singed her esophagus with. "Are you.. Alright there?" She asked slowly, watching Berry try to soothe her aching throat by shoving the bulk of a muffin into her throat.

Content that Berry had recovered, Genevieve resumed eating. Phillip hadn't been that bad, as far as Berry's boyfriends went. Most she didn’t get along with, but a few she considered good friends. One of them was a pansexual who she played weekly games of Team Fortress 2 against. It was fun. She chuckled, tilting her head as she realized something. If you combined all of Berry's ex-boyfriends, and all of Genevieve's acquaintances, the two of them could take over the campus. They'd never have to pay for another thing again. It would be awesome, but also moderately questionable. Probably not something to put on a resume. She polished off her muffin, tossing the wrapper into her little trash can. She stared at the crack on the side, frowning at her choice to get that cheap plastic nonsense. She really needed to replace it.

Genevieve sighed, finishing her tea and grabbing her book. A thought hit her, a thought that she shouldn't go through with… but she was clearly going to go through with it. She grabbed her laptop too, setting it on her nightstand. "Two tasks, the first is that you do my online shopping for me, because I need to replace a bunch of stuff in here, I mean you can see it, these curtains are visibly fraying, and I just don't want to do it, and second is you're going to be my pillow while I finish this book, because those are lumpy." She motioned for Berry to get comfortable so she could lay her head in her friend's lap. Genevieve is going to regret this.

Back
Top Bottom