Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Silly Gothic Name Generator [Get a free mini-myth!]

RE: Silly Gothic Name Generator

If it's not too much trouble (since that is certainly an intriguing legend), I would kindly ask...

FUCK THAT! IMMA BREAK YOUR SPINE IF YOU DON'T WRITE A MYTH SLASH LEGEND ABOUT SCARLET MOTHAF**KIN' GRAVE!

(Hehe, sorry about that...Couldn't resist. But if it's not too much trouble, could you write one for Scarlet Grave?)

Sure, why the hell not. And like Kara.... she tends to go by the above mentioned descriptions. For me, anything referring to or alluding to Elsa (from 'Frozen') would be awesome. Next best, would be Alice (from 'Alice in Wonderland'). This would be rather sweet of you to do indeed. XD

Oh, why did it have to be Dusk Spirit? ><

Why oh why?

I think I might actually already HAVE a myth that would suit that name...

I'll leave it in your hands. Take the one I've got ready to go NOW, or wait until I build one from scratch?

Scarlet Grave shouldn't be too hard, so I can start on that. Besides Raz, your avatar is from Berserk, and your theme song is by Two Steps From Hell. How can I not make a mini-myth for you? :p

Lily Lullaby...that one is going to be hard. No lie. But I'll make it work! I have to make it work! :p

Alvis Alendran said:
Oh, why did it have to be Dusk Spirit? ><

Why oh why?

I think I might actually already HAVE a myth that would suit that name...

I'll leave it in your hands. Take the one I've got ready to go NOW, or wait until I build one from scratch?

I'd like to see both and see which one I like better?

I might like the one from scratch better though. Cause like I said...I'd like something that involved my fiery wrath persona....or my Gruff Valkyrie persona and that name o=

but if it's not too much trouble I would like to see both.

And looks like you're on demand here. Tehe. My wonderful partner Cas and the ever lovely DA both want mini myths. Hehe. Two steps from hell IS awesome....he introduced me to them.

Okay, so, I did one from scratch Kara. I actually tied it in, kind of, to the one I had already, but that one just didn't seem to be the one you' be looking for. So, without further adieu...

Dusk Spirit​

And so we gather once more to hear the tales of long ago. And this night we shall hear of the Spirt of Dusk.

The spirit was gifted with power, and tasked with the guardianship of lands far and wide. She would oversee and guide the peoples, but was never to interfere with their affairs directly. Their lives and fates must be their own to govern. The spirit took well to task, and her lands and people prospered, drawing the eye and envy of many from around them.

And it was this very prosperity and peace that brought about the ruination of all.

From the South came legions of jealous rivals, intent on looting and slaughter. The spirit rallied her people, inspiring the to rise up in defence of their homes, for if they would not fight for their homes, who should be expected to?

And so they rose in a defiant wave, standing before teh oncoming invaders to keep them from what they sought.

They fought valiantly.

They died the same way.

Her people shattered, but not yet lost, the spirit looked on with grief, and raised her hands to smite the attackers, but knew then that should she embark on this path, there would be no going back. She would change, and she could never again regain her form or position. But her people died around her, and she struck her first, and hardest blow.

Fire from teh skies scorched the lands, scouring legions from the earth, and she strode the ground amidst the ashes, a vengeful spirit that took from those who had slain her people, everything. Their lives, even their very souls, denying them rest after their deaths. In a trail behind her, the souls of the fallen followed, raising ghostly arms to war once more, and fell upon their living kinsmen.

Saved from death, her people looked on, but not in awe, but in horror of what their great spirit had become. Though alight with fire, she no longer represented what they had come to worship. She belonged to the night now, to the darkness. And so it did come to pass that the Dusk Spirit did come to pass, and her wrath and hatred was too terrible for any mortal to behold.

But her deeds did not go unnoticed. The Great Powers beyond her, that had set her to task, had noted what she had done, and sent seekers to find her and bring her to stand before them. Knowing that to do so would be her death, and her people would be once again unguarded, she fled them, retreating into the darkest portions of the world, unknowing of the damage she wrought with such an act. For her very power and presence made the Dark grow strong.

It has been three ages of the world, and none have seen nor heard of the Dusk Spirit since. Some believe her long dead, but a spirit such as her knows nothing of the weight of time. Many believe she waits once more, for her people to need her aid again, and she will return in her fire and power to sear the lands of the foe.

So it is we keep our worships of her quiet, lest we rouse her before she is needed. And so it is we pray that we need not summon her once again.

* * * * *​

And let me just say, damn you all, now this is starting to look like it's going to be some kind of inter-connected series of mini-myths... ><

I blame all of you. :)

Alvis Alendran said:
Okay, so, I did one from scratch Kara. I actually tied it in, kind of, to the one I had already, but that one just didn't seem to be the one you' be looking for. So, without further adieu...

Dusk Spirit​

And so we gather once more to hear the tales of long ago. And this night we shall hear of the Spirt of Dusk.

The spirit was gifted with power, and tasked with the guardianship of lands far and wide. She would oversee and guide the peoples, but was never to interfere with their affairs directly. Their lives and fates must be their own to govern. The spirit took well to task, and her lands and people prospered, drawing the eye and envy of many from around them.

And it was this very prosperity and peace that brought about the ruination of all.

From the South came legions of jealous rivals, intent on looting and slaughter. The spirit rallied her people, inspiring the to rise up in defence of their homes, for if they would not fight for their homes, who should be expected to?

And so they rose in a defiant wave, standing before teh oncoming invaders to keep them from what they sought.

They fought valiantly.

They died the same way.

Her people shattered, but not yet lost, the spirit looked on with grief, and raised her hands to smite the attackers, but knew then that should she embark on this path, there would be no going back. She would change, and she could never again regain her form or position. But her people died around her, and she struck her first, and hardest blow.

Fire from teh skies scorched the lands, scouring legions from the earth, and she strode the ground amidst the ashes, a vengeful spirit that took from those who had slain her people, everything. Their lives, even their very souls, denying them rest after their deaths. In a trail behind her, the souls of the fallen followed, raising ghostly arms to war once more, and fell upon their living kinsmen.

Saved from death, her people looked on, but not in awe, but in horror of what their great spirit had become. Though alight with fire, she no longer represented what they had come to worship. She belonged to the night now, to the darkness. And so it did come to pass that the Dusk Spirit did come to pass, and her wrath and hatred was too terrible for any mortal to behold.

But her deeds did not go unnoticed. The Great Powers beyond her, that had set her to task, had noted what she had done, and sent seekers to find her and bring her to stand before them. Knowing that to do so would be her death, and her people would be once again unguarded, she fled them, retreating into the darkest portions of the world, unknowing of the damage she wrought with such an act. For her very power and presence made the Dark grow strong.

It has been three ages of the world, and none have seen nor heard of the Dusk Spirit since. Some believe her long dead, but a spirit such as her knows nothing of the weight of time. Many believe she waits once more, for her people to need her aid again, and she will return in her fire and power to sear the lands of the foe.

So it is we keep our worships of her quiet, lest we rouse her before she is needed. And so it is we pray that we need not summon her once again.

* * * * *​

And let me just say, damn you all, now this is starting to look like it's going to be some kind of inter-connected series of mini-myths... ><

I blame all of you. :)

I am so keeping this ._.,
It's quite good, thank you very much!

I get to become inter connected with DA and Cas? Please say that is so because that would be so badass O.O

Okay Raz, got yours done. Glad people have thus far been satisfied with their Mini-myths.

Crimson Grave​

Gather once more friends and kinsmen, for though the night grows deep, the fire is yet warm, and there are tales yet to be spun this night. We turn to another tale of elder times, And one with a tragedy and heroism all its own.

The lands had been riven by war, power unleashed upon it the like of which none had seen before, and none have seen since. The lands were barren, and the dead no longer rest easily in the earth. From the noblest of intentions, and the greatest of sacrifices did further hardship and fear come upon the very people that had been meant to be saved.

The waves of the dead had risen high, and more than one enclave of people had been overturned by their seemingly numberless hordes. The remnants of the people gathered together in a single large enclave, pooling what they could to mount a defence. Those who could not be trusted, or could not contribute were left out of the enclave, the better to fend for themselves.
Cast away from any signs of help, one such soul strove to stay alive, in any way they could. Scraping a living from the bare forests, they tried to move ahead of the dead hordes. But with so many dead about, contact was inevitable. With nought but bough from a stout ashwood tree, they fought for all they had left. Their lives, and ultimately, their very soul, for to die before the dead who walked was to join them. Their struggle was beyond mortal reckoning, as each of the dead who fell before them seemed to attract the attention of three more. Beyond endurance, and with nought but fear and stubborn determination, the battle raged.

But mere mortals have limits, and once reached, there is no exception, no matter the heroism, or how deserving one might be for more. Falling before the dead was the one fear they possessed, and it was the one fear that was realized. As they dead who walked were wont to do, they buried them beneath the tainted soil, and come the following night, they would rise to join them. And so it came to pass.

But on that night, when they rose once more from the soil, a truth was shown. The dead that walked were not possessed of hunger, nor of rage. They were possessed of despair at their state, and tried to salve this despair by having others join them. Fresh from the grave, and still covered in the blood of themselves, and their foes, the newly risen set back for the enclave.

Sure enough, the dead had found it, and had begun to assail the walls. Their numbers were vast, and they would overtake it, snuffing the last vestige of their people.

But this was not to be.

Finding a fallen blade, relic from an age past now, and set about not the living, but the dead themselves. Hewing through the packed hordes, they climbed upon a mound of destroyed dead, and stood before the bright lights of the enclave, who saw one of their exiles, Crimson from the blood of the dead who walked, and still bearing the earth of the grave, but holding to their defence.

"We stand for ourselves, as no one else shall do so. Stand with me now Brothers, until the last fading of the night, and we shall see our people delivered." They called over the walls. Frightened, yet heartened all the same, the people threw themselves back into the defence, and despite losses beyond the count of grief, the walls did hold.

As the sun did rise high, overpowering the gloom of the dead that walked, these purging rays began to burn them from the lands. Nearly as one, they fell to their knees as they flaked to ashes and dust before the purifying force. When the people threw up a cheer for victory, they all froze as they saw but one dead still remained. Their saviour who had rallied them in their darkest time remained, refused his rest, for forsaking the purpose that he had been given, to stand with the other fallen.

Into the world he walked, despair his companion, and he too did enter the realms of darkness, seeking a release from his existence, and believing that he might find one within that could grant him such.

But we still sing his song, that his memory may never fade, and may we never forget that honour is won by deeds, and nought else.

Well, since you seemed interested, Alvis, prepare a tale of Raven Witch.

I'd say my current theme is King of Anything or... I Will Not Bow. Feeling like hating the world, it certainly returns the favor often enough, or certain people do. >.>

Okay Dark, I have laboured and slogged through this one, and give you...your mini-myth!

Lily Lullaby​

Though the night presses in on us this fell night, know that not all tales ended in such despair. Let us now turn to a new tale, one of a different sort. Listen now, and harken to my tale...

The people were safe once more, the dead who walked were now banished, and the land began a slow rebirth. It would take generations, but the people would recover, and flourish once more. But there was more to the threat of the people than they did know.

All that they once were, it threatened to fade from the minds of the people, and they would return to the barbarism that they had suffered before the coming of their guardian spirit. And this would not do, for they would forget the loss, the sacrifice, and the heroism that had come before. And to forget was to disgrace adn dishonour. Something need be done.

One of the people rose up, and with knowledge of the stories of the past, wove them from a simple tale into a song of the deeds of ancient times. And thusly did the people begin to take the song of the past into their lives. The history of the people would be preserved in teh Story-songs, and the crafter of the first of these travelled among the people to ensure that it was spread to every corner of them, that no one be left behind.

To reach the last of the people who had spread out across the land after the salvation from the dead who walked, they did cross through the eldest forest remaining. Beneath it's boughs, no light of the sun did pierce. And so they did find within the last remnant of the dead who walked, those who found teh rays of the sun did not brush them clean.

And as they came to sweep the First of Song Sages away, it did not come to pass. Guided to song by a force they did not know, a song was brought forth to still the dead who walked. And upon the lightless earth they sank, and to the lightless earth they faded. Each of the former dead stod before the Singer, and bowed their heads. With words of thanks, they found themselves released from their bonds, and ushered to the embrace of the afterlife. Those scoured by sunlight had not been so fortunate.

And so the Singer came to the people once more, and the song yet taught again, for only with such a song could the dead be released to return to the Great Powers. And so did the Lullaby of Lillies begin, singing the dead to their final rest.

The name of the First of Song Sages is long lost to us all, but their place and glory in our people will never fade. We still sing her song, that the dead may know rest...and the living may never forget.

*snugs her myth*
Just lovely. I will cross-reference this in my journal for sure. Thank you for taking the time to write this for me. <3

*Groans* Mine is...Ebony Hunter. >.<

Unless I go with my middle intial and last name, than its Lily Hunter, which sounds waaaaay better to me. XD

And now, next on the list...Raven witch! Hope it's enjoyed!

Raven Witch​

And now on your faces I see the recognition of the great legacy from which we come. Rest well in the knowledge that we live in blessed times, removed from the trials of our ancestors. But listen now to another tale of trials long passed...

It was in the age before the coming of the Great Darkness, when the people had nearly raised themselves back to heights that drew teh eye of others. But they stood in readiness to defend what was theirs this time. To their North, South, and West their people stood in readiness and prepared for all that might come. But to their east, lay a land of Darkness, and nothing dwelt within. Or so they were to believe.

From the land emerged the form of the great blight upon the land. The carrion bird, the Raven. Such numbers they possessed, their passage blotted the very sun from the sky. Never before had such a bird been seen, and they fell upon the land in a great storm. Laying neither beak nor claw upon the flesh of the people, these creatures scoured the lands of the crops in the fields. With despair, the people did cry out for some reason, some knowledge of why they were to be so afflicted. And so unto them came the heart of the Ravens. The dark witch who commanded them, and claimed their allegiance.

Unto the people, she imparted knowledge of her servants. Not simple birds, they were the bound souls of the fallen, given form, and protection from their song. They had come to revenge themselves on the people who had scoured them from the earth. But the people were not to accept such a fate onto themselves.

In droves did the ravens die, but once their blood had been shed, so to did they shed the blood of the people. Though they did fall in droves for each of the people they might fell through persistence and malice, they existed without number. The people were once more in danger of losing all they had, so they called to the Great Powers for help.

And the Powers did answer.

A champion did rise, and not only the ravens, but the people quailed before them, for they came in fire and wrath, not unlike their departed guardian spirit. The Raven Witch saw what had been sent for her, and fell away from the coming of the Champion. Many of her ravens were scoured away, she fled back to the darkness, but let behind a blight of her ravens to continue to keep the people from true peace, and to blight their battlefields, and defile the dead before the spirits could be sung home.

Not destroyed, but merely driven away, the Raven Witch does not end her story there, but that is a tale for another time...

So the last one was a little short, and didn't end as well as it could have. But I admit, that was because I saw a chance to tie two of the mini-myths in together. SO the end of the Raven Witch myth, and I also give you...

Raven Stalker​

Ah, but I see now in your eyes that you are not satisfied with the last tale. You wish to know of the fate of the Raven Witch. That is a tale in itself, and a tale that needs speak of a new figure that rose in the time after her flight into darkness...

The people had rallied in the wake of the coming of their Champion. Shinng in light and fire, he stood strong against adversity. With the departure of the Raven Witch, he went North, where the border was pressed by forgeign invaders. A new watch was being formed then, one to look over the lands of darkness, lest the Raven Witch return.

But in the dark places of the lands, some remnant of her chosen ravens did gather. They had indeed been the souls of the fallen, given flesh and form, but not all of them had come seeking vengeance. Some had been brought against their will, bound to the power of the Raven Witch, against whom they had no defence in their current form. The risen Champion could not venture into the Dark lands, or perhaps he merely would not. Two score of these ravens gathered, and did what none knew they could. They gave up their flesh, their forms, their very identity as souls, to form a new creature.

The one who walked from this merger, this gift, was dark of hair and eye, and could speak with the beasts of the land. Power of the ravens was his to command, and thusly a counter to the Raven Witch was born. But this new form was mortal, and could not be counted on to last until the Witch did return. The battle must taken to the Witch, and that meant entering into the Dark lands, fighting her at her most powerful, in the places that she had come from. The Raven Stalker knew not if the Witch would even be vulnerable to mortal weapons within the Darkness. And that meant that only one thing could be counted upon.

Only one place within the lands had never fallen to invasion or strife. A lone mountain near the heart of the realm. It was this mountain that the guardian spirit did first speak to the people, and grant them a gift. It was here that they were granted the First Fire. And within a sacred temple, deep in the mountain, did this fire still burn, alight with power beyond that of mortals. A few acolytes did keep watch on the flames, and ensure it burned forever more. It was to this temple that the Raven Stalker did go.

Save the acolytes, none dwelt near the mountain, for the place was too sacred, too powerful for the mortal flesh to sustain contact and proximity. The Raven Stalker entered into the temple, and confronting the leader of the acolytes, explaining his purpose and quest. Upon him was granted a lantern, lit from the First Fire, and burning with light and power. It would guide him through the darkness, and give him what was needed to defeat the Raven Witch.

The Raven Stalker knew that bearing this light, this power, was not safe for him. He was made of being crafted in darkness, and the light of the Fire seared him as well as it would the Raven Witch. Shuttering the lantern as much as he dared, and moving with all haste, he began to stalk his prey.

There is nought known of what the lands within the Darkness showed him, for it was not until many years later that we did learn of the Raven Stalker and his doomed, noble quest to rid us all of the Raven Witch. We do know that he did find her within the Dark lands, and call her to battle. Both of them binding ravens to their service, they tore at one another, but she had the mastery. As his ravens turned against him, the Stalker opened his lantern, the light pushing back the darkness in ways none had foreseen, bringing light to a land that had known none since the dawn of the world.

Reeling from the light, the Raven Witch surrendered her guard, and the Raven Stalker broke the lantern upon her, engulfing her in the First Fire. Though her shriek rang loud enough to carry too all corners of the world, the Raven Stalker knew that he was finished in his task. The Witch cursed him as she burned, swore that she would have her revenge, and that she would see the lands covered in the very darkness itself. Unable to bear the light of the fire any longer, the Stalker fled, heading for the borders of the Dark lands.

We know not what fate beset him. But the Raven Stalker was not seen in our lands again. We know fromthe watchers of the Dark that a cloud of ravens did emerge, and fall to the earth, as though prostrate in grief and mourning at the passage of their Queen.

The Raven Stalker did save us from the Witch, and we yet sing his song, that we may always remember that heroism is not always found in the light and fire. Heroism shall come from the heart, and honour beyond reproach.

If anyone else wants a mini-myth...just ask! Give me your Gothic name, and I'll put you on the docket!

Alvis, I hereby challenge you to make "Willow Spirit" sound even remotely heroic! Or Villainous! I usually RP the bad guys. I'll take anything that isn't all pansies and flowers... These name generators hate the letters R and L.

Not going to lie Animus, I have been waiting for you. :D

I should be back shortly with your mini-myth.

I like writin' these thigns. It's fun. :)

And I like the world that's being built around these myths. That's fun too.

I still blame all of you. :p

All right! It is done! The next myth has been scribed! I give you...

Willow Spirit​

And so ends the tales of the First Age of our people. Ah, but in the eyes of you all I see that your thirst for the tales of our people is not yet sated. What is that you say? Who was it that saved us from the Darkness? We do not know. Perhaps the Great Powers took pity on us, and lit the beacon themselves. But now we hearken to a later tale, in the age that did follow...

The Age of Fire and Darkness had passed from our lands, and while the lands of Darkness still loomed, we moved on with our lives. The forests of the land began to recover from the savaging they'd received, and our people flourished once more.

The Great Powers offered our people their aid once more. This time, rather than a single powerful entity, they placed guardian spirits in many place, in many things. Though many in number, no one spirit would wield power even close to that of the Dusk Spirit. Such could not be endured again.

The worship of the spirits was a natural thing, beseeching the spirits of the earth for a bountiful harvest, spirits of sky for fair weather, spirits of river for safe passage and plentiful fishing. But though the times were fair, not all was safe within the borders.

The lands of Darkness still stirred, and nameless things stirred within. The watchers of the Dark were vigilant, but they were only mortal. One by one, creatures escaped the Dark, and fled to the forests within the realm. There they gathered, there they plotted. And from there, they prepared.

The creatures of the Dark began to corrupt the forest, their very presence tainting the trees. And as the trees began to change, so too did the spirits that lived within. But not only spirits lived within the forests. There also dwelt a woodsman, caretaker of the forest, and as he saw his home begin to change, he took up his axe, and sought out the heart of the problem.

The Queen of this forest was a mighty spirit, and she cried out for his aid. To sweep aside the creatures that so assailed her, and to do so quickly, before the taint within her was beyond reversal. Steeling his heart, he marched to find those that would do such evil.

The creatures were not easy to find, but none could evade the woodsman in his home forever. With cunning and fury, he fell upon his foes. Blade rising and falling, he hewed down creature after creature, and for all his valour, for all his heroism, he was but one against many, and his foes knew nothing of mortal limitations. Sorely wounded, and nearly beyond the limits of his strength, the woodsman stood before the greatest of the Dark Ones, the locus of power that did corrupt the trees. To slay the beast was to save the woods, but the woodsman knew in his heart that even at his best, he would have been a poor match for such a creature.

Throwing himself into an attack, the woodsman felt the claws of his foe pierce his chest, his heart and lungs ruined from the strike. The beast laughed at him, but the laugh ended as the woodsman committed to one last blow, now inside the guard of his foe. The axe took the head from the beast, slaying it. A wail rose from the remaining beasts, knowing that they would not succeed in their quest. They fled the fading woodsman, leaving him to his fate.

The spirit that dwelt in the heart of the forest wept, seeing the noble woodsman laid low for his efforts. She could not allow such heroism go without the knowledge of the people. So she took his soul, so far from the songs of the Song-Sages, and she bound into a tree that grew near the river. The tree, once tall and proud, bent low under the weight of the spirit that now lived within it. The tree could not bear the weight alone, so the spirit did spread to others of it's kind. Sharing the burden of the soul of the woodsman, they held it safe in their embrace. But it was not the fate he had wished for.

Now bound, he would never join the souls of his ancestors with the Great Powers. The tree did remain bent with his sorrow, for though he had been rewarded by the Heart of the Forest, it was not the fate he would have chosen for himself. So bound, he remains within the trees, watching over the rivers and forests, offering council to those who know but to ask. Waiting, always waiting, for one to find the words that might set him free.

Blinks

This has gotten very interesting.
And, I think Ebony Hunter sounds better than Lily Hunter o no

But that is just me.

I have made Alvis very, very popular xD

Ebony Hunter would be more interesting.

But alas, I have not been asked to myth that name. :)

And if anyone is interested in reading all of the Myths in proper sequence, along with one that has been posted nowhere else, be sure to check out my thread in the Storytelling section!

Oh, and, uh... 'aye' !

I'd say Aye...but sadly...I can not RP. I'm so drained and depressed that I can't write. So...I'd only drag the RP down and kill it.

Sighs

Sounds cool though. I'm saddened I can't join.

If we were to break out an RP in this world, I'd probably limit myself to DMing the world, since, you know, I've been making it up... :p

Back
Top Bottom