Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Demonizing an Angel *(Silvana | Areawin)

What a peculiar woman. Mina frowned a little, watching the Valkyrie, utterly baffled when she'd sat down and started talking about ducklings. Glancing towards Adriel, who simply shrugged. However, though he feigned ignorance, the angel had most certainly understood the hint.

A child.

Abigor wanted Silennia to breed.

The fact he'd allowed the incubus to get so close seemed to all click together now. It made perfect sense. Lower-class incubi and succubi were dependent on rather crude methods of breeding- unable to breed on their own, they would collect from humans that they fed on. Nasty creatures, they were. Some of them beast-like and hideous. The source for many of the traditional myths that humans had regarding them... however, the more powerful ones were a different story. Vermina herself was quite rare in the fact that she could carry and give birth to children who were truly of her own flesh and blood. A mother demon among their species.

From demons like her, new types of succubi were given life, yet, even so, their male counterparts were more rare. Keiran was the only son that Vermina had ever given birth to successfully, and because of that, she cherished him.

By nature, a incubus of Keiran's stature could easily produce new demons at a much faster rate than their few female counter-parts who were capable of breeding, who carried their spawns inside of their own bodies. Sometimes taking years for the child to form as it sapped it's mother's energy. The more energy available, the faster the child would grow and the stronger the child would become inside the womb.

Adriel glancing towards Mina at the thought. The girl completely baffled still by Leghadema's seemingly random comment about ducklings.

Good.

Damien looked up at Adriel cautiously, though it seemed he didn't understand the reference. Mina's expression declaring without words just how confused she was. That was a good sign, at least; though the angel would have much more experience when it came to hiding knowledge. Leghadema was still babbling on about ducklings; how swans left their eggs in a duck's nest for the duck to raise and hatch because the parents simply couldn't be bothered. On and on she went, until suddenly, she seemed very tired. It hadn't occurred to Damien that she probably didn't have anywhere to stay during this whole ordeal. Money was worthless to higher beings... until they were stranded in a world outside their own.

"There's a motel near here," he said quietly, catching her attention. "You can stay there. Just mention my name at the front desk." It wasn't a luxurious place to sleep, but it was better than being out in the cold, which her kind was oddly susceptible to. Possibly why Silennia reacted so dramatically to it.

The woman nodded without saying anything else and stepped outside of his office. Deft fingers picking up the gun and retrieving her knives. She just now noticed how large the club was, but didn't comment on it; unfolding those large white wings delicately as she moved down the steps. Stretching them with a sigh. The dance floor was rather enormous; allowing her to beat each wing individually to work out the kinks in them. The white things arched up and swooped down. Leghadema kept both feet on the ground, not wanting to become airborne; just wanting to free the weight from her back. She stood there for a few minutes, moving them this way and that, before they tucked against her once again and she left.

Damien had the information he needed, but what was he going to do with it? If Abigor wanted Silennia to have a child, there was little even God himself would be able to do. And if his daughter kept that child away from him -- especially if it were a boy -- all Hell would break loose on the earth. He couldn't stress enough, Abigor will do anything, by any means necessary, to get a hold of what he wants most.

And what he wanted most was a grandchild.

Yes, it made sense that he allowed Keiran to become close to Silennia. The girl naturally produced enough energy to kill her; Keiran could sap it away with a kiss or a touch. He is one of the only -- if not the only -- high-ranking incubi ever born. Vermina was powerful, as were her children. She fed well during her pregnancies, and didn't choose weak men to reproduce with. Mina and Keiran were fine examples of that. A child between the two would mean near-limitless power, depending on what side the blood took. There was no telling what Abigor would do with the child once he got his hands on it; what he was pre-planning.

Damien had enough information, for now, and wanted very much to sleep. Adriel was there to take care of Mina if she needed it, so was there a reason for her to stay? The demon stood and looked almost sadly at the scattered information cascaded into the table. "Valkyries are rather strange creatures," he remarked offhandedly. "She was forced to give her child away and watch her grow up, to the realization that she might die. They're emotional creatures. Soft and warm. Innocent in all ways but war." A light shrug. He pulled a jacket off the back of his chair and draped it over his arm, then turned to face the crimson-haired beings once again. "I'm going home. And... I'd like for you to leave." A pointed look at Mina. "Both of you. So I can have someone come in and clean up."

Crimson hues watched the valkyrie go, stepping out of the office as she descended down to the bottom, those beautiful white wings unfolding as she went. Once, long ago, Adriel's own wings had been that pure... but that was a time that was mere a blur in the angel's ancient memory, turning his head a bit as Damien began pulling his jacket on, offering a slight smile in response. He knew better than to believe that the Valkyrie had merely been speaking rubbish, though, he showed no hint of knowing otherwise.

Nodding in agreement when Damien requested them to leave.

Mina, on the other-hand, pursed her lips a bit when the demon specifically turned his gaze to her, emphasizing that he meant for both of them to leave. Though, she was none bothered by it, it seemed. She'd already over-stayed her welcome, which was rather obvious, tagging along behind Adriel who had already started heading for the door.

Ultimately, returning to the hotel where Shiori, Ratri, and the other nearly forgotten human who had been traveling with them, Kenny, still waited.

Where Shiori proceeded to inform Mina of her brother's whereabouts.

"Germany?! Why did her-" The red head paused, looking to her father who simply winced, "Vermina." The name growled as it left his lips. Causing Mina to stare towards him, "What...? But why? Doesn't he know how vile she is?"

"Vermina wouldn't hurt him."
Adriel had settled down into a chair, seeming weary at this point, paying little attention to Mina's erratic moods, used to them. After all, the girl took after him far more than what was healthy for her.

"She'd certainly hurt me."

Voicing her resentment for her mother out loud, the red head shook her head, walking off, "I'll be in my room if anyone needs me." She snipped, and with that, departed. Adriel watching her go for a moment, and when she was out of sight, turned his gaze towards the dark-haired woman standing next to him, "Shiori."

"Yes?" dark hues shifted towards him, yet, she was tense at being addressed by him. Waiting for him to speak as finally, he continued, "Keep an eye on her. Don't let her leave." Rising to his feet as he turned, the girl blinking, "What? Where are you going? How on earth do you expect me to keep MINA from leaving- Hey!" Stepping after him, though, he was gone before she could further question him. Dammit all. How she was growing weary of these creatures bossing her around. Again questioning herself as to why she put up with them at all. Touching the mirror that had once more been returned securely around her neck, having retrieved it from Keiran's belongings that had been left behind.

It was as if these fools forgot that she was bonded to a mortal body.

Silently cursing Keiran under her breath. This should have been HIS job. Instead, he'd run off to Germany with his little girlfriend.

Pale lids opened to reveal sapphire eyes. Long black hair splayed behind her and onto the pillow. Most of her body touching the one beside her. Silennia couldn't tell what time it was by the light that trickled through the curtains, but she felt as if she'd slept for days. A low grumble of reluctance sounded from her as she lifted her head long enough to pull her hair back into one general area. She didn't want to wake Keiran unless she had to, and although she was quite content sleeping on and off all day, the thought occurred to her that she'd been wanting to do that every day for nearly a week. Surely it wasn't healthy.

She hauled herself up to prop herself onto her elbow, unaware that she could have been so sore in so many places before now. There was a strange relief among the pain, and it took her a full minute to figure out what it was: her back was no longer hurting her. Not her back, shoulders or neck. It was a pleasant surprise. With great care, her fingers moved along the side of Keiran's face, then up into his hair until he began to stir. She smiled, then leaned down to kiss his shoulder. A soft, "Good morning" tickling against his skin there.

---------------

Damien waited for the two crimson-headed beings to leave before he organized his belongings a bit into a manageable pile. The call for someone to come in and clean was a short one; looking around and informing the person on the other line that it didn't matter how long it took. Since nobody was ever really allowed in his office, he was generally responsible for keeping up with it. This time, he was simply too weary. He would know if someone looked through anything they weren't supposed to, and he made sure there was nothing left out that would be tempting to steal.

After he was assured that the maids would do a good job, he hung up and headed out to his condo. The lights coming on automatically as he stepped out of the elevator. From the floor to the ceiling in a corner of the kitchen, an enormous, bright aquarium adorned the wall there. He sighed and welcomed the sight of his clean home. Honestly, Damien lived a rather posh life. White leather furniture, an enormous flat screen television, a fireplace where flames flickered up from glass. His own heaven as a personal reward for getting out of his own hell.

He stripped down naked before climbing between silk sheets of a large bed, and fell asleep almost instantly. At first he'd been concerned that his recent worries wouldn't allow him a peaceful slumber. However, staying up to keep an eye on Mina, doing research for two days straight to the point that his vision began blurring on its own... it exhausted him to where nothing else mattered but glorious unconsciousness.

Brilliant amber hues revealed themselves slowly as silver eyelashes parted, a warm smile gracing the incubi's lips as Silennia leaned down to kiss his shoulder, bidding him good morning. That nagging pain having finally completely subsided, no longer starving for nourishment. Though, remembering the events that had occurred just the evening before made him tense a little. He'd lost control of himself to a point, leaving his memory hazy, and he sat up abruptly, "Are you okay? I... didn't hurt you, did I?"

His voice anxious as he looked her over, turning her forcibly with his hands to get a good look at her back, only to relax when he saw that the bruising on Silennia's back had nearly faded away completely, no other marks to be found on her still naked flesh.

Good.

Closing his eyes in relief, he let go, wrapping her into his arms as he laid back once more, pressing a gentle kiss to her forehead. For the first time, able to do so without a stab of hunger for her riveting through his body.

Silennia's lips parted to protest, to say that she was perfectly fine, but forceful hands were already looking her over. Only smiling when he was finished, satisfied, with the fact that she wasn't hurt -- if anything, she was better. She curled against him neatly and made a soft humming noise at his kiss against her forehead. A sort of sleepiness radiating about her from her sapped energy. "Just cold," she said finally, and reached around slightly to pull the blanket a bit more tightly against her.

He seemed so concerned about hurting her that she didn't speak of how sore she was. Pressing a kiss against his neck. "I want to get out today," she murmured, and pulled away just far enough to look up at him. There was bound to be a town nearby; something for them to do, to get outside and walk. Just to move around in the fresh air would be satisfying. But if they were across the world, they may as well enjoy it a little before heading back to the hell hole she'd come to know as her home. Here, it seemed that she was able to run away from the life-threatening dangers. At least for a little while.

A smirk slowly formed on her lips. "We, ah. Didn't pack clothes." Sapphire hues moving toward the end of the bed, where last night's shirt was just barely still hanging there. That had been Keiran's to begin with since the water ruined the one she wore there, but either way, she found it amusing. Not packing a single item; just hopping on a plane and leaving. Landing in a foreign place twelve hours later.

Laughing softly, Keiran's eyes shimmered, rather amused, "Reasonably so. I fly you all the way to Germany and then you end up sitting in a manor in the middle of the woods the entire time. I would be concerned if you DIDN'T want to explore a little." Luckily, though Vermina lived rather isolated, the manor cut off by a thick patch of forest, there was a small village a good fifteen-minute drive away. Several, actually, depending on which way you wanted to go.

Vermina had chosen her location carefully deep in the Black Forest in southern Germany. Long ago, the forest itself had been massive, offering a place for the succubus to easily hide, while still being near enough to human villages to have a place to hunt should the need to feed arise. However, it's size, though still impressive, had dwindled greatly, many of the ancient trees being cut down by modern-day logging companies. The area itself considered to be historic.

Shifting his weight a bit, Keiran grinned a little, "I know so far you two don't seem to like each other much, but, I'm sure my mother has something that would fit you." The succubus, after all, had countless garments stashed through this place. Some of them from another time entirely, while others were more modern-day and practical. As far as he could tell, besides the slight changes to the manor- such as the added running water and electricity, nothing had been changed.

He wouldn't be surprised one bit if the servant's personal belongings still remained.

Sliding out from under the covers, he walked over to the window, not seeming bothered at all by the fact that he was walking around the room completely nude, the chill that having taken to the air hardly phasing him. Peering outside. From the looks of it, it was early morning, a thick fog hanging around the manor outside that made it difficult to tell the exact time, however.

Silennia stayed put for a few minutes after Keiran got up to walk to the window, wrinkling her nose at the mention of her disliking his mother. She wiggled into the spot where he'd been laying and sighed loudly at the warmth there. Instead of bothering to stay in bed, she kept the blanket around her shoulders and dragged it off with her; walking over and placing herself in front of Keiran with her back to him. Peering out into the fog to the treeline, then focusing her eyes closer where the yard was overgrown and mangled-looking. "Creepy," she muttered.

The thought of borrowing clothes from Vermina -- or even confronting her to do so -- caused a feeling of irritation to crawl through her skin. She pushed it back as much as she could before tilting her head to the side a bit. "I'll play nice if she does." Vermina had not given her any reason to have such hatred. It was... instinctual? Silennia honestly wasn't sure for the reason, but it was certain that her blood boiled around the woman. Perhaps giving her a second chance would be worth it?

No. The word was so clear in her head that she felt uncomfortable from hearing it. No. The woman was not to be trusted. She had decided that immediately, even if she didn't yet understand the reason why. Something felt wrong about the entire house, but she felt safe with Keiran, so she attempted to push such thoughts from her head. "Unless you want me walking out there naked to ask," she said finally, "I think you'll have to see if she does." She turned with a small smile. A slightly obvious reason for her not to be near the woman alone, yet reasonable.

"This place used to be quite grand back a few hundred years ago." Keiran sighed, letting the curtain fall back into place, as if the sight disgusted him. Simply offering a smile to Silennia's comment regarding Vermina, "As long as you don't give her a reason, I doubt she would hurt you." Of course, he had been wrong about his mother before. Not that he was going to share such information with Silennia. The less the girl had to deal with Vermina, the better... and so, this that in mind, getting dressed in the process, he easily agreed to go speak to her himself rather than dragging Silennia out of the room wrapped in a blanket.

Though, the idea was amusing.

Glancing over towards the fire place, he walked over, kneeling down in front of it. A few logs tossed inside that had never been burned, "I don't suppose you have a lighter, huh?" He commented, glancing around the room. Nearly jumping right out of his skin when purple flames abruptly came to life, before burning out into a more natural-flame.

Vermina obviously awake somewhere in the manor.

"Wait here." With out another word, the silvernette slipped out the door, deciding to try his luck with the other bedrooms down the hall. Entering one of them, it looked just as bad as his room had when they'd first arrived, frowning a bit. This had been his little sister's room, Lillian. A girl who he hadn't even seen in well over a century. Glancing around as he made his way to the closet, pulling it open. It was bare for the most part, only a few unwanted dresses still lingering, and he shook his head slowly. Faintly wondering what had become of his younger sibling as he paused, having turned to leave, but something had drawn his attention, his gaze coming to rest on a small picture frame, similar to the one that Silennia had found in his room.

Except, in this one, there was a painting of a young girl, her eyes clouded and white, while her hair fell into flawless curls, strawberry-blonde in color. She'd been born during the time when Keiran still lived here, and he'd watched her grow-up. A 'failure' in the eyes of Vermina. Strong, yes, but that power was beyond the girl's control. Frightening.

Turning the frame downwards against the table, he turned, exiting the room as he sought to find his mother. Finding her coming down the stairs, "Hello, Keiran."

"I need to borrow some clothes for Silennia."

"Oh?" Violet hues shifted towards him, a delicate brow lifting, "She couldn't be bothered to ask me herself?"

"... she's naked."

"That's reasonable enough." The succubus laughed softly, turning, "I'm sure I have just the thing." Waiting at the bottom of the stairs, Keiran glanced back when eventually, Vermina returned, carrying several dresses, even having found some shirts and pants to toss in, pushing them into Keiran's arms as she walked by him, "Tell her she can keep them if she wants. I have plenty more where those came from-"

"Mom." Keiran frowned a little, looking after her, "What ever happened to Lillian?"

The question made Vermina stop in her tracks, her back turned towards Keiran, "What a odd question to ask." Shifting her head a little, "The girl went off on her own. It's not my duty to watch over every last one of my daughters. That would be impossible."

Offering no further explanation as she walked away.

Leaving Keiran's frown to deepen a bit, before he shook his head, walking away to return to Silennia with the small pile of clothes that Vermina had given him.

Sapphire eyes watched Keiran appreciatively as he dressed; clicking her tongue at him with a smile. He was a strange piece of art; pale hair and olive skin. Amber hues that could look deadly and loving within a single second. She hadn't quite taken any time to truly allow her eyes to wander over his frame.

Silennia jumped as she watched the flames flicker to life; violet and purple hues fading into the normal heat of orange and yellow. Yet something else in the place to make her skin crawl. She came to rest on the end of the bed; laying back as Keiran went to speak with his mother about the clothing. In just minutes the room was warming up to where she didn't have to hold the blanket so tightly around her; letting it fall a bit so that her shoulders and legs weren't covered.

Soon, she became impatient and stepped near the fireplace. Eyes wandering over the mantle to see what settled there. Once again the painting captured her interest, and she sat herself on the floor with it angled toward the fire in order to get a better look at it.

He hadn't changed at all, it seemed. Not in the slightest. The clothing -- that was it. As if he had dressed up just the day before to get it painted. No, there was something, wasn't there? Now he looked stronger. The same features with a more grown-up look to him. The person in the picture looked almost boyish compared to how he carried himself now.

Her bright gaze shifted upwards as he re-entered the room, eyeing the clothes he carried almost suspiciously before relaxing. Ugh, what was that? A tingle in her nose, her muscles reacting to the scent.

The scent. Silennia could smell Vermina on the clothes. Obviously, since they were the woman's. So many things seemed to be changing about her that it was giving her whiplash and giving her an over-all feeling of discomfort. Now, it seemed, that feeling was present even with Keiran near. She stood and leaned up to kiss his cheek before laying the clothes out on the bed to examine them further. Dresses, mostly, but thankfully there were a few pairs of pants and shirts in there as well. However the dresses were beautiful enough to make her truly question if she wanted to wear one of them.

She decided that pants would be best, and slipped them on; adding a shirt over the top of them and pulling her hair from the back of it. Letting it hang down for once instead of tying it up. "I'll have to thank her," she said quietly. Managing a smile as she looked down at herself, glad that she had been wearing a decent pair of leather lace-up boots on the day that they left.

Watching her closely, Keiran could see how she tensed up at first at being offered the clothes- not because of a dislike of the clothing itself, but something else entirely. Curious somewhat about what was happening with her. Was it because her senses had become sharper? Could she smell Vermina on those clothes? Unknowing of the changes that her body would begin going through now that he had bedded her. In fact, even now, though he had stayed by her side loyally, he still didn't really have a clue what was going on.

All that he had learned was that her sire was Abigor, and that there was a possibility that her mother had been a Valkyrie. Beyond that, he was still in the dark, and that uncertainty set with him almost bitterly.

Watching her get dressed, he almost seemed disappointed, having taken a liking to seeing her in the nude, "What a shame." A teasing tone having taken to his voice as she pulled a shirt on over her head, "I was rather enjoying the view."

Silennia lifted a slender brow, winding her arms around his neck. "If you're good, maybe you'll get to enjoy it some more later." She grinned up at him, stealing several more kisses.

Thankfully they didn't bump into Vermina on their way out; Silennia moving cautiously anyway as she stayed closer than necessary to Keiran. Once again he drove, and they came into a small village nearby.

It was pleasant and, from what she could tell, rather friendly. Inhaling deeply the air of the surrounding forest. She'd never been to a place like this, where, although there was electricity, the people could survive without it. Smoke billowed out slowly from chimneys where morning fires were dying out; merchants out to sell their wares, as it seemed to be a tourist spot, even with its odd location. Bakers, jewelry-makers, seamstresses. It was all strange and beautiful to her; glad to be able to stretch her legs. Never had she breathed air so crisp and clean. It cleared her head and barraged her senses.

Small children ran about as well -- strange, shouldn't they have been in school? They were all chattering about in German; some older women giving Keiran and herself nasty glares as they closed their windows upon their passing. The children stopping to look at them strangely before whispering to each other and giggling; running away and playing a game of tag or hide and seek. After a fourth woman scuttled away as fast as she could -- amusing, since it was no more than an angry waddle -- and slammed her door shut, Silennia pulled Keiran just off the side of the path to look up at him. Giving a glance toward the direction of where the woman had gone. "I may be wrong, but they seem to know you," she murmured. Going quiet as a few people passed by.

It made sense for them to, really. Perhaps he'd lived there when they were just young girls. It was even a possibility that they knew what he was; what he did to survive. That put Silennia on edge a bit. The thought of him ravaging young women as he had done to her the previous night. She attempted to shove the thoughts from her head, but they nagged there, and she grew irritated with herself; then more so as one of the older women began yelling at a group of young girls. They looked surprised and quite baffled, but all of them glanced toward Keiran and Silennia nervously as they headed indoors. Causing for more strange glances cast their way.

Though he said nothing and made no sign of noticing, Keiran wasn't too surprised to see several women vanish from sight upon seeing him. Though their lives were fleeting and short, Humans had a long memory. Stories passed on from mother to daughter, and in a village like this, such became local legend... and once, long ago, Keiran had visited here frequently, feeding upon the succulent young girls, whisking them away in the night... sometimes, never returning them. Even though it had nearly been a full sixty or seventy years since he'd last come here, it seemed that he was still recognizable to some of the elder women. One elder woman shoving her teenage grand daughters into the house with a severe scolding, leaving the girls baffled and confused.

He'd hoped that they would have forgotten, but it seemed that Vermina had kept the fear of monsters alive over the years, people vanishing into the woods, never to be seen again, or returning weak and frightened with wild tales. Paying no attention to the general unease his presence alone caused, he wrapped his arm around Silennia's waist gently, keeping her near as they stepped off the main path, "... My mother has lived in this area for a long time, now..." Not wishing to discuss the nature of his past feeding habits with Silennia, he sought to change the subject, "You should see the wood carvings. There's some beautiful craftsmanship here."

Though, despite his efforts, his eyes shifted towards the side as one of the women still out of the street reached out, having seen the pair step off the main street and having followed, catching Silennia's arm and muttering something in frantic German, only to realize that Silennia didn't understand, frowning and then breathing out as she jabbed a finger at Keiran, her gaze fearful of him, "Monster. Bad. Bad man."

A warning meant for the beautiful stranger.

The girl fleeing when Keiran glared at her, letting out a frightened yelp as she dashed into one of the houses just off the path.

Well, this was certainly going well so far.

Silennia noticed the obvious subject change, but decided to let it go as she leaned into him. Her bright gaze coming to rest on a tiny old woman that was pointing and talking frantically in German. "I don't--" She shook her head a little, obviously confused, but as she turned her eyes toward Keiran to see if he could translate, the woman disappeared into her home. "What..?"

The young woman shifted uncomfortably from foot to foot, but didn't stray from Keiran's side. Few more strange occurrences strayed into their path, as most of the women had seen him and escaped into their homes already. Traders seemed to get more business this way, however. It was rather odd. Beautiful wood carvings in one spot. Silennia ran her fingers delicately over one that had been carved into a swan, feeling a sense of peace there within it. Moving on shortly to beadwork out of local riverstones, smooth to the touch no doubt from the water. The next merchant sold baked goods, and Silennia's mouth watered at them.

She pointed to one -- a flakey pastry with a creamed fruit in the center, still hot -- and looked at the man with a questioning expression. He smiled kindly and said, "Die birne," then pulled a pear out from a basket beneath the table and pointed at the pastry. He then placed several fruits in front of other pastries that looked similar, but with different fillings.

An apple was placed in front of one that held a tawny-yellow cream, looking similar to apple pie. "Der apfel." It continued like this, him telling her in German what each fruit was or what each pastry was filled with, even bringing out a small selection of cheeses to compliment them. She looked at everything with wanting eyes, and he chuckled, placing several pastries in a basket along with a bit of cheese, fruits and bread; covering it and jabbing it toward Keiran before pointing to Silennia, who looked confused.

She then realized, and shook her head, eyes growing wide. The man however insisted, and pointed to her belly. "Eat." The word held a thick accent, but he set the basket down on the table before walking away, not giving her a chance to protest further.

Besides the local women who had seemingly fled from sight, the rest of the people present were rather friendly, Keiran smiling a little as he watched Silennia look through the various crafts, seeming to enjoy herself despite the occasional local trying to ward Silennia away from Keiran.

The incubus mostly just being amused by their unnecessary efforts.

Though, as they wandered by a salesman who have various pastries and foods on displace, a sudden thought occurred to him. Silennia hadn't eaten anything since they had been on the plane. How could he have forgotten such a important detail? He'd been so occupied with filling his own stomach that he had forgotten that Silennia needed to eat food. The man selling the pastries seeming to notice what Keiran had failed to, handing her a basket and walking off.

When the man wasn't looking, Keiran slipped a small roll of money he'd brought with him into a spot where the man would surely find it later when he returned to pack his stall up at the end of the day. Something for his kind gesture. Unlike Keiran, the man probably had a family to care for.

Smiling to Silennia, "That was rather kind of him. Eat up, don't be shy." He prompted her, "You should have reminded me that you need to eat." he scolded, crossing his arms a bit.

Silennia was feeling incredibly shy at the gesture. Not even wanting to touch the basket; moved by his kindness, but finally reaching in and biting into the first pastry she'd come across originally. It was marvelous, filled with fresh pear pieces. Large sapphire eyes turning to Keiran as she gave him almost a flirtatious smile. "I was a bit preoccupied." Though, she hadn't felt hungry this morning... had she? If so, she'd forgotten. No point in it now. She took the basket and sat down, leaning against a rather small tree where the sun still reached her skin. Not wanting to sit in the shade on such a beautiful day.

She waited, relaxed, until Keiran joined her. Eating her fill before setting her head into his lap. Never before had such luxury been available to her. There were no clouds of smog to gag her as she moved through the village. A clear blue sky. The fog that seemed to linger around Vermina's manor was not present here. It was, in every sense of the word, perfect. Closing her eyes against the sunlight and sighing at the feeling of it against her skin.

Although it was chilly out in the open, the sun was warm enough that she didn't feel cold. Reaching up and opening her eyes to play with the front of Keiran's shirt rather absently. "She knew you," she said quietly. Not looking at him. "She was trying to warn me, wasn't she? About what you are." There was no doubt that Keiran had his glory days of preying on young women. There was no doubt in her head about it. The more she thought about it, the more she realized how completely ridiculous it was for her to become upset about it. He could not help the way he needed sustenance, just like she couldn't. And just as he was upset with her about not reminding him she needed food, she would have felt the same way the other way around.

There was no point in him denying it, and if he did, she'd be rather disappointed. Something was pulling her to ask about his mother, but she didn't know what to ask. They were far enough away from the small village that no one would be able to hear them, which eased her nerves further. A thought occurred to her. "Mina." Nearly smacking herself at the realization. "Mina's a..." a long pause, thinking. "Succubus?" Yes, that sounded right. "So is your mother." Another long pause. Slender fingers pulled the front of his shirt; pulling him toward her for an upside-down kiss. "What about your father?"

Once they had settled down, Keiran glanced towards her, still rather uncomfortable discussing the subjects of his past feedings, "People have long memories. Rumors tend to get around after a while. I imagine to someone like her, I must have been a ghost straight out of the past." In truth, he hadn't recognized the woman at all, but it was a good chance that she'd been someone who he had preyed upon when she had been younger... there was no telling at this point, after all. Shifting those amber hues towards Silennia as she spoke some more.

Guessing accurately what Mina and Vermina were. Simply nodding his head in response.

However, he seemed a bit caught off guard however when she asked about his father after pulling him into a kiss, a slight frown touching his face, "I... wouldn't know, honestly. I never knew my father. He died a long time ago..." To be more precise, he'd been slaughtered at Vermina's hand shortly after conceiving Keiran. The only thing he knew about the demon who had sired him was that Keiran shared a physical likeness to him- something he only knew because Vermina had said so.

"... my mother has a nasty habit of keeping too many secrets." He sighed, "Though, if you're going to ask, no, he wasn't a incubus like myself. Most incubi are actually rather hideous. Like something straight out of a nightmare."

Quiet settled over Silennia as he answered her questions, keeping her eyes closed to listen.

Most incubi are actually rather hideous. "Then why aren't you?" Sapphire eyes snapped open, peering up at him. She knew little about the species, but felt like she needed to learn. Silently wondering how often Vermina preyed on the villagers here, with her remarkable glow. Something Keiran hadn't possessed during his time with Silennia until this morning.

The young woman lifted her head a bit as a few children got into a fight; tussling until someone came and broke it up. Suddenly a wave of unease washed over her, enough to make her sit up and lean against Keiran with her back to his chest. Worried eyes scanning the view to try and find what had caused such an odd feeling. And then she spotted it.

Him, rather. A tall man with short brown hair. Piercing steel eyes. She could see a darkness blurring around him, but when she tried looking directly at it, it faded. The villagers didn't seem to notice, and greeted him like any other tourist. He wore a shirt with the German flag on it -- definitely not a local. "Keiran," she murmured. "Do you see him?"

Just as she spoke, his head whipped around. He was a good fifty feet away or more; nostrils flaring a bit as he took a single step forward, and then seemed to notice Keiran. Silennia tensed. He wasn't enormously powerful, but he most definitely was not weak. She could feel it from where she sat, suddenly uncomfortable and nervous.

"I happened to be rather fortunate. My mother isn't just some common succubus. She's... rather ancient, actually. Powerful. A mother of monsters, you could say. I'm sure you've heard some of the crazy myths humans have regarding our kind. Some of them ring with truth, but there's so many because we're constantly evolving, growing and changing... because of demons like my mother. I'm perhaps the first like myself. My mother's 'improvement' to our kind." The incubus shifted a little as he spoke, running his fingers through her hair casually as he did so, though, as he finished talking, something drew his attention. Distracted him.

Amber hues narrowing as a foul energy seemed to darken the air, his fingers having stopped brushing through her hair, his eyes turning off in the same direction that Silennia's had. Tensing as the creature's head turned towards their direction. Knowing as soon as he laid eyes upon him that it was no human. Keiran's lip curling back a bit as a low growl sounded, already shifting and pushing Silennia behind himself protectively.

That action alone being enough to answer Silennia's question.

Getting into a confrontation with another demon right here in plain sight was something he wanted to avoid, but already the incubus had a sinking suspicion that getting Silennia out of here and back to the manor was going to be next to impossible without this creature trying to stop them.

Rising to his feet, every muscle in his body tense.

Silennia willingly stood behind Keiran. She knew that she was quite simply no match for another demon. Not after the previous night, and with all of the odd changes happening throughout her body.

The demon noticed how protective Keiran had become, and he looked confused. Slowly raising his hands in a surrendering gesture; the blackness around him fading down to where it was barely visible at all. Making steady, casual strides toward the two until he was about ten feet away. "An incubus," he breathed. "My. Aren't you a sight."

Silennia peered around Keiran, and the demon grinned. He looked normal now, as if he were no more than a college student. American accent and tight jeans. He gave a small wave to her, and she glared back at him; stepping off to where she was still behind Keiran, but also next to him. "What do you want?" Her voice was sharp, and she surprised herself with how dangerous it sounded.

The man was still grinning. He looked her up and down appreciatively, but not sexually. Admiring her as if she were a piece of art. "What are you?" he breathed. "Valkyrie. But there's darkness in you." A pause. "You don't even know it, do you?" Her baffled, yet irritated expression confirmed it. "Hah!" He took a step back and laughed, strange steel-colored eyes resting on Keiran. "You have no idea what you've found." He looked around, up, behind himself, then back to Keiran. Finally resting on Silennia. "It's growing," he said. A thrilled, manic expression touching his features. "Inside you, I mean. That darkness. You can feel it."

Silennia instinctively moved closer to Keiran, feeling frightened by the look on the others' face.

"Oh, it's glorious! That urge to just... raid an orphanage and slaughter the children. Skin puppies alive and slowly drown kittens. Oh, it's beautiful! That thrill!" He looked excited, began moving his arms erratically to emphasize just how passionate he was about his words. "Whatever you are, it's starting. You're slowly turning into the darkest part of your very soul." The man suddenly looked quite serious.

Keiran didn't know what to make of the demon. Didn't know whether to reguard him as a threat or simply insane, very slowly relaxing a little when the other approached, holding his hands up in a peace gesture. Those gold eyes narrowing suspiciously at the other even when finally, he lowered his guard slowly. Uncertain whether to regard him as a threat or simply insane. He'd met stranger demons, after all.

Though, his words seemed familiar... and with a chilling realization, he realized why. Adriel had said something similar to Silennia when she'd attacked him that day in the kitchen in her apartment. Had warned her about the blood in her veins. How it would consume her. Change her into a beast.

He had said that it would control her and erase every last recognizable part of her if she let it.

"Calm your tongue." Sensing the unease this demon caused her, Keiran couldn't help but feel protective of Silennia, still partly shielding her as she hid behind him. Uncertain of the stranger, and Keiran's face openly showed his distrust. After the events during the last two weeks, he was right to feel threatened, even by this demon who so far, though erratic, had shown no intent of harm, rather, he'd only expressed fascination with Silennia.

The demon put his hands up again, and then covered his mouth; giggling hysterically. "Best watch her." He winked. "She'll ensnare you before you can take a breath." He began walking backwards, babbling on more about demons in general. Finally turning and throwing a careless, "au revoir" their way. He walked back to the village, then out toward where cars were parked. Presumably driving away.

However, Silennia felt shaken. Not sure what to do or say; just standing there for a few minutes. Then, finally: "Valkyrie. Like the fountain."

The first time Keiran and Silennia had taken a walk, she pointed out a fountain. It depicted a beautiful woman with swans flying up around her. Keiran had told her it was a valkyrie. Something else, hazy, but she faintly remembered Damien mentioning it. That night she had simply been too drunk to care. Was it really just a few days ago that it had happened?

She knew next to nothing about demons. Even less about valkyries. Yet the two species were combined in her DNA, and were going to war against each other. She had no idea what was going to happen to her; just what others were saying, which was basically that she would turn into a murderous monster. Except, as of now, she'd rather die than let it get that far. It left a sinking feeling in her stomach.

"Maybe we should just go back home," she said quietly. Whether it was to the manor or to home in general, she didn't care. A single day out and already too many strange things had happened. On top of it all, an odd soreness was returning to her shoulders; either side of her spine tensed. It occurred to her that, if they stayed longer, she would have little choice but to go to Vermina for information. It was a small chance, but one she was willing to make if it allowed her to understand what was happening further.

"Agreed." Keiran had watched the demon walk away, departing with his farewell, still on the edge about the entire thing. What a strange individual he had been. Insane, possibly, judging from his erratic behavior. Yet, despite this, the demon had left behind haunting words. She would ensnare him?

Too late.

He might have been amused by the thought or behavior on any other occasion, but from the moment he'd laid eyes upon Silennia, he had desired nothing more than to be at her side... and since then, he hadn't left her except only once or twice. The last week, they had been entirely inseparable. The incubus finding that even the thought of being separate from her was nearly agonizing.

Guiding Silennia as they made their way back to where he had left the car. The drive back to the Manor being quiet for the most part until he pulled into the driveway, cutting the engine off and looking towards Silennia, "Are you okay?"

Silennia was silent, feeling as though a single loud step would send her world crashing down. Getting in the car and leaning her head against the window, only straightening back up again at Keiran's question. It took her a little while to answer, just playing with her fingers within her lap. "If someone told you that you were going to become everything you hated most," she stated quietly, "would you be okay?" She rolled her shoulders, not wanting to get out of the car just yet. "Fucking Germany," she forced out. It was accompanied by a small laugh.

Her phone buzzed, forgetting that she'd slipped it into a pocket, and she pulled it out. A text from Raoul, updating Silennia on how Korina was doing. The girl was absolutely traumatized, and refused to leave Silennia's apartment by this point. It had always been her safe-haven in the past, and there was nothing that could make her leave. She didn't bother responding, and turned the phone off completely. Not in the mood to deal with the dramas she had specifically wanted to leave behind by coming here.

With that, she exited the car. Still not wanting to go inside, so instead, walking purposefully around the manor. Wrinkling her nose at overgrown rose bushes that had once been surely maintained and rather beautiful. It was near impossible to walk through certain areas, finally stopping around the back of the house. Peering into the treeline as she did from the window hours before. The fog had thinned, but not lifted completely. Yet another unsettling feeling began to crawl up her spine, but she knew that it was only from being near Vermina once more; able to both smell and sense the woman nearby. Desperately trying to push away that instinctive aggressive mindset that crept its way in.

As her thoughts began swirling even darker, she silently glared up at the house. Sapphire eyes slowly fading into a deep crimson once more.

Keiran didn't really know how to answer her. He'd always known what ran in veins... even as a young boy. Knew what awaited him upon adulthood. Vermina's children seeming human-like in their early years before their powers truly manifested... He couldn't comprehend what it would be like to be in Silennia's situation, and upon lacking a answer, he just ended up falling silent. Glancing over as her phone buzzed, breaking what silence had enveloped the inside of the car.

Pushing the door open as he climbed out, watching her move towards the back rather than slipping inside the manor, and after a moment's consideration, the incubus followed her.

From inside the manor, violet hues peered outside coldly. Vermina standing in front of the large window that gave her a nearly completely view of the back yard from her personal bedroom, the heavy drapes pulled back. She could see Silennia below as the girl crossed into the area, Keiran close to her- as he had been since they'd arrived. Able to sense the hostility radiating from her even from way up on the second floor of the manor. Those violet hues narrowing dangerously as the girl stopped walking, looking in Vermina's general direction, catching a glimpse of crimson.

A wicked smile gracing her lips, sharp nails digging into her own arm slightly as she sneered softly, "You wouldn't dare, surely." She breathed softly, more-so to herself than anyone in particular. The succubus stepping back into the shadows as she vanished from sight and away from the window.

Back
Top Bottom