Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Demonizing an Angel *(Silvana | Areawin)

Sapphire pools watched as Keiran moved. She didn't move from her spot, rather enjoying the warmth of where he'd been moments before in the blankets. Laughing as he nearly fell off the bed and scooting closer to him. "Mmmmmm," she sighed. "What if I don't want to get dressed?" Silennia lifted her arm a bit to push her hair out of the way, and sighed. It was both stressful and relaxing here in a way that made her want to both leave and stay.

Instead of procrastinating any further, turned, kissed Keiran, and reluctantly left the blankets. Sorting through the clothes that Vermina had given her the day before; the woman's scent no longer making Silennia thirst for blood. She decided on a dress that had caught her eye the first day; long and a deep red, with a slit up one leg. At putting it on, she realized how perfect it fit her. Strange. Turning to look at herself in a relatively decent sized mirror on the wall before pulling her hair up and knotting it, quite similar to the way she'd worn it on the night she met Keiran.

Slowly, she sat on the bed next to him. Taking in the view of the room a last time. Smiling a little at the flames within the fire place. Even chuckling softly to herself at that strange painting she'd picked up; the reason for her ultimately figuring out what, exactly, Keiran was.

---------------------------

Leghadema was rather taken aback by Mina's blunt question. The movement in her hands stopped; placing them in her lap and going quiet for a bit. Allowing the succubus to put a bit of chocolate in her mouth. "We're all monsters, aren't we?" Her voice had a hard edge to it, but her expression was still that of a porcelain doll.

"Valkyrie aren't like other creatures," she began explaining. "Some call us the true angels. We don't judge others for what they've done, for how they act or what they want. We determine whether they're worthy to enter my realm... and that's it. Most of us, we prefer kindness to anything else. Vulnerable in our own ways." She thought back to just how Abigor pushed her into having his child. The danger that lurked there; a Valkyrie's main weakness. But she didn't speak it aloud.

"You do not bother me." She smiled now. Her voice still had that strange, unplaceable accent that seemed to fit her nature perfectly. "You are not broken or damaged. You are wounded. And wounds heal." Leghadema ran her fingers through the girl's hair once more. "Wounds come one of two ways. Self-infliction or infliction from others. In your case it seems you have both." A rather philosophical statement, but she was unsure of how else to state it. "Hush and eat your chocolate." She reached out and took a glass between her fingers, sipping at it. An old, rich wine. Twirling the glass a bit. "Blood and chocolate," she pondered. "Isn't that it? Humans think that wine is the blood of a child of God?" She scoffed.

Uncaring if Damien had a problem with her opening the ancient bottle.

Golden hues danced with amusement at her response, lips grazing against the side of her neck as she pulled her hair out of the way, leaving behind a teasing kiss, "Then I wouldn't argue with you in the least." He remarked, laughing softly, "But don't tease me so, I'm rather excitable~" Meeting the kiss she pressed to him and watching her as finally, she pulled away. Rolling over onto his belly with a cat-like laziness as he stretched a little more, resting his head against his arms that crossed against the mattress, those amber hues never quite leaving her exposed form as she slipped into the red dress that seemed to hug her form quite snugly. Mischief lingering there in those wandering eyes.

When she'd pulled her hair up, only now, did he collect himself, sitting up as he lowered his feet to the floor, settling on the edge of the bed as he smiled towards Silennia who had come to sit right next to him, running appreciative eyes over her, "Dressed like that, I'm almost tempted to delay our departure." He mused faintly, moreso to himself than to Silennia, though, despite his words, Keiran rose to his feet with what was almost a disappointed sigh. As much as he entertained the idea of stripping that dress right back off of her for a morning tumble, he knew that it was time to get going.

Taking the time to change his clothes briefly and freshen himself up in the bathroom, smoothing his hair down where before it had stuck up in various places from where he had slept on it. Letting it hang loose, silver stands hanging down just past his shoulders.

That was as good as it was going to get.

Stepping across the room when he was ready, his hand wrapped around the doorknob, glancing over his shoulder to Silennia, who seemed to be admiring the room... or perhaps committing it to her memory. Keiran couldn't be sure, after all. Smiling faintly as he twisted the door open, about to step out when abruptly, Vermina appeared right in front of him, catching him completely off-guard to a point that he actually let loose a snarl, violet hues dancing with amusement at her son's reaction, as she cooed out, "Still mad at mommy?"

Holding her hands up in a gesture of peace, one couldn't even tell at this point that just the night before her rib cage had been snapped and pushed inwards, not a single scratch left behind. Flawless as she lifted a arched brow, "I'm not here to stop you and your little girlfriend from leaving."

Amber hues still burned towards her suspiciously, but slowly, the silvernette relaxed a bit, "Then what do you want?"

Without warning, Vermina pushed by Keiran, approaching Silennia as she entered the room, coming to stand just before her as she looked her over, seeming satisfied that the girl had decided to wear one of the dresses she'd given her after all, "... red suits you."

Keiran waited by the door, tense still as he watched Vermina intently, ready to react should the succubus try to attack, but the demon presented absolutely no threat, breaking the silence again after a moment, her tone taking a slightly hardened edge with her next words, "Separating the two of you seems to be out of the question at this point... So... I'll ask you just a simple favor... Take care of my boy." Her gaze softened a little, "He's the only son I have, so think before you act." Glancing towards Keiran, she smiled at the scowl he tossed towards her. Leaving Vermina to chuckled softly until she turned her gaze back to Silennia, reaching out as she took the girl's hand into her own, clasping it between her pale fingers.

"Whether you realize it or not, you've ensnared him completely, Silennia."

Letting go, she turned away, meeting Keiran's confused gaze, "From the moment you laid eyes on her, she's all you've thought of, isn't she?" She questioned, smiling faintly. Knowingly. Stepping past him as she paused a last time, glancing back, "He needs you just as surely as you need him, Silennia. So take care of him.... and Keiran...? Take care of her too..." She pushed a stray strand of raven black hair back from her face, tucking it behind her ear as those violet hues glimmered, "Abigor isn't the sort to let things happen without reason. The fact you've found each other is no coincidence. Don't let yourselves end up being just two more pieces on the game board, or you'll simply be discarded when the time comes."

With that, she vanished just as suddenly as she had appeared, leaving her words behind for them to ponder. Advice that they could either heed, or ignore.

----------------------

"You don't seem anything like a monster, Leghadema." Mina's voice was soft as she answered, offering a faint smile towards the woman. Granted, Mina knew nothing about Leghadema, and even less of her past beyond the fact that she had once conceived a child with... well, the same demon who now enticed and tormented Mina in the cruelest ways. Taking advantage of the core instincts that the girl was bound to.

The same instincts that she had inherited from the very mother who had abandoned her.

Falling quiet as she listened to the woman, absently picking out another piece of chocolate off the plate, not yet having taken an interest in the pieces of fruit just yet, seeming to slowly snap out of the pitiful state she had slipped into the more she spoke with Leghadema. Grinning a little when she was told to hush, "But... I've never spoken with a Valkyrie before." She pouted lightly, not really seeming too bothered in truth.

Giggling slightly at the comment about the wine, "Humans have... very twisted views of the world." Having lived among them for so long, Mina had certainly met more than her share of mortals. Many of them being prey, but on the rare occasion, she would meet one who would intrigue her, allowing them to live, "They're like... babies."

"... spoiled babies who have no idea what's really going on in the world they exist in... but that can't be helped, I guess. They live such short lives. It's almost sad." Picking up the other glass of wine, she sipped at it, washing down the chocolate with it, shrugging.

Silennia had grinned at Keiran, scrunching her nose playfully at his comment. "You act like I would mind," she sighed. Watching him get up and slip into the adorning bathroom. Sapphire eyes followed him as he went to the door, and was about to stand as she caught glimpse of the figure that appeared from seemingly nowhere.

The girl was alert, but not... tense. She felt as though their quarrel was over. Testing each other in a strange way that she couldn't explain as anything but instinct.

A slow smirk lifted the corner of Silennia's lips as Vermina looked her over; the hybrid girl not replying to the compliment.

Her back straightened. "No," she said quietly, "I wouldn't take kindly to a separation." To any other girl her age, it would have seemed like a silly, obsessive statement. But here... it was different. Her eyes turned to Keiran. Sapphire pools held adoration and love toward the man, among other things that she couldn't explain, no matter how hard she tried. Smiling a little when she saw it returned there.

Take care of Keiran. It almost made her laugh. Keiran had been taking care of Silennia so far; how could she possibly do what he did for her? Had he not interfered with the fight between her and his mother, she most likely would have died. He pulled her away from the place she called home. Made her his. Went into a nest of vampires not only to find his sister, but Silennia's friend as well. How could she ever return that kind of favor? How could she take care of him the way he did her?

Instead of saying anything, she pressed her lips into a thin line and nodded.

Her body tensed, black wings flaring defensively and without warning as Vermina stepped forward and clasped a hold of her hand. Sapphire eyed stayed pure in color, and even then, it had merely been instinct. That word was coming up too often for her taste. Not having any control over half of the things she did anymore, because of the path her blood had taken.

She almost didn't hear Vermina's words about ensnaring him. Something that irritated her, although she didn't let it show as those wings slowly, cautiously lowered. Feeling a draft against her back where they'd ripped two slits into the back of the dress; still armed with a sharp talon-like feature at the crests. Ruining a perfectly beautiful dress. She listened, however. Take care of her, too. An interesting and rather abrupt change from the way Vermina had acted only hours before.

Hearing her blood-father's name caused those wings to quiver, and she looked back at them slightly before closing her eyes. Feeling Vermina's presence leave before opening them again. Black wings out of sight in just seconds. She stood without speaking and walked briskly over to Keiran before burying her face against his chest and wrapping her arms up around his neck; tightening them a little as if to hold him there for a few moments longer than necessary.

A heavy sigh escaped her. "I think it's time to go home." Turning her head to the side to look at a jacket that she wanted to grab, to cover the slits in the back of the dress and ease the chill of the air outside. Deciding now that she needed to learn more about what exactly was responsible for what and who she was becoming.

What the hell did Vermina mean?

------------------------------

Leghadema didn't say anything for a while. Only listening to Mina talk.

"I suppose it depends on your definition of monster," she said finally; quiet enough to where if one hadn't been paying attention, they wouldn't have heard her. She smiled faintly at Mina. "You're speaking to one now, aren't you?"

Laughing at the notion of the humans being nothing more than children. It was true in so many ways. "Ignorance is bliss." She sipped at her glass slowly. Feeling her daughter's restlessness from the other side of the world. "Sometimes..." Her gaze seemed far away, but she was only looking at the wall. "Sometimes I think it would be better to live as short as they do. To not have to witness so much tragedy. They aren't responsible for how the world hangs in balance. All they care about is the way they live. They never care about what happens after they die, or just how tasking it is for a new soul to be born." She sighed quietly. "Sometimes it's nice to feel human."

Just... what had gotten into that woman? Standing by the door, he'd watched his mother's strange behavior, hearing her words. Take care of him? The thought was humorous. So far, he felt as if he'd done a decent job in tending to himself and Silennia both. Why would she feel the need to say such? Was it because despite being what she was, deep down, she was still a mother? Those last words playing in his thoughts as Vermina departed. Feeling as if somehow, she knew something that they didn't, and it left him tempted to chase her down.

However, before he could act on such a notion, or think it through properly, Silennia had walked across the room, resting her head against his chest and wrapping her arms around his neck. His arms coiling around her waist in response as he kissed the top of her head, voicing his agreement silently with a slight nod of his head.

Unhooking himself from Silennia's arms after a moment as he'd followed her gaze, grabbing the jacket and slipping it one over her shoulders, "Let's go."

Shutting the bedroom door behind him, the lock clicked into place from inside of it's own accord, causing Keiran to smile a little. It was unpredictable as to whether or not he would return here again. Easily, another century could pass before the need to would arrive. Guiding Silennia out, he paused at the main entrance, glancing back over his shoulder to spot Vermina's form manifesting at the top of the stairs, her arms crossed against her chest. Offering a half-wave to her son as she watched him slip outside without another word.

She'd asked Silennia to take care of Keiran for a specific reason, though it was unclear to the pair. Having seen the runes that had etched themselves across Keiran's skin the night before... While the boy resembled his father greatly in appearance, never had Vermina seen any of that man's power in her son... until the previous night.

Over four-hundred years, and only now had it awakened.

"How curious..."

--------------------

The drive to the airport seemed to pass by much quicker than the drive in, and before long, Keiran was guiding Silennia through the crowd, managing to purchase tickets on the next flight back to the states. Roughly a hour later, they were safe and secure on their flight, Keiran seeming quite satisfied, letting Silennia have the window seat like before. Now, all that was left to do was wait their flight out.

-------------

Blinking at Leghadema's comment, Mina pursed her lips a little, "I've... never thought about it like that..." Frowning a little, "I would be afraid to die after only living such a simple short life." She muttered, shaking her head slowly, tipping the glass back as she took a swallow, emptying the last of her wine, "... then again, nine hundred years or so isn't really that long of a life for a demon, either. I've barely even spent any time in the demon realm. Maybe just a few trips when I was a kid, but that's it. Not that I want to hang out there. Everyone around there is cut-throat for the most part. Very unpleasant. It's no wonder demons are always trying to cross over into the mortal world."

Setting the wine glass down on the table, she yawned cutely, "... I'm practically a baby still." Picking up a piece of cantaloupe, she popped it in her mouth, chewing it up, rambling on at this point, but it seemed that she had calmed quite a bit, enjoying the conversation with Leghadema... even if it had taken a dark turn.

The gesture of Keiran grabbing her jacket allowed a smile to form on her face, not looking back as they exited the manor. There was nothing left for her to see, and she was rather looking forward to going back home. Remembering once again that she still hadn't heard from her father, Richard. He said he'd call in a week -- how long had it been? She couldn't even remember, and decided to let it slide. There was no telling with him. Especially if he had found work and had busied himself. Who knows? Maybe he'd checked himself into a rehabilitation center and was trying to clean himself up. Silennia loved the man dearly -- much like a daughter would -- but she'd learned to detach herself from worrying about him unless it was for profusely long periods of time.

The car ride and beginning of the flight was rather quiet and uneventful. She curled curled up against Keiran in her window seat, and although both of them had slept, a wave of pure exhaustion washed over her as if she'd run a hundred miles within minutes. Allowing her eyelids to droop, but not tired enough to sleep; just to be limp against him. "Do you think it had to do with those markings?" The girl felt as if she didn't have to specify, and traced her fingertip along where the design had shown itself the previous night on his arm. Crossing her legs daintily with her head against his shoulder, pulling his arm into her lap.

A growl in her stomach reminded her that, in the entire time she'd been there, she had eaten only once. Frowning at the airline menu that was tucked into a back pocket of the seat in front of her. Before, Silennia ate often. She never skipped a meal, and often didn't go a day without eating several large portions. But now, with her body's changes, it didn't seem important. She added up that her tiredness contributed to the fact that she was eating less and less as well. There was no telling what her body did or didn't need anymore with its recent changes, and found herself feeling nervous at the fact that there was a very real possibility that her wings would reveal themselves against her will if something happened on the plane.

That would be fun to explain.

Her pulled her finger through Keiran's and shut her eyes, still not sleeping, but rather listening. Curiously wanting to know what he thought about what had happened in their short visit, but not bold enough to come out and ask directly.

-----------------------------

Leghadema still seemed quiet. "Never a place I want to visit again," she stated bluntly.

Abigor had taken a soul that, ultimately, had not been his to take. Luring the valkyrie further into his own little trap, as he'd taken it from under her. It had been her responsibility to get it back. Never before had they experienced problems with demons when it came to the souls, and at first, she thought it had been a simple mistake. Souls stayed dormant, after all, until specifically awakened by whatever creature had taken them, and she could physically feel that the soul was still at rest.

How odd it had been.

She returned to the present and smiled at Mina. A real smile; an expression that was rarely seen by many. "I forget how time passes here," she said softly. "Since you've spent so much of your life here... it would be about that, yes. In what the humans call-- well, what some of them call Valhalla, time passes quite oddly." She couldn't remember off of the top of her head how different the times were and how they were measured, but the thought of it was enough to keep her smiling. Remembering a tiny creature kicking at her belly; knowing that it would be millennia to Abigor in his cozy little spot in hell.

Could she trust this succubus? It felt like an eternity that she had placed trust in someone other than one of her own kind. Many did not know the legends pertaining to Valkyrie, and it was typically never stated willingly. Only in some of the oldest literature, that of the vikings, did humans refer to them as Swan Maidens. Beings that could spend time in the mortal world as swans. Although it put them at a dangerous disadvantage when they decided to do so. If a Valkyrie was captured, by a law that was within their very blood, they had to provide three wishes. Each Valkyrie was different when it came to what wishes they could grant, but Leghadema was incredibly powerful.

The precise reason Abigor had chosen to take the soul she was destined to claim, so that he could capture her. One of his wishes forcing her to have his child, but keep it between worlds and cut off connections with it. He had hoped for a boy... but a girl was just as well. Especially considering that only a female could inherit the valkyrie traits of the mother.

With his head laying back against the seat, amber hues cracked open slightly at the question that greeted his ears. At first confused as to why she would ask such a question, until he realized that she mused have been thinking about Vermina had said to them before their departure. It was a interesting thought, and he frowned slightly, pondering the question for a moment before finally answering softly, ".... that very well could be possible." He remarked, feeling her finger trace against his skin in remembrance of where those runes had crawled across his skin the night before.

Surely that demon knew something that he didn't. She was, after all, the only one who knew the identity of Keiran's sire. The only one who knew what flowed through her son's veins. A secret she had kept to herself, always changing the subject or offering another cryptic response whenever Keiran had asked her. Why did Vermina feel the need to keep such secrets?

"... I've never seen those marks before... until I met you, Silennia." His voice was quiet as he said it, closing his eyes again, "I don't even have the slightest idea what they are, or why they've started appearing only now. I'm not exactly a newborn, after all." Indeed, four hundred years was only a blink of an eye to a demon, regardless of species, but it was more than enough time for a demon's spawn to grow and reach maturity.

-------------------------------

Curiosity sparked in the girl's eyes when Leghadema spoke of Valhalla. Very much resembling Adriel in that moment when it came to his almost naive interest in the world around him and things that were new to him. Still absently picking at the fruit on the plate as she listened, Mina's interest caught, "What's Valhalla like?" A innocent question as it left the girl's lips, but she seemed to think better of it, "... not that you have to tell me if you don't want to."

To think that so many different planes of existence lingered... it was interesting indeed. From 'Heaven' to 'Hell'... to Valhalla, and this world... It left Mina pondering just what else was out there, just out of reach or sight. In the past, on the occasional rare occasion, she had heard Adriel speak of Heaven, but the angel was always quick to change the subject.

Though, she understood the reason.

Silennia smiled almost bashfully, although it was inappropriate for the situation. She kept his hand in her lap and vividly remembered the runes that had crawled across his skin; precisely what design they were. It was all vivid, as if she were looking at the markings although they weren't there.

At his newborn remark, a devilish smile curled her lips upwards into a smirk. Running her hand slowly along his leg, upwards, and breathing a mock gasp. "No, I don't believe newborns know how to use what they have." Using her fingertip to teasingly run against his inner thigh before abruptly pulling away as if she hadn't even given him a second thought.

There was an unmistakable feeling deep within her belly that silently told her that her fight with Vermina was an elimination test. Finally understanding that she needed to become stronger in order to fight through what was happening to her. Knowing too well that something worse was on its way. But what was it? Her entire demeanor changed rapidly; going from playful to worried in a matter of a minute. Sapphire eyes tinted with flecks of purple, though not aggressive.

"Keiran, I'm really scared." The first she'd admit it to... well, to anyone. A rush of emotions flooding up so fast that her eyes burned, blinking back the moisture that threatened to spill over in them. She wasn't scared just for herself. She was scared for Keiran. For Korina, for Damien. For the woman she had yet to meet -- her mother.

It was barely a half hour into the flight and she already felt restless and caged.

-----------------------

Leghadema thought about Mina's question. She didn't mind answering it, it was just a matter of putting it into words that the succubus would understand.

"It's beautiful," she said finally. "The outside is wispy and fogged, but there's light coming in from a place you can't see. There are no shadows. You walk down a path toward grand gates, and a place that looks almost like a castle. And there are stones on either side of the path." She smiled and closed her eyes. Remembering; describing as if she were walking the path as she spoke.

"The stones whisper to you. Happy times, lovely places. Some of them dance and sing. You can't quite feel the ground at your feet, but you know it's there, holding you up to keep you going along the path." A pause, inhaling. "Flowers and the feel of feathers guiding you. You get to the doors and they open without any thought. You can never tell where they'll open to. Sometimes it's a dining hall, with endless mead, honey, bread and meat. Sometimes it's a field of daisies and roses and marigolds and snapdragons. Sometimes it's--" Blue eyes snapped open, and a sad expression came over her.

"Sometimes it's the sight of children playing."

She stood and ran her fingers through her hair, as if to compose herself, before moving around the side of the bed to peek out of the curtains there. The glass window radiated the cold temperature outside, but for once, she didn't seem to mind. It helped her get back on track. "That's for the valkyrie, though. For the men and women that fight valiantly and lose their lives, the souls that we collect, usually it's endless drinking and food. Games and laughter and falling asleep with a mug of mead that never seems to empty. Friendly brawls and tossing bones to dogs. Warm furs. They never really understand that it's never-ending, though. Some of them do. Very few. I've only seen a handful. And they come to a state of consciousness that's similar to what the valkyrie have. Suddenly they can pull up happy memories and immerse themselves in them."

Leghadema still faced the window, not wanting to show the succubus the emotion clearly written on her face. "Nothing is an illusion there. Nothing is fake. Everything comes from an experience we've already had."

So often, those doors opened to her laying in another valkyrie's lap. White wings all around her. A blue sky and thick grass. Wildflowers consuming her sense of smell. The sound of a stream flowing loudly nearby; wind pushing long hanging willow vines around. Looking down and seeing a very pregnant belly, smiling as the child within squirmed about.

Oh, how she missed it.

A smirk twitched into the corner of Keiran's lips at Silennia's comment, a spark of excitement riveting it's way up his leg when her hand teased against his thigh, amber hues snapping open, nostrils flaring just slightly as those eyes snapped towards Silennia- then, shifting in discomfort at the sudden pressure against his pants, his fingers flexing against the arm of the chair he was settled in as he eyed her.

Such a tease.

Though, at her next words, such thoughts of arousal faded slightly. A soft sigh sounding from him as his hand snaked across the chair arm, his fingers coiling through hers and offering a reassuring squeeze, "It'll be just fine, Silennia..."

Though, after a moment, the silvernette leaned over a bit, his left hand reached up, tipping Silennia's head towards him as he seemed to change his mind about how he wanted to answer her, "On second thought, halt den mund und küss mich." Closing that space between them before she could react or respond, kissing her deeply, pulling away quite abruptly after a moment as he breathed into her ear softly, "When this plane lands, I'm going to ravish you in ways you've only dreamed of."

With those words, he sat back, that smirk of his never once faltering.

Not offering a single kiss more.

-------------------------------------

For a moment, one perhaps could have forgotten that Mina was a demon's spawn. The girl settled on the bed, listening to Leghadema with bright, curious eyes. Like a child who had immersed herself in the tales of far away places that she could only dream of. Though, that moment would be short-lived as Leghadema fell silent once more, the red head yawning a bit.

How exhausted she suddenly felt.

Remembering more of the draw-backs of her father's mark. Without it's interference, sleep was something that was almost optional to the succubus. It allowed her to conserve precious energy, but it wasn't necessary. Until now. Lacking the surplus of energy that flooded her body. Leaving her feeling sleepy.

"It sounds quite beautiful there." Having sprawled over onto her belly at some point, Mina rested her head in the crook of her arm, her expression growing dark after a moment, "A world with no lies... I can't decide whether that would be nice or boring."

Keiran's words were surprisingly reassuring. What he said afterwards... she bit down hard on her lip. That kiss leaving her body tingling in tender places. She nudged him with her elbow before leaning over to gently press a kiss to his neck; fingernails digging into his leg a bit. Touching the edge of his mouth with her index finger as a rather mischievous smile turned her features. "Is that a promise?"

Just then a flight attendant slid by, eyeing the two cautiously and asking if they wanted anything. At first, Silennia went to shake her head, but instead asked for something from their alcohol stock. Her empty stomach would assure that it would hit her harder and faster, but with her anxiety up so high, perhaps having a few of the small drinks and relaxing wasn't such a bad idea. She leaned her head against Keiran's shoulder as she waited, and within no time had downed three of the tiny bottles.

She wasn't sure how much time had passed when she woke up. Hell, she hadn't even realized she had fallen asleep on Keiran's shoulder. Only opening her eyes at the sound of the captain's voice, saying that they were going to land in about twenty minutes; apologizing for the hour delay due to wind turbulence.

Wind turbulence?

She lifted her head from his shoulder and felt wrinkles in her skin from the material of his shirt. "Ravaging might not be such a good idea," she murmured with a half-smile. "I'm still exhausted." Although she hadn't wanted to admit it to herself, Keiran simply had taken too much energy out of her. On the other hand, he'd been literally starving. It didn't help that she'd gotten into a fight with Vermina less than a day later and grew wings.

Silennia almost laughed out loud at that. It sounded like something straight out of a fiction novel.

She rested her head against Keiran until they had landed and got off the plane, frowning down at the dress she wore. How inconvenient. The one time she wanted to walk around without any cares was the one time she willingly wore such a fine-fitting gown.

They'd taken a cab to the airport, so it was only fitting to take one back. It was early evening here. An easy half hour later, and Silennia was heading up the stairs to her apartment. Finding the door locked. "Glad I have my keys," she muttered. Upon opening the door, she stood rather still to take in the scene. Someone had come in and cleaned the entire place. The couch had been completely replaced with a similar one, and she could tell with a single glance that it also folded out. Two matching recliners sat in the livingroom. The smell of cleaning product still tart. Stepping inside, Silennia noticed that the window had also been replaced.

It was cleaner than when she and her father had both moved in; setting the keys down slowly on a table next to the couch as she moved gingerly around the apartment. Eventually, she found two notes on the kitchen table.

Call for info on Korina, said one. It was signed R.

The other was a bit longer.

You'll be wanting to move out soon. This is no place for you to stay in your condition. Pamphlet on counter. Had the place cleaned so it's easier to rent. Less grief on your part. Be out by the end of the week.

This one was signed A. Silennia grit her teeth together. Abigor. Certainly it was the one that sired her. Of course he would know what changes she was going through, and he had a point: if she were to successfully go through them, it could not be in this apartment.

It was then she noticed smaller writing toward the bottom. Give Keiran my thanks.

-------------------------------------------

"It's home." The Valkyrie said nothing more, only gently resting her hand against the redhead's back for a few minutes. Leghadema had stayed near Mina for a little while before moving out onto the couch, unsure if the succubus was going to fall asleep or not. She, on the other hand, slept on and off in short spans of twenty or thirty minutes. Odd how Damien had not returned yet. Or Adriel for that matter.

She felt Silennia's presence strengthen, telling her that her daughter had arrived back home. Perhaps it was time to visit the girl.

After a bit of contemplating, she tugged on a jacket and peeked in to check on Mina before slipping out; wanting to walk for a while instead of relying on the taxis. She felt that they weren't safe, and most of the drivers spoke a language that she was familiar with but couldn't completely understand.

The end of the flight greeted Keiran's ears. Finally. While planes were convenient for traveling, being stuck inside of a metal tube in the sky had never quite set well with him. It was confining. Like a steel prison.

Feeling Silennia when she stirred awake at the announcement, chuckling softly at her remark. Well aware of Silennia's condition, considering that he was responsible for her weary state, "I promised you a ravaging." He mused, "I'm not the sort to make a promise I don't intend to keep, you know." His tone teasing as he spoke, "Though, if you insist, I can always wait."

Shortly, the plane had landed, and they were back. Keiran seeming to fall in line after Silennia now that she was back on familiar ground, shadowing her the entire way back to her apartment. The incubus wrinkling his nose a bit at the scent of cleaner, never once taking his eyes off of Silennia as she took in the sight as well. Someone had been busy here in their absence, that much was evident.

Circling the apartment, he paused in the kitchen, his gaze trailing towards the notes that had been left. Skimming over them just before Silennia too took notice of them. Golden hues narrowing just slightly at the last note. The pair of them both seeming to quickly understand who had left it behind.

Thanks?
What did Abigor mean by that?

"Fix one problem, and then another emerges." He muttered lowly, letting Silennia have enough time to read the note before crumbling the piece of paper up and throwing it absently into the trash. There was something else troubling him, however, and throwing the note away did little to settle his feelings of unease. Realizing with sudden clarity what was bothering him so.

Where was Mina?

He couldn't sense her at all, when she should have been like a burning torch among the weaker presences of the humans who choked the streets. Making no comment to Silennia on the matter. Perhaps she had moved on? Mina was most certainly the impatient sort.

Such thoughts being waved aside as he turned his gaze to Silennia, "You should get some rest."

-------------------

By time Leghadema had left the apartment, Mina was still stretched out on the bed, having fallen asleep. Rolling over onto her back at some point and finding her way beneath the bed covers. Not even so much as stirring when the Valkyrie left the apartment.

Silennia moved around the space a little while longer, feeling irritated. After all, it had been her furniture that her father -- or perhaps sire was a better word, she thought -- had gotten rid of. Something she grew up with. As soon as he swooped in and made himself known, helped bring out her lineage, he'd been a thorn in her side. How enraging.

She had pulled off the dress and moved around mostly naked, going through drawers and eventually just putting on an overly large shirt that nearly reached her thighs, when Keiran mentioned that she should sleep. The apartment was warm for it being winter, with ice clinging to everything outside. A quick look to the thermostat on the wall confirmed a comfortable 65 degrees. Usually it didn't get above 50 or so. Abigor must have fixed that problem as well. Still, she felt chilly enough to pull on a thin robe over her nightgown.

"I just slept for at least eight hours," she grumbled. Her frustration wasn't toward Keiran, but now she felt like a stranger in her own home, and she hated it. Although pure exhaustion lingered just at the edge of her. "Besides..." the girl turned on her heel and approached him, sliding a finger into his waistband. "I do believe you promised me something." Her thumb easily slipped to undo the button there, without her eyes leaving his. An innocent, "Whoops" following it.

Her body had changed. That much was certain. Unintentionally, she was more attractive. Built to have men yearn for her, as Valkyries were supposed to be pleasant to the eye. Easily approachable. She held more of an obvious hourglass shape since her odd transformation; visibly more even in every way. Skin had turned a shade whiter, into alabaster. Hair somehow managed to become darker with its own shine. To a human, everything about her screamed angel.

Except for her eyes.

Those bright, brilliant sapphire pools danced with demons. They spoke of sin and mischief, revenge and power, all while a single word hadn't escaped her lips.

Out of the blue, a knock on the door. How long had they been back? Certainly not enough for someone to realize. Unless, however, it was Abigor. Maybe Mina? The presence felt familiar and comfortable, so she went with the latter idea, and reluctantly pulled away from Keiran. Silennia tied her robe on her way to the door so that it covered past her knees, and she glanced back at Keiran with lips parted as she opened the door.

"Silennia wai--"

Incredible white light hit her, filling her up, causing her and the being outside to glow. No sound escaped her as she fell backwards against the carpet, completely limp.

-------------------------------

Leghadema made it there faster than she had expected to, and even lingered downstairs, feeling nervous. She had always watched Silennia in a spiritual sense; sending out her presence to try and keep her daughter safe. But it wasn't until recently that the girl realized what she truly was. Forcefully, at that, due to Abigor's little games. It was part of his wish to the Valkyrie so many years ago, however, so there was nothing to be done about it. She could not reverse what she had agreed to. No Valkyrie could.

It didn't take much strength to push the gate open against the rusty lock's resistance, and nobody was standing by to see her do it. There weren't cameras, either. Since when had she become so distracted that she didn't see how unbelievably crude this place was?

She went straight to Silennia's apartment door and looked around as if to make sure nobody would see her. Emotions she hadn't felt before were building up; tears pricked at her eyes. Leghadema heard Silennia move toward the door. Watched the handle begin to turn.

It occurred to her then that Silennia had made the transformation. She was part Valkyrie now. Truly part Valkyrie... and demon. When Valkyries met for the first time, their souls connected in a brilliant bout of light. It could kill lower-ranking demons and mortals if they witnessed it, permanently blind or maim them. Silennia wasn't full of either, and Leghadema felt as if her heart was thrown into her throat.

"Silennia, wait!" She attempted to move out of the way before the girl could see her, but it wasn't that simple. Their souls reached out to each other automatically. The light caused Leghadema to shield her eyes slightly, hearing the thud. It didn't last more than five or six seconds, and as soon as the light had faded, Leghadema was sitting on her knees next to Silennia, holding her head up.

The girl was unconscious; breathing erratic, and heartbeat even moreso.

Panicked sapphire eyes turned up toward Keiran, realizing that there was a possibility he may have been temporarily blinded by the light. Perhaps even worse. But he was strong; among the highest ranking incubi -- if not the highest ranking -- on the planet.

"Silennia," Leghadema cooed, trying to keep herself together, "Wake up. Come on. You're fine. You need to wake up." A pause. "Silennia, wake up!"

A familiar presence, then, and pure panic surged through her. Abigor's shadows dimmed any light in the place, and his entire being formed near where the two women were on the floor. His head tilted. "You have no idea how long I've been waiting for you to approach her," he sighed finally, and flicked his wrist toward the Valkyrie.

She was forced to release Silennia, and skid across the carpet. "What are you--?" Unable to finish as he lifted Silennia into his arms and stood defensively, bracing himself against what he knew would be an onslaught from Keiran. Leghadema was held at bay by his shadows, and she had no idea what he planned. But even with how strong he was, he could not hold the incubus back if he were attack him, at the same time as Leghadema. She struggled against the shadows brutally.

"What are you doing?" Her voice was frantic. He'd never seen her so panicked or livid.

"We had a deal," he said simply. "She goes through my trials. My tests--"

"Your games," she spat at him.

"--without any interference from you. Everything comes within due time. I need to..." he paused, shifting the weight of his daughter in his arms, briefly looking at her and noticing that Leghadema's skin was a porcelain alabaster whereas Silennia's was a shade or two darker. "... If she's as strong as I think she is, she'll survive." The conversation happened within a matter of seconds, and again he turned to brace himself.

With a faint flicker, those amber eyes slid across the form that approached him, mentally making notes of the subtle, yet obvious changes that had begun to make themselves known. While she had been beautiful before, now, he found her absolutely irresistible, meeting her gaze straight on as her fingers looped the edge of his pants. A smirk tugging at the edge of his lips. How he could have simply drown in those devilish eyes of hers.

"I did, didn't I?"

Leaning his head forwards, he caught her in a hard kiss, fingers twisting into her hair a bit, though, the sound of a knock interrupted him. Ending the kiss with a reluctance, a irritated growl sounding from him as his gaze flickered towards the door. Fixing the button on his pants as he caught up to Silennia, standing just behind her as the door opened.

What happened next caught the demon off-guard, a hiss of pain escaping him as he staggered back, shielding his eyes too late as white light seemed to consume everything, scorching the areas of skin exposed, causing him to fall back, twisting away from the source as he ended up curled against the floor on his knees. Quickly discovering that his eyes had been burned beyond use as he pushed up off the floor, moving towards the sound of a thump near him, pushing Leghadema away somewhat as he located Silennia, "What did you DO?" His tone cracking mid-sentence, somewhat in shock still as he tried to grasp what had just happened. Recognizing the other despite lacking his sight. He could smell her, feel her... The Valkyrie.

... but, Leghadema's presence became choked out and became insignificant to him as a new one made itself known. Familiar and chilling.

The incubus letting out a snarl as that demon moved for Silennia, not hesitating as he lashed out, claws extending as he struck for where he assumed Abigor's face would be, not caring for the chit-chat between the Demon and Valkyrie, ripping and tearing at any flesh he could find that belonged to the hell-prince, becoming even more enraged it seemed with every word that slipped from Abigor's mouth.

Keiran had managed to get a few solid blows on the demon before Abigor released his shadows briefly on Leghadema to slam the other man backwards. Blood dripped down Abigor's left cheek; his form shifting so that powerful wings cascaded outwards from his back. The Valkyrie had stood and advanced, only to be knocked down by black satiny feathers slamming into her. Shadows seemed to consume the entire room. And just as quickly as he came, he was gone. Silennia's presence vanishing with him.

Leghadema's skin tingled from Abigor's shadows, and she shivered at the sudden chill in the air. Silennia could tolerate it much better than she could, since the girl was half demon.

Silennia. Her daughter.

The Valkyrie looked at Keiran, then, and finally stood up once more.

She stepped toward Keiran with hesitation, remembering his name, but unsure as to how he would react toward her. Especially considering what happened when she came upon their door. The light could be seen as an act of violence.

"Keiran," she said softly, daring to approach. "It wasn't intentional. It... happens when one of my kind meets another for the first time. But she is not full Valkyrie." A pause, and she crouched near him, speaking even more softly. "As you are well aware." Now, she reached out toward him, slowly. "I can help that, if you'll let me." Referring to his eyes. It would still take time for them to heal, but blurred vision was better than stark white.

-----------------------

Abigor took his daughter into a rather dangerous place: the demon realm. However, it was his specific territory within the demon realm. Doors closed and opened up into different areas; tricks were played on the mind; senses were destroyed; hallucinations occurred. All of this and more. The demons here were dangerous enough for him to keep there so that he wouldn't be responsible for any destruction they may cause elsewhere. Some were locked away within the odd areas, while others roamed freely to torment who they wanted.

He controlled the areas, and could access them within his mind. So it was not surprising that he easily found a room for Silennia; entering and walking without hesitation as shadows formed to create a solid bed covered in silken sheets with thick blankets. Most of the realm was scorching hot, but he kept this part rather cold to keep the demons there in check. They moved sluggishly in cooler temperatures, and found themselves sleeping more. As he set Silennia down on the bed, small, imp-like creatures formed around her, chittering excitedly until he swatted at them and they dispersed into a green-tinted smoke. Their giggling still lingered, however, and Abigor chose to ignore them. He placed two fingers against Silennia's forehead and closed his eyes to concentrate.

Shadows snaked along her skin, leaving it paler than it was before. Her breath, which had been unreliable and quivering, now expanded into a full sigh from her.

Abigor sighed in relief and turned, only to be greeted by a shrill scream. His head whipped backwards, watching Silennia curl up into a ball and cough. Blood spurted from her lips, ran from her eyes, her nose, even her ears, in tiny, pooling streams.

He didn't seem too stressed about it, however, and only glanced toward the door, contemplating. When Leghadema set eyes upon her daughter for the first time after her true form revealed itself, it ripped into the girl fatally. The shadows engulfed her again, and she quieted long enough for the blood to stop streaming. He exited the room, leaving here there, unconscious.

As her eyes opened, though, they were blank. Unseeing.

Some time later, Silennia's dark hair splayed partly on her face, and she reached back with a groan to move it. Everything was black. Why was it so dark? Where was Keiran? What happened? Someone at the door. A pain in her head. A burning against her skin that was so intense she couldn't tell if it was from fire or ice. Nothing quite made sense.

She heard something, and turned her head toward the noise, blinking rapidly to try and force her eyes to adjust. She felt them dilate, but they were still unseeing. What..?

"Silennia." Abigor's voice rang out clear just in front of her, and she instinctively moved away from him, thudding onto the floor from falling off of the bed. A groan left her, feeling rather beaten up.

He sighed. "You can't see." Abigor said it as if to confirm a question she didn't dare voice. "Your--"

"Where's Keiran?" Silennia interrupted him, reaching out until she felt where the bed was, though, she stayed on the floor.

"With Leghadema. Your mother." Footsteps, quiet against the carpet but she still detected them and attempted to move away; unable to before his strong hand gripped her arm and pulled her up to sit her down on the bed. She pulled her knees up against her chest and wrapped her arms around them, listening to him pace in front of her.

"You need to learn how to defend yourself," he snapped suddenly.

She felt his anger from where she sat, and squinted as if to see better. It didn't work. "Why can't I see?"

He didn't answer her. "You're going to die, Silennia."

A cold wave of shock struck her with such force that she stopped breathing. Everything went quiet. He was no longer pacing or moving around. He had stopped to watch her reaction carefully. Once he was satisfied that she had heard him correctly, he continued. "Something happened to you when you set eyes on your mother. You probably didn't see her, or don't remember seeing, but your souls became connected." He rolled his eyes and continued to pace again, feeling impatient that he had to explain this to her at least so that she would understand what she would need to do in the following days. "Valkyrie nonsense. You're slowly going through changes. Much like a human child goes through a state in which they mature. Except... you, my daughter, have multiple stages to go through if you're to live. However these stages may kill you. This one..." he trailed off briefly. "This one will. But the point of it is that you survive anyway. You outrun death and claw your way back into life. It's the only way you will see again, the only way you can continue on."

Silennia was eerily quiet. Unmoving, unblinking.

"A week here is a mere day on Earth," he continued quietly. "It'll take days for him to heal. It will be weeks before he can come to save you." A darkness lay beneath his voice, causing her to shiver. Wings threatened to spread out from her back as a pure defense mechanism, but she feared what he would do to them, so she forced them to stay tucked out of sight. The warmth of his body was there, suddenly, inches away from her skin, and his hand reached up to catch her chin. "You will learn the ways of the demons," he hissed, "or I will kill you myself. I will not have my daughter take to their side more than my own." He straightened and stepped away from her, and she felt his shadows creeping across her skin.

Exhaustion swept over her, then. Sedating her. She couldn't help but slowly fall back against the blankets and curl up slightly, blinking at what she couldn't see but knew was there. Just before her mind went dark with unconsciousness, she heard her sire say, "You'll learn to dance to my tune, Silennia. Keiran will help me be sure of that."

Keiran felt his body get thrown back, catching himself as he tensed, about to charge after Abigor a second time, but before Keiran could act, the demon was gone... and with him, Silennia.

She was gone.

His head snapping towards Leghadema's location, turning towards her with a hiss when he sensed her step towards him, his lip drawing back against his teeth. Yet, despite his open hostility, he seemed to listen when she continued to approach, explaining herself. Not that it eased him any. No, it only stroked his anger towards her, forcing himself to bite his tongue. The incubus throwing a glare in her general direction when she reached out towards him.

"Why did you come here if you knew that?" His tone was accusing, his head craning to the side slightly as he stepped towards her aggressively, "I don't have time to sit here and be healed- do you realize where he took her?!"

He had to get her back.

That was the single over-whelming thought that circulated through him. He had to find her. He WOULD find her.

This was Leghadema's fault.

Those seared eyes narrowed towards her, Keiran well aware of where she stood. In his blindness, her energy felt like a torch to his senses, "You should have known damned well what would happen!" He snarled, abruptly lashing out, catching hold of the Valkyrie's extended wrist, using it to pull her forwards and slam her down into the floor. Brilliant glowing runes crawling across his skin as he shifted, claws coming down to dig into the center of her chest.

Not taking into consideration what he had just openly attacked.

Leghadema listened to Keiran yell at her. She didn't try defending herself from his words; there was no point when he was this angry. It wasn't something she wanted to provoke further.

How did Keiran know where he took her? The thought swam around in her head, but she didn't say anything. The only reason she herself knew was because it had been part of the arrangement years ago.

She was genuinely caught off guard as Keiran reached over and snatched at her wrist, allowing the breath to escape from her in the harsh movement of her back being slammed into the carpet. Those runes ever so vibrant; clawed fingers digging through her clothing and into her flesh.

"That is enough!" She pulled her knee against her chest and kicked him, hard; sending him back into a small table near the couch, which broke on impact with the incubus. White wings flared out dangerously, and she was on top of him with a blade to his throat. Silver and green with old Norse symbols beginning to glow as it barely touched the edge of Keiran's throat.

"Are you so ignorant," she snarled, "to think that I intended for this to happen? She is my daughter." Those massive wings stayed arched and spread behind her slightly as her sapphire gaze tore into him, while one hand gripped both of his wrists and held them tightly against his chest; laying halfway on top of him to restrict movement. Her other hand reached up to his temple, and a warm, soothing golden glow went from her fingertips and into his skin. "'Don't have time to sit here and be healed'," she mocked. "Child's play."

As soon as she was satisfied, she came away from being on top of him and took several steps back. It was a dangerous move, to allow him to see better after attacking her, yet knew it was the only thing right she could do in this situation. "I cannot go into that realm," she said slowly. "Not anymore." There was nothing that she could do but hope Silennia was strong enough to get through whatever Abigor was putting her through now. "I will help you as much as I can," she said a bit more softly.

Keiran's body rolled after smashing through the table, about to pounce again when she slammed into him before he had the opportunity, his back pressed against the floor, thrashing beneath her until the blade was drawn against his throat. Still seeming reluctant to let her heal him, his wrists twitching in her grasp as his hands clenched tight.

Burned patches of skin slowly fading away as that warm glow seeped into the demon's skin. The damage to his eyes reversing enough that he could at least make out Leghadema's physical form, sliding across the floor away from her as she got off of him, returning to his feet. The Valkyrie's shape blurred where it stood across the room. The damage wouldn't be permanent, but it would still take more time to fully heal... But it was as Leghadema had said, blurred vision was better than no vision at all.

"... you can't go into that realm, but I certainly can."

Slowly, he forced himself to relax, those runes still glowing against his skin. Keiran seeming completely oblivious to them, eying Leghadema with caution despite her offer to help, stopping abruptly as a familiar scent on her finally brought his attention, "... You've been near Mina recently. Where is she?" Like Silennia, Keiran couldn't sense his sibling's presence anywhere within the city. As if the girl had simply fallen off of the map.

Near them, the door swung inwards slightly, "Keiran? What the hell happened here-" Stepping through, Shiori made herself known, drawing the incubi's gaze as a sudden realization struck him, "Shiori, you're familiar with the demon realm, correct?"

The question seemed to catch her off-guard, glancing towards Leghadema suspiciously before she smirked a little, black hues shifting towards Keiran, "Of course." She answered, "Most upper-ranked demons have their own realms and territories on the other side, all interlinked, but separate depending on the reigning demon... Even I used to have claim on one of my own, in the past... Why?" Brushing raven-hued strands back behind her ear, she lifted a brow towards him, "Are you planning something reckless, Keiran?"

"I'll explain later." Once more, he looked towards Leghadema, repeating his earlier question regarding his sister, "Mina, where is she?"

Leghadema did not relax. It had already been too long; hours had gone by for Silennia whereas they were still within the same hour here in this realm. It was discomforting, and she didn't want to think about what Abigor would put her through. The tests were steadily getting harder, and she wasn't sure how many more there were. Silently hoping that they were almost done so that the girl could be left in peace.

But there wasn't ever going to be peace for her, would there? If she were to be with child, he would pop into her life again instantly and harass her for the nine months it took for it to reveal itself to the world. Leghadema wasn't sure how he would react if it were a girl. There may be a chance that he would leave it be, but... it was a very, very small chance. Gods help Silennia if it happened to be a boy. He would commence with releasing Hell on Earth if that's what it took to get the child at that point.

"Mina," she started slowly, but the front door opened, and those magnificent wings flared once again at sensing that the newcomer was a demon as well. Keiran seemed to recognize her -- enough to be on a first-name basis, at least -- so she slunk back to the other side of the room and kept quiet until addressed once more. "She's at Damien's home," the Valkyrie finished quietly. "Adriel did something. Bound her. Sealed her powers off." There was a slight pause as she shifted uncomfortably from foot to foot. "Abigor revealed himself to her... again." You can imagine how well that went, she wanted to say, but kept her lips sealed for the time being.

A glance at the clock told her that it had been almost exactly an hour since Abigor disappeared with Silennia. "Keiran," she said softly; carefully, knowing that what she was about to say could set him off into another fit of rage. "He's going to use you as much as he can, to hurt her. He doesn't see that it's hurting her. He just sees how he's making her stronger. And if she doesn't survive, then she wasn't worthy to be his heir to begin with." Leghadema looked visibly uncomfortable with saying this, and eyed him warily. "There are roughly seven hours there per one hour here. One week per one day. It'll take at least a day or two for your eyes to heal. Even longer to prepare for it."

"Sealed her power?" Keiran frowned, "That won't do at all." He muttered beneath his breath, stiffening just a little when Leghadema spoke up once more, explaining the event that had spurred Adriel to take such action against Mina. Without access to her own power, Mina would be nothing more than just a hinderence should anything else possibly happen, "Abigor is really starting to piss me off."

Gritting his teeth a bit, Keiran listened to the rest reluctantly, and after a moment's consideration, made up his mind on his next course of action, stepping towards the door, the female seemed hesitant for a moment before she sighed, "Adriel will have your head before you even proposition the idea of making a trip to the other side to Mina." A wild guess, but it was enough to make the incubus pause in the door way, glancing back towards her. So was there truth in it? Was Keiran really reckless enough to get Mina involved?

"Then I'll go alone-"

Before anything else could be said, however, Shiori's entire demeanor changed, black hues narrowing sharply as abruptly, ice wrapped around Keiran's ankles, preventing him from moving anywhere, seeing those dark wisps flicker against his skin, those runes flaring slightly. Parts of his body physically threatening to vanish-

"Don't you dare." Without further hesitation, Shiori caught hold of his face, shockingly strong considering the fact that she relied upon a human-host. Using a single shove as she slammed his skull back against the door-

Hard enough that the half-blind demon fell at her feet, letting out a pained groan until she struck him again- this time completely knocking him unconscious. Shards of ice dissipating into thin air once she was satisfied that he stayed put, "Just when I think he can't be any more of a moron." She remarked coolly, reaching down for him and lifting him up, supporting his weight across her shoulders. Not saying a single word to Leghadema.

When he came to, surely he would seek Mina out in a more sensible state-of-mind... So, setting her destination, Shiori dragged Keiran out of the apartment.

Eventually finding her way to Damien's door.

Leghadema stood to the side and watched the encounter between the two. Shiori seemed to be decent; a friend, perhaps. Briefly she wondered if Silennia knew her. There was a familiarness between the two demons that struck her as odd, but didn't speak up about it.

Her lips did part in protest as Keiran said he was going to go alone to the realm. Blind. Stupid. The black-eyed woman moved quickly however, and Keiran was soon subdued; unconscious on the floor. Her human body masked her true power, it seemed, but it was slightly frightening for her to take down an incubus such as Keiran so simply.

The Valkyrie followed them at a short distance, just a few feet behind since she was headed to Damien's. Although she didn't realize that's where they were headed until they were just a few blocks down from where his home was. Now, she picked up her steps so that she was walking next to Shiori, and opened the door for her before Damien could come to greet them. Motioning for the demoness to put Keiran on the couch.

Damien stood next to the island in his kitchen, eyebrow raised. "Leghadema, I didn't realize I had invited guests." He raised his eyebrows at her and clicked his tongue upon seeing Keiran unconscious. "Did Silennia hit his pretty head?" His hand was in a cloth, cleaning the inside of a glass so that it shined; examining it in the light and working on another one.

So he didn't know. "No," she murmured, studying him. He seemed clueless. "You didn't feel it..?"

Now his eyes narrowed a bit, questioning. "Feel what?"

There was a rather awkward pause, and her wings revealed themselves briefly to adjust before vanishing out of sight once more. "Abigor took Silennia." She waited, judging his reaction. Only he didn't react. He just blinked at her. "To the demon realm," she finished quietly.

Now he moved, but only slightly to lean back against the counter. "One of the final tests," he muttered.

"One of them?" demanded Leghadema. Sapphire hues flashed angrily, and her fists clenched at her sides.

He ignored her question and asked one of his own. "How long has it been since he took her?"

"Three hours," she answered after a brief glance toward a clock with roman numerals.

"So that's... twenty one hours she's been there so far."

A grim nod from the Valkyrie confirmed it. "Keiran... was blinded from the meeting. He was going to go and get her. Alone."

"Foolish," Damien muttered, but looked at the incubus as if he felt sorry for him. "I believe Mina is still here..."

-------------------

Twenty one hours. It felt much longer than that when Silennia woke, still in utter darkness. However, something had woken her. A familiar scent. "Keiran?"

It was definitely male, and everything about him told her that it was, in fact, Keiran. Arms wrapped around her on the bed, comfortingly, and the man shushed her quietly. She felt the tip of his nose trail from the back of her neck and along her shoulder. Something wasn't right.

It didn't feel like Keiran.

"I was worried," the voice said. It sounded like him. Smelled like him. The body felt right, but not the presence. Aura. She wasn't sure how to label it. A dark chuckle ripped up through the man's throat, then, and claws sank deep into her flesh as if to pin her in place. She heard a sickening noise, like flesh beeing peeled off of bone, in the direction where his mouth had been, but she wasn't feeling any pain other than his claws digging into her.

She moved sluggishly, but got a strong hold on the man and pulled away long enough for her wings to spread themselves; hooked arches moving forward and slicing open flesh. "Get off!" Her voice came out as a shriek, and the man hissed in pain. Silennia felt a ripple in the air, and although she could not see, she felt his form change. Instincts mostly took over from there, but it was difficult for her to cause much damage when he moved so quickly. His intentions weren't clear other than he was trying to harm her.

And then Abigor's voice rang out, clear as day, "Enough."

She didn't feel his presence there, either.

"That's enough, d'Leh," he instructed, and the attacks stopped. Footsteps moved to the other side of the room.

Silennia stood, unsure and a bit wobbly, panting with wings spread.

"The point of this is to learn," Abigor stated bluntly. His voice was sharp and hard. Silennia's body wanted to cower away from it, but her mind was strong enough to realize that she needed to stand up to him. She could not show weakness. "You'll become stronger," he started again, and began moving around the room to where the other demon was. "And if you don't, you'll die." A pause; a chuckle. "You'll die anyway. You have to, really, if you want to see the incubus again. But if you're strong, you'll come back." He took a step toward her, and she took a step back. "Death is not weakness, Silennia. Nor is pain or fear."

This wasn't what she had expected to hear. Really, the girl had no idea what to expect. What her sire had planned for her. The kind of emotional instability she was going to go through as the week progressed. That there was a large risk of her becoming insane, to the point that she had to be restricted into this realm alone. If that happened he would kill her instead of standing around to babysit.

All in all, Silennia was in for an enormous shock if she thought this was going to be a simple process. She would not -- could not -- bend.

Hearing her thoughts, Abigor smiled menacingly. "And what happens to things that don't bend, Silennia?"

The demon, d'Leh, snickered. Silennia realized she was bleeding from his claws, feeling faint from a foreign sensation that crept over her. Sick, suddenly. She stumbled to where the bed was and sat on the edge of it before pain seared through her. Poison? She had no idea. Nothing registered but pain and her heart pounding hard within her chest, causing her to gasp as her lungs faltered slightly.

Abigor turned, nodding d'Leh toward the door. "They break," he finished.

With that, Silennia was unconscious once more.

Not bothering to ask permission, Shiori dropped Keiran onto the first available couch she found, standing near as her arms folded across her edge. Always cleaning up this boy's messes, it seemed. Nearly five hundred years of existence, and it did nothing for the incubus. All of that power, and he had absolutely no idea how to put it to good use, it seemed.

It was almost pathetic.

Standing silent as the Valkyrie spoke with Damien. Simply listening until something in the doorway caught her attention, black hues coming to rest on Mina's form. How long had she been standing there? Whatever Adriel had done, it made Mina's presence nearly non-existent to Shiori's senses, as if a there was simply a hole where Mina stood.

The red-head shifting her gaze slightly, crimson clashed against black as she met Shiori's gaze. Smirking softly as she rested a hand on both sides of the door, that rose burning against her chest consistently as it tried to keep her suppressed, the edges of the petals seeming torn as the mark showed the first signs of deterioration. Slowly, but surely. That thought alone was enough to take Mina's thoughts off of the pain that felt as if the rose was physically burning into her flesh.

Soon, that seal would be broken, and when it was...

Well, she couldn't let her little brother go wandering into the hell-plane without her, could she?

"For the time being." Stepping out into the room as she spoke, coming to settle down by Keiran's unconscious form, "Poor little brother." She sighed, "Blind, stupid, and in lust." She cooed, "That's a rather bad combination, if I must say so, Keiran." Patting his arm, she stood up, "He'll get himself mangled if he goes into a place like that alone." She remarked, "He's never even been to the other side. He might as well be a baby wandering out into a intersection when he only wanted to reach the toy store on the other side."

Cross her arms across her chest, bluntly she said, "I'm going with him."

"Mina-" Shiori's voice cut out, shaking her head, "That's ill advised-"

"I know, I know." The succubus waved her hand at the black-haired woman, cutting off her words, "Abigor's territory, right?" She stepped towards Shiori as she spoke, "Demons who would love to skin me alive just because of who's blood runs through my veins. Another pretty head to their collection, right?" In a second, what had seemed to be almost a humored tone shifted into anger, "Low-life like that could only dream of laying their hands on me."

"... I'm not concerned about the lowlife. You know damned well what you should be cautious about." Shiori stood her ground, well aware that at this moment, Mina was more or less helpless against her, that rose glowing hot against Mina's chest as red hues narrowed, pain growing intense enough to bring a soft hiss from her. Something that caused Shiori to show a smirk of her own now, "What's the matter? Does it sting?" She sneered, stepping towards Mina as her hands came to cup the girl's face between her hands, "Look at you, no claws and no bite." Laughing, she let go, catching Mina by the wrist when the girl tried to hit her, "Keiran's clumsy and talentless, but you... you are reckless. Arrogant. Do you really think you'll be any help to him?"

Growling, Mina tried to tear her arm loose, but Shiori held her tight, laughing, "Do you really think you're any match against a demon like Abigor? Sweet, precious Mina, you'll break yourself with thoughts like that pumping through your little head."

Letting her go abruptly, Shiori watched Mina fall back into the floor from pulling back against Shiori's hold so hard. Shiori still laughing as she leaned down over her, tilting Mina's chin upwards, "I lost everything because of such arrogance, child." She sneered, "I had a body of my own. I was beautiful and strong... and then with a single mistake, all of that was ripped from me. I lost my servants, my flesh, my very freedom as a demon."

Straightening, she stepped away, "Now, here I am. In servitude to brats like you and Keiran." She spat, shaking her head, "Go, skip through Abigor's playground and see just what happens to you when he sets his sights upon you. You can't even stand to look at him without getting wet between the legs-"

Before more could be said, Mina was up off the floor, snarling and glaring towards Shiori with a murderous gleam in her eye before she turned, vanishing back to where she had emerged without a single retort, slamming the door behind her. A muffled scream of frustration sounding in Mina's wake.

Shiori shaking her head in disapproval, "Stupid girl."

-------------------------------------

The next day passed quietly. Keiran waking at some point, only to be scolded by Shiori when she caught him trying to sneak off. The demon seeming to stand guard over the two in attempts to persuade them against their decision... but Mina only grew more hostile than ever towards her, and Keiran continued to be stubborn, until finally, settling down to sulk as he rested more, waiting for his injuries to heal- more specifically, his damaged eyes...

But what little rest Keiran managed to secure was troubled and uneasy. Yearning for Silennia with such a intensity that it made his physical body ache. Her absence leaving him feeling empty... and thoughts of what sort of 'trials' she could be suffering through made him even more restless and uneasy.

His sight slowly returning, but for Silennia, already it had been a week... and tomorrow, two weeks.

Two weeks of damage that Silennia would carry with her for the rest of her life. However long and short that might turn out to be in the end. He couldn't stand the thought.

Mina, on the other hand, had spent her days sulking, enduring the mark as she concentrated on feeding her energy into it intentionally. Her knuckles white as she clenched her fingers into a fist. Oh, how it hurt, but the reward that would await her would be well worth it. Lips curving into a smile as she peered into a mirror, touching the edge of the fading petals. Half the rose having burned away, being replaced by pale white skin instead. Just a little longer, and she'd be free once more...

All she needed was for Adriel to stay absent just a bit longer...

All she needed was for him to treat her as a child... to under-estimate her. Tracing her finger absently against the base of her throat, a vicious smile tugged at the edge of her lips. All she needed was a mere moment of freedom, and she could slip into the hell-plane before Adriel would even be able to try and stop her.

Her hand falling away as she craned her neck slightly, peering at the reflection across her, "You won't be able to stop me from going, you know." She breathed under her breath- a test. Crimson hues watching for that tell-tale ripple that always gave Shiori's presence away-

But it never came.

Good. There would be plenty of time for the mirror-demon when the time came.

Soon. So soon.

She could feel it.

... and so could Keiran. In the morning, with the rising sun, he had felt it. Like being stuck by a wave, that empty space he had felt in Mina's place flooded with her presence. The door to the room she had been staying in swining open with a quiet groan as bare feet crept along the floor. The red head all but grinning as she pushed her hair back behind her ear, "Your eyes?"

A small smile touched his lips, "Good enough." With such a remark, he sat up, "Adriel's going to kill me for letting you get involved." He muttered absently, causing Mina to laugh softly, "What he doesn't know won't hurt him. If we don't waste time, we'll be back before he can even pop a vein."

Such a naive thought, even for Mina. Surely she didn't really believe it would be so simple...? No, there was something else on her mind. What was she up to?

Silennia was dead.

Her body lay limp, bleeding out from vicious slices along her flesh. Three demons circled her in a predatory manner, one of them curling his lip back to snarl at the body in the center of the floor. Two other demons lay dead, only inches from her.

Her heart no longer beat, her lungs no longer pushed air. Her brain wasn't even functioning. The body was a shell, yet... she lingered. As if she were hovering just above them, able to see herself and the demons that were slowly, gingerly advancing toward her flesh. Why were they acting so... cautious? She was dead.

Her sight was blurry, and the tint of the room was ever-changing. Pea-greens with milky purple, then black, cascading into red and burrowing into a deep blue. The forms of the demons were fuzzy, as if looking at them through thin wax paper. Their auras jerked and shifted this way and that while their bodies hardly moved. Two two dead demons were solid masses of black, unmoving and unable to radiate any kind of color.

In the two weeks since being confined in the realm, Silennia had managed to fend for herself a great deal. After that strange encounter with d'Leh, she had woken up more alert than ever. Several times demons had come into the room, cooing words that sounded as if they came from Keiran's mouth, trailing his scent, even matching the way his fingertips had brushed against her skin.

She felt terrified about the first two that she killed; terrified that it was truly Keiran. But then, once they were dead, that illusion would fade away until she felt how different they were. The entire time, she was unable to see, for a reason completely unknown to her. Abigor hadn't visited since that very first night.

Silennia was lucky to get an hour or two of sleep before something would come creeping or crawling in, and now, two weeks later, she found it ultimately impossible to detect if the demons invading her space really were the incubus or not. Of course, not all of them would play dress-up. Within those weeks she did learn. That was Abigor's plan, wasn't it? Force her through trials. Make her learn.

He had even said that she would die. But what else was it he said..? She tried to focus, squinting hard at the hazy figures below her, trying to remember. As the minutes ticked by, it was harder and harder for her to stay on track. She was slipping toward something, something warm and soft and whispery, like a lullaby, and damn how she just wanted to bathe in the feeling.

She silently screamed, causing the room to violently shift color again in her strange vision. A soul, really, hovering above, undetectable by these demons. The longer she was away from her body, the harder it was to remember how to get back.

... How do I get back..?

STOP.

Again, the colors wheeled around, like a psychedelic experience gone wrong. What was it..?

Keiran.

Abigor was using him against her. The scent of him, the feel of him, made her stomach twist in a feeling she'd never quite experienced before. Using her own feelings against her, until, finally, she ultimately gave up. She knew there had been five demons in the room. They entered as she slept, but their presence had woken her. Immediately, she'd been on edge. But there he was, in his glory, although she could not see him. And she was so exhausted that she wanted to believe nothing more than the fact that it was Keiran. The voice was the same, the scent, the touch. The demon had placed a kiss against her forehead, and it pained her to remember what he said.

"I've been looking for you for days, I'm so sorry. I should have never let Abigor take you. It was an accident, I didn't know what was happening. But you're safe now." At that point, his arms had held her so protectively, that she melted against his chest. The facade went on for a minute or two longer before two demons were suddenly there, on top of her, clawing at her clothes with screaming shrieks.

The last bit of trust she'd held, and it was gone. Ultimately, it was the cause of her death. At first, when they'd began to claw at her, she felt nothing but pure confusion. Before that point she'd been able to tell if it were truly Keiran or not under a minute. How long had she let this demon hold her and comfort her? Nearly twenty long, warm minutes.

It amazed her to think about how quickly she was able to identify the threat after they'd began to attack. The first demon was the easiest to kill, most likely because she was stronger from a few hours' sleep. The second one took a great deal more effort. All the while, sensing the demon that was masquerading as the man who had claimed her pretty little heart.

Once the second demon was dead, she was able to cross the room toward Keiran's doppelganger. Her upper double set of fangs were fully exposed, and her nails formed and hardened into lethal weapons. One good swipe toward the figure and those nails dug into soft flesh, feeling blood seep around her fingers. The doppelganger snarled in a way that froze the blood within her veins. Not even Abigor had made her feel such fear.

It was all the other two remaining demons needed, and suddenly there was pain, so much pain. Her limbs were lashing out, and although she was wounding them, they didn't seem to show it.

Time seemed to move more quickly than it should, and she had begun to feel dizzy and disoriented. Her limbs felt heavier. She was breathing harder. Her heart was a little slower with each beat. The warmth of her own blood mixed with the demons pooled around her, as if it were a warm bath. One final slice into her flesh, along the side of her throat and down between her breasts, was the last thing she remembered as she started to choke on her own blood.

That lullaby feeling returned as she quickly went over the events of what had happened in her head. Tired. So tired. All of this pain and torment, for absolutely nothing. She thought she would be stronger than this, that she would last longer, that she would return to her normal life with her father in their too-cold apartment, that she would return to work as if nothing had ever happened. That wasn't her fate, though.

Neither was being dead.

With a surge of effort that made the room spin in her clouded sight, she let out a sound that could only be described as a battle cry. In that instant she realized that the doppelganger was an incubus -- just not the one she'd been hoping for. Pain lurched through her, experiencing a ripping feeling as she claimed her body once again. Immediately she coughed, realizing that someone's mouth was violently pressed against her own. The incubus, no doubt, attempting to claim the energy that was left within her. Since it was just his mouth pushed to hers, the energy transaction was slow. As soon as she'd coughed, he snarled again and backed away.

The other two demons followed suit, but none of them advanced toward her as she rolled onto her side to make breathing a bit easier. She squinted, realizing that her vision was now slowly, slowly returning to her. At least now she could make out the three forms several feet away. It didn't ease her mind much, however, to let her head loll enough to see just how much blood was pooled around her.

Was the puddle... shrinking..?

Her wounds were stitching themselves together, but the progress was like pulling molasses from snow. The three demons snapped at each other, though she couldn't quite make out what they were saying. It was obvious now that the incubus held as the alpha within this small group.

For several long, agonizing minutes, her wounds began to heal. They weren't disappearing completely, and it wasn't the minor injuries; the most fatal ones, the ones that were still gushing, were being the prime target of her body's resolve. More words were said among the three, and finally the lesser two advanced.

With a strength that Silennia was completely unaware of even being able to exist within her, she pushed herself off of the floor in a swift movement, easily dodging one of the two, just as the other circled around her and bit deep into the top of her shoulder. As Silennia used her elbow to shove him off of her, she turned, and noticed the inside of his mouth resembled a shark's, with several rows of all-sharp teeth overlapping each other. She was close enough so that she could see the strange expression in his eyes, although she didn't linger on it as her fingers wrapped into his hair and twisted his head sideways, just as she was pushing his body with her knee in the opposite direction. A sickening crack echoed through her ears, but unfortunately the move had only paralyzed him.

Silennia released him and turned just in time for the other demon to grab her throat and squeeze, pushing her against the wall. Her vision began to blur once more, coughing against the pressure, trying to claw at his hand. It only took her a few more seconds to give up on his hand and reach out at his throat, sinking claws deep enough so that her fingers curled around something there to let her rip whatever it was out of his neck. The demon let her go, clutching the flowing wound and taking a few steps back away from her. All the while, the incubus remained silent on the far side of the room.

She was able to reach into the wound of the second demon and felt her palm push against something, hard but slightly jagged, and she tugged on it with another strange newfound strength. He collapsed, gurgling for nearly twenty seconds before dying.

The first demon was still on the floor, paralyzed but very much conscious, and again Silennia used her hand as a weapon; sinking claws into the flesh on the side of his neck and ripping outward, ultimately tearing his jugular. She then repeated what she did to the second demon, and reached back far enough to pull out the muscles in his throat, including his larynx. He twitched and gargled a bit longer than the other, but she knew he was no longer a threat, and decided to finally turn toward the incubus in the room.

Since he was a good ten feet away, she couldn't quite make out his expression, but she could clearly see his body language. He seemed... relaxed. Amused, even. They stared at each other for a solid minute, and she could feel his eyes trailing along her body and linger on where her clothes were torn. She was absolutely caked in blood. It matted her hair, stained her hands, and she was still soaked with the substance from lying in a pool of it. It was smeared across her face, even steadily trickling down in one spot to the side of her eye.

Her wings had remained hidden during her entire time within the realm. Although they were black, their inheritance had ultimately come from the Valkyrie side of her rather than the demon, and so they could not come out. Not even if she tried to force them.

Sapphire hues narrowed, turning a deep purple, almost black, with flecks of crimson that looked like drops of blood on a raven's back. He did not look like Keiran, and although he had the stature of a man, his face was slightly contorted. Hadn't someone mentioned that to her? That incubi were typically small, disgusting-looking creatures with skewed proportions in their limbs and daunt, greedy faces. This incubus seemed to have both traits, although they leaned more toward the human-looking ones. She still saw the vile, deformed creature there, though.

The staring contest went on for another thirty seconds. Finally, with a soft chuckle, the demon took one step forward.

"Adriel, just what are you doing?"

That sultry voice rolled across his ears like a poison, causing the figure knelt at the edge of the roof flinch, rising to his feet as crimson fluttered out of sight, turning sharply towards the shadowed figure that had joined him so abruptly- unmistakable even with her face covered by the shadow of her hood.

"Vermina... I wasn't expecting you here. How unpleasant."

Painted lips widened into a smirk, "Miss me?" She cooed, taking a step forwards, pushing back her hood to expose her face completely, loving the way Adriel tensed at the sight- but chasing Adriel for once wasn't her main concern... no, there were more... 'fruitful' things to become involved in.

"Where did you leave your little girl this time, Adriel?" She mused softly, coming to stand at Adriel's side, feeling his gaze upon her the entire time- wary of her. Rightfully so. Though, as Vermina's words seemed to sink in, his gaze shifted abruptly back over his shoulder, "What did you do-"

"Nothing." Vermina jumped back instinctively as Adriel aggressively turned on her, black wings catching her as she was completely suspended in the air, almost seeming to dance right off the edge into the air, "No, I've done nothing." She laughed softly, "But neither have you. What are you after? Why do you waste time? Hanging on top of buildings like a overgrown pigeon? You truly under-estimate that girl."

"Don't talk about her as if you actually care. What was she to you? A failed project?"

"A mistake, actually."

Vermina's words were cold, her smile just as chilling, "Until now, that is." She crossed her arms, "Right now, as we speak, her and Keiran are getting ready to make their move.... but what will that move be? Abigor is hardly a demon to trifle with-"

In front of her, Adriel back stepped abruptly. How did Vermina know all of this? Who had told her? Better yet-

Before his thoughts could race any further, Vermina move forwards, coming to stand on the very edge once more, those wings relaxing against her back as she smoothed back those long raven strands, "Keiran and Silennia came to visit me recently. It... well, it was unexpected. Amusing and childish they were, but..." Her gaze darkened slightly, "That girl is Abigor's heir, and Keiran has set his sights upon her."

"He's your son. I don't see how this concerns me."

Adriel's response made Vermina laugh, "Oh, but, darling, it does. Your precious Mina adores her little brother, but I hear Mina had a taste of something she shouldn't have~" Running her tongue across the bottom of her lip, she chuckled, seeing how Adriel grimaced at her comment, grinning as she continued, "Lusting after Abigor, of all demons-" Shaking her head, she sneered, "Do you really think a simple 'seal' will be enough to contain her?" Coiling her arms around his neck, she leaned up, nibbling at his neck, "She'll take Keiran straight to Abigor like a obedient little blood-hound... My problem is your problem too, you see?"

Ah, as much a venomous snake as ever. Vermina hadn't changed a bit, but then again, it hadn't been that long since their last meeting... one that had left the same woman who had tormented and fed off of him for hundreds of years in quite bitter condition... not that it seemed to affect her much at this moment in time... no, she was strong. Healthy. Obviously, she had been feeding quite generously in the time since he had departed. Waiting for the opportunity to track him down... but now, what was her intention? Had she come here specifically to just taunt him? Threaten him? Her problem was his? Mina couldn't enter the hell plane while under seal. It would be impossible.
So then, why had Vermina come if there was no threat? It was never so simple with this woman- Why come all this way just to mention Mina to him? He had the girl under control.Surely Mina wasn't capable of breaking the seal so soon-

Ah, but Adriel had been wrong many times in the past. Taking one more hard look at Vermina, he felt it the moment it happened. Knew exactly what had happened, and without another word, he shoved Vermina right off the edge of the roof, her laughter trailing all the way down as she abruptly took to the sky, rising back up, the early morning light still much too dim for mortal eyes to really bother searching the sky.

Adriel already nearly out of her sight, all six wings having extended into sight. Truly, a magnificent sight that she could never tire of. Licking the tip of her finger, she turned away, laughing, "Too late, Adriel~"
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-What he didn't know wouldn't hurt him

Mina should have known better than that. Of course it wouldn't take long for him to notice that her seal had been broken... Ah, but there was still enough time to take action before Adriel arrived.

"We have to go." There was a sudden urgency to her voice, catching hold of Keiran's wrist as she abruptly dragged him across the room, away from the door, "Mina, what the hell-"

Her moment of opportunity was rapidly slipping as she felt Adriel closing in, coming in her direction with alarming speed.

-How was she supposed to enter the hell plane under such pressure? Enter into Abigor's realm of all places? At the moment it all seemed foolish, but just as such a thought began to seep in, something caught her attention. There. She could feel it. Invisible to the naked eye, but she'd somehow managed to grasp it in her panic, latching onto that familiarly intoxicating energy that had so enticed her before-

Just as soon as she'd felt it, the door behind her burst open, Adriel not bothering with the handle, simply kicking it in as he stormed into the room, but he was too late.

A smirk danced across Mina's lips in that last split second, sticking her tongue out in a childish manner towards her father before right before his eyes they vanished into thin air.

That stupid girl.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Crossing over wasn't what Keiran had imagined at all. Shuddering violently as finally they seemed to have fully entered the realm, wide golden hues slowing taking in the sight before them, "Mina this-"

"Shhhh." Mina's hand clamped quickly over her brother's mouth, shaking her head sternly, "We don't want to draw attention to ourselves if we can help it, Keiran. Talk quietly." Letting go, she stepped ahead. It was dead silent. Unnerving. Not at all what she had expected- but then again, what was she expecting?

Demon territories were unpredictable, many arranged in a way that very much resembled a labyrinth... inexperienced as she was, she was at least capable of guessing that this territory must be set up in a similar fashion- right? Trailing her gaze across the walls, she noticed on each side of the room there was a door.

"Doors." A groan escaped Mina at the sight, "Why is it always damnable doors."

"What's the issue with the doors?" Keiran had started moving around on his own, walking towards one of them, reaching for the knob until Mina abruptly stopped him, "Not yet. Let me explain first. Any territory with doors is going to be a pain in the ass."

"That's... the best explanation you can give?" Keiran tilted his head towards her slightly, twisting the knob before Mina could stop him again, the door swinging inwards slowly, opening into a new room, "This doesn't seem so bad-" Before he could even finish the sentence, something from the other side of the door let out a snarl, reaching out through the entrance and grabbing a handful of Keiran's shirt, dragging Keiran half-way into the room before either of them could properly react. Mina moving in quickly as she caught Keiran's arm, pulling him back and sending a fist full of flames at the creature's face until it howled in pain, letting go, causing Keiran to jump back slam the door shut again, "What the fuck was THAT-"

Damien slept rather peacefully as Mina and Keiran planned their little escape.

It was the sound of his front door being shattered that ultimately dragged him from slumber. Even then, however, it took a few seconds to figure out what was happening. Sensing Adriel there, and Leghadema. Even Keiran and Mina. Yet suddenly the youngest of the four were suddenly gone. Their presences vanished entirely.

Leghadema had been curled up in a chair in the livingroom as Adriel stormed in. She'd been watching the two siblings, wanting to help, wanting to warn them just what would happen if they entered. But she couldn't. It wasn't her story to tell, and it was hard enough talking about Abigor's realm without her child trapped there.

Crimson was suddenly flying; red wings filling up the space where the door had just been. Large sapphire eyes widened further. She hadn't even felt Adriel approach. Were her powers getting weaker with her time on earth? Was she steadily being stripped of them?

White suddenly clashed with red, as she moved rapidly to place herself in front of Adriel with a look of absolute warfare glinting in pools of blue. Her large wings were spread behind her, placing her hand against his chest and pushing him back just slightly. Not having to look at Mina to know she had made some kind of expression toward her father. All children were the same.

Her chest was a hand length away from Adriel's, refusing to tear her hard gaze away from his face. "You can't protect her from him." She hadn't quite realized that the words were spoken aloud until she heard them echo within her own ears, and realized that the situation could turn very dangerous, very quickly, upon having said them.

Still, she held her ground.

Damien finally made an appearance, looking rather rough and ragged. Completely ignoring what was happening in front of him with the two. "Do you break EVERYTHING you GODDAMN TOUCH, ADRIEL? Have you heard of this marvelous practice called knocking?" Of course, he had no idea what had just happened, and truthfully, he didn't care. He said he would keep an eye on Mina until Adriel's return, but he certainly wasn't a babysitter, nor some beast to be put to guard.

It was then he noticed Leghadema's icy stare up at Adriel -- a full head and a half taller than her -- and her hand still pushed against his chest. Damien felt as if he would lose his mind if he didn't get answers. "What the fuck--" Leghadema removed her hand and took a step backwards. "-- is going on? Where did they go?"

Sapphire orbs held crimson. "Eligos' helvete," she murmured. Gehenna. Perdition. The Underworld. Tartarus. It was known by so many names.

Hell.

But specifically, "Abigor's hell."

----------------------------------------------------

Abigor's personal area certainly was unique, though others had taken a similar approach. Doors along the walls, sometimes one or two, five or six; there was no ending. Every single one of them led to a specific place... until they were closed and reopened. Then, it were as if rooms had shifted, though nothing had truly moved. If someone were to open a door and see a beautiful garden through it, that very same door could close and reopen to the screams of pain from tortured souls. Hundreds, if not thousands of different beings lurked within his game.

Now Mina and Keiran were a part of it.

---------------------------------------------------

The hell-prince grinned wickedly in the confinement of his room. He lay still, sprawled onto his back on top of thick blankets, telling himself jokes.

The little Phoenix has ruined all of my careful plans, he thought with a quiet laugh. After all, he kept his area, well, cold. Not freezing, but demons seemed to be unable to handle anything under fifty degrees fahrenheit. They turned sluggish and slow, most of them in an eternal hibernation of sorts. However, with Mina...

A daughter of Fire itself...

Well, she was bound to raise the temperature.

Allowing demons to thaw out and gain some of that endlessly stored energy... as well as giving those same demons someone to unleash their energy upon.

He hadn't seen Silennia since her first day, because there simply wasn't a point. She would either die here, or come out alive. It truly was that simple, in his mind, though he felt the slightest pang of regret from not having pursued the urge to create more offspring, solely for the purpose of their chances in becoming his heir, should Silennia not survive.

He also felt that surely there was a reason he was bored with the idea. That perhaps his affairs with the beautiful Valkyrie had created his ultimate masterpiece.

A shame, really, that she wouldn't recognize friend from foe should she survive. He watched her, quite like she watched herself hovering unattached over her soulless body and ravenous demons. He felt her die, felt her come into her body, felt her regain her sight and felt her rage. The prince found himself silently urging her on, until he scoffed at the idea. This was her last fight with his dogs, having set them upon her to see how far she could run before finally fighting back. Down to just one. It was amazing, really, how she was alive at all. Nearly three weeks now with hardly any sleep, constantly fighting, constantly hungry and thirsty. In a state of permanent exhaustion and discomfort, yet she was still going.

Why? What's making her tick..?

It was a question that Abigor did not know the answer to, but he felt as though he'd find out sooner rather than later. To distract himself from the suspenseful situation of his daughter, he turned his mind back to the two newcomers in his realm. Laughing out loud when Keiran opened a door just to be attacked by a lower-ranked demon, woken from its slumber by Mina's radiating flame.

How far would she be able to go before giving in to the pull of her body towards the higher-ranking demon? How long would it be until her younger siblings' life was no longer a priority to her; until pure instinct took control of her mind and body and led her to him?

Surely this will be fun to watch.

---------------------------------------------------

There was a life in Silennia's eyes that forged a hunger in the incubus' belly. His smile was absolutely vile; half of his face sagged down several inches, and his jaw seemed to be completely dislocated, causing it to seemingly dangle and show off sharp teeth laid in at harsh angles. In a mess of dirty-looking hair, Silennia noticed two small horns as well.

The creature giggled and lunged toward Silennia, causing her to jump backwards slightly and make a snarling noise at him that she hadn't intended on. The sound probably would have frightened her if she hadn't gone through the past few hours alone. His arms were curled against his chest, snickering, and the noise made her want to claw at her ears. Like scraping glass against metal. It was then she realized just how absolutely disgusting this creature was. A parasite. Ugly, mangled, with three fingers on one hand and four on the other. Again, Keiran invaded her thoughts. He was the same race as this creature. Just a prettier version of it. It reached up to wipe at the blood from her mouth that was smeared across his face.

He advanced toward her again, looking insane. Rabid. Practically foaming at the mouth to get his hands on her again. However, he wasn't reckless. He'd obviously been the alpha of the other demons, and so she soon realized that every move he made was in his favor. He'd lunged, and she'd stepped back. He side-stepped, and she walked forward. It was almost a dance, and he was looking at her in a way that was distinctively distracting her.

It only took a few more minutes for her to realize that their dance was pushing her, ever so slowly, toward a door. One of three in the room, which had been set up very much like a bedroom. Except, she had already experienced the strange things when a door opened, closed and reopened. She knew that he had a better sense of what was behind this specific door than she did, because all she could feel was pain and exhaustion. Even she didn't know what was driving her to keep breathing, and for the moment, she simply didn't care.

The incubus made one last effort, physically attacking her and shoving her up against the door, which opened at his touch, causing them both to tumble onto dirt. The smell of rain pinched her sense of smell. She disengaged during the movement, and got a glimpse of a purely black sky before spinning around to the sound of something enormous stomping through brush.

What was coming toward her and the incubus very much resembled an ogre from a book of fairytales her father had read to her as a child. Perhaps nine feet tall, incredibly wide with sickly looking rotting-algae green skin. There were oozing lesions crawling along his flesh that put off an odor, making her suddenly dizzy.

As she tried regaining composure, she turned, and the incubus was there. Grinning that sickening grin of his. It felt as though her heart had suddenly weighed several tons, dropping in her chest. The rest of the movements were... slow. When in reality, it happened in handful of seconds.

He'd reached out. She grabbed his arm. The force of his movement combined with the force of her own, propelled him into the stomach of the large creature standing behind her. The incubus spat something, an order, perhaps, at the larger beast, because it nodded and began to stomp toward Silennia. With a swift dodge to the right, she went around his foot, catching the incubus off-guard. It wrinkled its nose into a snarl before her claws were deep in its' throat, using her other hand to simultaneously pull his head backwards. The force was so great that, with a slight spurt of blood, there was a cracking, snapping noise, and his head was completely bent back, body suddenly limp. She kept pulling until the creature was nearly decapitated -- the only thing attaching head to body being the vertebrae, as her claws had ripped completely through everything else.

Silennia dropped the creature and turned back to the larger one, which stood quite dumbly, looking at her for a moment before shrugging and turning away. As he walked, the noise of wood splintering caught her attention, and she trailed slightly behind it until she found the source: a door, albeit rather concealed. It was perhaps 3 foot by 3 foot, buried into the ground with a bit of dirt and foliage on top of it. She opened it cautiously and peered in.

The hybrid girl nearly collapsed right there at what she saw: a dimly lit spring with steam rising above it. The water looked incredibly shallow, but she didn't care. Abigor was an artist in the way he designed the rooms. Certain lightings meant safety, whereas others meant danger. Specific, tiny keys that she silently hoped for as she went from room to room in the last weeks, knowing when she was safe and, ultimately, when she wasn't.

This meant safety. She sat on the edge of the wooden frame and slid; her bottom scraping dirt as she put her hands behind her slightly to guide her down a gentle hill. The door above her closed. She stood and half-limped, half-jogged toward where the water was, feeling heat oozing into the air. Finally falling onto her knees in an indeed-shallow 2 inches of hot water, then collapsing backwards into it with a quiet splash. It didn't quite cover her ears.

At this point, nothing else truly mattered to her. She knew she was safe. Maybe, just maybe, she was even done completely with her sire's games.

In seconds, she had slid into an impenetrable unconsciousness.

Finally able to surrender to the warm bath she so craved during her previous demise. Completely unaware of Keiran, of Mina, of even her own sire.

Just rest.

As Mina vanished right before him, Adriel knew immediately. That stupid child. Why couldn't she just stay put? Why did she insist on such behavior? Rage coursed through him with such intensity that he visibly was trembling, trying to contain it. Ah, but what use was it? Only now did he take notice of the figure before him, feeling that hand against his chest, having been so focused on reaching Mina before she could slip away that he hadn't even realized that Leghadema had been here. Shifting his gaze from where Mina had stood and coming to meet those twin sapphires peering up at him sternly.

'You can't protect her from him.'

Crimson hues closed for a brief moment at those words. A truth he knew, yet he refused to accept it. He didn't want to accept it, but at this point, he could do nothing. Entering a specific demon's lair was no easy task- especially with out invitation. How Mina had managed would have been a marvel had Vermina's earlier words not come to him-

It was just as Vermina had said, after all... The young succubus had tasted something she'd never been meant to taste.... and succubi, along with their male counterparts, were quite sensitive to various energies... even if such a energy originated from a fellow demon.

What happened to Mina was up to her, at this point.

Slowly, those magnificent wings folded back, one by one until all six had vanished from sight, but despite this, those crimson hues had turned coldly towards Damien. Leghadema, after all, wasn't the cause behind this...

"You."

His voice was dangerously calm, and before anymore could be said, yet another figure made itself known- Shiori. Walking out from behind Damien seemingly from thin air, yet, there was a shimmer about her that gave her away- having manifested from the nearest reflection available, "Come now, Adriel. You can't blame Mina's actions on Damien." She boldly walked towards Adriel, yet kept enough distance that she would have time to react should Adriel decided to lash out at her, "Mina is capable of taking care of herself, isn't that right?" She cooed, those void eyes of hers locked onto Adriel as she spoke.

"Ah, but is she capable enough to survive in Abigor's realm? Better yet, what about Keiran?" She mused, feeling Adriel's gaze harden on her, pacing back and forth, just out of reach, "I would have stopped her, but, ah, the girl is too strong for poor little me to handle alone. Such a shame."

"You could care less." Adriel's words snarled out, starting towards the demon, but Leghadema's hand was still pressed against the red angel's chest, keeping him back just barely. Shiori laughing a little, "Indeed. I'd be happy if the little bitch never returned." She sneered, and abruptly, just as soon as she'd appeared, Shiori turned, patting Damien on the shoulder, "Shame things couldn't have been a bit different~" She purred as she passed, slipping away once more from the reflection she had emerged from before Adriel could go after her.

His anger successfully shifted from Damien to Shiori.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

While Mina couldn't help but laugh at Keiran's reaction, she brushed it away, frowning towards the door. Nothing moved behind it, yet, surely after such a encounter, the low-class demon wouldn't so easily give up coming after them. Reaching for the knob herself this time, Keiran lifted a brow towards her, "Mina?"

"Shut up." She answered curtly, twisting the knob slowly and letting the door swing open a second time. This time, it swung inwards to a rather dimly lit room, silence still reaching her ears to a point that it was unnerving.

"It's... a completely different room." This time, more prepared than the first time, Keiran leaned in, inspecting the new room with near fascination, while beside him, Mina seemed on edge. Most likely seeing the bigger picture that Keiran hadn't yet thought of.

It could take weeks to find Silennia in a place like this.

Stepping forwards, Mina took the lead as she entered the room. Hard floor giving way to what felt like sand beneath her feet. Something that made her stomach twist with unease. Should a fight emerge, such footing would hardly be dependable... and it was so dark... even when squinting, she could barely see further than a mere few inches before her, lifting her hand up slowly as a single flame flickered to life.

Crimson hues widening abruptly as the light danced across the room. Revealing what seemed like dozens of bodies scattered about, as if simply sleeping... or, hopefully, dead.... but that was too much to hope for after all. Already, Mina could see the bodies closest to her twitching out of whatever slumber they had slipped into, rolling over and slowly rising, as if attracted to the source of heat that flickered in Mina's hand.

Beside her, Keiran moved, to make her disperse the flame, but it was too late, the noise rapidly filling the room as more of them began to wake, those closest to the pair already on their feet- behind them, Keiran heard the door slam shut, making any attempt to return to their starting point impossible.

Mina pressed her back against her brother's as the growing crowd began circling around, sizing them up. Eying them like prey. Disgust flooding through her as she met their greedy eyes, curling her lip back to bare teeth in response.

A sign of aggression that they seemed to take as a invitation as the entire swarm sprang forth for the attack. As they slammed into the two, Mina and Keiran were forcibly separated, too many coming at them at once for them to fend them off effectively. Before she could even collect herself, Mina had nearly been thrown across the room by a over-sized brute, rolling down towards the center of the room that seemed to dip inwards, to a pit. Mina barely coming to a stop just at the edge, her eyes wide as she peered into the pit. The bottom impossible to see, but Mina had no desire to see the bottom, quickly fighting her way to her feet as another demon attempted to grab her from behind, sinking his claws deep into her sides with a cruel laugh, lifting her clear off of her feet, clearly intending to toss her the rest of the way into the pit- until Mina sank her thumb knuckle-deep into his eye socket in a act of desperation to get loose, breaking free as she pushed him into the pit instead with a snarl, barely stopping before she toppled over with him, the sand shifting loosely beneath her.

This wasn't going to go well at all at this rate. Mina would be damned before she ended up at the bottom of that hole.

Looking up the slope that she'd rolled down, she could still see Keiran clear at the other side, just barely, seeming to be struggling as much as she was- Neither one of them able to get a good footing in this sand. Well, there was one way to fix that...

------------------------------------------

They had to find a door out. That much was clear.

Keiran twisted a demon's neck to the side with a snap, throwing the body into another to knock it back, some of them rolling down into the pit where Mina had gone- had she fallen in, though? It was so dark it was impossible to tell, and Keiran couldn't spare a moment to search. It seemed as fast as he finished one off, another demon was there to take it's place, and gradually, Keiran too had slipped down the side of the room towards the center, his feet sinking into the sand.

Just when it seemed that he was going to be overwhelmed, however, across the room a figure seemed to erupt into flame completely, Keiran smirking slightly. Of course Mina wasn't going to allow herself to be beaten down.... but... that smirk faltered a little. What the hell was she doing? He jumped backwards quickly as Mina set everything aflame within reach, not seeming to care what- or who, for that matter. The demoness feeding her energy into her flames, making them grow hotter by the second, until red flames flickered and shifted blue, so hot that many demons toppled over the edge as their bodies violently combusted, burning the entire way down to the bottom.

Her entire body almost seeming to be made of the flames themselves, completely unaffected by the heat. With every step, the sand beneath her feet melted, hardening into glass as she passed, walking up the slope without struggle.

Locating Keiran, who had only scarcely avoided being burned along with a good portion of the demons in the room, was easy enough at this point, fire light being cast across the room. A light that flickered out as the flames died down with her approach to her brother, "Come out, let's get the hell out of here before these rats recover." She hissed lowly, Keiran nodding in agreement as they quickly located a door, seeming hesitant before one of them reached and twisted the knob, the two stumbling in, shutting the door behind them.

Leaning against it with a sigh, Mina closed her eyes. This new room was better lit, much smaller in comparison to the last room... and best of all, empty as far as she could tell.

"What were you thinking?" Keiran had turned on her, "The last thing you should be doing is wasting your strength on fancy fire shows-"

"I saved your ass." Mina snapped at him, pushing away from the door, "You should be thanking me, not scolding me." Glancing at her sides, her shirt was ripped where she'd been grabbed, the cuts already healing, only leaving a slight stain of blood behind to prove there had ever been cuts there in the first place. It was a rough start, but Mina had a feeling that it would only get worse as they continued on...

Not to mention... Abigor's energy seemed to constantly lurk in the air. Enticing her. It was hard to think clearly through such temptation, not to mention fend demons off effectively without wasting too much energy.

"The faster we find Silennia, the better."

Leghadema stayed put as the interactions occurred. Staying quiet, but keeping her hand against Adriel's chest. She had an understanding of how he was feeling. Perhaps not the anger, but the protectiveness over Mina. Abigor -- as everyone knew -- was not to be trifled with. He saw it all as a game, and everyone else was his pawn to move as he pleased.

Once Shiori had disappeared back into the reflection, a calm, golden glow began emanating from Leghadema's palm. Unsure as to how Adriel would react to it, but if it meant a more peaceful atmosphere, she was willing to take that chance. Her wings were still visible, although not arched in defense any longer; just resting behind her. A few moments later she finally broke contact with the crimson angel and went into the chair she'd been sitting in before; wrapping the white things around herself and sighing.

Damien was leaning against the counter in his kitchen, eyes flickering from Leghadema to Adriel before yawning and lighting a cigar. There wasn't exactly much to be said on his part, and he wasn't going to risk the wrath of the red angel looming in his home. Flecks of snow blew in behind him, however, from the doorway.

An absolute nuisance, he thought to himself.

-------------------------------------------

Silennia could feel it. Something was... wrong.

The newfound warmth of the entire place. Perhaps it was just the water.

She sat up, letting the hot water run off of her, and looked around. Grateful to be able to see once again. Something was different, although she couldn't quite place her finger on what it was. Surely the new heat was just from the water.

To clear her head, she scooted along her knees to a deeper part of the hot water, perhaps a full foot of it, and submerged her entire head into it, wiping her face beneath the water and pulling her fingers through her hair.

She was so covered in caked blood that she'd have to scrub herself raw to get it off, but being somewhat clean was better than staying filthy.

Silennia remained a few minutes longer, peeling off her clothing warily and shaking it out beneath the water, simultaneously looking down at herself. Not a single inch of unstained skin remained. She heaved a sigh and put the clothes back on, standing to search for another door. It took a half hour or so, moving along brush, peering into the dim lighting, but eventually she found, not one, but two, side-by-side, in the shadow of a few trees in what was meant to be a wall of sorts.

She'd never tried opening two at the same time, and didn't know if she should test to see what would happen in such an exhausted state.

Slowly, cautiously, she reached for the left doorknob. It burned to touch it, and she drew her hand away sharply with an inward hiss, looking at her palm, which had a single blister in the center, already healing. "Fine," she snapped out loud, and went to open the second one instead.

Locked.

What...? Silennia kept trying to twist the knob, but it was stuck. She pulled on the door, even kicked at it. Nothing. Only then did she scream, and turned back to the first door, sucking in a breath and quickly turning the knob. Again, it burned her, but now the door was swinging open.

Absolutely unbearable heat. Several demons running around, caught on fire. Large patches of sand now gleaming, as if turned to glass. The scent of charred remains. There was something else, though...

Keiran.

The thought forced her to take a step backwards, away from the door, looking absolutely horrified. So Abigor's tests weren't over. He was still sending demons to impersonate the incubus. Perhaps on its way to get her, he was caught in a fight with other demons that escalated out of hand.

At this point, she didn't even entertain the idea that it might be the real Keiran. It didn't matter anymore. She had to protect herself.

To her right, there was a clicking sound, and her eyes flickered to the second door. Silence. With the first door still open, she tested the handle of the second, and it turned with ease; even opening. Though, as it opened, the first door slammed shut, startling her slightly. The heat from the first area had begun to dry her clothes, so it wasn't quite as uncomfortable to take a step into the new room, which appeared to be nothing more than a dark forest. Small enough so that she could see a silver door glinting past several rows of trees, and a wooden door off to the far left, low enough that she would have to crawl through.

With a fluttering feeling in her stomach, she pulled the door shut behind her and opted for the silver door in the clutter of trees. Lower-ranking demons scuttled in the darkness, but something made them hesitate to try and attack her. Some of them even ran in the opposite direction, looking frightened, whereas others stood their ground and glared as she passed.

It was certainly strange... what was going on? What changed?

Back
Top Bottom