Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Demonizing an Angel *(Silvana | Areawin)

Areawin

Super-Earth
"Dad," a woman's voice called. It sounded tired. There was no reply. She sighed, reaching toward a dark crimson scarf that hung inside of her jacket, dangling unsteady on a wall hook. She made a mental note to fix it later. "Dad!" A bit louder, and only a grunt of a response. She closed her dark sapphire eyes and took a deep breath to calm herself. Her patience was wearing thin today, having been called for a double-shift not but an hour after she got home.

There was a knock on the door, and while she was standing near it, the young woman slowly turned the knob and pulled it open a few centimeters. Bright green eyes peeked through the gap. "Surprise! Let me in, bitch! We're going out tonight." There was a long pause. "Silennia, come on! Let me in!"

Silennia tugged, aggravated, on her scarf; tightening it before she undid one chain latch, then another. She tugged on the door, jumping a little at the realization that she forgot the very top slide-lock as well. Once that was moved, the door was open, and a bubbly ginger-haired girl with bleach-blonde highlights skipped inside, holding a bottle of rum in one hand, and whiskey in the other.

Quite promptly, she flopped down onto the couch nearest the door, and put her feet up. "Let's see, we've got some great Jackie-boy over here, and a big gallon of Appleton Sta-- why the hell are you dressed like that? Didn't you get off work an hour ago?" She threw her feet back onto the floor and stood up, walking over to where Silennia stood tiredly. Then she realized, and her entire demeanor changed from happy to aggressive. "That dick gave you a second shift again, didn't he?" Silennia didn't answer. "He fucking did!"

The ginger spun on her heel, and Silennia noticed for the first time that Korina was dressed haughtily. Skinnier than Silennia, the redhead could pull off damn near anything. Now, she war a black skirt that barely covered her, equipped with a brown leather jacket over the top of a maroon-colored strapless shirt. Knee-high boots were the only things covering her legs. Pretty and laced up in the back, with a high heel. She was ready to party.

"Yeah," was the only thing Silennia replied with. "Hey, can you go tell my dad I'm leaving? I need to check makeup."

Without a word, Korina stomped into one of the only other doors in the tiny apartment. She didn't bother to knock before entering.

Silennia sighed with relief, using the small mirror by the door to check for finishing touches. Deciding that her eyeliner was too thick on top, she pulled out a q-tip from her purse and smudged it out, and added a coat of gloss onto her red lips. By the time Korina came back, Silennia had redone her hair so that it was twisted on the side, all the way back, until it formed a neat bun on the left backside of her head (x). Silver earrings, in the shape of swans, studded with tiny diamonds adorned her ears (x). She wore a short, strapless black dress (x). One of the few she had, but it was required. Her boss took notice enough as to what his girls were wearing the previous day, so she always needed to stay on her toes as to what she wore, and when. This one was new, and it hugged what little curves she had. Finally, there were the shoes. She slipped on some flats over her stockings, until Korina tsk'd her from nearby.

"You know he won't like that," was all she said.

With a flustered exhale of breath, Silennia eyed the heels Korina had recently picked up for her (x). Her boss's taste in style made her sick to her stomach, but the money was... amazing. She checked herself over one last time, keeping the scarf secured around her neck and adding her own leather jacket over the outfit. It matched Korina's.

The redhead grinned and looped her arm through Silennia's, recieving a lifted brow from the other gir. "I'll come with you," she sighed dramatically, but with a smile. The black-haired of the two made a quick lap around the house, shutting off lights and peeking in at her father to ask if he needed anything. She only recieved a mumble, so she shut his bedroom door and quickly left the apartment. A quick look at her cell phone said that she was almost late, and panic flashed across her face; jogging uncomfortably with Korina at her side nearly two blocks. They gave a quick look at the bouncer at the door, Silennia giving him a flirty smile in order to allow Korina, and within seconds she was inside; placing her jacket and scarf in a locker, past two doors behind the bar.

The flashing lights were giving her a headache, although she should be used to it by now. The noises. The smells. The sight of sweaty bodies on a dance floor. None of it appealed to her. However, it was the highest paying job she could get in the area that she could walk to safely.

A lively redhead stood on stage, prepping for the band's next song. Silennia had never seen the girl before, and she wasn't here earlier. A questioning look was passed from herself to the barkeep, who just shrugged; obviously ready to go home. It was then that Silennia started her shift, making her way around the club and bringing drinks and small snacks. Flirtacious smiles were passed around, tips were placed in a secure spot once the trays were up. Five minutes in and she was already exhausted to the point of madness, yet knew she had no other choice but to keep going with a smile on her face.

RE: Demonizing an Angel (*reserved)

Perfect crimson laced nails anxiously dug into the skin of her palm as the woman paced back and forth on stage, her heels clicking against the floor, but the sound went unheard over the busy room. Twirling a strand of striking red hair around her forefinger, she bit the edge of her lip ever so slightly. She was stunning. Dressed from head to toe in deep scarlet satin that hugged her curves, as she swayed on six-inch heels.

Pausing as she came to stand right in front of the microphone, slender fingers wrapping around it as the sound check was completed and her cue came, "Good evening, boys." She purred, a few glancing towards her at the sound her voice, but it was only a minor interest.

A minor interest? In her?

Irritation flickered deep within her gut, but she swallowed such a feeling back, glancing over her shoulder towards the other members of her band. Standing a little ways behind her towards her left, the guitarist smiled, offering her a thumbs up in encouragement. Not that she needed encouragement.

Mina Crisimion was going to be a star someday and these idiots didn't even have the attention span to look her way.

"Oh?" She lifted a brow, "Am I boooooooring you?" Her hips swayed slightly as a grin lit her face, "Then I had better change that, hmmm?" Her voice was sultry as she spoke, and in response, a few more pair of eyes glanced her way with a slightly peaked interest as the music started.

"She's hot." The bartender whistled lowly, "Sheesh, check out those legs." He laughed a little, spinning a small glass between his fingertips before smacking it down against the bar, pouring a shot for a well-dressed man who had only sat down a short moment ago.

Letting loose a laugh that held little amusement, the stranger tilted his head a bit, amber-gold hues shifting towards the stage, "Better watch yourself with that one." He commented, looking back to the bartender, "A girl like that could be the death of you." Having picked up the shotglass, he tipped his head back, downing it without so much as a grimace. Returning the glass to where it had been sitting.

"Oh?" The bartender's laugh was husky and good-natured, the sort of laugh that belonged to a long-term smoker, "Then I had better stick to the ones I know won't bite, eh?" He teased slightly, tossing a empty bottle into the trash and turning his back to the man who he made casual conversation with, "Will you be needing anything else?"

Keiran was hardly listening to the man's words. His attention more focused on the occasional provocatively dressed woman who shuffled by in a hurry. Eying them in a predatory manner that went unnoticed by most of the girls, though, one or two did catch his stare, only to flush several shades darker and then quickly avert their gazes...

Boring little things, they were...

Or so he had begun to assume... until he saw her.

She instantly drew his gaze, those amber eyes following her every step, dressed in a little black dress with silver swan earrings and heels that finished the look... only to dart out of his sight and back into the crowd, "Who is that girl?"

He had asked the question without expecting a answer, but the bartender smiled a bit, having seen the look that had flickered across Keiran's face, "That, my good friend, is Silennia. She's one of the regulars who work here. You don't come here often, do you?"

"No... I don't suppose I do."

Silennia did her job in a timely fashion, trying not to get too distracted by any one table in particular. She was specifically assigned to the upper-level guests (although 'upper level' was just a fancy term for who was allowed to walk up an exact eight steps onto a higher floor, with a better view of the dancers and band). However that didn't stop her from covering someone as they went to take a break... which turned into twenty minutes out of the usual five or ten.

Korina noticed how exhausted the young woman was, and so she offered to help. With a quick glance around, Silennia caught sight of her boss, peering down from the upper level at the lead singer of this new band. She shook her head without looking away from him. "I can't afford to get into trouble for that."

The ginger glared upwards, and as if sensing a pair of angry eyes on him, the manager peered down with glittering eyes. A twisted smirk darkened his features, and with a single step backwards, he was shrouded in darkness. Korina suddenly felt very uneasy. She turned around, coming face-first into a broad chest. Her green eyes didn't need to peer upwards to see who it was; cooly stepping back and smoothing out her dress. "Hello, Damien."

"Nice to see you here again, Korina," he replied. His eyes were dark - they always made Korina feel like he could look into her soul, like he was judging her for every sin she'd ever comitted. As if no amount of repenting could save her from him if he so desired it. It made her skin crawl.

"I see you're working Silennia down to her last breath." Her words were ice, finally meeting his gaze. She instantly looked away, nearly taking a step back. At the last second, she decided to shy away from him, but his long fingers caught her wrist gently into an iron hold. The other hand nested a single finger beneath her chin, effortlessly turning her head to look at him.

He smiled. Goosebumps rose along Korina's skin. It suddenly felt much colder than before, especially for a place crowded with moving bodies.

"Ah. Damien. Is there something I can help you with, sir?" Silennia had an empty glass in one hand; the other on her hip, which was arched upwards slightly in a defensive mannar.

Without looking at her, the man slowly pulled his hands away from Korina. His smile broadened as he turned toward the darker-haired girl. "So glad you could cover Emily's shift," he remarked. "You've been covering two sections. I'll go talk to..." he thought for a moment before Silennia sighed and offered him the name "Sasha."

"Yes!" His hands clapped once, bending forward just slightly. "I'll see to it that Sasha covers some time for you. Feel free to take a break." One more menacingly sweet smile toward the redhead and he was gone; disappearing into the crowd as if he were never there to begin with.

Instantly, both of the girls relaxed. Silennia pulled Korina toward the bar, plopping down rather ungracefully next to a man she'd never seen before. "An everclear and O.J., Jerry," she sighed, then jerked her thumb toward Korina, who ordered a corkscrew. The bartender stared at both of them, incredilous.

"Absolutely not. He'll have both our heads."

Silennia had placed her forehead against her arm on the counter, and she slowly raised her head and narrowed her eyes. "I'll have both of your heads if you don't get me a drink." The words were almost a growl, not breaking eye contact and making him feel uncomfortable. After a few uncomfortable seconds, he silently went to making the two rather simple drinks; persistently looking around with a guilty expression, no doubtedly for their boss.

The sapphire-eyed girl sighed with relief as another song stopped and the band took a short rest, giving her time to place her head against the coolness of the counter in efforts to soothe away her headache. She felt the slight vibration of the bartender putting her drink in front of her, and without even a glimpse at it, she tossed it back and slid the glass toward him. It burned all the way down, but it gave her something else to think about besides the ache in her feet and the fact that her eyelids could barely stay open. This was her fourth double-shift in the past week, but turning one down could be the end of a job.

Only when the burn began to subside did she tilt her head toward the stranger; adjusting so that her cheek still rested against the counter, but her eyes still faced him. "You're new here." It was a simple statement, and one she hadn't meant to make. The everclear always did hit her rather fast, but that's what she wanted. "We don't get many new ones here." She felt Korina's hand rest against her shoulder; fingers digging in slightly as a warning that Korina didn't approve of said stranger. Silennia didn't care. "When we do, they're scared off by the big bad wolf before they can get a second drink down." She wasn't sure why there never seemed to be any new men in the place... and she didn't ask. New women, yes; all of the time. It was rare that she saw a woman's face more than twice before they were gone. By now, she knew almost every man by name, what drink they preferred, and even the kind of women they adorned on each arm.

"So why are you here?"

With a last glorious note, the last song came to a halt, and a almost giddy smile crossed the songstress' lips her audience clapped for her. Their gig was half done. After this, her obligation to the club would be done and over and she could move on to her next show.

Gracefully leading herself offstage, she mingled with the crowd for a few minutes. A few men trying to pull her off to the side to speak with her in a more... personal manner, but she playfully dodged them, blowing a kiss towards one, "Try after the show, or at least buy me a drink." She mused, winking. A empty flirt, in truth.... but she loved how his face lit up at her words.

Seeing it crushed and disappointed would be even better.

but, ah, playing with the hearts of men was something she could always set aside for later.

Settling down at one of the available tables, she crossed her legs, lifting a brow when abruptly, some skinny blonde set a drink down on the table in front of her, "I didn't ask for this."

"It's on the house." The girl offered a faint smile that was hollow before vanishing to continue to her work.

"Oh?"

On the house? Her gaze swept the room briefly before she picked the drink up, sniffing it as if somehow she could tell whether or not it was safe based on such a action, and then, when she seemed satisfied, she took a sip. A bit fruity for her tastes, but not bad. Setting it back down, she smiled a bit, tracing her finger around the edge of the glass, waiting for her fellow band mates to join her, but they never did. Occupied with double-checking the stage setup during their break.

During this, Keiran was still perched snugly upon his stool at the bar, pretending that he was more interested in the second shot glass that had been poured for him... but really, his gaze had shifted side-long towards Silennia as she plopped down next to him. The scent of sweet perfume tickling his nose as she did so. She was even more stunning up close, and he found himself left wanting as he took her in.

Though, when she finally took notice of him, he averted his gaze, looking off else where until she spoke to him. Amber hues darted towards her, smiling a bit at her careless words. Tipping his shot back, feigning a slight wince for show-alone, "Do you always question customers on the reasons they come?" He retorted, tilting his head to the side a bit as he met her gaze, and then finally, he chuckled, "I'm here with my sister's band as a tag-along. Though, I could care less about the whole thing. Show business isn't really my thing... but for my sister, it's all she could hope for. She likes the attention, I would imagine."

He wouldn't be surprised if this girl thought him a liar. Compared to the pale skinned-fiery haired girl who had been singing up on stage a short moment ago, he was her polar opposite in appearance. His skin a warm olive color and his hair a shocking shade of silver when one would have expected a much darker pigment.

Licking his lips a little, he smiled towards Silennia, "You, on the other-hand, look exhausted."

Brutal honesty was at the tip of Silennia's tongue, but something told her to hold it back. By this point, the drink had reached deep into her. The night was halfway over. An energy drink or two, and she'd be right back out there; smiling enthusiastically and batting an eyelash when it was needed to appease a man's wandering eyes.

Before she replied to the man, she requested a Red Bull from behind the counter. Jerry knew damn well that she needed it, but he was reluctant to give it to her. The atmosphere didn't feel right tonight. He was all up for the hungry way that this stranger was looking at her. Hell, half of the club all but devoured her on sight during her first week there. It was more than obvious that she had a fighting spirit, and wasn't about to go home with what she called "a suit" to lose what could never be taken back.

Jerry handed her two tylenol and a small can of Red Bull, not bothering to bill her for it. She smiled appreciatively at him, and at first the sugar rush was enough to make her dizzy. She didn't think she'd ever get used to how quickly her body reacted to things over these past six months or so. Finally, with a clearer head, she turned on her stool. "Silennia. I'm sure jabberjay over here already told you that, though." A lighthearted smile touched her features as she glanced over to Jerry, who was purposefully looking away.

It was only then that she remembered Korina sitting next to her, and she looked over her shoulder to see her friend staring toward a table. Sapphire eyes followed toward where emerald ones were locked in, and Silennia leaned in lose to Keiran without taking her eyes off of the crimson-haired beauty. "She is rather stunning, isn't she?" Her voice came out in a murmur. Suddenly she tensed, turning sharply in her seat so that she was facing the bar once more.

Damien had an odd way of becoming fully interested in women. It were as if he hunted them for a time, before deciding if he wanted to put forth the effort to lure them in further. Silennia had seen him do this with one other person; a young girl, only a year older than Silennia's mere twenty-one. She was young and beautiful, with short, spikey hair and a catty attitude that could draw men in before they realized what a cruel game of cat and mouse she was playing. She was always the cat.

Until Damien.

Once the club owner set eyes on her, he prowled. Dark eyes followed her, studying her movements. Silennia noticed, but she never said anything. She'd brushed it off as a man's lust, and that there was nothing more to it. She was unbearably wrong, and even now she didn't have a clue as to what really happened. No idea that the girls' game of cat and moused turned against her without remorse or falter. All anyone knew was that she had begun to work there, and one day she didn't show up for work. Damien had called Silennia ahead of time, saying he knew she wouldn't be in. Nobody knew anything about her, so it wasn't as if they could report her missing. For all they knew, she left town and moved on.

Silennia was reliving how she studied Damien, as he studied that young girl. The predatory demeanor that gave his eyes a little extra flare, his muscles a bit more taut. No, she wouldn't watch the man do it again, nor was she going to mention any of these thoughts to a stranger. He said they were just passing through. A gig. Nothing more, nothing less. They would be gone tonight. A chill ran up her spine. It had only been seconds since she'd turned around to face away, but anxiety gripped her hard enough to abruptly stand.

"I need to get back to work," she muttered to no one in particular, smoothing her dress and adjusting the strap on her left heel before putting on a face and slipping up to the upper level, instantly mingling and ordering drinks or listening to a drunk woman babble on about something she had absolutely no interest in. Her thoughts swirled from the golden-eyed stranger, not really questioning whether or not he was lying. She had no reason to. Although she was focused on her work, he kept tugging at her thoughts to the point of her having to glance toward the bar, making sure he was still there. It gave her a small sense of comfort, especially as she saw Damien finally sit down at the same table as the beautiful singer.

He instantly ordered two more drinks, leaning across the table a bit. "I don't believe I ever caught your name. Such a tragedy, as you're quite popular tonight..." Black eyes glinted with a hue of deep red. It was dark enough to where, only in certain light with a keen eye, would one be able to notice it. Something told him that small talk wouldn't quite hit the nail on the head with this one. "We don't often see your kind of talent come through here. And when we do, we offer to keep them. But you, you were quite determined to move on, weren't you? A small setup and back to the road... yet you don't seem the type for such travels." He scoffed, picturing a hoarde of rats running from a flood, like most bands acted in these circumstances. Something nagged at him; an itch he just couldn't quite scratch, and it was irritating him further.

Her gaze was fixed upon the table surface, not even looking up as a man sat down from across her. Her nails tapping against the tabletop as if restless, "A name?" She mused, shifting her weight ever so slightly, only now lifting her gaze. A coy smile tugging at the corners of her lips as she met that black gaze, "Names are so binding and petty." Lifting her glass she took another sip, leaving a faint smudge of red lipstick behind as she set it down once more.

Mina looked him up and down, as if sizing up what she was dealing with. Running the tip of her nail against the table and she listened to his words as slowly a smirk curved at the edge of her lip, "It's simple, really." She commented, meeting his gaze once more, "There's bigger and better things waiting out there for me, and I'm going to take it for my own." Her tone had hardened a bit, almost having turned aggressive, her gaze darkening for a split second before she composed herself, "As far as I am concerned, you have nothing to offer me that would make me want to stay."

"Mina!"

Her eyes turned from Damien at the sound of her name, looking towards the male who had approached, "What is it, Ratri?" Her tone was annoyed, looking towards the shaggy-haired guitar player, "Uh... Just thought you should..." He glanced towards Damien, shifting unconsciously closer to Mina in general unease and then starting his sentence over, "Shiori wanted me to tell you that she stepped out back for a smoke, in case you need her for anything."

"... I am perfectly capable doing things for myself, Ratri. I am a grown woman." Mina lifted a arched brow, waving her hand at him as if to shoo away a fly. A very tall and skinny fly.

With reluctance, he shuffled off, though, he cast a worried glance back towards her. He didn't like Damien. Something about him seemed sinister. The way he looked at Mina from afar. He had noticed it as soon as she had stepped off stage, teasing the men the way she always did... but no man looked at Mina quite like Damien had. The only time he'd seen a look that predatory was when Mina herself was on the prowl. It left the guitarist unnerved, and he wandered over to the bar, settling beside Keiran, "We need to get the hell out of here." He muttered, tapping his fingers against the bar, "Two shots of whiskey. I don't care what kind."

Keiran glanced towards Ratri, "I like it here." He commented, "Look around." He motioned, "Drinks and beautiful women. What more could you want?"

"A music career? We can't just settle down here. Seeing the same people every night? Boring. I bet you've picked out some girl you fancy, right? You've got your eyes set on one already, don't you? Everywhere we go, it's the same thing. You go find some poor girl who sparks your interest and then hop on the bus and run off as soon as you've had your fill."

"This is different." Keiran's gaze turned off towards the upper level where Silennia had gone.

"Keiran, seriously? Have you even looked at the club owner? That dude is freaky. Don't go hitting on his girls." Ratri tossed his glass back, downing the contents, "... and Mina isn't going to want to hang around for long anyways." As soon as he set down the first glass, he picked up the second, draining it as well, "Mina always gets what Mina wants, remember?"

Ah, yes. Mina. Keiran frowned a bit, looking back over his shoulder towards where his half sister was seated with a man. Most likely the owner who Ratri had been rambling on about senselessly, "I'm sure he's perfectly harmless." He commented in a joking manner to the dark haired guitarist, "Besides, this place could offer steady work for you morons and good pay. It's not like we're going to stay forever. Just a few days. A week."

"A week? What? Are you crazy? I'm telling you, we need to hit the road TONIGHT." Ratri glanced back over towards Mina, as if to make sure she was alright, "Another ten minutes and we're back on stage. Then we can finish up and get out."

RE: Demonizing an Angel (Silvana | Areawin)

Jerry watched Silennia walk away, shaking his head. Not to long after, a member of the band appeared. He poured, and slid the two shots in front of the man. It wasn't his business to butt into conversations, although he listened to quite a good bit of them... and at this one, he only smirked before wiping out glasses and setting them in their proper spots.

"This is different," the stranger said. Jerry grinned to himself, facing away from both men and shaking his head just slightly. Silennia was often described as different, so there was no need to wonder why, exactly, he thought so. The young woman was sought after by many until she brutally turned them down to the point of embarassment. She had a father to take care of at home, and that was enough stress on her without having to deal with another man in her life.

Damien's eyes flitted upwards, seeing Silennia trying to politely exit a conversation without being rude. One of her usual patrons was drunker than she'd ever seen before. The man in front of Mina smiled, adjusting his gaze so that it was back onto her instead. "Another night, then?" he offered. "I'll double your overall pay." He gestured toward a few men who were starting to avert their gazes back to the stage, wondering when the band was to start playing again. "Obviously you're appreciated here..."

There was a shattering sound, and immediately his head jerked upwards, seeing Silennia looking uncomfortable as she bent down to pick up a glass.

"Excuse me," was all Damien said, and in a moment he was up the few stairs and at the girl's side. The man at the table was becoming rude and swearing, calling her a clumsy slut, amongst other things. She had never recieved this sort of treatment from anyone in here. It was too upper-class.

The manager instantly took care of it, kindly asking her to walk away from the scene and help someone else. She did as she was told. The man stood, reaching out for her, and Damien slammed him so hard against the table that it nearly broke beneath the force of it. His fingers were closed around the other's neck, leaning in close to his ear. "This would be a good time to leave, don't you think?" The words were hissed; women in the booth exiting and scattering calmly. As soon as the situation was handled, and the man had left, the band was already back in session on stage. He sat down in the booth that the other man had exited, softly asking Silennia for a drink.

All of her orders went to Jerry. The night was beginning to come to an end, and she was able to sit down. Korina had disappeared into the crowd, only showing her face once Silennia was able to rest once more. She was unusually quiet, and even shifted around uncomfortably from foot to foot. Ten minutes until close. People were starting to exit, and guards were moving around to begin herding people -- most of which who were still dancing -- toward the exit.

The band and crew were always the last to leave, after closing. After some time, everyone had left besides them. Even Jerry had wrapped up his station and given Silennia a brief hug. Korina was outside, waiting next to one of the bouncers for Silennia to exit.

The blackhaired woman was now wearing her jacket and scarf, having taken her hair down since everyone left. The relief from the pressure against her scalm was nice; running her hands through it. It was standard procedure for the waitresses to stay until after even the band had left, although the bar was closed. It wasn't their job to clean up afterwards, but it was seen as polite. She sat in her previous bar stool, looking toward where the band was picking up their equipment... silently wondering where the stranger had gone. Although she'd politely given him her name, she hadn't recieved one back.

Damien came down the stairs to stand in front of the smallish stage, placing both hands in his pockets. "Have you thought about my offer?"

Double pay. Mina almost visibly winced at the new offer. She should have stuck her foot in her mouth when she had said that he had nothing that would make her want to stay. Only a fool would turn down that sort of pay, and though they weren't exactly hurting for cash (thanks to Keiran), It was still good to consider lining their pockets while they had a chance.

She thought about it the entire time, even as she returned to the stage with the others and was finishing up their act. When the customers began to be shuffled out, Mina sat on the edge of the stage, deep in thought as Ratri packed up his guitar behind her, snapping the latches into place on his case, "Something bothering you?" He questioned in her general direction, though, she didn't even look at him, "Sort of." She answered, looking up as Keiran walked across the room to join her, settling next to her, "Good show." He commented, which made her laugh, "You didn't even watch." She accused, nudging him with her elbow playfully.

"Let's stay for a little while longer."

It was abrupt and caught her off guard, "You too?" She huffed, any playfulness towards her brother fading as quickly as it had surfaced, "That club owner offered double pay if we stay another night."

"Then let's do it." Keiran's gaze had wandered off, the silvernette seeming distracted by something. With a simple follow of his eyes, the reason was plain and clear, "A girl. Of course that's why." Mina snipped towards him in response. Then, after a moment of silence between the siblings, Mina finally sighed, "Fine."

As if on cue, that was when Damien found his way back around to speak with her again. Mina didn't even have a chance to answer him when he questioned her, however. Keiran speaking for her, "She would be delighted to take your offer."

"I didn't say that."

"Of course you did." Keiran look towards his sister, catching a heated glare from her that made him grin a bit. It was always fun to ruffle her feathers. Mina being quite the lively one, rapidly jumping from one emotion to another in the blink of an eye. Like a untamed flame set loose on a windy day.

Biting back on her tongue when a string of rather colorful words came to mind, Mina met Damien's gaze, and stood up, crossing her arms against her chest. She was significantly shorter than him. Only tall enough that the top of her head barely was level with his collarbone, but she stood confidently, "One night." She commented sternly, "No more, no less. Take it or leave it."

"We're staying?" Ratri had stopped what he was doing, looking very much like a little boy who had been forced to stay at his grandmother's house too long when he wanted to go home instead, "But Miiiiiiiina-"

"Shut up Ratri and help me pack up the damn drums!" A raven haired girl with pitch black eyes snapped at him, holding the largest drum in her arms, looking like she might possibly fall over. She was a slim build, her skin having a pale tan leftover from the summer that had been steadily fading as the colder season began to settle in.

While Mina was glamorous, this girl wore laced up combat-style boots with a long braid that was twisted up into a bun at the base of her neck. Her worn and tattered jacket sporting various chains and metal studs that had obviously been placed for visual purposes rather than practical reasons. Around her neck was a choker with a small antique-looking mirror fastened in place and black lace lining the edges. Obviously something she had most likely put together herself.

"Sorry, Shiori." Ratri moved to her aid, and vanished as they carried the drums out back to where the bus they had arrived in was parked, the last member of the group- a youthful boy with wild hair who played the bass guitar, tagged along after the two. Leaving only Mina and Keiran inside.

Silennia checked her phone, seeing that Korina had texted her.

"Where r u? Hurry up. Cold."

Slim fingers tapped back a response, "Waiting for band." She stuffed the phone into her jacket pocket. A chiming noise rose out, and the woman became immediately irritated, pulling the phone out one more time.

"Ur place."

She didn't reply back; already knowing that Korina wouldn't have wanted to leave after tonight. It wasn't a big deal; she was just tired, and becoming rather irritated she rolled her shoulders. Technically speaking, she was supposed to look appealing until everyone left and it was just Damien and the other servers -- but she didn't care. Cracking her fingers, then her neck, she smiled as a few of her coworkers settled near her. Sasha was a natural strawberry blonde-- more red in her hair that Korina's own ginger. It was questioningly dyed, yet never changed even a single hue.

"Sorry about bailing out on you," she said, turning toward Silennia.

The sapphire-eyed girl didn't bother looking her way. She was too busy being irritated at everyone in particular, almost glaring toward the band. It was almost an hour after closing time, since there were some particularly rowdy girls tonight.

Sasha was about to wave her hand in front of Silennia's face, until she followed her gaze. "Damn," she murmured. "He looks yummy." Silennia didn't appear to hear her, which made the other girls around her giggle quietly. That seemed to snap her attention back to them instead of the people on the other side.

Damien grinned at Keiran, lifting a brow as he looked down at Mina. He would try again the next day. "Fantastic." He turned slightly, motioning for the girls to leave. Silennia sighed in relief, hopping down from the stool and heading toward the door.

"Ah-ah-ah," Damien called. All of the girls turned, but Silennia was sneaking behind them. "Silennia," he said loudly, and turned toward the band, "will help with anything you need."

"Oh, bullshit!" She shoved through the girls, who stared at her as if she had just set off a bomb. "I'm tired. Exhausted. What could they possibly need? I'm not getting paid to help in finding hotels or whatever the fuck else it is you want me to--"

He cleared his throat loudly, smiling at her with a dark shimmer in his eyes. She pressed her palm against her forehead, and the other girls slowly crept out. Korina could be heard demanding where Silennia was. There were quiet murmurs before the door flew open and the ginger stomped in, tugging on Silennia's arm. "Let's go."

"Give them my number, then," Silennia snapped. She tightened her scarf. She turned, but paused to look back at them. "I dare you to call if it isn't an emergency." That was it; she was out the door. Although it only took a few minutes to walk back to the apartment, Korina flagged a taxi. They were both slow climbing the stairs into the tiny place; having a difficult time figuring out which key would open the door.

Korina eventually took it from her, muttering something beneath her breath and opening the door. They removed their jackets and hung them up, Silennia kicking off her heels lazily before going into the bathroom to shower. Nearly a half hour later, Korina opened the bathroom door to peek in; the black-haired of the two standing in a robe, drying her hair.

"I checked on your dad," the ginger said softly. This earned a weary smile from the other. "Put water next to his bed, and turned the thermostat up. It's supposed to get down into the single digits tonight."

Silennia nodded, changing into her pajamas before going into the livingroom to unfold the couch into a bed. Usually she kept it as a couch, but when Korina stayed over, she made sure there was room for two. It wasn't the most comfortable thing either of them slept on, by far, but it was a place to sleep nonetheless. For now, Korina was in the shower, so Silennia decided to pour both of them rum and cokes; propping pillows against the back of the couch that served as a sort of headboard to sit up against, using the remote to flip through some channels. Eventually she reached over to put her phone's ring setting on medium, so that if someone did call, she was able to answer it.

Damien did as she said and handed first Mina the number, then Keiran. He was more reluctant to give it to Keiran, but he seemed to be a part of the group in his own way. No more words were passed; making sure they exited and seeing to it that someone was going to be there later during the day to clean up. It was a simple process.

Oh he liked her. The more he watched her, the more interested he became in that girl. Silennia. Steadily things seemed to be working in his favor, even though Mina took one glance at the number and scoffed, "I don't need another errand girl." However, she didn't throw it away, simply storing it into one of Shiori's coat pockets when the woman came back in for more of their equipment, "What do you expect me to do with this?" She raised a brow, seeming faintly annoyed as Mina stroked her cheek, "Just keep it in case something comes up." She mused, the red-head shrugging.

Keiran, on the other hand, pocketed the number almost as soon as it had been given to him, "Let's go. It's getting late." he remarked to Mina, stepping past her and heading for the exit finally. Seeming quite satisfied with his evening. Mina was the last to leave, tagging after her brother.

Twenty minutes later after leaving the club, they were checked into the local motel. Mina having booked the nicest room they had to offer while Ratri, Shiori, and Kenny (their bass guitarist) crashed together in the cheapest room they could find. Keiran was somewhere in-between. Not like he planned on sleeping anyways. He paced his room, restless. Thinking of the girl who he had seen at the nightclub. He wanted to get closer to her. A small grin spreading across his lips as he finally settled back on the bed, thinking of how she must have looked underneath that sexy black dress she had worn. All night he had watched her, studying her from afar. Taking note of everything, from the way she spoke, to the way she walked. The scent of her perfume fresh in his mind. Pulling the number out of his pants pocket, he laid it on the nightstand, shrugging out of his jacket and loosening several buttons as he changed into something much more casual. Keeping Mina rooted in one place was difficult, but not impossible.

Damien seemed like just the thing to keep the red head occupied, and it was beyond obvious that there was more behind the owner's new offer. It was Mina that was the real target, not her band.

Letting the two play cat and mouse for a little while would be more than sufficient for buying time to pursue Silennia.

With such thoughts, he pulled the curtains shut and drew the blinds, locking the door as finally he slipped into the bed, cutting the lights down.

On the top floor, Mina was just stepping out of the shower, her make-up washed up and her face wiped clean. Her long red hair dripping as she wrapped a towel around herself. The dress she had worn being tossed to the floor carelessly. As she stepped by it, the edges of the material began to dissolve, going from satin to a black smoke that faded into the air. The towel dropping around her ankles as she smirked. Eyes that had been pale green that evening began to shift and change, the color darkening drastically, shifting black for a moment before crimson began to bleed through. For a moment, she stood there, completely nude in the center of the room, stretching as more of that black smoke billowed around her feet, crawling up her skin and re-forming itself once more into a simple night dress.

Everyone had their secrets, but Mina's and Keiran's was just a bit more extraordinary than the average. Slipping into bed, a devilish smile curved at the corner of her mouth as she closed her eyes.

It was 5am by the time both Korina and Silennia were showered, dressed, and wrapped in blankets on the bed. Another two hours went by before Silennia fell asleep. She was dressed in long microfiber pajamas and a tank top, unraveling one of the blankets as she tried to get comfortable. The television was still on, providing a dim flickering light throughout the place.

Korina was tired, but awake. They'd gone through a quarter gallon of rum together, and was thankful for both herself and her friend that Silennia had the next night off. She eventually clicked off the television and curled up next to the other girl, laying an arm over her while her body was pressed to Silennia's back. They'd been friends since before either of them had learned how to walk; practically sisters.

Light was filtering in around 9am, waking up Silennia. She smelled burnt toast, and grumbled quietly as she crawled off of the bed. Usually her father closed the shades when he woke, but it must have slipped his mind. Now, he was chewing on some buttered toast at the table, wearing nothing but a pair of boxers. He hadn't noticed her yet, so she took the time to lean against the nearest wall, watching him.

She remembered when he was a muscular man, full of life and happiness. They lived in their own house. Korina practically lived there as well. It was two stories tall, with four bedrooms. One was the master bedroom, where her parents slept. Another was Silennia's, another was a nursery, and yet another was for guests. There were two and a half bathrooms; one connected to the master bedroom, one in the same hall as two of the bedrooms, and the half-bathroom downstairs. It had a two-car garage attached, an attic, and a basement. Life was simple and pleasant. Everybody seemed to be happy.

That was around the time Silennia was four years old, and her mother was pregnant. She doesn't remember much of the woman, except that she wasn't her real mother. Her father came into custody of Silennia directly after birth, and a few months later he met Jiselle - who raised Silennia as if she were her very own. Jiselle went into labor, and ultimately she and the child -- a boy -- both died during the process.

After that, her father -- Richard -- fell into an awful depression. He got fired from his job, and turned to drugs for stability. Only stable to him, of course. Silennia was taken away by the state multiple times before they moved directly into town. Korina's mother was an alcoholic, so the girl spent most of her time with Richard and Silennia. They lost the house and moved from apartment to apartment, but this one had been steady for a little over a year. Silennia had very recently gotten caught up on their debts.

The man had finished his toast, and turned to see his daughter watching him. He was skinny, with marks on his face. Heroin had been his drug of choice lately. He and Silennia got into fights often, and although he promised her that he'd stop using, it never happened. Maybe for a week at most. There were tiny holes along his arms, some of them infected and ghastly-looking. His hair was greasy and unkempt. Silennia knew she couldn't stay mad at him, because one of these days he wouldn't come home. She couldn't afford to think about that, and instead stepped forward to kiss his forehead and close a set of blinds.

"Oh, sorry sweetheart." A look of true apology adorned his face when she turned around again, managing a tiny smile.

"It's okay dad. Are you headed out today?"

"Yeah," he replied. He chose his answer carefully. "I'm going into Carson City for a week or two... got a temporary job there." Not too far from their apartment on the very outskirts of Reno, but still a few hours.

Silennia's expression didn't change. Not even a little bit.

"I'm, uh, heading out in a few hours. They're giving me two meals a day and letting me sleep there... it's farm work, clearing out some of the pastures before snow hits. Will you be okay here on your own? Korina can stay, of course."

Her expression cracked, but it was quickly composed. "You already made plans, so nothing I have to say will change it. There's no point in asking a question just to be polite when you know the answer. Lock the door on your way out."

He knew better than to say anything in return, and within the hour, he was gone. She curled up next to Korina, but was unable to fall asleep. Since she had the night off, she made a list of things to do. Korina woke around noon, noticing that Silennia was no longer in bed; grumbling about a hangover while the black-haired woman handed her some orange juice.

"I've gotta go in to pick up my check tonight," Silennia told her. "Aaaand I'm making pancakes."

Korina opened one eye as she sipped the orange juice. "With chocolate chips?"

"With chocolate chips."

They ate and dressed. Silennia wore jeans and a plain teal shirt. Korina had clothes already at the apartment. She wore something similar to Silennia. Neither of the girls cared to put on any makeup. Silennia's hair was up in a simple poneytail, and Korina's was down across her shoulders. The day was spent at a mall, mostly window-shopping, before going to the grocery store. Since her father was going to be gone for at least a week, it was best to stock up on food now, and get what both of them liked.

Korina helped pay for groceries, using cabs throughout the city since neither of them had a car. It was almost time for the club to open by the time they were done putting everything away, and decided to go pick up the paycheck before heading out to dinner.

There was already a line outside of the club, even though it didn't officially open for another twenty minutes. A few of the more important patrons were allowed in, as well as Silennia; sweet-talking the bouncer yet again to let Korina in, since it was only for a few minutes. She looked at the empty dance floor, knowing she'd never get used to how it looked with all the lights flashing and not a single soul there. The place was spotless as always, and the men that Damien deemed more important than others were already holding their booths and tables on the top level.

The two girls walked to the bar, where Jerry was working once more. "Damien has a meeting with some of his clients, he said he'd be out in a half hour." The news irritated both of them, but for now, at least it was quiet; watching the band set up. Sapphire eyes secretly searching for golden ones.

Sleeping through the day wasn't uncommon for Mina, nor was it uncommon for Keiran. Generally, during the day, Shiori was the one in charge of things. She looked for gigs, handled business, or took care of any problems. Mina and Keiran were strictly NOT to be disturbed during the day and she made damn well to make sure of it. Mina awake during daylight hours was not a happy Mina. If Mina was unhappy, NO ONE was happy.

So, when Shiori stepped into the hallway where Mina's room was, she wasn't surprised in the least when one of the hotel maids came running out of the room with a hair brush flying after her, smacking against the wall hard enough to nearly dint it, "CAN YOU NOT READ?! IT SAID, 'DO NOT DISTURB'!" Mina's voice was infuriated, yet still half asleep, the door slamming shut and locking.

"I asked for Miss Mina to NOT be disturbed for a reason." Shiori commented towards the terrified girl, watching her hurry off to the next room with her cart.

Around 6 PM, Mina finally emerged from her room, yawning a bit as she rubbed at her eyes, "Shiiiiori...." She grumbled, finding the drummer in the hotel lobby. "Mina, you need to get ready. We're playing again tonight, remem-?"

"COFFEE." Cutting Shiori off, Mina flopped into a chair, "Bring me coffeeee... and then I will go get dressss...sed."

Sighing, Shiori got up, "Fine." She huffed, "I guess I need to go roll Ratri and Kenny out of bed too, huh?" She grumbled, shaking her head furiously.

Three hours later, everyone was ready and out of the hotel. 9 PM. Already the crowd was slowly shuffling in. Some faces familiar from the night before, others new to her, but they seemed already well acquainted with the place. Tonight, Mina's long curls had been tamed and braided up, selective strands pulled loose and framing her face. Wearing a flashy short dress tonight with a garter-belt and heeled boots. A pair of diamond earrings dangling from her ears.

Looking around, she wonder where Keiran had gone. He had left the hotel a good thirty minutes before the band had. Most likely, he was prowling around here somewhere. Most likely close to that girl he had been eying the night before.

Mina was usually right, after all.

"Looking for someone?" He had approached Silennia from behind, speaking into her ear practically and then back stepping with a smile touching his lips. Damien wasn't here tonight from what he had observed. At least, not yet.

Silennia had asked for a Sprite, not wanting anything to drink before she and Korina went out. She had turned around, playing with her straw as people finally began filing in. Damien should be out shortly.

A voice sounded in her ear, and her shoulder went up as if to protect it; laughing softly and turning around. "Perhaps I was," she cooed. "A second night. You must be special. Well..." her gaze shifted toward the stage. "Or your sister is. Probably a bit of both if Damien allowed you in here again."

Korina ignored their conversation entirely, feeling bored. She didn't hold much interest in who Silennia seemed to take a fancy to until it got more serious. That had only happened two other times, and both times Silennia had had enough and simply ended it. Korina wasn't exactly worried about how this would turn out. Instead of sticking around, she noticed someone familiar and went to the other side of the room to talk, just as the band began to play.

Silennia chuckled when Korina left, patting the stool next to her as an invite to Keiran. "You were so rude yesterday." She spoke a little louder with the extra noise. "I never caught your name, and you most certainly know mine."

The upper level was to her right, slightly behind the bar, so she didn't notice Damien coming down the stairs with an envelope. Silennia was the only girl off tonight; the rest were working, all looking like hell on heels as they went around with drinks and snacks.

Damien slipped the envelope into Silennia's hands, catching her off guard as she spun around to see him. He leaned in, whispering something in her ear, which caught her off guard even further. Eyebrows furrowed, watching him smirk and walk away. She hated how he disappeared within the place; tucking the envelope into her purse without looking at the contents of it.

Korina caught her gaze, tilting her head toward the door, but Silennia gave the slighest shake of her head. Not yet.

"Oh, I'm sure Mina is to thank for that." Keiran answered her, chuckling lowly, glancing in his sister's general direction. She had a way of interacting with the crowd, as if drawing them into some sort of spell. Some men just staring at her as she sang, mesmerized by her. Looking back to Silennia he shrugged, "From the looks of it, we might be in town for a couple of nights." Not that Mina knew this information.

He would deal with that later. For now, his focus was completely on Silennia, sliding onto the stool next to her at the bar, only offering a amused laugh when she called him rude for not telling her his name the previous night, "My apologies for that." A charming smile lit his face, "My manners can sometimes be a bit lacking, I must admit. The name is Keiran." He introduced himself, amber hues shifting a bit when Damien came into sight. Having made an appearance finally. He didn't say anything as the man whispered something to Silennia, though, he did glance at the envelope with a faint hint of curiosity. Not that he questioned her about it.

"What are you doing tonight?" He hadn't failed to take notice of the girl who had arrived with Silennia, and judging by how her friend lurked around, the pair was most likely heading elsewhere that evening. Resting his elbow against the bar-top, he propped his chin against the base of his palm.

Silennia tested the name on her tongue, "Keiran? Interesting." She looked toward Korina, who was flirting rather obnoxiously with someone she'd never seen before. Perhaps it would be nice to stay...

No. She didn't want to be one of those people that went to the work place when they weren't working -- especially since people would recognize her. Not only that, she wasn't dressed up at all. Jeans and a shirt were hardly accepted in this sort of crowd. What were they doing tonight? What was she doing tonight?

She decided without consent of anyone but herself, turning to Keiran with a wicked smile. "I'm going out tonight, with Korina, over there." She knew that pointing out who Korina was wasn't necessary. "And you're coming with us. With whoever that fool is, anyway." Her head turned toward the pair, with the man dancing somewhat awkwardly while Korina was being... Korina.

"Najita's," she said simply. "Eleven, tonight." For good measure, she checked her phone. They had an hour. A simple smile at him and a few dollars left on the counter for her Sprite later, she was across the room and telling Korina what was going on. Korina appropriately stared at Keiran as she was being tugged away by Silennia, having told the man she was talking to to meet them at Najita's.

Once they were outside, Korina spun around sharply. "What the actual fuck, Silennia? Najita's? What's going on?"

"Who was that guy?"

Korina was taken back by the question, eyeing her friend. "Raoul," she replied slowly. "Are you going to answer me?"

"Mmm... no." Silennia grinned, arm-in-arm with Korina as they walked back to the apartment. Najita's had a dress code, and they changed accordingly, putting Silennia in a deep purple dress with the earrings from the previous night, and comfortable flats. Korina shrugged on a skirt and top, relying on the heat from inside to keep her warm.

This wasn't like Silennia. She was never this spontaneous; preferring schedules and order. It left Korina feeling whiplashed, and most certainly confused.

"Are you going to tell me his name, at least? And what the hell he did to get you so excited?"

"Keiran," she replied from the kitchen. "He didn't do anything. He just... ugh, I don't know."

Korina noticed the edge to her voice.

It was a quarter til eleven when they entered Najita's. It was an Italian cuisine. Raoul, Korina's date, was already there and had picked a rather comfortable table in a dimly lit corner. It was a fancy place, with someone playing saxophone. Their jackets had been taken at the door.

Silennia's back was exposed, and as she turned to sit in her seat, Korina stopped her. "Silennia? Where did these bruises come from?"

The black-haired woman sat down uncomfortably, rolling her shoulders a little. "I don't know. I noticed them earlier because my back was really hurting. Are they noticeable?"

There was a long pause, and Korina nodded. Silennia stood to get her jacket, only to turn and bump harshly into Keiran, stumbling backwards with surprise.

Keiran wasn't the sort to waste time. He met her smile with one of his own, "I'll be there." He replied to her simply. Turning slightly to watch her leave, leaning back against the edge of the bar with a almost triumphant smile on his face. This was going along far smoother than he had expected. A good ten minutes after Silennia left, Keiran too exited the building. Mina stepping down off stage for a break just in time to see him slip out.

Where was he going?

She frowned a little, though, it was quick to leave her face, replaced by a smile when someone approached her, only half-listening to the compliment that was tossed at her. However, when the man suddenly smacked her backside when she walked by him, she spun on him instantly, her eyes dangerously narrowing and in the next moment, the man found himself flat on his back, Mina's heel digging into his chest, "You don't touch me unless I say so." She hissed lowly, and with that, stepped over him, several men moving out of her way to let her through, the red head snatching a bottle that was a little less than half-full of some sort of whiskey out of someone's hand, turning it up as she walked away, taking several deep swallows before flopping down into a seat.

"-Jesus Christ Mina, put that down-" Shiori had seen the red head in action, rushing over to snatch the bottle away, but Mina jerked it out of her reach, darting out of the seat with a mischievous laugh, taking yet another swallow, "MINA DAMMIT, GIVE. IT. HERE!" Mina darted through the crowd with her stolen bottle, dashing out the back door with Shiori at her heels. All the while, Mina stayed just a step or two ahead of the other, until finally, Shiori managed to grab hold of Mina's dainty little wrist, snatching the bottle away...

Only to find it completely empty.

"MINA." She scowled, tossing it into the dumpster, "Seriously?! You're worse than a child." Mina giggled, swaying on her feet, her hands reaching up to cup Shiori's cheeks, "And you look adooooooorable when you're angry~" Letting go, she tilted her head, "Oh, come now, don't be so mad at me, Shiori. It wasn't even half-full."

"You're infuriating." Shiori grumbled, shaking her head and just heading back inside as Mina hung onto the drummer's arm until they entered the room. Breaking apart from Mina, Shiori went off towards the bathrooms, leaving the red-head unattended.

-----------------------

Keiran had found the restaurant easily enough, having already entered and was waiting by the time Silennia had arrived. However, he avoided her line of sight at first, approaching from behind. Where his gaze fell upon the strange bruising on the girl's back. When she bumped into him, he unconsciously caught her wrist in a move to steady her, only to let go quickly. His fingertips tingling at the contact with her bare skin. Averting his eyes quickly, "Are you alright?"

Damien hadn't been paying attention to anything that was going on; in his back office for a bit. He hadn't even noticed that the band was taking a break at first. He stretched out, looking through a bit of paperwork on his des. As the club gained popularity, he became more overwhelmed. It was, however, part of the job. It was what he signed up for several years back upon buying the place and immediately knowing what he was going to do with it.

Pushing the chair back, he exited the room and came out to see a man being helped up. Mina and another member of the band were gone. It struck him as odd, until he heard the quiet chatter. He couldn't help but smile and wonder what exactly had happened... but that story would have to wait, as Mina and the other woman were coming back inside. The other went toward the restroom, leaving Mina rather alone, and so Damien walked over to her. The smell of alcohol was brutal against his senses, causing him to actually flinch away from her momentarily.

His hand rested easily against the small of her back, watching the men around them tense visibly. He chuckled; a low, dark sound. "Perhaps we should sit you down somewhere, hm?" he mused, leading her to a table. "Someone has been enjoying themselves. A bit of a shame. Ah well. If you can't continue singing -- singing without falling or breaking anything, still able to hold my crowd's attention -- you'll just have to come back again tomorrow... or no double-pay."

The game of cat and mouse was definitely on, and so far, he was the cat. Nothing both amused and excited him more. She was a challenge, but not in the way most men would think. He gestured to one of the girls to get him some water for the crimson-haired woman, remembering that her name was Sasha. The same one that had taken over a half hour break, forcing Silennia to work both upper and level areas almost completely on her own. He never did reprimand her for that...

It would have to be done later, he decided as she brought a tall glass of ice water, setting it in front of where Mina sat. With a slight nod toward her, Sasha made her way around to a few other tables to get their drinks. "We always have a backup DJ for these types of things," he continued. Completely unaware if she were actually listening or not. "So if you want the rest of the night off, you can have it. Buuut of course, without the pay." He almost chuckled at himself. "You can enjoy yourself here if that's the case." Without another word, he stood and disappeared into the doors nearest the bar. As long as she didn't upset his customers with terrible singing or dancing during her drunk stupor, everything would be fine.

He had his ways of getting what he wanted, and right now, he wanted her to stay for a little while longer.

Silennia was grateful for Keiran's quick reaction, only managing a small smile. Her skin buzzed with tiny shocks of electricity from where his fingers had been, glancing toward Korina with the slightest of pink touching her cheeks. "I'm just going to go freshen up." She knew it was rude to walk away like that, but she became extremely self conscious of the bruises on her back. They hadn't been so noticeable before.

There wasn't anything she could think of that could have made such marks; not even being slammed against a wall could've created such an odd pattern. The bruises started on the inner edges of each shoulder blade, trailing down halfway to her waist. She slid into the bathroom, chose a large stall with a mirror, and stood to awkwardly turn her head in attempts to see them.

Sure enough, they were there. Blackish and purple, with hints of blue and red. Much darker than they were earlier, and even earlier, she had put a bit of concealer on as best as she could. Her fingers reached back, allowing her fingertips to trace along the odd design. They weren't random markings scattered; they had perfect symmetry. The first door to the bathroom slammed shut, causing her to jump and press the tip of her finger into the discoloration. The pain was so immense that it brought her to her knees, gasping out for air.

"Silennia?!" Korina stood outside of the stall, attempting to open it with no luck. "Silennia? Silennia are you okay? Unlock the door. Now. What's going on?"

A second or two later, Korina heard the click of the door unlatching. She flung it open, causing it to hit the wall and snap back in protest. Silennia was on both knees, still on the floor, with tears streaming down her face.

Silennia never cries.

Korina was kneeled down next to her friend, pulling black hair over one shoulder so that it wasn't touching the skin at all. "We don't have to do this, you know," she said softly. Silennia shook her head furiously, reaching out and grasping for a bit of toilet paper to wipe her eyes or blow her nose with. "There might be something seriously wrong--"

"No."

With Korina's help, Silennia got back up to her feet. She wiped her eyes and adjusted a bit of her makeup as Korina began using concealer, deciding it was best to drape the scarf in a tasteful manner so that it would hide the markings. Sure enough, they were able to position it in a way that a good 90% of the bruises didn't show. A hefty amount of concealer took care of the rest. They were out and back to the table, Silennia's eyes still looking a bit puffy, but nothing serious as she switched her gaze back and forth two the other three people at the table.

"Ah, pleasantries," she said finally. "Korina, this is Keiran." She motioned. "Keiran, Korina. And..?"

"Raoul," the other man offered. He was around 5'5" with short brown hair. It had been styled to make it look a bit curly. He wore grey slacks with a white button-up shirt, and his jacket had been taken at the door as well. A gold watch adorned his wrists. A bit of scruff lined his face, but in a rather attractive way; framing his jawline up to well-groomed sideburns (x). His eyes were a creamy shade or two lighter than his hair, and he looked completely at ease; arm around the back of Korina's chair.

A waitress came by, quickly glancing through her customers and making quick judgments. Her eyes lingered on Keiran for a few seconds before Silennia politely cleared her throat.

"Ah! What would everyone like to drink this evening?" She listed off fancy wines and imported teas; even coffees and sodas that were made in-restaurant. Silennia politely requested that they have time to decide if they even wanted appetizers or not. The place was fancy, but it wasn't fancy enough to give you tiny portions on a tiny plate that cost two kidneys and a foot. Silennia sat closer to Keiran than what was necessary, but something about him made her feel different. Safe and adventurous, as if he would allow her to tackle the entire world. It was a silly thought, and she brushed it off almost as soon as it came.

"I think we should order something before we all begin talking about ourselves," she mused. "Korina looks like she's about to eat the table."

It was true, though. Korina became moody when she was hungry, and it didn't help that she had hypoglycemia due to hyperinsulinemia -- where her pancreas produced too much insulin, causing her blood sugar to creep dangerously low. Silennia could tell by the look on her face that her sugars were dropping.

The two girls decided to split a basket of garlic knots and fried mushrooms; Silennia requesting in a rather polite way that the knots be brought out as soon as possible. Within the minute, there was a fresh heap of them between the four, and Silennia sat back to relax as Korina took one, ate it, then a second.

Sapphire eyes moved around the table. "Who wants to go first?"

A devilish smile danced across her lips, "I'm just getting started." She hissed at him abruptly when he tried to get her to sit down. Pale green hues narrowing at him as he made the assumption that she was too intoxicated to go back on stage. Though, what really drove the nail into her was when he told her she would have to come again or no extra pay. Putting her in his debt.

Did he know who he was dealing with?!

She slapped his hand off of her lower back, stepping away from him as her lip curled back slightly to bare teeth in a way that was frightening on the beautiful girl's face. How dare he. He was trying to snare her under his thumb, and it lit the fire within her as she realized it. This was her game, "You don't tell me what to do." She sneered at him, her hand curling into a fist at her side, those long nails biting into her skin hard enough to nearly draw blood.

"Mina."

A hand fell onto the red-head's shoulder. Shiori. She pulled Mina back, making her sit down before things got out of hand. Pitch black eyes staring him down coldly as he spoke to Mina, only to get up and leave before anyone could really reply.

"That sonofa-"

"Language, Mina." Shiori scolded her, though it was only half-hearted, her gaze never shifting away from where Damien had gone, "Let's call it a night-"

"NO. I'm going back on stagee." Mina slurred just slightly, which brought further distress to the drummer, "Mina- no, please, could you not-" Before Shiori could even get the words out of her mouth, Mina was back on her feet, walking towards the stage. Overall, she seemed surprisingly well composed. Her hips swayed slightly more than usual, and as she passed, she returned to her friendly flirts, even approaching the man she had knocked down earlier and lightly pecking him on the cheek, leaving a red smudge of lipstick on his cheek as she climbed on stage. The rest of the band exchanging uncertain glances with one another.

Though, Mina cued for them to start playing again as she grabbed the mic from it's stand. Determined to prove Damien wrong.

----------------------------------------

While Silennia had excused herself to the restroom, Keiran had taken his seat, being left at the table with the man who had accompanied Korina. Glancing towards the other with a knowing eye, and then, simply waited. Several minutes later, they emerged, taking their seats as the waitress came by to take their orders.

Keiran pretty much ordered the first thing he saw on the menu and water, not seeming to care too much about the food itself. No, he was far more interested in Silennia, and he didn't even spare so much as a glance at the server who eyed him. He didn't eat much, picking at his food and nibbling mostly. Hearing Silennia's words.

Ah, indeed. Who would start first? The girls were already well acquainted with one another. Amber hues shifted towards Raoul, wondering faintly if he was the sort to speak up first. Keiran certainly wasn't, and he seemed content with simple sitting and listening.

Damien watched Mina throw her little tantrum from afar, grinning as he took sips from his glass of bourbon. He hoped that she would attempt to take stage anyway, letting her go up and ready herself... he casually began strolling toward a locked panel on the wall, behind a curtain in one of the darkest corners. As soon as he heard her inhale through the microphone to begin singing, he flipped a switch. All of the stage lights shut down; electricity to it being cut off. He smirked.

"So sorry, everybody!" the man apologised from top level. The dancers didn't even seem to notice, but he had the attention of those sitting down. "The stage is having some difficulties; the band will be back to play tomorrow night. Such a shame. Electronics," he brushed it off. "You know. However we have a backup system specifically for a DJ, who is conveniently here tonight." Lights lit up in a corner of the room, where a small station was set up. The DJ immediately took over, and there was maybe half a minute without music.

Since there was no longer a live band playing, more people were allowed in; roughly a hundred. The place wasn't enormous, but it was still fairly large. Damien's black eyes glittered with amusement, taking a seat in a spot where he could keep an eye on most of the place from the upper level, sipping a bit more of his bourbon.

------

Raoul eyed Keiran once the girls left. He didn't feel very comfortable around the other man, but he wasn't going to let that show; smiling at Korina once the two were back. Pleasantries were passed out, and it was silent for a few seconds before Korina nudged him. It seems the knew each other, from how well they were getting along. Korina wasn't shy, but she still acted differently toward people she didn't know.

They all ordered; Korina getting a ravioli, Silennia asking for a pasta with scallops, and Raoul getting lamb. The man sitting next to Korina shrugged, sitting back and looking at Keiran. "I'm going to assume that you were abruptly dragged here, too," he commented. That received a laugh from Korina, Silennia only rolling her eyes at the both of them.

Korina leaned forward. "Raoul is a manager of that new construction company in the area," she offered, looking to Raoul. He was taking a drink; swallowing it quickly before setting it down.

"Ah, right... introductions." He explained how he'd been working there for a few months now, and that was how he'd met Korina, since the office she worked at was getting renovated. Silennia was hardly paying attention, picking at her food much like Keiran was, mostly due to the pain in her shoulders.

Korina began talking, but by that point Silennia had blocked out everything; sipping at some wine. The more she drank, the more the pain eased, but she was gently reminded by Korina that she was on her fifth glass. With a quiet grumble, she asked for water next, and it seemed that Raoul and Korina were perfectly content talking about themselves while Silennia and Keiran sat back to listen... until Korina decided that, since this was Silennia's idea, she should talk about herself.

That startled her a bit. "What? Oh. I don't know. I work at the club. My dad's a drug addict. The usual."

Korina almost spit out her drink at the blunt statement, and Raoul looked shocked. Silennia was too buzzed to care, taking a look at a clock on the wall to discover they'd been there a whopping two hours. How did that much time go by? It was to the point that Silennia was beginning to feel dizzy, so she tried keeping as still as she could.

"Wow," Korina stated. "Okay. Alright. Keiran, is it? Your turn. Save us all from that memory just now."

Silennia manage to wrinkle her nose at her friend, but didn't protest; quite curious about the man herself, but now feeling too shy to ask.

Fuck.

That was the only word that popped into Shiori's mind as the lights suddenly cut off. Even in the dark, she could sense the intensity of Mina's rage, still able the see the red-head's back. The songstress having back-stepped, her hands visibly trembling. She turned away from the crowd, facing in Shiori's direction, and the drummer's breath hitched slightly as Mina roughly shoved pass her, down the steps. People who saw the look on Mina's face quickly stepped out of the way.

"Oh no." Shiori breathed, her hands coming up, gripping her hair in a fit of stress. Quickly grabbing Ratri's wrist when he tried to go after Mina, "No." She shook her head furiously. If Ratri valued his life, he would listen well to the woman's advice.

Taking the steps two at a time in stiletto heels was a feat that a woman might have been proud to pull off, but Mina did it without even a thought. Shoving people out of her way as she hunted Damien down. It didn't take her long at all to find him, and by time she did, she had barged into a restricted area of the club.

Finding Damien sitting there in his personal chair with that amused smirk on his face that only served to piss her off further. Taking a step towards him aggressively, her temper got the better of her, pale green giving way to a vibrant crimson as she slapped him, hard, her sharp nails cutting into the side of his cheek, "Stop toying with me!" She snarled towards him. Pure adrenaline pumping through her veins in response to her rage. She KNEW he had something to do with the so-called 'difficulties'.

------------------------------------------

She worked at a club.... and her father was a drug addict.

Well, at least Silennia had been somewhat informative. Pushing his plate away from himself, he smiled a bit, "Oh, I'm hardly interesting." He commented, "My father passed away when I was at a young age and left behind the family fortune, and my mother was a complete nut-case." Not entirely false, of course... except, the real story was much more... complicated.

He picked his glass up, drinking some water before adding more, "It was pretty crazy back at home, so Mina hit the road. I decided to come along since she... well, she can get rather emotional sometimes in stressing situations..." A definite understatement about her, of course... speaking of which...

Glancing at the watch on his wrist, he almost cursed. It had already been so long? Two hours. Of course, Mina was most likely still performing...

Perhaps for once, she wasn't getting herself into trouble.

It was wishful thinking.

Damien didn't tense as the redhead stormed up to him, although his jaw clenched at the slap. "Toying with you?" He laughed softly. With very inhuman speed, he was up; fingers curled around her wrists and pressing her back to the wall. The front of his body was pressed against hers, but it wasn't sexual. A deep, menacing crimson flushed to his eyes, and as he held her there, the claw marks on his cheek slowly stopped bleeding. The skin knit itself together, slowly.

"Isn't that what your kind does?" he growled. "Toy with people? It doesn't feel so good on the other end, does it, Mina?" The name was sneered, and he let go of her wrists. Eyes still several shades darker than blood as he looked down to his shoulder. "You got blood on my suit," he snapped, although then he took to a more playful tone. "And it was my favorite one. Pity."

He didn't turn his back on her as he stepped away, sitting down and motioning to the chair opposite him. No, he wasn't that careless."Are you going to be hypocritical or are you going to join me for a drink? Not that you need one, with how absurdly intoxicated you are." A look of disgust crossed his features.

His little corner was impossible to view from below, but on the same level people could see. They simply chose not to. It was his space, and he made it clear that he didn't even want eyes wandering in the direction. The man pulled out a handkerchief, dipping it in a glass of water that was next to his bourbon; wiping at the skin which now held only fading pink marks.

"I really do fancy your singing." He spoke only once the blood was no longer speared across his face, then folded up the cloth and placed it within a jacket pocket. From a pocket on the opposite side, he pulled out a cigar, cigar cutter, and gold zippo. "Would you like one?" he offered. "I always carry an extra." Being purposefully maddening toward the woman as he cut both ends of the cigar.

--------------------

Keiran instantly had Silennia's attention when he began talking. It was the most she had heard him speak yet, and his voice was entrancing; making her feel sleepy and safe, as if she were being wrapped in a warm blanket during a winter thunderstorm. Her mind tried to unclutter, but it was too difficult.

"Oh, that's truly terrible," Korina offered. "I'm sorry to hear that. "What made her band choose this place? Granted it's a pretty fine area, isn't it, Silennia?"

This helped her come out from her strange stupor, nodding with a smile. "Yeah, there are a lot of places to get gigs around here. Typically if you're a hit in a bigger city, you become famous more quickly... but everyone that comes through here is just on their way to somewhere else in specific."

Korina added, "And you bunch don't seem to be going in one exact direction."

Raoul pitched in, "She's good though, your sister. I'm not surprised that Damien offered to keep her for another night. The crowd enjoyed themselves. Nothing major happened, which is a plus." He cracked a laugh. "I don't think there's been a single band that hasn't started shit, whether it be tripping out on drugs to going out and having some guy's girl behind the place. It attracts dramatic, psychotic situations like I've never seen before."

Their waitress came by and asked if anyone wanted desert; everyone shaking their heads. "Do you need boxes?" Silennia nodded, looking toward Keiran questioningly to see if he wanted to box his to take later or not. "I'll bring out your checks... how do you want it paid?"

Raoul offered to pay for the lot, smiling bashfully when Korina made a big deal out of it.

"We invited you boys, it's only fair for us to take care of you instead of the other way around."

"It's alright, Kori. I've got--"

"Kori?" Silennia didn't bother suppressing her laughter. "You hate that nickname! You punched a teacher in high school because he kept slipping up with it!"

The waitress brought the check out, placing it in the center of the table before walking away. Korina looked hurt, almost, at the accusation. "He always was a dick, though. Who gives fourteen pages of math homework over Christmas break? Besides, I think it's cute when Roo says it."

"Oh, God," Silennia giggled quietly. The wine was definitely making itself known. "They're at the nickname stage."

The bill was paid, and Raoul stood with Korina. "You don't mind me leaving you, do you?" the ginger asked.

Silennia shook her head, beginning to stand as well. "I'll be fine. I have this guy to protect me." She winked at Korina and playfully nudged Keiran's shoulder.

With that, the two girls hugged and Raoul shook Keiran's hand; exiting after their coats had been given back to them. Leaving just Keiran and Silennia, who, instead of standing and feeling as if she were swaying, simply sat back down. Her box of food was pretty full, with the leftover mushrooms, garlic knots and pasta in it. She didn't mind; it gave her an excuse not to cook the next day, or some time within the next few days.

"And then there were two," she commented with a sigh.

'Isn't that what your kind does? Toy with people? It doesn't feel so good on the other end, does it, Mina?'

At his words, she had snarled, "You-"

The songstress seemed stunned to find herself pinned against the wall, looking up at Damien as she watched those deep scratches she had caused beginning to seal shut on their own. This wasn't exactly how she had expected this confrontation to go. Her eyes narrowing dangerously, and the second he released her wrists, her fingers flexed as if she was going to slap him a second time, or, quite possibly go for his throat.

Not saying a single word as she watched him step away, sitting down once more, yet, she didn't fail to notice how he kept her in his sights. Never turning his back to her completely. Smart man... except, he wasn't exactly just a man, now was he?

In the same way that she had her secrets, she had caught a glimpse of his. Of course. It should have been obvious to her the first time she had ever laid eyes upon him... but she had overlooked it.

A demon.

So very much like herself.

With her eyes still burning crimson as her temper smoldered, every little comment he made towards her only made it burn hotter. She didn't sit down, instead, she started pacing. Glaring at him when he offered her a cigar. At that moment in time, his attempts to speak to her were quite similar to that of a foolish boy poking a wild animal with a stick.

Abruptly, the cigar in his hands spontaneously combusted, being completely engulfed as a wicked smirk twisted at Mina's lips, "Sorry." She sneered, "I don't smoke. It's bad for your health."

---------------------------------------------------

"We were heading for California. Mina thought it would be a good idea to stop and play a show or two before we got out on the west coast." Of course, when Mina had made such a suggestion, the red head hadn't thought that she would be stuck here for any longer than a single night. Now, it had been two days. Possibly going onto a third.

At Raoul's comment, however, Keiran actually laughed, "You don't know my sister." He remarked, "She's quick tempered and reckless at time... which is the main reason I've been tagging along. That girl gets herself into a tight situation faster than anyone I've ever seen or met before." He shook his head, "She's been well-behaved so far, but don't expect that the last."

He smiled to Silennia. While Mina made a interesting topic, Keiran wasn't invested in it. These were all things he had said before regarding her, and he merely told it now since they seemed curious about her.

Once they had paid for their meal, Keiran had his leftovers boxed- if anything, Ratri might eat it. The dim-witted drummer having a tendency to eat almost anyone's leftovers.

Once their extra company had left, it came to Keiran's attention that he finally had her all to himself. He smile to her with that charming smile of him, "Two is a good number, is it not?" He mused, nodding towards the door, "Wanna get out of here?" Standing up, he offered her his arm, picking up both his and her box of leftovers with his still-free arm, "Come on." He seemed suddenly lively, those amber hues dancing practically, "You can show me around town."

Damien dropped the cigar when it burst into flames, sighing with irritation. "These are expensive," he growled. "I'm surprised you don't recognize me, to be perfectly honest. Demons have their own regions. You didn't even sense me. Hungry, are we? Or just becoming slow?" He pulled the second cigar out, doing the same with it as the first; lighting it and taking a puff. "Probably just slow." Rolling the smoke around in his mouth before slowly letting it slip from his lips.

"There are so many things bad for your health these days, aren't there? Smoking. Eating. Sex. Drugs. Even money is bad for your health. But we all indulge, some more than others. And then there are those who don't have to worry about the consequences -- such as ourselves -- of such petty things. Drinking, for example. Was all of that a show, or are you really drunk?" He couldn't tell, pulling more smoke into his mouth.

--------------------

Silennia looked up at him, standing and looping her arm through his. "A tour would be good if I could see entirely straight," she mumbled. Usually when she was tipsy, she had an energy drink to boost her up. It helped her sleep later, too, when the caffeine and sugar crash came. "I do want to leave though." Such a gentleman, she thought at seeing him pick up her box as well as his.

She slipped her coat on before pulling her scarf off to adjust it, now that her back was no longer exposed. Walking out into the crisp air seemed to bring back her senses, blinking a few times as cold wind bit at her cheeks and nose. "We can walk for a while," she said softly; smiling up at him. "Only if you don't mind carrying our food around."

Her apartment was about twenty blocks away, which was irritating, but she knew they could always get a cab if one of them got tired. Her feet still hurt from the previous night... at least the flats were comfortable. They were in a rather fancy part of town, although it was no less dangerous than the suburbs. Prostitutes on every other corner, drug deals happening just feet away from them. It saddened her.

She explained a few statues along the way; one was of a mare and foal. The story behind it was of the Native Americans that used to live and proper there, and the only things they traded were their horses since food was particularly hard to grow in that area. This particular strip was dedicated mostly to Native Americans, and most of the casinos were owned by them. Statue after statue there were old chiefs, battle victories, and hardships. Silennia explained each one as best as she could without boring her companion, finally stopping at a large fountain.

Swans were shaped to fly; a beautiful woman bent down as if to fill a pot with water. The swans fluttered around her, and on the other side of the figure, wings could be seen pushing from her back. Next to her on the bank lay a child bundled up. "My mother used to take me here when I was little," Silennia said quietly, touching the seat of the fountain. "She said I would appreciate it one day, since I hated coming here as a little girl." She frowned. "I'm tired." It was abrupt, as if her emotions tugged on her hard enough to exhaust her. "I certainly hope you aren't a rapist," she sighed. "Because you're coming back to the apartment with me. At least to walk me there."

She was most certainly not going to walk that far, or even take a cab. Not this late at night, when she was exhausted and still tipsy. The protective feeling Keiran emitted (or at least, that Silennia felt) made her feel safest with him.

He was quick to rub salt into the wound, wasn't he? It was true she hadn't noted him. True that her hunger had been growing...
but she didn't want to give him that satisfaction of being right, and she scowled at him slightly, not bothering to give him a answer or a explanation about why she hadn't known him for what he truly was.

Oh, how that loose tongue of his infuriated her, and she considered setting his second cigar aflame when he puffed on it.

Only now, did she sit down in the chair opposite from him. Lifting a arched brow towards him at his question, "Why don't you tell me, since you're oh so wise." She mocked, crossing her legs. Any effects she might have had from the whiskey had already been burned out of her system at this point in time.

"I don't know who you think you are, but you've clearly have been trying to tie me down here." She sneered, "So far, I've played along nicely, but now you're just starting to really piss me off, Damien. What do you want from me?" Her tone held a accusing edge to it, her frustration showing quite clearly on her face, and she hated how he had wiggled up under her skin so quickly.

-----------------------------------------------

Keiran didn't mind carrying the food in the least. Listening to what Silennia had to tell him about some of the scenery they passed, occasionally chipping in a comment or a smoothly placed compliment... but despite the seemingly harmless conversation, the entire time he was studying her. Trying to learn as much about the ebony-maned woman as he could. His entire being conscious of the spots where their bodies touched as they walked.

Finally pausing at a elaborately decorated fountain. Amber hues seeming somewhat interested in the scene, recognizing the scene after a moment of such observation, "It's a Valkyrie." He mused, looking towards the statue of the woman with wings protruding from her back. Glancing towards Silennia, "Mythology can be quite fascinating, you know."

So spoke the demon.

Still supporting Silennia on his arm as he heard her finally mention being tired. It was beginning to get late, after all, chuckling at her rapist comment, though, he made no comment towards it as he agreed to accompany her, "Then I'll have to oblige."

"I very well can't leave a lady alone on the streets at night and intoxicated. " He teased.

"Wisdom comes with age. While I'm not young by human standards, that isn't what led me to figure it out." He played with more smoke in his mouth, rolling his tongue around as it seeped through his lips. Cigars weren't meant for inhaling; specifically for tasting the smoke and enjoying it. It amused him when young men smoked them for the first time, thinking it was something that they inhale deeply, and then watching them become physically ill afterwards.

"It's not that I'm trying to tie you down here. I'm just curious as to why you came this way." He wanted to toy with her some more, but figured it was in his best interest to start getting to the point. "Think of it as... territory. Someone comes onto your land. They weren't paying very much attention when they did, otherwise they wouldn't be there. Let's say you were intrigued by said person. Would you let them leave, with power over them? Of course you wouldn't." More smoke rolled past his lips. "I feed much like you, in a way. Not through the same means, but through emotions. You're a bomb waiting to go off; a firecracker that's been lit and is reaching the powder. Everything about you screams a means of nutrition for me... but what fascinates me most, Mina--" he paused, leaning forward toward her. "Is how a succubus has as much power as you. I've come across hundreds, perhaps even more, and they weren't a fraction of what you have. And with that power, you're going from club to club for entertainment. Can you see why I'm so intrigued by you?"

He could tell how frustrated she was, and it seemed as though this sort of thing didn't happen often. Perhaps he shouldn't give her too much hell about it... but this was proving to be too much fun. Even now, he was winning. She still could have left and just ignored the pay. It didn't look as if she were hurting for money. Yet here she was, sitting in front of him, as he spoke.

-----------------

Silennia stared up at the statue for a few more moments when Keiran explained what it was. The term seemed familiar, but her mind was too hazy to ask any further questions. Shaking her head and smiling wider when he had nothing to say about what she said. Typically, such a thing would have never come from her mouth, but the alcohol seemed to have turned her into quite the talker tonight. Korina was usually the one who said these things, later becoming embarrassing about them. Silennia was always reserved and quiet, only speaking and laughing when appropriate.

The apartment was too far to walk, so she hailed a cab and slid in close to Keiran, thankful for the heat inside the car. With late-night traffic, it took nearly ten minutes for the driver to arrive in front of the complex, and by that point Silennia was nearly asleep. She sighed and yawned, tugging a few bills from the envelope in her purse to hand to the driver. She slid her key-card in, entered a pin, then a second pin before a buzzing noise sounded. The door to the building opened. Before stepping inside, she turned to peek at the thermometer: reading 18 degrees.

"Christ it's cold," she muttered. They had to exit the main building to go up one flight of outdoor stairs, then one flight of indoor stairs. Her key didn't want to work, nearly breaking it in the lock, but it finally let go; pushing the door open with her left hand. Her right immediately went toward a switch on the wall, flipping it up... but nothing happened. She paused, flipping it down then back up again. Still nothing. "What the hell?" The raven-haired woman suddenly realized how cold it was in the apartment as well. "Did they turn off my fucking power?" she snapped. The office downstairs wouldn't open until 9am the next morning, so even if this was a mistake, there was nothing to be done until later. Her father told her he had paid the electric bill in the small place, since it wasn't that much. Silennia herself would have covered it, but he insisted on doing at least that much.

"Shit, sorry." Suddenly remembering Keiran was still there, she fumbled around into the kitchen where there was a camping flashlight in one of the cabinets, flipping the on-switch and smacking it to make it work. "God, it's cold." There was the option of staying at Korina's, but she didn't currently have a key, and she was most certain that her friend wasn't going to be home tonight anyway. Instantly, Silennia went around lighting candles and pulling out more camping lights. It showed that she had plenty of experience with this before, knowing exactly where every little match was hidden and where spare candles and their holders were. It had been nearly a year since their power had been cut, but the drill was always the same.

Back
Top Bottom