Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Supporting Blue Moon

Vekseid

Most imposing inkwell.
Administrator
Some basic questions. Obviously, if you already want to support the place, the links at the top of every page load will qualify.

How much does Blue Moon cost to run?

About $100/month. This includes all sites on Blue Moon's server, including associated domains, as well as Blue Moon's SSL certificate, and so on. I could certainly run the place for a bit less, but there's no need.

That's more than DRP pays for a year!

I rest my case.

Will Blue Moon be shut down?

Only if it fails to grow.

You can keep that from happening by linking to Blue Moon and telling people about it.

So why do you run this?

Right now, Blue Moon is basically functioning as a loss-leader link pointing to Elliquiy. It also helps keep the cultures separate. Nothing against either Elliquiy or Blue Moon, obviously - but they don't mix.

It's also personally instructive regarding handling cPanel/RHEL sites under load. Not that you particularly care about that.

----

Still, it would be nice if Blue Moon paid its rent - or at least more of it. I'm a big fan of keeping solicitations tolerable, however, so what you see is going to be about it for awhile.

And for fuck's sake, don't send $5 for the sake of it if you're struggling. Get your own house in order first, please.

If you are dirt broke and want to help, build links and recruit new members. Seriously, one person doing that can do several thousand dollars worth of effort in a month. Web promotion is not exactly a secret.

Back
Top Bottom