Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Effect of Memories (MisaLaVan & Russian Vodka)

Holly's big blue eyes snapped up toward him when he spoke. She couldn't help but smile as she thought about her little wolf. "Really?" She pulled the chair closer to him. "What is it?" She asked. He had her full attention now and she was excited to hear this. She knew all legends came from some type of truth. She didn't know if werewolves were real or not, but she wanted to hear this. Nothing would keep her from her wolf. The excitement she had to hear the story showed in her eyes. She chewed on her lip as she listened to him.

Listening to her, Damian grinned, leaning back on the bed as she moved closer to him. "Well, the legend goes that on the night of the full moon, they gather in the large clearing in the middle, all wolves, and the Alpha of the pack howls first, then his mate, and down the hierachy until they're all howling at the moon." He told her. "It's full moon soon as well." He said, biting his lower lip, this would be a problem, he couldn't get out of beeing at the meeting with the werewolves for the howling, so he couldn't go with Holly. "The legend also says that the wolves roam the forrest and have been known to help strangers who got lost, but they always leave before the person is found." He said, though that one he knew was true. "And that they can become attached to humans, but if the humans are to find out about the werewolf, who it really is, a sacred vow on death must be made so the truth doesn't slip out." He explained, trying to make it sound dramatic.

Holly smiled as she listened to the story. "That's cool... I think we should do that one" She said lightly. She debated from a moment if she should tell him about getting lost as a child. "I ... I got lost once, in the Forrest" She looked down at her hands as they played with the book in her lap. "I was found by this ... wolf pup. He was so cute, is so cute" She smiled at the thought of her wolf. She wasn't about to tell him she still went to wolf. She was worried what he think or say to her about it.

Listening to her, Damian bit his lower lip, looking to her as he nodded. "That's pretty amazing, I didn't think the rumous would be true." He said, nodding. "Alright, we'll do this one, do the project on the local werewolf legend." He said, pulling his bag over to get his notebook and pen out. "So, let's get started? Or would you rather just hang around for a bit and relax first?" He asked, noticing she seemed to be a bit off in her own mind.

She nodded in agreement it was pretty amazing. "Do you believe in werewolves?" She asked lightly. Her hand still played with the paper of her book. She thought about her wolf, could he be a werewolf? She hoped that after all the years if he was he would of showed her. She couldn't help but laugh at herself a bit. Her wolf being a werewolf. Her eyes snapped back up to him and gave him a shy smile. "We can hang out. We have a few days, hopefully it wont take that long" She offered. Excited that he was relaxed and enjoying her time. "Tell me more about you"

Damian nodded, hearing her question. "I don't know if I believe in it or not, I'd like to see it or hear from someone who knows about it, but I'm not denying it." He told her, giving a soft grin as he watched her play with the books in her hands. "Sure, hang out it is." He nodded, moving one of his legs up under the other on the bed. "What do you want to know? I could tell you a lot, but you'll have to be more specific." He said with a soft laugh, figuring he'd help her spend time with him, forgetting how her parents were fighting, to give her some relief and comfort as he smiled softly to her, slowly biting his lower lip again.

Her blue eyes roamed over his face, taking him in. Sure she had checked him out at school, but that was before he relaxed around her. He was handsome, and tall she liked that he was tall. She thought for a moment and licked her lips. "Well I know you have a mom, dad and two older brothers. That you don't know if you believe in werewolves..." She thought for a moment as she trailed off. "What kind of things do you like to do? What kind of music do you like? Favorite color?" She listed off with a a playful smile.

Noticing her looking at him, Damian felt a bit more nervous, did she like what she saw? He couldn't tell as he heard her words, nodding. "Alright." He said, grinning lightly. "I like to read, I spend a lot of my time with some older books I borrow at the library." He begun, shrugging. "Other than that, I hang out with my brothers." He said. "I don't listen to much music, but if I had to pick something I enjoy, I think it'd be rock." He said, slowly changing the way he was sitting as he looked out of the windows. "Favorite colour." He thought for a bit. "I think it's black." The same as the fur on the wolf she met, the same fur that he had in his werewolf shape. The same wolf she was going to meet later that day.

Smiling a bit as he answered her questions. "I like black too, but my favorite color would be light blue" While she enjoyed black, because it reminded of her wolf she couldn't sya it was her favorite color. "I like to read, and watch movies. Do you like movies?" She waved around her room. "I like rock too, and I spend time with my friends... away from home" She looked down for a moment. So many thoughts ran through her mind. "Why .... why have you never talked to me before?" Sure she knew he was shy, but he never sat by her before or said hi to her. She always tried to say hi to everyone. She was so friendly.

Listening to her, Damian nodded, hearing her answering the questions as well as he grinned. "I don't know much about movies, we rarely watch them so I have no clue what's really good." He said, looking around the room as she waved her hand out. "I don't really have friends, besides my brother, I think that's why I never talked to you. I don't feel like I fit in with everyone else." He sighed, leaning back a bit on her bed. "I mean, don't get me wrong, it's just that I'm the only one in the entire school from my neighbourhood, everyone else from there is older than me." He told her, shaking his head, enjoying her company, even if it did sting a bit to reveal some of the stuff about him that he didn't like.

Holly couldn't stop the look of shocked that slipped onto her face. "You don't watch movie?" She just looked at him for a moment and shook her head. "Well... I will take you to see a movie" She listened as he went on again giving him a soft smile. "I'll be your friend." She offered. She watched him as he sat back on her bed. The yelling got louder until the front door slammed. Holly's eyes looked toward her feet and she didn't say anything for a long moment. "We... we can start working on the project tomorrow... then maybe this weekend we can go see a movie" She offered. Trying to act like nothing had happened. She looked ta the time and she had 20 minutes until she had to meet her wolf, she would need to get going soon.

Damian blushed, hearing her words about him not having watches movies, he nodded. "Alright, we'll go see one." He was happy to have her as a friend, it meant a lot to him as she was really his first proper friend outside his neighbourhood. He heard the door slam as well, the silence following before he heard her words. "Alright, we'll continue the project tomorrow and then we'll talk about this weekend." He agreed, getting up as he grabbed his bag. "I'll see myself out." He said, heading out with a wave and a soft smile on his face.

Holly was happy when Damian agreed to go see a movie with her. With the slamming of the front door she wasn't ready for this. She nodded and gave him a smile. "See you tomorrow" She said. She want into her closet to change into her 'wolf' clothes. It was grey sweat pants and top. She head down stairs and slipped out the back door. She was leaving a little early but she just needed out. Walking back into the woods she made her way down the path she had walked for so many years. She didn't need to see to know where she was going, it was burned forever in her mind. Coming to the log she took a seat. her mind replaying everything that had been happening. Her family hadn't always been broke, it happen a few months before they moved here. It was part of the reason they had moved her. Part of her missed her old home, but she couldn't even think of a life with out her wolf. More then once she had tried to get him to come home with her. She knew her parents wouldn't say anything if she brought home a 'dog'.

Damian left quickly, knowing he didn't have long, he ran home through the back alleys, taking as many shortcuts as he could find. He still had a few minutes as he dropped his stuff in his room, glad it was on the ground floor in the far end, he leapt out of the window, changing to the black adolescent wolf in the process. He ran through the forest, remembering just where they were supposed to meet, and he was only a minute late as he came into the clearing, seeing Holly sitting on the log, he gave a happy bark to let her know he was there as he moved swiftly over to sit down in front of her, his eyes calm, gentle and soft as he placed a paw on her knee, his usual greeting, his tongue out, causing him to pant lightly and his ears up in the air so he could listen to her.

Holly looked up at the sound of a bark. "There you are" She cooed happily. She reached out to pet his head as his paw found her knee. She slid off of the log and petted his head lightly. "why does everything have to be so messed up?" She questioned. Her eyes locked on him for a moment. Her fingers running gentle through his fur. "I made a new friend today. Damian. He ... is shy, but I just. I want to be his friend. It was funny at first he didn't seem very ... pleased to working with me. Then once we got home and he started to talk. He relaxed it was nice to see" She couldn't help but think about how relaxed Damian was once they started to talk. "We are going out to see a movie this weekend. Its not really a date I guess, I mean I asked him and we just be coming friends." Her eyes moved back down to the little wolf. "What have you been doing?" She asked jokingly. It was nice to just relax and not worry about anything. There was something about both Damian and her pup that made her so relaxed.

Damian listened to her, in the shape of the wolf, having what always appeared like a smile on his face when she spoke of him, moving his head in to nuzzle against her arm, enjoying the feeling of her fingers running through his fur. He let her finish talking before he looked into her eyes, seeming to nod, it was alright with him that she had a friend, he had to play this role after all as he suddenly bounced up, a hand on either side of her on the log, and he moved in, licking her face lovingly, his tail wagging happily, something he did every time she asked him what he'd been doing, his own way of showing that he'd been missing her, even if it'd only been a single day since they last met.

Holly smiled as wolf licked at her face. "I missed you too" She kissed his nose and petted his side. Letting out a sigh she couldn't help but think over what else had happened. "My parents are fighting, its worse then ever. They even did it when Damian was over.... He probally thinks I'm messed up and wont go out with me." She let out another sad sigh. She moved slowly as she stood up. "Lets go for a walk, Buddy." She started to walk watching the little wolf pup at her feet. "What do you think pup... hmmm... am I messed up?" She asked. Sure she had friends, but she didn't feel close to any of them. She had had boyfriends but never loved them, and the relationships never went anywhere.

Damian enjoyed the time with her, though when she mentioned her parents fighting, even when he'd been over, he felt a bit saddened. He moved down, letting her get up as he walked with her, hearing her question. He wanted to comfort her, and he did it the best way he could, by licking her hand before nudging his head gently against it, moving in under it, he brushed his head against her hand back towards his ears, looking up at her with a pair of cheerful eyes. He enjoyed her company as he walked close to her, his expression trying to tell her that she wasn't messed up, that she was alright no matter what. This felt so much easier to him, why couldn't he just be the wolf at all times? He often wondered that, but realised that it was his curse to be human at times, but a wolf at other times.

Holly smiled and rubbed his ears when he nudged at her hand. "Your such a good boy." She kept walking, only coming to a stop when the lake came into view. She didn't know who's land the lake sat on but they had been coming here for years. She sat down and looked at her wolf pup. "We have been meeting for years, I have never seen another wolf out here." Why she felt the need to talk to him like he was a person she would never know. "Don't you have a pack? Mom, Dad, Sibling?" She just looked at him for a moment. "We are doing a project on werewolves... do you know any?" She joked. Her mind ran with the idea... what if there were werewolves. While she knew she would be scared at first she found the idea cool. To be able to turn into a wolf, to run and be free it would be the best feeling in the world. She wondered if she would even know if someone was a werewolf.

Damien was glad when she rubbed his ears, it felt good to him, though he knew he'd only let her do so when he was a wolf. No one else was allowed. Walking to the lake with her, he sat down next to her, looking, his tongue hanging lightly out of his mouth, allowing him to sweat to relieve some of the heat he built up while walking. It was warm after all, to be covered in fur like this. When she mentioned a pack, and his family, he moved in against her, nuzzling her arm, his head seeming to nod. He did have a family, but he didn't think it'd be wise to introduce her to them like this. And then she mentioned the project, he got the strangest urges to transform back to human, to show her everything. But he knew it would frighten her, and if she found out it was really Damian, she might not want to see him again. So he just looked down, shaking his head lightly. He lied to her, but he knew there was no way she could tell it was a lie. After all, to her right now, he was just a wolf.

Her arm wrapped around the puppy, though he was lightly big she picked up and place him in her lap. She cuddled into home and took a deep breath. "It would be cool though. Just think if you could turn into a human, we could be friends." She smiled at the thought. The more she thought about it the more she like the idea. "As scary as it would be ... it would be cool to know a werewolf." Sitting there cuddled up to the wolf she just enjoyed being in the woods. She wondered if all they said about werewolves was true. She smiled at the thought as kissed the wolfs head. She had never given him a name, just called him pup. "Does your family miss you when your with me?" She asked looking down at his brown wolf eyes.

Damien felt her arms wrapping around him, like usually, she lifted him up into her lap. He cuddled against her, enjoying the warmth as he laid down quietly, listening to her. His ears perked up and his eyes closed as he felt her kiss the top of his head. He knew she'd always called him pup, a nickname his brothers also used because he was the youngest. Not that he cared as he heard her question, his eyes opening, he rolled over on his back in her lap, his tongue hanging out the side of his mouth and paws in the air, obviously he wanted to have his belly rubbed, but it was also a sign that he knew his family didn't miss him in those moments. As long as he returned, they wouldn't bother worrying about him.

Holly's hand moved down and gently rubbed his belly. Her eyes locked on the water in the lake as her hand moved slowly. She simply sat there looking at nothing as the time passed. Her hand moved slowly around the wolfs belly. She let out a sigh before looking down at him. "Lets head back" She said. She waited for him to get up before standing. The sun was starting to set and she walked slowly. She wasn't looking forward to going him, she wished she had someone else to go. Her thoughts brought her back to Damien, and she wished she had gotten his number.

Damien knew she hadn't gotten his number, which made him a bit worried. But when he enjoyed her rubbing his belly, he growled playfully, stretching himself until it was time to head back. He moved a bit ahead of her, slipping out of her sight, he had a secret for her. He found the small note where he'd left it, tucked in between some branches, a slip of paper with his number, he moved to place it on the tree trunk she'd been sitting on where he usually met her as he sat by it, waiting for her to get to him, his tail wagging, acting like he hadn't noticed the piece of paper.

Holly giggled and gave a small growl back tot he wolf. She sat there holding him, rubbing his belly for hours. Just watching the world go by. Soon though it was time to go. She stood and walked toward the log, the place they would part. She smiled watching him run ahead. However when she reached the wolf she came to a stop. She looked at the paper then around the woods. She moved closer and took the paper, reading it. She was shocked at the fact it was Damien's number and she wondered how he got it here, how he knew. She knelled down and kissed the wolfs nose. "I'll see you tomorrow" She head back home.
Once home she slipped into the back door and up to her room. She looked over the number and after a few minutes picked up her cell phone. Putting in the number she placed the phone to her ear. She waited for someone to answer swallowing hard. "Is... is this Damien?"

Back
Top Bottom