Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Who's Really Going Crazy Here? (Noodlesoup and Dysy)

Noodlesoup

Star
Vick had always been the charitable sort, always the first to volunteer when the city park needed cleaning up or when a neighbor needed a dog looked after. So when the city started a new program designed to help former mental patients readjust to living in normal society, the generous young man signed up as soon as he was able.

He was the perfect candidate. He had first bought his apartment when his girlfriend wanted them to have a place for the two of them to live together. It was a roomy place with two bedrooms, one main bedroom and a guest room, a kitchen, bathroom, living room and decent storage space. However, when she broke Vick's heart and left, the poor sap couldn't bring himself to leave. And so, the 28 year old slept in a lonely queen sized bed in a big, lonely house. Still, he got by, mostly by distracting himself with charity work.

It had been 4 years since Vick's girlfriend left him the day he was to receive his new guest. The program was to last a month and could be extended if the patient still needed some help. He could spare a month, right? It's not like he had much else to do. His work wasn't too demanding and Vick had plenty of money saved up for extra food and such. What could go wrong? So, at 10:00 am Vick stood in his casual t-shirt and jeans to welcome his guest. The agency had told him they'd arrive around this time. The relatively scrawny man stood at a meek 5'9", never having built himself up much, even with all the volunteering. His long, reddish-brown hair hung in waves and curls on his head and his handsome face smiled to welcome whoever would walk through his door.

Nurses' Notes:
Catherine "Kitty" Winters. Also goes by Kit. Her nickname came from her ability to slip through small areas due to her petite stature and small frame. Brown hair, hand-cut to shoulder length. Heterochromia - hazel (right) and blue (left). Possible childhood injury to her left eye? Very agile on her feet and likely to bite strangers and those who make her uncomfortable. 25 years of age. Will be 26 in two days. Nails have been clipped short as a safety percaution, very intelligent but her grasp on reality seems limited. No blood relations alive.

Two nurses dead at her hands.

Kit rocked herself uneasily in the center of her room. To the tips of her toes, back onto her heels, it wasn't a nervous tick or anything - she was simply counting, and rocking kept her busy - she hated standing still. But, she had it down to a science of some sorts, they did this every month, where the rooms were evacuated and rotated and sometimes patients who were there yesterday... just weren't there anymore. She hadn't quite figured out where they went to but anywhere would be better than here.

Pushing herself up onto the tips of her toes it was easy to understand how Kit got her name. She didn't stand flat footed like most people, but instead insisted on standing daintily on her toes. Her ankles, bruised and scarred from many fights against restraints and treatment, strained slightly under her weight as she peered around her empty room. To anyone it looked like any other patient room, she had been classified early as someone who wouldn't be allowed items out of the ward's reach, so her room remained plainly untouched. Her room only contained a bed and a simple lamp that remained chained to the drawer - but that was really all Kit needed to keep herself entertained.

Dressed in her "finest", complete in a white button up shirt, and white capri-pants with her name neatly stitched on the leg, Kit gathered her belongings - consisting of a few dainty dresses, her undergarments, and a necklace that Kit never wore but simply insisted on always keeping it with her. The last nurse that tried taking away the "Prohibited Item" returned home with a few bite marks in her arm as well as a bald patch where Kit snatched a good handful of hair from her. Kit barely remembered the incident but whenever it was brought up in conversation, all she could remember was how it made her feel and she felt tickled damn pink.

Slinking into the line of patients that lined the white washed hallways Kit smiled cheerily to the onlooking nurses. "Well Good Morning Miss Kitty, where do you think you're going?" The way the nurse spoke to her mimicked that on how a mother spoke down to a child.

"Well - I'm free." Kit sighed as if she had been holding that line in her chest since she entered the hospital. Without another thought the nurse only nodded her head before dismissing the thought.

She guessed not all 'impossible' patients really were impossible.

---
Arriving at Vick's house - Kit simply undressed herself on the porch of Vick's home with no shame to baring her body to the few onlookers that were on their morning stroll. Tugging on a dandelion patterned dress Kit smoothed down the invisible creases before gathering up her things haphazardly into her suitcase and proceeding to knock. Leaning forward on her toes, Kits face was nearly pressed against the door as she waited for an answer.

Vick heard a knock at the door and practically beamed. He couldn't wait to have someone around the house again. He didn't care what was wrong with them, he was sure they were a beautiful person on the inside. The poor, sappy fool called out "Coming!" cheerfully and opened the door, his eyes brightening as he looked at the girl before him.
Her dress looked so cute on her and the way she stood on her toes made her seem even more child-like. Vick hadn't expected someone quite this pretty, though she seemed just a little thin, she was very cute. "Hello there, what's your name?" He asked curiously, moving out of the way. "Come in, come in, welcome home!" He said, one arm spreading out toward the home. "I'm Vick and I'll be your host for a while so please just let me know if you need something."

((I hope that's not too short, sorry, I'm sure the intro looks much better than this. XD))

"Home? This is not home." Kit nodded her head slowly, but still followed Vick into the home. Peering around Kit noted her surroundings, there wasn't anything in particular that she liked, and there really wasn't anything she disliked.

She'd have to change that.

Kit's background was... Somewhat that of a mystery to the staff of the "Home" she was accustomed to. The only thing that the staff made comments on, was the girl's odd eyes, but considering how often the girl had run into things, or had broken things, they assumed that her vision in that eye was, to say the least - poor. When they had taken her in, the girl had bruises up and down her body, though none of that relating to 'abuse'. She was kicking and screaming - but who wouldn't be doing such a thing when at only thirteen years of age - they were being dragged off under the claim of 'insanity'?

Bounding into the male's home, Kit dragged her small suitcase in before haphazardly dropping it at the front door. Kit was very childlike in most senses, though her body surely had developed it was still petite and lanky. She almost looked like willow branches swaying in the wind when she moved. Without a word, and without a greeting, Kit pushed past the male and disappeared out of sight. She bee-lined straight for the male's own room before flopping into the bed, her face smashing into the sheets. Inhaling deeply Kit stretched out slowly - it wasn't her intention to find the male's bedroom (honestly, she intended just to explore), but of course a large comfortable bed caught her eye.

"This is nearly double the size of my bed." She murmured into the sheets, her eyes closing slightly. Stretching out, Kit managed to touch the tips of her fingertips to the top corners of the bed, and her feet barely reached the bottom. For a moment all seemed peaceful, until Kit sat up and eyed the open door way. Shivering slightly, her brows furrowed before she leapt off the bed and slammed it shut with a satisfying 'bang'. Flopping back onto the bed, Kit seemed to making herself right at home.

Staring a bit nervously, Vick wasn't sure what to say to that. "Oh.." was the only thing to come out of his mouth as she pushed her way in and went straight for his bedroom. He gave a quiet sigh, trying to figure out what to do here. Surely he could afford letting her take his bed, right? He had another bed and even a couch if he needed it. He followed her to his room and found her lying face down on it spread out like a pancake. He was wondering what she was even doing there when she suddenly leaped up and, without even acknowledging him, slammed the door shut. Well, he thought, guess I'm in the guest room then. Phew, relax, pal, it's just a bed. Be patient with her and you'll get along. He spent a moment listening through the door and when he heard very little, he knocked. "Um, Excuse me? I-I'm sorry to bug you but I never got your name." He called through the door, trying not to sound too meek and obviously failing. As he waited for a response, Vick stood there, fidgeting a bit as he wondered what disorder she even had. He was no psychologist, so it coudl be anything. Bipolar, depression, maybe paranoia? Vick decided to leave the subject alone for now and focused on liking her, smiling in practice for when she opened the door.

Furrowing her brow at the male's voice, Kit sighed. She waited momentarily on the bed, listening to the male speaking to her, but rather than answer, she remained on the bed. Pursing her lips, Kit stared up at the ceiling, it wasn't that she... didn't know how to answer, she knew how to, it was simply she didn't care to. Kit remained there for a full moment before finally standing up and heading towards the door. Opening the door, Vick was surely met with a face full of Kit as the girl reached forward her pale hands grasping the male's face before pulling it down to her level six inches below him. Pressing her lips firmly against his, the kiss didn't last long before Kit pushed him back and away.

Clearly, she got what she needed.

What Kit had... Didn't have a name. At most the only thing that the nurses could recall was a few theories of PTSD or even depression in some cases where the girl had utterly trashed her room (during her earlier years when she was allowed furniture).

"I'm Kitty. Catherine. Kit. I won't respond to Catherine. Only my mother used to call me that." Kit stood in front of Vick, and only then did Kit realize the height difference, not that it made much of a difference to Kit. She had taken down male nurses before in the 'home' - it was just a matter of figuring out where to hit.

"I'm starving. Have anything to eat around here?" She smiled - though there was something about her smile that she had been told made others.. Uneasy. It wasn't quite as sweet and as innocent as it looked, and there was always some kind of devious intent behind it. "Get me something to eat. My meals were always scheduled, and you're late. Tell me about yourself while you do that." Though Kit surely came off as bossy, her tone remained even.

Just as Vick opened his mouth to speak the slender hand of the girl grasped his face, pulled him down so his neck craned forward and Kit planted her lips against his in a quick but unexpected kiss. Vick might have enjoyed the slightly sweet taste of her lips had he not been so utterly caught off guard by it, his eyes widening like a madman as he contemplated why she could have even been doing that. Coudl she be a nymphomaniac? He wondered, though that question was answered when she let go, only then giving him her name. "Uh, Kitty, ok. That's a nice name." He said politely, wiping one finger across his lip as if to make that had all actually happened. Vick wiped some hair out of his face and nervously followed her, moving quickly as he led her to the kitchen. "Oh, well you should have said so earlier, let's see..." Vick opened the fridge and leaned forward, surveying his food for options. "THere's some tomato soup I could make, maceroni, and if you're feeling thrifty some leftover chinese." He said with a laugh, glancing over his shoulder to check for her. He wasn't even sure why he did but something about her seemed...unnerving. Like she could be lurking anywhere and he had no idea.

It was then that he realized what she had said and stammered. "O-Oh right, myself, sorry. Um," He grabbed the chinese out of the fridge and pulled the tomato soup out of the cupboard, putting it in the can opener as he spoke over the noise. "Well, I'm not really that interesting. I moved here a while back, been here ever since. I like to volunteer at the homeless shelter, the soup kitchen, that sort of thing. Really boring, if I'm honest." He laughed, pulling the open can out as he poured it's contents into a pot along with a few cups of water. He turned on the stove and placed his chinese in teh microwave. "I took some time off from my schedule, however, so I could make sure you're comfortable. Anyways, what about you? Care to share anything about yourself?" He asked, trying to be as polite as possible.

Kit followed behind him, but instead of looking forward, her eyes were cast downward to the male's feet. Each step he took, she followed up precisely, like a cat watching a metronome, her feet tapping slowly behind the male as they proceeded to the kitchen. "You think I'm cute huh?" The girl's head weaved back and forth as she spoke, as if relishing the thought that her resident caretaker had to even check that the situation in front of him was reality.

Stepping into the kitchen when Kit's feet hit the bare floor, she shivered visibly. Outside it couldn't have been hotter than 75 degrees, but the girl still didn't seem too fond of the cold flooring on her feet. Listening to Vick, the girl could only nod and give a small, half-hearted attempt at a sympathetic smile to the male. "Yes, yes you are." She agreed to the 'boring' aspect. "I was expecting a story of some sorts.." Her eyes closed momentarily, clearly picturing what kind of response she wanted from him:

'I fight for a living, y'know living on the edge - I've got a pet cat. Yes, he's a cougar, cougars are cats. Sometimes when I'm really desperate I pee in a bottle and drink it later. I travel to really far places where water is scarce.'

Kit opened her eyes. Clearly that wasn't a logical response, but a girl could dream, couldn't she?

Drawing circles on the counter, Kit's brows furrowed once more. "I don't enjoy talking about myself. Not much to remember. So I just make up what suits me." She shrugged calmly. "Sometimes it's more fun that way." Her hands, firm against the countertop pushed upwards, lifting her weight up onto the cooking surface as she took a seat upon the counter. "You the only one that lives here?"

The man gave a nervous laugh as she agreed with him. Well, he couldn't really complain, he had said it himself. Vick's life just wasn't that fascinating, not yet anyways. "Yeah, sorry to disappoint but I don't have many stories." He admitted, bringing the soup to a simmer and stirring with a long spoon. Vick had never been a talented cook but he could do the basics. "Heh, I don't mind if you make stuff up. Could be fun." He said with a whole-hearted smile. Though he was a bit uneasy with her, Vick wanted to make Kit feel at home regardless, not saying a word when she sat on the counter next to him. He looked up from the pot and nodded. "Well, kind of...I'm the only human here, if that's what you mean. Although, I do have a cat." He said, smiling. "I just dropped him off at the groomers today to trim his nails and such. He won't let me do it." Vick said with a laugh, pouring some soup into a bowl and placing it next to Kit.

"A - cat? A cat!" Kit exclaimed, much like a child would at the news of owning a pet for the first time. Kit lifted her hands daintily to cover her mouth as she grinned from ear to ear. "Oh, I love cats!" Nibbling at her lip, Kit could feel her face flush with happiness.

"I especially like it when they make that cracking noise."

There was a reason Kit was never given a pet, she wasn't a very careful child. She broke things, often her parents weren't sure if it was on purpose or by accident, so allowing their child to have a pet was perhaps not the smartest decision ever made by her parents. But they had thought, maybe if they got their daughter a kitten, they could teach her how to care for it, and she'd learn responsibility at an early age. Their normally lackadaisical child could learn to love and to care for something other than herself. She had received a kitten when she was ten, it was a soft ball of mewling fuzz, and Kit adored it. She hugged it often, took good care of it the first few months but one night when her parents had come home, the girl no longer had a soft ball of fuzz, but rather a twisted version of it.

Literally.

Kit wasn't allowed another pet the entirety of her life at home, or even at the asylum. Though, she couldn't blame them, she had had so much fun with the kitten, perhaps they were simply jealous of how much fun she and the kitten had and just wanted to take them away. She never argued it, arguing only got her beatings and scoldings. And they never were fair at the home, they always strapped her down - it wasn't even a fair fight!

"What's his name?" Kit asked quizzically. "I wasn't referring to a cat by the way." Kit took a seat at the kitchen table her hands folding delicately so that she may rest her chin upon them. "I was wondering if I'd be living with a lovely lady as well." She continued to smile at the male her eyes fluttering as if she were in some kind of dream land where Vick was a prince and his potential girlfriend, a princess.

[I was thinking, maybe when things got a little more complex with Kit and Vick, we could bring his ex back to maybe - brighten the party up?]

Vick stopped his stirring dead as he listened to the comment she made. Cracking...Now, even to a caring, optimistic soul such as Vick, that comment could only mean one thing...oh no. He turned his head and looked at her, his eyes revealing the slightest bit of horror before he quickly stared back at the simmering soup, stirring some more. "O-Oh, that's...great! I'll have to introduce you two. H-His name's Milo..." It's ok, Vick told himself, pouring himself a bowl and taking the chinese food out of the microwave, Milo's a big kitty, one of those, uh, Savannah breeds, he can take care of himself...for a while..

Vick sat down at the table opposite Kit, taking a sip of soup before nearly choking on it, surprised that she mentioned a woman specifically. "H-Hmm? Uh, well...There was.." He looked away a bit, looking obviously distraught about the subject. "She, um, she went away a while ago and...i don't think she'll be back..." He took another sip of soup, slower this time, and with his head hanging a bit lower than it had been.

((I'd be cool with that. and...please don't kill the cat. XD I have a soft spot for pets, maybe she gets to like this one and it fights back when she plays too rough so she doesn't kill it?))

[To be honest, I really wasn't going to kill the cat. Kit was a child when she did that, she does have a better grasp of herself. She's... quirky.]

Reaching out, it was obvious Kit was simply gong to help herself to the Chinese food. Pursing her lips Kit leaned forward before sniffing her food. The action seemed primal - but Kit had gotten used to the metallic smell of food at the institution. That, and once in a while when she had gotten out of hand, the nurses had crushed pills and placed them into her food. Some pills based on their chemical components simply reeked of chalk. When she seemed satisfied by the smell of the food, Kit bounced out of her seat before beginning her search.

Pulling out everything drawer, by drawer, Kit didn't stop until she found the utensils. Leaving everything exposed and open, Kit pulled herself a fork before jabbing it into the box of food. Spinning her fork idly, Kit barely appeared to be listening to Vick. In fact, she was listening intently - she knew he was lying. She wasn't a child, she simply had quirks, just because she simplified her own speaking, that didn't mean she was dumb!

Kit could feel a small fire burning in her stomach.

"I'm not stupid." Kit's eyes narrowed. She had completely forgotten the prospect of the cat. Leaving her food untouched, Kit leaned forward her eyes piercing Vick's. "She didn't go away - she left you." The truth was harsh, but she was an adult, she understood the prospect of relationships. Just because she wasn't allowed functional relationships didn't mean she didn't understand them! "Don't treat me like a child." The comment was nearly a snarl in Kit's voice. It was amazing how fast Kit went from a seemingly happy-go-lucky girl to a girl who looked like she could easily do 'unmentionable' things with her fork.

"But it's alright," Kit returned to her seat slowly, but her eyes remained on Vick, "You don't need her anymore! You have me." Her frown had faded, as well as her icy demeanor replaced by the same smile she greeted Vick with.

((Oh good. lol. I didn't really expect you to flat out kill it, I just wanted to clarify in case you were thinking that. I'm glad we're on the same page. :) ))

Vick watched as she rumaged through his kitchen drawers, thinking that he should ask her what she was doing but decided to watch and see what was going on. She pulled out a fork and he gave a small smile, resolving to close all the drawers in a bit. Suddenly, Kit caught Vick by surprise by pointing out his obvious lie, his eyes going a bit wide as he looked at her. His head sank a bit and he nodded, feeling guilty. "You're right, she did. You're definitely not stupid and I'm sorry if I made it seem like I thought that. I just...It hurts." He looked up at her, smiling as she tried to comfort him. To him, it seemed a very friendly gesture, nodding with a laugh. "That's right, who needs her when you're around?" He responded, instantly cheered up as he ate his food.

He thought back briefly on her reaction to the food, taking a few sips of his soup as he thought. "So, did they normally put pills in your food?" He asked, smirking as he deduced her strange sniffing of the soup. He clearly wasn't stupid either. "Don't worry, I don't have any pills. I mean, unless you want some ibuprofen or bandages." He said with a joking laugh, taking a glance at the box she pierced, not sure if he should dare take his food back.

"Ibuprofen will just give you a stomach ache." Kit muttered calmly. She had no intentions of sharing the Chinese food. Soup had no texture, it was just liquid and was probably no different than drinking flavored, hot water. Licking her lips, Kit eyed the food once more before pulling up a mouthful of food, and devouring what was on the fork. Her eyes glittered slightly at the taste. Having flavorful food at the hospital was a 'privilege', something Kit hadn't earned during her entire stay there, so she was always stuck with bland food.

Shifting uneasily in her seat, Kit stood up with the cup of Chinese food in her hand, before hopping up onto the table. Plopping herself on the table, Kit folded her legs beneath her and sighed contently. "So what do you do for fun around here? It's... pretty boring. We should pick up your cat." Kit's mind was racing, and buzzing, she rarely settled on one topic. "I think I'd like to meet him. They didn't allow animals in that - hell."

Though Kit's wording had seemed childish up until then, the term she used for the home was dropped so casually. She had heard the nurses curse, and often the words were directed at patients, even herself. Nurses were only worried about getting paid, the nurses that had hearts of gold worked in actual hospitals, not mental homes. These nurses used any means necessary to subdue and to make their job easier to maneuver patients around. "Well they did, but the cat ran away. So did the dog, and the hamster barely lived a week. I think they all knew it was a bad place to be. I don't blame them." Kit shrugged as she stuffed another mouthful of food into her mouth. Though she took large bites of food, the girl chewed daintily, her eyes darting around the kitchen curiously, still adjusting to her surroundings.

Hell? Rick forgot about his cat for a moment and thought, looking up at Kit as she sat down on the table. Was it really that bad there? He'd heard of the state of many mental hospitals but had no idea this one was so...cruel. He looked up into Kit's darting eyes. There was no reason to think she was lying, she didn't have the focus to lie, not this effectively. "I'm...I'm sorry." Rick stood up, now at eye level with her as he considered giving her a hug. After just a moment's hesitation he quickly wrapped his arms around her, quickly pulling away to make sure he didn't seem strange. "It's ok now. We're going to go get our cat." He said, smiling as he picked up his car keys, pulling his jacket off the rack. "You can take the food with if you want. Just don't spill." he added, slipping on some shoes as he thought on how miserable Kit must have been. Even if she had problems, Rick would make sure she was happy, at least while he was around.

No one understood. The hospital truly was a hell for all of its patients.

She used to get food thrown at her, and more than once, Kit had returned to her room, smiling sadly as she picked out noodles from the spoiled milk that dampened her hair. She would have to wait until laundry day, and until that day the uniform she was given was going to smell. Laundry day was two days away, and the next morning when Kit had opted to go without clothes and just her undergarments, she was literally thrown back into her room and roughly dressed by the nurses who only insulted her, called her names like 'slut' and 'tart'.

Blinking back to reality, Kit stared incredulously at Vick. "O-Our cat?"

Her eyes fluttered rapidly as Kit stood up slowly, her fork tipped dangerously almost out of the Chinese box as she followed Vick. "You're gonna share it with me?" Kit continued to stare incredulously. She remembered wailing as a kid, as much as she enjoyed hurting the cat - the guilt that consumed her after, made the entire action almost.. not as pleasing. She remembered the screaming, the shrieking from her mother that they had raised a demon child... She had been so pleased with the broken feline, when she looked down and saw its twisted body - only to look up and see an even more broken expression across her parents' face. Why did she enjoy something that caused such - disgust in their faces? Why did she feel pleasure from hearing that sickening crack, but as soon as she heard the screams, she recoiled as if she had been hit.

She had promised her parents never to do it again - but she wasn't around long enough to even see if they'd believe her.

The Chinese food simply slipped from the girl's grip as she pitter pattered after the male. Grabbing the male's arm, she smiled broadly - she really was a child at heart. But instead of saying anything, the female simply froze her head hanging low for a moment. "I'm going to take care of it." She declared boldly.

[Sorry this took a while, I kept re-reading it, because I felt like it was just, lacking something. I still feel like it is, so sorry hun. >_<

Also feel free to god mode Kit a bit for the next scene if need be for the cat.]

Vick was happy to see Kit with such a pleased look. Her declaration to take care of his cat only seemed to cheer him up more as he gave her head a playful pat. "Ok, I'm counting on you." He said with a smile, leaving with Kit to pick up Milo.
-----
Returning home, Kit was still holding the surprisingly large Milo in her arms, the cat seeming to have taken a liking to her. "...So, I assumed that he had scratched himself but the vet said it was an arrow that did it. Luckily, it just grazed his cheek. She was so amazed when she heard he'd healed all on his own, luckiest cat I've ever seen, she said." Vick spoke as he hung up his coat and took off his shoes. "So, that's how he got that bald spot. He's a tough little guy, aren't ya buddy?" Vick said, scratching under Milo's chin. As if to respond, the cat gave a pleased "Meow!" before returning to rubbing his face against Kit's neck, purring louder than Rick had ever heard. Milo seemed to like Kit quite a lot.

Kit held Milo out at arm's length at the lick. Blinking incredulously the girl seemed shocked that the cat had taken to her so quickly. Cuddling him, Kit listened contently to the cat purr her face flushing with pride. "You're so brave!" She crooned happily to the cat. Scratching the top of his head, Kit gave the cat a small swing in a circle before running off to where she claimed as her bedroom.

Nearly tossing the cat, who landed just perfectly on his feet, onto the bed, Kit flopped onto the bed, but not before unceremoniously closing the door the same way she had when she had entered the house. The door closed with a loud bang, that had barely even seemed to faze the feline whom continued to groom himself proudly, as if showing off for the new company in his life. Inhaling sharply Kit reached out with a shaky hand before placing it on the cat's furry stomach, stroking the soft fur the girl seemed to physically calm herself.

She had been on her best behavior before, everything she did, she felt it was.. 'normal'. But now the girl's happy features softened before her face just seemed - flat. Expressionless, emotionless. She continued idly stroking the cat before rolling onto her back. "You're not mine, you're Vick's." She murmured quietly to the feline who barely even lifted his head.

Kit had a habit of breaking things, that enough was obvious, but what the nurses caught on was that she broke things that were hers. Sure, when she got angry she broke everything in sight, but who wasn't destructive when they were angry? But when she was left to idle, alone and to her own devices anything that Kit considered hers was broken sooner or later. Everything except the necklace that Kit had hidden in the pocket of her dress. Everything tangible that entered her life, she broke, she threw against walls, she threw fits, anything to break the item. Anything to see that item break and shatter, and become unusable to others.

In a world of material goods, Kit didn't own anything except her necklace. There was nothing in the world Kit called her own.

[When we bring the girlfriend in, do you mind if I take her role? Or would you prefer? I wanted to bring her in briefly just for Kit to show her true colors a little bit more..]

((You can take her, whatever works for you. :) and sorry this is so short, I wasn't really sure what to do with him. :/ ))

Vick was happy that Milo had taken to Kit so well. He was usually a pretty aloof cat but he seemed a bit more lively while she carried him to 'her' room. Vick sighed as the door slammed, having hoped she'd forgotten about claiming that room. Oh well, thought the man, I've got a couch. Stretching, Vick thought about what to do. He was surprised when nothing came to mind that didn't involve Kit. Usually he could read a book, watch TV, anything in a heartbeat but those things seemed almost lifeless compared to spending more time with her. Vick blamed his charitable nature for it, though he was unsure as to what exactly was really causing it. With a shrug, Vick made himself a cup of coffee and went to the window, sitting down with a sigh as he admired the park like he often did.

[I have no idea why, but I looked at the title of our roleplay and literally just mouthed: I AM. My homework is drowning me..]

Vick's phone rang.

And who held the other phone that called his? Vivian. Or Vivi for short.

Vivi and Vick. It had always been something he crooned to her, because both of their names started with 'V', he called it cute - she called it obnoxious. That's why she left him. He was one of the so called 'nice' guys. The boring guys. The very guy - she missed. Well, at least that's what she told herself. After one too many bad guys, bad dates, bad fucks - it didn't matter, Vivi was tired of it all being so bad.

Drumming her fingertips against her phone, Vivi eyed herself in the mirror. Though she didn't know it, she was nearly Kit's exact opposite. The girl was beautiful, that was simple enough to comprehend, if she wanted a man she got the man, no questions asked. Where Vivian was beautiful, Kit was cute, pretty even, but Vivian nearly oozed sex appeal, from her busty figure down to her soft, soothing voice. Perhaps her very genetics were the reason why she was where she was. She was dealt a lucky hand, a lucky hand of genetic coding that made her beautiful. And being beautiful, had its consequences. You got cocky, arrogant, you could have anyone you wanted, and anyone that objected to you, weren't worth much of your time anyways.

Brushing soft blonde locks from her face, Vivian sighed quietly to herself twirling a few strands of hair from her eyes. "Pick up, pick up." She murmured softly. She wanted to ask Vick to lunch for that day, she hadn't see the male in months, and though their break-up was, quick and painless (at least painless on her part) Vivian found herself drawn back to him. His soft nature, and his charitable attitude.

Would he even pick up from her number?

--

Back in Vick's home. Kit shrieked.

Milo, frightened by the sudden noise, found himself puffy and alert eyeing the girl, his eyes dilated, narrowed at her for scaring him. But instead of apologizing, Kit only let out an long exhale. It was a release for her, the shriek seemed to have let go all of the girl's steam and stress. Burying her face into the cat's stomach, Kit only let out a small muffled noises her nose pressing into the soft fur. Milo's feet kicked slightly at the girl's face as she continued rubbing and making quiet purring noises to the cat.

For now, she could pretend. With Vick in the other room, she could pretend. Milo would be her cat, and she could enjoy her happiness, at least for a short while. Without another noise, Kit fell into a light sleep her new purring friend curling up as her very own furry pillow.

[Also, sorry god moded their past.. a little bit. A lot. If you don't like something let me know!]

((Oh, sorry to hear that. :( And don't worry about the god-modding. It was necessary and none of it is bad, so I'm fine with it. :) Now, you just focus on that homework and kick it's ass, k? ^^))

Vick had fallen into a light sleep not long after sitting down. Somehow, just being around Kit for long enough wore him out, but in a good way. The way that let you sleep just about anywhere, even sitting up in a chair. Suddenly, a shriek pulled him from his dreams. All he could remember was Vivi's face floating in his mind. He got up and was going to go check on Kit when he heard the phone ring. Guilty, he went to her door and heard a soft purr. He gave a sigh of relief. She was ok. He'd have to ask her about that later...

The relieved young man went to the kitchen and to the ringing phone. He took a look at the base and suddenly went wide eyed. He knew that number. He'd memorized it, texted and called it thousands of times, and had thought he'd never see it again. Swallowing hard, Vick thought once again of Vivi, and her abrupt exit from his life. Why was she calling? Did she want him back? Vick suddenly remembered the words of his friend at the animal shelter. "She's not worth it." Was she? He couldn't tell but sure enough he was already picking up the phone, holding it to his ear as he spoke in a slightly timid voice. "*ahem* H-hello?"

[I hate midterms. I don't want to keep you waiting, but I'm sorry for the teeny post.]

"Hey."

Vivi hadn't even though Vick would pick up the phone, much less actually answer it when he saw it was her number. She hadn't planned on what else she was going to say after that. "So... it's been a while." Real smooth Viv.. Her mind muttered angrily as she drummed her fingertips upon her forehead as she placed the phone closer to her ear.

Sighing quietly, Vivi put the phone down carefully, but not before muttering, "Can you give me one second? I have to move something off my desk." Vivi looked up at the mirror quietly giving herself a small, mental, but silent, peptalk, before picking the phone up once more. "Look, I haven't seen you in a while." Vivi, had returned back to her confident demeanor, "And I was wondering if you were free today perhaps we could go out to lunch?" Vivi's original phrasing was: 'Perhaps you could take me out to lunch', but she figured her chances would be better if she simply just played on the safe side. "Are you free? Maybe I could just..." Vivi gave a small, audible sigh, as if she were struggling with ideas, "Bring food over."

Vivi was used to having Vick in the palm of her hand, playing the 'nice gal' felt... Strange and foreign.

((Oh, it's perfectly fine, I don't mind the wait. :) Besides, you should focus on rl stuff. So, would you rather have her come over or the two of them go out alone?))

Vick's hand was sweating profusely on his phone, forcing him to switch hands every couple minutes just to avoid ruining his phone. Vivi's voice alone had his heart beating like a drum. At the same time, he regretted picking up the phone. What if she still didn't love him? He almost didn't notice when she spoke. "Y-yeah..." was all he could muster, taking a deep breath when she put the phone down. He didn't know it, but she was doing exactly what he was, looking at herself in the mirror and telling herself she could do it, almost in the same manner as Vick did in that moment. When he came back to the phone she was offering to go out to lunch. "Um, I..." He glanced at his bedroom, unsure about how Kit would respond. "Uh, I've kind of got company right now. If...If you want to come over here, that would be fantastic..." He said, gulping softly.

Company huh? Vivi didn't like the sound of that. Sure, she knew logically that when she 'got rid of' Vick, he'd probably find someone, a softy like himself to settle down with and finally get married to (like how they had planned to be together). But to actually meet said person was an entirely different story. The picture Vivi wanted to keep in her mind was the Vick she left, the sniveling and pathetic man she had kept wrapped around her finger for so long.

"Sure." Vivi's answer was short and to the point, "I'll see you shortly." There was a small click, and Vivi was gone. There was no 'bye' of any sorts, Vivi just wanted the reality of her calling Vick out of her mind. Had she gotten so lonely that she had stooped this low? Vivi was a proud woman, that was an easy understatement about the female, but without another thought about it, Vivi stood up and promptly dressed herself before leaving.

--

Dark green eyes stared at the address. He still lived here? They had planned on living there until they could afford a fancy house, one they could settle in for good, but the fact that Vick still held onto the place they had lived together... It reignited Vivi's ego quite a bit. The anxiety that had been building in her stomach leading up to knocking on the male's door had dissipated completely. Lifting her hand, Vivi knocked confidently.

The knock had barely fazed Kit who snuggled into the warm body of the feline beneath her, her arms wrapped carefully around the animal as she slept.

Vivi's answer surprised Vick to his core, shaking him from the inside out. She actually wanted to see him again? He was so shocked that her hanging up didn't even register until a few minutes later when he dropped the phone back on it's base. He sat for another few moments before getting up, a smile sneaking onto his face without him realizing as he went to tell Kit they would have company. He silently opened the bedroom door and peaked inside, having to hold back an "Awwww" as he saw her curled up with Milo, both of them breathing soft, sleeping breaths. He shut the door once again, his smile having grown quite a bit at the sight as he went and got dressed with some clean clothes fresh from the wash. He didn't want to wake Kit or Milo up while they were cuddling.

--

Just about a half hour later, Vick looked at the door, having heard a knock. He looked at himself in the mirror, wearing an outfit that looked casual but respectable, with a pair of jeans, a nice long sleeve shirt and his shoes on. He smiled, going to the door and letting Vivi in, his heart jumping just at the sight of her. "Hi Vivi, c'mon in." He said as she entered. "I hope you don't mind but we need to be quiet. The company I told you about is sleeping in the other room." He said softly, leading her to the dining room.

Back
Top Bottom