Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

We did it for the Grade (Risky and Lost)

Lost

Planetoid
Vincent let out a low groan as he pulled into the student parking lot of his college. The spring semester had just started today and the school was packed. After driving in circles for ten minutes he finally got fed up and parked in a faculty parking spot. Stepping out of his car he looked around, His dark green eyes scanned the students that went to and fro from building to building in a bustle to get to their first classes or find their friends.

Running his hands over the shaved sides of his head he avoided messing up his 6 inch royal purple mohawk. Slamming his door he walked towards the mass of bodies.

Jemma was there bright and early, her friends had grabbed some coffee and sat at the cafeteria tables. Her friends were gossiping about their winter break, the parties they went to and the guys they slept with. Jemma sat there painting her nails a light pink shade that matched her sweater perfectly, from any outsider it would appear she wasn't listening but she would pop her head up to laugh at one of her friends stories when the timing allowed. A piece of her golden brown hair fell to the front of her face, she swung her head back as her long hair fell perfectly into place.

She had started painting her nails on her left hand while her right hand dried and before she could put the brush to her bare nail her friends got up for class. Jemma soon followed, carefully picking up her books to avoid smudging a nail as she headed towards up her first class, Sociology with Mr. Thompson.

She walked into the classroom, taking a seat in the middle. She placed her books perfectly on her desk before she took out her nail polish and continued painting her hand before class began.

Walking through the crowd Vincent's head bobbed lightly to the music he was listening to. His eyes scanned over the mass of faces not really paying attention to any of them. Pulling his hands from his pockets he pulled out a pack of smokes and a lighter. Pulling one out he put it in his lips and lit it up not caring he was on a smoke free campus.

Halfway though his cigarette he felt a hand on his shoulder. Stopping he turned and came face to face with Campus security. They were saying something to him but he couldnt hear over the music. Pulling out the ear buds he tucked then into the colar of his shirt, which the sleeves were ripped off of. "Yeah?" He asked the officer while pulling deeply from the cigarette. "No smoking on campus sir." He said with a highly annoyed voice. "Oh yeah, sorry it slipped my mind." He said hitting it again before pulling the cherry off of it and pinching the end to make sure it was out. Exhaling the smoke into the officers face he turned and walked away slipping the half smoked cigarette back between his lips.

Walking though the crowed halls he finally made it to his first class. Going inside he looked around, the instructor wasn't there yet but the class was mostly full. There was only one seat that wasn't dead in the front of the class and it was in the middle beside some uppity looking girl. Sighing he took the seat beside her and slunk deep into his chair resting his head on the back of it staring up at the ceiling. The half smoked cigarette was still in his mouth and he started to wiggle it around bored.

Jemma looked away from her nails with her olive green eyes as Damien sat beside her, she was taken back by his purple hair and the smell of the sniped cigarette he had.

Jemma had just finished putting the last layer of her light pink polish on her nails, she twisted the cap back on and pursed he lips as she blew at her nails. She waved her hands side to side, she had many methods to drying her nails but these seemed most efficient.

She couldn't help but look over at Damien again, just staring at the ceiling. She couldn't help but look up at the same spot, just to see if something was there. "I don't see it." She said, her eye squinting up at the ceiling. She turned back and looked at Damien, "that really can't be good for your neck." She said over to him, raising her eyebrow at him as she shook her head. Bringing her nails back to her lips, blowing softly as she kept her gaze on Damien, wondering if she would get some sort of reaction from him.

Damian was nearly completely oblivious to the girl sitting beside him, he would have been if it wasn't for the pungent smell of her nail polish. A smirk graced his face when she looked up and said she couldn't see anything. "There is nothing there to look at really." He answered still staring at the ceiling. "Well nothing but eye floaters." He added. Rolling his head to see the girl when she said that couldn't be good for his neck he shrugged.

"Not much I do is good for me." He said sitting up and taking his chin in his hand. Pushing his head to the side he neck cracked loudly and several times. He repeated the action in the other direction before sliding back in his seat and resting his head on the desk with his arms just dangling at his sides. He was now looking at the girl and he couldn't help but notice that she was kinda hot, but she wasn't his type.

"Why does it concern you if I injure myself or not? You don't seem the type to really give two shits about a scrub like myself."

"Of course not, tough guy." She rebutted to his remark, she cracked a smile and bit down on her lip. She lightly touched the top of her nails to test the dryness. She looked them over, checking for smudges before turning back to look at Damien. "I wasn't showing concern, I was just making a truthful statement. It's not good for your neck." She's responded, she opened her mouth to say something else before Mr. Thompson walked in.

"Good morning, class." He said as he glanced over the room, Jemma sat up and turned straight ahead. "Welcome to Sociology, I'd like to go over some class requirements before we go over our first assignment," he said as he began to go over the class requirements. Jemma took out paper and jotted notes down.

"Who says I am a tough guy?" He asked with a smirk. "Well then, its nice to know that we have at least one decent human being in here that can show compassion and concern for her fellow students." He said with heavy sarcasm.

Not even lifting his head from his desk as the instructor came in and started on the first assignment. He stared past Jemma at the wall across the room not blinking at all. His dark green eyes looked almost dead. If it wasn't for him bouncing the cigarette between his lips he himself would have looked like he died of boredom.

Mr. Thompson had listed his requirements for class which seemed to go on forever. Although Jemma was not highly concerned with them, she made sure she wrote every one down. Knowing her strict and uptight parents, they would ask to hear them later on.

"And now, for the first project of the year I will be pairing you up.. Male and female." He said, walking down the rows of desks, "our project... "Gender roles and expectations." The class seemed to groan at the idea. "You and your partner will represent your gender and list the expectations together." Mr. Thompson began to pair partners, "Jemma Viella and Vincent Maxwell. You two will be working together." Jemma bit down on her lip, 'lucky me' she thought to herself, 'paired with mr. Charismatic.' She thought.

Hearing that the first project of the semester was a group project caused Damian's face to twist into a scowl. Lifting his head up he watched as the professor walked around pairing people off. He let out a sigh when he was told that he was going to be paired up with the princess of pink. Sitting up and sliding deep down into his seat he looked over at her. "Well I guess we will be seeing more of each other then huh? I'm Damian." He said holding out his hand. The back of it had several scars and burn marks on it and his nails were painted the same deep purple as his hair. If he was going to be stuck spending time with this chick he was going to at least try to make it as pleasant as possible. That or stay intoxicated around her to get this over with. "Let's try to be at least civil with each other for the sake of this grade ok?"

Jemma grabbed his hand and shook it, "Jemma." She said a smile before laughing. "I'm not a she devil, I'll kill you with kindness." She said with an innocent smile, "plus working with me you're guaranteed a good grade...and if you ever need to borrow nail polish you can always count on me." She teased with a big grin. There was no denying, Jemma was definitely intimidated by Damian. He was complete opposite to who she normally hung out with, but for the sake of an A she would suck it up. "I don't bite." She said with a smirk.

"You have two weeks to complete the assignment, here is what is needed." Mr. Thompson said as he handed out the project guidelines.

"You probably could kill me with kindness." He said with a touch of sarcasm in his tone. "Well that's really nice to know, I am working with a bubbly perfectionist." He said nodding to himself. His eyes narrowed when she teased about him borrowing her nail polish. "I don't think I would look to good in that color." He said looking at her pink nails. He could tell she was trying to hard to get him to like her. He returned her smirk when she said she didn't bite. He snapped his teeth together twice in quick succession and grinned. "I do." He said being completely honest with her.

"Mr. Maxwell, may I ask you to please remove that cigarette from your mouth?" Mr. Thompson asked him looking at the cigarette still held in the corner of Damian's lips. "You can ask all day Professor but the answer will be no. It's no lit, its not hurting anyone." "Well it is a distraction." "Sir I am a distraction if you haven't noticed I have half a foot of purple hair fanned out ontop of my dome, wearing purple nail polish, covered in many visible tattoos and I have five visible piercings on my face. I don't think people will be staring at me because a square in my mouth." His words were very true. Vincent did stand out. With his lip pierced in spider bites, an eyebrow ring, spiked studs in in his ears. Mr. Thompson looked at him for a moment then sighed and gave up. Handing Damian his guideline and walked away.

Taking the paper he sat it on his desk without even glancing at it. "So you think we can survive this two weeks to get the grade?" He asked with a small laugh.

Jemma's mouth dropped and eyes shot wide at his biting remark, she bit down on her lip and couldn't help but blush so she turned away. She brushed a piece of hair bend her ear as she looked up as Mr. Thompson tried his best to reprimand Damian but Damian shut him down instantly, she was impressed.

She turned back to Damian as he spoke to her, she laughed. "I've survived much more scarier things than you." She said with a grin, "besides, I can't wait to hear your views on the gender role and expectations, should be interesting coming from you." She smiled before Mr. Thompson started to finish his last statement before the end of class. Jemma took out her Chapstick, and ran the smooth stick over her plump light pink lips. She smudged them together, before she began to write her number down on the corner of her paper. She tore the corner off as Mr. Thompson ended, she stood up as the other student exited. "Here's my number," she said, looking at him with a smile as she handed the paper over. "And just so you know, I have plenty of nail polishes.. And They're not all pink." She teased.

"I don't know princess, I am awfully scary." He said teasing her. "Yeah, that will be an interesting conversation for sure." He said rolling his eyes. She proabably thought him to be just another pig headed man with misogynistic views like most of the men his age. He couldn't help but stare at her lips as she applied her chapstick. He wasn't going to lie to himself, he wouldn't mind feeling those lips for himself, but he didn't say anything. Taking her number he pulled out his phone and punched it in. "Got it." He said pressing send and calling her so she could have his number as well. "I bet you have do princess." He said watching the class empty. He hated trying to fight his way out so he always stayed behind so he wouldn't have to deal with pushy people trying to get past him. "I have this week off or work for classes, but next week I will be going back, so if we can get most of this done sooner rather than later that would great for me." He said before turning and heading towards the door.

She smiled and nodded, "that's fine with me." She said, gathering her books as she hugged them to her chest, "Well, I have 2 more classes. No plans around 6 tonight if you want to do then? That is if you're not busy staring at the walls." She teased, smirking. They walked to the door of the classroom together and out into the hall. When they got to the door she turned to him, "and another thing, don't call me princess unless you want me to refer to you as the Dark Prince." She said with an innocent smile.

"Six will be fine. I have a few more classes today myself." He said as they stepped out into the hallway he put one of his ear buds in and smiled at her.
"Staring at walls is one of my favorite past times." He said sarcastically. Plugging the headphones into his phone he started his music which could be heard from the small earbud it was so loud. "Call me whatever you want Princess, I've been called much much worse than a Dark Prince." He said turning and waiving to her. "Just give me a call when you are ready to do this, we can meet up where ever you like as long as its not my place." He said as he walked away.

"Six it is then." She said, laughing at his remark. "I'll call you later, Dark Prince." She said as he walked away, she couldn't help but be confused why he said not his place. She shrugged it off and made it to her classes.

The day had drug on and Jemma's hand was hurting from all the notes she had written, she got back to her apartment around 5:30. Jemma's parents pay for her rent, the apartment was their idea after all. They thought a sorority house would be too much of a "distraction." She roomed with two other of her friends who's parents also paid for their rent even though they are barely home half the time.

Jemma set her things down before pulling out her phone and calling Damien's number which she had filed under Dark Prince, she couldn't help but laugh as she saw it in her phone.

Damian left his last class at 4 and walked to his car. Getting in he pulled out a cigarette and lit it up. Laying the seat back he stared up at the roof of his car and blew a thick cloud of smoke at it, watching it twist and fold onto itself. Letting out a heavy sigh he sat the seat back up and started the car and left. He rode around for about an hour and a half when his phone started to ring. Picking it up he smirked, Princess was calling. "Hello Princess." He said answering the phone. "So where are we gonna meet up?" He wanted to get this over with as soon as possible. The sooner this project was done the better for him.

Jemma laughed into the phone, shaking her head. "We'll, if you'd like you can come to your majesty's house."' She said, "47 Lock street." She said, giving him the address. "I'll see you when you get here." She said before ending the call.

"My Majesty's house huh, you're getting a bit possesive there princess, next thing I know you will be having me call you Mistress." He said before hanging up. The drive wasn't very far, he luckily was in the area. Finding her house he parked and got out of his car. Taking out a cigarette he stuck it between his lips and lit it inhaling deeply before walking to the door. He knocked and took a step back and started to look over the front of the house. It was rather impressive, much nicer than anywhere he had lived before.

"Coming!" Jemma called from upstairs as she made hr way down them. She got to the door and opened it, putting a hand on her hip as she saw Damien with a butt in his mouth. She pouted her lips, waving the smoke out of her face. "Well Prince of Darkness, welcome to my palace. But from the door on it's a smoke free zone." She said, swinging the door open more so he could walk in. "Could I interest you in a drink? My butler has the day off, so I'll be taking care of you." She said with a smirk as she stepped into the living room, crossing her arms over her chest as she looked over at him. She couldn't help but notice his tattoos and piercings, there was something dangerous about him that intrigued her.

Damian heard her call down from upstairs and waited for her. When she opened the door and saw her look at his smoke and pout he pulled it from his lips and exhaled away from her. "I can live with that." He said turning and launching the cigarette away from them towards his car. Looking inside it looked really nice. "I can't tell if you are joking about the butler or not." He said following behind her. "But I am fine, I don't need anything right now." He said declining her offer of a drink.

Standing in the middle of the living room he looked around at everything. It was all much nicer than anything he grew up with. "This is a really nice place." He said before noticing that she was staring at him. "Yeah I know, I'm impressive." He said with a sarcastic grin. "I have more but they are not visible."

Jemma smiled, "no butler. I'm not that spoiled." She said, she never liked being under the stereotype of a rich kid but it really wasn't her fault. "You can thank my parents. I actually wanted to live in the dorms but they refused." She said with a shrug.

She smiled at him before stepping towards him to get a better look at all of his features. She looked at the sleeve on her arm, she reached out her hands before grazing her fingers over the tattoo. "That must've hurt... You really are a tough guy." She said, before looking up at his snake bite piercings, she bit on her lip. "Ouch." She said, shaking her head and breaking here stare. "I admire you." She said with sincerity.

She grabbed her books from the island counter in the kitchen, bringing them to the living room. She sat down on the white leather couch, placing her books on the coffee table. "Shall we get started?" She asked, patting the seat cushion beside her. "Sit."

"You're much better off than I ever was or have been princess." He said returning his attention to her. "Yeah the dorms are alright, but after a while it gets old." He said with a shrug of his own. "Well to each their own I suppose."

Damian cocked an eyebrow at Jemma when she stepped up to him. He fliched lightly under her touch but stood still. "Not really, the most painful ones are on my back and hips. Bony areas you know." He said keeping his eyes locked on her as she examined him. The way she bit her lip when she looked at his made him smile slightly. "Ouch?" He asked reaching up and grabbing the piercings and tugging on them. "They don't hurt either. The swelling sucked when I first got them but you get used to it after a while. He was shocked to hear her say that she admired him. "What is there to admire about me?" He asked more than a little confused?

He followed her with his eyes as she walked to get her books and looked at her when she patted the seat beside her and told him to sit. "Giving orders now Princess. Your inching closer to me just having to call you Mistress of Priss." He said taking a seat beside her but leaving at least a foot of space between them.

Jemma rolled her eyes, "Oh please, if I were really a princess I'd be ordering you to do a lot more than sit." She said with a raised eye brow and smirk before opening their sociology book and grabbing her notepad as she turned to a blank page.

"Yes, admire." She said, swirling her pen around on the paper. "You don't care what other people think of you, you do what you want. It's something to be admired." She said with sincerity. She still couldn't help but look at his snake bites again, it made her jump when he had tugged on them earlier. She shook her head and laughed.

She titled the top of her paper before crossing her legs and resting the notepad on her thigh. "I really don't even know where to begin on this project. I'm usually full of ideas but for some reason I'm stumped." She shrugged. "Hmm.." She sat there pondering, thinking as she tugged on her bottom lip almost unconsciously.

Damian smiled and tilted his head at her. "A lot more than sitting huh? What would you order me to do?" He asked putting her on the spot. He was curious as to what was really on her mind about him. She looked at him like he was an alien but at the same time there was something else about the way she looked at him that he couldn't quite put his finger on.

"It's rather easy to do. First you listen to everyone and be yourself like they all tell you to do you entire life, then you ignore the fuck outta them when they judge you for being able to do what they themselves cannot. I love my haters, they let me know that no matter what I am on someones mind." He said leaning back onto the couch and looking at the blank paper on the table.

"Well what are the details of the project? That would be a place to start, and since you seem so interested in me you can ask me questions about my thoughts on gender roles and expectations." He said laying his head back on the couch and looking up at her ceiling.

Back
Top Bottom