Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The widowed bride take 2 (Myself,Kesden)

Phoenix Rising

Supernova
Here.
Anne Sullivan was mourning her late husband, she found herself drinking a lot of wine to drown out the pain but it didn't seem to be working. She'd gotten pregnant young, had never married but when she met Marc Sullivan that all changed. He'd stolen her heart, now he was gone leaving her all alone. She didn't worry about her son cause she knew he was good at hiding his emotions, she wasn't ready to let anyone else into her life. '' Damnit!'' Anne muttered realizing she was out of wine, she sighed running her fingers through her hair as she threw the glass into the blazing fire she'd lit in the fire place earlier. She hadn't seen her son all day but she supposed he was in his room playing video games or catching up on his school work.​

Brett Davies drove around the smarter areas of suburbia looking for a certain address. In daylight the houses and cars which you would see would say, "tastefully nice".

However, it was after work and in the night-time and Brett was relying on his sat-nav, finally the automated woman's voice announced that he had arrived at his destination. Pulling up outside, Brett grabbed a folder and with a quick bleep of the car lock he made his way to the door and rang the buzzer.

Anne tossed the glass of wine into the fire, walked into the downstairs bathroom. She took a quick look at herself reapplied some makeup then fixed her hair, took a deep breath as she walked back out into the front of the room. The blonde walked to the door, looked through the peep hole then finally opened the door. '' How can I help you young man? '' She asked as she stepped aside to let him in, she could tell by the way he was dressed that he was a business man she could also tell he was fairly young but not to young. Waiting for his answer she walked into the kitchen, started a fresh pot of coffee then walked back into the living room letting it brew. She looked like she'd been drinking but she had also been crying, she could handle her alcohol very well so obviously she didn't really stumble all that much.

Brett waited for a little while, he knew someone was at home because of the lights which were on so he waited patiently at the doorstep. A gust of wind cut through him bringing an icy chill but it soon passed as he waited. Actually the waiting gave him time to further collect his thoughts at the prospect of meeting his employer who he has never properly met before. Sure he had glimpsed her at staff functions before and also he has seen her photograph on the desk of his former boss before he sadly passed away. As a result of his death, Mrs Sullivan inherited the pharmaceutical company which he owned but this would be the first time that he actually met or spoke to her.
When Mrs Sullivan answered the door he took a moment before answering, words drying in his throat before he could speak, "My name is Brett Ma'am, I'm from the company." Stepping inside, the warmth of the fire making him feel a little less tense, "I have a bunch of papers which need to be signed.", he explains as he watches Mrs Sullivan go to the kitchen to brew some coffee. The family photo sitting in the chairman's, sorry chairperson's office does not do her justice he thinks to himself. Granted it captures her beauty but definitely not her womanly essence and charms as his eyes follow her appreciatively. He cringes a little as the kitchen cabinets are shut a little too firmly as the attractive, older blonde makes the coffee but smiles at the same time. A wave of mixed emotions flood through him when she returns to the living room.

Placing the folder on a coffee table he opens it up, "I am so sorry to visit you at home, but I have a bunch of papers which need to be signed - applying for licenses and permits, payments to suppliers and signing off the payroll for the bank, that kind of stuff. I have double checked everything from my side and Mr Jamieson from the chemical half has reassured me that the papers which he needs signed are likewise in the best interests of the company." Brett pauses for a moment before continuing, "It would be just like the time at the lawyers before, and I am sorry for springing this upon you but they do need to be signed within the next few days or else we could be hitting a choke point."

Brett pauses for a moment, thinking considering that Mrs Sullivan is a little "under the weather", "I could always come back tomorrow morning and we can go through them together if you would prefer?"

" Do you have a pen? " Anne asked as she sat down on the couch, looked over the various papers then forced another smile. The coffee would be done soon, she wanted the papers signed so she wouldn't have to worry about them. She waited for him to hand her a pen, could hear noise upstairs which meant her son was still playing a video game or looking for something. Focusing on that for a few minutes she waited patiently, managed to give a quick once over. She had heard about Brett from her late husband on e or twice but had never expected him to be so handsome.

Brett perched himself a "safe" respectable distance from Mrs Sullivan, not at the far end which would leave a huge gap between them nor "threateningly" close either. He reaches into his jacket and pulls out a "rather nice" fountain pen. Anne would find it a pleasing to hold and writes fluidly when she signs the papers. Brett's eyes slipped to her knees and a little bit of thigh before turning his attention to the top paper, which has a top sheet and clipped to it are about 8 more pages, "This one is to authorise the payroll with the bank, if you can sign here..." he points to a dotted line at the bottom of the top sheet. When Mrs Sullivan was done he turned the first bundle over and took a moment to look at it, "Ah, this one is from Mr Jamieson, this one is the license to research for the new headache extra brand." There were more sheets attached to this one too in case Anne needed to check on something or ask questions about what she is signing. In the folder there were about 10 items to sign, and Brett did not realise he was edging closer until they had finished or interrupted.

Anne signed the papers, smiled a little as she noticed he was getting closer. She heard a commotion upstairs but thought nothing of it she just stayed focused on the papers she had to sign in the absences of her late husband, she took a quick glance toward the stairs as her son walked down them. Turning her attention back to the paperwork as her son grabbed a soda she signed each place she was supposed to sign, figured it would take her awhile before she was done. She didn't even think to say anything to her son, he just walked back upstairs acting like he wasn't all that interested in what was going on. Dylan had been seven years old when his mom married Mr. Sullivan, even though the man had adopted him he'd never really acknowledged him as his father. As far as the seventeen year old was concerned he didn't have a father, his mother had been twenty nine when she got pregnant which wasn't to young but it was a complicated situation.

Brett looked up as he heard Dylan come trotting downstairs for a can of coke and the young executive flashed him a smile as their eyes met for a moment. Brett felt sure that Anne's son was trying to ask him a hundred and one questions in that look and the main one being, "What the hell are you doing here?", and then as he covered the few yards to the kitchen the look and the questions were gone as if they never existed as his thirst took over, quickly followed by him thundering back upstairs om Dylan's eagerness to get back to the game waiting for him upstairs.

Turning his attention back to Mrs Sullivan, she seems to be patiently waiting for him as they move onto the next document. Not realising she was tied up in her own thoughts for a moment too. Brett leans in a little closer for a better look at the sheet requiring and the supporting documentation, "Oh this is for a new supplier, they need a down part-payment, our chief buyer Ms Reid has managed to get a good deal on some packaging, if we like them then we can formulate some form of agreement and potentially undercut our current supplier in the region of $250,000 per annum."

As Anne looks over these papers and sign Brett realises how close he has come to her and feels a little colour rise to his cheeks and their legs are practically touching.

Anne listened to him explain the next few papers, she signed where it asked for her signature. She noticed he was a little close but she didn't lose her focus, she would have to talk to her son once Brett left. Placing a strand of blonde hair behind her ear she smiled a little, of course she didn't really think anything of the closeness since she was signing papers for her late husband's company. She'd been drinking, knew the coffee would be ready soon but her focus was on all the papers she still had to sign. Knowing Marc would want her to be happy no matter what she reached her hand toward Brett's, went back to the paperwork wondering how much more she still had to sign. She was concerned about her son because well he'd never really given all that many people that look before, he'd been acting very distant lately which concerned her the most.

Back
Top Bottom