Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

We Meet At Last! (Ms_Muffintops and Shovel)

Shovel

Supernova
(OOC Notes: This is a realistic roleplay that would show what would happen if Ms. Muffintops and Shovel were to meet in real life. Shovel would drive from his home in Ohio, up to a hotel near Ms. Muffintop's hometown in Michigan. They would agree to meet up at a restaurant to have lunch/dinner, and who knows what would happen from there. This roleplay will be written in first person form by both characters. )

It was such a long road trip for me. I really don't like driving long distances by myself. I get lost very easily. But I had my google maps directions next to me and a determination to meet this girl. She lives in Michigan, which isn't close to me, nor is it too far away from me. I had finally decided that a meetup with this special person was in order. I met "Ms_Muffintops" on Bluemoon; an internet roleplaying forum with many interesting characters who frequent the board. I still remember what drew her to me. An adorable chibi of a brown-haired maid holding a muffin, which was displayed in her signature beneath a roleplay request message. And from then on, we had many roleplay adventures and even some interesting convorsations.

After what seemed like an endless roadtrip I had finally made it to my hotel. I wasted no time in parking my Red 1996 chevrolet cavalier in the parking lot and pulling my luggage out of the trunk. It was a little bit windy today, causing my long blond hair to blow about. I ran my hand through my hair as I went inside the hotel and got my reservation all taken care of. I was wearing something rather casual at the moment, so I thought I would get somewhat unpacked and get changed for the meeting at the restaurant.

As I put on my nice pair of blue denim jeans and black dress shirt, I begin to wonder what this meeting would be like? I had seen the pictures she sent me, but people always look a little different in real life. I pull out my phone and text Katie that I am in my hotel room and about to head to the pub. This would probably give her enough time to get ready. As soon as I was ready, I headed back down to my car and yet again looked at my google maps directions, this time looking at how to get to the pub. When I figure it out, I start my car up and head onto the road, one hand on the steering wheel, the other clenching the directions. I pass streets and look at them closesly, so very afraid of missing a turn and getting horribly lost. But I turn on the correct streets and make my way to the pub. I park my car and head out, walking to the entrance of the pub.

I look around and stare down at my phone, then look around. I feel awkward, nervous, and out of place. What if this was the wrong spot? Or what if she didn't show up? What would I do? I calmed myself a little and continued to look around, trusting that everything would work out as planned.

It was a sunny windy afternoon, in my opinion, the perfect day to go out. The sun beamed down onto my small quaint town, barely a cloud in the sky. Today I'd be doing something I never thought I'd do, I was meeting someone I had met online. For years, my overly protective parents had lectured me and scolded me about my association with people I met in cyberspace. While I respected their concern for me, I couldn't shake my curiosity on what it'd be like to meet him, Shovel, also known to me as Stephen. So, after talking to each other for awhile, we decided to meet.

"I don't know Katie... you see all of those news stories about young girls who go to meet guys over the internet .." my mother said as she stood with me in my room, like always giving me her opinion. I let out a sigh and crossed my arms, "Mom.. I'm just going to be a few blocks away. And I'm meeting him at the pub.. you'll know where I am. Could you step out please? I need to get dressed.." My mom gave me a familiar look she always gave me when she thought I was being naive, but then respected my request and stepped out. My hair and make up was already done, so all was left was to get dressed.

"What should I wear?" I thought to myself as I stood in my closet. I didn't want to look like I put too much effort into how I dressed, but I wanted to look nice. My outfit of choice was a black dolly blouse with pink flowers on it, completed with a short denim skirt and black stockings with black flats. I was known for lacking color in my wardrobe.

I nearly jumped when I heard my phone ringing, it was a text message from Stephen, he was heading to the pub. My heart pounded as I read the words, this was really going to happen. I took a deep breath before heading out the door. But of course I could not leave before hearing something from my mother again. "Are you sure you don't want me to come with you?" she asked me as I headed out the door. "No mom.. I'm sure I'll be okay. I have my cell.." I commented before closing the door.

Most would be concerned about making a good entrance, but I didn't have many options. Lacking a car and living only a few blocks from downtown, I rode my bike just a few blocks away from my house to what I considered a poor excuse for a downtown. My town consisted of only 2 main roads and two street lights. Downtown was just one road, aligned with old historic buildings that were tenderly kept up.

I got off my bike before I reached the corner the pub was located at and proceeded to walk my bike there. I chained it before walking over the corner. My eyes widened and I nearly froze as I saw him standing there by the door, long blond hair, and dressed nicely. I could feel my cheeks turning red as I stared his walk and slowly approached him. An excited, yet nervous, smirk came upon my lips as stood in front of Stephen. "H-hi there!" I said softly. The moment had came, what would he do? How would he react?

As I am waiting for Katie, I see a girl dressed in black blouse and denim skirt walk her bike towards the pub. I wonder if it is Katie, but I slowly and defensively look away at first, wondering if maybe it was some other girl. I didn't want to embarass myself by saying hi to the wrong person. Out of my peripheral vision, I can see she is still coming towards me. I turn towards her as she approaches me and give her a quick look over, trying to determine if this was the girl I recognized from her pictures she sent me. I see her smirk nervously at me. This must be the right girl. "H-hi there!" She spoke softly to me. I can tell she is rather nervous and shy about all of this. I am rather good at reading people and their emotions. My eyes naturally lock onto hers and I give a warm smile. I am very good at hiding my nervousness. I have butterflys in my stomach and chest and I can feel my heart beating rather aggressively. "Hey there. You must be Katie...right?" I ask in a confident, clear, and projecting voice. I extend my hand so that she could shake it. I really hope that this first meeting goes well. In fact, I hope this entire trip goes well. I would hate to have driven all this way for everything to go down the drain. ...but theres no time to focus on what could happen. I have to stay in the moment and be optimistic.

My heart nearly jumped as he spoke to me, it was Stephen. He was taller than me, his hair was long and the nicest shade of blond and his smile was warm and welcoming.

I held my hand out and shook it, despite my default greeting usually being a casual hug. I dropped my hand to my side and nodded. "Y-yes, its Katie. This is so strange.." I said softly with a nervous laugh, almost unable to look him in the eyes, "You're no longer just text" I finished off before stepping past him. "Come on, this place is usually quiet during the day, we should be able to talk" I said as I opened the door and stepped in.

The pub was like any stereotypical cavern. The walls were all aligned with brick and covered with old black and white pictured of the railroad and my town. There was a jukebox next to the bar that stretched almost throughout the entire length of the entire place. In the back there was a large screen TV with interactive video games set up and ready to play, it was clear their Guitar Hero night was coming up. And any other space was filled with round tables with chairs surrounding them.

As I suspected the place was no crowded at all. There was a man at the bar, the bartender was talking to him and there was a couple in the back eating and chatting away. I turned to Stephen and smiled, "Come on in, they have great food here. You can get a drink too if you want" I said softly as I held the door open and smiled at him.

I was trying my hardest to not act nervous, but I still had a slight tremble in my hand as I spoke. I wanted to trust him and hoped everything would go well, but unfortunately, I'm a realist and I take all situations and possibilities into count.

Katie held out her hand and we shook hands. I was sure to make my grip firm and confident. Too firm a grip might show arrogance or aggression; Too soft of a grip might show insecurity. She nodded to my question. "Y-yes, its Katie. This is so strange.." I notice her nervous laugh and find it adorable. I laugh when I'm nervous as well. I also see she can hardly maintain eye contact. I hope I am not overwhelming or intimidating her. I've been known to do that to shy people by accident.

"You're no longer just text" She tells me as she steps aside and goes to the door to open it for us. "Oh you're telling me! This is so exciting though!" I laugh with her to help destress the situation. I need to get her laughing so she can relax around me. I just hope she finds my sense of humor amusing. "Come on, this place is usually quiet during the day, we should be able to talk" I nod a bit and wander inside, but just barely. I still feel a little out of place; like I don't belong here. I look around the pub and smile. It reminds me a little of the Jacob Wirth German Restaurant I went to in Boston. However, they didn't have the cool video game set up in the back like this place does.

"Come on in, they have great food here. You can get a drink too if you want" Katie spoke softly to me. I'm glad she's being so polite and friendly towards me. I feel a little better about going inside and smile, nodding to her. I look around some more, and then I look to her. I don't know if we are supposed to seat ourselves or wait. I am kind of out of my element here so I look to Katie for direction and reassurance. But maybe she needs reassurance too? She still looks quite nervous. I'm going to have to do my best to make her feel comfortable around me. Some small talk and a few jokes here and there should do nicely.

I walked to a corner with a window facing the street and sat down. I look up at him and smiled. "I hope you don't mind this spot, I always sit here when I come here" I told him, telling him just a little about myself. I scooted my chair in and sighed contently. I started to feel a little more comfortable now that we were inside and sat down. I sighed contently and out of habit, ran my hand through my hair to pull it out of my face.

As soon as we got to our table, the bartender came over to us and greeted us warmly, "Hey there! Can I get you guys a drink?" he asked us with his hands on his hips, glancing down at us. I smiled at him, "Could I get a diet coke please?" I asked him, getting answered with a nod. I didn't want to drink the first time meeting Stephen, I didn't want to get drunk, but then again, people have told me drinking helps break a lot of tension between people.

My eyes moved to Stephen, waiting for him to get a drink if he wanted.

Back
Top Bottom