Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Seeking creative, fun, literate RP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meridiana

Super-Earth
Hi, I am looking for a few good partners for literate, fun, long-term character-driven roleplay. I've been writing and roleplaying online for a decade, playing traditional RPGs and LARP longer. I am educated to grad school level (in history) and I will happily write 2-3 paragraphs or more, generally reflecting the length of the post the other writer throws my way, and would prefer the same from a writing partner. Please, no one liners except in exceptional circumstances. I try not to be a grammar snob - I understand that typos happen - but readability as well as basic grammar, punctuation and spelling would be lovely. I prefer story and smut: I am happy to research, set the scene, write multiple characters and move plot along; partners willing to do the same are preferred if not essential.

I am particularly interested in the psychology of power: the use and limits of soft power; the conflicts and fluctuations within relationships; the complexities of domination/submission. I am also fascinated with "clash of cultures" and characters who find themselves far outside their comfort zone (e.g. travel to distant lands or across time).

I tend to the prefer playing opposite dominant males – although I will switch if the opportunity is right – but as a 'sub' I am not usually the automatically obedient, passive type. I prefer to play intelligent characters rather than bimbos driven only by lust. Conversely, if my character is more dominant, I do not want to play against some wilting flower submissive. Occasionally, I will play a more "traditional" submissive, but only if justified by her background and the story.

PLEASE RESPOND BY PM, preferably with more than a single line "Do you want to RP?" Well, yes I do, hence the thread. Tell me a little about your preferences, your interests and suggest some plots or pairings.

and PLEASE
  • I prefer a post rate of daily or so but if we need to go slower, I will understand and I won't nag.
  • I try to be scrupulously fair. I answer threads and PMs in the order in which I receive them. I will not skip your post and make you wait while I write multiple posts in other threads; please show me the same courtesy.
  • Don't control my characters. I put a lot of thought into how I have them act, please don't make assumptions without asking first. I will be careful to do the same for you.

SETTINGS

I am open to many possible pairings and backgrounds. In particular:
  • urban fantasy/ "new weird" / modern supernatural
  • historical, esp. medieval, ancient and middle eastern
  • time travel
  • alternative history / "secret history" (supernatural in historical eras)
  • traditional fantasy
BUT
  • I have very limited experience of anime, manga and video games so don't feel comfortable playing in those settings
  • I'm not interested in modern 'slice-of-life'
  • I will never be interested in 'high school' set RP. Please do not ask.

PREFERENCES
  • RP over PM or boards. No IM/Skype. No Email.
  • M/F for preference. I usually play f but will do both F&M when MC is dominant.
  • A balance of plot and smut.
  • Original Characters only. No celebrities.
  • Intelligent characters
  • Realistic proportions

GOOD with
  • F-list (female, sub) | F-list (male, dom)
  • Non-consensual, dub-con (that may lead through RP to con)
  • Discipline, bondage, D/s, M/s
  • Collaring, Marking (branding, tattooing), forced nakedness and (public) humiliation
  • Anal, delayed gratification, breath play, blood all fine in the service of plot; most everything else negotiable...
BUT
  • No characters who are or who appear to be under 18. No really. Please don't ask.
  • No vore, scat, piss, puke
  • No incest
  • No extreme mutilation (lost limbs) or death/necrophilia
  • No bestiality, furries, monsters, tentacles, futa (just not my thing)
  • No impregnation/breeding
  • No gushy romance

SCENARIOS

Hopefully, these will give an idea what I currently seek. Obviously I am open to changing them or coming up with alternatives: just PM me and we can talk.

(HISTORICAL/(FANTASY)) THE CONTRACT: You are a young man who has just inherited a great estate in the colonies. You have been away for some time, gaining independent wealth and success, but now you have returned to take up your inheritance. The land, rich and fruitful, is farmed mostly by slaves but also by indentured servants – European men and women who give up five, six even seven years of their freedom and rights for the price of passage to the new world. She is one such servant. She caught your eye with her beauty before you left, but when you return you realize something else: while others have aged, sickened, suffered and died in the harsh conditions, she is still as fresh faced, healthy and vital as she ever was. Moreover, you soon learn she keeps others alive with an almost magical touch: nursing the sick, birthing children, ensuring that far fewer of your people die than any other nearby estate. Now though, her time of service is coming to an end. Will you let her go free before you know her secret? If you learn her secret, will you let her go free at all?

(HISTORICAL/(FANTASY) THE SHIELD-MAIDEN: You are the young prince of the Islamic state of Cordoba in 9th century Andalusia, son of the Emir and the leader of his forces against a recent Viking raid. Despite your much superior numbers and it being your home terrain, these barbarian monsters managed to rampage through your lands, conquering a city, plundering and looting. Finally, however, you have stopped them. The majority of the Northmen are dead. Most of the rest escaped after a small cadre defended their backs. You had seen the cadre's leader before at a distance on the battlefield, fighting with great personal skill but also inspiring troops, leading forays that did immense damage, showing more tactical nous than your own advisors. You looked forward to seeing his execution. Now though, you realize this barbarian leader is a shield-maiden, impossibly young, impossibly beautiful, with a strange aura about her. She is now yours to do with as you please but what will that be?

(HISTORICAL) Set in the Golden Age of Caribbean piracy (early 1700s), you would play a pirate captain, one of the most successful and feared in the region, based out of the "pirate republic" of New Providence island. She is a young lady of good birth, sheltered but feisty and adventurous, traveling with her servant to Jamaica to visit with family. She should make you a good ransom... or perhaps some other use can be made of her?

(URBAN FANTASY) RELUCTANT WOLF: She is a young werewolf, recently turned and that change has turned her life upside down. She was smart, successful; now, she has given it all up, lost everything and is spiraling down. She wants nothing to do with other werewolves, blaming them for her condition, but the established werewolves know that if she isn't brought into line, taught a few basics, she's going to put them all in danger and they can't have that. Or perhaps someone else of power notices her, someone who think they might be able to use her against the werewolves?

(FANTASY or SF, my character as traditional SUB) THE CONCUBINE: You have just arrived in port after a long journey, looking for a little rest and many pleasures to fill the time until you must leave once more. While deciding what to sample first, you are presented with a tempting opportunity. Instead of regular digs and cheap whores, you can take up residence in your own luxury accommodations, complete with your own private courtesan – a slave to fulfill your every whim – for the duration of your stay. It is not cheap, but the best things rarely are.

(URBAN FANTASY) THE ORACLE: The collector promised you a special treat, to see the prize of his collection. You didn't expect it to be a girl in a cage, unworldly, beautiful, fragile and rather strange; you didn't expect that the girl would be able to look into your eyes and tell you things that you hadn't told anyone nor that she would be able to predict events that in subsequent days came true. You know you must have her, whether he is prepared to sell or not.

(HISTORICAL) THE PRICE OF PEACE: In 1190, Richard the Lionheart went on Crusade to the Holy Land to retake the Kingdom of Jerusalem from the Sultan Saladin. After initial successes and the taking of Acre, the Crusaders tried but failed to take Jerusalem. Realizing that his brother John was plotting away at home, Richard needed a quick end to the war. In negotiations with Saladin, they reached an agreement: that Richard's sister Joan - in Acre with him - and Saladin's brother Al-Adil would marry and be joint monarchs of Jerusalem. In the Real World, both Joan and Al-Adil refused, but what if they didn't? What if they married, had to learn to live with each other and rule in a fraught and dangerous world?

(STAR WARS, Pre-Clone Wars) She is a young Jedi, raised since infancy in the Temple at Coruscant and recently granted full knighthood. She is a dedicated follower of the Force: an ascetic, pure and perhaps a little naive, preternaturally calm and rigidly self controlled, sure of her mission in the galaxy. Sent to its far reaches however, she has got into trouble. You however are not so pure, rather more mercenary. Do you help her or just take advantage? If you help, what price will you demand? Can she be tempted from her stringent path of light?

(POST-APOCALYPSE) The end of the world came not with a bang but a whimper. There were no zombies, no giant cataclysms, no nuclear war, just a silent plague and death, so much death. Billions died, but she was a survivor and she is wandering alone. Now, with society collapsed, some gather to try and rebuild. Others though have gathered into armed gangs, roaming the desolate landscape, pre-apocalyptic morals no longer any concern. Are you one of the latter? And if so, just how bad or desperate are you? What will you do with her, the prize that falls into your lap?

(HISTORICAL, My character as DOMME) You were a warrior from the barbarian north, the edges of the Roman Empire. You were born a princeling of a nominally free client tribe, taught to deal with the Romans but not bow to them. You learned their language, dealt with them as needed but you and your tribe couldn't help but resent the invaders. After yet more demands for tribute, your people rebelled. At first, it seemed hopeful, but then the legions arrived and rallied and it was all over. You know that thousands died, including women and children, while far more were taken as slaves. You expected, even wanted to die in battle, but you too were captured. You have been brought in chains to the City, to Rome, to end your days in servitude and shame.

She is of the highest noble lineage in Rome, her family rich, influential, well-connected and well-respected. Yet she lives in a society in which women are legally little more than children. She has more freedom than most young women could dream of yet still, any power she wields is indirect, conditional, limited. However there are some she holds undoubted power over: the slaves of her household. She is in the market for a new one, something to play with, to sate her frustrations and desires. Can she break her new possession? Can she mold him to her desires and needs? Or will her plans go awry? What will you do to survive? Can you be tamed or even bear the humiliation of appearing to submit, or is there another way? Can you turn the tables on her?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom