Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Alien Hive ((Closed))

RE: Alien Hive(Korax and little_iveta)

The girls were startled as Jeffry and Scott went twitchy all of a sudden, this could only mean that they were sensing danger nearby, Jihl glances to Vi and Sienna to ready themselves in case something unwanted jumps out. Jihl and Lianshi stand back and remained silent while Sienna readies her aim and Vi makes a stance.

Jihl whispered to Scott as she asks what is the fuzz all about, "Hey egghead, care to tell us what's going on?"

So far the girls were not hearing anything, its up for the two hybrids to be the eyes and ears.

Buzzing his wings Scott took to the air, flying up until he grabbed onto the sides of the tunnel, staying out of reach before he began to crawl along the ceiling, heading out in front of the group a bit to scout it out. While Scott was checking things out, Jeffry took a step back as a soft hissing sound fell from his lips, tail twitching as he got ready. Only now did he start to explain "We haven't seen a Zirus on this rout, while this is a less popular tunnel we should have at least seen a farmer carrying his crop to market. Zirus never abandon tunnels without a reason."

"Hey egghead, where are you going?!" Jihl loudly whispered as Scott flies off without a word.

"Care to tell us exactly what the hell is going on?" Sienna asked Jeffry to explain the situation as she stand still while focusing her aim on the horizon.

"I don't like where this is going, especially when we are left in the dark." Vi added.

"Could it be that the other two sold us out?" Lianshi said.

"If they did, they have much to explain later." Jihl interjected.

If Jeffry had the time and the ocular agility he would have rolled his eyes at the women, there were more important things to worry about, they could assign blame later. It didn't take long for Scott to return, creeping along the ceiling before he glanced down at the small group "Waste roaches. It looks they they dug into the Zirus tunnels and are hunting for the waste pits, but they look hungry enough to attack anything." with that Jeffry just gave a low sigh. "Great...as if today couldn't get worse. How many are there?" He asked as he moved forwards to peek around the next bend in the tunnel, as he did so Scott kept his wings very still, not wanting to give away their position. "Seven maybe, the queen of the group looks pretty tough, she is about twice the size of her drones." Jeffry nodded and then turned to the girls "Alright, we have seven starved doberman sized roache like aliens ahead of us, normally they aren't much of a threat and just look for trash to feed on, but this group got lost and when hungry they can be desperate enough to try and eat anything or anyone." with the explanation of the enemy group out of the way, he could turn his full attention on the swarm that was milling about in the tunnels. If Zeffry had to guess he would say they were looking for a farmer with a full load of goods to ambush, but he doubted they would mind some soft skinned humans or a lone Zirus if they opportunity showed itself.

"Oh the egghead returns and I expect bad news." Jihl said as the party sees Scott came back bearing ill news.

Sienna wasn't all bothered by the issue that another indigenous life form blocks their path, in fact she wants to use this as an opportunity to sate her itchy trigger finger, "Just seven overgrown cockroaches? Damn I wish there's more of them so I could make it as the first turkey shooting history of Epson V."

"Ha! Just spare some for me so I could test how far they'll fly away on my punches." Vi added.

"If they are starving why they don't just eat each other? Have you seen any remains of any victims there Scott?" Lianshi asked.

"As if they'll left some scraps, should have called for an exterminator. Of all the things I could bring here, its ironic I forgot to bring some pesticide." Jihl jokingly added

"I didn't see any leftovers. Most predators on this planet are extremely efficient and will leave not a single trace." Scott said slowly before he fidgeted "But-" before he could go into the full biology of the creatures, he let out a buzzing yelp as he was suddenly dragged down the tunnel. It seemed that while the roaches didn't hear them, they did detect his scent and were quick to climb the walls after him. "Scott!" Jeffry moved quickly, surprisingly so as he dashed around the corner and raced into the throng of roaches, shoulder-checking the first one in his path and crushing it into the wall. However much like Earth roaches, these did not die easily. The roaches themselves looked more like ants, four legs on the ground with an upwards looking humanoid body with grasping arms and a pair of crushing mandibles. Though their armor wasn't all that tough, it was as flexible as rubber, letting them take hit and just pop right back to normal. The roach Jeffry had pinned snapped at him, causing him to hiss at her before whipping his tail forwards and stabbing it in the head, puncturing it;s eye to inject the venom straight into the creature, causing it to scream loudly. Still new to his body, Jeffry had lost himself to the lust of the hunt and forgotten Scott who had been dragged off behind the intimidating queen roach who pulled herself up to a towering height to screech at the intruder.

As the ladies listened to another would be entomology lesson from Scott, all of them suddenly squealed in shock to see him got dragged away from the ceiling as if he was a weightless piece of meal, the last thing they heard from him is his loud buzzing wings. The girls were horrified to see how fast the roaches moved, it is something that would totally dwarf Earth's land dwelling predators.

Sienna fires some shots from her gauss sniper and manages to land some lucky hit on some straying roaches, the kinetic piercing power of the gauss sniper was strong enough to gouge through the roach's chitinous skin.

Vi charges on punching one of the roaches as she dashes to it, delivering a crushing blow from her large pneumatic gauntlet that propelled one of the roaches away.

Lianshi and Jihl stayed back to avoid getting captured, they shouted to Jeffry calling him as he strays away from his last location.

The firefight and mess got the attention of other roaches who are supposed to be chasing Jeffry but then switch their attention to the girls, leaving their queen alone to deal with the hybrid Zirus.

As the women seemed to be keeping the lesser roaches occupied, when the haze of blood began to lift from Jeffry he realized that the queen had Scott pinned down, not wanting to let her food source go and guarded it jealously. The hybrid stood up and took in a deep breath before pulling all four arms close to his body and running right up to the queen, suddenly striking forwards with a single upper-cut that managed to flip the queen off Scott and onto her back. The smaller Zirus was quick to fire up his wings and zip away into the air where he quickly retreated behind the line of intimidating human women. However Jeffry was not done, Crawling up into the dazed queen he readied his tail, stabbing it forwards for a strike at the giant insect's eye. The roach however seemed smarter than her drones, she had been simply faking weakness and snapped her vice like jaws forwards, crushing part of Jeffry's tail and slamming him into the side of the tunnel in one swift twist of the roach's head. Refusing to let go of her prey the queen stood up and began to whip the Zirus about, using him like a club as Jeffry screeched and flailed his arms. His powerful claws hands managed to leave cuts in the queen's chest and neck but it didn't stop her from swinging the hybrid at the humans.

"Fall back they're advancing fast!" Sienna gives the call while making suppressing fire as she slowly falls back.

"Damn, these bugs are relentless, we gonna get bogged down here if we don't get help soon." Vi said as she slams the ground to create a shockwave that thwarts off the advancing roaches when the cave's floor and ceiling trembled before she regroups with Sienna but she cannot overdo it as it may send the whole cave down on top of them.

The ladies retreated a bit as Sienna's suppressing fire is the only thing that is keeping the roaches at bay, but she cannot hold out for long as she will soon run out of ammunition. They were quite relived to see Scott managed to get back flying to their position.

But then to their shock they see Jeffry being waved around like a piece of handkerchief, Jihl tells Sienna to shoot the queen's arm that is holding Jeffry, without delay, Sienna fires a single shot to the queen's arm and it manages to hit her elbows, hopefully that would be enough to loose her grip on Jeffry.

Lianshi asks Scott if he could fly pass through the roaches to call for some help, if not then the only way would be to get back is to return from where all of them came from, but provided that is if they could open the entrance.

Vi picks some large rocks and hurls it to the roaches to slow them down while Jihl is accessing her holographic communicator to establish communication to the Argo but she is only getting faint radio signals inside the cave.

With a howling squeal the queen threw Jeffry into the nearest wall when her arm was wounded. Stunned for a moment Jeffry managed to slowly stand back up as he saw the remaining roaches surge forwards, chasing the girls down the tunnel. As his wits slowly returned Jeffry realized that the queen let herself open to attack with her drones busy chasing the women. Moving in quickly he slid under the queen's body and bit into her abdomen, using his sharp teeth to chew through the rubbery skin as his four arms grabbed onto her skin, pulling and stretching it until it began to split. With a horrid scream the roach queen began to flail and stomp at the ground while Jeffry tore into her now unprotected insides. At the sound of the shrill call the drones gave up the chase and returned to their queen just in time to see her fall to the ground, bleeding out. Confused and distraught the drones didn't know how to continue on without the queen's command, all but two of them fled the tunnels. The final two charged forwards and attacked Jeffry as he pulled himself away from the dead roach.

Fortunately for the ladies the roaches start scrambling out while only two remaining rushes towards Jeffry who is getting out from the carcass of the queen roach, Sienna and Vi wasted no time in coming for Jeffry's aid, shooting and punching the roaches from the rear, the ladies were able to immediately subdued the last two and sends them fleeing away as well.

The ladies were finally relieved to see all of the roaches bugging off, "That was close, let's hope we don't come across another pack." Sienna lets off a sigh of relief as she gets back her composure.

"I agree, we have never been in a fight like this before, good thing at least we made it." Vi added.

All of ladies rushed back to Jeffry's location to see if he is alright, "Jeff? Still alive in there?!" Jihl shouted.

"There shouldn't be any more. Packs like this one are very rare, normally the roaches are friendly and the queens even more so...sort of like dogs with too many legs." Scott explained as he finally dropped down from the ceiling now that the danger had passed. Jeffry didn't seem to respond at first, staring at the body of the fallen queen he raised a stained hand up and rubbed his head. Seeing his friend's reaction Scott moved forwards and placed a hand on the taller Zirus' shoulder. While killing to survive was as basic as it got and drilled into warriors such as the women, Scott and Jeffry were just scientists at heart. "You don't need to feel bad. They were feral, they could have really hurt someone." The flier reasoned, buzzing his wings a few times to try and get Jeffry's attention. Slowly the armored Zirus glanced up at his friend before he spoke "That is the problem, I don't feel bad for her and her swarm. I feel hungry." these words were a bit unnerving to Scott. Neither had any idea how far the changes went, how much of their own minds had been tweaked by the queens when they transformed. Thankfully Scott didn't panic "Um, we should keep moving." as he spoke he took a hold of Jeffry's hand and lead the stunned hybrid on down the tunnel.

"There better be no more of them or we won't last another incursion. And the last thing I want to do is to call for an orbital strike." Jihl interrupted after assessing the status of her crew.

"Hey hey, we're just getting to the fun part cupcake, its not yet time to let out your PMS. Me and hotshot(Sienna) here are getting the adrenaline for more action." Vi sarcastically responded to Jihl's statement which created a frown from her commander while Sienna just chuckled as she checks her gauss sniper.

"Are you going to be ok Jeff? You look like you've lost to an argument with that queen roach you've just slain." Lianshi added as she tried to console the seemingly weary hybrid.

The ladies followed the lead of the two hybrids, Jihl walks up to Jeffry, trying to ask some questions from him.

Jihl: "You didn't tell me that the queen had jacked up your heads, I'm starting to get worried the more I learn about these sneaky bugs. And by the way, you could scare the shit out of anyone more than those roaches when you displayed that red eye monster look of yours, going berserk anytime makes you dangerous."

"Our entire bodies were changed from the ground up." Scott stated as Jeffry remained silent on the matter "They had to otherwise our bodies wouldn't work properly, our senses would be all messed up and it would be doubtful we could even breath properly." as he explained things a bit Jeffry began to snap out of it. "I'm just hungry and tired, when we get to the colony and have a chance to eat I'll be fine." He stated before he pulled away from Scott and once more began to lead the group.

"Yeah, compatibility issues that comes with a price. Who knows if the queen would suddenly zap your head and control your minds from her throne and turn you into feral mode instantly." Jihl being a little bit hysterical as of the moment.

"Possibly, the queen might be a hive mind for the colony, she might have some synapse link to all the lesser Zirus, if so, she could be the only with a true freewill in this place, am I right Scott?" Lianshi trying to clarify something to Scott.

"Hey speaking of eating, what do you guys eat? Are you eating the same cuisine as those crawlers?" Sienna asked when Jeffry said that he had just an empty stomach.

"Grilled roach kebab, barbecue or original? Hahaha!" Vi popping up more jokes as they continue further.

"No, no! It's sort of like the queen is the most beautiful thing anyone has ever seen, like your mother, lover and goddess all rolled into one. You can say no to her and there are laws put in place against using genetics to force others to follow you." Scott was doing his best to explain but he only ended up even more frazzled than before until he gave up and just sighed. Jeffry seemed up to taking over but he was ignoring the free-will topic for something far less dangerous. "Zirus are omnivores like humans, but pushed to the extremes. They will eat just about anything, from the bark off trees to making a meal solely off the chitin skin of the animals around here. Some even eat rocks an dirt. Again it largely depends on their genetics, Scott and myself are more or less designed to be predators though we can and do eat plant matter there is an underlying craving to hunt and eat meat when we are starving." He knew that this didn't sound much better but Jeffry hadn't lied to the girls before so he wasn't about to start now.

Jihl toppled down Scott's statement with another of her hysterical comments, "Oh, so lucky for her if there are no Zirus would like to start an uprising right at the center of the hive or getting opposed by another would be rival colony."

"Yeah, good thing your ecosystem is not as the same as an anthill or a bee hive, if it was then I doubt this place would last against constant conflct." Lianshi added.

"Stone and soil? Wow, that's quite of an overkill for a vegetarian, hope you still know how to cook your meal. Also, if I may ask, do Zirus also practice cannibalism?" Sienna as she replies to Jeffry and asks more questions about Zirus cullinary lesson.

"Well I wouldn't be surprised if they could eat metal and air as well, hey speaking of which, are there any humans from the Argo that got eaten by a Zirus?" Vi asks out of curiosity.

The ladies continued treading with the hybrids making even more noises than before from their chit chat, as if nothing happened with the roach encounter recently.

"They do..." Scott said in a hushed tone before fidgeting "Many Zirus weren't happy about humans being turned into Zirus, they were worried we were too different." he didn't want to speak too much on the topic, there was still a little bad-blood between some of the Zirus, but ultimately no matter how frightened they were they still needed new genetics. With more questions to answer Jeffry began to calm down further, slowly slipping back into what passed for normal when it came to mutants. "There are some Zirus that do in fact eat metal, but they are an extreme minority. For the most part Zirus don't cook food, many of them can't even chew so they desire food that isn't deprived of moister. As for cannibalism. At one time ages ago when the queens used to war on each other, it was considered honorable to devour the bodies of fallen warriors. Over time when the queens began to bring about the current era of peace that practice died out, these days it is rare but some family will eat their dead relatives, it is supposed to keep their genetics in the family and honor their spirits, but with all things it is slowly dying out."

"Alright I'm getting tired with m this Everything About Zirus lessons, how much further? My legs are getting cramped up from this alien-human jamboree. Don't tell me we gonna have to face another pack of roaches to get into the hive, I'll be damned if we come across a two headed rat on our way. And will you guys stop talking about foods, I already have an empty stomach as well." And Jihl's hysteria continues.

"Me too, I'm starting to get thirsty from these travels. Its so quick to wish to return back to the ship just for a plate of pancakes" Lianshi sighing as she gets weary despite of her curiosity about alien lifeform well, instinct still tops off logic.

Meanwhile the two girl scout didn't seem to be losing their composure, they continue chatting about Zirus cuisine not bothering if their captain is near on ranting.

"You have mandibles and yet to tell you can't chew solid food, so what do you do with it then?" Sienna asked.

"They melt it probably with something similar to enzymes, just like house flies. If so then you should also sport a proboscis, right Jeff?" Lianshi interrupted by brown nosing.

Vi talked about the cannibalism topic Jeffry just shared, "So the Zirus have a similar custom with primitive humans like the Aztecs? Eating the heart off the slain opponent and honoring the spirits with a warrior character?"

"That's eight-legged religion for you." Jihl responded with sarcasm.

"Oh right...our muscles are basically fluid powered now, we don't get tired very often." Scott commented before glancing over at Jeffry "We are almost to the check-point and as for my mandibles, they haven't changed horribly much from when I was human and many Zirus have chomping or grinding mouth-parts, but it is far more popular to have something akin to a fly which legs you eat a wider range of foods and of course have access to acid spit." as he spoke Jeffry pointed to a tunnel that branched off the main one and into a large room where a bunch of moss and glowing mushrooms grew, the perfect way-station for Zirus on the go. However this one was empty since the tunnel was in need of repair and being swept for more roaches before Zirus would consider it safe.

"Oh great, never thought you had your own farm here, I could use a mushroom soup right now." Jihl commented as her hunger is tempting her to try eating one of Epson V's flora.

"That's not probably meant for eating, it could be the same as Earth's poisonous mushroom, don't let the scent trick you." Lianshi warned Jihl about the glowing mushrooms.

"Well it seems only the two of you guys could eat those without getting diarrhea." Sienna said to the two hybrids.

"Yeah, those insect mutation probably has its own benefits." Vi added.

"Damn, we are starving here, perhaps I should've called the Argo to drop us some supply crates." Jihl said to the party, regretting that she had missed some things needed for a long journey.

"Maybe they could give us something edible once we are there, you know, honored guest treatment." Sienna replied while inspecting the strange plants lying around.

"Better hope that edible thing you said is not a dried eight legged anchovies or a preserved earth worm." Vi sarcastically commented.

"So what are we doing here anyway, are we going take some mushrooms as tickets for your doormen?" Jihl asked Jeffry the purpose of venturing in this insect plant cultivating garden.

Confused for a moment Scott scratched his head with one of his arms "I thought you all were tired and needed a rest. We are barely half way to the hive itself." as he spoke Jeffry moved over to the mushrooms and began to pick them, he used his claws to carefully peal off the rather fragrant skin before flicking his tail around and letting a small drop of his venom fall on each one. "The mushrooms are poisonous is a fashion, there is a smaller species of fungi that lives in it's skin in a symbiotic relationship. The smaller fungus gets a place to live and consume some of the mushroom's extra energy and the mushroom is protected from predators. However, skin the mushroom and use a tiny bit of chemical pesticide and it's as edible as can be for Zirus or human." Jeffry paused for a moment and winced before massaging the small cut in his stinger, a reminder left by the roach queen. "As for my venom, it is harmless to humans. It's affects just make mammals sleepy and feel a little...feverish. But you don't have to worry, stomach acid neutralizes any affects you might have. Just don't eat them if you have an ulcer or some way for the venom to get into your bloodstream."

"Yes we are tired and we could use a breather, but more than that we need something to eat. Well at least those mushrooms could work as a pick me up." Jihl said as she took one of the mushrooms prepared by Jeffry and sits on a stone stool, panting as she catches some air.

"Oh taste just like Earth's mushroom, not bad. Do you often eat these too Scott?" Lianshi as she tries a mushroom as well.

"If only we have some utensils here, we could have ourselves some mushroom soup. Damn, eating like this make me hungrier." Sienna, feeling unsatisfied though as she prefers the taste of food rather than as a necessity.

"Uhmm.... Jeff, could you feed me one because my gauntlet couldn't pinch that tiny shroom on your claw?" Vi requesting Jeff to spoon feed her.

So all the ladies were sitting as if they made camp inside the mushroom cultivating area. A little while later after a few more chit-chat, one-by-one the ladies fell asleep before they realize they were feeling sleepy, all of them lying on the ground sleeping soundly taking their rest after a long journey and a fierce slashing encounter with overgrown roaches. The mushrooms combining with their fatigue has made the ladies go into a flat tire.

"Not all that often, I prefer them as a side-dish rather than the only thing." Chuckling Scott settled down into the odd meal, taking one or two mushrooms for himself as Jeffry continued to pass out more and more until not a soul would eat another bite, he didn't seem to mind feeding the armored Vi. Now sated the group chatted a bit and slowly bit by bit they began to fall asleep with the exceptions of Scott and Jeffry. The two Zirus remained away and on watch, though half way through the night Scott fell asleep and left Jeffry on watch, alone with just his thoughts.

In the middle of the night, the ladies had an uninterrupted sleep, maybe because the mushrooms have an effect that completely put them on a deep sleep. Fortunately for Jihl, she was suddenly awakened from a seemingly nightmare, she dreamed of herself getting eaten by the roach they just encountered earlier. She gasped as she opens her eyes in an instant. After realizing that it was just a bad dream, she took a deep breath and looked around the surroundings only to see her friends totally asleep as well as the flying hybrid with his cricket noise as he sleeps.

Then glancing on the other side she saw Jeff who is still awake and brooding near the entrance, Jihl got up an approached slowly the watchful hybrid, she sat down beside him as she starts a conversation with him.

Jihl: "Hey, what's the matter, can't sleep?" saying in a sleepy tone.

Back
Top Bottom