Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

PM limits. BACK UP YOUR PRIVATE MESSAGES TO A THREAD!

Re: Alright, PM limits

Trygon said:
BlisteredBlood said:
Ah. I gotcha.

But I suppose what I was thinking is this - and you have every right to say otherwise - I was thinking that maybe BM would attempt to be a sort of "evil twin" compared to E if it did something along those lines. Well, aside from the whole phpbb vs. SMF ordeal, anyway. *ahem* <_<
Ew, no. Uniqueness ftw. Elliquiy's format has worked well - Incredibly well, actually, but duplicating it would just make us redundant and pointless.

I actually should've said the latter half of Alistair's ideas were sort of like what they did on E. However, you can't ignore the fact that at some point, when someone's RP posts have hit a certain point or reached an ending of some sort, that it should be moved elsewhere to where it isn't cluttering up the place. Basket or Completed Tales forum anyone?

BlisteredBlood said:
Trygon said:
BlisteredBlood said:
Ah. I gotcha.

But I suppose what I was thinking is this - and you have every right to say otherwise - I was thinking that maybe BM would attempt to be a sort of "evil twin" compared to E if it did something along those lines. Well, aside from the whole phpbb vs. SMF ordeal, anyway. *ahem* <_<
Ew, no. Uniqueness ftw. Elliquiy's format has worked well - Incredibly well, actually, but duplicating it would just make us redundant and pointless.

I actually should've said the latter half of Alistair's ideas were sort of like what they did on E. However, you can't ignore the fact that at some point, when someone's RP posts have hit a certain point or reached an ending of some sort, that it should be moved elsewhere to where it isn't cluttering up the place. Basket or Completed Tales forum anyone?

Sounds good to me.

Maybe just do an auto-move process if a thread is inactive for 30 to 90 days.

@Vekseid
That is what I've really been looking for, honestly. :p When I started looking at 'adult RP forums', it kinda shocked me how many things I'm used to are missing or more annoying to use. :p

Alistair Thorne said:
@Vekseid
That is what I've really been looking for, honestly. :p When I started looking at 'adult RP forums', it kinda shocked me how many things I'm used to are missing or more annoying to use. :p

My plans for Elliquiy are basically to make it a superior replacement for RPoL, which means writing code from the ground up - too much garbage in vBulletin and co. as in Myth Weavers or DNDOLG. Which is part of why I've handed off Lunar Radiance, PrP, here, etc.

Vekseid said:
Alistair Thorne said:
@Vekseid

My plans for Elliquiy are basically to make it a superior replacement for RPoL, which means writing code from the ground up - too much garbage in vBulletin and co. as in Myth Weavers or DNDOLG. Which is part of why I've handed off Lunar Radiance, PrP, here, etc.
Which is cool.

Any time frame for this massive improvement? :)

Seven daysssssss~

Also, to be more obnoxious and further encourage thread RPs, I've opted to have new messages held back when your box is full instead of having old ones moved out.

Alright, all special groups (Supporters, Recruiters, Welcoming Committee, Mods, etc) will have a limit of 9,999 messages per box.

Should be sufficient. The top PMer doesn't even have 9k yet.

From now on, 'Supporters' will be defined by those who have donated $25 or more. Everyone who already donated has no need to worry about this regardless of what they donated.

Ok, I have a question about this reform, Will the limit's on pms, effect the sent box? Sorry if this has been answered, I didn't see this asked, so I was curious about it.

I believe so. May need to free up pm deleting privileges.

Vekseid said:
I believe so. May need to free up pm deleting privileges.
I don't think so, actually. The wording on the ACP said 'limit per box'

Okay, so, as near as I can tell, you'll have a limit of 700 in your inbox, another 700 in your sentbox, and an additional 700 in your outbox (Not that you should ever need that many)

Also, I'm able to delete messages from all my boxes, so perms for that should be fine. Unless I'm just specialer

vampire seduction said:
Also, I'm able to delete messages from all my boxes, so perms for that should be fine. Unless I'm just specialer

No, I just gave everyone the permissions a bit ago.

| Fiye | 1588 |

Holy shit.

In any case, I used PMs not for privacy, but mostly for the whole convenience of it.

I send PM, they get message. They send it back, hey!

I get a notification when I refresh the front page!

If that much can be done, my habit can be broken. It'll take time, but it can happen.

Either way, some cleaning of my inbox might be good lol.

Fiye said:
| Fiye | 1588 |

Holy shit.

In any case, I used PMs not for privacy, but mostly for the whole convenience of it.

If that much can be done, my habit can be broken. It'll take time, but it can happen.

Bookmarks.

Trygon said:
Fiye said:
| Fiye | 1588 |

Holy shit.

Bookmarks.

You mean subscription, or book marking VIA my browser.

If the latter, I don't use it unless to go to a specific part of a website.

Gaia OOC Forums
Main page of BMR
Image Dumps.
AJAX Chat.

Big four I really use. Otherwise, its just webomics, drudge report, and kotaku that I check on a regular basis. Not a thread of the RPs I do on. If I do ever do them.

I just like less work. Refreshing the front page and having a notification there = less work.

Same thing I do on Gaia (Btw, cleaned out Sent Box. Going to do Inbox tomorrow.)

Or click on 'Bookmark topic'

Actually, email would be more feasible. Hook up Trillian to Gtalk, and then Gtalk will bug me when I get a email from Blue Moon.

ALright so here is what i have to say about this....

I current goal is to no longer be 'space junk'

lol .. even though I not 100% comfortable with thread posting .. i have pulled myself out and going to try hard to be a positive addition here ^_^

I may PM a lot, thus the reason for me being on the list. But I only have... two RPs... maybe three going on in PMs. Most of my PMs are either conversations about starting a RP which either ends up in threads or they end up just being dropped cause I'll loose interest. Though I do admit that I do PM a lot. Though I never let my PMs get over 100 in any of the boxes. So either way I don't mind if there are limits put on the PMs.

Back
Top Bottom