Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The furry roommate? (Charliesweb7 & Mercenary)

"Well, I am not sure anyone would know about it. After all, most people that come here are anthros." She told him. She wondered what types she would see. Foxes...wolves, cats and the likes. What would be the most interesting one? She nodded her head gently. "I still don't know why it was on the list of the colleges I can transfer to. No offense. But I mean... it seems like this is mainly tailored for anthros." Kimberly explain. Hopefully that wasn't upsetting. As he spoke, she shrugged her shoulders. "Yes but there are some universities that have real mascots. Like I have seen colleges that have dogs as mascots, have an actual living dog." She told him. "I just thought it was something like that with a digitally enhance smiled or something." She explained. "I have no idea though. I guess the website never stated outright about anthros...or maybe it did. I just thought it was short for Anthropology..." She explained to him. That seemed logical...

"True. So there wasn't anything that asked you to specify? Weird. And who knows? Maybe the university is trying to reach out to humans? I don't know." Brian said to her shrugging. But after he listened to what she said, he couldn't help but start laughing again. "But seriously? It's pretty hard to mistake an anthro for a dog. If you saw me standing next to a wolf, I bet you could tell the difference. Because there's a big one! Even if a god was digitally enhanced to smile, I doubt it would be standing taller than most people and wearing human clothes. What, did it only show the head or something? Seriously, you have to show me the picture." He said to her, his laughing dying down again.

"No, I am not sure on the application is says "Are you human or anthro?" or something like that." She told him, glancing to him. When he started laughing, she felt rather embarrassed still. Okay well seriously. How was she supposed to know anthros existed? As far as she knew, he was only the first one she ever had met. She shrugged her shoulders. "I mean, I guess I don't know. I didn't think about it. It is like... how would you react if you saw an alien?" She asked him. "Something you have never seen before..." She told him. "I will show you the picture when we get back home." She explained. They finally headed into a nice air conditioned building. "Wow, feels so much better." She added, fanning herself.

Doesn't really sound familiar to me when I applied either. But I mean I guess it should be. But you're going to stay anyway, right? Or at least until something makes you want to leave?" Brian said to her, a hint of hopefulness gleaming in his eyes. He listened to her trying to explain herself, and honestly it felt a little bad to be compared to an alien. But he completely understood what she was saying to him, and didn't get mad or anything. "Veep bloop take me to you leader!" He responded jokingly, doing some robot movements for effect. When the reached the building and went inside, the cool air felt so good to Brian. "Ah, much better!" He almost groaned as he said that.

Kimberly laughed at his joke. "You mean you want to meet the Queen?" She joked, then smiling. "She is quite lovely. I have never met her in person but everyone loved her." She replied. Plus, the healthcare system was a lot better. There was pros and cons of any place though. People said the US was great but she loved where she lived. As they headed in, she was glad that there was such cool air. "Alright so where is this?" She asked him. Each one had different names. So which one was this?

"Ha, the queen, that's a good one! What ever happened to parliament?" Brian said to her, laughing. "Well, As long as you can deal with it, then it doesn't really matter." He commented on the health care thing. "Though I have to say, health care hasn't really been an up for America." Brian added with a shrug. He looked at where she was trying to get to, and then thought a bit. "Oh, I know where you're going. Follow me." He told Kimberly before starting to walk off.

"Well she is the leader so I guess hat is probably the closets you are going to get to a leader." She replied. "Unless you mean your president." She explained to him with a laugh. She then looked over when he spoke. "Well I feel like there is many pros and cons of anywhere that you live. It just depends on which ones are worth while you know?" She explained to him. She then looked around, to the opposite side and then found him walking away. She quickly moved over, making sure that she caught up with him before he left her alone. "So which class will be in here?" She said, pulling out her schedule.

"True." He replied to Kimberly as he continued walking. Brian heard her footsteps as she caught up with him, walking slowly so it wouldn't take her long. "Well, I don't take it myself, but I'm pretty sure Mr. Fain is an anthropology prof. And his room isn't too far away, actually. We'll be there in no time." He told her as they kept walking.

"Oh okay.... there is Forensic Anthropology. That class looked so cool!" She replied. She really couldn't get a ton of classes, just ones that were available so they would just be electives when she headed home. "So do all of the teachers have their own rooms? Or do they just switch rooms?" She asked. She wanted to know everything she could about this college and college in general over here. She caught up, moving to his side as she looked up to him.

"Yeah, they do. If you have any trouble, just ask my friend Ben. I'll introduce you two next week. He's like an expert in that class. And as far as I know, all the teachers have their own classrooms. I'm pretty sure all the profs for my classes do, at least." Brian told her. For some reason, he was actually looking forward to classes starting again next week.

She nodded her head to him. Ben... she would need to make a note of that. Kimberly was rather excited for school to start. She was looking forward to starting school here and learning new things. "Alright." She said. "Do you think I can get my school ID and stuff today? Or will that have to wait?" She asked Brain, looking up to him as they headed down the hall. Last door on the right.

"Um, I don't know. Maybe? I guess we'll see and find out." Brian said to her, giving a shrug. They walked until they made it to the final toward, and Brian turned toward Kimberly. "Well, I guess it's your appointment. So I'll be waiting here until you're done." He told her, waiting for an acknowledgment of some kind.

Once he showed her the room, she smiled and thanked him. She headed into her appointment. The professor was surprised to see a human student. But their meeting was short before she came out to see Brian almost asleep. She laughed, lightly shaking him. "Brian?" She teased. "I am done with my appointment." She added. She did have to meet with an advisor and then get her ID. And then she was done.

"Huh? Oh, good..." Brian said sleepily before he yawned. Brian stretched, a popping sound coming from his back. "Can't a guy take a nap?" He muttered jokingly. "So, how'd it go? Nice professor, or no?" The wolf anthro asked Kimberly, looking at her.

Kimberly laughed gently when he spoke. "Sure, I guess I can leave you here. I just might take about 4 hours to find my way back home." She joked. She then nodded her head. "Yes, he was rather nice. He was surprised that I was human however. I really would have never thought being a human would be such a shock. I guess that is how you feel huh?" She asked him, smiling gently.

"Really? Wonderful!" Brian replied, still jokingly. He closed his eyes and did some fake snoring for effect befor opening us eyes again, smiling. "So I guess they don't know then. But hey, it still worked out, right? And that's kind if how I feel about it, though it's not much of a surprise to me." Brian said to her, though he had to admit she was pretty right about that. He was glad shd understood.

Kimberly laughed a bit as he faked snored. Or unless that was how he snored when he slept. Who knew. She didn't hear him last night. "I am sorry if I ever say anything offensive. I am not trying to be mean." She told him. "What are things I definitely avoid saying? I mean like calling you a wolf....is that offensive?" She asked him. Kimberly would rather be safe than sorry. Last thing she wanted was everyone in the University hating her. As if she already didn't stick out.

"Yeah, I know you mean well. That's why I like you....as a friend, I mean." Brian said to her. "Actually, Calling someone by the animal they look like isn't usually all that offensive, though I wouldn't just go throwing it around. One of the most offensive things to us though is the slang 'furry'. Or for lizards 'scaly', though I wouldn't say 'furry' around them either. Other than that mostly just your typical insulting words. But If you have any question, ask me first. I probably be the most understanding, as you may have noticed." He said to Kimberly.

Kimberly nodded. "Alright, furry is offensive....um...why?" She asked him. They were furry....But she wouldn't say that. She would just keep quiet. She then made sure that she would keep her mouth shut. They headed out now, heading to where she would get her ID first. She walked with him, glancing over to him. "Well I am glad I haven't insulted you. I am just not sure what to call....you. I mean well besides Brain. But I just didn't know if anthro was the correct term or if that was an incorrect term to use." She explained. Once in the Student Union Building, he lead her to get an ID. That took all of about 15 minutes.

"Let's just say it's like calling black person the n-word. Please don't pry on about it. Especially not to other anthros, which yes, is the right term. Well, actually it's anthropomorphic animalia, but that's like calling you a homo sapien. It's just weird and all, well, sciency and formal. What I'm trying to say is just say anthro, okay? And just keep calling me Brian. Wouldn't it be weird if I just called you human?" Brian said to her as they walked to the SUB. It took about a quarter of an hour, which Brian waited outside for until Kimberly was finished.

"Oh okay. Just asking. And I will just call you Brain. I was just curious as to what you would call someone. Just rather know beforehand." She explained to him. That was weird. To call her human. She just hoped that she didn't offend anyone at all. That would be terrible. After she was done, she smiled and showed it to him. "I guess I am officially now a student here. They were really surprised I was a human. I guess I am the first human student they have had in a long time." She told him.

"Congratulation, Miss Kimberly. You are now instated to the Anthro University of Texas." Brian said to her all official like, giving a salute. He couldn't help but smile down at her. "Seriously, though, welcome to AU." he told her on a more serious level. "And I don't think you the first in a long time. I think you're the first ever." he added.

Kimberly smiled at him when he spoke. "Well thank you Brain." She teased. She looked down at her ID, then placing it inside of her wallet and then back into her purse. "Nah....not the one ever. I assume they must have had one before at an earlier date. Maybe at the beginning?" She asked him. She couldn't believe she was the first one ever.

"Why do you think that? I mean, I guess it's possible, but I've never heard of a human student here. The human professors only came here in the past couple of years I hear. But maybe we could do some research and find out?" Brian said to her. "Anyway, do you have anymore appointments?" He asked Kimberly.

"I don't know. I mean, I didn't think I was really that special. She shrugged her shoulders when he spoke. "But sure. I mean, I can also ask the advisor. Yeah, I have to meet with an advisor at..." She turned her arm. "2:30 and it is 2 right now." She explained to him. Kimberly then shook her arm, adjusting the watch. She needed to activate that new cell phone. "But it shouldn't be long I hope." She added. "What do you want to do until then" She questioned.

Back
Top Bottom