Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The furry roommate? (Charliesweb7 & Mercenary)

"Well I am glad you found some help then." She told him. "Oh well I need to ask an advisor how credits transfer back really. That is the biggest thing." She told him. Kimberly got up, washing her plate off before putting it in the dishwasher. "So do you want to watch something or should I give you some alone time?" She asked. She didn't want to over step her boundaries and hang out with him a lot. She had just...well never had a roommate. He was like a brother almost.

"Alright, I'll leave that to you and the professor, then." Brian said to Kimberly. He got up and washed off his plate as well before placing it beside hers in the dishwasher. "Let's see if there's something worth watching. I had enough alone time last year, and it's good to finally have someone to talk to, hangout with, y'know?" Brian told her.

Kimberly nodded her head before going into the living room. "I don't have any siblings and you are my first roommates ever so yeah. If I am ever too much, just tell me alright?" She asked him. She wanted him to be honest if she was annoying the shit out of him or something along those lines. "What do you like to watch?" She asked. She got into a fair amount go American shows.

"Really, I'm your first?" Brian said, not really thinking that that sounded kind of awkward until after the words had left his lips. "Don't worry, I'll tell you. But I'm a person who likes company and someone to be around, so I doubt you will." He said to her. "I usually watch sports, like football, but sometimes I watch games how's and stuff. But maybe we should watch something you like?" Brian offered, letting her decide.

Kimberly nodded her head. "I don't have siblings at home and I live with my parents back home for now." She explained to him. "I was supposed to move into a flat with some friends but they didn't have enough money." She told him. Kimberly smiled at him then. "That is great to hear. I won't be spending all of my time around you, I just wanted to know if we could spend some time together." She explained awkwardly. She then looked to the TV before back to him. "I like...CSI? Law and Order... Breaking Bad....all of those shows are fun." She told him.

Brian nodded to what she said. "So are your friends going to Anthro U, or are they somewhere else?" he asked for clarification. "Well, spending all of our time together would be creepy. Where not married we're just friends. Of course we'll have our alone time." He said, looking away slightly and giving an awkward chuckle. "Those shows sound okay. I've heard of them before, but I've never actually seen one if them myself. Thought from what I heard, they're good." Brian said to get.

"Oh no, they are back home. Well, one girl went to Russia, another one to South Africa but a lot of them are waiting until they are in their third year or fourth year to travel abroad." She clarified. Kimberly blushed a bit at the marriage comment, brushing some hair behind her ear. "Yes, exactly." She told him. "Oh they are great shows! But it is your place, you should chose." She said, settling back into the couch.

"Alright. I was guessing they were somewhere else." Brian said, shrugging. He thought for a bit as he sat down beside her, but it was just for show. He knew what he was going to pick all along. "Well, I've always wanted to check out one of those shows anyway. Let's see if one's on. But u don't know what channel they would be on, so you'll have to find them. I only remember what the sports, entertainment, and Spanish channels are. And channel five news." Brian told he, handing Kimberly the remote as he he sat down beside her.

"No, I was the only one to come here. There is apparently a few exchange students that I will meet soon." She told him. She didn't realize that they were from other anthro universities. Anthro U was the best one, not many humans. She nodded her head, looking at the remote. "Uh well I am not sure where they would be either..." She explained. How did his channels work? They were probably much different then hers. She pressed the channel up button, hoping she could find a show.

"Really? Are they humans, too? I've always dreamed of a mixed university, or even a simple elementary school, any place of education really, where there was about the sane number of anthros and humans. And it's never too late to start." Brian said to her smiling. "I didn't think you would, but I thought it would be better if you skimmed through the channels, since you would recognize the shows better." He told her with a shrug, watching as the channels went by, going farther up in the numbers.

"I honestly have no idea. I haven't met them yet. How many humans are there? Or...is there any?" She asked. Honestly, she had no idea why this school was on the list of transfers. I mean, did they not know what the school was about? Probably not. The website didn't say anything about anthros...unless she read it wrong... "Oh okay, that makes sense.." She said, finally finding an old episode of Law and Order SVU. "You sure you don't mind watching this?" She asked him.

"Oh, alright. And no, I don't think so. You're the first human to come here that I know of." Brian said to her. "Yeah, I'm okay with watching this. It's like a drama cop show, right? Or detective show or whatever, but it's more than just simple criminals?" He said to Kimberly. He had only heard about the show from overhearing conversations or a few times from his friends.

"Oh really?" She asked him. Well then, this would be awaked. And meant that she would not be liked. So much for a semester abroad... "Well that should be interesting then. How many students are there?" She asked him. She pulled her legs up, nodding her head. "Yes, it is SVU, special victims unit. It deals with sexual assault. I know it is not good to head but the cast is fantastic!" She explained.

"Yeah. But don't worry, I'll be an icebreaker for you, and I'm sure you and my friends will get along. And there are about three thousand students if you round up a bit." He told Kimberly. "Sexual assault, huh? Why dies sex always gave to be involved with drama shows? And I'm assuming that that's not the only sex related stuff in the show. I guess I'm not really into that stuff, that's why I don't really watch any drama." Brian said to her with a shrug. "But if you say it's good, I'll take your word for it. Though I'm assuming there will be parts I'd have to have some sort if prior knowledge for, so you might have to walks me through some stuff." he said, looking back to the TV and watching.

"Oh so not a lot of students." She told him. When he spoke, she chewed on her lower lip. Her hand moved over, picking up the remote. "I am sure there is something else on..." She replied. He might not like a crime drama like this. Maybe this wasn't such a good idea. Letting her choose. "Here." She said, then handing it over. "I want you to choose what you want to watch. I am really fine with anything." She said. Well, except most reality TV. That was too boring or just plain stupid.

"Yeah. But it's relatively large for an anthro college." Brian told her. He felt kind of bad talking about the show she liked like that, and he didn't want to be the reason they stopped watching this. "No, I can handle it. You said it was good, right?" He said to Kimberly, smiling a bit. But Brian had to admit, he wasn't kind of tempted to change the channel to see if he could find some football...

"Is there a lot of anthros out there?" She asked. "All kinds I mean." She asked him. She knew he wouldn't know every single one but just curious. Were they only here or where she lived? Kimberly then shook her head. "It is alright. It wasn't a good episode anyways." She lied. She didn't want to make him sit through a show he didn't like. They weren't married. Or even dating. That was very unfair to ask.

"I would say there are. But it's not like that's unlikely, considering different anthems come from all over to be here." Brian said. "Really, are you sure? I'm not really in the mood for a game show right now, and I don't think there are any games on right now." He said, though the last part was a lie as well. He knew the Iowa State-Texas game had started recently, one of the only games of Iowa State that would be shown here. But he didn't want to have her watch a game that she didn't want to either. "Maybe TV was a bad idea..." He said to Kimberly.

"So what are other anthros like?" She asked him. Did they act like their animals? She didn't want to ask and have him be offended by it. She looked to him when he spoke. "No, I want you to pick. Honestly." Kimberly replied. When he spoke about a bad idea, she lightly got up. "Well, I think I am going to head to bed. I am still kind of jet lagged from my trip. So goodnight roommate and I will see you tomorrow." She said, waving a bit before heading upstairs to her room.

"Well, I mean we're just like people. We're all unique, and we all have out own personalities. It's like of I asked you what are other humans like. You can't really speak for every individual." Brian said to her. He watched as she fit up and left. "Alright. Goodnight, Kimberly." Brian called after her as she went up stairs. He turned to the game, but was fast asleep by halftime.

Kimberly headed into bed, then getting ready. She took a shower, making sure to wash her face before then stepping out. Her nightly routine was something she had down to a science. Toner and then face lotion. Serum in her hair and braiding it. Then brushing teeth and then into bed. She climbed into the bed, noticing it was rather soft. And the bedding was nice so she was rather happy. She turned off the table lamp, settling into bed.

Brian woke up late the next morning, around 11:45 am. He rolled over a couple of times before laying on his back again. Then he gave a bit of a snort before his eyes opened. Brian sat up and yawned, stretching a bit before scratching behind his ear once or twice.

Kimberly was already up. She had been up since about 9:30 or so. She had made breakfast, saving him some of the pancakes and bacon in the microwave for him. She was now sitting at the table, on her laptop typing some emails with a glass of water and some tea. She seemed to be like she was week adjusted and right at home. And she almost felt that way. Brian did a very good job.

Brian caught smell of bacon and got up off of the couch more easily than he would of on other days. He walked into the kitchen, smiling at Kimberly when he saw her. "You got up early for an off day." He said, walking past her and to where the smell of bacon was coming from. His fit was messed up in places, kind of like a bed head for anthros. Yet it looked almost as decent on him as when he actually combed it. Brian quickly reheated the food before munching down in the bacon, his mind still waking up. The most manners he managed in this state was saying "thanks for the breakfast." with his mouth still somewhat full.

All of a sudden he appeared, his fur sticking up all over the place. She wanted to laugh but she didn't. "Oh, I generally wake up rather early to begin with." She replied to him, smiling gently. Kimberly sent off the last email before watching him. He seemed to just have one thought. Food. He even managed to talk when his mouth was full. "Your welcome." She replied gently, smiling before sipping on some tea. "Did you sleep well?" She asked him, closing her laptop.

Back
Top Bottom