Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The furry roommate? (Charliesweb7 & Mercenary)

"Yeah, you and me both. I hope they're all alright. I haven't talked to them since I left." Brian said, sighing a bit in thought. "You're a good person, you know that?" He spoke almost absentmindedly, thinking of all the people who had rejected him, how bad school was. Brian had been the only anthro in the schools he went to, at least in his grade, until some of his brothers had gone too, years later. It wasn't easy growing up surrounded by people who didn't like you, despite not knowing you. The only one who was ever really there for him was his mother, and when he had the time, his father. His sibling got annoying, but they were alright, too. He would do anything for them, "Don't doubt that I will." Brian said, taking another whiff. It smelled delicious.

"Well then why don't you call them?" She asked him. She had no idea that he really couldn't call. She then looked to him when he spoke. "I am just like everyone else." She told him, shrugging her shoulders. She really didn't think of herself as anything special. After all, she was just a normal girl really. "Alright well it shouldn't take too long." She said, then stirring the ingredients. It would take her about an hour more at most.

"Too far away. Can't afford the long distance calls." He said with a shrug. But then she said something he almost completely disagreed with. "If you were like everyone else, you'd either be a close minded jerk, or everyone else would be awesome and the world would be a better place. No, you're something special." Brian told her seriously. He noticed how quickly he defended her, even from her own opinion. Maybe he did really like her. But he doubted she would like him in that way, especially now. "Good." Brian replied, wanting the taste in his mouth more than the scent in his nose.

"Long distance?" She asked him. "Doesn't your cell phone cover all of the United States?" She asked him gently. When he defended her, she looked over to him. She wondered why he was so quick to defend her. "Well thank you." She told him, blushing a bit at his compliment. That was nice that he seemed to like her so much. Well at least think she was special. "You don't have to hang around the kitchen you know. If you want to go watch some TV or something, that is fine by me." She explained. She had been used to things like this. She loved cooking at her place back home. She took lessons from a few chefs before.

"I can't afford even that good of a plan. The phone I use is mostly for emergencies or local friends." Brian explained. "You're welcome, but it's just the truth." He said to her. "Maybe, but I can smell it better from here." Brian, though he still turned to walk to the other room. He did wonder if anything good was on. If there wasn't, he would just go back to the kitchen. Brian grabbed the remote and turned on the TV, flipping through the channels.

He couldn't? The phone she just got would call anyone she wanted and it was really cheap. Then again, a lot of things were cheap over here. A lot of people complained when they really could have it much worse. She smiled, blushing a little bit at his compliment. "Well thank you." She explained to him. She liked that he complimented her. She then laughed gently. "True, but I just didn't want you standing around. I assume sitting down is much more comfortable." She told him. She continued to cook, testing the potatoes as well. This would be a little different. She would put the mashed potatoes on top of the filling and then bake that.

Brian honestly probably had the cheapest plan on the market, the only one that could fit his budget. "You're welcome." Brian said in a bit of a voice before he walked into the TV room. He finally found a sorts channel showing football, the only sorts channel he got.

In a little over an hour, she was done, having a plate already spooned out for him and on the table. "Alright, dinner is ready!" She called. Odd, it was almost like they were married.. She rifled around for some utensils, finding two spoons before setting them on the table. She got herself a glass of water, allowing him to get his own drink. She wasn't going to get him a drink. That seemed a little.. too friendly.

Brian was at the table before she had even finished calling to him. "Altight, I've been waiting to try this!" Brian said. He wanted to just shove it into his face, but He controlled himself to have manners around her. He didn't want to seem like a slob. Brian grabbed his glass and poured himself some milk, then say back down at he table. "Thanks again for this." he told her with a smile before turning back to his plate, where the origin of the amazing smell was. He scooped out a bit and put it in his mouth, chewing with it closed, savoring the taste. Brian let his pleasure be known with an "Mmmmmm."

She smiled as he seemed to almost want to stick his face into it. She broke up her piece, mixing the potatoes around with it a bit. She then watched as he started eating and moaned. "You like it?" She asked him. She took a bite, noticing it was rather hot for her. She needed to let it cool down a bit. She took a sip of water, glad that he liked it. "I am glad you like it." She replied to him. Kimberly then tired it again, noticing it wasn't as hot.

"Mmhm!" Brian replied, his mouth full of her delicious cooking. It was hot, but Brian didn't mind. He continued eating, quickly but not as far as stuffing his face with it like he so badly wanted to. He would take some gulps of water to wash it down and cool his mouth and throat in between bites. Brian was very happy with her meal.

Kimberly laughed gently as he was wolfing down his food. "I guess you were rather hungry huh?" She told him. Maybe she needed to be making him meals... if he helped buy the groceries...why not? He could even help her. "There is plenty more in there if you would like it." She explained to him.

"I'm actually not that hungry, it's just soo good!" Brian told her as he finished. "It's also pretty filling, though. I think I'm a little full, but I might be able to it one more..." Brian told her feeling a little kind of stuffed.

Kimberly laughed a bit as he spoke. "You weren't hungry?" She teased him. That seemed to be a lie. Or she was just that good of a cook? Nah, she didn't want to brag. She wasn't a five star chef at all. A lot of people were better than her. "What if we split the grocery bill and every time I cook, I make enough for two of us?" She asked him. "I am pretty sure it would work out to be less than frozen meals." She said. By the time she factored in everything. "Just an idea." She then suggested." She didn't want to put him on the spot.

"Sounds like a great idea to me! I accept." Brian told her, finishing his water with a satisfactory 'ahh'. "Thanks for the meal, it was great." He said, smiling at her. "So, I guess I'll show you around campus tomorrow? I'm assuming you know that class starts tomorrow again?" Brian said to her.

Kimberly smiled. "Alright, sounds like a deal." She told him. It would be a long year then... She tilted her head to the side when he spoke. "I thought classes were in like a week!" She replied. Wait, it was a week right? No, it wasn't this soon! She swore they were a week away. Gosh, time must have flown by then. No...yes? Ugh, she really needed to see the date.

"Well, I thought they were tomorrow. Don't take my word for it though, I'm really bad at remembering dates. Maybe we should recheck the schedule, just to make sure." Brian said. In his mind, it started tomorrow, but now he was starting to doubt his information.

Kimberly had one of those little mini heart attacks. She nodded her head gently. "Yeah, I hope it is next week." She explained, then getting up and grabbing her laptop. After opening it up, she could see that it was next Monday. "Next Monday, the 17th." She replied, feeling herself clam down a bit. "Gosh, you scared me!" She explained, closing her laptop.

"I hope so, too." Brian said, wanting to be more prepared for school himself. He let out a sigh of relief when he heard it was next week. "A whole nother week off, that's a good surprise." He said. Brian wanted more time to work to get more money, and more time to rest. "You know, if you hadn't decided to stay, I probably would have gone to the university tomorrow." He told her with a chuckle.

Kimberly laughed gently. "I am sure you would have noticed when you got onto campus..." She replied. "Can we still go to campus tomorrow and show me around?" She asked him. It would be nice to have a tour beforehand so she didn't get lost on her first day. "What year are you in school?" She asked him. how long had he been in school? She couldn't exactly tell if he was old or young.

"Yeah, but it's still a good sized walk there and back." Brian said with a shrug. "Sure I can show you around." He told her, willing to show her around. "This is my second year here. I'm a sophomore." Brian replied , letting her know.

It was? She thought that is wasn't all that far away. A few blocks. Then again, she didn't know just how big the campus was. She smiled when he said he would show her around. "Thank you, that is a really big help." She replied to him. As he said he was a sophomore, she smiled. "I am as well!" She replied to him.

"Sure thing. Not knowing where to go sucks. So I want to make your first day as easy as possible." Brian told her. Apparently, she was a sophomore, too. "Really? Cool! I assume you had a year in another college back in England?" He asked her, somewhat interested in what stories she had to share.

"Well thank you. I would hate being late because I can't find the places." She told him. She then nodded her head. "Yeah, everything is a little bit different over there. Credits and such. It is kind of hard to understand your system a bit." She told him. She had to ask someone a few times and she was to talk to an advisor on Tuesday.

"Yeah, that would be bad. I was almost late on my first day, but my new friend Martin helped me. Turns out we have a lot of the same classes. He had a map and we made it just in time. All we got was a death glare from the prof." Brian told her, laughing a bit in memorization. "What do you mean by 'system'? Are you still confused? Because maybe I could help explain something." He offered her, not knowing exactly what Kimberly was talking about.

Back
Top Bottom