Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The furry roommate? (Charliesweb7 & Mercenary)

She nodded her head, but not having anything to write it down with. He would tell her later. He then said that he didn't want her to pay. Really? She pulled out twenty five dollars, then folding them up. "Well here, you said you needed money for gas. I hope this is enough." She explained. "And well the flights are rather expensive. But the semester here is much cheaper as is a place to stay once I work it out." She explained to him. "So it really works out." She explained. She made sure to place the money in the cup holder for him.

"Alroght, if you say so." Brian said, looking down at the money. He wasn't going to take from her, he only needed ten of it. He grabbed a ten and the five dollar bills from the cup holder and handed them back to her. "I didn't need much has. The ten will do." He told her. Brian still felt a a little bad for taking the ten, but he had given her the choice, and it was what she had decided.

Well, he asked for it right? She then watched as he only took ten. "Alright." She said. "Is gas really that cheap here? It is rather expensive where I am." She told him. There was a lot of differences really. "So are you allergic to anything?" She asked him. She didn't want to give him something he was allergic to. Were anthros even allergic to anything?

"I wasn't getting much gas, and there's a bit of a sale going on. I call a sale, but really it's a trick. They lower their prices down to get everyone else to, even though they might not be able to go down that low. The people come here to by it while they can, and then the prices go back up soon enough. The competition can't stay low and have to go back up, at which point people have already gotten their has here. How much dies it cost where you're from, anyway?" Brian asked, knowing little about Europe, besides some countries he remembered learning about a long time ago in geography.

That didn't make much sense to her. Gas? On sale? Yeah right. She just listened to him and then nodding her head. "Oh well gas where I am from... is about..." She said, trying to convert and remember the amount she paid last time. "About like ten dollars a litre. And that is about one quarter of a gallon. So quite a lot more honestly." She told him. Gas was so much more expensive. People in America shouldn't really complain about it.

"Wow, seriously? How do you afford that much?! It's usually around two and a half dollars over here per gallon! Though prices have been rising..." Brian said to her. The amount had surprised him. He was sure glad he didn't live in Europe right now. That was insane! A lot more for a lot less. Man, did he deal lucky to be in America!

"Yes, it is very expensive. It is surprising how cheap gas is over here!" She told him. Then again, she didn't drive as much as he probably did. "Yes, the system is a bit different." She explained to him. Kimberly brushed some hair back, noticing the drive back took much longer. "A lot of people use the subway though. It is really quite easy. Public transportation is much bigger over there." She told him.

"Probably because you wouldn't want to go places with your own car if gas was that expensive." Brian responded with a shrug. "It's not as common here, but a lot of people still use ths bus. That was actually the name of my favoritrdio station back in Iowa. 100.3, the Bus." he said thoughtfully, thinking a little bit about his days back home. Brian drive out and back towards the house. There was some traffic, so it took longer, but eventually the we're pulling into the driveway. Brian pressed the remote garage door opener, and the garage door lifted up before he drive into the garage. He closed it behind him and got out of the car.

"Well if you have reliable transportation...why not use it? I mean like in Japan...can you imagine all of them having cars? It is already so congested!" She said. It was also super expensive over there. She wondered how people lived over there really. 3 families in a small apartment...wow. She smiled at the mention of Iowa and the station. She had never been there. She wondered what it was like. "Is there usually this many people at one time?" She asked. But soon enough they were home and getting out of the car. "Thank your for taking me Brian." She thanked him.

"People are probably going home from work." Brian explained on the way back. He would like to live in Japan, or at least visit there someday. Japan was one of the few places in the world that widely accepted anthros like him. But the place seemed a little too techno-crazy for him.

Brian heard Kimberly thank him as he opened the dour inside the garage to the house. "Sure thing. Thanks for not freaking out completely and running away when you first met me. Thank you for giving me a chance." He told her, true emotion in his voice. It was something that just came to his mind that she had done for him, and Brian wanted her to know he appreciated it.

"Oh, doesn't it seem early?" She asked him. She didn't know how rush hour worked here. She started collecting some of the stuff, then getting out of the car. As he spoke, she smiled. "You are welcome. It is different. I was afraid that I would upset you..." She explained. Kimberly frowned a bit. "I guess it is just different but I don't know." She replied. She didn't tell him that she might forget sometimes and be a little scared. Like at night..

"No, it's about on time here. Especially for a Sunday." Brian told her, looking up at the clock. There would have been more traffic, but it was only the people who worked on Sundays. "And hey, you haven't really offended me at all, just to let you know. I only get offended if it's on purpose. It actually makes me a little happy that you want to learn more about us. So your questions don't really offend me at all." He said, smiling.

"Well I don't mean to if I ever say something that offends you." She told him. Kimberly liked to think of herself as not...species..est? That sound wrong. Not discrimination against any species. Yeah sounded weird. "Well thank you again for taking me." She explained to him. Kimberly smiled before then carrying groceries in and placing them on the counter. Then she started unpacking them and putting them away.

"I know. And I like that about you." Brian said as he grabbed done bags himself. He hoped what he said didn't sound too awkward, he had meant it in a mostly friendly way. Brian set the bags of groceries beside her on the counter and began helping, purring the groceries away with her.

Once in there, he started helping her. "Thank you." She said, easily getting them put away. They were done quickly. "Thank you so much for helping! I just need to get the bedding out of the car." Kimberly replied, heading down and grabbing it before disappearing into her room. Once it was down, she called him in. The bed looked like the galaxy. Stars and nebulas. It was really cool.

"Sure thing." He told her as they finished putting everything away. He watched as she went to the car and got her bedding and then headed upstairs. Brian went upstairs soon enough himself, and he looked into her room. "Nice." Brian said, looking at her bed, then around the room. He simply had white bedding, nothing special or colorful.

She smiled and then brushed her hair behind her ears. "Thanks, I am so glad you have an extra bed!" She told him. It saved her money. And a dresser. "Are you hungry? Should I start making something to eat?" She asked him gently.

"Hey, What's that supposed to mean? I can't be that bad to sleep with." Brian said, though he was smiling to show it was a joke. "Abd yes, I am. It would be nice of you would." He told her.

Kimberly laughed gently. "I just meant I didn't want to have to get an air mattress." She said. "Well I bet it is great to sleep with you in the winter! If it gets cold, I bet you are very warm!" She explained. She then nodded her head, going down the stairs to the kitchen. "How does some shepherds pie sound?" She asked him.

"I know what you mean. Back in Iowa we didn't have enough beds for me and my brothers and sister, so me and Bobby and Jack had to sleep on air mattresses for three years. The first months were rough, but after that, we got used to it." Brian told her, thinking back to one of the many stories he had from his childhood. "You know, I'd agree to that. If you got cold you, know. I can be cuddly." He said, still joking mostly. "Shepherd's Pie would be great!" He told her, grinning.

"Oh wow..." She replied to him. Well now she felt bad. Like she was really complaining about stupid things. Just like her complaining about an air mattress. "How many siblings do you have?" She asked him. It sounded like he had a lot of them. She had no siblings so it was very different. "Well, I will keep that in mind if it is getting very cold." She teased. "Alright, well I will start making it." She said, getting out some ingredients.

Yeah. Six brothers and a sister. Funny thing was, Jenna, our Suster, actually was more human. I guess they call them nekos in Japan. She's got a human body, but also a tail and wolf ears, and a couple of fangs, and animal eyes. The rest of us all looked like wolves, though." Brian told her. He suddenly wondered how his family was doing, but he couldn't afford a call of that distance. Maybe he could write to them sometime? From what he remembered, mom never really checked her e-mail, and no one else had a computer. "It'd be like wearing a fur coat." Brian said, laughing a bit. "That would be nice." he replied, anticipating the taste of her cooking.

"Wow, that is a lot of kids!" She replied. So wasn't his mother a wolf or something? "Interesting...do people accept her?" She asked him. Kimberly found that this was all still strange though. "I have no siblings." She told him. She had always wanted a sibling. "Do they live around here or elsewhere?" She asked him. She didn't know that he wasn't from here. "Yes, a fur coat." She teased, laughing. "Well I hope you like it. I love things like this." She explained.

"Yeah. It's not uncommon for an anthro to have a lot of kids though, at least not now that we're more public. Usually it's like this: human and human make human, anthro and anthro make anthro. Even human and anthro usually make one or the other. But sometimes, one gets born that's a mix of the two. That would be people like my sister. I don't really know if she's excepted, though she did seem pretty shy. But Jenna's been that way most of her life. She's only six now, the last of us kids. Or at least to my knowledge. They live up in south-eastern Iowa." Brian told her as she cooked. "From what I'm smelling, I think I'm going to like it a lot!" he said as he took a deep whiff of the air.

"Ah I see." Kimberly replied as he explained things for her. "Well, I hope people don't tease her." She told him. She knew that they might look scary...but you just had to get to know them right? It was like the Civil Rights Movement in America. A lot of people disliked African Americans until years later. It was just sad. Why did they hate people because of their skin color? There was bad whites, hispanics, blacks, asians and every other ethnicity. Didn't mean that everyone in that ethnicity was that way. She had just started cooking when he spoke. "Well thank you, I hope you enjoy it." She said, adding a few spices.

Back
Top Bottom