Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The furry roommate? (Charliesweb7 & Mercenary)

Brian looked at her quizzically for a moment, then laughed. "Oh yeah, you're from England. Everything's opposite for you, isn't it?" he said with a chuckle. "You might want to go over how to drive here a couple of times before you do it yourself." Brian said to her.

Kimberly laughed a bit. "I am pretty sure I won't be driving here. Otherwise, I will end up on the wrong side of the road!" She teased, laughing a bit. "But yeah, a lot of things are different over there than here. Just like the way we talk. Chips instead of fries." She explained to him. That was the most common one.

"You mean fries instead of chips." He joked as they drive off. Soon enough they were in the city, surrounded by the large buildings and stores. "Alright, look around for stores with the stuff you need." Brian said, keeping his eyes on the road, but glancing over at her every now and then.

Kimberly rolled her eyes at him. "Oh, you are so funny." She teased him. The drive wasn't long before they were in the city, lots of taller buildings. "Um...well I am not sure what all of these stores are..." She told him. "Where can I get bedding and pillows?" She asked. Maybe they would need to make a few stops. She would have to see.

"Just a sec, it's right around the corner." Brian told her as he took a right. "One of my favorite stores that I've never been to. Sofa King." He said as he pulled up to the store's parking lot, finding a space. "You know, this place is Sofa King great!" Brian joked, putting the car in park and turning it off.

"Sofa King?" She asked him gently. "Does...he sell Sofa's or is that just the name?" She asked him. She smiled to him gently as he turned off the car. "I assume I need to go in by myself?" She asked him. Kimberly unbuckled, then grabbing her purse. "I will try not to be long." She told him.

"Just run the name through your mind a couple of times fast. Anyway, they sell basically all kinds of furniture and related stuff like that. I'm sure you'll what you need. But yeah, I'm not aloud in. Don't worry about his long you'll take, I'll be here when you get out." Brian told her, laying back in the seat.

Kimberly nodded and then got out of the car. She was running it through her head but she didn't understand it. Oh well. She headed in, then being led to some sheets and bedding. She easily found bedding she liked, then just picking sheets. She had to feel how soft each one was. It was only about 20 minutes later before she came out, smiling to him. That was easy. Just some food and shampoo and such. That was all.

Brian got out of the car as he saw her coming back."Find what you need?" he asked Kimberly as he went to the trunk, popping it. "Just put it in here, I've got nothing else in it so it'll fit." Brian said to her as he held the trunk up.

She placed the bedding in the back and nodded her head. "Alright, well all I need is groceries, then some shampoo and such. If that is alright with you." Kimberly asked him. She wanted to make sure that she was not over stepping her boundaries. "Maybe I could cook you something?" She asked him. "Just to be nice." She told him.

"Don't worry about it, there's a walmart not far from here. I can fill up on gas while we're there, too." Brian told her. He didn't really need to, as his tank was about 80% full, but that's why he had her pay for it, because it wouldn't be that much, and then he could save a little bit of money for his part of the rent. "And you don't have to cook for me if you don't want to. I've pretty much been surviving from microwavable meals, so a real meal would actually be pretty nice, though. And you'd probably like your cooking more than mine. Unless you want something under-cooked, over-cooked, or from the fridge, then you should probably cook." He said, smiling as he got back into the car and turned the key in the ignition, starting it up again.

She nodded her head, getting back in the car and buckling up. Kimberly laughed gently when he spoke. "I love to cook so it would be my pleasure to cook you a meal." She explained to him. "Maybe I can teach you a few things to cook?" She asked him gently. She was just trying to be nice was all. "What is your favorite meal?" She asked.

"Well, thank you. And who knows? Crazier things have happened then me being able to cook a different meal. And I don't really have any favorites, but basically anything with meat. Yeah yeah, I know. Stereotypical wolf and all. But I can't help it." Brian said to her as he drove out of the parking lot. Soon enough they were at walmart and Brian pulled up to one of the gas stations outside.

Kimberly laughed a bit when he spoke. "Well I can at least try. And meat isn't so bad. At least you aren't someone who only eats vegetables." She told him. She didn't understand how people could be like vegans. Once he pulled up, she lightly got out her wallet. How much would gas cost?

"Yeah, I don't think I could live a day as a vegetarian. Especially not a vegan. Milk's my favorite drink. Anthros that are like herbivore animals tend to be vegetarians, though. By the way, I'm not aloud into Walmart either. They don't want to openly support anthros when the majority of the public isn't that accepting of us. But we are still aloud to use the gas pumps out here." Brian told her.

Everything was so interesting... She wondered why people hated them. Probably because they were so different. She had to be honest, she hadn't fully gotten used to him either. It was still strange. She might have some issues. Hopefully she didn't see him at night. That might freak her out. "Alright well I won't be too long." She mentioned to him. "I am usually able to be in and our soon." She told him.

"Alright. See you in a bit then." Brian told her. He put the pump into the car's side and waited for it to fill up. Subconsciously, he began to think about Kimberly more, and that mental image of Kimberly in that bikini came to the front of his mind. Brian shook his head, trying not to think that way about her, but he couldn't help it. And honestly, he liked Kimberly. Maybe even like like, but even of he really did, he should give it more time.

Kimberly had just met him. He was nice though. Kimberly headed out, then walking towards the store. She had to make a mental note of what she needed. Shopping through the aisles wouldn't be that hard. It would be finding shampoo. But she was done in an hour. A fair amount of groceries and then some shampoo, face wash and conditioner. All of that good stuff. She now just have to find his car. Crap....

After the tabk had filled, Brian had paid with his credit card. It had only cost $10.95, and he got a receipt for Kimberly. She could just give him the money. Though thinking about asking her for the money felt awkward. He went back into the car and sat back into the seat. Eventually, Brian fell asleep in the car.

Kimberly sighed, starting walking up one of the aisles. She literally had to walk through about all of them considering he had parked very far away. She was exhausted after, panting a bit as she knocked not he car. It took her about 30 minutes just to find his car! Her arms were killing her, and some of the frozen had probably started defrosting. He was asleep in the car as well! Damn...

She had to knock a couple of times before Brian rolled his head over. His eyes slowly opened until he saw her knocking, and then they went full with realization. He unlocked the car and opened the door. "Sorry about that, Kimberly. I haven't been getting much rest recently, I guess. You haven't been out here long, have you?" Brian asked, not wanting to have caused her trouble.

Once he finally unlocked and opened the door, she barely got in. She winced a bit as she placed the bags on the floor. "Oh well I have been trying to find you for a while. I have been walking all over the lot..." She whispered. She wondered if he had issue sleeping now and if that would cause her problems. "I just didn't know where you were." She told him. She had a new cellphone down though. Just a basic one to make calls with. That was all she needed.

"Really? Sorry. We probably should have made a plan before hand. I'd say you should have called me, but you don't have my number yet, do you?" Brian said to her. Now he felt it would just be wrong to ask her for the money. But he'd have to go in for another late shift to make up for it, and then he could fall asleep in class tomorrow! But that would be a lot less worse then not making enough for rent. And the landlord was one of those people who was iffy when it came to anthros, so he doubted he would get cut much slack.

"Yeah, i just got prepaid one here. For me to call you otherwise...would cost a lot of money." She explained to him. She rubbed her arms that were now red, showing the lines from the bags on her forearms. "Plus I don't have your number." She told him. "Oh, so I need to pay you for gas right?" She asked him. She wondered how he afford the place before her? That is what she wondered. She pulled out her wallet, then opening it up. She had already spent soooo much money...

"Yeah. Alright. My number is the area code, then 965-2050, by the way." Brian said, noticing the markings in her bag. He had been paying for the house with the money his mother had given him, having gotten a scholarship for the collage. The job was to pay for things like food and stuff, but the money from his mom had started to run out. It was getting really stressful recently. Between college, work, football practice, and the extra shifts he was taking, he had little to no free time, not to mention sleep. But he kept his family in mind whenever he wanted to quit, or give up, and he powered through each day. But now rent was getting hard to pay, and the extra shifts were needed to keep up with his bills. "You know, it's fine if you don't want to pay. Moving here couldn't have been cheap. I'll be able to pay it myself." Brian finally said. His conscious had gotten the best of him, and he wanted to slap himself. And yet, he felt it was right to give her the choice.

Back
Top Bottom