Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The furry roommate? (Charliesweb7 & Mercenary)

"Alright. How about whatever half of this month's rent is is what you pay. Don't worry, it's been the normal pay for awhile, It didn't just raise or anything. And yes, Internet, utilities and cable are included." Brian said, hoping she would take the offer, even if he had to answer more questions. She was the first to answer his ad, but he had doubts that he would get many others, if any. And that might take too long that he might fall behind on rent. He was already about to take more shifts at work just to make this month's rent, and that could mess up his sleep and studying. But he was willing to do it, thinking about his family.

"That sounds fair." She mentioned. After all, she needed to make sure that that was written in the contract as well. "Will you have quite hours or does this neighborhood? I am not a big partier or nor will I be having a lot of people over. I am just curious if I can play some light music after like 10 pm." She asked him. She wasn't a loud person but she didn't want a roommate who would be pissed off if she was listening to music quietly in her room.

"There aren't any official quiet hours, but if it's loud enough that someone calls the cops and complains, then there's a problem. But from what I can tell you just mean listening to music quietly, so there shouldn't be a problem with that. Just as long as you're not rocking out and I'm trying to get to sleep or anything." Brian said to her, hoping that answered her question. "It tends to be a quiet neighborhood, but there are sometime college parties down the street, just to let you know." Brian decided to inform her as long as they were on that subject for the moment.

Kimberly shook her head at him. "No, I am not very loud. I just didn't know if me playing some music would upset you." She explained to him. She nodded her head, thinking of other things to ask him. "Is this area safe? It looks like a very nice area but has there been any issues with people lurking around and such? Then again, he would probably scare away anyone. Did other people know about these anthros or what? Kimberly was still new to all of this.

"Well, there haven't been any crimes or accidents, if that's what you're asking. Not around here, at least. Farther up north it can get dangerous, some extremist humans have been attacking the apartments housing anthros. I wouldn't go up there, but I think you would be safe, being a human and all." Brian said to her, sighing a little as he told her about the anthros being attacked. All she had to do was grab the first newspaper among the many that had been thrown in the trash can, all with headlines about another anthro killed in cold blood. Brian wouldn't be surprised if there was another riot happening up there as well. Luckily, the state had actually sent the guard in to try and protect the anthros, though it could only stop so much.

So it sounded like she wasn't safe with him after all. Everyone wanted to kill his kind. Well...this kind of sucked. She nodded her head gently, now wondering what she got herself into. Maybe she shouldn't be his roommate. She was still curious about anthros though...and would they hate her? "I am not sure what else I have to ask. What would you like to ask me?" Kimberly asked him. She had been asking all of the questions. He probably had his questions of her as well.

Brian saw her uncertainty as he told her about the rioting. "Hey, you shouldn't be worried. When I saw up north, I mean way up north. Nothing in this area has happened. It's safe here, there aren't many anthros in these parts, only me and the ones staying in the house down the road where the parties sometimes are. There might be a few others." Brian told her in an attempt to calm her down. He thought about any questions he could have for her, but none really came to mind. "No, not really. Nothing business related, anyways." Brian said to Kimberly, looking back at her.

Still, she was not exactly feeling super safe. She didn't want to tell her parents either about him. She nodded her head softly at the mention of only a few others. But didn't the University have a lot? So there should be a fair amount of them around then right? She then smiled gently. "Alright so do you have a contract I should sign?" She asked him. The same one as the landlord? Or did he own the place?

This neighborhood wasn't the one where most anthro students attending Anthro University strayed. It was actually on the opposite side of the university where that neighborhood was, relative to this one. "Really, you're staying? Awesome! Just a sec..." Brian said, before getting up. He went and got the contract from his landlord. He didn't own the place himself.

"Unless you do not want me here..." She said. When he got up, she sighed and then looked around the kitchen. It was a nice little place around here. Not too old but not brand new. When he appeared back with a paper, she smiled at him. "I do not have the cash at the moment but I can go directly to bank and get some money out." She told him softly.

"Hey, don't worry about it. Just get the money when you can." Brian told her, ignoring her first comment. It was quite obvious that he did. He laid down the paper infront of her, eagerly waiting for her to sign it. Apparently, it had gone better than he had initially thought.

Once the contract was set down, she stated reading over it. "Well, I wouldn't be very good if I didn't pay after I signed the contract." She told him. It was only right to after all. She was looking over the contract, trying to understand everything. "Do you know what this contract says?" She asked him. She hoped he could explain a few things to her. Not much but did he even know what the contract said?

"Maybe. What parts do you have questions about. It basically states that pay is due at the beginning of every month. We have three days after the due days to pay until the landlord can kick us out. We are responsible for damages in the house, and that we agree to all of these things. Is there anything else you're confused about?" Brian told her. He was no expert, but he had read over it with his friend, who was here to become a lawyer. There weren't any loopholes in the contract, but it was a fair one.

She looked pointed at this one. "When does the landlord come around and check the property?" She asked. There was a clause saying the landlord had access to the property at any time to check. "Are they okay with having another tenant?" She asked him. Kimberly didn't want to be kicked out. She then looked over the contract, seeing that everything else was in order. Yes, just that she was curious about.

"The landlord comes whenever he wants, but it's usually once every other month or so. And yes, they are. I already contacted them asking about it. That's why there are two bedrooms. It's what this place was meant for in the first place. So, is that everything?" Brian told her, hoping that she would sign it, waiting anxiously.

Kimberly nodded her head softly then. "Alright, I believe that is all." She told him. She picked up the pen, then signing her name at the bottom. It was in a nice script. Kimberly Chance, then printing her full name and initialing in the correct places and putting a date. "Alright." She said, smiling at him. "I am pair through the night at the hotel. So should I come back tomorrow with my stuff and the rent money?" She asked him, standing up slowly.

"Sounds good to me! I guess I'll see you tomorrow, then?" Brian asked, a smile on his face that showed his white canine teeth. He picked up the contract and looked it over one last time before putting it away. "Do you need help moving anything? Because if you do, don't hesitate to call." He told her, letting her know he would help.

For some reason, him showing his teeth wasn't exactly as scary as she would have thought. She shook her head at him. "Oh, I only have two suitcases. It is not much for me to move but thank you! I also need to get a phone while I am here." She said. At the door, she smiled to him. "Well, I guess we are roommates then!" She added, shaking his....paw....or hand.

"Alright then. Goodnight, and have a safe trip back to your hotel, roommate." Brian told her, smiling still. He shook her hand, his feeling warm. "Seeing you in the morning, I assume? Or when do you plan on coming over?" He asked Kimberly, wanting to be ready for her when she arrived to move in.

"Around noon." She replied before heading out and getting into the cab. She headed back to the hotel, wondering how it would be with him.

~~~

The next day, Kimberly arrived at the house with two large trunks. They were both navy and white stripes. Today, she was in a pair of ripped denim shorts and a tank top. In her purse was an envelope with the correct amount of cash for first and last months rent. Kimberly waited for a bit, wondering if he would be up. She told him when....

"Alright. See you then, Kimberly." Brian said, watching her go. As soon as she was gone, he did another happy dance, jumping around and fist-pumping and all, but this one lasted longer. He had done it! And from what he could tell, it was with a good person, too! Her accent made it sound like she was from overseas, somewhere in Europe. Probably England or something. After awhile, he went to his room and got some sleep.

~~~

He woke up at 11:55, rolling over with a moan. Brian's eyes creaked open, peering at the alarm clock. Seeing the time, his eyes shot open. Yesterday, he turned the sound of to avoid it embarrassingly going off during the middle of his talk with Kimberly. He had forgotten to turn the volume back on and hadn't woken up when it would have normally gone off. He shot out of bed, wearing yesterday's shorts and underwear, but nothing else. He slapped on some deodorant, but in his rush he forgot to put a shirt on. Brian headed down stairs, going straight to the door and opening it, seeing Kimberly. "Sorry about that! I hope you haven't been out here long. My alarm clock, uh, didn't go off, I just woke up." Brian told her, just a little out of breathe. He still didn't realize he wasn't wearing a shirt. his muscles showing through the fur. There was a tuft of grey fur in between his chest as well.

Kimberly was waiting outside, avoiding dining the doorbell again. She didn't want to seem impatient. She checked her watch, seeing it had already been two minutes. She knocked on the door, giving a few loud rasps against it. She wished she had a phone to call him. She was looking around the neighborhood when he opened the door. And she was surprised, her eyes a little wide at a shirtless Brain. "Oh that is alright..." She replied to him, looking up to his eyes. "You um...forget something?" She asked him.

He gave a little bit of a sigh in relief, then noticed she was looking at him wide-eyed. Brian gave her a bit of a questioning look, then looked down to where she was staring. He had forgotten to put a shirt on! Well, at least he hadn't forgotten the rest. "Oh, um, yeah...it seems I did..." Brian responded, his eyes looking away, feeling a bit awkward. "Well, uh, why don't you unpack wile I, um, fix that." He said to her, turning around quickly to go back to his room.

"Unless you normally walk around without your shirt?" She asked as he headed off. She pulled her suitcases in, then shutting the door. Kimberly pulled her suitcases in and then slowly got them up the stairs. They were heavy! If she was staying a year, she needed a lot of clothes and shoes. Makeup and such. It was all neatly packed. "Was there a wardrobe in there or not?" She called to him.

"Well, um, actually, yeah I do. But I don't want to make it awkward around you. You live here now, too. I can't just act like I'm living alone." Brian said, still a little awkwardly, as he came back down stairs with a white t-shirt on and new grey pants. "And there's a closet and dresser in your room, if that works. Need help with those?" Brian told her, looking down at Kimberly.

Back
Top Bottom