Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The furry roommate? (Charliesweb7 & Mercenary)

charliesweb7

Supernova
"Where to Miss?" The taxi driver asked her. The young woman pulled a piece of paper out of her purse, unfolding it. "1798 Ross Avenue please." She told him, her accent clear as day. It was obvious that she was not from there. The way her accent slipped over her tongue so easily. "Certainly Miss." The driver added with a nod. The young woman smile, watching as the taxi pulled away from the lobby of the hotel. She was staying there until she could find a place to live. She had already been to about 10 places. Some of the apartments for rent were not in the best areas. Or the roommates were filthy. Yes, she had seen a home with trash everywhere. And they had said they had "cleaned up" for her? Right. She didn't want to see the house before then. She didn't care if she lived with a male or female. As long as the male was her age. She didn't want to live with a guy who was older than her father. The ad had said he was a male college student looking for a roommate to share the small house near campus. Close enough for her to walk even! That was great. She didn't want to deal with a car. After all, she had only been driving for a year and these people drove on the other side of the road! She hoped this guy was nice. Would they get along?

Kimberly Kensington Chance was obviously not from Texas. That much was given from her accent. Instead, she was from London. She ended up moving to Bristol when she was about fourteen or so. She currently went to University of Bristol. She was unsure what she wanted to do. Something in the medical field possibly. A doctor. She still had some time to decide. This year abroad allowed her to explore her options. She was originally only going to stay a semester...but a year was enticing. Then she could explore more of the United States! She had been all over Europe and Asia. Even of Africa a few times. She had only been to the United States once to New York City. Her passport was certainly filled with lots of stamps in various shapes and sizes. That was fine though, meant she was such a world traveler.

Back home, she was an only child. As much as she had wanted a brother or sister...her mother was unable to have children. But...she couldn't complain. Her parents spoiled her! Sometimes it did get to her head though. She would think selfishly. And she didn't like to share a bit. So she had flaws like everyone else. Her parents were Skyping with her any chance they got. They were so worried and made sure that she had enough money and was eating well. You could be in another continent and your parents would worry so much. That was the point right?

Kimberly brushed back her auburn hair, shaking the curls loose over her shoulders. Kimberly would stand out in a crowd; kind of hard not to with her hair. Sometimes she hated being a redhead considering it was just such a bright color! Her skin was a smooth light beige color. She wasn't pale white but she also certainly did not have that perfectly tanned skin. Unless she put on that fake tanner stuff. Then she might look like one of those gypsies...if she dressed in such revealing clothes. Instead, she had chosen a pair of khaki shorts that hit her mid-thigh. On top she chose a simple black v-neck t-shirt. She wore a pair of gold ballet flats as well. It was just a simple outfit. Her stunning eyes took in the landscape of San Antonio. Texas was stunning. She had yet seen the campus as well. Kimberly had a rather nice body on her. A nice shapely rear, full breasts and curves in the right places. She was still rather thin though. Not very curvy but enough to give a decent shape. She really wouldn't complain. It could be worse.

"That'll be $13.76." He explained. Kimberly was shaken from her thoughts, opening her purse and fishing out some cash. "Here." She said with a smile as she handed over the cash. "Thank you!" She said, opening up the door and getting out. The place was nice. Just a small little home. She shut the car door, watching as he drove away. What was this guy like? She was very curious. She just hoped he was nice and not creepy! She headed towards the door, looking to her phone. Yes, right on time. 12:30. She found the doorbell, ringing it and taking a step back. Now...for the waiting game.

Brian F. Donnell was not the typical person. Not appearance-wise, anyway. He was an anthro, as his kind were called. An anthro wolf. Brian wasn't from around Texas either, but the place fitted him mostly. He was from a farm up in the midwest, in Iowa. Brian was far from an only child, having six brothers and a sister. But he was the oldest of them. His parents had a hard time, his father being a human and his mother being the degrading term known as a 'furry'. But it wasn't the worst she had been called.

Anyway, the family was lucky enough that the dad was human, so he could at least get a job in the city. But it wasn't enough, especially with the rapid amount of kids their mother was having. So they started a farm. That way the kids could be put to work at a young age and make crops to pull some weight for the family. The farm was made to eat and to sell, but it was only enough to get by. However, soon enough, Brian had passed school, and desperately wanted to go to college, to make a difference and be able to support the family better. And his dream seemed possible when he found out about a place literally called Anthro University. It was a college that obviously accepted anthros such as himself.

So after enough begging, his mother finally gave him a good portion of money from the savings account to make it here and have some to spare. He had managed to get a scholarship for football as well. Of course, he didn't get to play with human schools, which was a dream of his since he was little, but he would take it. However, his part time job wasn't quite enough to keep paying the rent. That's why he put in an application for a roommate to help pay rent. And buy was Brian excited when he got a taker. He was actually expecting another anthro himself, considering the reply had added she was a new college student wanting a place near AU.

Normally Brian didn't wear a shirt and his muscles would easily show despite his grey fur coat, it being hot in Texas. In fact, he tended to be a borderline slob. But that all changed today, He had the possibility of getting the roommate he needed to stay here, and he wasn't going to lose it for being dirty. This was no longer just his living space. He had cleaned, vacuumed, washed out stains, spray fragrance, worn deodorant, and yes, even was wearing a white t-shirt that covered his tanish-grey underbelly. Though, being an anthro, it wasn't really an underbelly, more like a front. But now he was ready for this new roommate to come.

Which, as if right on time, the doorbell rang. Brian quickly mentally prepared himself before putting on a smile and walking over to the door. With one last moment to think everything through, and about what was riding on getting this woman to agree to stay with him, he reached for the knob with his pawed-hand. Brian twisted it and opened the door finally, looking down at Kimberly with his brown eyes. Brian was honestly surprised to see a human, but tried not to show it. "Um, hey there." he managed to say, trying not to be awkward.

When the door opened, she smiled. Of course, that was quickly replaced with shock. What the...frick was standing in front of her? Her eyes went a little more wide when it spoke. Kimberly looked around, then back to him. "Am...I dreaming?" She asked him, her accent ringing clear. Surely she must. This...thing looked like a wolf. On two legs...but it spoke. Should she pinch herself? "Are you looking for a roommate?" She asked, her eyes scanning his body. This was all so strange. She didn't know what to do. To run...or to stand her ground. Honestly, she was a little petrified and could not move. "Did I perhaps get the wrong address?" She asked out loud. Kimberly stood there, waiting for an answer. Each second seemed like hours. Surely she was dreaming. Why would there be some wolf thing in real life?

Brian felt slight anger at her response, but quickly held it back. It completely subsided though, when he realized what she was saying wasn't out of spite, but out of surprise. It was obvious that she knew little to nothing about anthros, and Brian felt like grabbing her by the shoulders and shaking her out of her stupor. But he thought against it. "I, uh, think you have the right address. 1798 Ross Avenue, right? I'm the only one looking for a roommate here to my knowledge. You're the student looking for a place near Anthro University, right? I'm a little surprised a human came here. I know it accepts huamans, but AU is well, mainly an anthro college. Is something wrong?" Brian said to her, trying to pretend like not much was out of the ordinary.

Yes, the address was right. She nodded her head when he said about a place near there University. Honestly? She thought Anthro University was short for Anthropology University. Not like the website had pictures of them...well there was one but that looked like the mascot! When he mentioned her being a human, as if that was weird, she gave him a look. Humans were the weird ones? Yeah right. "What is an anthro?" She asked him, obviously confused. There was so anthros where she was. Or was there? "Are you like a werewolf?" She asked. She was not trying to offend him. Just curiously asking. Not like every day you ran into an anthro. He looked like a wolf who could talk. Not that she would say that. Was that offensive? Oh geez. Now Kimberly had another faux pas on her hands. At least they were paws...

Brian just sighed at what she was saying. To stop her from going farther and saying something to offensive, Brian spoke up and explained. "I'm an anthro. We're not werewolves, or just wolves. Anthros are basically a mix of animal and human. I'm a wolf-anthro, though there are many others. For example, fox-anthros, tiger-anthros, even gecko-anthros. But anyway, just call me Brian." He told her, glancing over.Brian had really noticed before, but for a human, she was quite the looker. He decided he wanted to try and get her as his roommate,because who knew when another one would come along. If another one would come along. Brian needed the money, and fast. He turned sideways, giving her access to the room, hoping she still wanted to see it, to give him a chance.

"There is others?" She asked. Okay she probably sounded stupid. But seriously! It was like discovering... a new color. Like would you just stare at that for a while? Something like that. As he moved aside, she hesitated. She then lightly stepped into the small hallway. it was a small little two story, two bedroom. Apparently the bedrooms were upstairs and shared a bathroom. "Oh..I am sorry. I am Kimberly." She said, extending her hand. How did that work though? He had a paw...her a hand... "Nice to meet you Brain." She said. She honestly didn't know why she was still in there. Wasn't this a plot to a horror movie or something like that? Girl goes into the wolf's home and never comes out? Yeah, something like that.

"Of course there are others." Brian replied, rolling his eyes. That comment he couldn't hold off on being annoyed at. He watched her as she looked around, not helping but to stare at her 'better' features. He heard her introduce herself to him, extending her hand. He took her hand in his own, shaking it. Brian's hand was like a normal one, with thumb and fingers. But the inside of his fingers and palms were padded, the back being furred like the rest of his body. And he had claws instead of fingernails. "Nice to meet you too, Kimberly. I hope everything's in order for you, and it's good enough you'll consider moving in. I'll be honest, I need a partner to help pay the rent." Brian said to her, trying not to sound too desperate.

"Well I meant like other animals. Like...gecko you said or tigers..." She explained. She was just trying to picture it in her mind. And she really couldn't honestly. Already seeing him was so strange. Kimberly wouldn't let her parents know about him. After all, they would flip out as well. When he shook her hand, she could feel that his hand was so much bigger. And furry....and padded. Kimberly held her purse a bit as she looked around. "I really do need a place to stay. So could you tell me about the rent and the place?" She asked him. She wanted to see what the rent was and what was included. Plus, she wanted him to explain everything. Did she have her own bathroom?

"Well, the rent is pretty reasonable. I'm about to fall behind though come this next payment. But it should easily be manageable for two people. The house is in good shape. There aren't any infestations or mold problems or anything like that. It's a clean place, too. I try not to be a complete slob. Especially if you decide to stay. There are two bedrooms, on for each of us, but only ones bathroom. Those are upstairs, down here there's a kitchen with dining room, and this front room. Nothing but couches in here. And the TV room is back to the left of the kitchen. Of course, it has the TV, and some couches. And that's it. So, what do you think?" Brian said to her after explaining the house. He hoped she would take the offer, badly.

So he was really desperate. That was not exactly what she wanted to hear. That he couldn't make the payments. She followed him, then walking around a bit. It looked nice. It wasn't big but it didn't need to be. There was a lot of space. She looked to the kitchen, seeing a fairly nice kitchen. Then she went upstairs, looking at what her room would be after he told her. The bathroom was not very big but that was alright. "I really do need a place to stay..." She explained to him. "I am guessing you do not have an extra bed perhaps?" She asked him. That was going to be a lot of money as well.. a bed and a dresser. Hopefully he had a spare one!

"Yes I do, actually. It should be in your room. And I'm good company, or so I'm told. I can show you around campus, and maybe protect you from the other classmates. Not all of them are really fond of humans. So, what do you say?" Brian asked Kimberly hopefully, looking at her. After a moment, he even resorted to puppy eyes, his face looking surprisingly cute, though it was mostly jokingly. He even added in a little whimper.

Oh he had an extra bed! That was great. He then said about protecting her. Oh boy...did she end up going to the wrong college? Would everyone hate her? Kimberly looked back, seeing how he pouted. Oh god, it was so cute! How could she say no? She couldn't! "This is the best house I have seen. I am to look at one more and then I will let you know." She told him. "How much upfront would I need to pay?" She asked him. Kimberly just wanted to see this other place. It was just a few blocks from here.

Brian sighed. Well, at least he had a chance. "I honestly don't care, just make it reasonable. Can I trust you enough to do that?" Brian told her. He stopped his pouty face to talk, though he thought it had worked on her enough. He hoped she would stay here. Honestly, there weren't that many people at Anthro University that hated humans. Most of them were either on the football team, or their snooty girlfriends on the cheer squad. Of course, not all of them were like that, Brian being included.

He was avoiding the question. "Well, should I be paying half of the bills? Do you need first and last months rent? Will I sign a contract?" She asked him. She just wanted to know everything upfront! "I just would like for you to give me a number. On the post it said five hundred for everything included. So should I pay one thousand?" She asked him. Kimberly didn't want there to be arguments over her not paying enough. That was a bad thing to start with. Arguing with her new roommate.

"Honestly, I just want you to pay half of the bills for rest, what ever number that happens to be. I could use just one months rent deposit at least,for backup just in case. The post said five hundred dollars, so five hundred it is. I would sign a contract with you, but It wouldn't be for me. I wouldn't take you to court or anything. The judges are typically biased for humans from what I've seen anyways. Will that do for you?" Brian asked. This wasn't good for his chances. He had to try and get an agreement she liked without arguing too much!

So basically her rent varied from month to month. That sucked. He could sit there and say her rent was eight hundred one month just to get more money! "So your bills are not steady?" She asked him gently. She wasn't trying to argue, just looking for a good deal. "Well I don't mind signing a contract." She said. Had he never had a roommate before? He seemed like he didn't know what to do honestly. "Yes, I still have to see that other place a few blocks away but I do like this a lot." She said. Would she want to live with an anthro though?

Brian was starting to get nervous, so he decided to spill the beans. "Look, in all honesty, I've never had experience with a roommate. I don't know much about this, and I don't know exactly what's a fair price on everything. I though splitting the pay for the rent would be fair, but I'd honestly like to talk about it with you so that it works out for both of us." Brian told her, sighing. He hoped she would be okay with that. "I don't smoke, I don't drink, I don't have parties here...Is there anything else you would like to know?" He asked her, hoping she really did like it here.

Yeah, she could tell. He seemed like he didn't know what to say. She checked her phone, then looking to him. "I have the appointment in 15 minutes. But I will come back right after okay?" She said. She smiled before leaving again. "I will see you soon Brian. And she did leave. But like she said, she was back in about 30 minutes or so. She knocked on the door again, letting out a sigh. The other house was tiny and they wanted more than what Brian was offering. They could talk over something now. She would just need to go to the bank and get out money.

"Alright. I look forward to seeing you then..." Brian said, watching her as she left. As soon as he was gone, Brian immediatly began reprimanding himself. "Stupid! You were so close, and you blew it!" He growled at himself, barely stopping himself from punching a hole in the wall. This went on fit another twenty minutes before he finally managed to calm down and compose himself. He sighed, mentally going over what he would do when she came back. He would be calm, and negotiate a fair price with her, and hopefully everything would work out. Then he heard the door bell. He walked over, opening the door to see her. "Uh, hey. How'd it go?" Brian asked, secretly hoping it wasn't well.

Kimberly smiled once he answered the door. "Well, the place was small and the rent was much higher...so if you are looking for a roommate I would very much enjoy rooming with you for the year." She explained with a smile. "Can we go over and contract and such inside?" She asked him. This would be nice. She would just avoid telling her parents who she was rooming with. They didn't need to see his face right? Once he allowed her in, they headed back towards the kitchen table to sit down and talk.

"Really? Alright, let's go over it inside then!" Brian said, smiling, showing some of his white canines. He did a little happy dance with a fust pump as soon as her back was to him and he was out of her sight. Brian closed the door behind her and followed her to the kitchen. "So, what do you want to start out talking about?" He asked her, hoping everything would work out.

Kimberly did not see his little happy dance behind her. She would have laughed if she had honestly. When he spoke, she smiled. "Just a few things." She explained to him. "So are the bills on this place relatively the same every single month?" She asked him, taking a seat at the small table. There was a few more questions she would ask him. After all, she needed to know what was going on and all.

Brian smiled back at her, mostly because he thought he could give answer she would hopefully like. "Yes, they do. and I think its a fair price. The most it has changed at a time as far as I can remember is about ten bucks. What else do you need to know?" Brian said to her. He hoped he could give satisfying answers for those as well...

"Alright." She explained to him. "Then if they are relatively the same, then it would make sense that I should pay the same every month..." She said. She didn't want to accuse him... but she didn't know if he would keep changing the price every month. Kimberly then looked up to him. "Is internet, utilities and cable included or is that a separate fee?" She asked him. He probably didn't want to go over this but she had a lot of questions. Was she the first to answer the ad?

Back
Top Bottom