Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Jugger x Solita

Ophelia deflated a bit as Nathan seemed to go back on what he'd previously said about her being right, about to interject and continue insisting that he take the bed until the end of time, when he suggested they might simply share it. Her eyes widening slightly, a bright blush quickly filled her cheeks, as she was entirely caught off guard by the suggestion.

"I-I... t-together? W-with you? On the same..." She stuttered, suddenly having a bit of trouble forming complete sentences as the majority of the words she could be using embarrassed her even further just to think about. Looking down at her lap, she clasped her hands together a bit nervously. "Um... I suppose that... m-makes a certain amount of sense..." She admitted, hesitating a moment before looking back up at Nathan. "But... w-would that really... be okay...?"

He saw her reaction to it and frowned a bit. "I don't see why it wouldn't be okay. Its just us sleeping. Its not like I'm going to molest you or something in the bed." He rubbed the back of his head. "I never thought I'd give my AI the ability to feel embarrassment over something like this...but it does make you seem more human. And kind of cute." He teased. "So are you alright with it? I was the one who made the offer so you know I'm alright with it."

"Ah, n-no! I know you would never do something like that, I-I was just... I-I've just never..." Ophelia continued to stutter, blushing even brighter after Nathan had called her cute. Pausing for a moment, she looked down at her knees, trying to keep her imagination from running too wild. "Um... y-yes, I'd be perfectly alright with that, o-of course!" She said, turning to look at Nathan again. "I'm sorry for my reaction.. you just... c-caught me off guard, a little bit..." She said, offering a sheepish smile.

He laughed lightly at her reaction. "Off guard huh? Its a funny thing to see you like this. You were so serious all of a sudden earlier ago and now you're acting like you don't know what you're doing and are shy." He smiled and walked over, patting her head. "Look you don't have to be so embarrassed around me alright? Just be yourself...its how I would've programmed you to be. However you wanted to be!" He smiled and walked over to the nearby couch and sat on it, sighing in relief after a long day's work ever since he left the hotel earlier that day.

Ophelia's blush persisted as Nathan commented on her sudden change in behavior, but she smiled slightly up at him again as he told her there was no need to be shy around him. "A-alright Nathan, I know..." She said, though she still knew she would be incredibly embarrassed when the time came to go to sleep. "And... th-thank you... out of everyone in the world... I'm glad you're the one who created me." She said, her smile brightening considerably at his comment about his programming her to be free.

"Thats good to hear." He said with a smile as he patted her head once more. "I'm glad to be able to know that I'll create such a wonderful person like you." He stood up and walked over to the kitchen, where he began to rummage around through the fridge. After a few moments, he pulled out a small take-out menu. "Gah...why did I leave this in here? Oh yeah...cause I've got no food in this fridge..." He laughed lightly. "Hey Ophelia...do you require food to operate or do you just run off of a battery?"

Ophelia's cheeks remained red as Nathan gave her head a few more light pats, but she was still smiling as well at what he said afterward. As he walked over and began to rummage through the fridge, she watched him curiously, her expression turning confused as he pulled out what looked like a menu. She perked up a bit when he addressed her, asking about her power source.

"Well... we can eat food if we want to, and we can even taste it!" She said, seeming quite happy to report that. "But we don't derive any actual energy from it or anything. As simple as it sounds, we really do just run off electricity from a battery. A very advanced battery, mind you, but a battery nonetheless. We even have little kinetic generators in our joints to help recoup some of the lost energy. But that doesn't last forever, so we have to visit special clinics once or twice a year for a full recharge. Kind of like a doctor's visit!" She said with a small smile.

"Uh...Ophelia...Doesn't that pose a problem?" He murmured. "Did you come here with some sort of generator to charge from...!? How long do you expect to stay here? If you say you have to visit a recharging station twice a year...well...Who knows how long you'll be here in this world? In this time I mean...What if you're running low on battery power and have nowhere to charge because we don't have that technology for another decade...!" He bit his lip. "I hope your technician friend from the future has thought of something if you were somehow forced to stay here for more than a few months..."

Ophelia's brow furrowed slightly as Nathan posed her method of power as a potential problem, seeming to be pensive for a few moments before her expression suddenly morphed into a reassuring smile. "You don't have to worry about power, Nathan. I've got a good two months left before I need another recharge! And like I said before, it's virtually impossible that this situation will last that long. Almost every government of the world would be concerned with something that could porentially disrupt the normal timeline. Even if they'll have to handle the situation delicately, there's no way they'll let it go on for that long." She said, looking thoughtful for another few seconds. "And even if it did somehow go unresolved for that long, I'm sure Devin could rig something up. He's a pretty smart cookie." She said with another small smile. "We have nothing to worry about on that front, I promise."

"Two months..." He murmured as he listened to her explain herself. "Alright so I would possibly only have to worry about death for two months...Not sure how reassuring that is." He shrugged and looked out the window to see the sky had darkened somewhat since they had arrived. "Its getting late...Perhaps you want to see where I keep the actual lab at?" He walked over to a corner of his carpeting and pulled it away, revealing a trap door that led underground. "Its down here." He tugged on the handle to open it, and immediately light would turn on from within as Nathan descended down a short ladder to the lab below the safehouse.

Back
Top Bottom