Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Nobles and Commoners (Zellsantal and SliverDreamer)

Kali had not seen the note, nor did she truly know Nova or Lin any where near enough to know whether they were simply sparring but it certainly did not appear to be the case. She took to what she knew she could do well and blended in with her surroundings. It helped that the surroundings were currently rather chaotic and that the crowd was still trying to find places enough to hide. She followed Nova without while keeping out of sight at the same time. She paused for only a moment as he walked in the door which she assumed would lock behind him by magic or other means and made her way around the back of the building. She knew the square like the back of her hand and scrambled up the wall , finding small nooks and crannies to use as grips until she reached the roof. A window long since gone still stood though it appeared to have gained a guard. Kali put a smile to her lips and a seductive (at least she hoped so) sway to her hips as she approached the guard she gave him a drunken beckoning look. He looked young perhaps younger than Kali herself and approached with a grin seeming so sure that he was able to handle her. Yet as he neared she pulled loose a bag full of what many thought to be coins but was small but heavy rocks and swung the stocking with a grunt. The bag hit with a satisfying sounding crunch as the guard fell. Kali quickly removed his weapons and bound his feet and wrists together with a fine silk scarf she kept for a variety of purposes. Satisfied at least he was not going any where any time soon she crawled in through the window and silently scooted until she felt a wooden beam beneath her feet. Her gaze settled on the female she did not recognize but from what she could tell she and Nova had at least had a brief but intimate relationship that had certainly soured.

Carefully and surprisingly silently she worked her way along the beams as she tried to work her way down to the ground level.

---------
Lin had not abandoned Nova but she also knew sometimes even body guards were useless against the whims and emotions of those they were meant to protect. At first she ignored Nickalie as she made her way around the building to find any vulnerable access points. That was until she heard what Nick had already and had quickly realized. If she had seen this commoner Kali that Nova had spoken of perhaps she would of realized the predicament they were in but for now Kali was simply a commoner who had gone off in a huff. Lin snapped around to glare at Nick but realized it would be pointless to try and suggest he had misunderstood or guessed wrong. Instead she reached out and gripped Nick by his collar and without a moments hesitation attempted to push him over one of her legs until he toppled backwards to the ground. If she was successful she would settle over him. Her strange hued eyes bright with anger and concern all at the same time as she leaned in close to whisper in his ear. "I am not going to bother pretending you are wrong. I had forewarned Nova that this was one of his more absurd ideas. Now, you see, that little vixen that delivered such a friendly note with the arrow is Nova's lover. A cruel mistress of magic and one of his greatest weaknesses. He adored her and would forgive her anything and everything...they have been apart three years and now she has appeared just as the Shadow Mal have decided to rear their heads is no coincidence for me one bit. Now I am going to need your help in rescuing Nova from her and most likely himself if she gets her tentacles around him again."

Nickalie blinked as he was suddenly pushed to the floor and her on top of him, however her eyes is what got his attention now. He listen to what she said and now know that his guess was right that Nova is in fact Princes Kaless, he thought it was funny that the princes and his princess share something in common. However when he heard about some vixen lover of Nova's, that might not settle with Kali too much but then again he doesn't know the full story. At the same time it seems she needs his help to get Nova out of a tight spot, however Nick wasn't liking how she was treating him at the moment. He was about to same something until he notice someone on the roof with a bow and pointing an arriow right at Lin's back. Right way last a spell and a ball of energy quickly shot from one hand and hit the figure. The hit make him loose balance and fall straight to the ground.

After that he quickly get a hold of Lin's coller and have his head against her own with his eyes looking right at her with his own anger "first of all your welcome and second if you want my help then you better ask in a more respectful way! I'm not an ass by all means but even you should realize that frocing some one to help you wont work so well, it wount work with me that I will say now!" He said as he gave her the same treament as she did. She might be a strong warrior but he is just as strong in other ways.
-----

Nova chanted a few words and suddenly the chains were willed with lighting energy and shocking the Shadow Mul memebers enough that they let go of the chains. That moment he was free but suddenly his heck was held by a hand and rose him off the floor, it was Rose who have a hold of him "just give in, our masters will rule this world one way or another" she said. "Like hell I will!" he yelled and swing his food at her head which hit hard but not hard enough to let go of her grip. With rage Rose throws Nova right at the bar "You might be the princes and heir to Rasa but one way or another our masters will have you."

Lin had noticed for a moment his attention was completely on her before suddenly it drifted or more averted just behind her head. While she kept hold of his collar still she looked over her shoulder only just in time to see the strange bolt of energy leave his hand and followed it's path before her eyes were greeted with the sight of a Shadow Mal soldier falling to the ground. He had released the arrow when he had been struck but it practically floated to the ground, even landing after the being had already struck the ground. The square had only just settled into dull chaos before it awoke again. She could hear people screaming, the sound of doors slamming and windows being shut before she felt someone's hand grip her own collar and felt her head be twisted. For a moment her body grew tense, prepared to retaliate until she found Nick's gaze meeting her own head on. His words meant in some regard quite little to her but his voice, the tone of it for a moment caused a flicker of unexpected emotion and one she did not quite recognize. For a moment she growled low before she slowly and gently released his collar and even smoothed it down. Yet she did not rise to her feet with his hand still gripping her collar. She took a moment to take a deep breath. "You need to keep what you know to yourself, everything. " She spoke calmly but authoritatively but that appeared to almost be a struggle to be so seemingly calm. She was used to giving orders, used to them being followed without question or reprisal. "Now if you would still be willing, please help me save Nova from that wrench."

---------------
Kali watched seemingly unseen as the chains that lead up to Nova suddenly started to flash and flicker as if lightning had been cast along the metal chains and links. For now everyone's eyes seemed to be on the female below and Nova. Kali kept to the shadows none the less even when the chains were released and the guards stumbled. She had just managed to make her way to the ground floor and with one of the guards already unsteady and slow she slid her knife through his back, at the base of the spine and twisted the blade. She heard a faint grunt before he fell uselessly to the floor as Kali took back to the shadows that seemed to unnaturally fill the room. She heard the unfamiliar woman speak to Nova while he was lifted up from behind. She thought she could see his legs kicking the air and assumed she was attempting to strangle him. On instinct she almost watched herself bolt across the room as she found herself flying in the direction of the womans back. She lifted up the still bloodied blade and brought it along the shoulder of the arm that she held Nova by, not to kill her but to get her to release her grip on Nova.

Nick was greatful that Lin have a change of tune after he show he can be just as much of a hard ass then she and wouldn't back down. He could have done many things if she decided to act like she was the boss of him, a few spells that would have gotten him away from here and leaving her to deal with the problems herself. However he had a feeling Kali was already in the middle of this mass. "It's what I was going to doing to do in the first place and I still plan to keep it that way. Nova is a good man that much I can tell and would hate to burn his trust because of who he really is. Besides I know some one else who does the same thing hes doing but maybe longer then he have. And yes I will help you." he said as he slide from under her and gets back up on his feet. It was then he heard a loud roar which made the young mage look at Lin a bit then quickly turn to the wall of the building. With a wave his hand and chanted words and door way opens up on the side fo the door "we better get in there fast, would hate to have our freinds have all the fun." Nickalie said and waits for her to go in first.
--------------

Nova was still a bit dizzy from hiting back first to the bar and then being picked up by the next. Rose wasn't trying to kill him but trying to knock him out, however hes making it very hard to take him alive. Before he could do any counter attack Rose roared in pain, the sound it self was that of a demon and not the Dragonborn. With that he was quickly droped to the floor. Once he could see clearer he couldn't believe what he saw, Kali on Rose's back. Rose's tail quickly wrap around kali and trys to yank the human woman off her and to be tossed away. Rose's body started to change some and grow as well, it seems she is turning into a full demon to handle all of them at once.

Kali realized she must of miscalculated her attack as her blade seems to skim over the surface of the womans form and she some how ens up attached to the womans back, her hands curl into what fabric she can find as she feels the body shake as a loud roar sounds from the materials. She feels something wrap and coil around her waist before she is thrown across the room. Her body hits a stack of boxes and causes many of them to tumble as she strikes the ground and feels her breath be slammed out of her body from the impact. A small wave of dizziness strikes her as she watches the female turn into something demonic. After a moment she finally pushes herself to her feet and picks up the weapon one of the guards had dropped in their fall.

----------------
Lin relaxes slightly as she feels Nick release his grip on her collar and she quickly rises to her feet as he starts to speak. She is not given a chance to react as she to hears the female demonic roar from within the ware house and can only watch as Nick manages to open up a strange door way between the outside and what she hopes to be the inside of the ware house. As he gestures for her to go first she nods her head gently before she walks passed him just in time to see the commoner female rise a little shakily to her feet. Her gaze settled on Nova and then the back of the alternating form of Rose. A knowing smile twitches at her lip before she closes her eyes and relaxes as if about to go to sleep as her form starts to shirt. She grows a foot taller and several inches broader as her skin turns to coppery scales that glint in the light. Her nails turn into thick sharp claws as two teeth with sharp ends protrude against her bottom lip.

With a low growl of her own she jumps at the demons back and attempts to tussle her to the ground while her sights seemed to be on the commoner female.

"Kali!" Nova called out as he watch her being thrown to by Rose's tail, on the corner of hsi eye he saw one of the guards he knocked out from his attack. He sees a sword laying next to Shadow Mul, he didn't like the idea if useing it but it would be better then to watch his friend get killed. He quickly picks it up and start to rush over at Rose but so his surpise Lin came out of no were and got on top of Rose from behind. He knew better then to get in the middle of that, at lest for right now. Out of the shadows five mroe Shadow Mul dragonborn came out and coming to attack Nova. However suddenly they were stoped as if held by some strong force "You better make it quick, I can't hold them forever you know." Nick's could be heard not far from were he was at. All his freinds are hear helping him and he didn't ask for their help but at the same time he is greatful for it.

Without another thought he quickly use his new sword and deliver the finshing blows to all five of the Shadow Mul memebers as he headed over to Kali to see how she was doing. Meanwhile Rose gave a growl as she notice who it was that was on top of her "your a fool to be here, but now I will enjoy killing you!" She said as the tip of her tail became a stinger and quickly her tail aim to just hit Lin's body. The stinger have a very strong demon poison, once hit with this it would first weaken the body to the point that it can't move from the spot it been hit and slowly start eating way the insides of the body but also feel it burn within her body like hot iron against her skin.

Lin continued to change though it was not the same changes that Rose was going through. Her form was taking a more draconic nature, her neck lengthened as she continued to grow and a slight snout developed as her teeth lengthened and turned as sharp as razors. She heard Rose's out cry but did not return the comment. She managed to avoid the swipe of the dangerous tail but only by inches but she could hear it snap through the air as if Rose had a whip in her hands. Now she realized perhaps why the Shadow Mal were rising. Perhaps Rose had been their first attempt at taking the thrown. Had she ever got with child that child would of taken the throne. It was now more important than ever that he was wed and joined the two kingdoms. She had never been in a rush to see Nova wed. He was her best friend, the one she had devoted her life to protect and while there was no love as a couple would have she did love him. If that meant him wed and filling the Princesses stomach with his child then so be it. She snagged her teeth against Rose's neck, digging her teeth in just enough to draw blood but not enough to bring the potent liquid against her own form. With a louder growl she started to twist her form as she attempted to make Rose buckle beneath her form.

Kali felt the waves of dizziness ease as Nova cried out her name. She heard Nick's voice and then heard the sword of a sword swinging through the air and the sound of what she thought was five heavy bodies hitting the ground. She only truly could focus as Rose attempted to strike her tail against Lin a second time. On gut reaction she gripped her sword and once more dove into the fray. This time her sword came up and she struck it against the base of Rose's tail, she felt the blade cut through it and loosen but it was seconds too late as she heard Lin send out a scream of pain before her own form was thrown to the side as Rose let out her own scream and all her rage seemed directed at Kali once more in an instance.

Nova was done with the Shadow Mul that Nickalie held with his magic, only to hear Lin's cry in pain did he turn to look what was going on. He didn't know what Rose did but all he knew she was now about to attack Kali. He ran as fast as he could, he did hope that Lin was alright however he didn't want to end up losing Kali to this monster. Before Rose could make her attack Nova came in front of her and just as he did he thrust the blade towards her, to his surprise he hit the heart area. It must have hit it's mark for Rose stoped in her advanced with a gasp.

The demon body stoped moving and all the mean while it seems Nova held it back by the blade itself, however it was because Rose's body slowly turning to ash. The demon part of her face was gone leaving what was once her Dragonborn self, her eyes looked at them and to Nova's surprise she gave a gental smile that he never seen before from Rose her self. "Thank... you.." was all she said before the rest of her turn to ash. Nova wasn't sure what just happen there, as if some part of the real Rose was still in that demon shell but he couldn't think about that right now. He turned to see if Kali was alright but seeing Lin's wound from were he was at made him worryed more "LIn!". The young Dragonborn quickly went to his freind's side, right away the poison would be taking effect and in a few mimutes she would be dead unless have a healer of some sort.

Nova turned to Nickalie who's now moving towards them "I know your a mage but I know there is some that could use magic to heal, please tell me that your one of them!" Nova said and waited for a reply from Nick. "I can only heal myself I'm afraid." Nick said that as he felt bad about not being that type of mage but something else poped in his mind "But I think there is another way, just make sure your out of the way. You too Kali, I don't want in the middle of it if my plan back fires. If that happens your father would kill me, unless does it first." he said as he came up to Lin. He looked at the wound it was bad, a nice hole and greenish stuff seeping out of it along with blood. With a deep breath Nick place his hand on her wound and begin to chant. Rose would feel the wound healing and the posion in her seem to be pulling out of her, once Neck pulled his hand away her wound was gone.

Nova watch as he seen the wound was gone and was greatful "Nick you said you couldn't..." he was saying as he turned to look at the young mage but was shocked to what he seen. The wound that Rose had was in the same spot on Nick's body, he then understood what Nick meant. Quickly Nick place his hands together and start chanting again, Nova could tell the poison was working though the young mage as he chanted his spell on himself. Nick was sweating, deep breathing and could tell he was in pain but seems out of pure will he was keeping his mind on the spell. Steam was now covering his body and the wound he have was closeing on its own. Within a few minutes Nick was done and it seems the wound and the poison were now gone.

Lin did not feel the impact as she hit the floor after being thrown off by Rose. The pain of the stinger from her tail was already filling her up with enough pain that nothing else seemed to register. She heard a loud scream followed by another before she thought she heard Rose whisper something so soft it was barely audible. Her draconic form had already started to shift back into her more human nature as she lowered one hand to her side to find the stinger and removed the sharp pointed pointed object. With a yank and a hiss of air she pulled it free but her body felt as if someone had set it on fire. A low growl sounded from her throat as she heard talking though it seemed far away even though she looked at Nova as he appeared by her side. She gave him what she hoped to be a smile that said she was fine but it was more a grimace , she saw him disappear from view and the strange mage seemed crouched besides her. She started to squirm away as she felt his hand settle over the wound and triggered a worse set of pain. She gritted her teeth and for a moment tried to stop him , she knew he was no healer. Yet suddenly the pain disappeared, as if it had been sucked out of her form and the wound seemed to close. Her eyes opened weakly as she noticed Nick rise up with the exact same wound in the exact same place as it had been upon her.

She could see Nova and Kali stood besides each other and even though she was not on her top form she noticed what Nick had been talking about earlier. The Princess was the commoner. The violet gaze told her everything she needed to know in that moment. She wondered why Nova could not see the obvious before him but perhaps he was simply blinded to it. Very slowly she rolled herself onto her front and pushed herself to her feet. She was not going to inform Nova of what she now knew. It would have to come from the Princess when she was ready or perhaps if Nova was ever ready to reveal the truth to her. She knew neither of them could pretend forever. At some point responsibilities to their kingdoms would mean the charade would have to cease but not yet.

Kali looked almost sorrowful at the possibility she had been the cause of Lin's wound, up until the point Rose had turned her full attention on her. Just as she was about to lift up her blade once more Nova stepped between the pair and the fight was over before it had truly began. For a moment she saw Rose's human face, a smile and heard the soft words but before she could truly digest or react to that Nova was besides Lin and Nick followed. Kali had no ability of her own that could aid any of them except to let Nick follow his instinct and let him do what the spirits had granted him. She stood besides Nova and reached down to grip his hand but would release it if he indicated such until she watched the wound disappear from Nick's form as easily as it had Lins. Within an instant she caught him up in a tight embrace after she let the blade drop to the ground uselessly. "Thank you Nick." She whispered faintly in his ear before she delivered an innocent kiss to his cheek. "Let us aim for a calm day tomorrow shall we?" She joked quietly as she let go of Nick and turned her gaze to the rising Lin. "I am sorry if my interruption in your fight is what caused you to get hurt."

Lin shook her head slightly at the Princess. "No, in truth it may have just saved my life, had she struck where I think she was aiming for she may have caught my heart or temple."Lin knew had Rose managed to hit either target she would of been gone within moments. Her gaze then settled on Nick as she approached him almost cautiously before she tapped him on the back and simply gave him a nod of thanks.

Nova was greatful, none of his freinds gotten killed. More so Lin his best freind, if she died he didn't think he could live with himself for the rest of his life. He felt a hand slip into his own, he turn his hid a bit to notice it was Kali's. He didn't push her hand away for it did help him clam him some but still felt uneasy. Not only for the fact that Lin got hit by some demon stinger with an odd poison but also the fact of Rose's last words, the way she said it wasn't the Rose he knew nore fought for that matter. He though he was, for all he knew the Shadow Mul clan give themselfs to demons but after what he seen... he felt there is something else going on and he had to find out what. With all that just happen he felt like screaming but the feel of Kali's hand some how help keep him from doing just that.

Nova watch and was surprized again by this human mage, he only heard of few humans who would use there mage in such away, very risky which he never seen done before. No he wasn't a full magic user like Nickalie but still even Nova though to use spells in that way. That and the very act itself is rare for humans to do, Nick and Lin have only just met and yet the human risk his own life to save one that is not his race. Nick couldn't help but give a weak chcukle to Kali joke "Heh, we have to see about that. In any case one of you are going to have to help me out. That took all I had and I can hardly move right now." he said before he looked at Lin and gave her a wink and a smile at her with her nodd.

"Shes right Kali, you did what you could and... " he was saying before leting go of her hand and look over at Nick "I'm glade Nickalie was here to help as well, you did more then any mage would have done. If not for you holding those other Shadow Mul we would have been over runned, on top of that saving Lin's life. That long I am greatful, and I will find a way to replay you for it as well." Nova then turned to Kali once more "how much ... did you hear, before ... you came to my aid?" he asked her.

Lin watched quietly as Nick, Kali and Nova exchanged what she termed as pleasantries. Genuine pleasantries but none the less the same. She looked to Nova as he asked his question , she had seen the holding of hands and perhaps even seen or at least sensed the fact that Kali's simple gesture had kept him calm. She was uncertain if Nova was nervous about what Kali had seen, realized or understood but at the moment like Nick she felt little energy in standing. She felt hungry and thirsty and perhaps if the pair were left alone they could simply reveal the truth to each other and they could stop this game they were unknowingly playing with each other. Lin moved besides Nick and slid her arm along his shoulder to take his weight. "I think it is for the best if I find you a place to rest, eat, drink and recover. I'll look after you." She was too independent to admit it was the least she could do for him after he had saved her life. She looked to Nova and Kali. " Let us know what you two discover once you explore what is left. I am sure you two can handle it together."I did not hear much." She admitted quietly,. "I was too busy trying not to be noticed." She claimed as her gaze turned to Nova. "Perhaps you should share what you know or suspect. Especially if so many lives are in danger and now it appears the Shadow Mal could be anyone."

Kali looked to Lin as she started to help Nick to some place safe. She knew that the building would be worth exploring if only to find any clues as to what was happening or what could go against her and those she cared for. She simply nodded her head to the pair.

"Oh you mean your going to carry me off to the sunset? Hmm normaly it's the men doing it then women." Nick joked to Lin as she helped him up. In truth he was more tired right now, a good nap would do him good but then his body would be wanting food and drink after all the magic he used today. He over did it that much he knew but it was worth it to save a life. Unlike earlier she seems to get along better him which is a good thing. He waited for them to get out of ear shot from the building and know they can talk a little without their nobles freinds hearing them. "So how about you give me the full story about Nova, was looking for a bride all a trick to get to the Shadow Mul or am I guessing wrong?" he asked her.

Nova watch as their freinds left the building leaving him and Kali alone, however he knew it was only a matter of time before the guard would show up so it was best to tell her things now before she thinks ill of him. "Rose was going to be my wife three years ago, however I found out she was only acting she loved me to get to the thrown. Before I realized it though I've.... done things that I wasn't prode of, all because I was caught in her charm magic. It made me push away all my freinds, even Lin. I even hit Lin with killing blow without realizing it but thankfuly I didn't use the full force of the attack but it did scar her and almost ended our freindship. I cam close to mateing with Rose which if that happen I would be froce to stay with her by honer and by Rasa law."

Lin chuckled faintly at Nick's words. "I think your magic has meddled with your mind. I have no intention of keeping you or running off into the sunset. My charge is too much trouble to leave alone for the long term." She indicated Nova with a gentle nod of her head before she helped Nick out of the ware house and to the inn where herself and Nova had been staying. She had booked a room for herself and decided for now Nick could rest there. She ordered a variety of food and drinks to be brought up before she carefully managed to get Nick up the stairs without causing further harm. It was only once he was settled upon the bed and the door was closed and locked did she finally answer his question. "No, Nova is genuinely looking for a bride and a wedding and children though he is not the one that is the force behind his sudden desires. His father wants him wed and wed yesterday if he had any choice. He believes Nova should get beyond Rose and secure the future of the kingdom. While Nova ...is not scared of his responsibilities he I think had hoped for a little more freedom in choosing his wife. Unfortunately even if Kali was truly a commoner the actions of the Shadow Mal I think would of prevented him taking her as a bride but Kali is far more than she appears also. I am surprised Nova has not seen it already but perhaps Commoner Kali appeals to that desire for freedom far more than Princess Kali does. Oddly I think he would be far happier if he knew he was in the process of selecting someone that seeks the same freedom as he."

---------------
Kali watched Nova as he answered honestly, perhaps a little too honest. To put a little distance between them she started to explore the ground floor for any weapons and clues to what could lay ahead from the Shadow Mal. "Lin reminds me of a stray dog." She bit her lip a moment at the realization it could be taken as an insult when it was a compliment. "I simply mean that she is loyal to those that she cares for even if they do not always treat her right and I am sure she can understand , she must do to protect you so much after what you have done to her." She started to walk back towards Nova as she spoke. "Then I am glad you did not mate with Rose but I am sorry that it had to come down to what it did before peace could be granted for her. "She tilted her head back as she watched him and she suddenly realized the truth for what it was. Nova was not the servant he had lead her to believe but the Prince himself.

Suddenly she felt stupidly self conscious and aware that she was stood before him dressed as a street rat. None the less she suddenly reached forward and hugged him tightly. "I am sorry for your loss." She whispered gently against his ear and decided perhaps now would not be the wisest moment to reveal the truth.

Nick was going to say something when she mention about Kali but stop himself as finsh what she was saying. It impress him that she was about figure out who Kali wast and only seen her for one day. Hardly anyone could tell here in the kingdom but then again Nova and Lin are not like the people of Brightmoon. "Heh odd enough even though this only the second day I known him and your right they have many things in common." he said as he didn't try to hide the fact Kali is the princess. "Kali wasn't after freedom per say but rather she wanted to be with her people. If all the common people knew she was the princess they would have acted differently rather then showing their true colors. It was only a matter of time before she would have to give that life up and being her father is doing the same thing as Nova's it leaves her not much choice unless she finds some one she likes. However.... with what just happened I wounder if this just happens to be a twist of fate, what do you think or am I still meddled with my magic?" he asked her though the last comment was more of a joke.

----
Nova had to laugh with that comment, it all the years he been with Lin no one dared say it in that way. "Put this this way, don't ever say shes a stray dog in her face or she might just rip it off. She can be picky at times, but yets I am greatful she forgiven me for what happen. As for Rose... I'm just greatful thats over with." he said before his face became a frown. However he couldn't help but smile when Kali have his arms around him and telling him her feelings about the matter. "Thank you, though this is my problem not yours. Still I am greatful you understand. There is something I wanted to ask you though, Kali..." Nova was saying before hearing what sounded to be a door being slamed open "Kaless Wildheart! Where the hell are you you royle pain in the ass!?." a male voice called out and right at the door stood what looked to be a small size man that was only four foot tall. Nova's head bolted at the door and seen the man coming in, in fact it was another dragonborn. The man wore the same type of clothing that Nova had though it was black and white color.

Nova had that 'oh shit' look on his face "that would be Cid, head of the royle guards, my peronal trainer and Lin's father. What ever you do don't say anything about his size." Nova mutterd to Kali as his question for her would have to wait. "First you and Lin take off ahead of me and your guards that was soppose to be with you at all time and when just got here both of you were not at the inn frocing me and your guards to look all over for you! Your dame lucky me and your father are good friends or else I give you a beating right about now, then again maybe I should bend your ass over and give you a beating anyways!" Cid said as he had both arms folded.

"That is why Nova has told your friend and Princess that he is a servant to the Prince rather than the Prince himself. He wanted to see how the nobles would treat him and their people while under the guise of being a common person. So far I thimnk the Princess is certainly one he feels most comfortable with...except of Commoner Kali."

Lin paused as Nick mentioned fates and she lowered her head slightly. "We do not tend to jest about such. Though it could be fate or destiny as some may call it. If they are meant to be together then nothing thrown against them shall stop them...except perhaps themselves if they can not be honest with other but right now that is their business and not truly ours." She states quietly as she watches him closely as if she was reassessing him from the mage she had met not many hours ago. "Do you want me to leave you alone to rest?"

-------------------

Kali stared at Nova as she attempts to digest everything he is saying. His lead up to a question causes her heart to some reason to race and she bites down on her bottom lip ready to answer even though she had no true knowledge of what the question was going to be.Yet at the sound of the slamming door she jumps backwards and glances at the small person. When he states that it is Lin's father a look of surprise crosses her features before she smiles at the way the man openly berates Nova despite his rank and she see's where Lin had the courage to pin Nova against the wall earlier. It seemed neither father nor daughter felt overwhelmed by their ranks compared to Nova and perhaps Lin's dad had purposefully taught her to be able to stand up to Nova. Gently she whispers in his ear. "I can see where Lin get's her personality from though it does appear that question must wait. " She could of stood up for Nova in that moment and declared who she was and that Nova had been protecting her but when the truth would come out of the Shadow Mal's involvement she knew the stories would not blend. Only the truth would help. "Perhaps I should go and make sure Nick is alright." She looked to Nova to be certain of whether he wanted her to leave or not rather than simply walk out after her words. In truth she did not wish to leave.

"True it's not our business unless they ask it to be." he said and had a feeling she could agree with him on that. However he gave him a smile as she asked if he wanted to be left along to rest "You don't have to, it is your room after all. Besides it would be rude of me to push a lovely lady out of her own room after she thoughtfuly help me here." he said and wounder how she would react to that. He some times use his charm on women to help make them feel better to themselfs and be more open to him.
--------

Nova didn't want her to go, at lest not yet but again before he could say anything the gaurd showed up at the door with weapons and sheilds at hand ready for battle. In front of them was Alex, the head commander of the kingdom's guards. Like the rest of his men he wore full plate armor but he unlike the rest of his men had a red cloak and without a helm as well. He is a blond hair and dark brown eye human who been with the kingdom for all his known life. He's also one of the few that knew who Kali was so when he saw here with these two dragonborn it was hard for him not say thing that would give her secert away. "You, state your bussienss! We been told there been an attack in this area and people said that a dragonborn enter this very building, on top of that a sound of a roar of some large monster. As it stands I see two dragonborn. So unless you like to be brought back with me for questioning you will tell me now." Alex said. Nova didn't seem surprised by this type of reaction for it happen many times with his kind because of the Shadow Mul.

"They were after me. My name is Kaless Wildheart, prince and heir to the kingdom of Rasa." Nova stated to Alex which made the human commander back off some. "Forgive me, we weren't exspecting you to be here for another few days." Alex said in reply. "Thats alright, I wanted it that ways so I can do some site seeing without people knowing who I was. However it seems the Shadow Mul knew, I take full responsibility for what happen here and will some how make it up to the people here in Brightmoon." Nova have said and hope that alone would ease some tension.

Lin chuckled faintly. "The pair have enough trouble that they shall I am certain drag us into. This problem is their own to solve." As Nick spoke of Lin being a lovely lady she could not help but tilt her head back and laugh before she picked up a blanket and draped it over him. "Well when I see a lovely lady I shall inform them of how gentlemanly you are. " Her head was inches from his as she made sure he was covered and was not in a draft. Her strange gaze focused on his. "Now rest so I do not get in trouble with your princess for keeping you awake. I shall go and get food and drink for you in a little while." She whispered gently before she stood up and walked over to her desk. She pulled out a few pieces of parchments , quill and ink well. She started to write something down in silence.

----------------
Kali had been almost ready to ask him something when the doors slammed open again and her own guards entered the the ware =house, thankfully already too late to see what had happened between Nick and Lin or Rose and Nova or should she say Kaless Wildheart. She bit down on her lip to prevent a sound escaping that would indicate surprise. She felt and sensed her guards relaxed at his words but her own body had tensed slightly. She was uncertain for a time what to say when the gazes of the men of both parties seemed to fall on her as they had expected an answer and time had gone by without a reply. She glanced to Kaless a moment once more before she spoke. "I was simply helping a friend." She finally stated aloud. If she revealed her identity now before she could say another word to Nova she would of been marched to the castle and any chance of escape would of been gone. "You should search the warehouse, there are bodies and weaponry that would be best to be destroyed seen as it is difficult to know what could happen next if we do not."

Kali had tried to make her sound far more common and a little less intelligent than she was though it was not entirely successful as the act amongst guards and it seemed actually royalty had made her feel nervous.

"Right, well do." he said in reply before closing his eyes, however it didn't take long for the young mage to fall asleep right afterwords. With everything he done today he would be out of a while.
------

Alex looked at Kali for a moment as she told them what he and his men should do, though after hearing who this dragonborn is he wonderd if there was more going on then what the two of them been doing. He would say something to the king about it, weither he would be pleased or not he wouldn't know for sure. It wasn't he wanted to get his princess into trouble but only doing his job and to do that there were thing's he didn't like doing, on top of that if he didn't say something one of his men might so better he take the fall then anyone else. However she kinda gave her self away by how she asked them to look around, a normal commoner would have just ask to leave though give a hint of there might be something worth looking into. He looks back to Kaless and give him a low bow "Me and my men will look around, if we find anything we will let know know. I will also report what have happen to my king, can I offer you a few guards to walk you back to where you are staying?" Alex asked.

The first statment that Kali said was normal enough for anyone to say, however the rest of what she said however sounded more like orders. Orders given by a commoner was not normal what so ever unless she have some sort of rank to do so. Kali have been trying to hide it but might have tryed too hard and slip just enough for him to notice. Looking at her again he was seeing more and more that she looked very much like the princess of Brightmoon. His question he was going to ask her seem to answerned on its own but he wouldn't say anything here. Nova turned back to Alex as he offer a few guards to take him back to the inn "I thank you for the offer but I already have a body guard." he said as he pointed to Cid. "If you need me to give more infomation about this matter I will be at the Golden Dragon inn. " he said once more before looking at Kali again "Would you like to come with his Kali?" he asked her.

Lin had only been writing for about ten minutes when she looked over her shoulder to make sure that Nick had fallen asleep or was at least comfortable but as her gaze settled on his she found him already in the land of dreams. For a moment her gaze watched him intently. None but her father and perhaps Nova ever stood up to her before. As she recalled what he had said to her before they had entered the warehouse and the way he had gripped the collar of her top. The young mage had certainly puzzled her and had created a strange sensation low in her stomach that she could not quite place. A strange almost trembling...was it butterflies?

-----------------
Kali could tell by both the looks upon Kaless's face and the way the guard observed her that she had certainly screwed up some how. She bit down on her bottom lip a moment before she simply nodded and gently gripped Kaless's hand as they moved out of the warehouse and she let him lead her to the inn that he and Lin were staying at. During the journey she said not a single word as she considered how she was going to explain why she had done what she had done. "I think we have a long conversation before us." She whispered faintly as the crowd started to return to the square and they were just stood outside of the inn door. "DO you have your own room or are you sharing with Lin?"

"If you mean about why those guards were taking orders from a commoner then yes we do have a conversation coming." he said in the same kind of whisper as she was doing. Nova then slide his arm around her own so it would be more like he was walking her around these people. It reminded him about how he did this with Rose but he push her away from her mind for the feel of Kali is much better to think about. "And yes I have my own room, so we would have some time alone without anyone to bother us. Or at lest I hope we woun't be botherd for a while." he said to her as the princes of Rasa leads her to the Golden Dragon inn. Once though the front doors of the end he would lead her to the room he would be staying at and open the door for her "Do you want something to drink or eat while we talk or are you fine for now?" he asked her.

At his words she simply nodded her head gently in agreement and acceptance and then smiled with relief that he had at least his own room. The conversation would be much easier without having two extra pairs of ears listening in. "I should eat." She whispered at his question. "I left my cake back at the square." She added with a gentle smile to her lips as she waited for him to order some food and drink to be sent up before the followed him up to his room.

Once they had crossed the threshold and the door was closed and locked she lifted her hand to indicate he would give her a moment before she disappeared into the bathroom and washed the dirt from her face. Once she had dried the skin she returned and stood before him as her violet gaze examined him intently. "Where would you like to begin..Prince Kaless?"

Nova did as she asked and right away order some food and water for them and took it up, as he put it onto the table he heard Kali close and locked the door before seeing her go to the bathroom. Once he set everything on the table he then seen Kali come out of with her face cleaned and right away what he thought who she was was indeed right, Kali is the princess. Nova couldn't help but chuckle to her question "Please, Nova would be better name for me since it is a nick name I grew up with and would rather my freinds call me that. However in doing anything as a noble then would be going by my real name." he said.

"Though I have to say I feel foolish for not seeing it sooner of who you really are Kali, or I should say princess Kalinda. I couldn't get over the fact that a commoner with such skills would be over looked so it was hard for me to think of you of just a commoner. But I'm sure my story of being ill was no better so in this case we are both even. So I say start with what you feel is more compable and we will go from there, and don't be afraid to ask anything either." he told her and waited to see what she would say.

Kali noted his eyes and the way they were filled with recognition. She smiled gently at his words as she reached up to her hair and pulled free the simple bandana that held it in place and at the same time kept her hair covered from sight. "I agree on all counts. I think we should simply start over with honesty..especially as we now know that we do not have any reason to hide the truth from the other." She spoke softly as she shook her head slightly to free the mane of copper hair down until it was free entirely and fell about her frame.

Slowly she turned from him and decided to settle on one of the chairs in the room before she reached for a drink and took a long sip. "Where do we go now? We have various problems at all but I find myself more intrigued by you than the current issue of the Shadow Mal. "

"I couldn't agree more." Nova said in reply to Kali saying about starting over, he would want nothing more to do just that since she did got his interest and showed that she wasn't your normal princess who wish to just dress themselfs like a doll. She's willing to do things her self if need be and one hell of a fighter, also strong too for facing that demon that was within Rose she was the bravest noble woman and princess he ever met. On top of that metting with Nick as well. He never saw a human that could use magic with such skill, better then even Rasa's magi, he would laugh to see the sit of Nick metting with Lin's father and what outcome might come out of that but quickly be put his thoughts back here with Kali.

Nova's eyes brighten when she said she was more intrigued about him then whats going on with the Shadow Mul " In truth I haven't thought that far ahead yet, and with what just happen its hard to thing about those things right now. However why do you find me intriguing? Have there been other men that gotten your interest or am I the only one on your list right now?" he asked and wait to see how she would answer the question.

"I stated I was intrigued by you Nova, not that I had a future planned for you or me. Besides I have yet to see the other Princes on my fathers list and perhaps I may like some of them better." She stated calmly as she watched him carefully. "You are the only one on my list I would at least like to meet again and discuss these ridiculous notions our parents are forcing upon us to try and adhere to and as for why I find you intriguing. Perhaps it is because you were caught doing similar to what I was doing. Drawing danger to yourself and investigating those you could be faced with the rest of your life bound to. Besides it was kind of you to give Rose peace the way you did even if I consider it foolish that you went to face her alone, believing you would manage to face her without friends."

Back
Top Bottom