Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Whatcha Eatin'?

Which to do prefer?

• Cooking

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Baking

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Eating

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters

QuietSeductress

Supernova
Okay, so this thread will be all about food. I plan on posting pictures of the various foods that I make, like or want to try. I guess you could call this a food journal. I like to think that I know my way around a kitchen (I am a woman after all) thus, I am getting back in there and attempting to create some tasty things. It's all about trial and error!

Please feel feel to browse, give advice or offer your sentiments about any pictures that I post. Try not to bog down this thread with pictures of your own as it will only take that much longer to load.

Thanks for reading and happy eating!!!

And because you were kind enough to read through the above statement, I present to you, chocolate peanut butter filled cupcakes with a dark chocolate frosting.

For my Christmas Eve dinner, I made Spaghetti! I love spaghetti, it is my favorite dish. I cook the sauce (which is homemade), meatballs and Italian sausage in a crockpot for a few hours. It makes my house smell amazing!

Solidsnake61988 said:
Cos I can't bake for shit and you know that I can't and that's why you're laughing?!?!

Well I don't know that. I think I found it funny because you used the word "bloody" and I read it in my British accent. Yes, I sometimes have a British accent.

You're weird and I've never heard your British accent. Anyways I'd love to heard it andddd back to cooking food on this website

While I love eating most, I love to cook and bake. Today, we are having lamb chops and roast, pork loin, duck, chicken, and venison steaks as the meats. We are also having six kinds of stuffing, couscous, spring mix and full leaf lettuce salads, green beans (NO BEAN CASSEROLE.. that stuff is disgusting...), sweet potato casserole, yeast rolls, snow peas, five kinds of deviled eggs, , and of course mixed berry cobbler, spice cake, orange cake, lemon sponge, Victoria sponge, white chocolate and eggnog cheesecakes, and apple, pear, blueberry, blackberry, raspberry, black cherry, tropical fruit, and lemon meringue pie.

... as soon as everyone gets here, of course.

Ruphhausin said:
While I love eating most, I love to cook and bake. Today, we are having lamb chops and roast, pork loin, duck, chicken, and venison steaks as the meats. We are also having six kinds of stuffing, couscous, spring mix and full leaf lettuce salads, green beans (NO BEAN CASSEROLE.. that stuff is disgusting...), sweet potato casserole, yeast rolls, snow peas, five kinds of deviled eggs, , and of course mixed berry cobbler, spice cake, orange cake, lemon sponge, Victoria sponge, white chocolate and eggnog cheesecakes, and apple, pear, blueberry, blackberry, raspberry, black cherry, tropical fruit, and lemon meringue pie.

... as soon as everyone gets here, of course.

All I can say is that by the end of reading this, I was drooling! :p

That's awesome, but don't hate on the green bean casserole! That stuff is so good, but to each their own, right?!

I baked these delicious treats to take to my aunt's for Christmas. I did snap a picture of the one's I made, but I must've deleted the on accident so I have to use a stock photo. They are Cheesecake presents. Just your simple cheesecake recipe. Cut them into squares and decorate to make them look like presents! :)

medium.jpg

They were a big hit and all gone by noon! I guess this will a holiday tradition of mine!

I think , QuietSeductress, I had it ONCE when it wasn't gross... but then it was all made from scratch. I think the fact that so many canned Cream of Mushroom soups are so inferior is a major problem. Those treats also looked good.. and as I told Solidsnake61988, I would love to share... will have leftovers for days. lol

Ruphhausin said:
I think , QuietSeductress, I had it ONCE when it wasn't gross... but then it was all made from scratch. I think the fact that so many canned Cream of Mushroom soups are so inferior is a major problem. Those treats also looked good.. and as I told Solidsnake61988, I would love to share... will have leftovers for days. lol

I completely understand. I enjoy a made from scratch green bean casserole myself. I have actually made my own mushroom soup before and adding a thickening agent and some green beans, I just know it would taste awesome! I would love some of your leftovers! LOL

I wish I could give you some... as I get creative with them.. for instance....

I know what I am going to do with some of the meat that is left over.....

"NO ONE CAN RESIST MY SCHWEDDY BALLS!"

Yes.. a skit from when the show was still funny and relevant at the same time... now they are neither. lol Once we are done, perhaps I will post the recipe...

QuietSeductress said:
You can post here.

SCHWEDDY BALLS Meatball recipe

This is a slightly modified recipe that I came up with, partly inspired by the "turducken" concept and the need to find new things to do with leftovers (even if they didn't get cooked they still are leftover). Substitutions will happen, but this is put together from the Christmas day feast leftovers that we have as my family and my Baby do the best to handle all of the respected traditions (however no one is vegan or vegetarian though we did make some for some friends who are.. that modified recipe for later. These balls are best when made large and very tender and juicy. There really is not beating MY meatBALLS. No one can resist them at all.. and that is not just entendre, it's the truth. The ladies I know particularly cannot keep their hands away from my balls.

(I am including the recipe for 56 -70 good sized balls. For more, or larger balls, increase each ingredient measurement by one-fourth depending on the quantity and size you desire. I provide direction for the enlarging of the yield of balls alongside each ingredient, as well as for substitutions.)

1 pound of ground beef
1 pound of ground veal
1 pound of sweet or spicy Italian sausage (depending on if you want sweet or spicy balls)
1 pound venison/lamb grind blend (can be done at home or at a butcher's)
1 pound chicken/duck/turkey (can be modified without one depending on what you have) grind blend.
1 and 1/2 cup of Italian bread crumbs (add more if needed).
2 tablespoons garlic
2 tablespoons Italian parsley
2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons of pepper
2-3 eggs (add more if needed or desired).
3 cups of Parmigiano-Reggiano/Pecorino Romano grated

(dividing or multiplying of ingredients will give a higher yield of balls. Quadrupling the recipe fed the entire block two servings of my irresistible balls. Also, if you want to stick with just red meat in your balls, or go totally non-read meat, you can remove and replace by doubling up on another. We use alligator meat at times.. DELICIOUS!!!)

Instructions

Preheat oven to 375
Add all the above ingredients together. They are all friends. Work in the half cup of bread crumbs and one egg. If the mixture does not stick add another egg and more bread crumbs to absorb the moisture, alternately you can add cheese.
Once mixed form meatballs to about the size of a golf ball. the bigger they are the longer they will take to cook.
Place balls into a roasting pan (or two, depending on how many you make..) and then top with either home made sauce or canned sauce (do not worry your friends wont know the difference.. but I use my Baby's homemade sauce.... makes them so much more tasty) roast the meatballs from 45 minutes to an hour checking ever 30 minutes then 45 and finally and hour.
Once meat balls are cooked stir them up with the sauce as the juice from the meatballs will thin out your sauce you can add tomato paste starting with 1 table spoon adding more for a thicker sauce (stopping at your liking) and serving over any pasta you wish (we prefer Capelli d'angelo, Capellini, Spaghettini, Fettuccine, Taglierini, Penne rigate, Conchiglie (though, increasing the cheese amount with ricotta makes it a good stuffing for the larger shells as well as ravioli), and cheese stuffed Tortelloni.. but it is surprisingly good with couscous for a change of pace!).

As I said, this is a modified recipe.. but try.. just TRY.. to resist my balls...lol!!!

Nu, I have a question: there is sausage called Chorizo; Mexicans eat it. Also, there is sausage called Chouriço, pronounced almost exactly the same way; Portuguese people eat it. Are they virtually the same in fact?

XXtraPrince said:
Nu, I have a question: there is sausage called Chorizo; Mexicans eat it. Also, there is sausage called Chouriço, pronounced almost exactly the same way; Portuguese people eat it. Are they virtually the same in fact?

Pretty much. There may only be slight differences in the spices that are added to the meat. Because I couldn't find cooked chorizo at my grocery store, I'm substituting linguica which is another Portuguese sausage.

Back
Top Bottom