Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Pretty Lake (Isabelle & CharmSnake)

CharmSnake

Super-Earth
Pretty Lake

Isabelle & CharmSnake

Randy didn't always bring the Harley to school but today was a special day. It was his first day back from suspension after punching out Wade Cort. Wade was the star quarterback of the football team and first class prick. He was also six-four and had about forty pounds on Randy. Randy played safety but not anymore. Not only did his antics get him suspended, they also got him kicked off the team. The move may have left him in poor standing with the administration, but with the student body it had only raised his hero status. Outside of a close circle of jock friends, nobody liked arrogant Wade.

Randy was also single again. During the week off he'd gone fishing with his brother instead of hanging with Daphne and she, being partial to all things drama queen, dumped him for it. She'd probably want him back at some point. In the mean time he was up for grabs and it was time to make an appearance.

It was Friday and Randy wished that the school had given him an extra day of suspension so he could have an extra-extra long weekend, but what the hell, Friday morning was shop class and Mr. Preston would let him park the Harley in the shop. He was cool that way.

Heads turned as he casually rolled the throbbing Harley-Davidson into the parking lot and stopped. His Dad was a Vietnam vet and ran the best custom bike shop in Kalamazoo. he taught Randy how to wrench and father and son worked on bikes together. They had a collection if motorcycles to choose from. The Harley was the nicest. Usually he rode the Kawasaki, a Japanese racing bike. It was the fastest. He shut the engine off and ran his fingers through his chestnut curls. He wasn't wearing a helmet.

"Welcome back brah," greeted Mark. "Where's the rice rocket?"

"I brought the hog instead," answered Randy and the two bumped knuckles. Mark stood at six-two, a couple of inches taller than Randy and dyed his hair jet black, in a ponytail with shaved sides. He played bass in a punk band.

"Pit party at Pretty Lake tonight," said Mark.

"Yep." If there was a party somewhere, Randy didn't need to be told, he already knew.

"Comin'?"

"Until the cops come I guess," Randy shrugged. The cops always busted up parties at Pretty Lake just south of town, but it was close to home and if you were smart you planned your escape.

"They won't catch us. We got a boat," said Mark.

"Nice," Randy agreed. There were two dirt roads into Pretty Lake and everyone would drive their cars in, park, start a big fire, play loud music and drink heavily. Then the cops would block off both roads and bust as many kids as possible, but Randy never brought a car so he didn't have to worry about that.

"Krauznitz!"

It was Wade calling him from across the parking lot. He stood there with his jock buddies at his side. Randy raised his light brown eyes but otherwise didn't flinch.

"Next chance I get I gonna jam my foot up your ass so far you'll be tasting shoe leather!" he postured.

As far as Randy was concerned, Wade could name the time and place and he'd beat him down again. He and Mark completely ignored the threat.

"So are you bringing Daphne tonight?" asked Mark.

"Nahh, she's pissed about something. Haven't talked to her since I got back from fishing." He pulled a smoke from the front pocket of his jacket and lit it.

"Catch anything?"

"A couple bass," said Randy. "Cooked 'em in the pan on the fire. Had a couple brews. It was nice."

The bell rang.

"Keep your eyes open Krauznitz!" Wade warned and went inside.

"Later," said Mark. The two bumped knuckles again and Randy restarted the bike and rode off towards the shop.

Back
Top Bottom