Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Down to Brass Tacks(Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Korax

Star
Hello poor soul who has braved the unnerving gaze of the owl to view this little request thread here. I am making this request thread for a few reasons, partly because this site is flipping huge and it will take a while to find a roleplay I can really sink my teeth into. Also partly because I am not adverse in the least to having more adult themes but it is a tad awkward to try and step into such a thread or start one yourself. Yes, cowardly, I know.

Down to business. I am fairly experienced and can do long-winded roleplays if that is what is needed or smaller ones, though even if smaller I would very much like having some detail to play off of. I am not asking for a chapterbook but a paragraph of two would be extremely welcomed. I would very much prefer to play with females, characters and people. I find they are a lot easier to bounce other characters off and thus continue the story. As for what type or setting, once more I am very flexible. Though fantasy is where I am most comfortable, Scifi would be perfectly fine or even something done in a more modern setting. Monsters, anothromorphs, creatures and just plain strange beings are very fun for me to play as and I quite enjoy creating worlds that would make sense for them to exist in. Such as doing a setting at an insect's level, the grass are pretty much trees and each small city is founded on the fusion of differing ideals as well as instinct. The same goes for larger animals, a society made out of the rather scatterbrained ideals and morals of a magpie would be utterly amusing. Those are of course two more mundane examples, aliens and alien culture is very appealing as well or something equally as appealing such as how minotaurs might conduct themselves if they formed a tribe. I can be and do largely anything, however there are sadly a few limits.

Abusive characters are very hard for me, violence towards women especially, so if you are looking for that sort of thing I am sorry to say you should look elsewhere. I can be confident and somewhat aggressive but it does not come naturally and might feel a bit lackluster. I can play the part, it is just a tad difficult. I really don't like school settings with a few rare exceptions, they tend to be boring and far too structured. However on that thought, something such as a pilot academy might not be too bad. Like I said I am pretty flexible and I would put money on someone being able to talk me into most things. Pretty much all I seek is an experienced partner who won't leave a chap high and dry with a single sentence and struggling to find something to bounce off. Submissive, strong, elf or alien hellbeast. Just need something to ground me a bit along with a good setting and we should have loads of fun.

As for modes of roleplay, I don't have the best computer in the world, prone to shutting down randomly or crashing at perhaps the most trollish of times. Because of this and one or two other minor reasons I would heavily discourage anyone looking for an instant messenger type roleplay to look here for a partner. Forum and PMs are fine as we can take as much time as needed and if something does happen mid-post it is just annoying, not mood breaking.

Oh and for a larger list of kinks and such, there is this rather handy website people here have running about in their signatures.
Link to List of Perversion

I know I have been a bit vague on what I am looking for, that's just because there are too many possibilities and I would hate to close one door. In any case, if there are more questions feel free to get in contact with me and ask them.

Special Note: If at any time the roleplay grows stale, you change your mind or whatever, please say so. I understand that many people are scared of backlash but we are supposed to be mature adults here so I ask to treat me as one in kind. It is far more rude to let something die and never speak than to have an open dialog and leave things as friends.

RE: Down to Brass Tacks

Possible Roleplay Ideas

This is a list of a few roleplay ideas that I have thought up or just felt like jotting down one day, I have divided them between monster roleplays, alien and anthro ones since the vast majority of those I thought up fall into those groups. I'll add more divisions as I gain space, also keep in mind that these could show up in any number of roleplay sections here on the site proper. I don't list any gender or desired pairings with these roleplay ideas because I want to foster the max amount of creativity, that can all be hammered down if the contact takes a fancy to any of these worlds I have created.

General Roleplay Kinks and Themes

This is just a general theme I enjoy, predator and prey going against their instincts and turning towards a different kind of hunger. The species doesn't matter, the theme and the taboo nature of the tryst is all the same. Be it a mouse and a cat, a wolf and a deer or something as odd as a butterfly and spider. I still enjoy plot and character development and it will remain a major part of the roleplay but the them of predator and prey is one that is hard to overlook and it will bleed into other roleplays. Such as a knight and a dragon for example or alien/mutant to human in a more scyfy setting. One of my favorite animal groups to play is reptiles and they can play into the predator/prey bit extremely well, be it a snake and a mouse or an alligator to...well...anything, it's an alligator. This is an extremely wide roleplay type and home to such a wide variety of partners that the combinations and roleplay angles are unlimited.

(These are just a few that I thought up, if you have a suggestion feel free to make as many as you wish)

Pairing ideas
------------
MousexSnake
CatxMouse
Moth/ButterflyxSpider
Tiger/LionxHuman
SharkxDolphin/Orca
Sperm WhalexGiant/Colossal Squid
CrocodilexZebra
CatxBird
FoxxChicken
MantisxAny Other Insect
----

HumanxMinotaur
Anythingx Ogre/Troll
KnightxDragon
NagaxHuman
GnollxHuman
----

HumanxAlien Sport Hunter
HumanxAlien Queen
HumanxAlien predator
-------------

Like the Predator/Prey above, this is also more of a theme that I enjoy playing once in a while and like the above it can be worked into any roleplay with moderate ease. Be it either a man with far too many girls or a woman with several men, I enjoy harems of all sorts and certainly do not mind playing many different characters for the desires of one spoiled female. I've not had the chance to do this too many times and would love to be able to pull it off more often and of course both the Predator/Prey and this Harem kink can all be meshed with the roleplay ideas I have below.

This is less a full roleplay and more an over all theme I enjoy. Simply I am very fond of the 'gentle giant' character such as a minotaur who isn't the monster that people tend to think his kind are. Typically a little naive and childish but not the point they are morons, these characters tend to be rather fun to play and need a strong or caring female type to match them up.

There are few fandoms I like to roleplay in, those that I do I never play canons and I really don't like playing opposite them either. However there are many fictional universes in which i enjoy and can see become quite an interesting roleplay, those I will list below. The reason why is because I always feel like I am doing a disservice to the canon character, like I'm not playing them correctly and that feeling is ramped up to insane levels when they are involved with pairings that they shouldn't or simply act unlike themselves.

Warcraft
Starcraft
Warhammer 40k
Monster Hunter
Dungeons and Dragons
The Elder Scrolls Series
Digimon(Both humans and digital monsters)
Pokemon(Both humans and pocketmonsters)
Transformers(Both machine on machine and machine on human)

As often as I talk about playing monsters or anthros in certain roles, I have no problem playing opposite female monsters as a human or other monsters. It is rather sad that there are so few people willing to play monster-girls out there, be they alien, mythical beast or simply an anthromorphic version of one species or another.

On the subject of Taboo I am rather flexible, I do not mind incest or bestiality. I do like having a plot and more build up to each instead of just suddenly there is incest/bestiality and after five posts the roleplay is largely over. As stated above, plot and character development factor in heavily, more so with taboo subjects than with others because of the cultural stigma that surrounds them. I rarely if ever have any plots that focus on these topics, normally they are just part of the roleplay or part of the plot while the characters and drama surrounding them is the primary focus, such taboos of course contribute quite a bit to the plot so it's a delicate balancing act.

Anthro Based Roleplays

In the dark, magical word of the middle ages, it used to be that great wizards, shaman or other magical persons would have to travel far and wide to find the regents they needed. Crafting potions or charms, it sometimes took months or years to reach the goal these driven men and women reached for. But as time wore on, magic began to seep into the soil and permeate the land, often being concentrated around where such magic users lived. This had an affect on the local wild life and the domestic animals. At first the affects were barely noticeable, a talking wolf here and there or a pig that would begin floating for no reason at all. But over the generations, some of these animals gained more humanoid traits, walking on two legs, gaining near human levels of intellect and even growing arms to manipulate the surroundings. At first these creatures were ignored, or more often killed. The hardest hit were the cattle, who the local minotaurs would seduce on an occasion when they couldn't find mates of their own. Owing to this magical heritage they mutated faster than most. However, before a full blown panic started, some very smart and enterprising young mages had an idea. They began to gather all the 'problem' animals and create farms for them to live on, with the promise they and their families would never be killed for food. These smart magic users soon found that the milk, hair, eggs of these creatures yielded valuable magical traits which could only be found in regents that were considered almost impossible to reach.

Thus a new business was formed and grew rapidly. Though some of the human-like animals from the forests were still a problem, taking livestock and people alike, a few were given the chance to settle into farm life. The wild boars and sheep quickly fit in on the farm among their domesticated cousins and even a few wolves or foxes were bribed over to act as the farm dog, guarding the farms from other wild creatures. These new 'Magic Farmers' still remained weary of the wild creatures, but over time a sort of balance was stuck between the magically created creatures and the remaining normal animals still used for food.

As one can imagine, these farms are hectic, with each and every animal able to voice his or her own opinion as well as take up arms if they feel threatened. At their hearts they still have to go off of instinct, but instinct and their new elevated minds tend to get a bit blurred as they try to make sense of their new world, often relying on their farmers to help sort things out.

In a world where animals are anthromorphic, how far does the love of a pet owner and his/her pets really go? It always starts out innocently enough, bonds forged in every day life but even in humans nature guides wants and desires. Perhaps it started as an accident, a petting hand moving too far and then the temptation starts to show as the bonds of pets and master begin to deepen into something more. Once that line is crossed they can never go back to a normal life, only accept this new reality forged by their own hands.

Back in the dark ages of human history, England's great empire was starting to crumble, they were at war with their neighbors and just about everyone else, every able bodied man and sub-adult were in the army, leaving very few back at home to till the lands and grow crops. After all if they couldn't feed their armies then they would swiftly end up losing these wars and be forced to give up power. However desperate times call for strange bedfellows, the King himself secretly contacted a necromancer, law decreed that any witch or magic user be put to the sword, but with his kingdom about to rip itself apart he had little choice. He asked for undead servants, the sort that can work without tire and keep his armies afloat, the King would deal with the negative backlash from his people when the wars were over. This necromancer on the other hand was quite clever and very powerful, he suggested to the King that resurrection might be more favorable, as the most loyal and dedicated warriors could be brought back, heroes to walk the Earth. As they discussed these matters, the King noticed a giant leg bone in the back of the necromancer's hut and demanded to know what it was. The necromancer said it was a bone from creatures long dead, massive reptiles that make the dragons of myth seem like salamanders. The King instantly demanded that these creatures be brought back to serve him and the war effort, certainly victory would be all but won if even a single of these creatures stomped onto the battlefield.

The necromancer was hesitant, he warned that such creatures were primitive and near impossible for him to control, they would just as likely attack the King's own men as the enemy, maybe even more so. Disheartened the King went back to the first plan, telling the necromancer that he had two weeks to bring back as many fallen heroes as possible and bring them to his court. The necromancer on the other hand began to ponder something. The two weeks passed and the necromancer did show up at the King's court, but not with the warriors promised. The King was moments away from ordering the mage burned at the stake and his ashes spat on, at least until he noticed two very large creatures walk in behind the necromancer. Two legged giants, reptiles both, one had a fearsome set of jaws that would make the most holy of men wet himself and the other had a long snake like neck and tail. Both towered over the men and women of the court. But they were not the mindless beasts the necromancer warned of, they had powerful human leg arms, a defined upper torso and the one with the jaws even had a large pair of mammalian mammaries.

The necromancer apologized for his two slaves appearing without clothing, as he had not the time to nit together entire tents for them to wear. The King waved off his words and walked right up to the two twin behemoths, they were perfect. Giants who could be trained, taught the ways of war and weapons before being pointed at the opposing armies. The Necromancer explained that he experimented on the old giant bones, he tried several times to make a creature that was controllable, but failed. Until he used both human and giant bones together, creating a sort of hybrid that would serve the King as well as any of his human subjects. Pleased with these results the King offered the necromancer a place in his court, even lifting the law against the 'dark arts' so the necromancer could train others to in turn bolster the growing efforts. These newly resurrected giants were coined Titans in honor of their vast size and strength. Though not all of these reptiles were truly giant, some were only as tall as the average man, some even shorter, but the name stuck.

As one might expect the King won his wars, with only 20 of these super soldiers under his sway the rest of the territories fell to him with extreme ease. When the war was other and the Titans lost their function, the King simply ordered that no man or woman should be allowed to keep other humans as slaves, a practice that had flourished due to lack of manpower on all sides of the war. Instead these new sub-human Titans were to be used, tilling the fields and in general doing grunt work. While not overly common there were enough that most households could have at least one. Meanwhile the necromancer and his coven continued to work under the king's orders, pulling other bones together he managed to fuse the great woolly Titans of the frozen ages to human bone, bringing back new humanoids that were not quite as alien. But due to how rare these mammals and birds were, they were often owned only by the rich or collectors.

This roleplay is somewhat inspired by the Redwall series as it has a similar set up with some exceptions. In this world rodents rose to power, they remain the same size but gained the ability to walk on their hind legs, use tools and form complex societies. There are other animals, cats, snakes and birds of prey, however they remain just animals and are more or less the dragons and demons of the rodent world. The rodents themselves are divided up into five main groups, the first one being the rats. They are the largest and most adaptable of the rodents, they are also very industrious and build great stone cities about the sort that could be comparable to the Medieval sorts of human history. Rats prefer to live near the sea and have entire cities all based around fishing and naval trade, they are a hearty and rather off-putting folk but are loveable rogues at heart. Mice live out in the plains, open ground that is good for farming. They are made up of mostly traders, gypsies and farmers. Mice are typically not well liked as they have a reputation for stealing and swindling others, however they are a friendly enough people who are more than willing to sing songs and share a few tales. The shrews are a grew of warriors who live down near the river, they are masters of stealth and can come or go with nothing giving them away. Some of the most dangerous warriors known are shrews, with a venomous bite and an infamous track-record for taking prisoners. Shrews live in floating villages, never in the same spot for long they travel the landscape. It should also be mentioned that shrews are a female dominate race, the males are servants while females take up arms and act as the tribe's warriors. Then there are the squirrels, with homes in the deep forests far away from prying eyes these rodents are a very secretive bunch who the other races know very little about. One thing that is known is that they are master trappers, any poor rodent going into squirrel territory has to watch his feet and his neck, you can avoid one or two squirrel traps but you can't dodge them all. Squirrels keep to themselves, what little the other races know about them is from their habit of sending youngsters out of the forests on a sort of quest for adulthood and to learn about the world outside of the forests. Last and certainly not least are the most feared race, even the shrews steer clear of them. Though the bats eat only fruit and insects, their ability to fly and nocturnal habits put the other races on edge. They live in caves, carving grand stone cities into the rock wall where none can bother them. In spite of the stories bats are scholars. Holding vast amounts of information in their hidden libraries where only a chosen few may enter. By nature bats may not be warriors however they do train in the use of spear and javelins to keep their foes at a distance and away from their fragile bodies.

Together the five races live in a very uneasy harmony, they keep to their own and try not to insight a war. The truce lasts between them and keeps the races from turning on each other when it is hard enough just surviving when their walls are tested by great serpents, battered by fearsome badgers and cats or dragged off into the sky by hook taloned birds. Life for a rodent is hard and short, but they never give up trying to survive in their hostile world, do you have what it takes?

In the land of Entomalia there are four great kingdoms, Vespidia, Formidon, Anthi and Isopterin.

Vespidia to the west is the realm of wasps, silent hunters who rule a fast desert spotted by lush jungle oasis, a nomadic people they roam through the region and swear loyalty only to their queen, all outsiders are either slaves or prey. Barbaric and violent the wasps only understand power and brute force, they often sell out their services as assassins to the other kingdoms, though they are quite heartless the wasps are not evil, they believe in a strict code of honor and are known for their brutal honesty. Showing a disdain for technology the only weapons a wasp warrior will use is her own mandibles or crude stone and chitin blades crafted from the animals of her homeland.

Formidon of the south is the great war based superpower, their people live in massive stone buildings and tunnels underneath a dry forest terrain which they call home. Death and glory is what they live for, to die in battle and serve their queen to the bitter end, surrounded by the dead of their foes, this is what all ants desire. Working the stone of their tunnels they craft granite weapons, stone blades sharp and powerful enough to hack through the heaviest armored chitin. Though most ants prefer spears, they wield any number of weapons in combat, the most loyal and powerful of these will one day be given their queen's blessing to visit the drone chambers and sip the rare wine that is the highly coveted male ants.

Anithi of the east is relatively peaceful compared to the other kingdoms in a lush forest, on the surface the bees seem like jolly farmers, content to harvest pollen and sap to their hearts desire. However, the bees are fearsome warriors and will defend their territory with a furry every bit the equal of their sister kingdoms. Having a great knowledge of the healing arts, there is a good chance that every downed warrior may get right back up again if the other kingdoms aren't careful. Using mainly ranged weapons such as bows, crossbows and slings, the brave bees will pelt their foes from afar and if threatned they are more than willing to strike back, dealing ten times what they were dealt in revenge.

Isopterin in the north is made up mostly by a large mountain range, the hearty termites burrow even deeper than their ant sisters dare venture and pull up from the depths metal. With this they craft towering metal spires and deep mining towns, creating wonders and deadly weapons. Termites use steel swords and heavy shields when they fight, backed up by the heavy cannons sitting on their fortresses and single shot pistols, the termites are only stopped by their slow defensive nature and poor eyesight, otherwise they might have brought the other kingdoms to the torch by now.

Each kingdo is ruled by a queen, each as ageless, beautiful and eternal as the seasons, each just as fickle and each just as ruthless. Under her are her daughters, the 'lesser queens' who were given mates and went on to breed smaller colonies. While these ageless creatures rage on at each other they threaten to destroy their peoples and the very world they live on. It may just be up to one lone drone, broken away from his shackles as a prized breeder, to him the future opens up to a world where perhaps the queens are brought to heel under the rule of a king.

Brave men and women signed themselves up for a new sort of test, it was a radical gene-therapy that is supposed to get rid of genetic born diseases. There is however a problem, the early version of the therapy involves being spliced with animal DNA which had a variety of strange effects that the scientists are still trying to fully understand. This project had gained a lot of attention, the army is looking for super-soldiers while other branches of scientists are looking for a way to make people better adapted to surviving in space or on other planets. The problem with all of this is the several hundred test subjects are kept in a large natural enclosure for study, to see if human iltilect will be overwhelmed by animal instinct.

Alien Based Roleplays

It seems that humans are not alone, in the year 2079 we managed to build several massive space-ships, basically floating cities to ease the pressure off an already crowded Earth. These ships fired off in all directions, each was set for a planet that had conditions close to those of Earth, in hope that colonies would sprout up across the universe.

One of the ships, named The Argo, named after a large ship from mythology. It was set for a planet called Epson Five and once they reached it the human population were ready to colonize it and begin setting up new lives for themselves. However, scans of the planet showed that it was inhabited by a native race, something that the long range sensors on Earth or the ship were unable to detect. They were a burrowing race that mostly lived underground, only coming above it to interact with other groups.

They were called Zirus, giant insectiods that managed to out-think the mammals and reptiles on their planet, becoming unmatched. They live in massive underground cities, called hives, each hive is lead by anywhere from one to four Zirus females who are extremely old and wise. They are called Queens, though unlike the queens of social insects on Earth, they do not lay vast amounts of eggs, in fact they hardly mate and lay any eggs at all. Instead they ingest a special sort of jelly, created by a mix of blood and a rare pollen from a native tree, this jelly is eaten by the queens and in turn it ferments inside of their bodies. The substance is refined in the Queen's gut and can be expose to other creatures through body fluid, the most common being sexual relations. The jelly doesn't affect other Zirus, but in other species it mutates into being a Zirus, though sometimes traits of their former shape and body design are kept. Each Queen has a job to do and that is to make sure their hives have as varied genetics as possible. This means that no two Zirus ever look the same, even siblings could look drastically different.

The humans of The Argo want to make a deal with the Zirus for natural resources, but the Zirus might just see them as a new source of DNA to bolster their own stock. Perhaps some sort of balance can be gained, but will the higher ups really sell off their own people in this manner?

The fate of this exploration is in your hands.

Thousands of years in the future, in the 53rd Millennium Mankind finds itself shattered and cast adrift to the stars. Hundreds of years before this state, humanity were expanding too fast, they used their advanced technology to colonize other planets, terraforming them to support life and transplanting creatures from their own planet to create new ecosystems. Watching in fear a xenophobic race from the stars attacked mankind, nearly wiping them out and sending them back decades. Contact with the colonies was lost and the people trapped on the planets were forced to find their own ways to survive. Each turning to different methods, using meager stores of genetic technology each planet's population were forced to change in whatever way suited their new life styles best. However the humans of Terra remained largely the same, save for their numbers drastically cut down and psychic abilities becoming somewhat common over the years. Now as Terra rediscovers space travel, their minds stretch out towards the stars, looking for the lost colonies and the faceless aliens who crushed their ancestors so long ago. But after so long, what will they find on the lost planets? Will their cousins see them as family or cut them down as aliens themselves? And even with their help, do they even stand a chance against the shadowy xenos who guard the wealth of space so jealously?

In the age where man has joined the multitude of other races who populate the stars, while peace is just a far flung concept, the many races managed to agree on a power structure that doesn't involve giant armadas facing off against each other and countless dead. Sadly this agreement was crafted by one of the most ancient of races who were a bit crazy, they created a system based on racing through courses set on different planets. Every dispute could be handled without loss of life, though the nature of these races did claim a life now and again. This would have been the ideal set up if not for the same ancient race. Known as Excellerons, even fifty galactic years they would host their own races, full of strange rules and even stranger race courses. Whatever species or person won this race would have the unquestioned support of the Excellerons, which could either grant great prosperity or great suffering. While the races are bitter and cutthroat, love and lust can bloom between different species and racers, though the impact of their desires could cost them fame and glory. The ultimate risk for the ultimate prize.

Aliens will always be curious about other species, but what happens when someone gets picked up for one of these experiments? No one knows their goals, wants or desires, only that they are clearly testing humanity for some reason or another. These changes are random, being anything from limb replacement to mutation. Some people think the aliens have poor genetics and are looking for ways to boost their population by mutating humans so they can birth hybrids that will be far stronger than their parents.

General Fantasy Settings

The world of magic and myth has existed alongside those of science and what humans would call 'reality'. They are carved up into many different realms, these planes can be easily traversed if a being knows how and it is quite common to have the different magical creatures doing so to interact with one another. Each plane or realm tends to have a single landscape, such as the Realm of Water being a near endless ocean with little land in sight. The sizes of each plane differs, but the smallest is about the size of Australia. In one such plain there exists a land of sparse forests, jungles and a few large lakes, all broken up by fields of tall grass, these plains stretch out as far as the eye can see. This realm is known as 'The Herd Lands' and is dominated by just about every mythic hoofed animal, they live in small tribes or herds and tend to stick to their own. Being that most are herbivores and prey species they are a bit xenophobic when it comes to other species, though the meat eating members tend to get a free pass from this scrutiny.

However they all live in a sort of peace, a few fights do break out but mostly over mating rights, there is more territory and food then any thousand horses could use up in a hundred life times. There are also other creatures that dwell here, unintelligent they are freely hunted by predatory equines and visitors alike. The list of myths found in the Herd Lands is expansive to say the leave, with unicorns who tend to keep to the rare forests, to the half-human centaurs who are the few in this realm that build buildings, mostly stables, to even hippogryphs. The lakes are home to kelpie and other aquatic hooves creatures, they rarely interact with their land cousins. Even undead and spectral equines can be found here, the list seems almost endless to say the least.

For one reason or another I have a fondness of Goblins, in many incarnations they are silly and fun-loving while being the race everyone looks down on. One theme they all tend to share is 'Goblin Luck' meaning that anything that can go wrong, will go wrong. This is more of a humor based story, of course romance and sex aren't off the table but this is more for fun than anything else. The formula is simple take a goblin and then pair him up with another race that will cause problems. For example, a cowardly goblin might caught the eye of a brave female orc warrior and the complications between the two would many anyone chuckle. Or going for the raw extreme in size, a goblin and a female ogre or troll, some sort of large bodied race that no small goblin should have any business being near. Of course goblins rub everyone the wrong way so simple culture clashes are easy, a goblin and an elf for example would be rather amusing. In general this is not a well thought out roleplay but one that just has general romantic-comedy overtones that could and should be put to good use.

Now, I've been lurking about long enough to see some common roleplay threads here and there, one of those in the this section are the classic dragonxhuman, normally with the dragon half of the relationship in power. I was thinking about it and figured it's something that could use a bit of role reversal. So the roleplay is that a young adult dragon, out on his home for the first time, looking to establish his/her territory runs afoul of some tricky little humans. They manage to capture the beast and bind it to a knight of the realms with a magic collar that forces the dragon to do it's master's bidding. The collar even allows the dragon to take a humanoid form that retains dragon traits so the steed may defend itself while serving in places a full-sized dragon would be unable to reach. The master can either be kind or cruel, befriending or enslaving the beast as they go forth and do the kings bidding. Now, I left the genders neutral in case any possible partner might want to play the dragon, a young female taken under the wing of a powerful armored man or if a roleplay partner prefers to be the knight herself and I the beast. Whatever the gender mix the role is the same, dragons might win sometimes but humans are adaptable and often find ways to bend other creatures to their will.

There lives a powerful and intelligent Alchemist who lives in a grand castle that was created from stone molded in one of these experiments in the dark science. For several years the Alchemist worked alone, nothing but golems, elementals, slimes and other man-made creatures for company. However one day the Alchemist realizes just how lonely the job really was and began to alter these creations, making them more humanoid and able to carry out certain functions until the Alchemist created a harem of constructs, it is unlikely any work ever got done after that point.

Monster Based Roleplays

The world used to be a normal place, our Earth continued down it's path towards technology. However, in the middle ages a witch discovered something, by using crystals or gems she could bind the soul of a normal animal to herself. Feeding off the energy of the human soul the linked animal could grow and change, evolving into something different. As this practice spread more and more humans linked themselves to animals, raising them up to be giant monsters, companions or guardians, whatever they needed. However some monsters were let go, when a master tired or was disappointed in the evolution of his/her animal, the master could sever the connection with the animal, freezing it in it's evolution and forcing it to fend for itself. In this manner a host of new creatures were formed, giant serpents, dragons, cockatrice. These creatures were no longer considered animals, they were monsters, having abilities and powers far beyond what they once were. One of the most common forms of mutation is becoming more human like, triggered because of the master's desire for their creatures to be smarter and more useful around the house. These new species lived in peace for a time, but each monster dreamed of the day he or she could be bonded to a human once more and continue their growth. What an animal turns into depends on many factors, from it's own desires to those of it's owner, what it eats and even it's habitat, all of these shape what a soul-bonded animal will become and even then they might change in ways no one will expect.

Because of this magic, technology has be halted largely in place, though man has found out how to create basic flint-lock pistols, he still relies mostly on soul-bound creatures to help in daily chores or protection. There are even arenas where these soul-bound are pitted against each other to demonstrate the strange abilities they might gain or their skill in battle. The rewards of these matches can be anything and while bloodshed is frowned on, it is largely over looked for the good of the sport.

In the depths of the ocean there exists a race of beings, once human they branched off from us in ancient times, they managed to tap into a strange power that warped their bodies and minds, becoming beasts of the deep. Some of them resemble humans, others take more from the aquatic life that lives around them. They would have gone on practicing their odd ways if not for some humans who were sensitive to the odd power that this mysterious people used. Forming cults and creating books on magic, these people tried and failed for hundreds of years to get in contact with the true masters of this power. Spells and methods to summon them were crafted, the how varied from student to student but the why remained the same, to gain more power. Most of these cults and clubs were weeded out over the years but their books and teachings remain, these days it is more likely to activate a spell simply by trying to read what looked like a harmless book then out of true hunger for power. What happens to the poor souls who manage to summon these monsters is unknown.

For hundreds of years they lived in the shadow of man, once these shapeshifters ruled the world and humans were their slaves however the many breeds of werebeast began to war with each other. They fought and slaughtered, entire species of werebeasts were wiped out, where once there used to be many only three remain. Werewolves, wereorcas and werebats, each claiming a different part of the world where the other two werebeast types would rather not live. The the northern icecaps and island nations belong to the wereorcas, werewolves firmly control north and south America while the werebats have a firm grip on the United Kingdoms and Asia. There are shattered remnants of the other species such as werecats, rats, bears and hyenas, though there are so few that they are no longer even considered a true species. If found out the three main were-races are obligated to kill off these survivors. The war has been toned down in the modern age for fear of human hunters going after them, but the werebeasts still fight for control of the world, each wishing to be the sole werebeast species and of course to have the most valuable resource to themselves, humans.

On dark hill lives a person shrouded in mystery, no one can even be sure if it is a man or a woman, just that The Doctor as it is known, creates monstrous horrors of science. Locked away in the lab, there are rumors of men and woman turned into raving monsters, creatures more animal than man or woman. However there are even darker rumors still about the shadowy Doctor's appetites, that he or she uses these creations to sate primal urges. All who know of this castle live in fear and not a soul go near for fear of being turned into the newest play-thing.

Created an account just to comment here... You seem quite interesting! Just let me get through reading all of your posts. ^^;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom