Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Fantasy of any kind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
OOC: I guess I was doing something wrong. The character profiles are now under the actual **Character Profiles** thread now. Sorry about that. Click here to go to the F.O.A.K profiles thread.

If you've already posted, please proceed to post there next time. :)
#NewbieProblems. ::

"This place is very crowded for being in the middle of the Hyxian Plains." thought Alex as she began her walk across the Tavern's wooden floor.

She kept her head down as she walked, and her shiney, platinum-coloured hair covered most of her face. She couldn't help but feel she was being stared at by a few men sitting at the bar. Was it Jeremy's katana that hung from her side? Hmm, perhaps.

She steadily took a seat at the very end of the bar, away from the creatures that were seated before her.

"Hmg." she grunted softly as the barmaid walked to her.

"Hello, dear. What can I get you?" The barmaid's smile was warm and welcoming.

"Blood and rum." Alex scoffed. Her voice was quiet, as she didn't want to be noticed by anyone.

"Right away, Miss." the barmaid grinned and began to walk away. She turned on her heel though, and blinked at Alex. "Oh, and Miss?"

"Yes? What is it?" Alex stared at her, her deep sapphire eyes boring into the barmaid.

"Your weapon, it isn't suppose to be allowed in here. . . ."

"I see. Well, this is my mate's, who fell in battle," Alex's voice was almost a growl. "If you'd like me to remove it, it'd be over my dead fxxking body."

The corner of the barmaid's mouth twitched before she nodded. "Yes Miss. Your drink will be right up."

"Good, thanks." Alex said quickly, turning away from the woman who quickly turned her back again to make the drink.

"Here you are, Miss." the barmaid purred softly to Alex. "That'll be 3 silver coins please, Miss."

"Yeah, whatever." Alex snapped, pushing the coins towards the woman. She quickly grabbed her drink and took a sip from it, her eyes boring into the barmaid yet again.

The barmaid's mouth's corner twitched yet again before she turned her back, leaving Alex to herself.

"Mmm. . . ." Alex murred to herself as she sniffed her drink, the smell of fresh blood filling her nose, making her senses tingle.

Kai wonders the Hyxian Plains in search of a place to rest. His eyes fall on a stone path leading up to a tavern. "Perfect!"
He rushes inside and barges in. The noise makes everyone inside jump and stare at him. He pants and shakes off the mud that covers his armor. He stops for a moment to take in the atmosphere, "Sorry, I don't mean to be noisy."

The people slowly turned their heads going back to their business. Kai sighed heavily and took a seat next to a woman. He glanced down and saw the sword she held. He raised his eyebrow then looked away, "Hey barmaid can I just get some water and whatever meat you have. I don't care what it is just make sure it's rare."

The barmaid nodded and prepared his order.

Kai glanced again at the sword. It was in good condition, very sleek and sharp. He was impressed with the quality and couldn't help but stare.

She hesitated a moment before deciding to say something.

"I guess wolves do smell." she chuckled softly, as if to herself. She then cleared her throat. "Sorry . . . ."

Alex sniffed the air a brief moment as she caught the smell of blood, which was probably coming from the raw meat the wolf next to her had ordered.

"Hmmg." she grunted, her stomach beginning to feel empty.

Kai's ear twitched at her words. "I'm not a good example for wolves. Wolves don't smell it's just me."

He ate his food quickly and returned his gaze on the sword. "That sword...I never seen anything like it. Is it yours?"

"My husband's." she murmured.

She looked down for a moment and cleared her throat. "Well, you certainly look like a wolf to me. Do you know what water is?" She quirked a brow.

"Sorry," she grunted, "I sound rude again."

"Are you really sorry or are you just going say something else that..." he stopped and his ears perked.
He turned his head to see a large group of shady people at the door whispering, occasionally glancing at his direction. They stop and head in his direction. As they approach they flash their weapons and at that moment the tavern clears out.
"Surround him." A large man wearing a red cloak orders his men as he draws his sword, "Come."
Kai gets out of his seat and looks at the men that surround him and the girl. He moves closer to the women and grins, "Mind if I borrow this?"
He grabs the sword from the women's waist and clashes with the man in the red cloak. Immediately the others follow his example and charge with their knives in hand.

"Well..." Kai starts as he pushes back the cloaked man, "...it's a long story."

One by one the men fall as Kai hacks away at their limbs. Blood splatters on his armor and his face. As he wipes it away one of the minions took the chance to stab his arm. Kai quickly takes the knife and slits his throat. "I'm assuming these guys are after my bounty."

The cloaked man grits his teeth as he watches his men fall. He growls in rage as he looks over at the chuckling girl, "You..."
He aims his sword at her throat and charges, "You think this is funny girl!"

"I do." Alex grins and quickly hops off the stool. She appears behind him and puts her hands on either side of his head.

"Shame on you for trying to pick on an innocent lady." she chuckles into his ear as a slightly-loud crack is heard as his neck twists sideways in one swift motion.

Alex releases the man and lets him fall to the floor. "Well now! My katana back, please?" Alex smiles at the wolf.

"So," she says softly as she begins to clean it off. "What bounty are you talking about?"

He looks over at the surviving men, "Well? Do you want to be covered in blood too?"

They drop their knives and ran out the door leaving the dead bodies behind.

Kai takes a cloth and wraps it around his wound. "I'm a runaway. That's pretty much the gist of it. Sorry about taking your sword with short notice. It cuts pretty well and easy to handle."

She laughs. "Well, I'd hate to be them. They'd miss out on all the fun. Being covered in blood sounds like a treat!" Alex grinned, showing off her fangs.

"A runaway, huh? You and me both, I suppose." Alex purred, taking a seat again. "I guess we both have things we're running from, as well."

Kai chuckles, "Is that so? I'm assuming you're a vampire right?"
He walks over the bodies and takes their valuables, "You're a runaway too huh? You don't seem like the type of person to do that, but I'm sure you have your reasons." he then kicks the bodies into a pile in the corner of the room. "By the way I'm Kai."

"I'm a vampire yes, but a unique one. And yes . . . reasons." she grunted.

"I'm Alex. It's nice to meet you, Kai." Alex smiles and nods her head.

"Anyway, yes. I'm more of a person who wonders. The reason I'm 'running' is still out there, but it's been a very long time now. We'll kill each other sometime. It all just depends on who dies first." Alex gave off a cocky grin, flashing her fangs once more.

Kai grunted, "I hope I don't have to kill you if it's not necessary. I'm tired of this damn war."

Kai placed some silver on the counter. "That should cover the meal." he turned toward Alex, "Do you live around here? Is there an inn I can stay at for the night?"

"I don't live anywhere," she sighed, "My home was burned. This war has been going on for thousands of years. Such a stupid reason it was started--I was there to witness it."

Alex rolled her eyes and stood up, slinging a leather pack around her back. She tossed a piece of gold onto the bar's counter top and began her stroll out the door. Alex held the door open for Kai, letting him go in front of her for a moment before moving to his side yet again.

"I think there's an Inn somewhere up the road--I don't quite remember, however."

Kai lowered his head slightly, "I'm sorry..it's all my fault.." he said quietly almost in a whisper.

He grabbed the hilt of his broadsword which revealed a broken blade, "I hope I can get my hands on a new weapon. Or at least find a blacksmith."

Kai walked over to a nearby guard, "Is there an inn nearby?"

"Yes," he said as he eyed the bloodstains on Kai's armor, "Um, it's just up the road past the gate, but it's off limits."

"Why?"

"Well there's some strange activity going on there. There have been complaints of weird noises coming from the building. We sent troops there to investigate, but no one has returned. That was weeks ago."

Kai turned towards Alex and smiled, "We can stay there for the night. Since you don't have anywhere to go either."

"Are you crazy?!" the guard shrieked, "You may never come back. We assume that they've been killed."

"Don't worry about us." Kai pushed the guard aside and kept walking.

As the guard watched them leave he put his hand on his belt. "Huh?" He looked down and gasped then started to frantically search for his sword. He looked back up and saw Kai putting a sword in his sheath and tossing the hilt of another, "H-Hey! That's my sword!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom