Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Whole New Problems (Queenofwolves + Blinkk)

DontxBlinkk

Supernova
Aiden Mcarthur wasn't exactly knew to the small city in northern New York state, but it had been a while since he had last been there. His family had moved away years earlier, father's business was the reason, according to every person in the town. The Mcarthur's were a doctoring couple; one a physician and the other a psychiatrist, who were well known throughout the town. But when New York City came calling, the couple packed up their family and vanished. For years, the family was out of the town. Their children, who had grown up in the small woods-sided town, adjusted quickly to the new life and even enjoyed it more than living in their small home town. The problem with this story? Two children left with their parents. Only one was returning.

And this happened over one hundred years ago.

Aiden Mcarthur was over one hundred and fifteen years old when he set up his plans to return to the sleepy village. That was long enough that anyone who could possibly remember him would have passed on. That was plenty of time for a whole new set of people to join the city. It was seemingly perfect for him. A chance to return and start over with a whole new group of people. Ones who never met him, never knew him and hopefully had never heard of him. The Mcarthur name was one thing, but Aiden doubted his first name was ever scrawled out in the records of the town. He was safe. Safe allowed him to enroll in the local high school, get an apartment and pay for it all without an issue. Safe was the ability to wander the streets of the town in the sun without a single singe on his skin. Safe was... nice. Aiden could get used to this 'safe' thing.

Sadly, the town wasn't ready for his version of safe. This version was one that allowed the blood sucking vampire to roam at night without an ounce of suspicion of who he was. Within two weeks of arriving at the small Eastern Lake town, Aiden had found a victim to feed on. He hadn't gotten carried away at all, and was rarely caught, so he had gotten slightly sloppy in his few moments of laziness. Instead of finding a secluded spot as he always had, the brown-haired man had pinned the woman to the wall of an alley, covered her mouth to silence her groans and sunk his teeth deep into her soft flesh and began to feed on the sweet, ruby liquid now dripping from her body.

Half of his attention was turned towards the entrance of the alley, although that was fading in favour of what he had standing in front of him. His guard was dropping with each second as he continued to lap at the blood, just waiting for him to get his fill.

Kenna Selente was headed home from work finally after a four hour shift. The hours weren’t so bad but the job sucked. She worked at the local movie theatre and her boss was an ass. He was constantly hitting on her and trying to grab her ass. She would quit but she wanted the extra cash. Her parents were gone for three months and she was home alone. They sent her money every month that was supposed to keep her healthy. The only downside was that the money only covered the necessities.

Kenna sighed and ran her hand through her long red hair. As she was walking, she shifted her backpack on her shoulder. It was dark out and she wanted to get home as soon as possible. New York wasn’t really the place to be walking alone at night. Even for a 17 year old, it was pretty dangerous. As she walked past an alley, she heard a strange sound. A frown formed on her lips as she tried to decide whether to check it out or not. The smart thing would be to go home and cuddle up with her romance book. Sadly, she had such a curious nature that she couldn’t’ help herself sometimes but to go explore.

Kenna didn’t have to go far down the alley to see what was going on. At first she thought it was just some guy and some woman getting it on. Then she could see some kind of red liquid dripping off the woman. The only reason she could even see that was due to the street light at the top of the building. It basically lit up the exact spot the man and woman were standing. As she looked closer, she saw he was on her neck. A gasp spilled out of her as she realized exactly what he was doing.

Kenna knew about vampires, or at least, the fictional ones. She never believed they truly existed. Yet there was no doubt in her mind that before her was a vampire. She tried to back away as quietly as possible, but managed to slip. With a plop on the ground, she jerked her head up to see the vampire. It took only a few seconds for her to get up and start running. Her small 5’0 frame was only able to be so quick, her cowboy boots made loud clapping sounds.

The sound of a gasp echoed through through Aiden's ears, drawing his attention away from the woman he was feeding from. His blood red eyes stared her down, meeting her gaze and challenging her to say a word, only to have her run away from the alley and back onto the main street. The area they were in had little to nothing going on in the area thankfully, which gave Aiden the perfect chance to run after her. Without a second thought, the man dropped the woman against the wall, letting her slip down to the cold, hard ground of the city. It wasn't something he enjoyed thinking about, just leaving people there after he fed from them, but it was needed in this case. Finding this mystery woman was far more important.

And so the hunt began. Kenna started down the street, running away from the scene of the crime like she herself had committed it. Aiden needed to catch up with her before he lost her. And within seconds, thanks to his swift, superhuman movements, the vampire caught Kenna by the shoulders and was dragging her into another alleyway of their own and slamming her against the wall.

"Dear, where are you going?" he asked, biting gently at his bottom lip. His teeth were normal by now, giving her no reason to suspect that anything she had just seen was true. "Running from a woman in need? What would your parents think?"

Kenna had rushed out from that like she had demons nipping at her heels. Vampires weren’t supposed to exist. Her novels were meant to be just novels, a pretend world to escape to. There was no doubt in her mind he wasn’t human. He was drinking from that woman, blood had been dripping down his chin. His red eyes drilled into her own brown ones and there was nothing human in them. She wasn’t stupid, she wasn’t going to scream. If she had taken the time to scream, she would have been dead fast. It worked better for her not to. There was more time to run without having screamed.

Kenna barely made it down the street. The moment she ran out onto it, she was scared. There was no one around. Normally, the street wasn’t that populated but for once, she wished at least one person was on it. Her goal was to get her ass home and then call the cops. She doubted they would have believed her but it was worth a try. She felt herself slam into the wall before her brain processed what just happened.

Kenna slid painfully down the side of the wall and looked up. There was the creature from the alley way, there was no doubt. Desperately, she pressed herself against the cold concrete. Her eyes darted around looking for a safe escape seeing none. He was talking to her like she hadn’t just witnessed him sucking from that woman. He was acting like there was absolutely nothing wrong it, so cold. She shook her head rapidly. “Please just let me go. I won’t tell anyone I swear. I didn’t see anything.” Somehow she doubted that would work.

Aiden's eyes flashed with rage. Not only had she seen it but now she was lying about it. The look of fear in her eyes told the blood sucker she wasn't planning on telling anyone, but part of her words didn't fool him. They were words of a desperate, frightened woman who would do anything to get out of the situation she now found herself in. They weren't true, they were barely even original. It was the same plead that Aiden heard every time. Women apparently hadn't changed since he left...

He sighed and leaned down, the look of anger leaving his eyes as he dropped down to her level. His fingers ran through her hair, eyes meeting her as he watched her, red eyes slowly dancing over the features of her face. "I can't believe you," he admitted, his touches as calm as a lover's. If Kenna was smart, she would be panicking even more now that he was acting so calm. "I want to. I really do. I want to let you go to live your life. But..." He sighed again, closing his eyes for a brief moment. When they opened again, there was a flash of rage before his hand tightened on a section of her hair, prepared to use it to pull her whichever way he wanted to. "You're lying to me. I can't let you get away."

Without warning, Aiden pulled the woman's head to the side, exposing her neck and went in for the kill. He was fully prepared to end her life right then and there, in the dark alley, but the sound of drunks on the street stopped him. He moved his hand from Kenna's red locks to her mouth, pressing her head against the brick wall behind her as his eyes darted towards the opening of the alley. A soft curse crossed his lips as he listened to the men wander towards the pair, eyes narrowing as they dared to come closer. This wasn't going to be pleasant if they found the two of them together like this. Certainly not if they found the second girl just down the street. Another curse. Aiden turned his gaze back to Kenna, eyeing her carefully before rolling his eyes and slamming her head into the wall behind her. It wasn't enough to kill her but just enough to knock her out. That was all he needed. Seconds later, the red head was up in his arms and he was leaving the alley, acting as if she had passed out on their way home after a late night visit to the bar. The drunks didn't know any better and even moved out of their way to let them pass.

Getting Kenna back to the apartment was an easy task compared to what might come in the near future. Knocking her out was the best move he could have made to get her there and as soon as he got back to his apartment, he set her in the first spare bedroom he could get to and pulled the door closed. The vampire drew in a slow breath, leaning against the wall beside the door as he regained himself for a moment, going through a quick run down of what had happened. So now he has a woman in his apartment. A red headed woman. Who knew his secret. Oh god, this could only end badly. With another breath in, he slowly began to release it, letting his eyes slide closed. He had until morning to deal with things around his home and work out the smaller details... and then the fun would begin.

((OCC: I'm not always the best at describing apartment layouts, so I included a picture. Hope you don't mind.))

Kenna couldn’t’ do anything but push herself back against the concrete harder. Realizing she didn’t like how vulnerable she felt on the ground, she tried to stand. She didn’t succeed, her hands were pressed against the ground beneath her, as if trying to meld into it. The rage, the anger she saw in this man’s, no creatures eyes terrified her. They were eyes of a murderer, a cold blooded uncaring killer.

Kenna didn’t feel any better when the vampire came down to her level. She felt more threatened by him if anything. As she felt him run his fingers through her hair, she felt a sense of foreboding. She was about to die by this vampires hands. Her parents wouldn’t even know till next month when they didn’t hear from her. His fingers were gentle as they ran over her face, as if she was a delicate flower. He was going to kill her. “Please.” She begged him with all that was inside of her. She didn’t want to die yet, she was only 17. She hadn’t even graduated high school yet. She wanted to at least get through to college before some crazy psycho killed her.
Kenna knew her end was coming when her head was thrust to the side. Pain rippled through her shoulder muscles. She took a deep breath as she watched him go to lean forward. Her eyes were squeezed closed and her hands formed into fists. She was too scared to fight back, too terrified to move. Just like that, her head was smacked against the wall and she met darkness.

Kenna groaned as she slowly woke up shifting in a soft bed. With a jerk, she sat up, pressing her hand to her screaming head. Touching the back of her head, she felt the bump that rested there. Looking around the foreign bedroom, she got panicked. Swiftly, she got off the bed and ran to the door. As she tried to jerk it open, it was locked. Just as terror had filled her earlier, rage filled her now. Instead of killing her, he brought her here. For what? A late night snack? With a scream, her fists began to rain on the door, her legs quickly following. The loud banging of her legs kicking at the door roared through the apartment. She didn’t know where they were but if they were anywhere near people, they were bound to hear an enraged girl. “Let me out you blood sucking mother fucker! Get me out of here right now!” Her screaming continued to rage on berating the vampire.

The sound of slamming fists against a door woke Aiden from his 'sleep'. He didn't really sleep, but more like laid down and closed his eyes. Time drifted by quite quickly when he did so which was close enough for his liking. Sleep was a waste of time anyway. For this napping session, the vampire had laid down on the plush couch set up in his living room, waiting for her to start moving even in the slightest. He was apparently deeper into his resting session than he had thought simply because it took her pounding to actually wake him up. His eyes slid open but he didn't move. Not yet. Kenna's cries and insults filled his ears before he groaned from the couch and bothered to stand up, making his way over towards the door only to stop a few inches away. He crossed his arms across his chest and stared at the door, cocking an eyebrow slightly in response, waiting for her to calm down at least a tad bit before he spoke.

"That's not how you should talk to me," he scolded from the other side of the door. "I didn't do anything to you. Just tucked you into bed." It was true, he hadn't touched the girl since they left the alley. She was a bit too frustrated to think of that sort of thing and Aiden knew that. "If you don't calm down, you won't be leaving that room. I only let good girls play in my home." Chances of that actually happening, even if she did behave, were slim, but the vampire could tease her all he wanted. And best of all, the sun was barely rising. He'd have all day to torment Kenna. "I swear, if you damage that door, it will come out of your hide." Or pay check. Point was, she'd be paying for it. Might as well play up the 'evil vampire' stereotype while he could.

Aiden leaned against the wall beside the door, waiting for her to respond, a bored expression crossing his features. This woman was going to be a handful. Maybe he should just kill her...

For a second, Aiden considered it. But he thought better about it when he realized what she could be used for. Everything, practically. And it had been ages since he had a woman living with him that he could simply use for his own purely selfish needs. He had to keep her alive for at least a little bit of time. Long enough to see how much fun she'll be.

Kenna refused to give up. She wanted to get the hell out of here and go home. This wasn’t exactly how she thought her day would end. It was supposed to end with her in her own bed sleeping. Instead she was waking up the next morning in a random room. Trapped in a random room, with a vampire ready to kill her. Finally, she was hitting a point of where her legs were getting tired and her arms. She could only bang on the door so much before her body was exhausted. No one was coming, if they were, they would have come already. Exhausted, she just leaned against the door.

Kenna jumped when she heard the voice through the door. Her hands twitched as he said he didn’t’ do anything to her. She had a bump on her head that proved he did, he also tried to kill her. “Good girls? Good girls? Are you kidding me? Get me out of this room and let me go home you psycho!” If she was going to die anyways, she might as well say her piece. “Fuck your stupid door.” With anger, she kicked it hard again.

Kenna had enough with the stupidity and went to sit on the bed with a huff. Her head was beginning to ache and she was tired. Impatiently, she would wait for him to come in and finish her off. Till than she could dream about getting out and going home.

Back
Top Bottom