Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Quitting.

Quitter

Moon
Hi,

This is the first in a long line of firsts for me. It's the first (semi?)public blog-journal thing I've ever done. I've done stream-of-conciousness stuff before and a lot of writing, but it's always been secreted away because people can't judge what they can't find, right?

So yeah, time to change it up a little and try to come out of my shell somewhat.

Oh the name - that's sort of relevant too. Today's the first day I'll quit a job without having another to go to. I don't really have any plans, but I have a lot of goals. None of those goals involve a four hour round trip to stare at spreadsheets for eight hours, with a break in the middle to find something to jam into my maw and remind me I'm actually a human.

Nah, fuck that.

As the website reminds me though ("Welcome back, Quitter") I've got a bit of a habit of abandoning things after I start them. Like going to the gym, eating right, sleeping right, studying, learning that damn guitar. So I'm quitting quitting too. I'm going to quit caring about what other people want for a little while and deal with my own shit for a few months.

That's where this site comes in - I'm not here to soak up sympathy from strangers halfway across the world. I'm here to try and figure out what makes me tick. To push my boundaries a little. To commit to something because it's fun, not because it pays or because I get a certificate at the end.

I'll be posting here a bit, maybe once a week or maybe twice a day if I've got anything relevant to say. I probably won't have much relevant to say that often, but when I do, you'll know.

Unless I quit.

Back
Top Bottom