Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

IMPORTANT! - REGARDING MOBILE DEVICES, ETC. AND BAN STATEMENTS

darkangel76

.:The Vampiric Fae:.
Supporter
We are in an age of technological breakthroughs, where mobile devices tend to be one of the more highly used means for us to 'get connected' these days. This is wonderful not to mention convenient, but like all things wonderful, it comes with its cons.

That said, anyone who does happen to use a mobile device (or even go elsewhere on occasion to 'get connected') to log on to the site and then gets that dreadful message: You are banned!

BUT..... from your knowledge, you shouldn't be banned. You've done nothing wrong, you've never received notification of any bad behaviors, etc. THEN..... more than likely, you truly are NOT banned and it's a result of you just being on your mobile device.

There are only TWO reasons anyone on site will get banned without a warning.
1) jailbait (reason will pop up in the ban statement)
2) spammer (account is typically deleted)

So, unless you fall into those categories, you WILL go through a process of notifications and warnings and interactions with staff PRIOR to just getting banned. Given that, should this occur to you and you are on your mobile device, the best course of action is to move locations and/or try again later.

Thanks so much and I wish we had a better means of working around this bit of technological breakthrough.

Mmmmm...will this be temporal? Also, should you be banned, will the staff get notified that the person has been banned and will un-ban the person? I ask you because I mostly browse this site through my mobile.

Staff won't know it happens, only the member as they try to log in. It has purely to do with location and connection, not the actual account. So, your account is NOT banned or in question or anything of that sort. What can occasionally happen--and it has been rare thus far--is that peoples' accounts can get caught in the crossfire of others that have received bans on varying levels. If this occurs, then you sort of become an unfortunate victim due to proximity, nothing more. So, again, it's not the account that is in question. You can thank all the spammers and repeat ban evaders for causing these troubles because it is they who cause us to have to go to higher levels of security at ensuring they do not come back and this unfortunately can screw over the innocent thanks to how mobile technology currently works. That's about it really.

43804891.jpg

Anyways, thanks for making it more clear for me DA. Just worried about it, but sadly there are still those pesky spammers who just ruin these forums with this kind of stuff.

I actually just sent the admin a message....because I couldn't get to this forum because of the "ban." Just want to let people know...if you are using a proxy server because you happen to be in a country or place that you need a VPN to get onto your sites, this can happen on some of the proxy servers as well (just happened to me on my computer, and I finally switched proxy servers and bam! Suddenly not banned anymore.

Back
Top Bottom