Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Love Sucks (Mercenary+Shani)

"That's completely different! Stealing an apple is much worse than stealing a life! Children don't go in killing sprees! Nor do the turn others into monsters! I tell that newborn vampire and if he or she didn't get it, and began killing, I'd kill them. Vampires are a disease!" Jacques yelled back at her, his voice getting higher as he went along.

"No it's not! It's the same concept! They are doing it to survive! No but if they are not taught Th! right from wrong they very well could grow up to be killers! That's not how it works! They don't mean to fully drain their kill, they want the pain to stop!" She yelled back at him she was appalled by his last sentence, standing there blinking at him a look of sadness and anger on her doll like face.Saine used her inhuman speed going to her chambers looking at him once more before slamming the door closed.

Jacques would have snapped back again had she not left suddenly. He glared at Satine as she left, muttering as he walked to his own room. He sat down on the bed, sighing. He was going to get kicked out for sure. Jacques started packing up his things. He might leave himself if she didn't kick him out.

Satine went into her chambers who did this mortal think he was, he was no saint, either he killed as much as any vampire did. In her eyes it was mainly for sport, they didn't use anything from the body that they killed. She hadn't been this angry in years, normally not getting so upset or angry keeping to herself, why was this human any different from any other she came in contact with? Satine didn't appreciate being called a disease, when taught properly taught they could control it, she didn't turn people she fed from. Maybe it was true...though she was in control of things maybe she would be no more than a monster...who could never die, well that wasn't 100% true...She could step out into the sunlight burning herself, lighting herself on fire or shoot/stab something threw her heart....maybe that was just the answer Satine was having a hard enough time adapting to the new times. Satine sat on her bed meditating, as she did so she began to float.

Jacques packed his few belongs and laid then by the bed. He kept the hear put though, and put it on. Jacques loaded his weapon and prepped himself. He left a note on his door that said he was gone, and would be back late. If at all. Jacques thought to himself as he headed out the door, going towards the church.

After Satine regained her thoughts through meditation, relating feeling bad about some of the things that she had said, gained he also didn't say many polite things either. Satine heard the door open and shut, she hurried out f her room and saw his note. If he returned she'd hold off but if he didn't this would be her last night in the earth. She left heading out to the cemetery wearing her red dress and a black traveling cloak.

As Jacques entered the church, he heard to boys talking and what sounded like whimpering as he went towards the back, he saw what was happening. There where two vampires that seemed young, and a girl who he couldn't tell if she was a vampire. But vampire or not, it was apparent she didn't want to be there. And as Jacques got a closer look, he could see why. The vampires began groping the young girl against her will as one began to pull his pants off. Jacques didn't let them go any farther. He sprang out, fire his weapon with expert precision. The bullets quickly killed the vampires without leaving a scratch on the girl. "It's alright now. You're safe." Jacques told the teenager with as much reassurance as he could manage. Little did he know, it was far from the truth.

The vampires he had killed weren't the only ones there. Three more jumped out from above, coming down at him. Jacques whipped out his pistol and opened fire, killing one of the attackers and wounding another. The third landed infront of him, slashing across his face. The nail was sharp, cutting through his mask and skin. But Jacques quickly retaliated, kicking the vampire away. The girl ran one towards the exit, and the wounded vampire went after her, but Jacques gunned him down. This gave time for the last vampire to get to his feet and attack, lunging at Jacques, who got tackled to the ground. "Isn't it ironic, hunter? The you're about to be turned into your enemy?" The vampire hissed as he bared his fangs. "Not today, parasite." Jacques growled. As the vampire came down at him with his fangs, Jacques thrust his knife up through the vampire's chest, piercing his heart, moments before the gangs reached his neck. The vampire lurched over, grasping at the knife, but died before he could even pull it out, collapsing on the ground.

The girl had run away, back to wherever she had been kidnapped from. Jacques walked over, pulling out his knife before heading back to the house, walking painfully. Finally, he teaches the door, knocking a few times before laying down. The vampire had slashed at his stomach when he lunged, and Hacques was holding the bleeding area below his chest, not worried about the smaller cut on his face.

Satine stayed and guarded her cemetery not wanting to rush back to reality her realm was safe at least it once was. Looking up towards the sky wondering how long till sunrise. Debating whether she wanted to go home yet or not. Saying good night to the dead walking home, putting her hood up as she walked. She saw a figure laying on her door step. Satine hurried to the figure noticing it was Jacques, "Goodness are you alright!?" She asked kneeling down besides him, not sure exactly where he was injuries so she wasn't sure if she should move him or what she needed to do to help him.

"No, not really." he huffed, coupling a bit. He moved his hand off of his stomach, revealing a large gash. Both the middle of his shirt and some of the side of his mask were stained red with blood. That's when Jacques realized that the large amount of blood could be very tempting to Satine, and he was just about defenseless against her. And he hadn't really left on a good note with her. Jacques liked up into her eyes, trying to see what was going through her head.

The smell of his blood was very tempting to very tempting to Satine, only having drank animal blood, she could smell the vitamins and nutrients with the sweet red liquid. Her eyes went to look at his stomach seeing the gash there,and the one on his face as the grey mask turned red. Her eye's met his looking at him. She crouched gently putting her arms under him going to lift him up and carry him inside. Once she had him in her arms she quickly made it up to his room opening the door laying him down going into the bathroom to grab her first aid kit. When she got back to him, she lifted his shirt and started to soak up the blood taking a needle and attaching it to the stitches, "Do you trust me?" She asked as her fangs extended. She didn't want him to feel pain and an infection was forming in his gut and that was the only way she new how to remove it.

Jacques let her carry him, thinking he could trust her. When she asked if he trusted her, he turned to her, watching her extend her gang. "As long as you don't bite me. I can take the pain. I've had worse. I can take the pain." Javques told her as sternly as he could, glaring into her eyes. However much he trusted her, he wasn't getting bitten by a vampire.

Satine didn't think anything of carrying him with her strength, she waited for his answer, not getting the one she expected. "Jacques...you have an infection...I need to remove it...plus it will help you heal...it won't turn you..." She tried to reassure him only trying to do what she thought best. If he really didn't want her to she wouldn't but it would help him.

"No." he told her. "I made a promise...to my dad...and I'm going to keep it." Jacques told her, his head rolling back to face the ceiling. His eyes flickered, slowly shutting. Jacques went unconscious.

Satine's fangs stayed out but she started to stitch and clean him up bandaging him. Lifting part of the mask she cleaned it and wrapped it putting the mask back. Once done she threw herself back away from him, getting up to leave needed to hop in the shower to get his blood off of her.

Being unconscious, Jacques wasn't even aware of the painful stitching. He woke back up only a couple minutes later. Jacques shot up, an immense pain shooting through his from his middle. He fit up nonetheless, walking out. His hand checked his neck, and Jacques was glad to find that she had not bit him. He only then noticed he was also shirtless. Jacques had several other scars to accompany this newly forming one. "Satine?" Jacques called out, wondering where she was. He could here the faint noise of running water. "Are you in the shower?" he called out again, walking out into the hallway.

Satine was having a trying time with the blood on her hands and body wanting desperately to lick at it. Keeping her focus having the warm water going. Slipping out of her dress and into the shower taking her soap and scrubbing trying to get the blood off from her. Her crimson curls falling flat in the shower, the water running down her pale body. Splashing the water on her face gathering her senses together. Though the water disoriented her hearing she could hear his footsteps and him calling to her. Sticking her head out of the curtain "Yes, I'm in the shower! Be out in a minute." She called out to him.

"Alright. I'll be in my room!" Jacques called back to her before walking back to his room. He kept his shirt off, not wanting to just get more blood in a clean shirt. Jacques also pulled his mask off, his short brown hair slightly messy from the mask. She had saved his luge, she at least subserved to see what he looked like. That's what he decided. And if she came in, she would see. His face was rigged but handsome, and clean shaven.

"Alright..." She called back to him. Finishing up in the shower, Satine turned off the water and began to towel dry. Realizing she didn't bring her a change of clothes. Wrapping herself in a black bath robe putting lavender and vanilla in her pocket so it would distract her from the smell of his blood. Tying her robe closed she when to his room knocking before entering, but then going inside to see him with out his mask, "Oh...I'm sorry..." She turned her head away knowing he didn't like to be seen without it. "How are you feeling? She asked keeping her head turned not sure if he had intended to have her see him, but what she did see was that he was handsome.

"No, Satine. It's alright. Turn around, you can look. I'm not that ugly." Jacques told her, smiling a little. " And I'll say this, I've had worse." he told her. "I think we maybe should talk more. But if you want to go put some clothes on, maybe you should. I'd just like to say I'm sorry, for what I said. I was mostly wrong. And I'd just like to let you know that, well, you're the best thing that's happened to me in a long time." He said honestly, smiling at her.

When he said she could turn around she did, taking in his face now able to see it without the mask. She smiled and laughed softly, "That's not why I turned away." She spoke gently. "I hope you're not in too much pain..." Listening to him speak, then looking at herself, clothes would be nice. "Apologies accepted Jacques...and I'm also sorry...I guess I get a little offended easily." She replied it wasn't all him. Then blinking at him, "You've only just met me...how could I be the best thing?" She asked curiously..."Wait hold that thought." using her Vampire speed Satine was gone in a flash and back wearing a black night gown and a silk robe that matched, keeping her scent mix in her bra to keep her focus. "..back." She said smiling softly. "I do have a question for you...You were injured I'm guessing you were in town closer to a doctor why travel all the way back to my house?" She asked him curiously.

Jacques stated at her as she returned. That didn't seem like more clothes. If anything, it seemed like less. But he didn't bring it up and tried to keep his eyes in her face instead if her body. "Because doctor's ask too many questions." Jacques told her with a smirk. "But don't worry, I'm fine." he said. "And I'd just like to say that I may not have known you for fat long, but my life hadn't exactly been a pleasure cruise. I guess what I needed was a friend." he told her, looking at her still. She was beautiful, he couldn't deny it. And he enjoyed Satine, personality and complexion.

Satine's night dress went to her ankles a robe covering her body, plus her under garments instead of being completely nude under her robe. " All you would've had to say was you were mugged and attacked by your assailants...but either way you came back..." She said then listened to his words, "I understand...I guess I'm not such a monster after all?" She stated softly. "I'll be you're friend...so long as you would mind being friends with a diseased monster." She stated teasing slightly from his earlier words. Reaching into her robe she pulled out her scent pouch holding it closer to her nose, the room smelled of blood.

"Hey, if that diseased monster was you, I'd definitely be friends with it. But you're not diseased, or a monster. You're amazing." Jacques told her, looking up at her with a smile. But he was disappointing in himself that he couldn't tell her what he wanted to so badly. Maybe it was good, though. Maybe he would have been rushing it. But it certainly didn't feel good.

She smiled at him, though Technically she was one of "them" but she wasn't going to push it. "Thank you..." She replied smiling softly. Looking down at the stitches, "You'll need to be careful...it'll get infected you have one forming...So you'll have to go see a doctor about it...may I ask what promise did you make to you're father?" She asked curiously knowing she might be treading in dangerous water wanting to understand.

"Well, you might as well know." Jacques said, sighing. "I promised him that if I ever got bitten by a vampire, and kill the vampire, then myself." He told her, sighing. "And I really would rather not do either of those things." Jacques said, looking back up at her.

Back
Top Bottom