Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Lady in Waiting (Lady Bloody Ava & Greeneyed23)

Rose smiled and blushed as her loving husband questioned her about their unborn child. "We're fine and..." She looked Rallon in the eyes with a warm smile,"...maybe she's having a brother? We're not entirely sure. What is one baby boy to do with so many aunts? What would you do, for that matter, if we had a girl?."

With so many sisters it would be adorable if Rallon had a son. Then again, Rallon would dote upon his daughter more than he does Rose, if that were even possible. The though of a child had Rose smiling so much that her cheeks would hurt, on occasion. "The length of this pregnancy is almost as agonizing as when I had to wait for you to return."

She was glowing radiantly and she just couldn't stop smiling. "Rallon, we have a goal, to achieve. Are we closer to achieving said goal?" She wanted to get home. Home with her family. The girls, cousins, and all.

Her eyes looked at his chest as another thought came to mind as they danced. "I do feel useless in this whole scheme, I will admit." What could she do for Marion?

He smiled. "It's a girl. I have a feeling. When our son comes he will just have to learn to cope with his sisters and aunts. As for me I would love and cherish her as I do her mother and her sister."

He rolled his eyes. "Darling it's only nine months. i was gone for years."

He flicked his eyes toward the crowd, then looked back at her, winking playfully. "We are doing quite well. Tia and Fisher are checking the inventory even as we speak." He gave her a turn showing her that the two vanished without a trace, the girls serving to distract everyone else even more fully now.

"Patience my love. You have much work ahead despite all concerns. Especially in protecting the lives entrusted to us. Now my love you msut excuse me. I need to speak with John."

He kissed her, then gracefully left her beside the Queen who was still oing mad for Cynthia who gave a drawn out cry looking at her mother.

The Queen cocked her head prettily. "What is she saying Rose?"

Cynthia gazed up at her, so clearly bored it was almost painful. She had never liked parties, hated crowds (they always stepped on her tail), and o course she utterly despised John and his toadies. She moved to her mother and snuggled into her hand, watching the Queen, unsure whether to trust her here. Cynthia looked at her mother for her word on the matter.

They would find out, in due time, but Rose had a gut feeling that Rallon was right. A baby girl was what she was carrying, or that was what she felt. It was reassuring that thing were going well. After sharing a loving kiss, she watched as her husband walked off. The sound of her fuzzy butt daughter caught her attention and she could read the plea in her eyes. A comforting smile danced across her lips as she caressed Cynthia behind the ear and kissed her on her muzzle.

"Her Majesty is quite smitten with you and she is sweet and... I think she may feel the same way about Prince John like we do." She spoke this loud enough for Her Majesty to hear and when the canine's perked up and she nudged the Queen's hand in content. Rose laughed with Her Majesty and they went on to talk about Rose's unborn child.

Little did she know that there was a woman prowling. Lady Fiona daughter of the Duke and Duchess of Gloucester. The long auburn haired woman with the soft skin and the revealing light blue dress had eyes on the Lord of York since she heard rumors of the man. A man of power was always nice, and he was very easy on the eyes, but the real treat was having a man that would let her freely do as she pleased and dote upon her.

Fiona Burgess was a calm and calculating woman. Fiona wanted what Rose had, but unlike Lilah and Jessica, she was willing to play dirty. Being the only child, she was use to getting what she wanted, but when her parents started speaking of picking a suitor for her, he was not having it. Most were too old, overbearing, or barely held power. The Lord of York, Rallon Granger, said to be a powerful, handsome, kind, rich, and sexually voracious man.

Trying to get rid of The Lady Rose was asking for a swift death. Working her way into Rallon's good grace was certainly on the top of her list of things to do.

Fiona would have a number of obstacles however.

First of all Rallon was quickly gaining a reputation amongst the ladies of the land that would worry even the most arrogant of their number. He was always polite and kind, but he never once seemed even remotely concerned with their looks. Women of incredible beauty, often dressed so provactively that whole rooms would go silent could not hold his attention even for a moment. It was well known that only Rose and the Queen were worthy enough of his attention to hold it, and it was more than clear that he gave what he did to the Queen out of respect rather than any for of interest in her sex.

Further were the two ladies that had once vied for his heart. They had learned their lesson, and the protective measures the Lord of York gave them had so touched them they took it upon themselves to serve as a shield between him and any ladies who would attempt to sway his affections, though they were well aware Rose was Rallon's one and only. Still they were well aware of how angry he got when women disrespected Rose, and did not think it would be wise for Rallon to kill the noble girls.

Lastly Rallon had his ten sisters and beloved Cynthia. They despised all the women who looked at Rallon so openly and lustfully, and marked each one carefully. Cynthia herself was well aware of Fiona, but as Rallon had drawn John aside to a private alcove with guards in the way, the little slattern couldn't reach the dog's father, so she stayed close to her mother, and kept a watchful eye on the girl, and her daddy.

As for John Rallon was cusy distracting him and alerting him to a number of violent raids on the roads surrounding the city and advising him to double the guard, giving John the markers of the fools that had attacked them on the way here, and also some other markers that he and Fisher had carefully constructed to sell the tale.

John was loathe to do anything that Rallon suggested but of course he had a duty to protect his guests so he gave the order, then insisted on speaking to Rallon about a number of potential loans and taxes, growing more and more frustrated each time Rallon made it clear that he would not pay or supply the funds, nor would he allow John to force the people of the land to do so unlawfully, especially as John insane taxes had already nearly stripped the land bare.

That it was also only making the market in York stronger and richer Rallon did not mention, but as they had the best quality but at Rallon's order also incredibly low prices, the market was simply booming. Of course Rallon had his own hand in and was making tremendous profits for himself, Rose, their children, and each of his sister's and even Lilah and Jessica.

John did not know this but he could hear how every noble present were making plans to go to the North to visit Rose and Rallon, and of course the markets, both to sell and buy. York was threatening to become the center of the nation, and John for all his chicanery, couldn't think of a way around it, as the market was fully authorized and of course Rallon would never let anyone near the documents that allowed this.

John smiled sweetly at Rallon. "So.... have you heard any news about my brother? He's still imprisoned. Should you have not helped your king rather than deserting?"

Rallon smiled back just as sweetly. "Didn't desert. The fighting was over. Came home. And i will point out that I was just a soldier. Obeying orders. Getting kings out dungeons, especially when related to them,. sounds much more like the duty of a regent. Wouldn't you say? Pardon me Your Highness. I must attend to a matter."

He bowed respectfully then walked out of the circle of guards, going towards three of his sisters who were getting into a shouting match with a rude little duke who had groped all three of them. Rallon had instructed all of them to take none of it. They were not to be treated like meat on display, but to respect themselves and demand respect from others. But considering that the little duke was insulting them in return and the girls were making talons with their hands, he felt they might need to be cut off before the little fool was.

Rose was sharing a laugh with Her Majesty when she noticed a commotion that involved the girls and a young male noble. The Lady of York stood up from her chair just in time to see Rallon make his way onto the scene. His presence eased her worry, but she would hear about it from the girls later on. "They will be fine." The Queen, having clearly noticed the woman's distress, reassured her. "I'd swear you were their mother, the way to take care of them."

Rose took that as nothing short of a compliment. "I could never replace their mother. She was an amazing woman." Warm eyes watched Thea mingling among the crowd. Rose watched Thea grow up more and more and it was hard to see the scared young child that quivered at her doorstep that one heinous and horrific night.

Fiona mingled among the crowd, well aware of the movements of her prey. Like a black widow, playing with her food. Though the dense crowd she made her way with a glass of fine wine in one hand. Along the way she casually commingled, blending in before getting closer. Her elbow threatened to brush his when she waited for another person to walk by before she 'stumbled' and the content ofher glass splashed upon her bountiful bosoms and the arm of the Lord of York.

"Oh Lord Granger, I am so so sorry. I am such a clutz, please... allow me." To others she looked frazzled and genuinely surprised, embarrassed, and concerned. The woman took a handkerchief from up her sleeve and tried to casually clean the droplets from the handsome man's attire. This was a step to mere get him to see her. Just that... for now. Afterall, who would not notice gorgeous and mysterious woman having spilled her wine upon such fine attire?

Rose stood up from her chair once more. "If you will excuse me your Majesty, my husband seems to be in the middle of something." She laughed. If it wasn't one thing with his clothes, it was another.

The woman learned something about Rallon that perhaps only his bride and Cynthia knew then. While his skills in combat were legend, and his physical prowess was impeccable, his powerful body displayed even in his most modest clothing, he possessed two abilities that had ensured his success in battle and survival in life far more than anything else. He could sense when people were near him, and he was incredibly quick.

When the woman 'stumbled' he had moved aside so the wine would not hit him the face or chest, and as she reached out for him he pulled away not looking at her at all, his lip curled in disgust and annoyance. Before she had finished her first ploy he had already pulled away from her, ignoring the murmurs at his behavior, the attendees stunned that not only would ignore such an incident, but also the woman who caused it.

He turned his back on Fiona and snapped his fingers. Cynthia was by her father's side in a moment, watching Fiona and warning her off with a silent snarl. Rallon took a proffered rag from a servant and wiped away the wine, then went to his sisters who were now watching him nervously. He moved into their center to discuss the incident with the duke, so the girls agreed telling him what had happened, and forming a circle around him with Cynthia so Fiona couldn't get to him.

A duchess stopped Rose. "Your husband seems most upset. Lady Fiona tried to apologize. he need not be so grumpy."

Thea appeared by Rose as if by magic. 'She threw her wine on my brother! That's too rude for an apology!"

The duchess sniffed. "Children should be seen not heard."

Thea sniffed with equal dignity. "And silly old cows like you should be at home eating hay not stinking up palaces!"

Rallon gripped his sister's arm. He did not remonstrate her for her words but she did fall silent. His sudden appearance startled the duchess so badly she went quite pale. Thea looked up at her brother who scowled at her. She sighed.

She slipped free and curtsied to the duchess. "I apologize for my rudeness m'lady." She turned and grabbed Rallon's hand leading him back to her sisters.

Everyone was now staring at Rallon in awe. How had he moved like that? Like the wind?

The Queen touched Rose's elbow and whispered. "Is your husband part ghost?" She noted how the girls crowded around Rallon, making an impenetrable circle, all ten sisters, and now Lilah and Jessica joining them, the four courting ladies bringing their men along so Rallon was shielded from all. Rallon began to chat with the men as if nothing had happened and slowly the music resumed and the party continued.

Rose was startled by the duchess' comment of children being seen and not hear, but Thea's reply had the Lady of York struggling to hold back a laugh. As rude as it was she wanted to hug Thea and congratulate her on making the pregnant Rose laugh. A lax smile sat upon her lips as Her Majesty caught her attention. "You would think, wouldn't you?" Soft pink lips replied.

She watched as her husband was surrounded by family and a soft sigh escaped her lips. A hand came to rest over her womb. "Please, excuse me." The Queen nodded and Rose walked her way over to the nearest chair and took a deep breath. There was a tad bit of pain bothering her, but her nurses told her before that it was just the baby growing and her insides shifting to make room.

She found herself not really enjoying the crowd and her shoes were getting a tad uncomfortable, but the Lady of York was trying to do her best. Noblemen were approaching Rose and holding a conversation with her. They offered her drinks that she repeatedly turned down. Rose took it to her advantage to charm money out of a few to go towards better causes. Already the ball had lasted long enough that some tongues were loose, as well was their pockets.

Rose was not alone long. The moment he could get free Rallon was by her side, crouching by her chair, his hand in her's.

"Is everything alright my love? Should we go?"

Cynthia joined her parents by slithering under her mother's feet and letting herself serve as a footstool and a very soft heating pad for her feet and ankles.

Thea and the girls looked on as well. One nobleman stepped forward. "Lord Granger is your wife well?"

Rallon didn't have the answer and did not reply so the nobleman asked. "I've heard of a number of groups of need of charity. Who would yous uggest?"

Rallon shrugged. "Rose is the expert in all things kind and right. My moral guide. Let her suggest."

Another noble, much drunker and clearly in the mood to cause trouble, staggered forward, knocking into the first man. "So it's true that you cower behind your wife's skirts Lord Granger?"

The room tensed but Rallon just laughed. "Of course not. I have never hidden behind my wife. But I trust her kind and good heart in all things. She truly is my better haf."

The crowd once again was stunned by Rallon and several of Fiona's friends asked her just what was it about Rose that had drawn such a man. Rallon seemed to hear this as he looked at the girls in question.

"You are mistaken. I am not the wonder here. I am but a warrior, husband, and father. Rose is the woman. You should ask how such a wonder came to choose me as her husband. I know I do. And I thank God everyday for it."

The Queen smiled at this as an uncomfortable tremor went through the crowd and called for a toast. "To the Lord and Lady Granger of York. An example of beauty and love for the ages. A long and happy life for you both in your years together. ANd may those years be many and filled with joy." Everyone drank then moved away as Tia entered the room looking worried.

She curtsied before her mistress then spoke. "My Lady...I need to speak with you and My Lord in the garden if possible. There has been some trouble with some of the retinue. Captain Fisher is unable to come just now."

Rallon nodded and touched Rose's hand reassuringly.

Rose shook her head in response to her husband's question with a reassuring smile. Cynthia was doing an excellent join in aiding her mother with her aching feet, and before Rose could speak a noblemen approached her dear husband.

Of course Rose blushed at Rallon's words. As the second man approached a look of pure indignation sat upon her pretty face. To even suggest that her husband would do such a thing nearly had her standing and throwing a few choice words at the man.

Rose heard the whispers of the women, but paid them no mind, however Rallon had some words for them.

"I love you Rallon Granger." Rose smiled and felt a wave of warmth engulf her being.

She was, truly, the luckiest woman in the world. Rose was flattered by the toast,but the moment Tia entered the room, Rose noticed that something was wrong. "Of course Tia." With the aide of her charming husband she stood upon her feet and walked hand in hand with her husband to the garden. "Tia..." Rose awaited to hear the news on pins and needles.

Rallon lead her out to the garden, dodging all questions and attempted distractions, then helped Rose sit in a comfortable garden chair, while Cynthia slithered under her feet, even reaching back to gingerly pull her mother's shoes off.

Rallon kissed her temple then moved to check the area. "Cynthia careful scents." She yowled, ruffled her fur, then licked her mother's leg.

Rallon grabbed two more chairs, making Tia sit in one first, then sat by his wife, stealing a foot from his daughter to begin rubbing it, his rough hands carefully gentle on her sore ankle especially.

Tia smirked at Rallon immediate care for his wife. "You set a fine example My Lord. Fisher often does the same for me."

Rallon nodded. "A good fellow Fisher. Even Cynthia likes him." The dog yawned at her father's teasing, her nose moving about as she searched for troublesome scents. "Now what is the trouble Tia?"

"My Lord we have found our lost luggage. But will need more help in retrieving it. It was stolen by fifteen bandits."

Rallon closed his eyes and unconsciously popped Rose's toes by bending them back and forth, smirking as he heard the nose, then opening his eyes and studying Rose's big toe. "Cynthia go get the girls. All of them. Your aunts and my cousins."

Cynthia obeyed as Rallon drew Rose's other foot into his lap for gentle care as well. he did not speak as he worked, still studying Rose's big toe for some reason. When the girls arrived they spread around the trio in a circle. Rallon nodded as Cynthia slithered back in place, this time laying her head in Rose's lap,m nuzzling against her belly. Rallon spoke very softly. "Alright girls. I wnat you all to get very tired. We are returning to our rooms." He pointed at the eldest two and the cousins. "You four will attend to Rose. She needs rest." he held a hand before they could argue, then pointed at thea. "When i dismiss you go tell Her Majesty that you have left. That includes me. i am seeing that Rose is off to bed."

Jessica spoke just as softly. "But you aren't are you?"

"Better you not know just in case. Tia where is FFisher?"

"Awaiting your orders at the bandit's base My Lord."

"Good. Take Rose and the girls to our rooms. No one gets near them. i want everyone to get plenty of rest. Thea go. ladies go make your farewells then hurry back. Cynthia you stay with your mother." She huffed but sighed snuggling closer to Rose. Rallon smiled , put Rose's shoes back on her feet then set them down before standing.. he cupped Rose's face in both hands and kissed her before whispering. "Marian will be with us before breakfast. i need you to cover for us my love. And don't stab the little girl with the wine and ideas." he chuckled, kissed her again, then vanished into the darkness of the garden without a sound.

Tia stood. "If you wish we can head back to the rooms now milady. The girls will find us. You do need your rest. Being a mother is very tiring." She beamed at her Mistress proudly, hinting at possibilities in her own future.

Rallon's attentive comforting nature as he escorted and sat her down and gifted her a kiss. Rose smiled and pressed a is to her fuzzy child's head before Cynthia went and did as her father had ordered. While Rallon continued to tend to her feet and she blushed lightly.

"They are both amazing men." She agreed with her husband. Cynthia didn't even like everyone that her father liked. She had her suspicions, but Fisher was undoubtedly trusted by their fuzzy daughter.

Rose listened with intent as Tia spoke and when Rallon began popping her toes, she was surprised, but then she was surprised at the comfort after each one. She listened to her beloved husband as he ordered Cynthia to round up the girls.

When the girl's appeared, Rose's comfort was written allover her face and a few were smiling and whispering 'awww' at the sight of their brother tending to his wife in such a manner.

As he handed out orders and the girls heeded she knew that Rallon was not going with her before the girls had even asked. As the Lord of York placed her slippers back upon her feet and pressed a kissed to her lips, she did feel a bit of worry settle within her stomach. "Be safe, my love." The Lady would whisper against his lips.

Rose smiled at Tia after watching husband disappear. Upon her feet, which felt far better thanks to Rallon, she stood and hugged her dear friend. "We both need our rest, fellow mommy-to-be." She laughed and walked with her dear friend until they reached her bed chambers. "No doubt Fisher has pointlessly said this, but stay out of trouble Tia." Rose rest a soft hand over the womb of her friend. "Both of you." With a kiss to the cheek, she said her good nights and got ready for bed. She slipped into her night gown with thin straps over her creamy shoulders and a lace hem that stopped mid thigh.

A soft long robe was slipped on before she stepped outside of her bed chamber doors to see the girls herded to their rooms before Cynthia joined her in her own. It would finally be nice to have Marion back and safe with Robin and her family. It was what helped her relax in bed, but still she thought of her husband and Fisher. A prayer was said for the safety of her family and friend before she fell asleep with Cynthia providing comfort and protection at her side on the plush surface of the bed.

Rallon was up a tree overlooking the courtyard of the Tower, and grumbling. he reached out and flicked Fisher's ear both to get his attention and convey his extreme displeasure. Fisher flinched and looked up at his Master sheepishly. The courtyard held no fifteen men. It held at least two hundred pikemen, another two hundred longbowmen, and yet another three hundred mounted cavalry. And an additional five hundred men-at-arms.

Rallon glared at his Guard Captain furiously. Fisher shrugged helplessly then whispered. "My Lord....there were but fifteen guards when i sent the message., i swear it."

Rallon studied the man. "When did they arrive?"

"Not ten minutes ago My Lord." Fisher was more than a little nervous.

Rallon thumbed his nose. "Alright. I'll forgive you."

Fisher sighed. "Thank you My Lord."

"Yes. But next time you bring me upon one of John's demonstrations during a mission I am going to tell Rose."

Fisher smiled. Her Ladyship would be concerned but she wouldn't harm him. "Yes My Lord."

Rallon continued rubbing his nose and lip thoughtfully. "Get us two guards."

"My Lord?"

"You heard me."

Fisher sighed knowing this was his genuine punishment for his mistake.He slithered down and went to the gate. He whistled softly to the two guards nearby who turned. Fisher held up his hands. "My friends I have found a wounded woman nearby. She needs our aid."

They moved toward him. "Where?"

Rallon fell out of the tree, alighting silently and smashed their heads together knocking them out instantly. A few minutes later he and Fisher, in the guards' uniforms walked to the gate, then inside, silent but calm, and right to very door of the Tower.

They entered the Tower, bypassing the guard room, and marched up the long winding stair to the top floor, where they paused at the armory to shed the uniforms, gather weapons, collect the hidden Robin, and mask their faces. They also sealed the lower door with a heavy trio of crossbars before silently approaching the second door.

Rallon peeked through the open window, smirking at what he saw, having expected it, then with a single kick, broke the simple latch, and splintered the heavy door in several places. He and Fisher hurled spears into the room, while Robin of course knelt between them firing arrow after arrow into their foe. The reverse bottleneck of the position so surprised the guards that half of them were dead before they could react, and within seconds all fifteen lay dead. These were not the Royal Guards or the Army below but John's private mercenaries and would not by missed by any save their master.

Now Rallon drew his swords and entered the room, searching carefully, as by his count they had missed one, only to find him crushed behind the heavy door. Rallon shrugged and waved in his fellows and they began searching for the key. Once found they went to each door and opened the window, searching for Marian. They saw many possible allies and happily unlocked the doors but reminding them to remain silent ignoring all questions their hidden faces preventing identification. Marian was found asleep, likely drugged but unmolested as befit a noblewoman even under these jackals.

Rallon nodded and had the newcomwers help in placing the dead men in their cells and using the well water to cleanse the signs of battle, then using a crossbar and some rope to 'lock' the door, they descended the stairs. The group started for the main door but were surprised when Rallon and Robin, with Marian in his arms, lead them instead to the Chapel with Fisher herding them along.

An hour later Rallon, Robin and Marian entered the room where Rose lay sleeping. Cynthia huffed as Rallon knelt and kissed his bride tenderly then whispered. "Darling we found her and several others. I have the others hidden with our guards and Fisher. Robin and Marian need to stay here. Marian will share the bed with you. Robin and I will take the couches." He kissed her again then went to his chosen bed, which was placed before the main door which was now held shut with a knotted poker, while Robin had done the same before the second entrance. Marian continued to sleep but less deeply now, her breathing less worrisome. Robin paused to stroke her cheek then smiled at Rose. "She woke while we were escaping. She will be alright. Just very tired...thank you Rose."

He kissed his love then went to rest.

Rallonn woke his wife early the next morning to reveal that their visitors had vanished but also told her that two of the girls had fallen ill in the night and they had begged to be returned home and Rallon had already secured leave from the Queen. He flicked the tip of his nose toward a servant that was not of her household to indicate the true reason for his blatant lie.

"Her Majesty would liek to see us before we leave though."

The servant coughed. "As would His Royal Highness Prince John."

Rallon did not speak to this but simply rubbed the sleeping Cynthia's belly as she wriggled against her mother growling happily.

Rose awoke with a smile when her eyes landed upon the sight of husband, safe and sound. The soft palm of her hand caressed at his jaw, almost as if to make sure that it was truly him. An even greater smile sat upon her lips when hearing the Marian was safe and back with Robin.

Her warm eyes looked at her slumbering friend and then at Robin who gifted Marian a kiss. Rose wasn't the only lucky woman within these walls. "Good night." Rose whispered to her husband and friend as they went to their sofas and Rose join Marian back in the realm of slumber.

When Rose was awoken by her husband, she was surprised to find Marian missing from the bed. She listened to Rallon and noticed the unwanted guest and caught on quickly. "Of course." She spoke to her husband before looking over at the servant. "You can leave now. Your services are no longer required."

Rose needed to get dressed and she couldn't very well do it with the man looming over the couple. Rose scratched her fuzzy child behind the ear and pressed a kiss to her husband's lips before slipping out of bed. She knew what John wanted them for, but she was not afraid. At the end of it all, the Lord and Lady of York were going home with their family, while Marian somehow got out of the tower unbeknownst to Rose and Rallon who were sleeping soundly in their bed chambers.

When Rose finally dressed in a fine simple, yet beautiful light blue gown and her long tresses flowing down her back, she walked hand in hand with her husband to see Her Majesty. At the sight Rose smiled. The first thing she was asked was if she was feeling well and Rose smiled reassuringly. "Nothing that a goodnight sleep and nice foot massage from my husband, couldn't cure. We are honored to have been able to spend this time with you. You really must come visit us sometime and let us repay you for this gracious hospitality. "

While she had paid all of the formality towards Her Majesty, she did do the same to Prince John as well, though clearly her happiness was reserved for the Queen. Prince John seemed eager to step in and speak his words.

Rallon let Rose speak first then knelt before the Queen, kissing her hand. "You have indeed treated us wonderfully Your Grace. I can only hope my own meager attempts at repayment will suite you. Perhaps with Rose's guidance York can truly attain some measure of the kind comforts of your palace."

She nodded, beaming as he stood taking Rose's arm again. The Queen winked at Rose, still marveling at Rallon seemingly endless need to put his bride first.

Cynthia barked and went to the Queen, but before the lady could speak or act, the dog gave a very fine canine bow.She laughed and waved for the dog to rise and receive a loving pat. "You take care of your mother and new sibling Lady Cynthia." Cynthia barked her tail wagging happily.

John stepped forward then, thinking perhaps to follow suit but Cynthia carefully turned so her face was hidden by the Queen's voluminous skirts and returned to her parents, standing behind her father, snubbing the Prince but unofficially, thus protecting herself. Rallon noted this and smirked as John struggled to contain his rage at being shown up by a dog.

Rallon lead Rose forward slightly and nodded respectfully to John but no more, nor did he speak. He had nothing to say.

John's nose wrinkled as he glared at Rallon, trying to focus again. Finally he shook himself and spoke most kindly. "Lord and Lady Granger i do apologize but there was an incident last night."

Rallon waited patiently. And silently.

"At the Tower." John's eyes flicked over them both rapidly, searching for deception.

Rallon nodded. "I do hope nothing of importance happened My Lord? Perhaps one of the noble inmates was harmed?"

"No. They are all fine." John paused. His capture of Marian had of course been secret, and likely highly illegal, hence his personal mercenaries rather than official guards. "But some guards were injured."

Rallon cocked an eyebrow confused. "I do hope they will recover My Lord? Perhaps you would like me to speak to the men? Or would you like to schedule a training period for the guards? Toughen them up some?"

"NO!"

Rallon blinked at the harsh reply and stepped back, protectively shifting Rose away from the shouting man. "Forgive me My Lord. Have I offended you in some way? I am sure the Royal Guard are without peer in this land. i merely thought to gain their own knowledge for myself and my own guards. I have my own precious lives to protect." he squeezed Rose's hand gently smiling at her.

John glowered at Rallon hatefully. "No...that is that was not my point."

Rallon nodded. "Oh my apologies My Lord. What was your point?"

John's fists were trembling, making the Queen stare at him in utter shock. Why was he so angry? Rose and Rallon were clearly seen in their rooms by several servants. And surely no pregnant woman would be out bashing gaurds on the head. And Rallon was such an attentive husband....She shook herself. "Prince John Lady Rose is in need of rest. Must we keep them overlong?"

John sneered at his sister -in-law's words but nodded to her respectfully. "My point Lord Granger is just what exactly were you doing during the time the guards were harmed?"

Rallon blinked. "That would depend My lord. When were they harmed?"

John sniffed. "During the watch change at dawn."

Rallon blinked. "My lord i was speaking to your fine servants about breakfast for my wife. And feeding Cynthia. All in our rooms...Why My Lord? Do you suspect that I witnessed this act and could name names? I assure you if I had I would."

John blinked caught. Of course the guards had lied about when they were knocked out. No one had noticed their absence until they had turned up naked with impressive knots of their heads, just as their replacements arrived. "No Lord Granger. But the Captain of the Royal Guards seemed to think you might have some knowledge as your rooms were very near both the stables and the road to the Tower."

Rallon blinked again, very confused. "My apologies My Lord but Rose and I did not leave the party until around midnight. Then we were asleep." He smiled at the Queen. "Truly a grand affair Your Grace. Though a bit tiring. The girls asked me to convey their own thanks as well. they had a marvelous time." Cynthia barked again her tail still flopping widly.

John coughed. Rallon jumped. "Apologies My Lord. No Neither Rose nor i saw much of anything. I am afraid we cannot see the Tower itself, nor the road over your fine walls. I don;t recall seeing anyone in the stables or near them except the horsemaster...I do hope there has been no theft?"

"No."

"Oh very well..is there is some other why i may be of help My Lord?"

John glowered at Rallon, sure he was involved but having no way to prove it or call Rallon out on it. Finally her threw in his last chance. "What of your own Guard Captain? Where was he?"

"With his own pregnant wife My lord. They only just learned the happy news." The Queen clapped her hands delighted. "Really!? That's wonderful! When is she due?"

Rallon turned to her, letting John glower trying to think his way out of this one. "I am not sure Your Grace. Tia thinks she is only two or three months along at most, but suspect only six weeks. so perhaps seven or eight months?" He looked at Rose and smiled. "Our own child will have a young friend to play with."

The Queen beamed but John seized upon this with disgust. "You would allow your child, a noble, to play with the children of servants?"

Rallon now looked completely bewildered looking from his wife, to the Queen, then to John. "But of course... A child needs friend it's own age. Already she or he will be saddled with an abundance of aunts, and likely soon uncles. She or he will need friends... is there a problem My Lord?" He studied the childless man carefully, daring him to add more.
john shook his head. "no..you had best be off."

Rallon nodded, nodded to John, gave a bow to the Queen, allowed Rose time to make her farewell, then lead her out to the carriage, where Cynthia jumped in first, before Rallon helped Rose into her special seat and tucked her in with several cushions and pillows. He stepped in himself and they were off.

Rallon did not speak until they were well away from the palace then knocked on the roof. The driver called back. "All clear and present My Lord."

Rallon smirked and pulled the shutters, then shifted aside to let Marian and Robin out of the secret compartment under his seat. Marian immediately hugged Rose, thanking her her, while Robin sat on Cynthia's bench, rubbing the sleeping dog's ribs.

":Don't know how you did it but thank you."

Rallon shrugged winking at Rose. "Thank Rose. She is ever my inspiration and guide." Cynthia yowled and nipped Robin's hand, as he had gotten distracted and she desired affection. Marian laughed. "Thank you Rallon. And you Rose for sharing him long enough to rescue me...John had any number of sickening plans for me. He wanted-"

Rallon held up his hands. "Not now Marian forgive me. I can guess what he wanted but I really would prefer we not speak of him any further. I have had my limit of the fool."

Marian nodded and turned Rose. "You seem about to pop! When are you expecting your son?"

Rallon growled. "Daughter."

Marian blinked looking at Rallon who did not explain, then at Rose. Cynthia huffed, almost laughing, her jaw now on Robin's thigh as he stroked her head and neck, her tail swishing back and forth.

Rose's demeanor remained aloof when the topic of the tower was brought up by Prince John. Rose had no words, because her husband had explained it rather well. When the man yelled his protest, she did feel a chill of goosebumps running along her smooth skin.

As always Rallon was there for her. His hand a form of reassurance that she need not worry about John and his little fit of anger.

Her Majesty brought a smile to Rose's lips and she was surely grateful. It made it, even more so when she chimed in once more with excitement about Tia being pregnant as well.

Even Rose gave the heartless Prince a bewildered look when he mentioned a noble's child befriending a servant's child. Such thoughts seemed so old.

What did it matter what class one was when underneath that title they were all the same flesh and blood. Easily she shook it off. The man too naive and selfish to comprehend how they thought. When dismissed, she said her dearest farewell to the Queen before being escorted by her beloved husband.

Once in the carriage she nearly squealed with excitement upon seeing Robin and Marian. "No thanks needed, my dear, you being safe and sound is more than enough. Poor Robin here was completely beside himself in your absence." She teased.

Rose was on the verge of answering Marian's question when her husband cut in. Even Rose was curious.

"Would you be upset if you had a daughter?" She questioned with a smile. "Naturally after having aided in raising so many sisters some might see where you might be a little disappointed in a little girl." Rose knew better. Rallon would love this child, no matter the sex. His tone of voice was what struck her. How could he be so sure that she was carrying a girl?

Rallon chuckled shaking his head. "no. I actually expect daughters. Just have this feeling my second child will be a girl."

Robin blinked then looked down at the preening wolf dog. "Oh."

Rallon chuckled. "She is very protective of her place as the eldest. Now.... Lady Rose do we take these two to Nottingham or home with us?" He had plans in place for anything she chose but as always he deferred to her judgement first.

If there was one thing that Rose knew about her husband it was that his instincts were usually on point.

When given the option as to where to go she smiled and knew exactly where she wanted to go. "Nottingham. It's been too long and the girls would certainly enjoy the trip." She pressed a kiss to her husband's lips and looked at her first daughter.

"You're going to be a big sister, my dear, but you won't be any less important."

The venture was nice and Rose was even comfortable to take a small nap.

Cynthia ended up cuddling on one side of her mother, providing a nice degree of comfort.

When they hit a particularly rough bump in the road she was shaken awake and yawned as the first words out of her mouth were, "Are we there yet?"

"No. But we are in Sherwood. And being accosted by certain merry men." Rallon glared at Robin who shrugged. "They didn't know!" The argument outside was clearly getting tense.

"If don't get out there and find Little John Fisher is guna kill your boys."

Robin grinned, kissed a still drowsy Marian then leapt out of the carriage, the argument outside ending immediately.

Rallon rolled his eyes sighing happily. "You know Rose, i'm officially putting you in charge. That couch was horrible for sleeping. And Robin kept twitching. Wouldn't let me sleep." His eyes were heavy with lack of sleep, while his hands moved to stroke her cheek, then he lay back closing his eyes. "Cynthia stay with your mother." HE was asleep in moments.

Rose listened tot he commotion outside and laughed her agreement with her dear husband's statement. Fisher would certainly take care of the situation and she was glad that Robin stepped in.

She smiled a sweet smile at the sweet sigh as Robin kiss Marian and she just couldn't help herself. They were perfect for one another. Ralon's voice caught her attention and she laughed once.

"Aww... all right my love. You've earned yourself a good rest."She spoke softly to him before placing a kiss to his temple as he laid back and fell to sleep. Marian still looked tired,but Rose was just glad to have her back.

Secretly she had a short nightmare the other night before Marian was retrieved. The boys came back with Marian, but... she was no more. She was not waking up from this particular slumber, and Robin went mad with grief and anger. She was heartbroken. Honestly, she didn't think that Robin would choose to continue to walk the earth without his beloved Marian. As she silently thought to herself while idly stroking the head of her fuzzy daughter, she had not notice Robin slip back into the carriage until he spoke to her.

Rose looked started for a moment, but smiled. "Sorry, I was just thinking how glad I am to have to two of you back together." Her free hand moved from her husband's leg and came to rest over her womb. "This little one is going to need a playmate if it is really as Rallon says and it is a girl, she will be well protected, but friends of all shapes, sizes, and colors would be nice." She looked at her fuzzy butt daughter and then looked at Robin with a mischievous grin. "Hurry up and make a mini Robin or Marian."

The entire rest of the way was spent in arguing why now was better than later and Rose was nothing but smiles and laughter as she enjoyed seeing Robin struggle with modesty, which was a very rare feat. She threw all kinds of situations at him, like what if he had a son and their son wanted to marry their daughter. Rose was enjoying herself all too well.

Before she knew it, they came to a stop and she took that to mean that they had arrived at their final destination. Cynthia perked up and sat up from laying her head in her mother's lap. "Rallon..." Rose sang in her husband's ear before placing a kiss on his cheek to awaken him.

Rallon grumbled but woke to kiss his bride and daughter. he pointed a deadly finger at Robin. "If your little green boys trouble me I'll have them shot."

He stepped out of the carriage and helped both ladies out, then escorted Rose to the long table laid out for the return of Robin to his men, and a very special welcome to Marian. Robin tried to get their attention to thank Rallon but found his foot crushed under the Lord of York's. "Rose only. I will not be celebrated." Rose was given many cheers while Rallon took her to a large comfortable chair, had Cynthia sit beside her, then once again moved away, this time to the base of the large tree. he lay in sight of his bride, while his sister distracted the Merry men eagerly, and once again nodded off to sleep.

Fisher emulated his master by delivering Tia to a chair at Rose's right hand, while Marian was at her left, then took a place beside Rallon and went off to sleep.

Little John laughed to see this and was just beginning to plot a prank when Robin caught his ear. "These two men risked their lives and futures to rescue Marian. They have not slept while ensuring our safe return. Leave them be."

John grunted but agreed, and the party was soon in full swing. The girls begged Rose to be allowed wine, mead and the many other fine delights the Merry Men had to offer, though oddly none of the girls who were of age asked, nor did they seem interested. They quite enjoyed the Merry Men's company, as many were young, nearly all were strong and handsome, but the cousins were already spoken for, and it was quite likely the three eldest sisters had already begun to give away their hearts as well.

Thea and the rest of the younger girls were quite smitten with the Merry men, especially Will Scarlet and the other fellows who rivaled or surpassed Robin in good looks.

Cynthia ignored all attempts to tease and taunt her, both from her aunts and the Merry men. her mother needed her. And she clearly didn't trust these smelly two legs. Only little John drew her attention by pulling her tail. The great man learned immediately why the canine Lady of York was not to be toyed with. She whirled and leapt upon him, dragging him down by his collar and had yanked him bodily over to her father, her lithe body concealing immense strength. She then stood on john's back and barked at her Daddy to handle the ruffian.

Rallon opened an eye and sighed. "he was just teasing Cynthia. let him be." She huffed and sat on John indignantly, clearly feeling her deserved more punishment for his rudeness. Of course, Robin, the merry Men, her aunts, Tia, and Marian were simply howling with laughter at the scene. Robin shushed them all as Fisher sat up groggily. "Shall i kill him My lord?"

"No. John. you will have to apologize to lady Cynthia. And her mother for disturbing her meal." John started to argue but a venomous growl at his right ear silenced him. "Will she let me up?"

Rallon looked at Cynthia who immediately stepped off the man and marched, most dignified, back to her mother, then sat beside her, awaiting John's apology. The man stood, his face rubbed aw, his nose bleeding, and his hairy chest scraped and cut from her dragging. He straightened his appearance then sniffed, muttering about apologizing to a dog. Rallon spoke most sweetly. "Shall i show you how she brings down harts and stags? She is very skilled. I haven't needed to shoot one with her around since she was a pup." Cynthia licked her chops dangerously.

John grunted. "I apologize Lady Cynthia. And to you Lady Rose." Cynthia huffed and looked at her mother, while Rallon and Fisher laughed then lay back to resume their naps.

Rose smiled brightly and was thrilled to have finally arrived she stole a sweet kiss from her husband's lips before he walked away after sitting her down at the table. The Lady of York was surprised when she was praised and it was only natural for the woman to blush a hue that resemble the flower that she was named after. She watched as her husband went and continued his nap and she laughed softly to herself as Fisher joined him. It was well deserved.

She held Marian's left hand in her right and gave it a squeeze. "Be careful next time Marian, this was well worth the work, but for this, I better get an invitation to the wedding." Rose teased before relinquishing the Lady's hand. A firm denial sounded from Rose's lips at the request of the alcohol.

"If I can't have any, then neither will you." Again she teased, garnering further pleads that were squashed, by her dear friends Tia and Marian, backing up her decision. Everyone seemed to having a jolly time and even Rose was seen and heard laughing. A melody that many enjoyed hearing. Rose continued to idly pet her precious Cynthia. Rose was thoroughly surprised when her first child suddenly was angered, as she had not seen little John pull her tail.

Rose looked over at the scene and was nodding her head. She couldn't not blame her daughter. When Cynthia came back Rose reassuringly pet her while they awaited their apologies. "He apologized, my dear. He won't mess with you again." Rose kissed Cynthia on the top of her head. "Relax, my dear." Her fuzzy daughter looked reluctant, but eventually she did settle down while Rose ate.

After eating, she was asked to dance and she was in a great mood, she she obliged. The merry men danced with both her and Tia. You could hear Rose laughing and her smile was clearly not going anywhere. The men were telling jokes and when one flirted with her another would bust the others chops. Rose was having a ball, and it had been a while since she enjoyed herself his much. "Come Marian, dance with me!" Rose called out and when the ladies did dance in a jovial fashion the men were howling and cheering.

"Methinks m'lady has missed such joys!"

"Of course! She is trapped with the monster Rallon!" The jesting was all in good fun, and even Cynthia let it go. But Thea wouldn't.

After a rather, in her opinion, cruel jibe that Rose clearly had not had this much fun in some time she went over to her brother and kicked his foot, immediately breaking the happy sleep he had bene enjoying. "Yes dear sister?"

Rallon was rubbing the sole of his foot rather hard. She could kick. Fisher had woken as well and was smirking at the fact that themighty Rallon Granger had taken a wound and would never respond in kind to the attacker.

"They are making jokes that Rose isn't happy with you!"

Rallon sighed and started to reply and saw the tears in his sister's face. "Very well then."

Rallon stood, dusted himself off, straightened his jacket, then went off to join the party. He moved with silence and not a little cunning and soon tapped Will Scarlet on the shoulder. "If you would be so kind."

"Wha-"

Will found himself in a chair beside a resting Tia as Rose was taken by the hand, kissed by her husband, then lead into a dance even more wild and graceful than the ladies'. He moved with her smooth and sure, his hands strong but so gentle with her, always taking care not to bump against her, nor to make her self conscious of her belly, but instead keeping her in full movements constantly.

He was before her, behind her, beside her, all around her in a whirlwind of motion that always saw him supporting her and though guiding, allowing her to let the dance and it's pace.

Finally the musicians ended their sogn to find Rallon having dipped his beloved so deeply her hair fell like a silken waterfall to pool on the moft grass, and was kissing her most passionately. Everyone cheered and clapped as after sometime he let her up, his eyes flashing.

Little John barked laughter and called out. "The Lord of York takes the cup!" The others joined in.

Rallon grunted and shook his head, raising Rose's hands to kiss each. 'All prizes go to the Lady of York. Even the greatest dancer is nothing without his partner. And I am far from that honor."

Fisher laughed now. "Humility from you My Lord?!" The crowd erupted.

Rallon chuckled ignoring the jibe, his eyes, as ever, locked on Rose. "It is good to see you laughing so my love." His eyes were soft and loving, yet also full of the fire of desire. The man was still smitten with her.

Marian and Tia could see this and nudged their respective lovers playfully. Fisher worshipped his bride much the same way Rallon did his own, and Robin would and had done anything for Marian.

Cynthia suddenly began to howl. Rallon's eyes went dark and cold as he moved before Rose then he saw why she was hwling and began to laugh. Fisher and Tia had been moving toward the girls when the laughter caught their attention. Rallon had to release Rose as he plopped onto the ground and began to howl with laughter himself.

Cynthia was in a tree. The huge tree they had been celebrating under. Somehow she had gotten high into the branches and now felt she had gotten stuck. Rallon was simply rolling now. Cynthia barked down at him and the girls began to clamor in worry.

Rallon stood. "I have her." He waved away the assistance of the merry men and kicking off his shoes, leapt onto a large root, then began to climb, quick as could be, while the wolf-dog continued to complain. He reached her in less than a minute and was greeted by a loving kiss. He put her on his shoulders and she clamped her paws about him, but barked as he started down. "Of course. My apologies."

A moment later he set her down, smirking as she marched to her mother, most pegally, and sat beside her ignoring the laughter of the others. Laughter which died when Rallon tossed the reason at their feet. It was the body of a rather large black panther. This sobered the group instantly.

Robin coughed. "How...how did she kill it so silently?"

Rallon shrugged. "She is her mother's daughter. No need for spectacle when doing the right thing. She only got stuck because the silly thing had forced her out onto that overlook. She had to jump down onto it. Couldn't jump back up."

The group looked at Cynthia once again in awe, but she ignored them, carefully grooming herself. The men set to examining the beast while Rallon moved aside rejoining his bride. "You are well my love? Perhaps another dance?"

Cynthia, who now lost all dignity, huffed wanting her tummy rubbed, having lolled onto the ground and lay on her spine presenting her tummy and looking most submissive to her Daddy. He chuckled and crouched doing so. "Silly girl. Well done." She licked his wrist as he rubbed.

Rose was rather surprised when her husband joined in the festivities and offered to dance with her. Needless to say, the Lady was as happy as can be.

Her laughter joined the others as Fisher jested about her lover's humility. The man was certainly one for sharing the credit, or turning it down all together. That white smile wasn't going anywhere, anytime soon when Rallon commented on her laughter. It was the very reason why she wanted to come here. The fun and company were the best.

Her attention was snagged when she heard her precious Cynthia howling. Her eyes followed that of her husband's and a sigh of relief escaped her lips. Damn canine was safe and high up in the trees. As her husband howled in laughter, Rose kicked him in the shin as her way to telling the man to get going and retrieve their daughter.

"Cynthia Granger, you are going to kill me with worry doing such things. While the woman was far from scolding her talented fuzzy child, she did want to convey her worry and love to her.

Rallon did well to steal her attention once more when asking if she wanted another dance. Wit half a smile she shook her head in a humble decline. "No thank you, but will we be staying the night?" She asked with curiosity. As much as she loved getting out of the castle, it did remind her that there was no place like home.

Several months had come to pass. Rose could always be seen smiling. On the rare chance the she was seen alone, she could even be seen smiling with hand sitting atop her growing belly. Their young one had grown big enough that she could feel movement and the little act made her smile each and every single time.

She had the most joyous time talking and spending time with Tia, especially since they were both pregnant. Rose had conveyed the thought to her friend, that she hoped that the both of them were having girls, because she wanted to see Fisher fretting over his daughter and her every single move. Both men would, no doubt, be amazing fathers and the time to tell was nearing.

Preparations for the ball were underway and she was even ahead of schedule. Her Majesty and Prince John were both invited and Rose had a definite yes from the Queen, who was very eager to see Cynthia once more.

The food from their little get together with the townsfolk was so nice that she commissioned some of the cooks for their special occasion. Rose had especially grown fond a certainly lady's pies and that was at the top the list of required treats.

The latest trend was to scold the Lady of York. What for? Pick something. For climbing the library ladder to retrieve a book. For making herself at home in the kitchen to make a snack. For bending over to pick up something she dropped. Their worries always made Rose laugh. Well, she was certain to be scolded if anyone looked up in one of the trees in the garden that she had grown fond of.

The seasons were changing and a chill in the air was making itself at home, for the time being. Upon a sturdy tree limb, she sat with her skirt covered legs waving idly beneath her as she got a good look at the city in the horizon. A warm cloak draped about her shoulders to protect against the wind. Her body was much warmer that it normally would be so the cool breeze licking at her flesh and dancing through her loose locks, felt wondrous.

The silence was broken when she heard a gasp and someone yell, "ROSE!" Her guilt was evident as she bit her lower lip before relinquishing a sigh and looking down to find Thea looking up at her. "Hello, young lady, just pretend you didn't see me." Rose tease as Thea placed her petite hands upon her hips. The very sight made Rose want to laugh."Are you stuck?" Thea promptly asked and Rose shook her head. "RALLON!! ROSE IS STUCK IN A TREE!!"

Rose groaned and looked at the girl. "Thea Granger, that is hardly necessary. I'm not stuck. Your brother is far too busy to keep waiting on me hand and foot. " Thea's heart was in the right place, but she was clearly not buying it.

Cynthia growled happily as her father attended to her belly, then crooned at her mother.

Rallon swept Rose into the dance with a smile, while Cynthia looked on, ignoring the admiration from the men. Her eyes were locked on her parents and even her aunts could not distract her.

Cynthia had been forced to spend more time with her mother as of late, both because Rose needed the alarm the wolfish creature could offer in case of trouble, but because her father was so busy with the preparations for the upcoming ball for her new sister, and the new castle in York.

Rallon and Cynthia were both still adamant that the newest Granger would be a girl, and Cynthia took to caring for her mother and her unborn sister with a will.

Rallon of course let Rose and her workers handle the actual arrangements for the ball, though he did pitch in and help whenever possible, including hauling the chandeliers down to be cleaned and oiled, then hauled back up and hung. He was unaware that this task normally required four men, and thus did it alone, speeding the work, and once again feeding his own legend.

His days as of late had been filled with accepting gifts and assurances of attendance, and helping the town and the caterers and entertainers prepare, as well as finding suitable rooms for everyone, as this ball was to stretch it a week long celebration of the baby, Rose, and York itself. Every night found him asleep in Rose's arms, usually with Cynthia snuggled against his back.

Today he was in the best mood however. He and Cynthia were the only two who did not scold or forbid Rose, though Cynthia always watched carefully anytime her mother was on a ladder. Cynthia hated ladders. The constant scolding irritated Rallon, especially as they tended to come to him as if he would chastise his bride. His sisters especially.

He was in the middle of a letter regarding a possible engagement to Thea when the cry came out. Sighing he rubbed his eyes, scrubbed his face with his palms, ran his fingers back through his hair, then went to the balcony, flung open the doors, then vaulted the railing, landed with a roll and walked over to the tree.

Cynthia's head came up the moment he appeared in view, then as he landed she sat up, all form and dignity, her tail flopping back and forth. Rallon ignored his glowering sister and went first to the dog, kissing her forehead and rubbing her side and belly, making her croon happily. "You being good?"

She barked and nuzzled into him.

"Good girl. Where's mom?"

She pointed immediately, her nose straight up. She always lay under her mother. Rallon followed the point, studied his bride, then looked at Cynthia. "Do you think she is stuck?"

Cynthia huffed and ruffled her fur. Thea sniffed. "Daddy's girl."

Rallon smirked. "She is indeed." He kissed Cynthia again. "Lay down."

She obeyed instantly as he kicked off his shoes, rolled up his sleeves, then mounted the tree quick as a flash and settled beside his bride. He smiled, kissed her hungrily, then gently touched her belly, hoping for a kick or punch from his second daughter.

Thea huffed again as Rallon clearly intended to just wait there rather than get Rose down.

Rallon nipped the tip of Rose's nose lovingly. "Hello my darling. Just so i know are you stuck? You look quite comfortable here. And you certainly found a lovely view. Still doesn't match you but..." His eyes dragged over her face with that same longing hunger. She still took his breath away, and now she simply glowed.

"Oh by the way, Robin and Marian have agreed to attend. He will be disguised of course. He is also bringing his men. Should be fun."

Cynthia barked excitedly. "No you can't try to eat John. Either the Prince or the big one." Cynthia huffed an flopped back down growling.

Rallon laughed. "Your daughter seems to hold a grudge. She gets that from you." He grinned holding her hands tight so she couldn't react physically to the taunt.

Rose was a little surprised when her husband lept from his balcony and landed safely onto the plush grass of the garden. A sweet smile sat perched upon her soft pink lips as she shook her head gently questioning what she would do with him.

Cynthia was more than happy to see her father and everyone knew that she was a father's girl. Thea was likely going to be disappointed to find that her husband was in no rush to answer her cry this very instant.

As her first born daughter pointed in her direction, Rose merely smiled and waved as she watched him approach the very tree that she sat perched upon and joined her at her side. A bright while smile appeared as Rallon playfully nipped at her nose and proceeded to compliment her along with her choice of view.

"No, I'm not stuck." She turned her bright gaze towards the view until she smiled even moreso and looked at her belly as their daughter, naturally, responded to her father's touch. "Great, another daddy's girl." Rose spoke in a sarcastic tone of voice as she rolled her eyes.

When informed that Robin and Marian were showing up she was more surprised that she had to be told in the first place. "They had better show up. They had better be in some serious danger or Marian had better be giving birth to a little Robin for them to not attend. " Marian was a dear friend and parties just seemed to be all around more fun when Robin and his men attended.

Their daughter continued to move about, whereas she had been quiet still in her father's absence. The Lady of York laughed at her daughters disappointed mood and she nearly punched her husband in the shoulder at his words only to find her hand in his grip. She smiled a mischievous smile and sighed in her temporary defeat. "If what you say is true, just you wait later, Rallon Granger." She whispered softly into his ear before laughing a little.

A nice, content sigh and she looked down. "Well, I'm going to head inside and wash up before going to eat. " Thea looked up with a worried look to her face as her sister began descending on her own. Rose was fairly nimble on her feet. Soon her bare feet hit the soft grass of the ground and she slipped on her slippers.

"See you for dinner!" She chimed and casually walked her way towards her bed chambers.

"Lady Rose!" Instantly she turned with a smile at the sight of Tia, who looked gorgeous pregnant. "Some nobleman requests an audience with the Lady of York. " Rose wore a very childish pout upon her face before silently complying. Tia laughed at her and escorted her to the open room where she she had somewhat of a throne next to where Rallon would sit.

"Ah. Lord Cruz." The man was very handsome to the women. He was certainly well known as a ladies man as well as a man of very fine taste. The brown eyed nobleman smiled,bowed, and approached her close enough to press a kiss to the back of her hand as she continued to sit and relax.

"Lord Cruz... I am tired and hungry, so what do you want?" Despite her sweet and kind tone of voice at this point in the pregnancy Rose had grown rather... blunt.

"Be careful, My Lady, or you may remain that size once the little bastard is born." Rose was quick to backhand the man, with no warning in sight. The sound echoed throughout the vast hall and a few of the guards visibly flinched while it was clear that the pretty boy noble had not seen that coming.

"Did you come for no reason other than to insult me, Lord Cruz? What ever words you have to say can wait until the ball. Your invitation still stands, but test me one more time and I will be the least of your worries. Now... be gone. Guards! See Lord Cruz out, please." Had Tia been given the task, they may never have seen the nobleman again. "What do you think about that Tia? Certainly he did not come all this way just to insult me. I'm getting a funny feeling."

While that hung in the air, she cleaned up and was the third to arrive in the dining hall for dinner. There was no doubt that her husband would have found out about their little visitor, but Rose saw no need to bother her husband over such a matter. The back of her hand was feeling rather sore, as she had not realized that she put her all into that strike and she was feeling it.

Back
Top Bottom