Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Has anyone lied about their gender

Exile

Planetoid
I was wondering have anyone ever lied about their gender online? I know some people who pretend to be girls because they get free stuff in MMORPGs. But I'm not one to toss stones as I sometime pretend I'm a guy. I find it people tend to bother you less if you're a guy.

Yes, I'm really a dude with big tits and pink hair.

I've never lied about my gender. I've had my avatar as a male character in different websites, but I was always upfront about being female. It just seems pointless to lie about something that can be so easily detected.

On some forums I'm ambiguous about my gender. It's for the amusement of dudes wanting to rp all cybur like and thinking I'm a chick. Then I later go "SO U KNOW I'M A GHEY DUDE RITE?" and they die on the inside.

I generally choose male avatars, especially in MMOs. People just tend to assume I am male, and I usually don't bother correcting them.

I'm pretty high level and rather rich in Dofus (a French MMO), and while most people that know me know I am female, my avatar is male. It's hilarious when girls hit on me thinking I'm a dude that will give them free stuff for pics of their tits. ;) They get so freaked out when I tell them I'm a girl.

missedstations said:
I generally choose male avatars, especially in MMOs. People just tend to assume I am male, and I usually don't bother correcting them.

I'm pretty high level and rather rich in Dofus (a French MMO), and while most people that know me know I am female, my avatar is male. It's hilarious when girls hit on me thinking I'm a dude that will give them free stuff for pics of their tits. ;) They get so freaked out when I tell them I'm a girl.
But then you like tits, too, so it's back to the start. XD Kidding!

I've lied. Not on any place you have to sign up... oh, wait, I had a female Gaia character.

I've lied, and I've played the role, and I've done so convincingly. At least convincingly enough for internet purposes

Mr Master said:

Well, any girl who is desperate and/or cheap enough to show her tits for in-game items, I don't really want to see her tits. It's just so much fun to freak them out afterwards.

People with low levels of education tend to have such an irrational fear of homosexuality. xD

missedstations said:
Mr Master said:
Well, any girl who is desperate and/or cheap enough to show her tits for in-game items, I don't really want to see her tits. It's just so much fun to freak them out afterwards.

People with low levels of education tend to have such an irrational fear of homosexuality. xD
Not to get snobbish or anything, but I do tend to think that the more you advance your education, the more you are exposed to the ideas that it's acceptable and not threatening to be "different" in a variety of ways. Which isn't to say you NEED education to get a tolerant and accepting attitude, but the tendency is there. Problem is, as with most of humanity, nothing's universal. So all the highly educated bigots out there are within their rights, sadly.

I wasn't trying to say that it is a universal truth that uneducated people are idiots, just that there tends to be a correlation. I'd love to do a survey, although I think no one would fund me to do THAT sort of research!

And, the 'OMGZ NO I CAME ONTO A PERSON OF THE SAME GENDER' reaction is always priceless, wherever it comes from.

<pets> Wasn't a personal rebuke or anything, love, just you inspired me to a ramble, as I am wont to do.

And you don't have to tell me about knee-jerk homophobia; I live in the country where the one guy murdered his friend when he found out on the talk show that his friend had a gay crush on him. So, yeah, we got issues. :p

I-

Can't. xD

I don't know how Neurok does it D: It's obvious I am a female. Not to say I'm not good at playing a Male. I am - the problem is they all end up being psychotic twisted males who want to kill you.

o-o; possibly my feminism seeps into rp.

I have never played a male before, but now you have me thinking about it. Closest I have never come is playing a Dominate female :twisted:

But most places that I make a name, its pretty feminine, i.e. Rubyliday. That's the most common.

And Takoda, I think my males would be the same way!

I have a female character in WoW, but I don't really pretend to be feminine or anything. Shit-talking in battlegrounds isn't something that most females tend to do. >.>

Trazz said:
I have a female character in WoW, but I don't really pretend to be feminine or anything. Shit-talking in battlegrounds isn't something that most females tend to do. >.>

You should hear me on voice-chat while in battle. 2/3rds of my words are swearwords.

I don't recall ever lying about my gender...oh wait!

I had a male character on Gaia and got hit on by both genders. It was fun until people were like "Cybrrz?"

I can play either gender pretty well and like to confuse people with my gender! But only for like 5 minutes.​

Ilovegoatse said:
On some forums I'm ambiguous about my gender. It's for the amusement of dudes wanting to rp all cybur like and thinking I'm a chick. Then I later go "SO U KNOW I'M A GHEY DUDE RITE?" and they die on the inside.

That's make me lol =D

I've lied, though that was because the majority of people at that location who had female type charas wouldn't RP unless you were female. Which made sense until some started defining female as being the RL person, nto the RP chara. Which makes zero sense to me. So I've done my stint of pretending to be female, though it was more of not really stating I was and just going with whatever was said. I'm rather convincing, I do believe. At least, enough to make an old friend off there flip out cause she thought I was female. She was cool about it, though, it was just a headfuck for a moment lol

I've had no regrets about it considering I think it's wholly retarded to care about the other person's gender IRL. The character is what matters. Sure I like RPing with females if it's something sexual, but if you are a good RPer it doesn't matter that much. Not to mention the fact that most of the people that say 'OMG I'M PLAYINZ A GURL N IM A GURL N SO U NEED 2 B 1 2 BBY' are mostly guys anyways XD

Back
Top Bottom