Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Fragile, Folded Wings(Jugger82 & EvaRose)

"N-No ma'am. You don't need to sully your hands with this armor of mine." He replied and went to start putting on his greaves and gauntlets first, then putting his torso armor on and then his helmet. He took up his lance and walked over to her, kneeling down and bowing to her. "I am ready to leave when you are, Princess Jyade." He had a duty as a knight when he wore this armor. To treat royalty like someone on his level while wearing this armor could very well just spark a war unless his death was used to justify his actions.

"I was talking about helping you with other things," she said softly. "But you've already put your armor on so there's no use to try and to help you now. Also, just call me princess while we're outside." The woman turned and walked out of the room, going to the adjacent one that her handmaiden was in. Knocking on the door lightly, the woman opened it and stepped inside, going to stand beside the bed that Minca laid on before shaking her softly on her arm. "Minca, wake up."

The girl was up quickly and getting ready, scrambling to get ready quickly like the princess said. "I'm sorry ma'm. I didn't mean to wake up late," she said softly.

"It's okay of course." The green eyed girl was smiling a bit to herself as she spoke, glad that her handmaiden didn't get up. She was glad that she able to have some time with the knight and tease him a bit with her feet.

"No, Princess Jyade...I do not require help with...That." He seemed rather embarrassed that she would ask him something like that. And true, it was far too late to offer such things to him for he had his armor on already. Hearing her next request, he simply nodded in approval. "Yes, Princess Jyade. I'll call you Princess in public from now on." With that, he followed behind her as they went toward the Handmaiden's room so that Jyade could awaken her. Though seeing that the Handmaiden was not wanting to awaken, Nathan felt...Like he had to be prepared now that he would be alone with Jyade for a while. "Your highness...Princess...We really must be going if we are to meet your new husband for breakfast..."

"Men are usually late for such things," she said, not even looking at the man she just teased. She watched as Minca got ready, sunlight peeking through the window and beginning to illuminate the rooms and halls on that side of the castle. It wasn't long before the handmaiden was ready and they were walking out the room and down the hall.

The girl turned to look at the knight, "May you lead the way, sir knight? We don't know were the dining hall is yet and it wouldn't benefit anyone if the princess didn't make it to the breakfast." Jyade stayed beside Minca, silently wondering when the girl would leave. It wasn't that she was annoying, it was only that she was talking to the knight that caught the eye of the, somewhat, spoiled princess.

Nathan nodded. "Of course, Princess." He replied and began to lead the two of them down the hall toward the mead hall. Upon entering, there would already be on food on the table within. No one would be there other than guards who were standing guard. Not even the King or Queen were there. "Here, Princess." Nathan replied as he moved over and pulled out a seat at the end table for her and a seat beside her for the handmaiden. "I am certain the prince will be here very soon." And he would be there soon...after he awoke from his nap.

The prince came soon after the princess and handmaiden sat down, along with his mother and father to oversee the whole thing. The princess seemed happy enough when she met the prince, asking him questions and looking at him with a smile on her face as the two of them spoke to each other about different things. After the breakfast though, the princess excused herself, saying that she wanted to explore the castle with her handmaiden. "I hope you will join me for lunch as well, prince," she said softly before walking out the room and into the hallway.

The girl followed of course, smiling a bit because she was glad that things were going well so far. "That went well princess. It seems like you two get along well."

"I suppose so." Her mind had been one the blue haired knight for most of the time. She found Nathan more interesting than she did the prince that she was betrothed to. It was wrong for her to be that way but she couldn't help herself for some reason. Even then, she was thinking about how earlier she teased the knight with her toes and knew that it would be different once she was married. "Sir knight, do you know if there's a garden here?" She asked, turning to look at the man.

Nathan watched as she and the prince conversed, and like the Handmaiden, he thought the two of them got along enough at least. When she left, Nathan followed after her after bowing to the queen, king, and prince. Following after the girl, he heard her question about the garden. "Yes, Princess...There is a royal garden outside in the courtyard for public use." He went ahead and led her there. Upon entering the courtyard, there would be plenty of flowers of a variety of kinds flowering out and about the field. "This is the Royal Garden, your highness."

The princess looked at the flowers in the garden, at the man colorful petals, and smiled. The handmaiden looked at the knight and smiled a bit. "I'm going to go inside. I'm sure you can get washed up," she said softly. The girl turned and retreated back into the castle.

Jyade looked at Minca before she stepped inside then turned to the flowers again. An outstretched hand softly felt one of the petals as she looked at the different flowers. They were rather lovely really, and she was glad that there was something nice to look at. "Sir knight, come closer so I can speak to you," she said softly. The princess stood up straight, brushing a few strands of hair behind her ear as she calmed down.

Nathan watched as the handmaiden retreated into the castle, and then turned back to the princess. He stayed on the steps leading up to the doors leading into the castle, watching her and the garden itself. Upon hearing Jyade call for him to come closer, he blinked once before doing as she instructed. Walking toward the girl, he stood beside her and looked her in the eyes through his visor as she looked back at him. "Yes, Princess Jyade? Is there something you would like for me to do?"

Jyade gently felt the flower petals, looking more at the ones with a touch of purple than she was the rest of the pretty flowers. Her green eyes went to each of the purple flowers, the ones she thought were the prettiest of them all. The young woman turned to face the man then, her eyes narrowed a bit as she spoke. "Sir knight, I order you to keep your mouth shut when speaking to another woman. Just nod or shake your head, you can only answer me. Understand?" She turned away from him and started to walk, not expecting him to ask questions.

"U-Uh...Yes...Princess Jyade..." He was confused. Why would she wanted him to remain silent when talking to other women? The only woman who he would HAVE to talk to would be the Queen, as her word overpowered Jyade's so long as they were in the kingdom of Light. When she began to walk onward, he followed after her. "Your highness...Princess Jyade...Might I ask you why you have ordered such a thing for me? It is a rather...odd request...or rather order to give someone."

Stopping for a moment, the woman stood there unsure of what made him question her so. Her tail grew out beneath her dress because of her surprise, the tip of it poking it from underneath as she continued to move. "No, you can't ask that," she said softly. "I'm a spoiled princess who just wants to give orders every once in a while. You shouldn't be questioning me, sir knight." She stopped at a tiger lily and touched its petals softly, frowning a bit before retracting her hand. She was the princess of the kingdom of darkness, which meant that she was supposed to destroy such things.

"Forgive my saying, your highness...but my loyalty is to my kingdom. Not yours. I only heed your wishes and protect you because my king has ordered it of me. I can speak freely to you with only punishment of pain being my consequence, rather than death. And you...are acting weird, your highness. You may act like a spoiled brat, but you seem to be trying to control me. You want me for yourself and I do not know why."

"Maybe I want to control something in my life," she snapped. She whirled around to look at the man behind her, her ears starting to stick out of her hair and her eyes golden like a canine's. "Do not question me again knight. And leave me be." The girl changed forms suddenly, leaping out of her clothes and into the flowers. She moved about quickly and away from where she once stood, not truly knowing where she was going but not caring. There was nothing she could control in her life. She couldn't control her fate or what anyone did it seemed. Her tail flicked to the side as she slowed down, her black body hidden in the darkness the flowers provided.

Nathan watched as the girl stripped down and ran through the large groves of flowers. He heeded what she said, and left her be...though he had a job to keep an eye on her. He went to a higher point, and climbed a decorative statue and stood atop of the head, his lance pressed into the shoulder of the statue to help keep him steady. He watched as the flowers moved with her as she went deeper into the flower groves. "Your highness!" He called out for her to hear. "I am afraid you are going to far!" He jumped down and began to start running through the flowers, hoping to catch up with the girl as fast as he could.

Jyade leaped when she heard the man's shout, running through the flowers as fast as her paws would carry her and further from the approaching knight. Perhaps that was why it happened. Her right ear flicked slightly when she heard a arrow stick into the ground nearby. Another arrow was soon next to that one. The girl stayed in her fox form, eyes closed tightly as she started to stay still. The people were out in the trees around the castle, hidden by shadows but moving to fire at her.

Nathan rushed forward as fast as he could, lance drawn out as it began to catch on fire, thus catching the garden on fire as he ran across. He soon caught up with Jyade, but lept up into the air and slashed his lance out several times to send out several firewaves toward the trees, thus catching them on fire and illuminating the assassins. "Begone! Rogues! Leave this place or fear an eternal torture until your soul ceases to exist!"

"How can you protect the thing that will be our downfall?!" One of the men shouted. "You doom us all by protecting one of those dark creatures," another called out.

The princess had her eyes open and was staring into the forest at the men that had tried to kill her. The fur on her black, bushy tail was bristling a bit as she looked at them, ears pressing against her head in anger. The men were running away though, fearing the wrath of royals more than anything. And she didn't open her mouth to speak. She didn't want to admit that the knight had been right even if he was.

Several other knights ran out to see what the commotion was. Most of them began to put out the raging fire that was engulfing the royal gardens...and the rest came over and pinned Nathan down, stripping him of his weapon and dragging him off and away from the girl. One of the knights approached the girl. "I hope you are alright, your highness...That knight will be put to punishment soon enough." He stood up and bowed to her. "We are so sorry for the inconvenience...He will be put to death shortly for nearly harming you and burning down the royal gardens in the process."

"Oh really?" She yelped out in pain as she grew once again. It happened in the blink of an eye, first she was the size of a normal fox and then she was towering over the knight that had spoken to her, her two tails lashing as she looked at the knight, growling angrily and showing her sharp canines. "If that man if put to death then I shall personally plague you with knights that will have you shaking even when you are awake. That knight just saved my life." There were small flames at the tips of her tails and she stepped back, her movement making the ground shake a bit. "I'm sure my parents would love that a person who saved me was later killed. It would make it seem like you all want me to be killed though."

"E-Erk...No! No, your highness!" He called for them not to kill Nathan, and a courier ran off to deliver the message as fast as he could. "But your highness...He still burned down the royal garden. He must be punished. It will take months for us to plant the seeds to regrow all of these flowers and years for them to grow to the height they used to be. He must be punished for such an act..." He was trying not to spark the war between Light and Darkness all the while upholding their kingdom's laws.

Jyade's tails continued to move as she looked down at the knight. "If that's all you people want then my brother can come and grow your flowers within seconds. Do not waste my time with such petty things. That man saved my life, and if I were killed then a war would've started and you people are still thinking about the flowers. Many more flowers would've been destroyed, people dead, if not for him." She turned and started to make her way to the castle, shrinking down to the normal size of a fox once she was at the door. Shifting like that always hurt, though there was nothing she could do about that.

The knight stepped back and looked away. "We will...See to it that the knight is unharmed..." With that, he stepped forward once more, and followed after her into the castle as a temporary guardian. Nathan was soon brought toward Jyade, his armor was missing aside from a chain-link shirt he was wearing over peasant clothing. "Nathan will survive and will not be harmed..." A knight who accompanied him had spoke. "Though he has been demoted...He is not a knight of the royal order no more, but shall still accompany you if you would like for him to."

Her ears pressed back against her head, finding that she was angry at herself for not listening earlier. If she had then this wouldn't of happened. "He shall accompany me. You people make me sick." She turned away and went to her room, quickly running into her room before changing to her human form. She was naked and quickly put a nightgown on. Her tail was still out and moving a bit as she tried to push back her own guilt. It was no use though. She knew that she ruined the knight's life, the life he probably took pride in and the only thing he knew.

When Nathan finally arrived to her room, it would seem that his lance had been traded out for a sword that he kept in its sheathe which was attached to his hip. He walked over to Jyade and got down to a knee. "Princess...Princess Jyade are you alright...? Did you hurt yourself at all? Were you injured in me protecting you...?" Even though he was demoted from Royal Knight to a simple soldier in the army, unfit for armor, he was showing more concern for the princess. "I should not have allowed you to go so far...I never expected you to run as far as you did and as fast as you did...It was my fault."

Back
Top Bottom