Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Trading one shackle for another (YHM and I)

Sighing again Nero said "Then they would have seen My coffin and ran then it would have been harder to kill them. Oh, also thank you for reminding me" jumping off the seat and landing behind the carriage Nero walked back to the men and started rooting though their pocketsand picking up one of the knives. Jogging back to the carriage he climbed up as it moved along the road. handing Ameria the knife he started counting the coins he found "to the victors go the spoils" he remarked without looking at what he suspected was the horrified look on her face then handed he about a third of the coins and added "your first months wages"

Her face was filled with shock and terror. Her hand would take the coins as she gasped in disbelief. "i get paid.. I.. You.." feeling a little over whelmed she started to fall backwards into the wagon from fainting. She could not believe any of thisthat had happen in the most recent 24 hours. And her body was just at it limits from being ready for sleep and her to wake from the perfect dream she thought she was having.

Nero caught her and tipped her slowly into back of the carriage letting her sleep as he needed her awake to drive in the morning. an hour before sunrise he heard her start to stir and said "good you are awake, to answer your question before you fainted, yes you get paid that is the cheif difference between a slave and a servant is it not? also wake up quickly sunrise approaches and I need to be in my coffin before then"

still in shock but more rested up and ready to take on the day. "uh.. yeah.. i just.." her voice broke to a whsiper "wow.. this isnt a dream.. im really free from slavery.." hearing him mention the dawn she jumped into the seat. "yes sir nero. sorry sir. you should have woken me a little earlier.." feeling the coins still clinched in her hand she looked at the smallish pile then smiled to herself. "i am going to buy a watch when we getto town.. that way i never lose track of the time." feeling like her mother would be so proud of her she just simply took the reins from his colds hands. "your turn to rest sir nero. i can handle the day." her face still held a proud smile.

"I let you sleep because I needed you awake during the day, it would defeat the purpose of having you here if we both were unable to function while the sun is up" hearing her mention a watch he said as he climbed into his coffin "its good to know there is some practicality in that vacuous head of yours

Ameria kept smiling. She was so proud of herself for taking such a huge step. Reaching to put the coins in the pocket of her skirt she brushed against a small still sore spot from her rear and groaned a little in pain. Holding the reins tight in her hands she started to think about how mad she had been at him the night before about whipping her. Making sure he was in his coffin she finally broke the silence and spoke to herself or the horses if they cared to listen. "well last night was stupid of me to even get upset over a whipping that was for my own good. But a watch is a perfect way to make sure i dont get a whipping again.. Servants dont get whippings. Not any that i been told of." she went on about the morals and jobs of servants she had always been told about for hours til the horses came to a small halt. They was a little tired and something was blocking the path.

ameria stood up and looked down at the pile of branches and leaves. "hmm... Hello?" she called out wondering if someone was working near by and stupidly piled it in the way not thinking anyone would be traveling through. But seeing no one around she gave a annoyed sigh before hopping off the wagon to find a way around the stupid unessary pile of branches and leaves blocking the path.

After a good half an hour lost she had gotten a path big enough for the wagon to squeeze through and carry on the journey. With feeling she took hours to get through ameria would coach the horses to go a little faster for a good distance. Getting towards the end of the day she and the horses had came upon a little are by a creek. Stopping to rest a little ameria gathered some wood from the area and started a small fire to cook her some food while she waited for the sun to go down.

starting to move as the sun set Nero flexed as he did every evening, then opened his coffin and stepped out into the newly born night. Looking around he walked up silently behind Ameria and said "had a little delay did we? I felt the carriage stop for a bit, what happened?"

Ameria was not expecting Nero to sneak up on her so suddenly, Jumping up and knocking over the urn of water she had filled from the creek. "Ohhhh! Sir Nero!.. Uh.. Yeah Sorry Sir, There was a huge pile of branches and leaves, I had to clear up a path wide enough so we could get through. I didn't see anyone around so maybe them men from last night had set it up but I stopped here cause the horses are tired and I have not ate all day.." she lowered her head feeling she was in trouble.

Looking around the sight Nero pulled up a log and sat beside Ameria and said " worry not child I figured those bandits had blocked the road somewhere so people couldn't charge right past them" looking around he frowned and said "could you fetch me my wine I put it in the chest opposite my coffin and my glass, there should be a cup in there for you if you would like some"

Ameria nodded then moved to pick up the urn setting it up right. She would walk to the wagon and climb in. She would get into the chest and grab the only bottle of wine she seen and two glasses. She carefully climbed out the wagon and walked back over to him. She would sit back on her log and smile as she held the bottle and glasses up for him.

Taking the bottle in one hand and his glass in the other Nero uncorked the bottle with his teeth and poured himself a glass then poured about half a glass into Ameria's cup. Handing her the bottle he removed the cork from his teeth and took the bottle back and corked it before taking a sip and saying his thanks for her fetching it.

Ameria watched him as he poured the wine, just giving a nod she got up, with her glass and walked over to the fire pit and checked on the food she was cooking. "we can head out after i eat.. the food don't have much longer. so.. i was thinking today.. maybe when we get to town.. if i am allowed.. i can explore. no running away. just be able to experience what it would been like if i wasn't born in the market.. but Its also cause I would like to get you something sir.. as a gift.." She sipped on the wine as she walked back over to join him.

Nero smiled slightly and said "not necessary Child, I have everything I need, and it is a small town we are coming up to so there won't be much to explore" then taking a sip he watched the fire from a distance not coming within six feet of it

Ameria smiled and tilted her head "so.. that's the fun of it. besides.. not to be rude but i am sure you want some alone time to feed..." she would go to slip on the wine but gulp it down in one gulp. then held the glass up for more more please sir..

Back
Top Bottom