Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Trading one shackle for another (YHM and I)

Brokenfang

Star
Walking through the darkened allies looking for the door he wanted, Nero finally stopped at one and opened it. Stepping inside he was immediately accosted by two men who he assumed were part troll or gorrilla due to their size. Not bothering to even speak he started to walk past them when they put their hands up to stop him and he merely reached and gripped their arms and twisted breaking them like twigs. Moving lithely behind them he grabbed one by the head and twisted it so his head was facing backwards then grabbed the other and bit into his neck and drained him of blood.

Opening the door they were gaurding he was greeted with a smell of fear and bodily excretions, grimacing he strode in looking into the cages one at a time until he found one he liked. A girl with green eyes and chocolate brown hair. looking at he faced the cage directly and said in a clear concise voice that could only come from centuries of speaking "how would you like to get out of here?"

The girl was quick to push her face to the cage door to look at the man. "really? But they said i was being sold tomorrow.." her lime green eyes studied the man for a moment. Giving a few blinks she finally gave a rather odd frown and pull the chain that held her shackled to the wall of her small cage. "but sir i will do anything if you get me out of here but im afraid it might be a tad impossible." dropping the chain, it clattered to the stone floor of the cage.

other women and girls raised their voices to the man "me me! Take me!" most of them were not shackled to a wall in their cages. Back towards the far back they would hear a door start to open as a man yelled in "shut it up in there or i will starve you bitches for the week!" hearing the man the girl jumped but looked at the man and whispered "dont leave me here.. I am honest i will do anything you want sir.. Please" wanting out so bad not caring what dangers might be thrown at her, she gave the man a pledding look.

Throwing a frigid galre at the other captives he said looking back at the girl "I'm here to offer a deal to you, and you alone. I'll faciliate your escape if you will come and serve me not as a slave per say but as a servant" reaching through the bars and grasped the chain in his hand and pulled it apart quickly and explained "a gesture of good faith, if you will, in anticipation of your acceptance"

The girls eyes widden and almost shined in the dim light. "anything.. I will do anything. A servant is what you want and a servant is what you will have." reaching down to grab the part of the chain linked to her and moved so he could open the door to her cage.

in the distance the door would shut then open as a older woman carrying a bucket of rotten fruits and other foods for the girls and started to scoop them out into the trays connected to the cages. The woman was too busy working until she was close to where he stood. Instantly dropping the bucket the woman started to scream "intruder! Sire there is a intruder!"

the girl in the cage looked at the man "sir if your serious about getting me out please do so now..." she knew that once the men caught on to the woman alerts they surely could be caught and surely she would be severly punished.

Moving quicker than the eye Nero stopped behind the woman and covered her mouth stopping any further sound, but the damage was done. The man who looked in earlier opened the door and ran in, noting that he had just come form a now empty room Nero jerked his hand back snapping the woman's neck then dashed forward and drove his knuckles into the man's chest splitting his sternum. Walking back to the girl he grabbed the lock to her cage and ripped it off the wooden door and started to walk away without waiting for her to follow and called back "come along no time for slacking"

the girl was frighten that the man killed the woman and man so quick. her cage door squeaked open and she rushed out still holding the chain connected to her leg. looking at the bodies she took a huge swallow of her own saliva. "uh.. did you really have to kill her?.." she asked as she turned and started to run to catch up to him. "she didnt have to..."

other women started screaming at the two as they headed out the room. getting to the door the girl pulled the door shut then tied the knob with a strip of her cloth clothing so it would stay shut. turning to look down the alley she noticed more guards. "uh sir.. i think we been spotted.." she stood almost frozen in fear.

"if I didn't kill her she would have most certainly gone to collect more guards, making our escape even more difficult" hearing the clinking of her leg shackles he bent down and snapped them as well. and turning as she said company he looked down the street and said "they are heading away from us and haven't heard anything yet. Also, we are heading in the opposite direction so there is no need to fret at the moment"

she watched him get the cuff of the shackled chain off her leg and gave a warm nod about what he said about the woman and guards. "right.. so.. uh.. your a vampire.. why didnt you get more girls? surely my blood wont be enough.." she figured by servant he meant she was going to be his blood bag. she followed him as he lead the way out of the maze alleys.

while they walked she studied the man from the back side. she finally would speak up "im ameria.. do you have a name?"

Nero listened to her speak and was quiet a while as the walked and finally spoke "yes I'm a Vampire and I don't need you for your blood. I can get that else where I need you as a day time protector and driver. and My name is Nero." leading her through the back allies he brought her to a covered carraige that was waiting for him. Looking at her he said "dawn is not for a few more hours, Inside you can rest and eat I have food for you in there as I expect the woman was bringing you your first meal in days"

She blinked a little scaredly but nodded and moved to the covered wagon. "yeah.. I didnt eat the foods much.. I stole breads and other meats while working.. The food they served us was gross.." she looked at him then to the sky for a moment.

staring up at the sky she smiled then looked back to him "uh just a question.. Wont people think its odd a girl like me is driving a wagon..?" she looked down at herself. Her skin was covered in dirt patches and scars from whips that had left marks in spots. Her hair had not seen a brush in years and her nails were caked with dried mud and other materials she had caught under them. The cloth like dress was torn and tattered like she had worn only them for months. "im a mess.." she peeked into the wagon not really wanting to dirty the neatness it did hold.

"don't worry about your apperance, the paths I frequent are used to strange sights" seeing her hesitate when she opened the door he added "I can leave you here if you wish" and started to climb up to the seat. turning to her he said "worry not about getting dirt in there just avoid getting it on my coffin and you can clean it out when we get to a place where you can bathe"

She almost jumped when he said he could leave her. "oh no... Please dont do that.. I wont touch your coffin sir nero.." she wasnt sure what she was suposed to call him and hoped she wasnt going to be in trouble for calling him sir nero. She climbed in and moved to a small area that was far from his coffin but small enough for her to curl up in. She curled up pulling her knees to her chest and wrapped her arms around them resting her head on her knees. "a bath sounds really nice.." she started to think about what it would feel like to use hot water. She always dreamed about warm baths and more freedom and somehow it seemed this man was willing to allow her these things to just lead his wagon.

while in thought she looked at his coffin wondering why the man picked her. He could have gotten a boy to drive his wagon she thought to herself. She started to wonder where he was planning to go anyways. "so where are you traveling to?" she just asked out not really remembering her place of silence til spoken to.

"I travel in a large circuit around a bunch of towns. I pass this town once every ten years. next town is three days away day non stop travel but the horses have to rest every so often so its more like five" Nero said as he snapped the reigns on the horses and aimed them down the forest trail.

She listened to him. " i see.. So uh.. Will you show me how to do things? I never worked with horses or animals.. I am usely in the feilds.. So you just travel.. This will be an adventure.." she found the man a little odd but it made him more interesting to her.

when she could tell they was a good distance from the slave trade market she moved to the front of the wagon and looked out. She never had been away from the place. She was born there and grew up there. Only time she ever explored was when she tired to fly away before they caught her and stoned her down. Wanting to shift to her favorite animal the snow owl she just took a deep breath. "so how much further?"

"A Vampire as... Overt... as I usually can't stay in one place too long. Also, I already said five days" moving to one side he began teaching her how to steer the horses.

Seeing him slide over and making room for her she took the seat and watched him to learn steering. "no i meant the bath sir nero.." she was lucky a fast learner so soon she would hold her hands up for the reins. "i can handle traveling.. I always wanted to. Oh uh sir nero you might not care but i am not just human sir.. I shift into animals and others... Like mimicing.. Or cloneing.. Which ever you prefer sir....." she stopped talking when she was close to bringing up the fact she never would have kids since the market made sure of it.

becoming silent she just watched the horses as they trot along the path. Her thoughts where scattering about many things. Her hands still waiting for the reins so she could start her job as his servant. Her tummy did growl slightly but she was not really desired to eat. She had other things on her yound mind.

looking up at the greying sky Nero said "dawn approaches, there is a river that we pass about an hour past sunrise that you can water the horses and bathe in if you wish but there are no inns on this path before the next town" Handing her the reigns he added "the shifting is interesting I knew I chose you for a reason" then he climbed into the back of the carriage and shut his coffin just as the first rays of the sun peirced the horizon

With the reins in her hands she glances back about to ask a question but gave a sigh. Looking back she smiled and just watched the rising sun and horses as they pulled the wagon.

after a hour she came along the river he mentioned. She settled the horses and got the straps undone allowing them to freely roam a little and drink and dip into the river. She would strip her cloths off and bathe with the cleaning stuff. After a good half hour of washing all the dry mud and other dirty stuff from her body and hair she found a set of girls clothes. Wondering if it was meant for her she just slip them on then climbed into the wagon to clean it up some.

after all the cleaning was done and the horses were water and fed she strapped them back to the wagon and started to follow the path again. Stopping only when need to or to eat she would travel all day til it was close to dusk.

In his coffin Nero rested but was aware of the passage of time and felt the cart stop at the river then move on after a while. When the final lights of day died he unlocked his coffin from the inside and pushed it open to join her and said "I assume nothing interesting happened. besides your bathing of course"

Looking to him she shook her head no. "the bath was pretty warm. I found everything just find.. I must say thank you for the clothes.. Bu. And the path was pretty much untouched. We should find a spot to camp.. Do you think i could scout the area right fast?" she would ask perking up with excitement.

Thinking a long moment Nero replied "be back in ten minutes or I'll come searching for you, and I will not be as pleasant as I am now. Though we won't need to stop for a while longer" taking the reigns from her he snapped them quickly causing the horses to pick up some speed and reclined slightly in the seat.

Ameria looked a little worried but nodded then climbed into the back striping her clothes before shifting to a pure white snow owl and spreading her wings to take flight after reaching the opening of the wagon. She flew up high into the sky to scout the area below. She explored for a few minuets but circled close to the wagon. Before taking a landing on a rail of the wagon.

giving him a look with her owl eyes she would screach in a soft owl tone and then flutter herself into the wagon to shift back. "there is nothing for miles. Uh i hope that wasnt more then ten minuets.. I dont know how to tell time without looking at a clock sir.." she spoke to him from inside the wagon as she started redressing.

"you were only gone five" Nero remarked smiling slightly and tilting his head to face her so she wasn't talking to the back of his head and added "I could have told you that too. tell me did you enjoy your flight?" reaching back as soon as she was dressed Nero pulled Ameria back to the front and next to him. turning to her again he said "so why do you desire to set up camp? the night has just begun."

Ameria was shocked by his actions of pulling her to his side but blinked at him blankly. "uh it was great. I enjoyed the flight.. I uh.. I figured the horses where tired.." she pointed to one of them "that one seems to have something in his hoof.. I was going to groom them and try to help him.." she wasnt one to really sit back and watch animals or people suffer but she was one to not step into something she shouldnt.

turning from him she looked around "and im a little hungry.. Warm food would be nice.." she put her head down in shame feeling a little rude that she was telling him her thoughts and needs.

Looking at the horse for a while Nero finally said "very well and pulled off to the side of the road at a small clearing. Jumping down from the carraige he walked over to the horse in question and checked his hoof thoroughly. Setting the horse's leg down he slapped it on the shoulder and said "faker." Looking at Ameria he said "go gather fire wood, and don't take long"

Back
Top Bottom