Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Kiko and Raziel: Magic acadamy

Kikora

Banned
Banished
Teyha glanced down once more at the slip of papaer that was supposed to guide her to her new classroom, some advanced spellcasting course her old teacher had pushed to have her transfered to, after less than a month in his basic course. It was an easy class, low level spells and enchantments that she had been using for months, and he had caught her dozing in class one too many times to let her stay behind. Of curse, she wasn't sleeping just because she was bored, or uninterested in the class... But she could hardly tell the faculty why she felt the need to fall asleep during the day, and stay up all night.

She paused for a moment, tugging nervously at the long sleeve of her coat to hide the dark bruises on her arms, as she glanced around, finally spotting her new classroom. She rushed over, pausing for a moment as the older witches and wizards turned to stare at her, arching eyebrows as they assumed the underclassman had come into their room by mistake. "Good morning..." She mumbled, dropping her eyes from theirs as she found a vacant seat in the back corner of the classroom, managing to just sit down then the thundering bells sounded, announcing class was to start. The other students all moved to their desks as well, sitting quietly as they waited for the teacher to begin.

Teyha took the chance to look around nervously, absorbing the details of the room before she pulled out her heavy new textbook. She glanced in it earler when they first announced her transfer, but didn't understand a word of it.

Julien sat behind his desk at the front of the class as he waited for the bell to ring, signaling the beginning of the class. He had gotten the message of a new student a day beforehand, a move up from the younger students that had a tendency to sleep in class. While he didn't figure that that was a reason to move a student up, he shrugged it off. He didn't know as much as the dean, so who was he to argue?

The bell finally rung, and all the students were sitting at the desks, including the new student at the back. He had pushed forward some of the class days, letting them relax into the other classes before this one, so this was pretty much the first day, even if it was a month into the Semester. Everyone was more than ready for it. "Everyone stand up and sit in a circle around the center of the room." He said, moving to the front of his desk as it pushed back against the wall.

He waited for everyone to move as he had said before continuing. "This is the advanced elemental magic class, as you all know. In the basic elementary class, you learned how to use and bend the elements, from the roaring fires to the deepest darkness. This class will teach you much more, how every element is interwoven into each other. The cooling fire, to the most burning ice. The healing power of the shadows to the most devastating blows from light."

Teyha didn't have to wait long before class began, but she was already leaning her cheek against her palm, watching sleepily as she teacher rose, and gave his instructions. Teyha groaned under her breath as she was forced to stand, moving her desk to the wall along with everyone elses before she moved to stand in the circle.

Again she was met with odd looks as she took her position, trying to half hide between two taller girls to keep from being noticed. His lecture began, and teyha listened carefully, nodding every few moments. She had not technically leaned about the elements in her last class, but could control most with some degree of ease all the same. But to this extent? A flame that cools, or ice that burns? It was beyond advanced, and she had a sinking feeling that she was just dumped into something she was far from prepared for.

He looked between the faces that were around them, most of them seemed somewhat confused from his explanation, or even that such a thing was possible. His hand came forward, near the middle of the circle, and a bright red fire came out, hovering just a millimeter above his skin. Slowly, the color of it turned a dark blue, not the bright, blazing blue of heat, but the darker blues of ice. It still flickered with the burning flame, but now the air was getting colder around them.

He closed his hand, the fire going out instant, the light in the room coming back to normal. "Now, because this class will test your work with elements to the limit, I want you to use your elemental powers today, getting mastery on them." He moved to his desk, sitting down behind it before looking up at them. "That's your assignment for the class."

Teyha watched the demonstration in wonder, her eyes examining the deep blue flame that seemed to pulse cold with every flicker of it's flame. It was magnificent, and Teyha stared in open wonder until he closed his hand and ended the spell.

She shook her head, wondering if she would ever ve able to do something like that, and moved quietly back to the corner of the room her desk was in. The other students set to work as well, summoning different magicks in an attempt to mimic his spell. Teyha herself created a small crystal of ice in her palm, a quiet bit of elemental magic, not overly flashy or impressive like other student's displays.

Unfortunately, as is often the case, in trying to avoid attention Teyha drew the eyes of a few of the upperclassmen boys, who elbowed each other lightly a few times as they watched her concentrate. One boy, gestured and another nodded, raising his hand as their eyes flashed in humor. A moment later Teyha's ice melted as a scorching fire erupted between her hands. She let out a startled yelp, leaping backward, before she stumbled and fell onto the floor with a strangled cry. The fire managed to burn several small holes into the sleeve on her coat, the embers still growing red even as the girl patted them out. More concerning, it left several burns on her hands and wrists, many trailing up towards her hidden bruises.

The boys who set the blaze moved in quickly, trying to wipe the laughter off their faces as they held out hands to help the little witch up

Julien simply sat at his desk, half paying attention to the class, though his third eye had visions of all the elementals being used in the classroom, and the paths used to bring them to be. There was a kid further off in the side that was rather fluid with the use of dark magic, and he knew he would have to keep an eye out.

He heard the yelp from Teyha, his head darting up and his hand flying forward, a beam of light passing through the classroom, leaving a scorch mark in the wall next to the head of one of the boys. He moved forward, helping Teyha up before turning to the class, his face a dark red from anger. His voice took a lower tone of scorn and vehemence.

"There is a reason why this is called a advanced class. Elemancy is dangerous in itself with using one element in the natural state, and this class will be moreso, making them less natural! The further you go in classes, the more dangerous it becomes, especially once you start mixing more than one element together! Because of this..." He moved over to his desk while in his dark talking, sitting down. "The school has made very strict rules on horseplay on the higher levels. After this class, any horseplay from students with the use of elemental powers is a instant expulsion for the endangerment of other students. Just for what I had seen, I have half a mind to send a notice for expulsion for some of your classmates. This is the only warning I'm giving out."

His head turned to Teyha, seeing the slight burn marks on her arm from the fire, and his hand stretched out again, a beam of light, less focused, washing over her arm to heal it. It took slightly longer because of the distance, but it was gone within moments.

Teyha was honestly shocked when a bright beam of light shot across the classroom, barely missing the head of one of the boys. The young man jumped slightly, and turned to glower at the teacher for a moment as he approached. All the same the group parted, and Teyha found herself in the very awkward position of being helped onto her feet while the entire class watched.

"Thanks." She murmured, trying not to seem rude, before Julien began his lecture. A few of the boys rolled their eyes, while others nodded slowly, waiting for the teacher to move back to the desk before patting Teyha on the shoulder lightly, laughing lightly about it just a little fun, before stepping back when a second ray of light shot forward, blanketing Teyha's burns to heal the damage away. Within a few seconds her skin was back to its normal complexion, and Teyha rubbed her wrists lightly, smiling when she didn't even feel a twinge of pain.

It would seem fire is the element of the older boys, even as they retreated from Teyha they were working again on their fire, and the rest of the class followed their examples, focusing on their work without even a glance back at the young witch who crept back to her corner of the room, sitting on her desk with her back to the rest of the room as she concentrated. Healing would be a useful power to have with her life, she reasoned, and in the instant Julien had healed her burns she could have sworn she caught at least part of the spell.

Healing itself wasn't taught in her basic elements course, it was an advanced lesson reserved for only those gifted in white magic, or those who managed to end up in this class, she supposed. All the same she wanted to try, and she worked on it, smiling slightly into her palms as the soft light appeared. For now it was just illuminating, not healing, and Teyha knew it'd take more than one class to learn how to heal even her own little cuts and bruises, but she enjoyed learning new spells all the same.

After his outburst, everyone seemed to quiet down and work on their own, which was good for him, at least. He didn't have to deal with anyone being too loud, or abusing their magic like the boys had done. While everyone worked, he occupied himself with some practice with shadow magic, forming balls of darkness and floating them around the room, ever wary of someone trying to touch them, keeping them out of reach from everyone. It was more powerful arcane than they had seen this far, so he made sure they wouldn't fuck around with it.

As the class winded down, he dissipated the dark balls, standing up from his desk. "That will be enough for today. I will see you all tomorrow for the first real lesson of this class. Dismissed." He sat back down, getting out some paper, writing down his own notes on the class.

Teyha smiled down at her work, the small orb of light shining softly between her fingers, pulsing slightly as she pumped a small bit of her energy in in gentle waves. She barely paid mind to the small orbs of shadow that drifted around the room, floating just shy of arms distance. Several other students watched them in intrest, one even trying to swat at the teachers magic before it floated away. And all to soon, class ended, Julien stood and dismissed everyone, the students filing out of the room to their next class, except for Teyha, who slowly gathered her books as the last of the upperclassmen left.

Once eveyone was gone Teyha approached the desk, "You shouldn't have done that...." Teyha told him quietly, and she shook her head. "I don't mean to seem ungrateful, I am glad you stopped them, and healed my burns." She smiled, and glanced down at her hands, glad that the burns were gone. "But now they'll only do worst, in ways that I wont know who is picking on me, and there isn't much anyone can do..."

The students filed out of the classroom, until only Teyha remained. Julien watched as she came forward, expressing her worries, but he just hook his head. "They won't do anything of the sorts." He said, in a low voice. "They know doing that means expulsion from here, they wouldn't risk it. But, if you're so worried about it..."

His hands went in front of him, spinning a orb of all 8 colors in front of him, before he pulled at it, and a large eye came out, surrounded by what seemed to be 8 tendrils, one of each color/element, looking almost like a Beholder. It floated up to Teyha's shoulder, then turned to face the way she did.

"This is a sort of security against spells." He said, gesturing towards it. "I can use it to see the different waves of magic being used, where they are coming from, and even dispel them if need be. If someone bothers you, I will know about it."

Teyha frowned slightly at his assurance that she would be left alone. Boys her age rarely considered the full consequences of their actions, or if they did believed they were too clever to be caught. After all, magic was hard to trace, and Teyha knew all too well that is was impossible to tell who cast a spell after the effects were over.

But Julien was prepared for this, it seemed, and extended his hands, another orb appearing, but this one a focus of eight colors, spinning brightly before her. Witha small pull an eye appeared, and tendrils of the colors surrounded it. Teyha blinked, and stared at the thing, , curious as Julien began to explain it's powers. 'So... It senses magic...?" Teyha wondered, and looked briefly excited, before she frowned, a thought occuring to her. "I'm sorry, but I can't accept this, Mr Jullien..." She told him softly, shaking her head sadly. Even if the spell worked exactly as he wanted it.. No, especially if it worked just right then Teyha would be in trouble. Her almost nightly torture from her brother would be recorded, there was no doubt... And even if Julien believed her, no one else would. Her mother would work to get the teacher fired if he tried to help, and when break came and Teyha returned home... She shivered at the prospect. "No, I'll be fine on my own, Thanks, but I... I think it'd be wisest if you just turned a blind eye tome..."

She was slurring her words slightly now, obviously nervous about something. But if her safety was in any way in danger, then it would be on his head if something happened to her. "You will accept this security." He said, eyes hardening slightly. "Or else I will have it sent in for a guardian or two to be on watch over you 24/7 while you are here at school. Do you understand?" His voice was final, and he lowered his head to get some of the paperwork done. "Dismissed."

He was being harsh, but it was for her own good. He wrote down the protocols for a Beholder sentry being in use to watch out for the girl, then got up. It was almost time for dinner, so e locked the classroom up before heading downstairs.

Teyha tensed when he made his threat, "I don't need a babysitter!" Teyha protested, resisting the urge to stomp her foot and glare, those actions would not help her case one bit right now. "How do you expect me to work with a creature floating by my head all day? I'll be teased by everyone."

She spouted off any excuse that came to mind, quickly stepping out of the classroom as Julien locked up, before she caught his arm, staring up at him desperately, "Please." She told him softly, "Things wont go well with you watching me, for either of us. Not just about the bullying, don't get yourself pulled into something that you can't help. It's best just to forget it, trust me. Please?"

"Do you even know about the Beholder?" He said, almost in a casual tone as he finished locking the classroom door with a magical lock, starting to stroll downstairs for dinner. "The Beholder is a amazing magical creature, able to dispel most spells with ease, using all of the eyes on its tentacles to cast a multitude of elemental spells and rays. When magic doesn't work, it's able to shoot gastric juices at high velocities to paralyze and kill those that attack it. Very few are able to defeat a Beholder."

He reached the stairs, with her still trying to get him to reconsider. "The matter is closed, I have made my decision. Those that look upon you with a Beholder on your side will be rather amazed that such a powerful creature is following you. Your safety is the first priority to me. There is nothing that will change my mind."

Teyha blinked and turned white at the discription, her stomach churning nervously for a moment. For all the torture she was put through by her family, and mostly by her brother, she didn't want them dead. But, if the being followed her to bed and her brother appeared... She wondered if he would survive, ot in his arrogance destroy himself trying to defeat the familiar.

Teyha sighed, and ran her fingers nerously through her hair, struggling to think of an excuse that the being shouldn't follow, but none came to mind. Besides, by the time he had finished speaking they were at the dining hall, and traditionally students and teachers ate seperately. Teyha paused, sighed again, and turned to move to the freshman tables, "Don't say I did not warn you." She said softly before disapearing into the crowd.

She walked off to her table, and his hand came up, facepalming in the doorway. It wasn't a REAL Beholder, Just a form taken by the elemental that seemed best for the job. It didn't have the powers of one, though it was rather powerful in its own right. But whatever, she can be stubborn, but she won't lose that eye. He walked to the staff table, sitting in his chair and getting some turkey, eating it slowly.

The Headmaster came up to him with papers, the papers that he had sent up after the class about the small watcher over Teyha. Julien simply looked up. "Is there something wrong with them, Headmaster?" He saw what they were, so no need to ask.

"Oh, nothing wrong with it." The man had said, setting them on the table next to him. "You just forgot to sign them."

"Oh." Julien pulled out a pen, signing them quickly before handing them back to the Headmaster.

Teyha grimaced to herself as the eye followed her, drawing many curious gazes as she made her way through the crowd. She finally reached her table, and sat, trying not to look anyone in the face as she pretended to consider her dinner choices.

"What is that?" Her friend Sorrie asked, staring openly at the eye as it floated above her shoulder.

"An annoyance." Teyha said tightly, taking some of the mashed potatoes to pile onto her plate, "My new teacher is having it follow me to discourage bullying... And he wont listen to me when I tell him that I don't need it."

Sorrie laughed some, eyeing the watcher again before she started to eat as well. Teyha shook her head slightly knowing better than to speak on it more. Sorrie might be one of the only people in the school who she spoje with regularly, but that did not make her trustworthy, in fact Sorrie was far from it, manipulative and often cruel, lashing out at those around her for often no reason at all.

Teyha sighed again, shaking her head as she leaned her chin against her hand. This year would be difficult, she could tell. All she wanted was for dinner to be over so she could prepare for bed, and hope that she was wrong in her fears...

Back
Top Bottom