Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Safety in the Colonies [(SweetSin x Javorcek)

Javorcek

Supernova
Fifty years, that’s how long it has been since the viral outbreak just about, destroyed the world. A little dramatic, yes, but true. A virus that was being transferred by Russia to Iraq was intercepted by the United States, but before they could get to it the Russian military guarding the vile, destroyed it. The contents mixed with the air and soon a new chapter in history was written. It started by killing the weaker species, the larger ones able to overcome the effects. Humans were soon on the menu as it picked off the weaker ones, and if it didn’t kill you, well you were rewarded with a fate worse than death. Mutant, a word often used in horror movies, well, unless you were into X-Men then it had a different meaning. But in this case it was the bad kind, horrifying creatures of all kinds, it wasn’t a set mutation when you changed, everyone was different but all were still horrifying. If the virus didn’t kill you, the mutants certainly tried. But, like I said, it has been fifty years and the remaining survivors soon rebuilt towns, of course they were protected and weapons were of plenty after the military bases were raided.

In the future dystopia, there is some power, harnessed from power plants and surviving engineers passing down their trades so future generations could teach the next. The well off towns had fences around the whole town, guard shacks and heavy weapons, the lesser ones had mostly weapons, some security but what it lacked in protection, it gained in awareness, and hiding. Sirens would go off if a mutant was spotted, or raiders. The homes within the towns often had panic rooms and the town’s people would wait it out until the threat had passed. Most of the towns were away from big cities, the large buildings giving mutants a nice place to hide and that was a problem. Mostly cities were used in the past to raid, now that it’s fifty years later, the only raiding done in cities are for materials needed to construct something. There were vehicles, gasoline didn’t dry up and was still used by those brave enough to look for it or have the time to obtain it. It was a dystopia, meaning it was a shitty future, not a wasteland.

----

lorena-alison-carroll-girl-143289.jpg

Scavenger. That's what Olivia was, nothing but a scavenger.

Her parents had survived the viral outbreak that had converted so many into violent mutants. She'd taken a little bit of knowledge from each of them. Her mother had been a paramedic, her father had been a cop. And now here was Olivia...a mix between the two with enough knowledge to make life not so bad. The small colony that she had been hiding in with her family had been attacked by bandits. All their resources had been swallowed up, the walls protecting the colony had been broken. And of course, right after the bandits had streamed into the colony, the mutants soon followed.

This disease that had torn through countries, ruined whole nations...few had survived. And of course the few that had survived had to make life even more shitty with their in-fighting.

So her parents were gone, too old to properly flea the bandits. Sometimes when your number is up, there's just nothing you can do about it. And the other people Olivia's age that were healthy and had escaped had either died in the colony or split off in search for other areas where humans were: other colonies that they could join. Olivia had split off on her own, sometimes it's easier to take care of yourself rather than worrying about a bunch of other people.

But sometimes, like today, she wished that she had stayed with the group. Today she had managed to wander to close to one of the old cities in her search of food and had managed to attract a whole fucking herd of mutants.

Awesome.

Son of a bitch...

The moment that Olivia heard their screeching cry to alert others in the area that there was food to be had, she started sprinting back towards the woods in hopes of losing the mutants. They don't get tired you know. The mutants don't need to sleep, they barely need to breath. If you shoot them, they die, sure. But they can run for a hell of a lot longer than someone that wasn't infected could. And as hard and as fast as Olivia could run, she wasn't going to make it all night.

"HELP!" The brunette screamed, knowing that she was giving away her position. There were bandits, sure. But she could probably talk her way out of a meeting with them. She couldn't really reason with these mutants though.

Luck was hard to come by during the apocalypse, but for some reason Olivia had just enough luck this time to save her life. Holly Whitaker could hear the screams, and being the soft hearted woman she is, she runs towards the screams. She was wearing a pair of combat boots, camo pants and sports bra. Over the sports bra she had an Army vest with all kinds of deadly tools in it. On her back she had an assault rifle, she didn't plan on using it, instead she was using a long barreled pistol with a scope on it to hunt. As Holly is running towards the scream, she pulls out her binoculars to see the woman running and the mutants hot on her heals. "Fuck." She mutters as she holsters the pistol and pulls the assault rifle off her back. After leaping over a log Holly starts to unload on the mutants behind the girl. "Keep running!" She yells over the gunshots as she stops to reload, never breaking her sprint as she unleashes hell on the mutants.

When Holly reaches Olivia she grabs her and throws her to the ground, dropping to one knee as she continues to rifle off rounds. One by one the mutants fall and the ones that didn't die, run off in the other direction. Dinner did look easy until Holly showed up, and the mutants were smart enough to know they were beaten. Before saying a word to the girl, Holly reloads then straps the rifle to her back. "Are you alright?" The toned woman asks as she leans down and pulls Olivia up to her feet.

Holy mother fuck, who the hell were those bullets aiming for? Her or the mutants?!?!

It was everything Olivia could do to not resist her body's natural urge to duck and cover, and instead just keep running for her life. As bullets whizzed by her head she cringed. You'd think after spending her whole life around guns, she'd be used to the sound by now. But no, Olivia still hated the loud noises. Even more so when they were punctuated by the raspy breaths of mutants and the sounds of footfalls that were not her own. Don't look back...don't listen to their footsteps. Just keep running. Her father's voice rang in her head as she sprinted forward, eyes front.

She met up with a rather muscular looking brunette, one that yanked her to the ground as soon as Olivia was close enough. Panting heavily and rolling over to catch her breath, she watched as the girl unloaded round after round of ammunition into the mutants. Damn... The other woman must be from another colony, no way could she had that much ammo just stockpiled out here on her own! Olivia herself had run out of bullets for her pistols days ago. She was a bit on the thinner side: toned but not suited for carrying heavy weapons. She definitely had the body of scouter; someone who could just take off and hide if things got out of hand.

But she was tired, hungry, and glad for any help that she could get at this point.

"Yeah...I'm fine...thanks..." The lithe brunette smiled, her breathing slowly returning to it's normal pace as the other woman helped her up. "You're a really good shot! That was amazing." Her eyes traveled over the stranger's body, appraising her as one might a shiny new tool found out in the wilds. Hey! Stop staring! With a bit of a blush, she offered her hand to the other girl for a shake. "I'm Olivia by the way...thanks again for saving me."

Holly ignored the girl as she gave her name, instead she turned Olivia around and started nudging her towards Holly's town. "You can talk when we're out of the woods. Now come on before they mutants regroup and decide to munch on you for a snack." Holly leads the woman back towards the town, the large gates opening as the two reach them. "Welcome to Girtershade." Holly closes the gates behind the two girls before walking towards a shop. "This is my place, and I'm Holly." She adds as she unlocks the door and heads inside. Holly lays her gun on the counter, as well as the empty magazines. "This is my weapons shop, I'm the towns repair person." The walls of the shop were lined with old world weapons, the real guns in the basement where Holly mostly works.

"I guess I should ask, where did you come from and why are you alone? You're not the type to survive in the woods alone, or you don't look the part." Holly was sort of a bitch, but you had to be in order to get your way. "Here." Holly grabs a bottle of water from the mini fridge, tossing it to Olivia. "It's fresh rain water, you won't catch anything." All around the outside of the shop Holly had drums that would fill with water when it rained, it was also a good source of income since other towns people would buy some water from her.

Pffft! Mutant's weren't going to get her for a snack! But Olivia marched along with the other young woman at her insistence anyways. She seemed fairly harmless, and when she saw that the girl was leading her towards a walled in colony, she immediately relaxed. This town was quite a bit bigger than the one she had come from and she was eager to look around. Maybe after she took a nap...it had been a few days since she had slept for a whole 8 hours. It's hard to really sleep without anyone around to watch your back in the woods.

Relief immediately washed over her as the gate closed behind them. Well...at least she didn't have to worry about anything chasing her for a little while. And the weapons shop that her new friend owned and operated seemed pretty interesting. Olivia had very little idea about -how- her guns worked. She just knew that they did, and that's all that she scared about.

"Hey! I'll have you know that I can survive in the woods just fine." Olivia grumbled. She caught the bottle of water when it was thrown at her and immediately opened it up, taking a nice big gulp of it before continuing. "Thanks... I came from Trinil...it's about a week's walk from here I guess. We got overrun by bandits...then overrun by mutants when our defenses were down. So a bunch of us ran that could; split off in all different directions and I headed this way. And I was doing fine in the woods...I just kinda was scavenging in the outskirts of that nearby city and then I ran into mutants." There...see? As small as she was, she was perfectly suited for surviving...as long as she stayed out of cities where mutants stayed together in very large clusters.

But where was the fun in staying in safe areas?

"Sooooo since you're the woman I have to talk to about guns...think you can help me out with these?" Olivia asked as she pulled out her two pistols from their holsters and set them down onto the table. Two Glocks to be more precise; the standard issue ones that police officers would carry around...well...when there were still around anyways. "Outta ammo... I can trade you something for some bullets...and maybe a place to crash and some food?" Olivia asked as she shouldered off her backpack to start rummaging around inside, trying to find something. She had a couple of odds and ends in there: Supplements, medicines, bandages, pocketknives, etc. The best thing she had was a Desert Eagle...but she couldn't find the right rounds for it anywhere and had just been carrying it around for awhile.

Holly just listens to Olivia as she goes on and on, this girl was a talker and could pose an annoyance for Holly. But for now she just humors the girl as she keeps talking. "I can get you ammo for your guns." Holly reaches over and takes the Desert Eagle. "A few nights to stay and ammo will cost you this gun." Although it was weaker compared to the custom guns that Holly has created, a Desert Eagle was still a cannon and could do serious damage to a mutant. "I have a place above the shop, it has a spare bedroom you can use. It also has a working bathroom, although it's Well water that comes out. It smells a bit like metal but you'll get used to it. There's soap as well, I make it out of things I scavenge from the woods." Holly takes the Eagle and takes the magazine out. "Go to the back with your stuff, I'll take you upstairs in a moment." Holly pulls out a drawer with ammo in it, filling the magazine then placing the gun on the wall with the others.

"Alright, come with me." Holly pulls down a ladder that leads upstairs, climbing the ladder with her ass swaying from side to side. "I've heard of that town, we would trade there sometimes but soon it went dark over the radio and we assumed the worse. It was seen as too dangerous to go there so we stayed away." Holly turns on the lights upstairs before taking off her vest and hanging it on a hook. "Make yourself at home." She adds before turning the generator on. A radio turns on, as well as an ice box full of meat. "Do you have any change of clothes or anything else besides survival stuff?" She asks while sitting down so she could take off her boots.

Hey, ask a complex question and you're going to get a complex answer. But Olivia could see Holly start to zone out towards the end of her spiel and just rolled her eyes when the girl turned around. Worse than a man... But she supposed there could be shittier places to be; at least the view was nice. Holly grabbed the Desert Eagle and Olivia was glad to be rid of it for exchange in a couple nights of peace. Her arms were only lightly toned...perfect for lifting her own weight and climbing about. But having her try to hold still and deal with the recoil of that hand cannon was next to impossible.

Olivia jammed her things back into her backpack and shouldered it. Then she went off to the side, watching Holly work with the gun. At least the other woman appeared pretty competent in her craft, that was good. She climbed up the ladder behind Holly, her lips curving into a bit of a grin as she noticed the girl's rear swaying so temptingly back and forth. Before she did anything stupid though, she tried her best to clear any and all fantasies that erupted into her mind at the sight of that ass out of her head.

What? She's spent a week in the woods on her own! Of course she wants a little human contact...or a lot of human contact...

Olivia shook her head at the question of having anything other than survival things. "Just a second set of clothes...everything else is just necessary gear. Well...got a couple extra flashlights and some other odds and ends." She took Holly's hospitality of making herself at home and set her bag down on a table. She'd have to start going through it later...see what she could trade off in this town for a more permanent place to stay.

"You guys need any medics in this town?" Olivia asked as she started to tug off her tactical vest, revealing her modest breasts clothed by a snug fitting long sleeved shirt. Most of the pockets of the vest were full of survival odds and ends; the thing sort of weighed a ton. Well...for her it weighed a ton. She was glad to have it off of her. Then she went to work taking off her belt where her axe and telescopic nightstick were kept. Finally off came the sheath at her thigh, the one that held her bowie knife. She gave her lithe body a bit of a stretch, thankful that she wasn't lugging around anymore gear.

Holly turned on her electric before being able to unwind a little. It was a long day for Holly before she saved Olivia, her days usually started at around six in the morning when she opened her shop. Over the course of the day she would close shop in order to do some work on her weapons and to go hunting, not to mention general maintenance on her shop and apartment. "You probably just used up the rest of the luck left in your life. It's not everyday I run into someone running for their life from mutants. Not to mention I had extra ammo on me this time." Holly unzips her vest and slides it onto hook hanging by the front door. "You can make yourself at home but be careful where to lay about or sit, I have guns and other killing devices all over this place." Holly was always prepared, she had booby traps set for mutants and had countless guns ready to fire.

"Alright, so tell me about yourself a little." Holly was making small talk as she pulls a white dress shirt out of a drawer and slides it on, she buttons the middle button before walking to the kitchen to get some water for herself. "As for a job around town, I think the towns butcher is looking for another hunter, his last one was killed by a Big Mouth." A Big Mouth, a rather large mutant that had a head bigger than it's body. "Bit the poor guy in half." She adds before having a seat in her recliner. "As for medical, I'm sure if you know anything then you could assist with training others." Holly knew the town like the back of her hand.

"Pffft...I make my own luck." Olivia grinned. But as much as she put on a mask of bravado, she was still very thankful for Holly's help earlier. Now that she was all stripped down into her casual clothes, the brunette kicked off her boots and put them out of the way, against the wall. Then she headed over towards Holly, taking a tentative seat on the couch that was next to the girl's chair. She took another sip of her drink before glancing around, trying to figure out just where she had laid booby traps or had guns laying around.

"Ah well...grew up in Trinil my whole life. Spent a lot of my time scavenging and scouting for the colony. My mom was a paramedic and my dad was a cop before the mutants came. So I've got a pretty good mix of their skills and am pretty self-sufficient." Olivia gave a little shrug of her shoulders and reclined back in her seat a bit as she let herself relax and grow comfortable about the stranger. "Christ...that sounds rough. Hunting's not really for me anyways...I'm more of a trapper or a fisher. But yeah...I'll be sure to check out something that involves sharing some emergency medical skills."

"So what about you? What's your deal?"

Holly just listened as Olivia went on about her past and who her parents were. Holly could relate since she learned most of her skills from her father. "Sort of the same as you, I learned about surviving from my father. He would take me out into the woods blind folded then just let me go. I would be armed with a pistol and a few other tools. He was a tough person to impress, but when I made my back to camp one day with a mutants head in my hand, he respected me." Holly reclines back, closing her eyes as she lets her body relax. "As for the weapons knowledge and such, I learned that after my father died of radiation poisoning. He worked too long on an energy rifle and it ate away at his skin." Holly can remember burying her father, it was a dark day that keeps haunting her. "When he died I was taken in by this scientist, he was tough as well but I learned a lot from him. But one day his lab was attacked by raiders and he gave me a chance to run while he overloaded a reactor core. The explosion was rather large and the area is still heavily radiated." Holly was just a bundle of good news, everyone she comes in contact with always died.

"I was able to grab a few things as I ran from the lab, eventually I found this place and became who you see today. It's a decent life, but I can't see myself being here for very long. Dr. Michele talked about an underground lab in Virginia, said it had experiments there that could change the course of history. Not to mention weapons and prototypes." Holly sits up for a second before standing. "I'll get you a blanket." Holly heads off to another room, coming back with a large blanket and tossing it to Olivia. "It's going to get rather cold tonight, I usually turn off the electric to conserve on gas." After giving Olivia the blanket, Holly heads back to her recliner and shuts her eyes.

"That sounds rough...sorry about your dad, and the guy that took you in after him. At least they've given you some amazing skills when it comes to weaponry." Olivia was pretty sincere in her condolences. Most of her life had revolved around saying 'Sorry for your loss'. There was a lot to be losing at this time...whole families getting lost to bandits, mutants, or just plain ol' starvation and sickness. But at least, before people were gone, they did have time to pass on their skills. It definitely drew groups closer together...made towns more aware of everyone that resided in them. Not like in the old days like her parents used to tell her about...when people had absolutely no idea who the hell their neighbor even was.

"Virginia? That's quite a long ways from here... You'd need a car to get there. Or with all these mutants around...maybe a tank." Olivia took the blanket eagerly and set it down on the back of the couch. She turned over Holly's words in her head: 'experiments that could change the course of history'? And for awhile, Olivia was quiet as she sat there and thought about it. She was too young to remember a world where mutants weren't a constant threat...but she liked the stories that her parents and older people used to tell her about what everything was like before they had to live in fear.

"Would you go? To Virginia I mean...would you go there if you could?"

Holly sighed as she opened her eyes and looked up at the ceiling. "Would I go to Virginia and find a lab that might not exist?" She asks as she slides out of the recliner, she stretches a little before walking to the kitchen to grab a bottle of vodka. "You can bet your ass on that. I would go in a heart beat. I just need to finish work on the vehicle in the garage down the street." Holly had a plan to get to Virginia, but she still needed parts to complete her truck. "I could stay here and waste away, get killed or kill myself. But that's no fun, I might as well go out in the blaze of glory." Holly walks over to an old grandfather clock, opening it and taking out a large sniper rifle.

"The sun is going down, time to have some fun." She takes out a box of ammo before walking over towards the kitchen and pulling down another hatch and ladder. "You can come up if you'd like." Holly enjoyed the nights when she would sit on the roof of her house and scan over the woods with her rifle. The night vision scope making it easy to watch for mutants and pick them off. Holly has a seat on the roof, popping the lid on the vodka before taking a swig. "Anyone out there." She holds the rifle up, turning the scope on as she looks around the edge of town. The rifle was of her own design, a three beam laser making for better aim and the scope marking body heat in the dark.

http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/342/0/b/sniper_rifle_by_nitro_killer-d34ihr0.jpg

Olivia nodded a bit at Holly's response. She too would be willing to travel all the way to Virginia... Find a way to change the world so that they didn't have to live in fear anymore? That sounded pretty good to her! She didn't have anything to lose, so maybe Holly would like a little help building her truck so that she could go down in her blaze of glory...or succeed and change the world. "Hey if you need help finding parts...I'm pretty good at recovering things. You just have to show me a picture or a drawing of what it is you want and I can find it."

She glanced out the window to see the sun going down, then looked back over at Holly as the other woman began to move. Olivia scrambled off the couch, eager to see what her new friend was up to. Up the ladder she went, cocking a brow when she ended up on the rooftop.

"You come up here, get shit-faced and snipe mutants all night?" Olivia teased the other girl as she started to walk around on the roof. It was strange that Holly lived on her own...but then again, this town wasn't like her old one. It was a lot bigger. Well...bigger by post-apocalyptic standards. No building had been taller than one story in her old town. But in this one there were a couple of two and three story structures. That was dangerous... It was safer to keep towns small with as few hiding places as possible, incase someone came back to the colony with an infection that they were trying to hide.

Holly laughs as she looks around the border for any signs of mutants. "Kind of, I drink a little just to feel the burn. The I peck off any mutant I can see and I leave their bodies laying there. Mutants won't go around anywhere if they find dead mutants, that's a warning sign that it's dangerous." Holly does find a mutant and she takes aim at it. By the time the mutant sees the lasers it's too late and Holly takes the shot, exploding the mutants head and it's body falling to the ground. "Didn't hear anything did you?" Holly's gun was virtually silent thanks to her own design and sound dampeners. "But back to your question, do I want any help going on my little adventure?" Holly thinks about it for a moment as she scans over the fence again.

It takes a few moments since she's not used to having a follower or someone to even talk to, but it would be nice to have someone watching her back. "As long as you can fire a gun and you know basic first aid, I guess I can use the company." Holly agrees to take Olivia along, what could it hurt? When the mutants are eating Olivia, Holly can get away. "I just need a couple more parts for the truck, a radiator and a alternator." Soon Holly stands up and looks over at Olivia. "I guess since you're going with me then you should come see my lab." The toned girl throws the gun over her shoulder before heading back down into the apartment. "There was a basement with this place, I turned it into a lab so I could work on weaponry." She climbs back down into the apartment before walking over to a book case. The whole things slides over when Holly pushes it and reveals a locked door. "Come on down." She puts in the code before heading down, turning on the bright lights to reveal walls of guns, most of them pretty normal but one wall had guns that Holly had made and some were pretty big. "Welcome." She exclaims as she walks over to a work table.

Olivia saw the lasers and cringed a bit, her muscles tightening as she prepared herself for the really loud BANG! that the sniper rifle would surely give off. Holly pulled the trigger, she saw the little bit of recoil...but no sound came. Huh...that was weird.

"Nope...didn't hear anything at all." she admitted. Holly must've been a pretty amazing gun tech to totally remove the noise from such a high caliber weapon. Her theory was confirmed as she was lead down into the basement where the blonde apparently kept a small arsenal. No wonder she was so paranoid and had so many security measures in place; someone could level a whole city with all the weaponry that was stashed in this basement!

"Holy crap...you don't mess around now do you?" Olivia was in awe as she looked around the room. Some of the guns were types that she recognized. But there was a whole wall of weaponry that she was totally unfamiliar with. "Did you...build this stuff yourself?" She asked when she finally had made her way towards the wall of advanced tech. Olivia craned her neck around, trying to examine the weapons from all sides before finally giving up and deciding it would better to ask for permission to just pick one up. "Can I take one of these down and get a better look at it?

Holly turns on all the lights before looking over at Olivia as she asks to take one of them down. "Here, take a look at this one." Holly walks over to a locked metal case, she punches in the pass code before taking out what looks like a metal square. "This is what I call a Railgun. It fires a single projectile at seven times the speed of sound." It didn't look like much until Holly pushes the blue button and the weapon unfolds into long barreled, very powerful gun. "It's not loaded, but you can take a look at it." Holly walks over to Olivia and hands the gun to her. "All the guns on that wall fold into convenient sizes. It was one of my goals when I started building guns, something that would be easy to carry in case of a long travel. The ammo is smaller as well, but holds the same stopping power of a normal shell." Holly was proud of her weapons, although she kept them to herself.

"I have a few other devices around here, and some special ammo. I have one that seeks out body heat, one that will freeze anything it hits and a few others. One of my favorites is the explosive rounds, they don't explode on impact but instead they sink deep into the persons body and I push a button my the gun and it triggers the explosion." Holly was ruthless in her weapons designs, she made sure each weapon could kill you in more ways than one. "I have special harnesses that a person can wear that will allow up to five weapons to be stored plus some gear and tools." Holly points out two of the harnesses on a table, they were light but had latches for the five guns plus some more gear.

"You ah...don't get out much, do you?" Olivia's voice was light and teasing. She'd never met someone like Holly before. It was refreshing to see a person that was entirely committed to their trade; so dedicated and creative that they had made such amazing strides in their field. "Wow...that is pretty damn awesome." She said as she looked at the gun in awe. She was mostly fascinated with how it broke down and built itself back up into something that even a lil thing like her could handle. Well...handle when it was folded...she looked dwarfed by the weapon when it was fully extended.

"Specialized ammo too? That's crazy!" Olivia exclaimed, looking around the room a little bit as though trying to search for the ammo that Holly was talking about. "Sooooo...can we go try this thing out? Well...maybe you try and I watch? I feel like the recoil on something this huge would knock me onto my ass...or maybe just totally off the roof." Olivia's major tactic during fights was to not get into skirmishes in the first place. But if she ever did get into one, her first plan was to run for her life, her second plan was to fire blindly at the problem and hope it got scared and ran away.

Yeah...it was a wonder she had made it this far in life.

Holly laughs as she walks over to a drawer and takes out a single shell for the railgun. "You're gonna need these." She says while grabbing a pair of ear muffs and tossing them to Olivia. "I'll shoot it once." She adds as she takes the gun and pushes the blue button again, making it fold up. "The shell is a compressed metal, weighing about ten pounds by itself." She hands the shell to Olivia before climbing back up the ladder so she can demonstrate the gun. "I've shot this once before to test it, it knocked me a few feet back." Holly was prepared this time as she finally gets to the roof and sits in front of the chimney. "This way the recoil will hit the chimney and not send me to my death." Holly sat down and took the shell from Olivia before unfolding the gun and loading the round into the chamber.

Holly turns on the gun and lets it charge up before she takes aim at a very large oak tree about 50 yards from the town. "Watch that tree." Holly puts in her ear plugs before taking aim, the green laser hitting the tree before Holly finally pulls the trigger. The recoil causes the chimney to shake as the gun hits it and the shot makes it to the tree in less than a second. The bast of the thick tree shatters into splinters, causing the tree to fall to the ground. Behind the tree lies a crater where the round went through, the wood not being a challenge for such a powerful weapon. "Is that what you wanted?" Holly asks as she stands up, a little sore from the weapon firing. "Loud wasn't it?" At first when the weapon fired it was silent until the sound caught up and the large bang woke up the village.

Olivia was like a little kid when it came to new things. Easily amazed and always eager to learn; especially with things she had never seen before. She loved scavenging because she got to take things apart, look at their insides, see how they worked, examine them in a whole new way. The problem was...she could never put something back together again....which was why she stuck to scavenging and not building...because there was no chance of her breaking something that was already broken even more. She grunted a little bit as Holly handed her the surprisingly heavy bullet; definitely not expecting that kind of weight from something so small. Up the ladders they went, her eyes following Holly's swaying hips the whole time.

What? It's really hard to focus when there is an ass so close to your face in a house full of ladders!

Olivia handed the bullet over to Holly once the other woman was all set up on the rooftop. Then she put on her earmuffs and stood clear of the other girl so that she could take the shot. Her dark eyes rested on the tree and she watched in awe. She could actually -see- the cloud where the bullet had broken the sound barrier, and damn, the damage that it had done to the tree was phenomenal. But where was the sound? BANG! The noise finally caught up and even with the earmuffs on, Olivia jumped, startled by the loud noise.

"Holy shit...yeah it was loud. And yeah that was awesome!" Olivia grinned as she looked at Holly, then back at the crater that her gun had created. "You're really talented, you know?"

"It's just a hobby." Holly says as she folds the gun back and stands up. "Sorry! I thought I saw something!" She calls out to one of her neighbors as they yell from their window. "Hey! I've saved this damn town more than you even know, now get your fatass back inside and shut up!" She yells again before turning around. "Ungrateful assholes." She mutters before walking back to the ladder. "Alright, lets get some sleep. Tomorrow we go to the city so we can look for parts, you will watch my back as I look for parts, we just need to find a decent truck and rip the parts out we need." She tells Olivia before climbing back down the ladder. She leaves Olivia in the main room as she reloads the gun and puts it back in its case. After turning the lights off she closes the book shelf and walks over to a hallway. "There's a room down here to can stay in, I'll be across the hall, the door is always open." Holly lets Olivia know before she heads to her room.

Like she said, she leaves the door open as she finally strips the rest of her clothing off. She had enough hidden weapons in her room to where she didn't need to have them on her. "Ah, so nice." Her naked body finally crawls onto the bed, leaving the blankets off since it was a little hot in the bedroom. "Get some rest!" She calls out as she rolls over onto her stomach, her eyes still open as she thinks about her next adventure.

Olivia snickered, taking off her earmuffs and shaking her head a little bit as Holly got into it with one of her neighbors. No wonder she didn't have a roommate with a mouth like that. But she supposed that Holly was an acquired taste. She herself was starting to like the other girl, at least when she was being less of an arrogant bitch.

"You've got a deal," Olivia responded with a yawn. It was getting late and she didn't feel like arguing with Holly that it would probably be better for Olivia to do the scavenging and for her to do the covering. Mostly because Olivia was shit with a gun. Her father had tried his best to train her, but the lithe brunette -hated- the loud noises that guns made. Violence and death she didn't mind, but assault on her eardrums? She couldn't deal with that. For now she just settled on following Holly back down the hatch to the main room. Olivia rummaged through her backpack while the girl was gone, finding a piece of jerky for a late night snack to munch on and a new bottle of water to bring to bed.

"Thanks again Holly...for everything." Olivia followed her down the hallway and popped into the room that was going to be hers. She stripped down to her panties and took off her bra while leaving her cami on. Then she crawled under the sheets, eager to relax and get nice and warm. "G'night!" Olivia glanced out the doorway to wish Holly goodnight, though blushed and quickly looked away when she noticed the other girl was naked. Well...that image was going to make it much harder for her to fall asleep to.

Holly

Holly crawled into her large bed and laid on top of the blankets, it was warm in the bedroom and she enjoyed it. She sighs as she thinks about losing all this comfort when she starts her adventure, but she can't stay in this town, she needed to get out and explore the shitty wasteland. After about an hour of tossing and turning, Holly slides out of bed and walks into the hall. She didn't mind she was naked, Olivia was a woman too and she has the same body parts Holly does. Holly walks into the kitchen and grabs a bottle of bourbon, sitting down at the kitchen table and taking a few swigs. "Why am I willing to risk my life to see this lab? It might not even be there." She says to herself as she holds the bottle up to her lips, she takes another chug before laying her head down on the table.

Holly sat there for a while before closing her eyes, the bourbon making her tired and finishing off the bottle didn't help. Eventually she gets up and walks to the living room, crawling onto the couch and pulling a small blanket over her, the blanket barely covering her toned ass. She closes her eyes and falls asleep, her dreams consisting of nightmares mixed with some naughty bits.

Olivia was pretty much asleep as soon as her head hit the pillow. But when she heard footsteps move down the hallway about an hour later, she awoke with a start. Her eyes snapped open and she reached at her side for her gun, only to find it not there. Shit... Her mind whirled as she looked around, trying to find a weapon, confused because she wasn't asleep in a lean-to in the woods or in her bed at Trinil. But once the events of the day flooded back into her hazy mind, she relaxed and melted back into the mattress. She was at Holly's...Holly who was wandering past her open bedroom door in the buff. What the...?!

She was dreaming, she had to be. Some sort of crazy dream where women wandered about naked, all caused by her lack of sex over the past few months. So she shut her eyes and dragged the blanket up over her head, falling back into a much needed sleep once more.

---

The next morning, Olivia woke up early, a little bit before dawn, and it was -freezing-. Holly wasn't kidding when she said the temperature got really low at night. She could've probably stood to catch another hour or two of sleep but it was just so damn cold. She remembered the blanket that Holly had tossed on the couch for her last night and decided to go retrieve it. So the brunette crawled out of bed and padded softly down the hallway.

Aw...Holly had stolen the blanket! And was...naked?! Olivia blinked, rubbing the sleep from her eyes. Nope...still naked. With a sigh, she turned back around and went into Holly's room, just to grab the blanket off the girl's bed. She came back to the living room and draped it over the bigger woman, careful to not wake her up, before retreating back into her bedroom. Well...it looked like she wasn't going to get an extra blanket. So she dove back under the covers and wrapped herself up in them like a cocoon to help keep warm.

Holly was warm and comfortable on the couch, wrapped up in two blankets and enjoying a fantastic dream. It wasn't all the time she actually had a dream instead of a nightmare, so she enjoyed them when she could. But like all good things, her dream comes to an end and she awakes to the sun peeking through curtains. "Ugh." She groans as she sits up, looking at the blankets and wondering how they got there. Actually the whole night was a blur since she finished that bottle of bourbon. "What a night." The muscular woman walks to the kitchen and drinks a glass of water from the container in the fridge. "Better get dressed." Of course she was still naked as she walked back to her bedroom. It was her house, she had every right to be naked. But as for what she gets dressed in, well it was a pair of boy shorts and a sports bra before she walks to where Olivia is. "Hey you, wake up, we need to eat some breakfast then get ready to go scavenging." Holly bangs on the wall before walking back down the hall to the kitchen.

When she gets into the kitchen she turns on the electric and grabs a blender out of the cabinet. "Nutritious." Holly grabs a few sprigs of mint out of the fridge before grabbing an assortment of veggies. Her normal breakfast consisted of a smoothie every morning, something simple and good for you. A little fresh goats milk really sets it off. "Wake up!" Holly yells from the kitchen as she pours two glasses, one for Olivia and one for herself. "Fine, I'll send you to the city by yourself with a drawing of the parts I need!" If she wasn't going to get out of bed Holly was going to threaten her until she got out.

"Nnnnggh..." Olivia grunted when she was woken by the sound of someone banging on the wall. Damn morning people... The brunette wasn't much of an early riser; but with the world being covered in mutants, working at night wasn't really an option. So she'd trained herself to get up with the sun, but that didn't seem to be working this morning since she had drawn the blanket up over her head. She could get up and function alright...but pretty much had the same mental capacity as a mutant for the first couple of hours after dawn.

Olivia wriggled around a little bit and tried to get up...but the little cocoon she had made for herself was much to comfortable. She knew once she left the bed it was going to be cold and miserable out there. So she hid in her room. It wasn't until Holly started making idle threats did she start to actually put in any effort to disentangling herself from the sheets. With a grumble and half lidded eyes, she tugged on her pants so that she didn't freeze to death, then stumbled out into the living room.

"Hmmph, I bet you are awful at drawing. So you better come with me to the city otherwise I'm going to come back with a lot of random junk." she said with a yawn while rubbing the last remnants of sleep from her eyes. "Mmm...one of those for me?"

Back
Top Bottom