Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Nova Fragment [Flux & Sweetnothings]

Flux

Supernova
5000 years ago, scientists discovered a new planet. This planet, up until recently had been called Z-3200. And it seemed to be a dead hunk of floating space rock. At least, to the untrained eye it was. To business men, it held the promise of space for more factories and refineries. To biologists, there was an amazing amount of Flore, new plants, many new plants. To the druggies, hell, they were just something else they could burn to feel good. But 10 years ago, after sending a small exploration team, they found a rock, or what they believe to be a rock. They call it the Nova Fragment, and they have no clue what it does, what it’s made of, and where it came from. So, the planet was renamed Nova, after this new material. The strangest thing was that that small piece was the only piece they had found so far. After another 10 years of searching for this new composite, the government decided that it was a bust and started to pull out. But one biologist wanted to give it one last go. She couldn’t explain why but she needs to go down there for one last search. And if there really is no one down there, then they would be no risk. A month later, nobody had heard from her and that is never a good sign…

The date of launch, diary of Captain Hamilton.
6 AM:
That silly scientist really wants to go to that planet so I don’t think that I can stop her. If I’ll help her, I make myself guilty of treason but what they don’t know, they can’t punish me for. Is there a possibility that she will discover life? I don’t think so but maybe she finds at least something and if she finds something that is worth of it, I’ll be considered as a hero! But now, I’m going to prepare the ship
1 PM:
The ship is ready for take of and I have informed the girl that she can leave around 9 PM. I hope that there won’t be any kind of control when she is going to take off but she seems ready for it. I wish this girl a lot of luck.
9:05 PM:
The girl recently left Earth towards Nova. I hope that we are going to get some information soon but I think that this was a one way trip… Good luck…
Greeting Captain R. Hamilton

These notes where the last notes about the girl. Nobody has heard something about here since then. But what happened to the girl?

Ever since Yana was little girl, she was interested in the planet Z-3200. As she grew up, she read about every new update they had on the planet. When she got into college, she studied astronomy and biology. She knew what she wanted to be. She wanted to go to Nova. Yana was part of the team that helped send the exploration team to Nova when she was 18. She wished she could've gone, but she was new in college at the time. Ten years later, having graduated from her university, Yana was still interested in Nova. She was disheartened when the government decided to cancel research on Nova. Yana wasn't one to give up, though. While she was studying the Nova fragment brought back from the exploration, she noticed something. There were microorganisms inside of it. It was such a big discovery for her, but she realized she couldn't tell anyone. She had to go to that planet for herself and see if there were really life. Where there is bacteria, there's life.

Yana managed to contact Captain Hamilton. She begged him to let her go on his ship to Nova. It took a lot of reasoning with facts and pleading to get him to let her take his ship. For the past two months, she studied how to control the ships and everything she needed to know for her journey to Nova. She packed everything she needed for the journey; clothes, toiletries, etc. She was up by 5 AM, ready to take the flight off of Earth. She realized it was going to be a one way trip. There wouldn't be enough fuel to take her back here, but she could manage on Nova. At 9:00 PM, she had boarded the ship that would take her to the planet. She was going there to prove there was life. Maybe no one else would find out, but she would know, and she would believe. After a long journey, she made it to Nova. It was definitely different than Earth. When she went to go try to tell Captain Hamilton that she had made it, she discovered beings.

Nova, a planet as empty as a desert. That was how it was when they went there. But things had changed, when the ship landed, the landscape wasn't the same as it was on the picture that they had from the last mission and wasn't even close to the descriptions of the crew. There was a forest now and in the middle of the forest, there was standing a big tower. The rest of Nova, which Yana couldn't see, was pretty much the same. It could have been compared with how Earth looked before there was human life on it, in the time of the Dinosaurs. The planet was very unique as a human could breath there. The air was clear, not even a small difference with the atmosphere on Earth. Everybody was shocked that they had canceled to research the planet as it would be a solution for the growing population on Earth. Out of the forest, two beings appeared. They were shady at first but as light fell down on them, they were clearly visible and not really something that somebody would like to encounter. The two were very slow, slimy blobs that were getting closer to Yana. At a small distance, they stood still and kept their eyes focused on the ship she was in.

The first thing Yana noticed when she land was how similar Nova was to Earth. Other than the humans and lethal pollution, it was like Earth. There were trees where Yana could see. Where she landed her ship, it was close to the tower. She didn't know what the tower was for and decided she could go investigate it after she settled on Nova. She remembered seeing pictures of how Earth looked like before humans. Nova looked like that. Vegetation as far as the eye can see. She yawned softly, rubbing her eyes. She realized how easy it was to breathe. 'Same atmosphere composition as Earth. This is the ideal place to live.' She thought. She smiled, walking back into the ship on the ladder. She grabbed her camera stand and grabbed the camera itself. She placed it beside the ladder, placing the camera on top. She put it on the video setting and began recording. "Here I am on planet Nova! I finally made it. Lots of vegetation. So far, no living beings other than the plants." She told to the camera. She clasped her hands and looked up. Her eyes flew open to the sight of the two beings. "H-hello?" She stuttered, backing up slightly. They were moving slowly, but they were advancing on Yana. "Stay back." The biologist warned as she climbed back into her ship to grab her gun.

The two species stood there still now. Their white eyes focused on the ship. They weren't very scary but just weird as they didn't had any bones for so far somebody could tell. Their faces turned towards each other and at the moment they looked back towards the ship, they started to walk further to the front, not caring if Yana had a gun or not. The distance between the two and Yana decreased and when there was only two arm lengths, they stood still again. "Don't fire your gun," a voice said, coming from the back of Yana. Behind her, there were standing 2 large aliens and 2 smaller ones. The voice came from one of the bigger two as those were the intellectuals. The smaller aliens were some kind of minions to the two. "We don't mean any harm to you, just lay down your weapon so we can talk," the left giant said.

Yana took the safety off, aiming it at the two blobs. She whimpered and moved the gun between the two aliens. She was not prepared to meet any life forms this early in her adventure. She thought maybe a day or two. Not two minutes. She looked at the camera that was recording everything. She grabbed the remote that controlled the stand so it moved. She adjusted it so it was facing the two slowly crawling aliens. Her eyes widened as she heard the voice. She nearly dropped the gun. She quickly turned around and faced it towards the voice. Her mouth opened in surprise. She lowered the gun and shook her head. "Oh my God. I did not expect six aliens to appear so quickly. I just got here!" She raised her voice. She didn't mean to alarm them. "What do you want from me?" She asked, pulling a piece of red hair behind her ear.

"We know that you just arrived her," the right Alien said as he moved closer towards Yana. "Let me introduce myself. My name is Xu'un and this is my brother, Lu'un." Xu'un and Lu'un looked very similar to each other but the only difference was that the one that was talking to her, had a scar across his eye. They didn't really had a mouth but still were able to communicate with her. A part of their head had the same function as a mouth. "Our species is called the Mogvana and we are one of the races that lives on this planet. The smaller lifeforms next to use are called Dondu and are our assistants. They help us with technical stuff." The two Dondu were looking at the human with a very weird look, never before that had actually seen it as all of the species of Nova had hidden themselves when the humans landed for the first time. "And to end, our green friends that you were trying to shoot are called Boblos. A Boblo is a scientific project that we've designed ourselves. We use them to protect the forest against our enemies," Xu'un told her. It was a lot of information in a short period of time. The eyes of the Mogvana analyzed the young human in front of him.

Yana suddenly felt uneasy about this. As the right alien moved closer to her, she started to lean on the table where her gun was. She kept her hand by it just in case. "Okay Xu'un and Lu'un. What do you want?" She asked a little louder than she anticipated. She chewed on her bottom lip nervously. She tried her best to remember the names. Xu'un was the one with the scar. He so far was the more talkative one. "Mogvana, check. Dondu, check." Yana said to remember the species. So far, it was a lot for her to process. Her eyes drifted to the Dondu. they were giving her not the nicest look back on Earth. She remembered reading that there were no signs that there were aliens. She turned around to the two aliens that she threatened to shoot. She gave an awkward smile. "Sorry for trying to shoot at you. This is...new to me." She apologized and turned back to the Mogvana. "Okay. Now that I know three species out of whatever number there are in total, what do you want to speak to me about? I doubt it's just to learn about the species here," she muttered. "I would rather rest from my journey from Earth." She shook her head. This was a waste of Yana's time if they didn't tell her what they wanted from her.

"You are a very clever human," Xu'un replied, "it is quite logic that we aren't here to tell you about us. But you've come here with a reason. We can offer you protection and help you with the research you are doing here. The only thing we ask in return is information about your species, human." Lu'un nodded as his brother told it to Yana. "The only reason that I sent the Boblo to you is to get your attention while we could come from this side." The two Dondu walked slowly towards her and pointed at her weapon, as a sign that they wanted her to hand it over. "Our friends don't feel comfortable around you as long as you have that gun. They would appreciate it if you could hand it over. You'll get it back once you need it," Lu'un said this time.

Yana looked at Xu'un and smiled. It was a compliment. She leaned against the counter which supported the gun. She wanted to keep it nearby just in case they wanted to try to move on her. She listened to Xu'un explain what they want. "I-I guess. I could tell you more about the humans." She thought what she could said first about her species. What would be the most interesting thing? Maybe reproduction. How some of the world's population is obese? She turned to Lu'un as he told her about why he sent the Boblo. She nodded to the gooey creatures, and Yana gave them a polite smile. She frowned, seeing that the Dondu weren't fond of her gun. She sighed and put the safety back on as she handed it Lu'un. "So, what do you want to hear first about the humans?" She grinned and pulled her hair behind her ear.

The Mogvana were very pleased that the human offered to help them. "The thing that we want to know first is how it's possible that your species rules you planet?" Lu'un asked after he accepted the gun. The two Dondu backed slowly because there was no threat anymore in their eyes. Xu'un analyzed Yana and before she had the chance to reply the question that his brother had asked him, he offered to take her to their tower. "It would be a much nicer place to discuss that kind of things and the Wastelands are dangerous in comparison with our tower," he added. The Boblo and the Dondu walked towards the tower already and in the meanwhile Lu'un and Xu'un were waiting for her reaction, hoping that she would come with them voluntarily otherwise they had to take her with force, which they were trying to avoid.

Yana smiled at Xu'un and Lu'un. They were nice so far. She didn't see any reason to see them as a threat. She heard Lu'un ask her how the humans ruled the planet. She didn't have a definite answer, but she had some reason why. She answered Lu'un's question after Xu'un had offered to go to the tower. "The humans have advanced technology. We can speak in a language as opposed to grunts and growls. We really have no natural enemies." She smiled and thought on the offer. She didn't really trust them completely yet to go with them somewhere. "To be honest with you, I would rather stay here. I feel more comfortable here, and I don't really trust yet," she said with a smile. "So, I would like to stay here and discuss these things." Yana knew for a fact she wasn't going anywhere.

"That is a problem for you then," Xu'un spoke and he took out some kind of handcuffs. With a throw, Yana got cuffed. "We are very sorry that things have to go this way. We can't let you out here in the Wastelands," Lu'un told her. "You should cooperate with us from now," his brother added. They didn't want to do this but they had too, they couldn't leave her behind in the Wastelands because it was a very dangerous area and they promised to their father that they would protect any lifeforms that weren't able to survive here. Humans were part of that list as well as Blobs and Dondus. With a sigh, Lu'un lifted up the girl and carried her towards the tower, ignoring her the entire trip. In the tower, he placed her on the floor and opened the cuffs. "We'll make sure your ship comes here fast."

Yana raised an eyebrow, about to question what he meant. She looked at the handcuffs, and she instantly knew what they were for. She gasped as she instantly started to try to get out of them. "Sorry? You cuffed me!" She yelled. She was beyond angered at the two aliens. She was starting to trust them, then they had to cuff her. She glared at Lu'un and huffed. She told herself she was going to be rational about this. She wasn't going to thrust a fit and refuse anything they did for her. She could walk there with them, and maybe she could consider forgiving them. As always, she was wrong as she was lifted up by Lu'un to be carried to the tower. "What are you doing?! Put me down! I can walk there myself!" She screamed, kicking her legs and hitting his back with her bound hands. She glared at Lu'un and Xu'un. "Go fuck yourselves." She snapped and turned to sit in a corner.

"What's fuck?" Lu'un asked. On Nova they didn't had the same vocabulary as on Earth so they didn't understand everything that she was saying. "Search the meaning of fuck," Xu'un spoke to a Dondu that was working in the center of the room. In the room of the tower she was now, there were the two Dondus that she had met before, Xu'un, Lu'un and two different creatures that she hadn't seen yet. One of those was a white humanoid. It was a bit taller then Yana was but it was very pale and his eyes were black. The Alien walked closer towards her, with a scanner in his hand and a red ray went over her body. After the scan was complete, he walked back away and the Dondu walked towards Xu'un. It handed over a paper and Xu'un asked: "Why do we have to reproduce with ourselves?" The other alien laughed a bit as Xu'un asked that question. This was one of the few humanoids together with the pale one that had a mouth.

Yana looked at Lu'un when he asked what the word fuck meant. A small smile pulled on her lips. She realized they didn't have the same words as she did on Earth. She looked at the Dondu and waved. "Good luck." She whispered. She looked around the room at the other aliens. They were intriguing. She could certainly like to write about them in her journal. She saw the palest one in the room. He looked scary. She shuddered and did nothing as he came closer to her. She sat there, letting him scan her body. She didn't know what the point of that was. "What was the point of that scan?" She asked. She rose to her feet, but she stayed in her corner. She pulled her red hair back to looked at the other alien. He was certainly was less scary. Maybe a little more on the friendly side. "Why do you ask that, Xu'un?" She questioned, walking over to him. She wanted to know more about the species here on the planet. Even if that meant befriending ones.

Lu'un smiled after the scan and replied: "Our Doctor is one of the few Palon that's still alive. Most of them were killed during an attack on our tower. He is just checking if all your vital functions are still okay." The doctor looked towards Yana and smiled, his black eyes staring at her. Palon were very passive Aliens, they wouldn't do something before they had given an order to do so or if their instinct agreed with doing so. Their instinct was take care of others and placing themselves on the second place so technically, he was following his instinct on this one.
"Because my friend gave me a paper on which it stands. Fucking is a verb that's used to tell that you are having or had sexual intercourse," Xu'un replied. The purple Alien suddenly started to talk. "Xu'un, I guess it's more of an insult. That you need to leave her. She was probably mad before the way that you brought here in her." It was a very intellectual being, even smarter then the Mogvana.

Yana looked Lu'un as he explained to her why the scan was necessary. "Palon? I think I remember reading up on them in the textbook." She mumbled to herself. She smiled at the doctor. She remembered they were practically harmless. They were surprisingly passive. She had to find out more about these species. "Well, are my vital signs good, doctor?" She asked, crossing her arms under her chest. It wasn't an aggressive act. She just wanted to see if he would be able to talk to her.

Yana's attention was taken towards Xu'un. He explained to her what fucking was as if she didn't know what it meant. "You were correct about what fucking means. I didn't use it, though, for the term sex." She said, smiling. Her smile was quickly replaced with a frown when the alien she was intrigued by earlier started to talk. She turned towards him. "You are correct. I was mad at them for forcing cuffs on me and carrying me as if I needed help to walk. Now that I see they meant no harm obviously, I take it back. Fuck could be used both ways for sexual reasons and for insults. Personally, I have used both of them back on Earth." She stated. She realized how unfortunate it was for her that she wasn't going to have sex for a while. 'Wouldn't it be funny if I ended up having sex with the aliens on this planet?'

The Palon only nodded and went back to work. He was studying the other results that came out of the scan and the results were pretty good. It seemed that he couldn't speak but suddenly he asked: "Is it true that you were ill lately?" His voice was manly but tender. It didn't suit the way he looked and would be fit better with a teacher on Earth.

The purple Alien sat down on a chair and stared at both Xu'un and Yana as they were talking to each other. "Okay, thanks for clarifying yourself," Xu'un replied and started a conversation with Lu'un in his native language. Suddenly, the purple Alien heard a voice speaking to her. "I do know that you used both of those on your planet. I also know that you aren't a virgin anymore as you would call it on Earth," he spoke, one of his eyes swapping from a light red to a light blue. "I know it's quite rude but I can't control my knowledge. From the moment I see something, my mind starts working. And I guess it would be unmannered on your planet if I didn't introduce myself, my name is Alpha. I'm a Novar," the Novar added and smiled a bit.

Yana watched the Palon go over her scan. She tilted her head, curious what he'll find. She thought about whatt sicknesses she had in the past month. She had bronchitis. She shrugged. "Yeah. I had bronchitis," she responded. "Why?" She frowned slightly. She hoped they wouldn't force her to leave.

Yana smiled at Xu'un. She was happy since he accepted her apology for using the foul word. She did, however, wish to teach them more of her vocabulary. She turned to the purple alien as he began to speak. At first, there was a disgusted and astonished look on her face. How did he know that about her? She glared at him at first. She huffed and sighed. They were aliens to her. She guess she couldn't be mad at them. "It's nice to meet you, Alpha. I'm Yana." She smiled at him.

"I've seen so in the scan, nothing to worry about further," the doctor replied and he walked out of the room. The Palon was a very strange being, not really talkative and the longest conversation he ever had wasn't much longer as the conversation he had with Yana.

"The pleasure is all mine," Alpha replied. Unlike Xu'un and Lu'un, Alpha was more open towards the human being. "Do you wish me to escort you to your room in the tower? Or do you prefer to sleep in that ship you came with?" He asked. The intentions of the Novar were good. Normally he wouldn't allow a species in the tower without having a decent conversation first but he knew that there were some species on this planet that would try to kidnap or execute the human for trespassing their territory so it was something he had to ask to her.

Yana could tell the Palon wasn't very talkative. Maybe she could accommplish something and get him to talk more to her. She smiled and nodded. "Well,m okay." She nodded and yawned. She looked at Alpha and grinned. "Nice to know so." She replied. She ran her hand through her red hair. She listened to the options she were given. "I think I'll get a room here in the tower tonight." She answered. She was so bored of the ship by now. "I can get my things in the morning." She mainly told herself. She wasn't aware of the dangers that lurked here, but she was willing to trust the aliens she met.

"Follow me then, Yana," Alpha spoke, standing up and walking towards a big stair. He walked up the stairs that ended up in a hallway. After he walked past about 10 doors, he stopped and opened a green door. "This will be your room as long as you decide to stay. I created it according to the data I could find about bedrooms on Earth," Alpha said to her. The room was cute big and had a big bed in it. Furthermore there was a desk, a closet and an attached bathroom in the same style as the bedroom. The walls, ceiling and floor were blue with light blue lines all over it. Those lines had the same use as light and could be turned off by double clapping, as Alpha explained to Yana.

Yana only nodded then smiled when Alpha told her to follow him. She followed after him to the stairs. A look of discomfort and displeasure covered her face. She thought they were advanced enough to have an elevator or a teleporter. She walked down the hallway, studying the doors she passed by. She wondered what could be behind them. She finally stopped in front of her room, a green door. She walked inside and smiled. It did resemble the ones on Earth. She examined the room. It reminded her of her own room back home. "This is nice. I really like, Alpha." She complimented. She decided to try out the lights. She clapped two times, and the lights came on. "Awesome!" She laughed. She looked back at the purple alien, uncertain if she should hug him or not. "Thank you, really." She smiled genuinely and sat down on her bed.

"I'm glad that you like it," Alpha replied and was happy to see how excited she got about it. "You're very welcome," he added when she thanked him. The room was quite sophisticated in comparison with a room on Earth as there were a lot of buttons that did tons of things, like cleaning the room automatically and such. "I'll leave you alone," the purple alien said, walking away from the room that now belong to Yana. Meanwhile, Xu'un and Lu'un had a team ready that departed to get the ship of Yana. If took them about 2 minutes to bring the ship to the tower. The Blobs had helped as they were very strong creatures, making it easy to work harder then a Mogvana, which had all his power in their brains.

Back
Top Bottom