Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Care for a dance? ((Me and Sharpii))

They talked it out for quite a while. Both were still shocked that the people they were so attracted to were brother and sister. It was all so connected that it was crazy. It was hard for both of them to beliee but when they finally did they ended their game of chess and figured some time in the town, most to get some air would do them both well.

Orlando left her room so he could go back to his and get showered and ready. Once he was, both left the house and went into town and just let the fresh air envelope them and clear their minds. Suddenly, both of them felt like the world just got a lot more lighter.

"Feeling alright?"

It was mostly Orlando that was having hard time with this. While he didn't want to be married to Liliana anymore, he was still one of them men that viewed women as beneath them. It was unfortunate but the honest truth. "I suppose." While he truly adored Liliana, he sometimes never thought it possible that a young woman of her stature could have enticed the heart of a Lombardi. He always prided in being a good match for her.

"What, you can't imagine how a girl like me could possibly have caught the interest of Alessandro Lombardi? Do you honestly think that low of me Orlando?"

Rosetta smiled at her brother as they walked through the crowded streets of Venice. Alessandro looked down at her and said "So why did you drag me out to town anyway?" he asked.

"Is it wrong for me to want to spend time with my brother?" she said.

"We have an eternity of time to spend together" he said softly. "Well, letâ??s just call it bonding" she said smiling. Alessandro scoffed and said "More like you want to spend my money" he said grinning.

"Oh brother, how could you be so judgemental" she said acting shocked.

"Oh really? whatâ??s the jewel your eyeing right now?" he asked. She bit down on her lower lip and said "Oh please brother" she said batting her eyelashes.

"Why don't you buy something practical for a change, like, fabric for a dress or somthing"

"Oh so you will buy me things, Thankyou brother" she said grinning.

Orlando said nothing in response of that. in fact, he had stopped in his tracks and stared ahead, with a love struck look on his face. There she was. So beautiful as ever, and the fact he was feeling the way he was only certified that last night truly happened. But as his eyed danced from her to the man next to her, he realized it must have been her brother. Oy, her brother that may want to kill him. Did that happen still or no?

"Orlando!" Pissed off, she waved her hand in front of his face, only to soon look in the direction he was looking. And there he was, the gorgeous man himself, the man of her dreams. Her hand came down and she stood straight up. She looked at herself hoping that she looked okay but then eventually hid behind Orlando. She turned her back and then walked away to a vendor stand, looking at beautiful hand made necklaces and bracelets and other jewelry.

"Rosetta?" He asked, stepping to her, forgetting all about Liliana, but of course. When Rosetta was there, no other woman existed; hell no other person existed!

Alessandro sighed and said "your lucky it's overcast today. Or I would not have brought you at all" he said to his sister giving her a frown.

Rosetta smiled and said You would have brought me anyway, and we both know it". He sighed and said "Just pick what you want before father realises Im not at work".

Rosetta giggled a bit to her self before she paused when she heard her name spoke. "Orlando....It's good to see you again" she said with a smile. Alessandro raised an eyebrow at this and sighed to himself and said "I'm going to look for some leather for a new pair of boots, I'll return soon" he said walking away from the pair.

Rosetta watched brother leave before she looked at Orlando and said "I did not think we would see each other again so soon" she said.

Orlando smiled at her and he moved to her, taking her hands in his own. "It's wonderful to see you again my dear. I didn't think we'd see each other again so quickly but I'm glad. Thank god for living in a town where you see familiar faces often, yeah?" He chuckled, staring into her beautiful eyes once more, getting lost into them. It was so easy to and it wasn't a bad thing at all.

Moving herself away from the jewelry vendor stand, it seemed to coincide just in the moment when Alessandro went on his quest for boots. Just as she turned and walked, not looking where she was going, she ended up bumping straight into him. All she wanted was to be able to see him again but not when she wasn't looking her best and right now, she felt like she looked lower than dirty. Squeaking just a bit, she looked up at him and couldn't help but smile. "Alessandro...we meet again."

Rosetta smiled at him as he took her hands into his own. She nodded and said "Its very fortunate" she said smiling at him. She looked up at him and said "Was that women your....fiance?" she asked him. She wondered if it was. The women was very pretty indeed, even she could apprieciate it.

Alessandro grunted a little when he felt someing warm bump into him. He turned and saw Liliana. Alessandro smiled and said "So it seems. What brings you to the markets today?" he asked her with a smile on his face. "Out for the sunshine?" he asked with a smile. "A bit of shopping perhaps?"

Orlando bit his lower lip when she asked about his fiance. Or ex-fiance. He nodded as he looked back, seeing Liliana now talking with Alessandro. He had to admit, it bothered him that she was talking to another man, especially when that man was Alessandro. But not wanting to think of it, he turned his attention back to Rosetta. "Yeah. She was. Turns out she met your brother and they clicked like we did."

Liliana couldn't help but keep her smile intact on her face. "Just wanted to get some fresh air with Orlando." She said softly. "But now that I'm here, I think I'll browse around some of the vendors and shops, just to see what's out there. Would you care to join me or were you on your way out of here?" She hoped he wasn't leaving. Not yet.

Rosetta smiled and said "I see, she's a very beautiful women, its no wonder my brother took and intrest in her in the first place" she said looking at him. Rosetta wasn't bothered by the fact that the women was once marrying Orlando. She wasn't the jelous type, she was just happy now that perhaps she and Orlando might have a chance of being together despite their many diferences.

Alessandro smiled and said "No, I was actually looking around myself" he said smiling. He then smiled and offered her his arm, so that they may walk together through the market.

Orlando was losing it. Seeing her with another man, it was driving him nuts. He was one of those kind of men. What he did wasn't wrong but what a woman did was sin. "She's nothing but a peasant." He said softly. "He should know what he's getting himself into..." He said quietly and kind of annoyed.

Liliana smiled softly and took his arm. "I'd be honored." She said softly as she walked along with him. "So...how have you been?" Even though they had just seen each other last night, it seemed like a lifetime. She was so happy to see him again since she feared she never would.

Rosetta looked at him and said "You should not speak of her that way...you should remember that not long ago you were to marry her...your should treat her with respect...she deserves that from you" she said. She seemed to sigh a little and said "Learn to see past your own jelousy" she said.

Alessandro smiled and said "I have been fine, I worked for some time, but then Rosetta dragged me away to the markets, she can't stop her self from wasting money on useless trinkets it seems" he said with a chukle.

Orlando looked at her and a defensive look crossed over him. "I'm not jealous." He told her. "I'm not. I just don't think that your brother should have to be with a girl who comes from a family lower than the dogs." He explained.

Liliana laughed a little bit, shaking her head. "Well it is quite the luxury to be able to spend recklessly." She said softly. "I have some unsettling news."

Rosetta looked at her and said "He not with her becouse he has to be, he's there becouse he wants to be, just as you had wanted sometime ago" she said. She began to walk slowly and said "I think you are being rather hard on her. Don't you want her to be happy?" she asked

Alessandro smiled and said "I suppose so" he said with a chuckle. He seemed to pause a moment when she spoke and said "Go on?" he asked her wondering what this was all about.

Orlando sighed quietly and he looked at her. "Of course. I just--I'll be honest. It's hard for me to accept that she could have found such a good guy; that she could have found herself another guy." He was a guy living in that time period. It was natural to feel this way, even if it was hypocritical.

Liliana sighed quietly. "Orlando and I aren't engaged anymore but because he knows that it was you I met last night--I don't know how long it will be before he sends me off on the streets." She wasn't trying to ask for a place to stay. That thought didn't cross her mind actually. She just wanted him to know that she may not be around.

Rosetta looked at him and said "If you care for her and you want to remain friends then you should be happy for her, no matter how hard it seems" she said looking at him. She then looked down at some fabric and smiled, admiring it for the moment before looking back to him.

Alessandro nodded his head and thought for a moment. "Well, it is comes to that, I will help you, as I said last night" he said smiling at her. "I don't want you to be captured by slavers, or prostitutes..." he said softly.

Orlando sighed , looking down at his feet ashamed. Here he was, insulting his ex-fiance and good friend and all because of what? Nothing. "You're right. I'm sorry." He looked down at the fabirc and he ran his fingers along it and then looked at her. "It's beautiful. Soft too. It suits you well." He smiled.

Lilana bit her lower lip, looking up at him shaking her head. "Oh no, you shouldn't have to worry about me or my problems. I'm strong. I can hold my own. I can defend myself against any slave owners or prostitutes." She could and she liked to believe it.

Rosetta smiled when he said he was sorry and said "You are forgiven". She watched him touch the fabric she had been looking at and she smiled up at him and said "Your really think so?" she asked him with a smile on her face.

Alessandro chuckled and said "As always, you once again find it difficult to accept help...I'd bet if you were hanging off a cliff, and someone offered you their hand to save you, you would not take it and pull yourself back up on your own...I suppose that trait can be admired..." but he also feared that it came with a sense of naivety.

Orlando smiled and he kissed her cheek when she said he was forgiven. He had no idea that he may have been ruining his chances with her by bad-mouthing Liliana so much until she started to say all that. Back to the fabric. He nodded. "Yes really. It'd be the most stunning dress you could ever wear."

Liliana smiled lightly, looking down and then up at him. "I've always been an unintentional burden on my parents, as well as my sisters, all because we weren't sons." She explained. Society tended to impose all this on naive women but she and her sisters always knew that they were burdens, all because they were female. "I swore that once I left my home, I'd never become a burden on anyone else."

Rosetta looked at him and smiled a little before she looked to the merchant and bought a whole bolt of the fabric which would be delivered to her home. She smiled at him and said "So, what have you been up to?"

Alessandro looked at her and he seemed to sigh a little. He then moved close and held her face in his hands and said "Your not a burden on me" he said. "Don't ever think that" he whispered to her.

Orlando smiled gently. "Nothing really. Spending time with Liliana. Even if we aren't engaged anymore, she and I became good friends over the months. We actually talked while playing chess." He said softly, nodding, also implying in a sort of way that he really hadn't been up to anything since meeting her.

Liliana gasped slightly, biting her lower lip. She nodded to him, her eyes getting lost in his once more. Her hands came and rest on his hands on her face. "You mean that?"

Rosetta nodded and said "I see". She continued to walk through the market with a smile. She looked at him and said "You spoke of your work before, what do you do?" she asked him.

Alessandro smiled and he nodded and said "I do, very much so" he said smiling at her. He held her hand in his own and said "I mean it with all my heart" he said.

Orlando walked with her, folding his hands behind him. "My family is involved in the banking business. It may not seem like much but we've worked in it for many years and the tactics we know have got us to where we were. My father wishes for me to take over the business full time when he passes." He explained with minimal enthusiasm.

Liliana couldn't help but smile, but it wasn't just any smile, more like a warm smile. It felt like her heart sprouted that smile. "Thank you." She said softly. "You've no idea how much that means to me."

Rosetta looked at him and said "I see...you don't seem to entusiatic...Am I to belive it is not your desire to do so?" she asked him as they walked together through the stalls.

Alessandro smiled back at her and said "Your welcome. I'm glad to have cuased your joy" he said smiling at her.

Orlando sighed and he looked at her. "Well I mean, it'd be great to do a business where I know I will be successful in, but I'm not passionate about it." He honestly didn't know what he wanted to do yet. But he always had a passion for art and he was quite talented too.

Liliana smiled softly. "Joy is an understatement. Overjoyed is the correct term." She couldn't stop smiling, really.

Rosetta nodded and said "I understand" she said smiling. She looked at him and said "Perhaps you need to find your self?" she said. She looked at him and smiled and began to walk out of the market, her desire to spend money having gone.

Alessandro chuckled and said "Well, that makes me even more glad" he said smiling.

Orlando nodded. "I think I have an idea of what I want to do. If I tell my father though, he'll lose it." He said quietly, shaking his head. As they started to walk out of the market, he looked at her. "Can i accompany you elsewhere?"

Liliana nodded. "So..." She started, looking back and seeing his sister and Orlando leaving the place. "Do you need to go now or...?" She asked, not feeling right to suggest if he had more time to spare.

Back
Top Bottom