Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Warrior Spirit (Yuna & Mister Grimm's 1x1)

LadyYunaFFX2

Pulsar
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/virgo2005/Absolutely-30_zps0f4ddf41.jpghttp://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/virgo2005/Absolutely-30_zps0f4ddf41.jpghttp://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/virgo2005/Absolutely-30_zps0f4ddf41.jpg

Despite Christmas soon approaching, the day was still very dreary for the nineteen year old teenager known as Elena Fleur. Well, that was her common and legal name. Amidst the CIA .. well .. she wasn't even honestly sure what they thought of her. The looks suggested things like 'freak', 'weirdo', and other nasty adjectives of the like. Her views didn't help with the fact she was often kept locked away in a secluded and nearly empty room, only seeing another person when they 'needed' her or had to give her more tests. Gazing outside of her window, one of the few ways for her to access the outside world, she sighed softly, resting her head upon her arms as they found the window sill.

Where had things gone wrong so fast? Well ... as Elena thought back, she supposed when the girl had made the mistake of making her powers not-so-discreet. Yes, powers. For as long as she could remember, she was a Psychic whom had an entity within her. Even to this day, she didn't know the exact identity of the spirit within her ... but it was a double-edged sword. At times, it had helped strengthen her gut instincts and there were moments it just seemed ... like a nuisance for a lack of better wording.

Right now, it was feeling very much like the latter. "Damnit Adrian, what do you want from me anyways? Haven't you done enough?" She murmured, standing up and moving away from the window, falling upon her bed. On a mantle beside her was a newspaper for the day. With her having so few resources in the actual room, this was one of the other ways to keep in the here and now with all that went around her. Picking it up, she began reading the paper.

In the upper right corner was the exact date; December 20, 1972. The most common articles involved the still ongoing Vietnam War and hopes that it would end soon. But there were also many rumors which suggested yet another war may begin. The mere thought made Elena shake her head.

"Really? For fuck's sakes ... " She murmured. "Wars are stupid and last too damn long." With a weary sigh, she tossed the paper down upon finishing reading up on the events that were currently going on throughout the nation and world.

Light gray eyes slowly closed as she thought back to the day the CIA had found her. She'd just been visiting her parents' grave. Elena had been fourteen at the time, having been an orphan for years before then. For some reason, though, when she visited that day, the girl had noted something. She'd always spoken to the graves, as if her parents were beside her. But that summer day, they did talk back. Her father had been a soldier in the Vietnam War and thus had been buried in Arlington National Cemetery.

It was, unfortunately, due to the massive and well-known location that her talents had been found out. There had been others around that day, paying their respects, and some had gotten the nerve to be nosy and intervene in her affairs. Before she fully left the Cemetery, many men in black suits had appeared around her and insisted they come with her, giving Elena little to no hints on what exactly they wanted from her.

Maybe it'd been out of fear or knowing there was no other place for her to go to besides the streets. But Elena hadn't put up a fight back then. And now ... she almost found herself wishing she had. Even if it would have been a struggle, living on the streets almost seemed like a better alternative to living here. She wouldn't have to play this guessing game bullshit, if nothing else. So they knew of her powers and abilities ... big deal. But when all was said and done, there seemed to be almost nothing else that they wanted from her. Just another body in their corporation it appeared.

An annoyed sigh passed her lips as her eyes slowly closed. It was now that time of day, it seemed. Well ... here goes. Time to play 'The Waiting Game'. Fan-fucking-tastic ... She inwardly mused. Though her eyes remained shut, her ears remained very much alert, awaiting for any sounds of footsteps. Whether the CIA liked it or not, they had to eventually send someone up.

Now the real question ... whom would it be this time? It always seemed to be a new person each day, sometimes week. But overall, it wasn't the same individual.

Erik Beitel

- December 23, 1944 -

The cold air sent a chill through the worn man's body. Snow gently fell from the sky, covering more of the frozen ground. The man did what he could to provide as much heat as he could to the woman beside him, her belly distended and scheduled to give birth soon. He shook gently and looked around, scared and confused. The sound of shouting from either side of him. Men with guns watched as they moved, telling them where to go and shouting orders. The man hugged his wife close, fearing he'd lose her. Little did he know such things would come to fruition.

- December 20, 1972 -

The sound of leather shoes clicking against the polished concrete floor was what brought the man from his trance. The man was like his father, his hair thick and wavy. It almost appeared to be made of chocolate in the light. He remembered little about his parents but he remembered the hell he'd born into all to well. Such horrors. So much pain. The man had blocked it from his mind in his awoken state but he was troubled by the memories as he slept. They haunted him like ghosts. He put the thoughts out of his mind however.

The past was the past for a reason. He needed to focus on the present. He'd been tasked with going to see one of the CIA's little secrets. Elena Fleur. They had nabbed her off the street and given her shelter so to speak. They only cared about getting ahead of the Soviets. They didn't care if she was comfortable, just used her for what they needed and then left. That was where he came in. He opened the door to the room and looked around. Nearly empty except for a bed, a night stand, and her. The man wore a black turtle neck, an open leather jacket, and a pair of black pants. He was rather stylish for the time. The only thing that set it off was the name tag pinned to his turtleneck. The tag read 'Erik Beitel'. "Ah so your the famous Elena Fleur" he said gently, kneeling before her. He had an odd accent. It was a mixture of German, Irish, and English. It was strange but oddly satisfying.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/virgo2005/Absolutely-30_zps0f4ddf41.jpghttp://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/virgo2005/Absolutely-30_zps0f4ddf41.jpghttp://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/virgo2005/Absolutely-30_zps0f4ddf41.jpg

With how long the wait felt, Elena could feel her eyes go through REM a few times. And there had been several occasions she'd been so close to falling back asleep, mainly from boredom more than anything. But a quick surge of adrenaline, likely from Adrian, plus the awaited sounds of footsteps made her eyes open. Her head turned as she let her eyes fall first upon the man, then the nametag. "..Famous? Hmph, hardly feels like it." She replied, her attention moving away from the man and up towards the ceiling.

Maybe not directly at Erik, but all the same she was still rather annoyed. She'd gone for years with little to no answers regarding why she was even here. By technical standards, she shouldn't be in the CIA. Elena hadn't been given any opportunities or chances to finish school. Well, maybe the better wording was she had a GED but no official diploma. Still, she didn't have any college experience. But more than that, how had any of the CIA understood her abilities? Wouldn't one of them have to be .. similar to her? It began to seem less and less random as she continued to get older. Though there was apparently an old saying about wisdom coming with age, wasn't there?

"So, you going to keep up this silent game that ensures I remain in the dark like the others? Or do I finally get even a hint of what I'm really here for, hm?" She finally asked, pulling the covers over her body to make sure to stay warm enough.

The man had a slight tan to his skin, a sign that he'd been in the sun a bit and possibly had come from a warmer climate. As he looked to her, the file he'd read on her began to go through his mind. Needless to say there wasn't much. The only thing of real note was her.....unique talents. Erik watched as she looked to him, scoffing at the famous comment. He smiled gently as she looked away, looking up at the ceiling. She was clearly agitated with the fine people of the CIA. It was understandable given how little they relaxed and how much they actually worked.

Don't get him wrong, they were good at their job, but all work and no play made Erik a dull boy. He had done his fair share of work. He'd had to work hard to even be considered for a member of the CIA. At least to join the group he was a part of. He listened as she spoke, asking if he was going to keep up the silent game or finally tell her what was going on. "I'm hear to tell you what is going on Elena. As your aware, the CIA have had their eye on you for quite some time. They weren't really sure what to do with you until they finally took a tip from the British" he said with a slight smirk. The way he said it clearly showed he was happy with that statement.

"They want to recruit you into a new branch that's been opened by the US government in cooperation with MI-6, E-Branch. If you want out of this room, I suggest you follow me and more will be explained on the helicopter ride to Paradise Ranch" he said as he offered a hand. He had been sent to recruit her. "You can stay or you can come with me. I'd personally come then stay" he said. He shrugged slightly and smiled. "That's just me however" he said with a chuckle.

((Sorry, had a brain fart mid way through xD))

Really? So they hadn't even thought out what the hell they were doing all those years ago when they guided her into the CIA? Tch, what idiots ... She didn't even try to hide the annoyed scoff that soon passed her lips upon hearing this. Seriously, what is wrong with people sometimes? Still, as he went on with speaking, a new door seemed to open so to speak. Finally, she was being allowed a new opportunity, a chance to begin answers. All she had to do ... was follow. It still made her somewhat uneasy. She'd be walking behind a man she knew for no more than a minute.

Was this really a wise idea? Her fists clenched slightly. It may be or it may not be but all the same, Erik was right about one thing. She didn't feel like remaining here much longer and if there was any way to leave, she'd take it. Sighing softly, she sat up on the bed, slowly nodding.

"... Very well. Let's go." She murmured, keeping some distance as she got behind Erik. He was still a stranger and when all was said and done, she had no idea if this was some bullshit lie, if he had bad intentions or something else. She'd still use some caution. Elena was many things, a fool wasn't generally one of them.

Erik could sympathize with her. When the CIA's E-Branch first opened, Erik had found himself wondering if they knew what they were doing or not. It was ridiculous. They came at this half cocked to start off but now they were in their adolescence in paranormal warfare. Erik was one of the first few to be recruited into the new branch of the CIA. Erik watched as she rose and smiled gently as she decided to go to the Paradise Ranch with him. He lead the way down the hall, past the CIA agents that looked to them curiously. Where was she going? Who was the man? What was so important they had their own chopper? It made Erik chuckle. Here they were at war with the KGB and THAT was what seemed odd? He wasn't to concerned with it however, let them gawk and wonder. They had a job and they were going to do it.

Erik opened the door to the outside, the chopper's blades spinning and ready to take off. Erik lead the way to the chopper, his hair whipping about and his jacket whipping about as well. Erik opened the chopper door for her, giving a thumbs up to the pilot and climbing in after her. Erik took a seat across from her in the rather spacious cabin. It was quiet in the cabin, quiet enough they could talk without having to shout. He buckled in as the helicopter began to lift off. The flying machine flew towards the west, quickly surpassing forests, roads, towns, and cities. It was marvelous to watch from above but now was not the time to be admiring the view. "Now that we are away from unwanted ears, allow me to introduce myself. I'm Erik Beitel" he said as he offered his hand. "I would imagine you have a great deal of questions you'd like to ask" he said with a gentle and patient tone. They had time to talk and now was the best time to do the talking. Erik would do all in his power to answer what questions she had and answer them in full.

An array of thoughts began to enter Elena's mind as she walked behind Erik. If this was a transfer to another ... agency or something of the like, what would happen to the few belongings she had? They were mainly clothes but still necessary. Well .. this had been arranged by the new organization she was to be going to, this ... supposed E-Branch he brought up. So they were liable and responsible as far as she was concerned. On the off-chance they forgot .. well .. they damn well better give her money to be able to purchase some clothing. Those were her thoughts regarding that. Then there was the next issue ... the stares. Oh dear gods how Elena hated it. She already felt foreign enough as it was. All the gawking and gazing at her only made the sensation worse and inwardly cringe, causing her steps to quicken.

Maybe it'd been because she'd wanted to get to the helicopter so badly but the walk felt longer than it actually was. Finally, though, she arrived and stepped inside, sitting across from Erik. As the new .. what was he anyways? Some sort of .. guide? Guardian? An odd combination of both. Well, whomever he was, once Elena saw him buckle himself in, she followed suit, shifting in the seat to make certain she was comfortable enough.

Light gray orbs went to the orbs belonging to Erik, her arms going over her chest as he spoke up. "Honestly ... the main one has been what I asked since you walked in. What's the point of me being here? It just seems like being given some test or helping out with very random assignments. I may not know as much about the CIA as anyone with a more proper education but I'm pretty damn sure that the government doesn't generally pick up orphans and take them in. I've been patient and that is beginning to wear very thin. Please ... what's the point in me being here?"

Not to say Elena wasn't grateful to avoid being kept in an abusive orphanage or, gods forbid, forced to live on the streets. But some days, those felt as if they'd be better than her current situation. She hated deceit, lies, and being kept in the dark. And for as long as the CIA had been keeping her, that appeared to be exactly what they were doing. Enough was enough in her mind and eyes. She wanted answers ... and she wanted them now.

Erik watched as she buckled in and could see on her face that there was a hurricane of thoughts and questions swirling in her mind. The question however was what was going to come out first? Erik was by no means a superior or a director of E-Branch, though he had a certain amount of prestige given that he was one of the first members of E-Branch. He could be trusted with this task. E-Branch would bring her clothes to the Paradise Ranch. She would be given an allowance (if she joined) and she could by more clothes if she so wished. She would have her own home on base, a bathroom, a kitchen, television room, bedroom, anything she might want or need. She could live an almost normal life....almost. While she might have all she needs for a normal life, it wouldn't be normal. At least she would be among those who understood her.

As she asked what was the point of her being here, he sat back and relaxed. "Well, as I'm sure your aware the KGB and the CIA are in a bit of a war themselves. Both sides are doing all in their power to get more information then the other side. We were losing until we decided to experiment in....other fields. Your field. Your unique abilities can help win against the KGB. Your one of the newest and possibly the most valuable members of E-Branch" he said. He took a moment and continued. "E-Branch is the newest form of paranormal warfare that focuses on extrasensory perception. People with psychic powers like you" he said. He got the sense that she wanted to know what exactly he could do. He reached a hand and took a quarter out of his pocket. He focused on the quarter, thinking only of the quarter. He imagined an invisible hand, lifting the quarter. As he thought this, the quarter lifted off of his palm, floating in mid air as he moved it towards her. "I'm what is referred to as a 'Mover'. I can move just about anything through sheer will alone" he said. He then became quiet, allowing her a moment to speak if she wished to ask a question.

She nodded, though Elena had only heard small hints on the supposed 'war' between the government. Her stomach clenched tightly as Erik continued to speak, her arms going over her chest. "It almost sounds like you're just ... continuing to use people like us, not much better than what I just left. Prove me wrong though ..." It would be one of the few ways she'd officially join. But hell no, she wouldn't let herself be used again. Not if she, or Adrian also, could help out. Resolve slowly formed in her gray eyes as she continued to listen to Erik. Finally, he revealed himself to be a ... unique person, also.

An eyebrow raised as she watched him pull the quarter out, then lift it into midair. "Telekinesis?" She inquired, her left arm resting upon her knee as she let her chin fall in the same hand. Her gaze lowered ... and quickly returned to meet Erik's eyes as another question came to her mind. "So ... what am I going to do in this new place? How ... I mean, if you've found others like me, don't you have enough information to give you a lead over KBG?"

Erik looked to her as she nodded, seeming to understand that there was a war being waged by the KGB and the CIA. It wasn't that hard to disbelieve, everyone was afraid that a KGB spy was their neighbor or that they were KGB spies and just didn't know it. In all honesty, every suit at the CIA were afraid of the very same thing, the only difference was that they could get shot. Erik watched as she said that it sounded as though they were still using people like them, not much better. He had a slight grin appear as she said prove her wrong. It was understandable to want proof. Erik had proof and he didn't mind showing off. It was a cool ability and it wasn't easy to say differently. Erik watched as her eyebrow rose in wonder, watching the quarter lift off of his hand and float to her as she asked if it was telekinesis.

"That's the official term, when your in the field though your referred to differently. Movers, Locators, Pushers, Readers, the list goes on" he said. He listened to her as she said what was she going to do in this place, how was it they didn't have enough information to get a lead over the KGB. He smirked. "Well that's the thing, your the only ESPer of your kind. You might give us the edge we need over the KGB's E-Branch. They have been at it a bit longer then us, they've had the lead for a while now. We need to change our strategies, that's where you and I come in. We're going to be field agents, dropped right into Communist country. That is however, once the doctors know just how powerful you are. If you can work at extremely long ranges, then you may not even have to leave the country.....unless you want to however" he explained. He took a breath and leaned forth a bit with a chuckle. "I try saying that in one breath again I'll end up knocking myself out" he said with a chuckle

((Sorry for the wait, got distracted there))

Elena's teeth gripped her lower lip as she thought over everything. Right now, this situation was sounding more like a childish competition than a war of any sort. And honestly .. that was bothering her. It didn't help she hadn't yet felt reassured she wasn't being used again. She gave a slow nod, feeling even Adrian wasn't liking this much if at all. "I know, I know. But we're in a fucking chopper right now. I'm not gonna jump and forget this happened or something stupid like that. We have to wait until we land ... " She sighed softly, thinking how to word her reply.

"This ... war, this conflict you keep speaking of ... why is it so vital in the first place anyways? I mean ... what happens with whomever wins? Before I make any official verdicts, I want to know that much at least." This entire day was becoming more and more hard to believe, from the transfer to being the only kind of ESP person like herself. Was ... he just bullshitting her? Was he dead serious? She tried to gaze past his eyes, as if into his soul, for the answers. She'd done similar scenarios like this far too often albeit, admittedly, none had been with others like her before.

Still, she didn't want history repeating, with her regretting her decision in the end. Even more exhausted than herself was Adrian ... and only he could do so much despite being - in a sense - 'within her'.

Back
Top Bottom