Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Jugger x Chord

"Are you serious? Shut your fucking mouth." Darian said with anger as he held Marissa close. "You are not broken goods! You are better than prostitutes!" He looked her in the eyes as he spoke. "You're a beautiful woman...So what if you are not longer a virgin? What does that matter to anyone? You're feisty and don't take a shit...I can't believe that he would cause you to become like this..." He shed a few tears. He felt a connection. She was the only one to have taken care of himself and his sister since they became homeless. He kissed her lips tenderly, to prove she wasn't worthless and that no one wanted her.

Her eyes shot wide as he grew angry, clutching her close to him so hard she feared her ribs would snap. When she saw the tears, her heart broke. He cared, he truely cared. Tenderly, she kissed him back, wiping the tears from his face. As she pulled back, she rested her forehead against his. "I don't know how we will make it, but we will. Somehow." Even if she had to go into prostitution to feed them. "I will look out for you...I promise." She whispered softly.

"Aye...I wouldn't be able to join the navy either at this moment unless I can raise a certain fee for a physical exam...Thats the hard part. I'm physically fit but...I have no money to enter. As soon as I can do that...I can provide for the both of us. The problem is, is that the entry fee is fifty coin and I haven't a shed of gold on me." He sighed a bit. "Though we'll figure out something won't we?" He smiled as he kissed Marissa once more.

(Shall we time skip a bit where he's actually in the Navy now?)

"We will make it somehow." She replied. Though the spat with Nathan had happened mere moments ago, he was a far away thought as Darian's lips slanted over hers once more.

(Sure! Hope you're liking it!)

(Yeah. Shit just got dramatic lol)

Six months later...

A man walking through the city, armed with a rifle and a white Navy uniform strolled on by toward a small little cottage on a hill overlooking the sea. He opened the door and grinned as he entered to find his sister and Marissa. "Hello. I'm back." Darian said with a grin. He had been gone for four months out to sea and with the Navy but now he was back in town with some time off. "I hope all the money the Navy's been giving you has been enough to get the two of you by." He said with a grin as he embraced Marissa into his arms.

(Yup and it wasn't exactly planned tee hee)

Marissa looked up from the clothes she was washing as the door opened, revealing a stunning Darian in his navy uniform. She hurried iver and hugged him close. "Its been more than enough, what with my earnings from the tavern." She replied, smiling broadly.

Katie rushed up as well, grinning. "Welcome home brother." She hugged him tightly as well before rushing out of the door. Marissa grinned. "She met a young fisherman a few weeks ago and they've been going out for evening walks and such." She explained the girls haste.

(Is the best kind of dramatic shit for a RP)

"Oh really? A fisherman? No wonder it smells like fish in here. I was going to tell you to close your legs." He said teasingly to his sister and he flicked her forehead and stuck his tongue out at her playfully. "I'm back for a good long while...stationed to help protect the island from attacks and to patrol the town. Fortunately I'm not set to patrol this side of town but hell...I'm just glad to be back with you two." He laughed lightly. He was slightly taller than when they had last seen him. He was cleaner as well, and slightly more built in muscle tone from the harsh training and conditions marines went through. "I can't stay for long though. I must return to my post before my shift comes."

Marissa chuckled at the siblings as she returned to her chores. Domestic life had been hard for herbto get used to but she acclimated nicely. Her form had filled out some due to eating good meals regularly. Grinning, she walked over to Darian, kissing him softly. "I'm just glad to have you home for a while."

"Of course." He said with a grin and patted her stomach. "Maybe I can put a bun in this oven before I have to leave again." He winked at her and ruffled his sister's hair before saying goodbye to the two of them. He left and headed back to his post...but something was off. He walked around and noticed that the wanted board had a giant X marked on one poster, meaning that the bounty had been claimed for this region...and it was a blue X, meaning that the perp was at this very base. "I wonder who it...Oh god...Nathan..." He gripped the paper and began to read all of the horrid deeds that it said Nathan had done since the last six months since he returned to the sea after being abandoned by his crew the first time...Many of them seeming unforgivable. "Marissa might want to know..." He knew he'd get his ass chewed out, but he ran back home to show Marissa the paper. "M-Marissa...Nathan's been caught at the base!"

She giggled girlishly. "Practice makes perfect." She grinned saucily before kissing him goodbye. After he had left, she had went to cleaning and was still doing so when he came rushing back in with the news. The broom she held clattered to the floor as her hands seemed to go numb. "W-what?"

Darian held the poster out for her to see. "The blue X means that the bounty was captured...and he was taken ALIVE to this very base!" He replied. Nathan looked just as he had six months ago and below his picture was his bounty of thirty thousand coins, as well as a list of horrible things he had done while pirating...though many of this was something he had always done when he was a pirate even when Marissa originally first joined his crew.

She read over the charges, covering her mouth with her hand. "Oh God...he'll hang won't he?" She whispered, feeling her knees grow weak. Kaite had paled signifigantly and looked as if she would vomit.

"He more than likely will...And with a bounty this high, it'll be a public hanging too. They'll probably take his dead corpse out to one of the cliffs near the entryway to our port and hang his dead corpse there as a warning to pirates who would dare sail into the town..."

Marissa sank down onto a nearby chair, the poster fluttering from her hand. There was nothing she could do. Nathan was set to die. "Can I see him?" She asked softly. Her lashes spiked with tears as she wiped at her eyes. Even though he had treated her like shit, she still cared for him. Not like she cared for Darian. No, she loved Darian. But Nathan had been a big part of her life at one time. He was her lover, her captain.

"Yeah...With my clearance you're able to meet him for a little bit but you can't have any alone time with him...I have to stay by you along with another guard to make certain you two don't do anything that'll get him free." He murmured, rubbing his cheek with the tip of his finger awkwardly. "I can take you right now if you want...Marissa."

She saw his uncertainty. "Darian...if you don't want me to, I won't." She whispered. She loved him and respected his wishes.

"Its not that. Its just its going to be awkward...and damn do I hate awkward situations. It'll especially be awkward since the last we saw of him...we kind of just ditched him and he sailed off on his own and got a whole new crew to sail the seas with. I don't know the details other than what it says on the flyer but I can get some more information about his capture after we go see him."

She sighed. Darian was right but Nathan had brought it upon himself. "Alright. Take me to see him, one last time." She murmured, anxiety roiling in her gut at the thought of facing him again after six months. In those six months, she had shed her life as a pirate, had gotten a home and a family. Nathan had helped her by hurting her. Without his stupidity, she wouldn't have Darian. In a way, she was thankful but she still resented him for all of hos deeds, towards her and others.

He nodded, and turned to lead Marissa out toward the Navy base, allowing Kaitlynn to come as well if she wished to come. Several checkpoints were made to ask for his clearance on the way to the prison...The security was especially high because of Nathan's capture. Upon entering the jail, Darian looked around to search for Nathan...and when they found him, they'd find him slumped over against a wall, beaten and bruised. His clothes were tattered and his captain's hat was in a corner and even then, the color had long since faded from it. He looked broken now and didn't even notice them as they came in. He seemed almost dead, except for his slowly expanding chest from his breathing.

Kaitlynn chose to stay at home while they went to see him. Marissa clung to Darian as they moved through the checkpoint and into the jail. Her heart clenched as she beheld Nathan. Never before had she seen him look so defeated. "Nathan...?" She called softly, hoping to get his attention.

He stirred lightly at the sound of Marissa's voice and he looked up at her. He still looked like he had a lot of energy in him despite the fact his clothes were tattered and destroyed. He grinned and laughed lightly. "Thats a voice I...Hadn't heard in half a year." He snickered a bit and stayed where he was as he weakly looked up to the two of them. "Aye Red Mary...Yeh look like you're doing well with the Cabin-Boy-Gone-Navy."

Marissa frowned softly. "What have you gotten yourself into Nathan?" She asked weakly, leaning on Darian for support as she looked over the former captain.

Nathan snickered. "I was caught, what do you think?" He laughed heavily as he looked to the two of them. "Aye...Was led into a trap just after I buried the treasure I had accumulated over the past six months. Safe upon a mountain in the Caribbeans. Only I know where it be." He grinned even more. "And what honor do I have to have my first mate and cabin boy visit me in jail, hm?"

She looked at him sadly. "You know why Nathan." He had to know he was set to hang afterall. "I wanted to see you one last time before....before..." she couldn't finish. Instead she choked on a sob and buried her face in Darian's neck.

"Aye. What happened to Red Mary!?" He said with a snap. "Yer crying over me death? You've gone soft, lass...I can barely believe you're who you say you are." He managed to stand up and walk over to the bars, glaring at her. "The real Red Mary wouldn't cry over my death dammit! Yer going to watch me hang with a smile upon my face and you will not share a damn tear for me..." He shook his head. "Not that I'll allow the Navy to let me hang, mind you." He grinned and stepped back. Darian leered at Nathan. "What do you mean by that? Know something that the Navy should know about concerning your execution tomorrow?" Darian was clearly doing his job and begun to argue with Nathan in front of Marissa.

Back
Top Bottom