Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A Second Chance (Agnores x Candira)

Evan floated on the ground the whole day after Sophie left. He eventually got dressed, though he didn't go out. He stayed in, watched his favorite movie, played all his favorite video games. He cooked himself a really good lunch, and a really good dinner. And when he wasn't doing any of those things, he spent time daydreaming about making out with Sophie again, and how lucky he was that she gave him the second chance.

Then it was time to call her, and he took up his phone and dialed her number. He waited for her to answer, and he gave a happy, "Hello. Sophie, right? I got the right number?"

Sophie had just settled down to read for awhile when Evan's phone call came in. She smiled as soon as she saw the caller id. When she answered she was pleasantly surprised with an eager sounding Evan. He wanted to make sure he had the right number and for some reason that was very cute to her. "Hi, Evan. Yes, you have the right number." She grinned like a Cheshire cat and held the phone close while she snuggled into her sofa. Girly? Yes. Stereotypical? Possibly. But she was just too damn happy to care.

"All right, good." Evan always hated when he got the wrong number, especially when he was trying to ask a girl out. "So, are you free this coming Friday night? That would be the best night for me." He thought for a second. "It depends on where you would like to go; we can either go and eat pizza at my workplace, or we can go somewhere a bit more fancy. Its whatever makes you the happiest." Evan nodded, despite no one being able to see him.

Sophie glanced at her calendar. Fridays were usually busy for her, but as luck would have it, her manager had graced her with a night off. Normally Sophie would be upset about missing out on opportunities for extra commissions with the increased business, but this Friday, she had a cute, funny, sexy guy asking her out to a place of her choosing. She smiled a little brighter and made herself speak calmly.

"Sure, I can do Friday. And I think I would be happiest seeing you in your workplace, and eating your delicious pizza. Besides, there's something poetic about eating there. It's like we're starting over, right?" She immediately wondered if that had been taking things a little too far in the direction of "things will be perfect this time around," but at least she was being honest about her feelings. She sincerely hoped that it would be better. Besides, seeing Evan's accomplishments in context would be fun.

"Indeed," Evan replied, not really noticing the implications behind what she said. "Sounds like a date." He was thoroughly excited. All the people at work had heard his story about Sophie, but they had never thought she was real. Evan was just the lovable loser to them, how could he get a beautiful girl to fall for him? Well...won't they be surprised. Still, Evan wondered idly who would be in the kitchen that night. They had a new hire and the last thing Evan wanted was for him to mess up Sophie's order and tilt her experience that night.

"So," Evan started again. "How was your day? Do anything interesting?"

Sophie smiled at the eagerness in his voice. It was good to hear from him again. She'd missed his personality before all their drama got in the way. He'd been a good friend, and a good boyfriend while they'd been going strong. This would work out. She could just feel it. "Well, yes, if you're into art. I hung a few of my pieces in the gallery today, along with some new pieces by a local artist who's just gotten big. I checked out the new stuff after I dropped off some of mine. Otherwise, just little errands, really. Nothing life-changing or cool. Of course, if you're not into art then my day just got significantly duller for you."

She smiled and lay down on her sofa. "What about you?"

Back
Top Bottom