Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Something About My Secretary (Bass and Driven)

Tanya couldn't help but be conscious of just how unaware Jake was to his own appearance and the affect he could have on other people, let alone the women around the office. She perhaps had never really grasped it until the day prior...

She quickly ordered one of their specialty vegetable sandwiches. While not vegetarian by an shakes of a stick, they had one of the best veggie sandwiches she had ever tasted. Once the waiter had left once more, she smiled back at Jake. "Sure, I can look up a few cruises. Although I have to admit, I feel like I'm taking advantage of you by going along with you paying," she mused with a light smile. He was too nice. "Any particular cruise lines you'd be most interested in?"

"Hmm. I went on a great Celebrity X Cruise liner called the Infinity for an Alaskan cruise when I was young." He said happily in remembrance. "If you could find a cruise for a tropical one, that would be great." He added. Then he shook his head. "And no, I'm paying." He said firmly, but sweetly.

Tanya withdrew her phone at his words and pulled open a to-do list she used frequently. It was one of the little things that helped to keep her organized. "Celebrity X it is," she echoed, tapping the screen to input the note. Barring any major disturbances upon their return, it was possible she could find something before the day was out.

She set her phone back in her lap, a soft grin upon her lips at his adamant declaration. "You are far-too nice, has anyone told you that?" she teased.

"I was always taught, by my father and grandfather, that if you want to be a good leader, you need to treat them like you would want your own boss to treat you." He explained with a sheepish grin. "I made it words to live by." He added, seeing the food arrive. he rubbed his hands together in excitement. "Can't wait." He muttered. He closed his eyes in a slight thanks for the food, before picking up the burger.

(I won't make anymore faith references if you don't want them)

The rest of the day upon their return had kept Tanya busy, that was one thing for certain. Between running errands and messages between departments and writing and proof-reading various documents, she had not gotten a chance to even start to sift through what Celebrity X Cruise had to offer. By the time she had returned home, however, she had tossed her hair into a messy bun, washed her face and changed into a comfortable pair of shorts and tank top. With a glass of red wine, she sat in front of her laptop and began her search.

Only an hour in and a few choices narrowed down, there were several clattering knocks at the door of her apartment, causing her to flinch in surprise from her concentration. She stood, baffled, until she heard the familiar whines of some of her closest friends. A grin quirked the corners of her lips upward as she reached the door and threw it open.

"Bitch, do you never answer your phone?" the blonde chided first, mischievous grin on her lips as she let herself in. Tanya rolled her eyes, but didn't get a chance to chime in as the brunette behind Olivia did, instead.

"No she answers her phone in a heartbeat...for Mr. Blaze."

This caused the guests to laugh and Tanya to simply roll her eyes as she closed the door behind them. "Har, har, laugh it up. Your just jealous that my position is far-better than yours," she teased after childishly sticking her tongue out at them both. Olivia sighed dreamily.

"That much is for damn sure. Although I would alter your position to be under him far-more literally, if you catch my drift." Blonde eyebrows wiggled suggestively across her forehead.

Kristine and Tanya both could resist their laughter as the two women made themselves at home...until Kristine noticed the laptop on the couch cushion and what it was open to. "Excuse me, are you taking a vacation without us?" The black-haired woman's stomach dropped, eyes widening as she moved from the kitchen back into the living room in hopes of cutting her snooping short before it was too late. As it happened, she was the one too late. "...a cruise for two?! Excuse me, is there something you're not telling us?!"

Tanya stood before the two women and breathed a long, slow sigh. There would be no keeping this from either of them. "You two have to swear to keep your mouths absolutely stapled shut, do you hear me?"

Three fingers from each girl lifted. "Brownie's honor!"

She narrowed her eyes at them. Neither had been scouts...but she chose to ignore that. "Ja-...the cruise is for Mr. Blaze. He told me he needed a vacation and asked me to do some research for him."

Olivia's expression fell. "Shit, so he's taken? Lucky bitch..."

"...not...exactly." She was surprised there weren't four holes embedded into her skull. "He said he didn't have anyone to go with and asked me to go." The sentence came out rushed and in one breath.

As if that could take away from the dramatics.

"OH MY GOD, SINCE WHEN ARE YOU SLEEPING WITH HIM?!"

"AND YOU DIDN'T TELL US?!"

The indignant exclamations went on until she could finally shush them. "No, it's not like that! I swear! Far from it, in fact!" Unfortunately. "He considers me a close friend and didn't want to go alone...so he asked me to go with him."

Kristine studied Tanya briefly. "And you're okay with that? As friends?"

Tanya exhaled and shrugged. "I do my job...I earned a vacation, right? You seriously can't say a word, though. You know everyone would kill me."

Kristine's gaze narrowed at the way her best friend dodged actual question but just shook her head. "You're funeral. I think we need to break out the alcohol to discuss this further."

(LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!)

Jake sighed as he plopped down on the sofa of his apartment. Despite being uber-rich, he liked to live modestly. After going online and ordering a PS4 and Xbox One, he switched on the TV, watching the news lately. Then, he heard a knock on his own door. His buddy Ryan from Elementary School all the way through college, and he was BE's CFO, Chief Financial Officer. "Hey, man. What's up?" The blonde haired man asked.

"Nothing much. Just ordered the new consoles." He said. "So Reggie told me he heard you ask Tanya about a vacation?" Jake's stomach dropped. "I-It's just as friends!" He protested.

"Really? Well you need to step up! You've been alone for far too long, my friend.." Ryan said calmly.

The two continued to chat...

(I thought it was appropriate x3)

The three women were perched across the large, comfy couch, glasses of various alcohols in their hands on spread along the table as they discussed the matters at hand. Tanya had continued to sift through the cruise listings, feeling somewhat of a relief to have someone else to bounce the ideas off of in the process. By the time she had decided, she did something she likely would not have done had a little too much alcohol not been involved. It wasn't much, but typically would have been saved for a slightly more professional email.

Nonetheless, she took a picture of the cruise listing on the laptop screen with her phone and sent a text to none-other than Jake, himself. How's this one look, Boss? : )

Jake then recieved an email, and he checked his phone quickly. "That from Tanya?" Ryan asked, setting down the controllers in the midst of their Borderlands playthrough. Jake nodded. "Yup." He perused the contents of the link, and then texted back. "Looks good, Tanya. So it's next week, huh? Alright." He smiled as he set the phone down and picked back up the controller.

Upon realizing what she had done, Olivia and Kristine had wrestled the cellular device from the woman's hands and were holding it hostage despite her complaints. They were giggling and acting very much like teenagers, but were past the point of caring. They had been friends for too-long to worry about that sort of thing. By the time she had gotten the response, all three had fallen silent until it was read.

"You know what this means, don't you my dear Tanya?"

The black-haired woman took a steadying sip from her glass of wine before meeting the almost matching brown eyes that stared back at her. She quirked a brow in answer.

"YOU'RE FINALLY GETTING LAID NEXT WEEK!"

She flushed and threw one of the decorative pillows at the cackling women, the fairer of the three sending a quick reply with a mischievous grin as the other two bickered.

Next week it is! Make sure to bring a good bathing suit! ; )

(Wait, who sent that last message? Was the phone still being hijacked?)

Jake raised an eyebrow. "Good bathing suit? Sure, I have a pair of swim trunks that fit me, but why ask?" He texted, and added. "Are you hiding something?" Ryan stifled a chuckle at his friend's obliviousness.

(The phone was hijacked, so Olivia did send it, yes x3)

While Tanya and Kristine were distracted by their own conversation and childishness, Olivia was grinning mischievously to herself. Her brows rose in mild confusion at his response and realized, perhaps, that she would have to be a bit more forward for them both...but not necessarily to the point that the secretary would kill her in her sleep.

Hiding something? Me? Not at all...just working up a mental image to get me through the week. ;)

With that sent, Olivia sat back and watched as Kristine refilled their glasses. Perhaps Tanya would kill her, after all.

Jake raised an eyebrow in confusion. He then blushed. "A-A mental image!?" He shouted, blushing brightly. "What the hell?!" Ryan laughed loudly. "Dude, she digs you!" Ryan said happily.

Back
Top Bottom