Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Something About My Secretary (Bass and Driven)

A piece of Tanya's heart off with each word he spoke. She certainly hadn't breezed straight through high school or college, but she did have a close circle of friends as well as several boyfriends along the way. She's had fun, had her heart broken and then moved on with her life to experience more of it. He truly had no clue what gossip went on around the office, especially amongst the women. The dreamy sighs and curt jokes. She rarely heard a negative word against him and there he was, questioning everything he had helped to build around him.

"Jake..." She began quietly, shimmying closer to him and picking up one of his hands in both of her own. "I want you to listen to me, and listen very closely. Everyone in and around this building respects every single thing you've done for this company. I have never heard anyone say a bad word about you and I have spent a lot of time with many of the women around here who definitely have nothing but good things to say about you," she explained definitively, lifting he gaze to meet his once more. "And most importantly, I say you are one of the greatest guys I've met and had the pleasure of working with. There is no one better. And you're building this company up just as well as your father and grandfather before you." She offered a small smile.

"Jake...I want you to listen to me, and listen very closely. Everyone in and around this building respects every single thing you've done for this company. I have never heard anyone say a bad word about you and I have spent a lot of time with many of the women around here who definitely have nothing but good things to say about you. And most importantly, I say you are one of the greatest guys I've met and had the pleasure of working with. There is no one better. And you're building this company up just as well as your father and grandfather before you." Came her speech. Jake's eyes brimmed up with tears. He then, in a completely unprofessional manner, wrapped his arms around her in a hug, squeezing his own tears of joy out.

That settled it. He NEEDED a vacation. All this might have been brought about by the stress of constantly working. He then pulled back once he calmed down. "Um...out of curiosity..what do my employees say about me, specifically?" He asked curiously, tilting his head and looking at her intently.

Surprise didn't even begin to cover the range of emotions she experienced the moment he wrapped his arms tightly at around her. She stiffened for all of a second before melting into the warmth of his arms and returning the gesture with eyes squeezed shut. It was all almost too much. His arms were strong and comforting despite the fact that it was a gesture of gratitude. Perhaps it was because she hadn't been in any kind of intimate situation with a man in months, or perhaps it was just because it was Jake Blaze, a man she had silently admired since she had started working there. Either way, she had to focus hard on holding herself together in an appropriate manner.

The space put between them once he had pulled away had helped, and she let her hands return to the top of his desk to support the seat she still held there. And his question had her face flushing red before she could stop it. She spent most of her time with the female employees and, well...they said a lot, most of which wasn't in the least bit professional. She cleared her throat quietly. "Uh, well...a lot. They talk about how dedicated you are and what a great boss you are..."

(Well if she won't tell him, can you tell me?)

Jake raised an eyebrow. "The truth now. The WHOLE truth. I can take it." He said firmly, sitting down in his chair comfortably.

Tanya's cheeks continued to warm as she chewed quietly on the inside of her lip. She couldn't just tell him that at least 90% of his female employees had a tendency to gossip about how good-looking he was. And she definitely couldn't say anything about some of the, er, raunchier conversations that had gone on. As usual, she found herself attempting to come up with a plan of action to tread lightly...

"I assure you it's nothing bad...just that some of us ladies like to, um..." she cleared her throat again, struggling to find appropriate words. "Let's just say like to admire a good man."

Jake put a hand to his chin. "So....they admire my looks? That's gotta be why you're blushing." He said calmly, smiling at her.

He sighed. "Well let them think what they want." He said calmly and took out his smart phone.

Tanya cleared her throat once more, still rather flustered by the unusual conversation. She hardly expected to up and tell her boss that she and the other women around the office thought he was a little hot to handle...especially after the conversation they had just had. "You didn't hear it from me," she offered, raising her hands in defense and finally rising from her seat on his desk to walk around the front once more. She didn't want to seem closed off, but she wasn't exactly sure where to go from there.

"So...anything else you need from me right now?" she smiled lightly.

Jake nodded. "Understood. I'll keep it quiet." He typed a command on his computer, shutting it down. "Nope. Nothing that I can think of. I'm gonna head on home. I'll meet with you tomorrow afternoon for lunch so we can discuss the vacation, alright?" He asked, putting his coat on.

Tanya smiled slightly and nodded. At least he hadn't asked about her...although judging from what she had just learned, he didn't expect anyone to look at him that way at all. She had several schools of women to find and smack the hell out of for this.

She nodded slowly. "Alright, sir. Have a good evening," she offered before heading out of his office and out to her desk to pick up her own coat and get her things together. She had managed to get enough of her work done early enough that she could leave when he did, especially if he had nothing else for her to do.

As he went home, Jake's thoughts drifted to what he had just learned. He was pretty much an offic heartthrob? He blushed at the thought. He had no idea if he would be ready for a relationship. He walked inside his home and immediately went to bed.

Tanya had arisen fairly early the following morning and taken a little extra time to get ready. She occasionally felt the need to pamper herself a bit in the mornings, and if her internal clock had awoken her over an hour before her usual alarm time, then it was clearly that time. She made herself a nice breakfast of a bagel, egg and cheese sandwich, watched some news, managed to paint her fingernails and toenails a matching shade of light pink and even blow-dried her hair to add a little extra volume to the wavy black tresses. She felt good and confident by the time she had pulled on a navy blue skirt, red blouse and red peep-toe heels. It was only when she was on her way out the door that she remembered what she was supposed to be doing for lunch...

She brushed the thought aside and made her way to work, heading into the office building and greeting people as she went. Most of her hair was down, although front was pulled back into a small ponytail in something akin to the waterfall hairstyle, sans the braids. It was still professional but took advantage of the fact that her hair was in extra high form that morning. She brushed it behind her shoulders as she got to her desk and set down her small briefcase. It was easier to carry than a purse and held more of what she needed. She took a seat at her desk, crossed her legs and booted up her computer to start the morning's tasks.

When she booted up her email, he she would see she had an email from Jake in her inbox. Inside it would read:

"Tanya. I'm going to be just a little late to work. I had to go visit my parents. They missed me. Being a loving son, I went to see them. I just sent this in case you are wondering where I am.

Jake"

Jake was currently driving towards the office, munching on a bagel himself. He sighed. He loved his parents, but sometimes they prattled on a little too much for his tastes!

As was part of her usual routine, the first thing she did was load up her emails. Of the older emails consisting of a few different office forwards and the like, the most recent was, indeed, from Jake Blaze. Her eyes flit over the words quickly and efficiently as usual, a small smile quirking her lips upward. So it was his turn to play dutiful son. She laughed quietly to herself and pulled up a quick reply just in case he might see it before he arrived.

"Don't worry about it, boss man! I took my time being the dutiful daughter the other day and it's your turn to be the dutiful son! Thank you for the heads up! -Tanya"

Once sent, she went through her other work-related emails and answered as necessary, pulling up and sending assorted files and things as necessary. This was always one of the longest parts of the job.

About thirty minutes after she read the email, she would hear Jake enter, laughing. "Terry, you never fail to make me laugh." He complimented the older gentleman who was part of the administrative team. "It's great to hear that from you, boss!" The man said happily.

Jake then walked up to Tanya. "Morning. How'd you sleep last night?" He asked cheerfully.

Just as she had finished sending a follow up email to some from marketing, she did, in fact, hear Jake's familiar voice as he made his grand entrance. A small smile tugged at the corners of her lips as she went about cleaning up her inbox. It was somewhat of a quirk she had. She was never one of those people to let her inbox collect thousands of unread, unnecessary emails. If she was done with it, it was deleted or separated into a separate folder for safe-keeping.

Tanya tilted her face up and away from the screen as Jake approached her desk and flashed him a smile of her own. "Good morning to you, as well. I slept just fine, and yourself? How are your parents?"

(I do that with my inbox too!)

Jake smiled. "I slept well, and my parents are better now that they've seen me." He said happily. He walked into his office, removing his coat and sitting down at his desk, turning on his computer. He immediately checked his email. "What? Dammit. They've been avoiding paying us for too long.." He muttered, a little irritated at a distribution branch's underhanded tactics.

Tanya's smile broadened as she laughed slightly. "Glad to hear it." She answered a few more emails after he entered his office before rising from her desk and straightening her skirt slightly. With her usual ease of stride, she headed into his office with a perpetual little grin. "Can I get you anything?"

Jake looked up at her. "Yes. I need to send a reminder to "Martopia". They've skipped out on five payments of our products sent to them." He said, clearly irritated at the company.

"You can write it, since I have the tendency to write using angry terms when I'm in a bad mood, okay?" He asked, smiling weakly.

Tanya's hands folded neatly in front of her as she nodded, a wry smile replacing the more polite one. "Absolutely, I'll write it up and send it your way for approval, if you'd like," she offered with a slight nod. "You can tag it and sign it if you'd like to send it directly from you, anyway."

Jake nodded. "Thank you. We need this taken care of, or we're losing money." He added, returning to his computer.

"I'll get on that right away, then!" she assured before stepping out of his office and moving back to her own desk. She spun a bit in the chair as she sat back down before settling and pulling up a blank document to get the "friendly reminder" written. Her hands were poised neatly over the keyboard as she considered the options and then her fingers flew lithely over the keys without hesitation. It certainly wasn't the first time she had written something like it.

Once she was satisfied with the way it was written, she read it over a few times to check for errors and then attached it to an email to Jack. Once it was sent, she pushed away from her desk and strolled back to his office before peaking her head in the door with a light knock on the frame. "I sent the Martopia reminder to your email for your approval!"

Jake began to work on his computer diligently, checking up on the different departments, and holding a conference call with the CEO of Blaze Enterprises of Europe. They discussed business strategies, and even the acquisition of a few store chains.

When Tanya came in, it was almost lunch time. "Good. Thanks Tanya. Hey, it's about time for Lunch Break. Ready to go?" He asked, referring to lunch together to plan the vacation.

Tanya's eyebrows lifted in mild surprise at the mention of their lunch. She had nearly forgotten and certainly hadn't expected him to either remember or have been serious about it. She nearly kicked herself as soon as the thought crossed her mind. He wasn't the type to forget things like that.

She blinked and nodded slightly. "Yes, I just have to grab my bag on the way out," she answered. "Just one sec! She walked carefully back to her desk, pulse quickening as the realization sit in. She was going to lunch with her boss: to plan a vacation to take...with her boss. Probably something along the lines of a cruise...with her boss. Her cheeks started to warm and she shook her head slightly to clear it.

...it still didn't mean anything...right?

Right.

She bent slightly and reached under her desk to grab her briefcase before righting her and straightening out her skirt somewhat. No need to read into things too much...

Jake smiled as he packed his things into his briefcase and stood up, locking down his computer with his high security encoder. Being the President of a huge company, he had the best security money could buy. And he made sure all the people who worked in the offices had it too.

He walked out of the office, shutting off the lights and smiled at Tanya. "So, I was thinking we could go to someplace casual. We only have an hour to eat." He said kindly.

Tanya turned and smiled at Jake in return, nodding slightly as they headed to the elevator. "There's a few different bistros a few of the other girls and I go to every now and then. They're quick, casual and good food?" she offered. The thoughts steadily beginning to infiltrate her mind were already bordering inappropriate, but it was becoming more and more difficult to suppress. Despite everything, the thought of going on as intimate vacation as a cruise with her boss did not do anything to quiet the already prevalent thoughts of her attraction...

...perhaps it had just been too long since she had any kind of relationship...

Back
Top Bottom